Deputy

Deputy provides software for Easy Employee Scheduling, Time & Attendance and Communication.

Work for Deputy?

Learning about Deputy?

Deputy Reviews

Ask Deputy a Question
Showing 145 Deputy reviews
Deputy review by <span>Karen R.</span>
Karen R.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Deputy has saved me so much time its worth its weight in gold!

What do you like best?

The best bit for me is being able to see what's going on and make more informed decisions about the workload on my staff and who is available to cover shifts. Also loving the fact they can confirm their shifts saving me for searching messages and emails to remember which ones are agreed and which ones are pending.

What do you dislike?

So far not much but it would be great to be able to switch the day the shift is on as a drop down rather than just dragging of when it needs to move weeks. A button to tag you back to today would be great to when scheduling rather than having to click through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have lots of staff don't think twice about it - it allows me to get more of my own work done in the time it saves me! The notifications to staff reading shifts directly also help people to keep up to date with whats going on and make it easier for staff to manage their working hours on their phones!

Staff management we have 10 very part tie staff with very different availabilities due to other jobs, children, lifestyles and this allows me to manage them effectively.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Deputy
Deputy review by <span>Duarte G.</span>
Duarte G.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

All staff management tools in my pocket

What do you like best?

Deputy is 100 times better than some apps or software products out there. It has all that I need from managing staff to payroll. Roasters can be divided per section and you can skill coded, you have literally on your pocket the tools to manage you staff, from sending messages across the board, tasks to specific members of staff, viewing the clock in and out, amending them if you needed, approving time sheets on the go and so much on. As you all can see I’m converted to deputy!!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would suggest, is when a employee requests unavailability it should the reviewed and authorised by the manager, because it’s the same as a leave request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deputy is easy to use in both levels as an employer and as employee. Employers have all the tools they need to manage the workforce and the tools to manage payroll.

Employees can have access to their time sheets, roasters, leave requests, unavailability, approved Hollidays, and so much more.

TIME it saved me so much time!!

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Deputy review by <span>Natalie T.</span>
Natalie T.

Deputy

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly Deputy is. I have had no issues learning how to use it, and it is very intuitive. Both the web version and the mobile version are great. I am happy that it is easy to send messages to anyone/everyone using it. I also like that I can see everyone's schedule, switch shifts around, etc. This is very easy to use in comparison to other scheduling methods I've used in the past.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I would change about Deputy. It includes ways to communicate with everyone using it, sync to my calendar, and ease of use. I really enjoy using Deputy for scheduling.

Deputy is very useful for scheduling shifts. It is nice that employees can choose whichever shift they want through Deputy, while also seeing who is working during any other shift.

Deputy review by <span>Andrew S.</span>
Andrew S.

Using Deputy is invaluable

What do you like best?

Ease of use for us and our staff. We rely on it for scheduling shifts, for staff to sign on, communicate with each other, staff to offer shifts if they can't make a shift, validating time sheets and then exporting them directly into accounting software so wages can be actioned.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able hide some locations as we are in some locations for shorter periods than others. But then we return to them. At times this hasn't been easy for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate.

Staff sign on is extremely easy and reliable. Due to the sign in and Deputy being linked to Xero our time sheets are easy to complete. Staff know where they are for the week and can inform me immediately if they aren't available. Staff can communicate easily with me and each other and me with them.

Deputy review by <span>Peter N.</span>
Peter N.

Saves so much time!

What do you like best?

It compiles all schedules, time off, HR limitations, and auto schedules according to my needs. It saves a ton of time and headache and all my employees enjoy having an up to date schedule at their hands (as well as being able to swap shifts with the people Deputy recommends - Deputy takes into account all limitations and produces a list of viable people for swaps). Overall, it's just incredibly handy and once you get the swing of it, it's easy to use and can be flexible to fit your needs. The 24 hour web chat help line is also great!

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything that makes me dislike the product. It just simplifies so much!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trial period. Use the help they give. If you don't utilize the help and work hard at the start, you won't see what all it's capable of. If you leave all the setup and information input for the last week, you'll not really get to utilize the product and see how much it can help before the trial time runs out.

After we upgraded from 6 employees to 25 - I realized I could no longer schedule by hand. I've been able to save so much time by having the software auto schedule, and then tweak it. I am able to handle much more complex employee situations with scheduling and it's not a terrible headache or drain on me anymore.

Deputy review by <span>Chris K.</span>
Chris K.

Easy To Use, Integrated With Payroll Processors - Saves Time, period.

What do you like best?

I really like the permission settings, the user interface and the ability to have it on a tablet, mobile device and/or desktop. You can also restrict use on devices and by IP. Deputy has really changed timekeeping and management for our company, we run payroll and export time sheets within minutes. We hear stories of companies where an HR person or accountant spends a whole day reconciling time sheets and processing payroll.

What do you dislike?

There were features being rolled out without the users being aware of them. Over a year or so ago I reached out to the company and informed them they should have a newsletter or help interface to introduce the new features to the users so the features are utilized and known. As far as I recall, a feedback and information loop has been implemented and its a great way to know about new features and actually use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommend Deputy to other business owners, consultants and management professionals in my network.

We have streamlined timekeeping, approval of schedules, scheduling and payroll thanks to Deputy.

Learn more about Deputy

Deputy Videos

Deputy Downloads

Learning about Deputy?

* We monitor all Deputy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.