Deltek Costpoint

3.5

Deltek Costpoint is an ERP Solution for project accounting, labor management, manufacturing and business intelligence that help keep you compliant while improving visibility, efficiency and profitability.

Work for Deltek Costpoint?

Learning about Deltek Costpoint?

Deltek Costpoint Reviews

Ask Deltek Costpoint a Question
Showing 44 Deltek Costpoint reviews
Deltek Costpoint review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"Deltek Costpoint - Flexible Option"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the software. Many modules and add-on products allow companies to create a solution that meets the needs of the company from payroll/human resources to contracts & subcontracts. While the payroll module does have some limitations, it is a great solution for in-house payroll.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is not great for small businesses and can be cost prohibitive. Support in some areas is lacking. However other areas (especially Payroll) support is outstanding. We have a designated "customer liaison manager", but they seem to change often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the modules included with Costpoint before looking at any add-ons. Contact third-party consultants for implementation options. Attending the Deltek InSight conference is a great way to see what is available in Costpoint, and what is available for add-on products.

We have been able to integrate payroll, human resources, purchase orders, contracts management into one solution. Cognos report writing is a great feature that pulls the information from Costpoint using custom and "canned" reports. Once further solutions, such as on-boarding, are implemented, we will see an even greater return on investment.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Deltek Costpoint
Deltek Costpoint review by Brook M.
Brook M.

"Deltek Costpoint"

What do you like best?

Great way to organize information ranging from Finance to HR to even Contracting. I don't input any of the information but it is very helpful to me when pricing proposals because I get a snapshot of historical information on our contracts and can even use it as a job sheet to track how well we are doing financially on each contract.

What do you dislike?

The consultants that set up our software for us did not do very well and so we have had to reach out to them constantly and they charge us each time we reach out for help. We have an experienced user that joined our team and she said the setup was done very well and it takes up a lot of our time and money to try and fix these problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great, just make sure it is set up correctly so you don't run into problems while trying to use it!

Tracking progress on our contracts by comparing how well we are doing financially with how well we planned to do. We do manual job sheets and I use Deltek to update them. We would like to eventually learn how to put budgets in if we can ever find help without having to pay a consultant thousands of dollars. It has been helpful to have an organized system to track our progress.

What Project-Based ERP solution do you use?

Deltek Costpoint review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"The possibilities are Endless"

What do you like best?

I love the capability to look at my project data at specific levels or to roll it up to the top level. This allows management to see just what they need and not have a lot of extraneous data. It allows you to really personalize how you want your project information set up.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is closely related to what I like about Costpoint. You can easily get lost in the multitude of menus. If your are not careful you can easily mess up the whole process with one change. Although the error notifications are really good at preventing this from happening often!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deltek Costpoint is an amazing system. Make sure that you review what you need your software to do and then examine if it is the best fit for what you need. Look at your company processes to choose the best integration process. Meet with several integration consultants to find the one that understands what you company's needs during the integration and testing process. Also make sure that your staff is properly trained. Deltek provides many ways in which to gain the required training from Deltek University to webinars, white papers, and highly knowledgeable consultants.

The additional characters have given us more depth to grow and add new projects. We have been able to increase our report potential for project management by having a more detailed look at the project at specific times. We are working on streamlining our billing process.

Deltek Costpoint review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Flexible ERP Systems"

What do you like best?

First of all the customer care is nothing you will find anywhere in the marketplace. The time taken for each customer to fund solutions is above and beyond. A host of options that allow any organization to customize and use the system to meet their needs. The system provides solutions out of the box. Included are tools to customize canned reports and add integrations for every module. Extensibility is something recently introduced to users that makes the system even more powerful today. The seamless integration with all products makes the entire system even more powerful using Time & Expense along with the Budgeting and Planning add-on.

What do you dislike?

User interface isn't the most innovative and is under development. There is some work required upfront that requires users to answer key questions and is critical to the success of the product being used. That was unexpected, and challenging to end users trying to balance their normal duties along with providing business requirements. Adding licenses can also be an unexpected cost as they are higher than the initial purchase price and maintenance must be paid for the additional seats when obtained. Customers have no control over this and if not allocated in the budget, it can be a surprise. The in-house consulting services are excellent, however the rates charged are generally higher than 3rd party consultants they outsource to (which are former Deltek employees).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many products available in the market place. Deltek Costpoint meets and exceeds limitations of other products available. The core product allows any business to start quickly. The optional add-on modules provides flexibility to customize the system and maximize your return on investment.

