DERDACK Enterprise Alert

DERDACK Enterprise Alert

4.8

DERDACK Enterprise Alert® combines automated alert notification workflows, 24/7 duty scheduling, ad-hoc collaboration and anywhere IT troubleshooting – reducing unexpected IT downtimes at large enterprises and organizations by 60%.

Work for DERDACK Enterprise Alert?

Learning about DERDACK Enterprise Alert?

DERDACK Enterprise Alert Reviews

Ask DERDACK Enterprise Alert a Question
Showing 19 DERDACK Enterprise Alert reviews
DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Oliver C.
Oliver C.

"Derdack Enterprise Alert: Finally easy and reliable alerting instead of "fire and forget""

What do you like best?

I mostly like the easy way to integrate different tools for monitoring and IT service management into Enterprise Alert. I never before experienced faster times to be productive with a solution like EA.

The second thing I really enjoy is how fast my problems with the product have been solved by support and also how fast improvements find their way into the product.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the product is so easy to implement, integrate and maintain - I am working as an IT consultant and my customers don't need me that much as they did using other solutions for alerting....

The most benefit I get out of the mobile app for EA. This makes it possible to do troubleshooting or work on incidents from almost any place. This greatly reduces the time that my customers need to solve their incidents - especially during the shifts outside the normal business hours.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DERDACK Enterprise Alert
DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Roger S.
Roger S.

"Enterprise Alert enhances our On-Call Scheduling and Alert Management"

What do you like best?

Public visibility of on-call schedules for many teams. Team members can self manage on-call calendars and swap schedules without having to involve us, keeping the on-call page up to date. Integrates with Active Directory for easy import of user profiles (work phone, mobile phone, email address) and we are able to keep our alert data on-premise. Integrates with Exchange, Lync and our Avaya Voice system. Ability to track alerts and see if they were successfully delivered, auto-escalation to the backup person or team manager if an alert is not acknowledge within a time interval. Gives us the ability to centralize alerts and view alerts from multiple monitoring systems into one view.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any particular complaints other than issues that may arise from an update that removes a feature we utilized pre-update. We open a support call with the vendor and they are able to address the issue within a reasonable amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enterprise Alert gives you the ability to keep your data on-premise, single sign on, synchronization with Active Directory user profiles, can enhance your on-call process and create a foundation for better communication and quicker response times.

Teams use to manage on-call schedules locally and were not publically known. A tool that we used prior to Enterprise Alert was very error prone for editing schedules and required an admin to update. We benefit from auto-escalation to ensure an alert is addressed asap, and have the ability to Voice Call a user in the middle of the night when emails or text messages can easily be missed while sleeping.

What IT Alerting solution do you use?

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Enterprise Alert - Alert Management Simplified"

What do you like best?

Enterprise Alert makes it really easy to manage on-call teams and alerts. We purchased this product because SCOM didn't provide the functionality we needed. Now, on-call management for teams is simple and straightforward, and more importantly, automatic (no need for users to go in and change who's on-call or forward the team on-call number to someone else). Once other teams found out about Enterprise Alert, they wanted to use it too!

I agree with Keith R., vendor support is excellent. They also listen to feature requests and try to understand your needs to make the product top notch. Many of the features I've requested have been included in releases and the product continues to get better every year (it's very solid now though).

What do you dislike?

We've been using this product for several years now. Most, if not all, of my "big" complaints have been resolved as new features. Some things that would be nice to see would be a little more control over permissions and features in the mobile app that actually allowed you to manage your on-call schedule. One other nice to have would be a way to backup/restore the on-call schedule for a team (or an "undo" button), because sometimes users accidentally change on-call schedules and don't know/remember how to fix them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at several different solutions to better manage alerts with SCOM and this one was by far the best when it came to out-of-the-box support for SCOM and customization of alerts. I highly recommend Enterprise Alert.

