Dentrix

Dentrix is a practice management solution that provides charting capabilities and imaging connectivity that helps you manage your productivity and allows you to build your digital dental office.

Work for Dentrix?

Learning about Dentrix?

Dentrix Reviews

Showing 55 Dentrix reviews
Dentrix review by John C.
John C.

"Dentrix PowerPay does not meet industry standards"

What do you like best?

Dentrix tries to offer the latest in IT technology. All bundled in a very comprehensive software suite.

What do you dislike?

Product crashes often. We spend countless hours with their support team fixing things very often. PowerPay is downright non-complaint with Credit Card industry standards. A) Is not compatible with credit cards with Chips, and B) Use an underlying database from Microsoft that has been discontinued since 2008. Causing our office to fail credit card PCI compliance. They claim to be working on those issues, but they have been saying that for well over 1 year - with no signs of progress anywhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The basic package is OK, But, do not acquire/install of their advanced features. Wait until they fix all their their bugs. Which may take years. Stay away from their PowerPay feature.

Dentrix software integrates all the patient information needed to run the office. But it comes with many glitches and tons downtime.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dentrix
Dentrix review by Alisha M.
Alisha M.

"Dentrix, the way of the past"

What do you like best?

Nothing, Dentrix is not a good system for Orthodontic practices.

What do you dislike?

Everything, the toolbars are not functional. It is hard to make appointments. It is especially hard in an Orthodontic setting because there are certain things that an Ortho practice needs i.e prompts for certain appointments, a GPS function. I have been in the field for almost five years and we only used Dentrix for about 2 years and then switched to Dolphin management. Our upstairs office still uses this system but they are a general practice and find the treatment planning more useful with dentrix than Dolphin. To each their own, but as an Orthodontic assistant I find that the GPS, Imaging, treatment planning and ease of making appointments on Dolphin management rather than dentrix is better and the way of the future when it comes to dental practices. There are many other reasons, but it might not apply to everyone using the system. I am sure there are people out there who love dentrix. But, our office did not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a general office, dentrix is great. Unfortunately, Orthodontics is too complicated and there are too many small details that need to be met in order to take care of the patient. Patients also like that with Dolphin you can implement Televox which we also use.

We have currently switched over to Dolphin Management which is a way easier way to make an open orthodontic office run properly. We are having a way better outcome using dolphin, but our general office is still using dentrix because they find it easier for the general practitioner.

What Dental solution do you use?

Dentrix review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Dentrix software"

What do you like best?

I like this software because there are more ways than one to use and apply administrative information and patient care information including charts. I also use the graphs for productivity for staff and patients. The entire program is easy to use, has all that is needed for any aspects of dental practice and devices it per provider. Good to keep up with who is a high producer in an office.

What do you dislike?

You have to go into the bowels of the system to change anything and have to have several windows open to get a task done. Time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve but once you get how the program works, the program is easy and make administration life less stressfull

Easier ways to to a difficult task. It's not easy to incorporate a spreadsheet for several dentists within a period of time. I realized you can take Windows office and incorporate it into the dent rip system.

"Dentrix from rdh pov"

What do you like best?

I use dentrix in and out everyday as a dental hygienist. What i like beat about dentrix is the ease accesaebility to pts charts. The lay out of how the day looks like really helps me out to plan for a better productive day.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of minor details that would increase the fluidity user interface if they get fixed. 1. The medication list OFTEN lacks the certain med that the pt is takingnn that needs to ve updated regularly ro include a wider variety. You can add a medication but need an over ride of a Dr or a manager and during a busy day that can be hard. 2. If a medication is listed under other because its not available, itll say other instead of the name if the med when its listed in the note. 3. While writing notes the program does not let you access anything else like the med list or the perip chart with out exisitng the notes window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If making a switch in software, give enough time for employees to train.

I am not involved in that ascpect of dentrix.

Dentrix review by Ashley S.
Ashley S.

"Best Dental Software"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use from all aspects. Whether scheduling a patient or creating a treatment plan.

What do you dislike?