Electronic storage of critical documents supporting various needs to make quick decisions. Real time reporting allows program managers to see exactly where they are at all times. It is critical to have this information available to end users in a simple and easy to use system.

Deltek Costpoint review by Julia A.
Julia A.

"Costpoint 7"

What do you like best?

I do not like Costpoint very much, but the ability to setup different plans, locations, etc. is pretty simple.

What do you dislike?

The setup of a new employee is convoluted. The system is not very user friendly, and there are several fields that need to be filled out in order to accomplish the same purpose. One field never drives another, and things cannot be pre-populated - at least not the way our company has it setup. Also, once and item is in a list, it cannot be made inactive. Our company has had a merger and several acquisitions so there are many values we no longer use, but need to be kept for historical purposes. We should be able to make those inactive so that they do not show up on lists for new hires. Since that cannot be done, we have to just know from memory what cannot be used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a robust system, but it is not user friendly. Make sure you have someone technical who will be using it.

We use it to calculate our payroll and drive our accounting and PTO. It can hold a lot of historical data which is nice, and while separate, the reporting from Cognos is pretty robust.

Deltek Costpoint review by Lakesha L.
Lakesha L.

"Used better programs"

What do you like best?

I like that the new version prints checks, reports etc. in the PDF version before wasting all the paper of having to print it out first. It allows you to review before hand to see if that is really what you really want before confirming anything. I like how you are able to enter descriptions in your vouchers to detail out what the voucher is for or what the voucher is paying. So for future reference you are able to go back and see why it was posted or who did it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it doesn't allow duplicate checks and that you have to always check that box. I also don't like that you have to run zero dollar checks separately to clear out corrections. They use to be included in the normal check run process. I also dislike that you cannot reverse a credit in system, so it makes it difficult to make corrections sometimes. Sometimes I dislike some of the error messages that pop up and it doesn't detail out what the issue is but it won't allow you to move on until you fix the problem. It just puts a big red box around the problem but that is it and a small description of the problem at the bottom. It think it needs more details as to what is needed to correct the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say go over everything in the system and make sure that it fits your needs because sometimes I do not things that everything was reviewed before hand before they decided to upgrade and some of the new features make our jobs a little more time consuming.

I work on cutting the payments to our vendors and creating the files to send to the bank. I create the preprocessor and the cash disbursements.

Deltek Costpoint review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"Review of Deltek Costpoint"

What do you like best?

Once you learn the system, it's pretty easy to put in your time for time keeping

What do you dislike?

If you have to do anything beyond the normal steps of putting in your time, it can be a little difficult to work through the sub menus to access other time trees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good system to use if you're looking for something that's a simple set up for your employees and not difficult to navigate. Can be helpful if you have other Deltek products that your company uses.

Since it's integrated into our HR software, keeps everything in one ecosystem

Deltek Costpoint review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Convoluted and Complicated"

What do you like best?

The main screen interface is fairly easy to decipher and navigate since it has large, clear, graphical buttons taking the user to areas within the software.

What do you dislike?

Most of the user experience is attempting to figure out how to find the information one needs since data is often buried behind windows and links. It is difficult to find what one is looking for, and the GUI while searching for project related information is not intuitive.

Contract management - all contract data is enetered into Costpoint, and it is the main database for contract information, including accounting/financials.

Deltek Costpoint review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"Web-Based Timekeeping"

What do you like best?

Deltek allows one to take care of daily timekeeping and expense needs using a convenient web interface. Due to the fact that no software client is required, Deltek can be accessed from any computer and there is even a mobile version of Deltek that can be accessed from a phone or tablet (or a regular computer for that matter).

A variety of reports are available that can be used to display personal timekeeping and expense information as well as information for subbordinate employees.

Frequently used charge codes can be favorited and they can even be configured to autopopulate. When creating expense reports, one can select a previously recorded expense report to be used as a template.

What do you dislike?

When recording expenses, it would be nice if there were a copy/paste function so that repetive expenses such as daily commute costs could be recorded more easily. In the mobile version of Deltek, there is no method for approving expenses, in fact, I am not even notified that there are expenses awaiting approval. Finally, I find the changes made to my timesheet when amending to be somewhat confusing and difficult to look it. Although technically correct, I think that maybe just crossing out the original time entries would be easier to process visually.