We solved a manual, error prone on-call scheduling issue and also now have much finer control over the alerts that are generated from SCOM. We can now also track alerts and who acknowledged them and how long it took for them to respond (or not respond). SCOM can't even come close in it's ability to provide fine grained alert tuning, it's so much easier to manage in Enterprise Alert. Users of Enterprise Alert are much happier about on-call management (you really don't have to do much once it's configured), and we have much faster acknowledgement times due to having multiple channels to be able to acknowledge alerts (i.e. SMS, Voice, Email, Mobile App, etc.).

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Perry d.
Perry d.

"Derdack Enterprise Alert as primary alerting system"

What do you like best?

The fact that Derdack keeps on chasing the 24/7 support engineer when he doesn't directly answer makes us never break the SLA of our support contracts. Besides this, the possibility to connect to SCSM, SCOM and OMS gives us everything we need.

What do you dislike?

The on-call calender can be a little bit unclear at first. Adding a replacement or a stand-in is possible, but I would love to see this getting easier to understand for my colleagues as wel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Derdack gives as all we need concerning alerting and automating solutions. We fully rely on it for our 24/7 support.

We needed a way to provide reliable 24/7 support for our customers. Using SCOM, OMS and Derdack gives customers the possibility to create P1 incidents that actually trigger Derdack. Besides this, Derdack also gets triggered by SCOM incidents, which gives us true incident monitoring 24/7.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by David Y.
David Y.

"A great business partner that understands the complexities of alert notification "

What do you like best?

They are continually improving and taking feedback from customers. In this arena of notifications there are so many possibilities with today,s mobile connected world and Derdack is there helping you implementing these technologies to insure your end users are getting the notification when and how they want.

What do you dislike?

Only wished they were around sooner than using legacy systems like Telalert or Xmatters. p

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a robust flexible system for alerting and escalation notification this is the product for you.

We are using EA as a platform to proactively notify our clients at critical times for business and system alerts. We system enable to informed of possible issues in the infrastructure and critical incident tickets in ServiceNow.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Jean M.
Jean M.

"Enterprise Alert - Advanced, Powerful, Reliable, Easy to use"

What do you like best?

We have been a loyal customer since 2012 and absolutely love the capabilities, ease of integration, reliability, design, ease of use and stability of Enterprise Alert. It is so refreshing working with such an amazing team of experts and enjoy such world class professionalism.

What do you dislike?

My ex wife :) since I have no complaints or dislikes towards the product or the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to be amazed

With EA we are constantly up to date and informed of any issues within our environment and use EA as a MSP enabler to offer to our customers externally and internally.

In such our response to incidents are much faster and we can report on measurements against our SLAs.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Keith R.
Keith R.

"Enterprise Alert - a solid tool in the toolbox"

What do you like best?

Enterprise Alert delivers the right information to the right people, in the most convenient and effective way. It has become a foundational part of our services toolkit, handling dispatch, escalation and tracking of alert notifications and responses. It's ability to use multiple alert sources and messaging channels, including mobile, align it with our architecture and positions it as a key member of our internal collaboration capabilities. The tool is used both inside and outside of IT.

Vendor support is very good, with them very responsive to both discovered issues and potential product enhancements.

What do you dislike?

Because it is comprehensive, the product is complex, particularly in its policy design, and sometimes the nuances of configuration just have to be experienced. Documentation and FAQs should continue to evolve.

It would be useful if more configuration options were available to fully disable some components which we are not using.

We have increased the speed and effectiveness of incident callouts to information workers, field services engineers and staff in various departments. With its mobile support, Enterprise Alert supports "anywhere delivery" of critical information.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Administrator

"Simple and reliable incident notification"

What do you like best?

The simple calendar view to swap a shift or just fill in a stand in for a couple of hours. The large amount of notifications options; Mobile App / phone call / E-Mail / SMS / .. with that the possibility to setup the order of the notifications. First an Push message and when that doesn’t get acknowledge a phone call etc.

What do you dislike?

That Derdack sometimes wakes me up in the middle of the night

The biggest benefit is the mobile App and running automated tasks from there. This saves me a huge amount of the time not having to logon to my machine, or even bringing my machine with me during non-working hours.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Christine H.
Christine H.

"A definite must to keep your systems running smoothly."

What do you like best?

