Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager

Remote Desktop Manager lets you centralize all your remote connections and passwords into a unique platform.

Work for Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager?

Learning about Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager?

Compare Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager to Similar Solutions

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager Reviews

Ask Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager a Question
Showing 42 Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager reviews
Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Mauricio A.
Mauricio A.

"One of the best solution for IT departments on RDP management, all in one solution. "

What do you like best?

-Easy to use for everyone, allowing users to create his own servers or desktops list (with user, password, port, local resources). For me one of the best option it’s on click to access as Admin Mode on RDP connections, none IT users need to execute “mstsc /admin” command to successfully join some servers.

-App it’s compatible with almost any platform (iOS, Android, windows, etc).

-Allows multiple protocols or solution on the same interface (RDP, SSH, Telnet, VMware and XenServer Console).

-His look and feel it’s perfect for none technical users, they have the same idea as Microsoft Office 2010. This make it easier to adapt to new users.

What do you dislike?

-Less technical users lost a lot of features because they are not described in the User Manual, they need to improve to get more users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

-Every IT department must try with the free version and do some test with the enterprise version, I’m sure after that you will be happy as a kid. It solves a lot of issues for daily management.

-Sharing resources with co-workers and teammates, it’s annoying to share this information via chat, email without a shared database and keep all credentials updated.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager
Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Nick H.
Nick H.

"In my opinion, it's a great way to manage and store your RDP connections"

What do you like best?

Our office is undecided on which RDP manager is best. I personally prefer Devolutions Remote Desktop Connection Manager, but others here prefer Microsofts own Remote Desktop Connection Manager 2.7. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

What I like is the Microsoft Office 2010 feel of Devolutions Remote Desktop Connection Manager. Everything is grouped up nice and orderly.

You are also able to add much more in the way of connections into the application. TeamViewer Connections can also be added to and easily connected to.

In my opinion, it just has a much better user experience over its competitors, even if they offer very similar features.

What do you dislike?

There are a few aspects that I have had an issue with. When I had to reinstall the application when I refreshed my laptop, I took a backup of my connections. When I then reimported everything, all the of passwords that I had stored on the local computer were gone. I would recommend storing the password in the database if your Data Protection Policy will allow it.

Also, by default, easy RDP you add does not allow you access the clipboard from your local computer. You need to enable this on each connection by right-clicking on the connection and heading to Properties>Local Resources>Clipboard. It would be nice if this was a default setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give the free version of Remote Desktop Manager a try. It is easy to migrate over from other RDP Connection managers via its import function and the paid edition allows you to import from CSV.

Great application with a nice user interface.

The main benefit is that it is able to store all of your RDP session in one, easy to access location. It also allows you to have a shared database of connections of which any of my colleagues who use the same application can access.

It is not entirely different from its competition, but has a much better user experience.

What Remote Desktop solution do you use?

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Marc-Olivier T.
Marc-Olivier T.

"Best RDP Manger !!"

What do you like best?

Organize your RDP sessions

Enter your password once and apply it via inheritance on multiple RDP sessions (either shared or personal passwords)

Share RDP sessions with colleagues (stop duplicating configuration)

What do you dislike?

UI is hard to customize

So much features that are spreaded everywhere makes it difficult to leverage most of them

A lot of UI elements seem out of place and are not really user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is well suited if you need to share multiple RDP sessions or if you need to use the same credentials on multiple RDP sessions.

It is lesss suited if you have few server admins, few RDP sessions or multiple RDP sessions using all the same set of credentials.

My team loses a lot less time duplicating RDP sessions

My team loses a lot less time when changing their password (every 90 days)

Folder organization and inheritance makes everything way more efficient

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Peter N.
Peter N.

"RDM is simply the best software of it's kind !"

What do you like best?

+ , RDM has good credential management tools (Password Vault Manager), that makes saving critical information in local/cloud database easier and safer.

+ RDM remote tasks / services / shared folder options makes the job smoother and faster.

+ RDM is a multi platform management tool: Linux , windows or android/IOS

+ Good customization of each host with unique setting/folders/icons/titles/notes.

+ VERY STRONG passwords generator for each server

+ ( check is online / port scan ) feature , with 300+ PC in hand it's very helpful to check online computers

What do you dislike?

a little bit slow and take a lot of computer resources

* The main frustration is the absence of a platform that we can save and manage login credentials on it ! we've been using a simple csv file that contains all the information.