At my workplace, Deltek is used to record time worked and expenses. Given that Deltek is accessed via the web, these items can be recorded anywhere and managers are able to see what their employees enter immediately. Deltek has built-in approval mechanisms that allow managers and auditors to ok timesheets and expense reports so that customers can be billed and employees can be payed.

Deltek Costpoint review by Pauline W.
Pauline W.

"Working with Costpoint"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigation withing each application

What do you dislike?

The reports cannot be converted to excel from within Costpoint. One has to either create a PDF and convert to an excel offline and also the system printing a cover page each time you select the print option. This should be an option one can turn off or chooses so as to save on paper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the setup right from the beginning especially your project set up. A lot of errors are incurred with the initial setup and if you are a user and are not aware of the errors, you cannot be able to realise the impact this will have on your reporting and accuracy as you process your day to day work.

Truing to use other software for report writing. The integration of T&E has helped tremendously in uploading timesheets directly to CP reducing errors and faster processing of labor distribution. Also being able to automatically export changes in the peoples application when you make updates back to T&E has also helped in reducing errors and duplicate entries.

Deltek Costpoint review by Administrator in Public Policy
Administrator in Public Policy

"Admin and User in Accounting"

What do you like best?

Project management for federal contracting and grantees which incorporates various agency reporting.

What do you dislike?

The steps are complex and not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the single signon integration. I'm waiting for the bugs to be worked out. As you move to a more user friendly processes, I think CP will begin to be all that we need. Also, we have multiple funders and it's not easy to make this work. If you could incorporate this functionality, I would be a very happy CP user.

I'm able to provide realtime data to program managers. Have implemented PO process that is initiated by the program staff directly in the system,.

Deltek Costpoint review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Deltek Timesheets"

What do you like best?

Honestly, I do not know how payroll was able to produce paychecks before programs like Deltek Costpoint were available. I can see how the paying of employees and taxes and project cost tracking processes are able to be handled by this program. From a user's perspective, I absolutely must enter my time on a daily basis, because tracking hours worked against project numbers is critical to my success. I'm located two time zones away from Corporate, so I really like the approval workflow.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the layout - even when I stretch or shrink frames I'm error prone because there is too much scrolling required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Deltek user, enter your time every day.

Online is allowing me to meet deadlines even though I'm three time zones away from corporate.

Deltek Costpoint review by Meaghan R.
Meaghan R.

"Sufficient"

What do you like best?

Once you learn all of the quirks, it's very easy to use. The ability to add notes to each line is the helpful. The ability to add what seems like an infinite amount of charge lines is great.

What do you dislike?

The loop you can get stuck in getting locked out of your account and resetting your password. It's happened to me and felt like an endless cycle.

The current version we are using is cloud based.

Deltek Costpoint review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Deltek "

What do you like best?

A great time keeping and expense program. Much better than other products, as this is mainstreamed into allowing managers too directly (and quickly) approve request. There are several other functions that are able to be used that we (at my department) do not currently use, such as requesting vacation (and mangers approving such request), as well as tracking an employee’s work schedule, in case they are working at several different sites.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit confusing to our new hires, when they are trying to navigate through an Expense request. The system takes a little getting used to, and there also seems to be a lack of any type of spell check fiction.

Over all this products allows our company to gather all the various timecard information from many different billable types of individuals and present it to our Government client rather easily.

Deltek Costpoint review by Melissa C.
Melissa C.

"Easy to Navigate"

What do you like best?

Quick system, able to duplicate pages for copied information- saves time

What do you dislike?

Dislike the minimum information in error messages, unable to click on error message

Business solutions have been made from keeping track of data efficiently. Benefits are the query searches and accurate loads of data.

Deltek Costpoint review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"Functional Support for 3 years, Procurement Manager (User) for 2 years"

What do you like best?

The system is able to do Project Accounting

What do you dislike?

lack of customization. mobile doesn't seem to exist

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have good business processes in place

Over time we have be able to analyze our data better. Which starts with capture all of our data correctly.

Deltek Costpoint review by Tiffany F.
Tiffany F.

"Deltek CostPoint"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for Deltek Costpoint and Time and Expense

Also the system is great for our company to manage and approve travel.

What do you dislike?

The functionality to update some of the system requirements are not user friendly or easy to change.

Deltek Expense and Time Keeping are great for any business that has employees across the globe. You can also log in on your phone or from a computer which makes it easily accessible.

Deltek Costpoint review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Costpoint is effective for the most part"

What do you like best?

It’s very easy to input new projects and track accounting-related issues.