Lots of little components that cost extra. I wish it was better integrated to not have to pay for additional things

Recommendations to others considering the product

The updates throughout the years have only made it better try and never go more than 3-5 years after a new version cause support begins to not be as good

Treatment planning and connecting a patients insurance plan to get the best possible breakdown for presenting to them. This helps make it possible for patients to schedule prior to a pre with being done.

Dentrix review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Dentrix does the job, but nobody here is too impressed."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to link Dentrix to solutionreach, it definitley makes confirming appointments easier. This practice has a huge patient load so that is actually a big time saver. There are a lot of customization options to suit our practice- how we want our schedule to work, default appointment times linked to specific procedure codes, ways to generate reports, etc.

What do you dislike?

It looks like a program from the 90's. Okay, maybe not that bad, but it does look super outdated. It also runs really slow sometimes but maybe that's just our office computers or network. I've used Easy Dental and Practice Works before which were much more user friendly. I wish that Dentrix allowed you to run two windows of the software at once like some other programs do. That way I don't have to exit out of entering EOB's or patient information just to look back at the schedule or access basic appointment info.

This past Friday, our IT guy came into the office and remoted in Dentrix support to help set up the program on a new computer on our network. According to him, there was some sort of "error" message doing the install and this resulted in us loosing all of our date that had not been backed up. We do a back up every night, so we lost everything that was done in the system on the entire Friday. This office moves fast and those were a whole lot of rescheduled appointments, payments, and other pertinent information that was lost.

My job is more day to day operations than solving business problems, but I think that Dentrix just helps keep everything organized. I don't think it does any better job than any other popular dental practice software.

Dentrix review by Melissa K.
Melissa K.

"Review based on an office manager's perspective. "

What do you like best?

The appointment book is very user-friendly. Easy to get a lot of information on one page .

What do you dislike?

The communication in real time between the office should be more effective in the software.

It provides the dental office the tools to effectively communicate with the consumer.

Dentrix review by Nicole M.
Nicole M.

"Lots of shortcuts makes it fairly easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that our dexis software links right into Dentrix making it super easy to access the radiographs and photos

What do you dislike?

I don't like that most tools require a new Window to open. Other software I've used have tabs within the same window they use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend but beware of the issues that pop up when you update the software.

There are quick resources that help see unscheduled patients, overdue patients, etc. Also, it has a tool to breakdown insurance coverages.

Dentrix review by Priyanka S.
Priyanka S.

"A must have for clinicians"

What do you like best?

can write detailed notes in a few clicks

What do you dislike?

Icons need to be more easy to understand

We are trying to incorporate all aspects of dental care (x rays, appointments, patient educational videos) under one system. Drntrix has been useful along with Dexis

Dentrix review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Dental software Win"

What do you like best?

It is a great system to use for all your dental needs

What do you dislike?

I wish you could have three insurances in the family file

Keeps dental records and keeps our schedule

Dentrix review by Cheryl B.
Cheryl B.

"Great Dental Program"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, user friendly, and constant updates.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that there are a few too many options to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use this program due to to the ease of use and how easy it is to train others on the program.

I like the ease of their charts with comparability. I like how user friendly it is and that troubleshooting is very easy with this program.

Dentrix review by Angela R.
Angela R.

"Crash"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. Seems like a good system.

What do you dislike?

It crashes ALL the time! It doesn’t respond when I need it the most and is very embarrassing when I’m with the doctor and/or patient.

Our IT is always looking into ways to fix this problem. In fact she is looking into switching programs. She found one but it is quite new and has some bugs to work out yet.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like having the icon pallate for charting and treatment planning. Our office sometimes utilizes temp assistants and dentists and it makes it easy for them to just jump right in.

What do you dislike?

Working in a health center we have quality measures we have to research quarterly such as sealant and fluoride placement, there is not a way to randomize charts with all the parameters needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software that is easy to use if you do not need to run reports for quality measures. Scheduling and charting can me maintained all in one program.

As a dental assistant user this question is not applicable

Dentrix review by Chelsea L.
Chelsea L.

"Needs some work "

What do you like best?

I like that we can put templates in there depending on what type of practice you’re working in to help the charting process become easier

What do you dislike?

There’s not an easy way to access anything you got a quick 10,000 buttons just to get to a simple page and I can often be frustrating when you’re trying to get a patient out of the chair

None

Dentrix review by Lori M.
Lori M.