* (Lack of Speed) dealing with huge amount of tasks and server's daily management using the Simple windows RDP tool or putty for Linux

* We had to split windows server hosts in a side , and Linux based servers in the other : leaving it to "putty" , which took more work, more time, and more hands

+ RDM has good credential management tools (Password Vault Manager)

+ increase in productivity , less hands needed , and a huge amount of time saved ,

As a result more income generation , Our work is guaranteed to the complete satisfaction of the client .

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Thomas H.
Thomas H.

"RDM is the best connection manager utility available"

What do you like best?

I have tried many different connection managers, but most fail in some way. Most notably is most do not support multiple connection protocols. While each tool may be great, I hate having to use one tool to connect to one server, another for another server, and yet others for other servers or services. RDM consolidates these protocols into a single interface for a consistent user experience while allowing connecting to Windows Servers via RDP, Linux servers using SSH, VMware Hosts, SQL Server Databases, and many more. In addition, if you need to VPN in first, that can be configured as part of the connection so it is literally just a doubleclick away from working. Finally, it does an awesome job as a password keeper so you can follow Password Best Practices without a Notebook or worse. Like your current KeePass, LastPass, or other password manager? Guess what - full transparent integration. No need to migrate passwords or otherwise work without that functionality. Just configure, connect, done.

What do you dislike?

It is really hard to find anything I don't like. Probably the biggest dislike is that the support for multiple datasources, while great, can not be combined into a virtual interface showing different connections from different datasources at the same time. However, there are good reasons to not allow this too, so I don't know if dislike is really an appropriate description. I certainly would not like a security breech because of that aggregation, but it would make it far more convenient if it can be done safely and securely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider RDM Server in addition to RDM. While RDM provides most of the fundamental functionality, RDM Server provides additional layers of security and flexibility as a primary data source. Chief among them are the ability to share passwords without exposing and potentially compromising the actual password.

I am able to connect to over 400 servers of mixed Linux/Windows in several different environments, including AWS, Azure, Local, Remote owned, and customer servers. All with different passwords, credentials, connection types, connection capabilities, and requirements. I don't have a clue what any one password is, nor do I care. It connects via whatever chain of events must occur, supplies the appropriate password(s), and displays the screen when it is done. Simple. When I do have to change passwords to fit requirements, I change it in one place, and it auto-updates every connection as appropriate. Simple - Done.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Ben L.
Ben L.

"The best tool for all your remove connectivity needs!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use one tool to manage all my remote connections, be it via SSH, RDP, FTP, VNC, Chrome Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, etc... The integrated Credential Repository makes is super easy to keep all my ID/PWs in one place and assign them to folders, individual connections, etc.

What do you dislike?

THe only thing I can think of is that the free version is very limited in functionality. I started with the free version and after 2-3 years switched to the Enterprise version and have been VERY happy ever since. I can't go back now,

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product. The company is very open to feature requests and is constantly looking to add new features and improve the product.

It's a huge time saver to use only one tool to manage my environments! I'm able to quickly go to the seach bar, start typing the server I need to connect to, and if I don't find it, I can easily duplicate an existing one with the same requirements...

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Sam O.
Sam O.

"Nice and easy to keep your remote connections together"

What do you like best?

I like that I can keep all of my remote connections in one place and that I can pre-configure them with my credentials. I simply have to double click on the connection to open the session and away I go.

What do you dislike?

I am currently using the free version with the vision of upgrading soon. I don't like the limitations such as not being able to log out from the right click context menu, but again this is only a limitation of the free version. Once I am on the paid version I am sure these small issues will not be there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial the free version and see what features it has compared to what you need. It is $150 per user so it is reasonably pricey but it seems as though it is only a once off payment. If you think that it will be beneficial and you will get your money's worth then buying the enterprise version could be a good option. The trial is great and it has above average features considering it is free. Take regular backups of your config so you can either restore after a rebuild or so you can share with colleagues. I haven't used the cloud storage as my company won't allow it but that seems to be another nice feature.

I can get onto my remote connections such as servers, VNCs, remote apps etc so quickly that it speeds up my support time and increasing my efficiency. When someone needs something from me I am already on the server as they are still explaining the issue.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"What's better than a great product, one that keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

With each iteration of the software they are adding more and more features and expanding into new services and systems. I run this beautiful beast on my android tablet and my PC. Use it for home and work. I'm hoping to keep using it for years to come.

