Destiny Resource Manager

Destiny Resource Manager provides advanced inventory tracking so that you can keep track of where and how your school's assets are being utilized. A centralized resource management system is essential for school districts interested in saving time, and money.

Work for Destiny Resource Manager?

Learning about Destiny Resource Manager?

Destiny Resource Manager Reviews

Ask Destiny Resource Manager a Question
Showing 6 Destiny Resource Manager reviews
Destiny Resource Manager review by Fanny Z.
Fanny Z.

"Makes book ordering for the library easy as 123"

What do you like best?

I love love LOVE how easily I can make a book order of over 1,000 books and that my lists from past years save! Each school I had to order new books for the library. Once in the Fall and another in the Spring. I was able to title my lists by school year as well. Once I had enough lists generated over the school years I noticed that there were color coded tags warning me whether I had the same title already saved in my current list or previous list. It also made it simple for me to reorder the same book titles. I also discovered many authors through Follet Titlewave while creating my list of books for my order that school year.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't too much I disliked about Follet. If there is something that they could improve on would be the way we seek help through the website. Perhaps having a live agent available would be great. some of those book lists literally take days to generate and our directors aren't always available to help. So if we could already have any restrictions available based on our grade levels or even campus policies that'd be amazing. I accidentally order a book that was not accepted by our district and a students parent complained. So a warning or alert on the website would be great because the reading level was considered for MG (Middle Grades) but not all students are ready for certain content in those grades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend being very organized when it comes to creating different lists on your account. Specially if you have to share the same account for your campus with different teacher and administrators. You can always edit the lists but it would make your life much simpler if you have a clean neat start. Be careful when filtering as well. FolletBound is almost always the same as Hardcover but the pricing is less. There are so many filters that you sometimes lose the chance of saving a couple of bucks when you make small mistakes such as that one.

Book ordering for Libraries district wide and orders for textbooks as well. Most of the titles can easily be reserved if they aren't out and you can submit and forget then remember only once your order arrives. Having that as an option when purchasing is amazing. Reordering is simple as well because you can generate a new list of books by copying an older one. Making my work faster by splitting the time in half.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Destiny Resource Manager
Destiny Resource Manager review by Sheri D.
Sheri D.

"Destiny for elementary teacher librarians"

What do you like best?

Destiny is great, it is user friendly, what isn't obvious is intuitive which makes me want to use it. Time is short and having a powerful tool which is easy to navigate and use I helps me to be more effective and impactful in my job.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I love this tool it makes my job easier, giving me more time with my students and teachers

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tutorials and help features are good use them

It helps me analyze my collection to help my purchasing decisions be timely, informative and meet district standards

What School Resource Management solution do you use?

Destiny Resource Manager review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Destiny Catalog from a Technology Teacher"

What do you like best?

I loved how easy the Destiny program was to learn. I'm a Technology teacher, so I didn't use the program every day, but the daily functions such as checking out books were very easy for me to learn to help the librarians when they were swamped or out of the building.

What do you dislike?

When it's time for inventory, there are often freezes. I'm not sure if it's due to the program, or the wireless scanner, or even the computer system/network, but it's VERY frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Destiny system is great for cataloging and organizing large libraries. I'm not sure if there really is a "Perfect" system when dealing with that many books, but Destiny is a better resource than many.

It's so easy to keep track of books, locations, checkout and search resources for teachers.

Destiny Resource Manager review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Desitny Review"

What do you like best?

Since Destiny was implemented several years ago in our district, the daily management of our text/digital resources has increased to excellent levels. With limited budgets a reality in our district as it is in most, it became vital to increase site level accountability over these resources. This product does an excellent job of not only tracking where these resources are, but also allows for greater identification and sharing of these resources throughout the district.

What do you dislike?

One of the big drawbacks in my organization is the lack of full scanning functionality across ALL mobile devices. Currently they only support iPhone models (3GS/4/4S) and iPad3 or higher. Scanning is not supported on Android devices or other Apple devices. Given the ubiquitous nature of smart devices and the distributed structure of resource management needs supported by this type of software, it seems obvious that this would need to be addressed for full saturation through an organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization requires a solid tool that provides easy management of resources then I would say this is a really good option. The amount of resource loss alone makes this type of tool incredibly important.

We use the product for a variety of purposes, however, the management and circulation of books is probably the largest feature used on a daily basis. Destiny provides easy tracking and management of resources being checked in and out and increased the efficiency of communicating to students and parents anytime

Destiny Resource Manager review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Fabulous resources for keeping track of school and library resources"

What do you like best?

The search feature is easy to use and i can email requests directly to a librarian.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't very attractive and sometimes is like more information about a resource.

I can aces my schools resource list from home queen lesson planning and i can create my list of needs and share it with the librarian so she can pull them for me. I don't have to wait until im at school to go searching for things.

Destiny Resource Manager review by User

"Does what we need"

What do you like best?

Easy enough to use and works well with our bar code scanners

What do you dislike?

user interface is not intuitive or welcoming

We use this products to keep track of various things in our district from books to computers. It works well with the different devices we have to input information and helps us keep track of our resources.

Learning about Destiny Resource Manager?

* We monitor all Destiny Resource Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.