"Dentrix better than Eaglesoft"

What do you like best?

user friendly, good tutorials, support is accessible

What do you dislike?

takes a very long time to implement suggested updates/changes that would improve user flow

Recommendations to others considering the product

utilize the training offered although it is quite expensive after purchasing the software.

Stay on a monthly maintenance plan...this offers updates and support that will be needed.

reports track well to maintain insurance, npts, collections, ect....

Dentrix review by Chandra R.
Chandra R.

"New Dentrix user "

What do you like best?

My dental office recently switched from Eaglesoft to Dentrix. It took some getting use to but I really like its features! Great program

What do you dislike?

Can't think anything at this time, it's a great program

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time but you will get the hang of it

I really like the xray software and intra-oral camera

Dentrix review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Dentrix is a great program for dental.office."

What do you like best?

Dentrix is a great program, easy to adjust too. Easy to learn. I liked the flow of the program, from making appointments, rescheduling to taking payments. Entering insurances eas not a difficuly process. Entering insurance payments was easy and if there was an error, it was not difficult to correct. I really liked this program

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there was nothing I did not like about this program!!

Business benefits, is patients dont have to wait , checking out patients is not cplicated and you don't have to switch from screen to screen.

Dentrix review by Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

"Best Dental Software"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use, I never have to click around to find what I need.

What do you dislike?

The x-ray capture button seems to disappear every once in a while and I have to close the program out and open it again.

The program is easy for patients to see and understand the information.

"Dentrix Practice Review"

What do you like best?

Dentrix is easy to navigate and has multiple clear "tabs" that allow you to view various items in the patient's chart.

What do you dislike?

It is tough to chart abnormalities on the odontogram, such as supernumeraries, impacted teeth, and mesial/ distal drift as well as supra- or infra- occlusion.

We are able to view number of patients seen per day per provider as well as track unfinished notes and other products.

Dentrix review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the layout and design of the software which makes it very easy to find patients and input data.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that when transferring from the old dentrix to the new one it was unable to transfer the insurance information of each patient.

Some benefits I've realized to the mobility of the software.

Dentrix review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Dentrix"

What do you like best?

Dentrix is a easy system to use because when taking X-rays it guides you as you go.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that I dislike about the software is I found it difficult to retrieve X-rays if I accidentally took them on the wrong patient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Dentrix it’s vwry easy to use and safe for the patient.

Solving Business problems I would say it’s easy to send digital X-rays to other offices. The benefits I have realized is it’s a very easy system to use.

Dentrix review by Patricia  B.
Patricia B.

"I haven't had a problem with dentrix."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it makes it to look for patients and how easy it is to understand the ledger.

What do you dislike?

Nothing per say. Just wish out office was more technologically inclined, and would leave the paper intakes etc.. behind. So that we could use dentrix more.

We fix ledgers, intakes, billing, updating patient information, etc...

Dentrix review by Administrator

"Hands down, my favorite to use!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to engage in optimal scheduling and really getting my providers to meet and exceed their daily goals. The ease of sending insurance claims is absolutely priceless. I love the ability to go from treatment planning to scheduling in a few swift clicks. It's so super user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Currently, there is not one thing I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think, just switch. Such an amazing software to use!

My staff is exceeding expectations with this software, we are always on target!

Dentrix review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Dentrix - You need to wake up and update"

What do you like best?

The charting is easy to interpret and navigate. With the notes visible along with the tooth charts, it makes it easy to sneak a quick view during the treatments.

What do you dislike?

The way it is designed. It's a little too cramped. I have also not noticed that they haven't made any significant updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest you do some research and request couple of demo sessions before investing in this system. If it fits into exactly what you are looking for, it could be a good buy for you.

Tooth charting, Patient scheduling, treatment planning

Dentrix review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Used for 2 years at an FQHC it was the OS for in Southern Missouri"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, reasonable integration with meaningful use requirements, nice note template options and free note space

What do you dislike?

Some of the meaningful use compliance points need work, as I recall specifically the integration with medical (EMR).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The EMR integration (or lack there of) limited its usefulness as intended by the "meaningful use" mandates for FQHC facilities.