What do you dislike?

Not much of anything. More than enough options built into it. I would like to see some basic database viewing directly in the application rather than having it launch SSMS, Workbench, or another viewer. And... maybe having the embedded Firefox browser allow some extensions/addons to work in it. I would really love to see things like LastPass in the browser as well as iMacros.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will likely feel like an idiot that you didn't try it before.

Just about everyday I discover something new or figure out a new way to do an old trick. It's damned impressive and it keeps getting better each version.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Prudence P.
Prudence P.

"Remote Desktop Manager"

What do you like best?

Remote Desktop Manager makes it easy to connect to my locations computers to help them with problems. You quickly download the software to your system and the other parties computer to establish the link. You simply click on the software to open the program and then have the other party open the program and select your computer to initiate the connection. Once you are done you simply click on the box to close the program. There is no lag when connecting to the other parties computer. I also like that the other party's screen is large when it comes into view, other remote programs shrink the screen size.

What do you dislike?

I often have to reinstall the program. I think it may have to do with updates happening automatically. I can not find any customer service to help with the problems in this program. I sometimes have problems disconnecting. Usually I can disconnect through task manager but again I can't find a support line to help with these type of problems. There is no voice with this program. You have to call the other party and speak on the phone if you need to have them with you while logged onto their system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software even though finding support is difficult. I've tried other remote software and this one is the best for my purposes.

It is essential to connect to my location computers at month end to close their books and transfer over files. I can easily do this by using Remote Desktop Manager.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Ingmar K.
Ingmar K.

"Good product but few relevant improvements over the years"

What do you like best?

The obvious benefit is the ability to manage remote hosts, be it over RDP, SSH or HTTP, from a single console. Multiple users can a share a central database, which makes managing the configuration easy. It also supports a lot of different connection types, including RDP, SSH, HTTP and many more.

What do you dislike?

There are a few little gotchas that we've reported to them but that were never resolved. First, the application never remembers its previous window size. Second, the app often hangs after you log off from a remote host, and you have to terminate the process.

It makes managing remote hosts very easy and works well enough when used in a team context.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Charles S.
Charles S.

"Remote Desktop Manager"

What do you like best?

Remote Desktop Manager has all the features to make the life of a System Administrator like me much easier! Having all my RDP connections stored in one great place is fantastic. Price is very cheap for all the bells and whistles it has. Supports a wide variety of systems.

What do you dislike?

I can't say anything negative about this tool. It simply is the best in it's category. It also goes on sale multiple times during the year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is in need of a remote desktop manager software, there simply isn't one better on the market. Definitely worth buying!

This program saves us a lot of time and enables us to provide fast and quality support to our clients. Not having to locate the hostname of the servers and type our AD credentials every time is a huge time saver! The interface is clear and easy to use.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Edwin E.
Edwin E.

"Devolutions' RDM - Best RDM solution"

What do you like best?

After having used products ranging from VNC, Dameware and even Bomghar i have come to discover Devolutions' RDM a while ago. One of my favorites is the way access can be granted and or restricted to / from users. With past products ( Bomghar not included ) i have not seen any other product for a reasonable price with that much features in it. Use it a few weeks and when you think you know it all you will still discover new features every day.

What do you dislike?

To me there is nothing to dislike about RDM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. I'm sure you'll like it

My current employer has sites all over the world and from thos we manage a few ( the Netherlands, France and Luxemburg ; With RDM it's fast and easy to take over a remote machine and the response lag is far less then with the other products i have used.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Chad M.
Chad M.

"Excellent Software That I Use Every Day"

What do you like best?

The tabbed interface for all of your remote desktop session types is wonderful. It helps keep everything nice and organized.

Being able to open up groups of sessions at once is also extremely helpful when you're trying to perform a single action on multiple servers (and it's not worth the effort to script it).

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about Remote Desktop Manager. Occasionally, it crashes, but that's probably my only complaint. Overall it's very stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a shot. You'll like it.

Being able to quickly and easily remotely connect to servers saves me tons of time and energy, and having everything stored in an encrypted way allows me to feel secure whilst doing so.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Nikitas S.
Nikitas S.

"Remote Desktop Manager is a great program"

What do you like best?

RDM is a great tool, very user friendly with many many useful features.

