Destiny Library Manager

Destiny Library Manager is an interactive solution that allows librarians and staff to keep real-time track of inventory and media assets and allows students digital means of discovery and reading.

Work for Destiny Library Manager?
Apollo ils  logo  2x

Learning about Destiny Library Manager?

Destiny Library Manager Reviews

Showing 17 Destiny Library Manager reviews
Destiny Library Manager review by <span>Jack R.</span>
Jack R.

Destiny Library Manager Provides a Good Solution for Schools

What do you like best?

As the access and management is web-based, it is easy to maintain and provide access to students and faculty. Mobile app makes it convenient for our students to access resources on their iPads.

What do you dislike?

The server application requires a bit of a tedious process to update. Importing user accounts requires an application to convert data from a CSV. It would be better if the server could handle that during the upload rather than a separate application. There should be more fields for student data. Library Media Specialist would like to be able to contact parents, but limited field options make it difficult to import all parent emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all the cost, as many modules have additional fees associated with their user. Also consider the tedious data import process for importing students each year.

Destiny provides a comprehensive solution to managing all aspects of a modern library, including digital resources, textbook and asset management, as well as a full complement of functions to run the daily library tasks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Destiny Library Manager
Destiny Library Manager review by <span>Terica B.</span>
Terica B.

Good but could be better

What do you like best?

Friendly customer service agents make it easy to get assistance. I never have to wait on hold and I have always gotten an answer. It is an easy to use system that offers many features for both our students, teachers and library managers. We love that our students can use the school id to quickly check in/out books and resources.

What do you dislike?

Although the implementation was pretty painless, when I started to use more features, it was difficult understanding the online help documentation. I feel there not quite complete and need more screenshots. My tech department is having a hard time understanding how to integrate with google to keep our students updated in the system so I have been doing manual updates with imports, but that is a lengthy process with several steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your librarians fully involved in setup and get training. Implement in early spring.

This system offers many more features for our students and teachers that we did not have before. Having online access that students can quickly see if books are available is wonderful. We are not incorporating ebooks as well. We love sending email overdue notices to our students and their parents.

What Library Management solution do you use?

Destiny Library Manager review by <span>Katy S.</span>
Katy S.

Destiny is a great Library Management System

What do you like best?

I like the fact that my students can search for books on their own. They can search for books that are similar to ones they have read, and make checkout and hold requests from their computers.

What do you dislike?

There is actually not much I dislike about Destiny. I have a few audiobooks for my students to check out from Destiny Discover. There are a too many steps they must take to get back to the audiobooks once they have logged out of Destiny. It would be nice if they did not have to go all the way back in to Destiny Discover to access them.

It manages my entire catalog. All of the books I have purchased are accounted for.

Destiny Library Manager review by <span>Twila C.</span>
Twila C.

Destiny for your library

What do you like best?

Destiny is very user friendly! Users are able to search for books using keywords, titles, authors. Users can serach other library catalogs that are affiliated. Users can see if a book is available, when it will be availablem where in the library it is located, how many copies are in the library. It offers suggestions for other books the user may enjoy.

What do you dislike?

Destiny, is like any other software, only as accurate as the administrator. It is very easy to miss checking in a book so users may not know it is available. I don't like that when you want to reserve a book, you have to know the trick of "this" copy or any copy. This sometimes causes a dely in checking out materials

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product. Easy to use.

Solves the problem of relying on a paper system or individual database. I enjoy that I can see, from anywhere I can use the internet, if a book is available. I also like that it suggests alternatives.

Destiny Library Manager review by Administrator

Managing your library collection and circulation made easy.

What do you like best?

While not the most intuitive interface on the backside, end users report an easy experience finding items within the collection. My favorite features (besides report generation) is the ability to tie in digital resources (ebooks, digital audiobooks) and online resources.

What do you dislike?

There is definitely a learning curve to set up, including set up of new features. Online instructions are not always correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tech support is exemplary. Be sure to take advantage of that and the many software updates. Both make a real difference. Online guides are often not helpful; directions do not always reflect what is actually on your screen, and I'm very good at following step-by-step instructions.

Streamlining student research experience: searching for a book leads to discovering a database or website. Ease of use = increased use. Inventory control has been very easy to implement and maintain with this system.

Destiny Library Manager review by <span>Craig B.</span>
Craig B.

Functional Library Automation System

What do you like best?

We've been Destiny customers since 2010 and we've had very few problems. The system is reliable and has great uptime. Our teacher librarians are very comfortable working with it as well. I really appreciate the fact that I don't have to maintain or manage local hardware/software.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was stronger integration of ebooks and other digital media. This is not entirely a problem with Destiny. But, it would be great if they had better relationships with digital content providers so the end user experience was more streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work closely with librarians to ensure a smooth implementation.

Library automation and digital content repository.

Learning about Destiny Library Manager?

* We monitor all Destiny Library Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.