The primary benefit for us was the technical "meaningful use" compliance of this software for FQHCs. As a private practice, I'm not sure it is shares the simple virtues of Eaglesoft.

Dentrix review by Whitney T.
Whitney T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The program is user friendly. I had no problems quickly understanding how to input treatment.

What do you dislike?

If I were to change anything, I think the perio charting could be a little more user friendly

I'm unsure how to answer this bc as a hygienist, I only input the treatment

Dentrix review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Excellent Dental Software"

What do you like best?

The ease of the program. It is so easy to train new team members to use Dentrix. They have set up the system to look similar to what apps are like now so it is easy to find your way through. Plus the online help/training videos and step by step guides are amazing for team members to learn on.

What do you dislike?

they could bundle more options together so that it isn't as many fees

Tracking our best producers/procedures.

Dentrix review by Alesia C.
Alesia C.

"been using Dentrix for 16 years"

What do you like best?

the ability to get information several different ways

What do you dislike?

some reports are not user friendly and take too long to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

way easier to use and a lot more functions than Eagle soft.

adding digital xrays and being able to intergrate on screen with the patient, very easy

Dentrix review by Shaila J.
Shaila J.

"The most popular dental practice management software in North America "

What do you like best?

I would have to say the portability of the software is what I like most.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you have to pay for any customer service incident support.

Dentrix has helped the practice use chair time much more efficiently and keep better record of payments when used properly.

Dentrix review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"An okay software that needs more organization"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user friendly interface, the X-ray system. Patient info is easily accessible. Generating reports is great as well

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the fact that when you click on a claim, the corresponding procedures don’t get highlighted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware that the accounts screen won’t be as organized as you want it to be.

Solving claim discrepancies with the use of dental X-rays. Dentrix’s X-ray system is a huge benefit to getting claims paid

Dentrix review by User

"Fairly User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Fairly user friendly and easy to navigate, easy to find info in patient charts. I like the scheduling aspect and the accounting aspect

What do you dislike?

Time consuming, takes a lot of clicks to get to where I need to be or need to go. Definitely need time to learn it all

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you may find it a lot easier to use than your current product

It has made the transition to going paperless a little easier

Dentrix review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Dentrix User-Friendlyish"

What do you like best?

Straightforward requirements, guided forms, scheduling form is easy to navigate and fairly simple to complete

What do you dislike?

Too many ways to do one thing, inaccurate treatment costs if one doesn’t manually adjust them in treatment plan section. Automatic updates of fee schedules would be nice annually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the Get Started Overview if you’re a first-time user and ask questions if something isn’t clear

Dental practice success and scheduling efficiency. Used to create and store treatment plans.

Dentrix review by Laura J.
Laura J.

"Multi use programming"

What do you like best?

Utilizing the programming cam be difficult

What do you dislike?

Programming functions, error codes, cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a while to really utilize the full system

Proper utilizing functions provide better office flow, takes one office staff member out of function saving money on overhead

Dentrix review by Melia H.
Melia H.

"User friendñy"

What do you like best?

Great program for even the not technology inclined.

What do you dislike?

Multiple windows for different areas (charts, treatment planner, etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Fast- everyone in the office on the same page. Able to print off recall sheets to see who is due for exams.

Dentrix review by Abbey M.
Abbey M.

"Easy Learning with Dentrix"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to navigate through Dentrix on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

I’d like a button to help explain how to set up certain things more in depth.

This the most valuable patient information resource we have.

"Dentrix"

What do you like best?

The ease of scheduling. Easy to learn to use.

What do you dislike?

Confusing to flip through different “pages”

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get trained before just jumping in and using. It can be confusing.

Patient data. All electronic data and information is nice.

Dentrix review by Loi K.
Loi K.

"Office manager"

What do you like best?

The ease of each screen, able to move freely from 1 screen to the next without loosing work

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that can improve w/Dentirx

marketing, new patients

Dentrix review by Samantha  S.
Samantha S.

"Registered Dental Hygienist "

What do you like best?

-Hot buttons

-Treatment planning

-Dental chatting

-Perio charting

And more! Everything is easy to navigate through.

What do you dislike?

Wish I got trained better on it. Taught myself.

Use to paper chart. Dentrix is faster and easier.