Has great depth. Easy to start using it and it feels its even more powerful the more you use it and learn from it. Great User Interface, very well structured and pretty much the best remote desktop program I have ever used.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about RDM is that sometimes it takes a while to load but it does not affect its use after it is done loading. Pretty fast program , but I would like for it to load a bit faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using some other Remote desktop tools like RDM but I feel that RDM is the most completed one in terms of having everything in one place. There is a free trial Enterprise edition for 30 days so you can try it out completely free and see if it fills you or your company aswell.

Our company used RDM for remote server support.

The thing that saved a lot of time for me was the fact that it even includes a password manager so you do not have to use other programs for storing customers' passwords.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Administrator

"Indispensable software with a few performance issues"

What do you like best?

Being able to manage multiple servers/admin consoles in one tabbed pane of glass is a godsend. This is the first application I open when I restart my desktop, and unless the RAM usage gets out of control it's the last application I close before shutting down. Integration with LastPass, and having the whole team connected to the same connections database makes it indispensable.

What do you dislike?

Tends to suck up RAM and can be a bit laggy when opening sessions or creating new/modifying existing ones. No lag when interacting with the server or website, thankfully. It also can be tricky with some web-based apps.

Managing multiple servers via RDP and multiple admin consoles using embedded IE or Chrome tabs (whichever one works better for that site)

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Administrator

"Superior remote management application for IT professionals"

What do you like best?

The best feature of the application is the ability to connect to remote systems using almost any known remote connection type - SSH, RDP, Web, Bomgar, FTP, etc.

We have connections stored in SQL database which is shared by all employees, this allows us to maintain a common set of systems that everyone can jump to at any point. In most cases credentials are fully pre-populated so all you need to do is to click on a system.We have been using this software for about 5 years at this point and it has saved us lots of time and effort by having all systems accessible from this one central point.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, this is one of those rare cases when I have really hard time coming up with something I dislike about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this software to anyone doing system administration/network ops type of work. This gem is indispensable for anyone connecting to various systems on daily basis.

This application allowed us to significantly decrease amount of time it takes to connect to any remote system by programming all sorts of connections via different methods/apps into a single database. Before we would need to go into documentation system, find system, lookup credentials, launch app, enter information, etc. Now - we just click on a pre-populated entry and connect. It also has some basic tools scripted (ping, notes, services, etc)

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Brent Q.
Brent Q.

"For me - Best RDP manager but it also does so much more!"

What do you like best?

Constantly being updated to add new features. Security is front and center if used in a corporate environment and also if using free version. Extensible plug-ins both supported and community developed.

What do you dislike?

It has some struggles with UHD displays and non-UHD sessions but is improving its support and much better then default Windows RDP client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paid versions for groups or companies, cloud or on premise hosting of data repository, licensing users.

How to manage over 400 different server connections, VPN profiles, and related credentials in a encrypted, cloud accessible, single application.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Timothy S.
Timothy S.

"Great Product for Any IT Organization"

What do you like best?

Works with almost all program to facilitate shared connection management. Add a new SQL connection and the department all gets the new connection. New VM with RDP, everyone gets the update. Using shared credentials? Control who has access and who doesn't while never giving users access to the password directly. Tabbed windows allow for many different connections to be open and running and easily switch back and forth. Copy and paste between these windows is also possible. Similar to many web browsers, when you close the program, it will pick up where you left off. So many features that it is too hard to list them all! Integrates with browsers and may third part products.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat costly for a medium size organization. Takes some effort to input all of your connections and get everything setup just how you want it. When features are introduced, there are sometime bugs when trying to use those new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other free programs that are available however this program offers many more features that I have found unavailable for free.

Shared Credential Management. Replaces Spreadsheets with listings of connections and endpoints. Improves efficiency of employees and improve teamwork. Help keep all connection info in one place to help with business continuity in the event of a team members departure.

"Simplifies everything"

What do you like best?

Batch edit – I have far too many sessions that require user specific modifications

Users, Groups, Roles – Critical when fine tuning user experience/destructiveness

Macro/Scripts/Tools – Just plain handy and usable… continuous ping for all of those reboots.

Love it.

What do you dislike?

Session ingest can be a bit of a pain. I really would like an easier way to ingest clients from various other places... RMM, Network Monitors, etc..

Recommendations to others considering the product

It simplifies everything. If you’re overthinking a purchase, you could probably use a little simplicity in

your life.

