Deltek Maconomy

Deltek's Maconomy ERP solution is designed exclusively for professional services companies.

Work for Deltek Maconomy?

Learning about Deltek Maconomy?

Compare Deltek Maconomy to Similar Solutions

Deltek Maconomy Reviews

Ask Deltek Maconomy a Question
Showing 19 Deltek Maconomy reviews
Deltek Maconomy review by <span>Kris B.</span>
Kris B.

Great Partner Vendor

What do you like best?

From a finance perspective, I like having the integrated time, expense, billing, GL, project management all in one place. That is a huge value to our firm, provides tighter controls and more insight into our business.

What do you dislike?

The upgrade process is hugely demanding of our resources. With the rate at which new features are being implemented, we want to upgrade as often as makes sense but it takes a lot for our team to accomplish this. However, with each one it does get easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attending their annual Insight Conference is hugely valuable to learn about their roadmap and even influence their roadmap. They do a great job of listening to their customers and make every effort to improve our experience with the system.

We are able to invoice quicker than ever before with Maconomy. That's the benefit of an integrated ERP system. Our billers can bill anytime, provided all time entry is up-to-date.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Deltek Maconomy
Deltek Maconomy review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Outdated time and expense tracking system

What do you like best?

I think the best part of Maconomy is that it is pretty simple to use. Once you input your time sheet once or twice, it is easy to pull in data from past experiences to fill out future weeks. In addition, filling out expenses doesn't take too long, assuming that you fill out the same data from week to week.

What do you dislike?

The user interface (UI) of Maconomy is super dated. Like many other data management systems, it looks like it was created back in the 90s or something. I also really dislike that it doesn't just save data (like using autocomplete), meaning that I need to write down or search for task codes over and over to input weekly information. Changing something like this could save a load of time and aggravation for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Macomony is a very basic system and doesn't look very pretty - if you want something that looks modern, look somwhere else

We use Maconomy to track our hours worked on each project as well as for our expense system. We can then turn around and use the data and bill out to our clients, and track project resource usage and efficiency in general. In terms of benefits, we have been able to use this system to ensure that expenses are paid back to employees in a timely manner. We have also been able to see where we are overbudgeting resources and where we can reallocate some to other projects.

What Project-Based ERP solution do you use?

Deltek Maconomy review by Executive Sponsor in Accounting
Executive Sponsor in Accounting

Deltek Maconomy

What do you like best?

As an ERP there is a ton of great functionality. To have all of our core functions in one place (time entry, expense reimbursement, budgeting, billng, and GL) greatly simplifies management of a professional services firm.

What do you dislike?

The reporting functionality that comes with the standard system is not so strong. There also seems to be a continual shortage of individuals at Deltek to provide support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work as closely as you can with the standard setup. Customizations in both reporting or structure make utilizing the system more challenging at the time of updates.

You should plan in your budgets for at least one upgrade a year, with everyone other year one being a more significant one where you would likely incur $15k to $20k of expense and then every 10 years an upgrade that is more like a new system implementation.

On licenses, you should do a growth analysis of users. When we acquired the software we bought just the number of licenses we needed. In this number we got a good bulk discount. Then in the future we started adding 10 to 20 at a time. The bulk discount is based on each individual purchase so we didn't receive any discounts when we added licenses and are paying significantly more for our new licenses which are now about equal to 50% of the original purchase. There is no way to start that over.

We have created a very efficient online billing process that allows individuals responsible for billing to have access to real time information. The ease of which we can move from client based data to GL data is also tremendous.

Deltek Maconomy review by <span>Zach S.</span>
Zach S.

Good reporting but very user friendly

What do you like best?

I like the ability to do many things at once within the system

What do you dislike?

I don't like how user unfriendly the application is. There are many instances where in order to go to the next screen you must open other windows and complete and save before moving on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something very simple to use - this is not your product

Time and Expense tracking - It functions well but isn't very modern or user friendly. The application is very outdated.

Deltek Maconomy review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

Easy way to track hours

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. You can keep track of your hours and easily go back to access old work weeks. The calendar gives a good table of billable vs. non-billable work.

What do you dislike?

After you click 'submit' button on a day, you are unable to go back and edit your hours from that day. I wish there was a way to un-do the 'submit' button.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Deltek Maconomy is a great system to use in order to track your hours for work. It is easy to use, user friendly, and good program. I like how simple it is to input your hours. My only complaint is that I cannot edit my hours once they have been submitted. Also, my company spelled my name wrong when they created my account and I am unable to change it. I wish there was a simple way to edit your name and username after the account has been created. Other than those minor complaints, the program is great and I would recommend it to a company for time tracking. I have a positive view of Deltek products for work-related activities.

I am able to view how many hours a week I'm billing hours to a client. This is helpful for the business so they can see how many client vs. non-client hours I am working on.

Deltek Maconomy review by <span>Jens A.</span>
Jens A.

The ultimate cliche of a Business system...in all the worst ways

What do you like best?

It links with a few other systems and allows me to pull reports.

What do you dislike?

The UI is just abysmal, the entire systems runs on Java and clearly the code hasn't been looked at in ages. The color scheme is shades of grey which only adds to the the depression that occurs as a result of usage. The supposed API for the product has no documentation on the website, and from what I was able to find - it uses their proprietary "Mscript", whatever that is. So, good luck integrating on your own. The amount of errors I run into on a weekly basis is just staggering and they aren't human-readable, so there's nothing I can do with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider other products first - and think about integrations and user experience the most.

We're tracking utilization and billability of resources via the time they report in Maconomy (which we have to constantly remind them to do, because they hate the experience), that has allowed us to allocate more efficiently.

Learning about Deltek Maconomy?

* We monitor all Deltek Maconomy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Deltek Maconomy to Similar Solutions