Dentrix review by Renee K.
Renee K.

"Excellent program"

What do you like best?

Makes all aspects of dental work easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would create an algorithm with scheduling and production so we could keep to our daily goals easier.

easy treatment planning

"Dentrix User Review"

What do you like best?

There's not very much that I do like about this program compared to others like Eaglesoft. It is nice to have the daily note feature and that it's compatible with Dexis.

What do you dislike?

- There is not an option to color code procedures.

- Needs better shortcut features.

- Needs option to color code notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eaglesoft is better for organizational reasons and ease of navigation.

Quick, easy access to patient charts.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

All of the tools are easy to use and learning how to navigate is pretty self-explanatory.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a way to show on the schedule if notes are completed. I would love to see this option incorporated. As a practice with multiple assistants, this would make our day a little more productive.

Great scheduling and accessibility. The templates make completing the notes super easy.

Dentrix review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Dentrix review"

What do you like best?

I like the patient display screens, perio charting. The patients can understand my explanations of these screens easily.

What do you dislike?

There was minimal training when the office received the product. After seven years of using it I feel I am still learning how to use and that I am not using to its potential.

I have only dealt with patient care information and not the business end of it.

Dentrix review by Amy A.
Amy A.

"Dentrix"

What do you like best?

I like that the clinical notes are easy and the template make it quick. Treatment planning is easy also.

What do you dislike?

I have no problems or dislikes at this time

Dentrix review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Dentrix is a very effective yet simple software to use."

What do you like best?

I like how you can customize your own temples for charting and for notes. Accessing imaging into dexis is very simple.

What do you dislike?

I feel as if there are some glitches occasionally

You are solving timing with this software due to how simple yet fast you are able to do things

Dentrix review by User

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

Dentrix is very user friendly, and fairly easy to navigate. As someone who came from a sports medicine background, learning to use Dentrix was fairly simple.

What do you dislike?

The program seems to "refresh" often and freeze in all our operatories.

Ease of use for business and clinical staff.

"Dentrix"

What do you like best?

Many different ways to get to the information you need. Flexible use.

What do you dislike?

When removing treatment from schedule it does not recalculate the change in the numbers for the day

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out all companies to see what software is best for you

Unscheduled treatment

Dentrix review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Registered Dental Hygienist "

What do you like best?

Templates once created are easy to use and I use them often to write notes

What do you dislike?

Icons are to small and confusing

To much clicking around to get work done in dentix

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other software and compare depending on what its used for

Dentrix review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Basically Everything you’ll ever need!"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize certain things. Multitude of reports that can be run. Tracking features.

What do you dislike?

Inability to run specific detailed reports. Lacks feature to run audit trails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great practice software!

Scheduling, Insurance tracking, aging.

Dentrix review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"I've been working with Dentrix for 11 years.Nothing else can work better than this for dental office"

What do you like best?

I Love the new x-ray part "DEXIS" that they just added 2 years agoI believe. it is so much easier to work with.

What do you dislike?

There is no part of Dentrix that I don't like. It is amazing dental software.

none.

Dentrix review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Customization of the toolbars and templates

What do you dislike?

How slow the charts and other modules come up

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program for ease of use with digital xrays and lab slips.

All in one place/program dental office management.

"Better than Eaglesoft"

What do you like best?

I like that it’s user friendly and pretty easy to use

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that each button opens a new window instead of opening a tab within the current window

Scheduling patient appointments. Writing patient charts.

"great"

What do you like best?

Scheduling patients easily, The display is very aesthetic.

What do you dislike?

Maybe having a step by step pop up that tells you how to do thing and what to click on

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it:)

pt history, insurance

"awesome review "

What do you like best?

the scheduling system is awesome, I never had problems with it!

What do you dislike?

not much, I like the program a lot! Def will refer it to others.

I am not solving any business problems.

User in Medical Practice

"Dentrix is well organized and very user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly, easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike dentrix, it is actually my favorite System to use.

Less room for irritation.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

User friendly, easy scheduleing and patient charting.

What do you dislike?

Dentrix is user friendly, therefore I do not have anything negative to report.

N/A

Learning about Dentrix?

* We monitor all Dentrix reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.