What do you dislike?

The system interface, although effective, seems very dated. It could certainly use an upgrade. It just doesn’t feel fresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely learn to use and undergo as much training as possible before use.

We often use Costpoint to track expenditures in relation to proposals as well as expenditures related to current work. With the ability to track these items at multiple levels, Costpoint is very useful

Deltek Costpoint review by Kristen N.
Kristen N.

"Costpoint"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to pull reports to find the data you need.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how many steps it takes to get to the data I am needing or the report I’m trying to pull.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the proper training by a SME before attempting to use

I pull division data that I need so help me understand labor charging and properly calculate labor rates.

Deltek Costpoint review by Pauline W.
Pauline W.

"Pros and Cons of Deltek CP"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use and navigate

What do you dislike?

The software doesn't give full flexibility of customization

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read on the product, ask the experts for any additional information and get the right implementation team to help you set up. This is critical if you are moving from another software to Deltek

Financial reporting. Creating customized reports that are easy to read and are detail oriented

Deltek Costpoint review by Dawn I.
Dawn I.

"CostPoint for Project based business"

What do you like best?

I am pretty impressed by the variety of capabilities of CostPoint to handle domain specific data of project based industries, specially the DCAA audit needs of GovCon industry. We highly recommend the ERP for all contractors in US and other countries.

What do you dislike?

Too many session choices, I would have loved to attend ninety percent of them if not all

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly customised for contracting industry

We help GovCon industry to set the accounting and systems right, with DCAA audit support and Forward Pricing support. We find that CostPoint cannot be easily replaced by any other software.

Deltek Costpoint review by Wendy H.
Wendy H.

"Expense report is not user friendly."

What do you like best?

I like Concur better than Deltek Time and Expense.

What do you dislike?

I like Concur better than Deltek Time and Expense. Concur can accept different formats of receipts and can convert them into useful supporting documents. In addition, it allows users store receipts while on travel and before approval.

Time sheet module works well, especially auditing features and being able to email those users who have not compliant with time sheet policy.

Deltek Costpoint review by Lynne G.
Lynne G.

"Costpoint 7 is worth the upgrade"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the increase in productivity

What do you dislike?

Some of the functions don't always work properly and unnecessary warning notifications when processing vouchers.

Increased productivity

Deltek Costpoint review by ariel d.
ariel d.

"Has its limitations"

What do you like best?

The integration of multiple systems (Sage HR Compass, Time Collection, Billing)

What do you dislike?

Lag in communication across systems, difficulty in finding errors

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use training materials provided to better understand how the system communicates.

Systems work across languages, regions, and time zones, which is effective for MNCs.

Deltek Costpoint review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Some bugs, Overall Good"

What do you like best?

For the most part, it is very easy to look up your charge code, enter your hours for the day, and submit.

What do you dislike?

The site as a whole is a bit difficult to navigate outside of the timesheet.

It's simply an easier way to enter and record hours on your timesheet.

Deltek Costpoint review by Tami S.
Tami S.

"Implementation and Usage Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to track projects by scope, phase. Costpoint has better project tracking than most others

What do you dislike?

Cumbersome to use for someone not technically inclined

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow more time than anticipated to upload historical data

Solves true costing questions. Allows users to see real time costing and budgets. Scheduling of personnel

Deltek Costpoint review by Umair I.
Umair I.

"Costpoint of review"

What do you like best?

Easy to review categories and run reports for each cost item

What do you dislike?

Design is very outdated and not pleasant to look at

Assess cost centers for different projects and run reports to forecast and budget costs for future periods

Deltek Costpoint review by Administrator

"Frustrating"

What do you like best?

The software is great once its setup correctly - calculations and reporting is accurate.

What do you dislike?

We are in the cloud and the updates happen without notice and have been changing settings within our file which has caused huge headaches and many mis-reported items. the program is very cumbersome and requires a lot of input and monitoring to maintain accurate reporting.

All financial and timekeepting aspects of our company. The manufacturing tracking is good.

Deltek Costpoint review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Deltek Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Deltek is made for government contractors and for the most part, it is a simple system to use.

What do you dislike?

The issue with Deltek is that the reporting is very complicated, some parts of not user friendly and the system is very outdated.

It is great for government contractors as Cospoint allows for a breakdown between different contracts. I have used the ESS system and it worked well for employee personal changes/open enrollment.

Deltek Costpoint review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Cospoint use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to move from one screen to another and there help screens for each task that you wish to perform.