It does continuous monitor of the call systems so our IT can be alerted if anything goes wonky.

What do you dislike?

I've seen nothing to dislike. This solves all sorts of problems that most companies don't think they need to address until its too late.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This monitors your system and sends alert notifications by voice, text, push, email and IM. You are literally never out of touch with this.

This gives you a heads up before you systems have crashed and you have a que full of angry customers to deal with on top of a down system. This way, your IT is already on the job doing work before it were to even crash.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Nico D.
Nico D.

"Enterprise Alerts fits in all verticals"

What do you like best?

That we can implement it in different verticals and are not limited to IT. We installed Enterprise Alert in the financial sector, government organizations, hospitality,..and for different kind of applications.

What do you dislike?

It's very easy to install and maintain, which makes the number of hours customers are ordering limited.

I centralized the communications of different kind of alerts, technical, fire and IT for several customers in hospitality. For a very big international organization based in Brussels Enterprise Alert is THE call-out solution. They now can inform with one click in a very shourt notice a lot of people and also have immediate feedback if the destination accepted the message.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Janssen J.
Janssen J.

"Enterprise Alert is a great alerting system, and the missing link for SCOM deployments"

What do you like best?

Many things: I love the detailed logging, the ease of installation, the ease of upgrades, and the responsiveness of the support team, to name a few.

What do you dislike?

There's still not a great multi-tenant story, but hopefully that's coming in the near future.

We initially purchased the product to fill the gap from SCOM not having native support for phone/text/push notification/etc, but now use it for all paging of sysadmins, as well.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Administrator

"Let resources make sure they get contacted"

What do you like best?

EA allows users to set the way they want to be notified; no more update requests. Also allows centralized OnCall calendar for every OnCall resources and its publication to every interested managers.

What do you dislike?

Multi-team calendar management feature would require some love ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must have ;(

We can make sure that our OnCall calendar is fully filled with dedicated resources. We can sleep on both ears up until an alert awakes one ;)

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Great Notification System"

What do you like best?

I like how the program is organized, efficient, and alerts me and the employees.

What do you dislike?

I think it has a lot of features it can be overwhelming. I have not tried all the options yet.

We are currently trying the program to keep trak of our computers, laptops, iPads, technology, and the troubleshooting the IT/Computer specialist at our school completes.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Roland P.
Roland P.

"great notification tool"

What do you like best?

a very good looking and easy to use interface that covers the important features a notification tool needs

What do you dislike?

there is always room for improvement on the little things

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy setup, simple to use, nice app

centralized notifications on different channels that makes sure the business critical problems get alerted and fixed much faster and more reliable

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Administrator

"Easy to use and alot of options"

What do you like best?

- The interface is easier to use than most of the competitors

- Alot of possibilities with the schedules

- There are alot of usefull sources (SCOM, HPOM)

- Mobile app for easy and fast insights in the alerts

What do you dislike?

- It looks a bit outdated.

- We tried to get an other voice to work but it's not possible for our language.

One channel for our important alerts so the right people get alerted.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Enterprise alert review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy the application is I can follow the program and don’t feel like it’s to complicated to use or explain to other coworkers how to use it

What do you dislike?

I feel like sometimes depending on my connected source the program can run faster or slower just want is all to run smoothly

Most business problems are solved with the communication aspect of enterprise alert. Makes my everyday tasks easier

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Defense & Space
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Defense & Space

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I like the how simple of a product this. It’s very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike as of yet.

The alerts are helping keep our services up and running on a 24/7 basis. The benefits are uninterrupted services.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"The best alert system out there"

What do you like best?

Enterprise alert has always managed to come in handy precisely when I need it to.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to use or takes a long time to load.

This is helping with reminders and alerts of important events.

DERDACK Enterprise Alert review by User

"Great to use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease and organization it provides.

What do you dislike?

Some items can be glitchy but when refreshing it works fine.

We are solving communication and organization.

Learn more about DERDACK Enterprise Alert

DERDACK Enterprise Alert Videos

Learning about DERDACK Enterprise Alert?

* We monitor all DERDACK Enterprise Alert reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.