DemandTools

DemandTools by CRMFusion is a data quality toolset for Salesforce CRM. De-deduplication, normalization, standardization, comparison, import, export, mass delete, and more.

Work for DemandTools?

Showing 47 DemandTools reviews
DemandTools review by <span>Josh S.</span>
Josh S.

A must have tool for all Salesforce Admins

What do you like best?

DemandTools has created a super powerful tool for SFDC admins to fully manipulate and understand their data. Mass updates, inserts and my personal favorite function; Find/Report IDs. All too often do I receive a list of necessary updates from users with no ID, this function is an absolute lifesaver. SIngle Table dedupe allows for easy data cleansing as well. I do also appreciate their willingness to build a free community and course set around DemandTools Certification.

What do you dislike?

User interface can be a bit cumbersome with limited viewing space when setting certain criteria. The tool can be daunting to first time users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is on the pricier side, however the depth and breadth of functions which the toolset can provide is incredibly valuable. DemandTools is my go to solution whenever working with large sets of data for cleansing or updating.

Advanced data manipulation and reporting which we either cannot do, or cannot do easily within Salesforce's native tool set.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DemandTools
DemandTools review by <span>Beth F.</span>
Beth F.

Love this tool - but could use a UI upgrade

What do you like best?

It is very easy to update and and delete data in Salesforce using this tool. some of the features that I think are particularly helpful are: uploads and updates using Excel, using constants when uploading data, updating data using business logic, identifying and performing deduplication, and insight into error records.

When uploading new records, you can specify a constant for any of the fields. So if you know all of the uploaded data is a certain record type or is owned by a particular user, you don't have to update your spreadsheet. You can just use constants.

If you have the need to replace one value with another, this tool can do. For example if we run out of stock on a product, we can upload Opportunities with a different product to replace it.

The de-dupe has many options for matching and you can build your own. You can peruse through the dupes and determine if you like the algorithm and then use it to automatically dedupe those records. There are some options to determine the master and rules for when the master has blank fields but the dupe has valid data.

Finally when records error out, Demand Tools creates a file that you can use to determine the error, correct it and reload.

Good, solid tools.

What do you dislike?

The UI and navigation aren't great. Some of the text and checkboxes are only half visible because of screen resolution. Also, you can't search for the table you need to update in Salesforce - and there are a LOT of tables. It would be much easier to use with some nav and UI updates but frankly, it would never deter me from using the tools (which is likely why they don't focus on it)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!!! Learn all aspect - there is more than you think going on!

We have some outside the system processes like uploading campaign members from direct Mail campaigns and soft integrations with vendors. The tool allows us to upload data consistently and correctly. It also allows us to perform mass data clean up.

What Data Quality solution do you use?

DemandTools review by <span>Patrick W.</span>
Patrick W.

Probably the best data management tool I've ever used

What do you like best?

Mass impact and the single table dedupe are some of the most powerful and intuitive data management tools I've ever used. Is incredibly fast and pulls down data and updates way faster than you can do it with data loader. The logic on the dedupe is impressive and really helps you hone in on your duplicates. Powergrid is also especially powerful for people who are used to working in excel or have large numbers of updates they need to do in that manner. The Discovery tool is often forgotten but incredibly useful--essentially lets you throw a file up against Salesforce and report back matches, even if multiple found so you can merge and identify data.

What do you dislike?

Having to reload metadata can take quite awhile in a large org--wish it did incrementals pulls on its own. Can be very slow navigating to different operations or objects in MassEffect. Unable to enter a custom SOQL (e.g. with a subquery) as the basis for the data pulled down. Powergrid is cumbersome in that you have to save your scenario to go back and refine/update unlike the elegance of massimpact. Can be very slow if you have a lot of fields on that object.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it--do it right now. You will never go back.

Duplicate data, mass updates or logic-based updates that need to be done to salesforce.com. Identify records in database based on an external file.

DemandTools review by Administrator in Performing Arts
Administrator in Performing Arts

Demand Tools has been a life-saver!

What do you like best?

The Find Ids feature is by far the most useful to me - we have a situation with multiple locations of data, despite our main CRM being Salesforce. Being able to accurately and quickly track down the "real" contact information in SF using the wide variety of data I'm presented with has truly been miraculous. The best part is that once I got the hang of the tool, I've been able to creatively solve complicated [read: weird] problems/questions I'm presented with by other, less-data-savvy departments.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say there is anything I truly dislike about the software. It does take some time to understand the processes and logic that is at work in the different tools, but once the learning curve is overcome, it's a great application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've only scratched the surface of what DemandTools has to offer and already I know that it is indispensable to our organization. It definitely is a good idea to participate in the training sessions they periodically offer, as well as get guidance when working with the program for the first time.

Their deal for non-profit organizations is also amazing!

As mentioned above, the biggest problem we have is various sources and even "homes" for data - it's taken us time to get departments to move things out of their silos. The amount of time I can save using DemandTools is an obvious benefit, but given the varying degree of accuracy in the other data sources, most valuable to me is the confidence I have with results that come through DemandTools processes.

DemandTools review by Administrator in Computer Software

DemandTools shortens project times and increases accuracy!

What do you like best?

I can quickly locate data based on easy to create filters. It allows me to review and update in just a few clicks. It would take hours to manually find and update but by using DemandTools it takes minutes.

What do you dislike?

I wish the final UI view of data searches were a little clearer and easier to use. I tend to export and view in excel instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the most cost effective tools for SFDC. It allows you to work with your data in so many ways while providing an inexpensive and easy to use product. Once you use it, you will ask why it took you so long to try it.

Data accuracy is an issue. I am able to quickly find missing data points and update. This makes reporting in Salesforce cleaner and better for the end users.

DemandTools review by <span>Sabrina Zyra S.</span>
Sabrina Zyra S.

Powerful tool!

What do you like best?

DemandTools is very well integrated with our CRM system, Salesforce.com, and its different modules are user friendly and straightforward. A new user can be fully ramped up and be well on their way to standardising, cleansing, and overall manipulating their data - in real time - in no time.

What do you dislike?

DemandTools pulls ALL fields from our CRM system: standard fields, custom fields, archived fields and sometimes it gets too confusing to figure out the active fields that need to be used. If there is a way to only pull active fields, I would definitely want to know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Help increase the productivity of your sales force by making sure they have as accurate and as high quality a database to work with as possible.

Automating processes such as standardising fields, mass deduplication of records and overall cleansing of our database saves us a lot of manpower and time in ensuring that we maintain as high quality a database as possible.

Learning about DemandTools?

* We monitor all DemandTools reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.