What do you dislike?

I am just a user that has been trained how to do specific parts of tasks, I hear that it has expense reporting that we don't use because other software has more of what we need.

Integration of inventory tracking and ordering in one place

Deltek Costpoint review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Worked for Our Application "

What do you like best?

Delete was pretty straightforward and user frequently. Great for managing purchase orders and expense reports.

What do you dislike?

There were certain issues when it came to rounding that would leave purchase orders hanging open or prevent from letting us close out packing slips to show we had received our order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the nuances, but overall it was a very effective choice for us

Tracking expenses for the company and for client projects.

Deltek Costpoint review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"great product"

What do you like best?

easy to use and integrates with a lot of other systems

What do you dislike?

some things are not easy to find and require a ticket to be put in

less admin time is needed

Deltek Costpoint review by Gregory G.
Gregory G.

"Controller"

What do you like best?

Interface use of project it allows for time and good tracking

What do you dislike?

I use the cloud with tbs and and can’t use the tables for timekeeping

Time and project

Deltek Costpoint review by Rick C.
Rick C.

"Excellent Quick Start implementation with great support from Deltek Consultants"

What do you like best?

Excellent PM and consulting support from Mike Palmer, Phyllis Thompson, Dennis Blough, Greg Skruck and Mike Morrow.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes with Costpoint. It fully satisfies our requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product

Reduced cost of operations by moving to cloud based solution

Deltek Costpoint review by Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace
Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace

"Very customizable to handle any configuration"

What do you like best?

Drill down reports, voiding a check, automated purchase requisition workflow via email.

What do you dislike?

Lack of payroll features, was very difficult to migrate to

Project management is a lot easier

Deltek Costpoint review by User

"Great for Project-Based Businesses"

What do you like best?

It integrates the different data silos to enable the various departments to work together easier. The annual conference is fabulous for learning about the products, the industry, and the direction the technology is headed.

What do you dislike?

They do not provide any services to support the use of their software, just the software and troubleshooting assistance.

Accounting, billing, contracts management

Deltek Costpoint review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Deltek Costpoint experience "

What do you like best?

project driven, ability to analyze profitability and performance at any level of a project with detail report

What do you dislike?

for small business users, it might not be so easy to adjust from an accounting software as user-friendly and flexible as QuickBooks to Costpoint.

running detail report to analyze profitability and performance at any level of a project

Deltek Costpoint review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Deltek Time and Expense"

What do you like best?

Not much to recommend. They system is clunky with poor user interface.

What do you dislike?

Clunky user interface, slow, dated looking.

Time tracking and expense. No real benefits at this time

Deltek Costpoint review by Karen S.
Karen S.

"K,s review"

What do you like best?

Costpoint services helping with implementation

What do you dislike?

The pre quality c hecksissues not always correct,

Have issues with custom interfaces

Deltek Costpoint review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Used it for years"

What do you like best?

There is an Android compatible, web-based client that makes updating timesheets on-the-go easy. It has become very easy to use once charge number are assigned.

What do you dislike?

Relies on administrators to assign charge numbers. It also requires multiple logins just to add time or travel to timesheet. "Timesheet Revesal" appears messy -- old data remains with negative numbers and adds new lines and for corrected time.

Only timesheet I've used in my career.

Deltek Costpoint review by Tobias H.
Tobias H.

"procurement Management"

What do you like best?

Interactive employees easy to interact with

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. Always happy with product

Procurement management

Deltek Costpoint review by User in Financial Services

"Terrible, Clunky UI"

What do you like best?

Nothing whatsoever. I cannot think of a redeeming quality for Deltek.

What do you dislike?

The slow, clunky UI. Too many screens to click through to submit a single expense. Cannot delete lines on timesheet once saved.

It's easier for billing our clients for time and expenses.

Deltek Costpoint review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Enjoyed the experience for the last 15 years"

What do you like best?

The menu paths make sense to run day to day operations. Also, the reporting is simple to understand and also understood by DCAA.

What do you dislike?

Cognos reporting seems cumbersome. Hard to locate the data I am looking for.

Revenue Recognition.

Deltek Costpoint review by User

"Expensive Service"

What do you like best?

Deltek offers a comprehensive database of federal acquisitions intelligence.

What do you dislike?

The cost point is quite high, with additional costs for more features

One-stop information on competitors, government acquistions

Learning about Deltek Costpoint?

* We monitor all Deltek Costpoint reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.