Instead of these users trying to figure out what they’re doing next

and having a messy blob of sessions open, everything is organized, embedded, and fast. Lawyers

are demanding (and insanely expensive) so the faster production moves, the better off everyone

is. I feel like RDM was a critical part of our companies story… from start-up to the acquisition by

Xerox which later split off BPO divisions into Conduent. The ability to keep people focused on

the endzone kept my sanity in check and our success driven.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"The main tool to control servers access (RDP/SSH/VNC/Hyper-V/Web)"

What do you like best?

RDP, SSH, VNC, Web and other protocols in a single tool;

Credentials also managed (and imports or manage other tools too);

Security groups for the entries;

Automations per entries;

Auto login;

Record everything in files or Databases;

Audit access.

What do you dislike?

Slow to open sometimes. At startup (at least in the version i'm using), opening putty sessions is a little bit slow, but the other stuff turn this a small point, compared to the positive points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's two versions, one of them is a free one, so you may try it freely before use. Compare the business use of a single tool versus use of lots of tools. All auditing users and access to the systems that you need, that go from SSH, VNC, RDP, Web URL, Telnet, with lots of scripts automation to the entries, sub entries (a web url of a VMWare Server, for example.

Joined lots of tools, in a single tool, auditing everything, recording data in a database. All really easy to use, and easier to manage. It solved my admins problems of replicate data between them, at the same time that security team may audit everything, and found a safe tool to keep passwords, that each user may have access only to the allowed entries.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Adelle Berzabeth K.
Adelle Berzabeth K.

"remote desktop manager helps us in accessing remote windows servers we use for business"

What do you like best?

Accessing remote windows machine is easier now with remote desktop manager. Also it is free and there's no need for installation in order to use it

What do you dislike?

If I am accessing multiple remote desktop machine, it creates multiple windows which is messy. Hoping there's a way we can have multiple sessions in 1 window, just by having multiple tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use remote desktop when accessing remote windows machines

Accessing our billing system on a remote windows machine

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Remote Desktop Manager"

What do you like best?

I manage over 120 servers on 10 locations. I've tried other remote desktop tools and Devolutions is by far the best I've tried. Very easy to set up and organize. Lots off tools other than remote desktop are built into the app. Things like services, ping, port scan etc. Remote desktops open in tabs which makes it very easy to switch from server to server. Also the ability to store multiple passwords and assign them as needed is a real plus.

What do you dislike?

It seems there are updates every week. I guess this is a good thing but can be annoying at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you spend a lot of time remoting into servers, or are a support person who remotes into user machines you will find this a great tool.

This saves me so much time. I work from several locations and the ability to back up my configuration and restore it to my other workstations helps keep all of instances in sync.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Rasmus B.
Rasmus B.

"Better together"

What do you like best?

We have installed RDM and PVM local on our Support Remote Desktop and use Azure DB ad data source.I like the way templates work and the possibly to use Azure DB or Login

What do you dislike?

Controlling access to customers with user groups have some issues..

Recommendations to others considering the product

RDM and PVM combined give us the ultimate and secure tool to support our customers.

We love it..

WE use RDM and PVM together and it give us the right tool to securely save our customers password and easily connect to our customer’s server's or website.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Samuel L.
Samuel L.

"A really good RDP manager"

What do you like best?

I've been using RDM for many years now. I started with the free version and the more I used it the more I fell in love. I eventually expanded to the Enterprise version and am now at a point where I cannot live without it.

Having all my RDP session and other remote session in one place make my life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometime you can lost yourself in all the options in RDM.

Also the frequent update can be a little bit annoying.

I would like to see more help for beginner because i always have the feeling that i could use it for others stuffs i do, but i don't have the knowledge.

We are managing and sharing remote session more efficiently.

We also can share and store credentials.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Thomas C.
Thomas C.

"Remote Desktop Manager"

What do you like best?

it's like going to a shopping centre everything you need is basically there. You want to store passwords? Done. You want to centralize the data for techs to use? Done. Just brilliant

What do you dislike?

FTP seems to drop connection, resulting in closing and reloading the software.

Password management in one place plus no tech can access the passwords but be given access to certain servers.

"Outstanding ToolBox!"

What do you like best?

RDM is a great p[lace to consolidate and share all types of connections with your colleagues. I use it to connect RDP, VNC and SSH sessions mostly. I also add power-shell scripts and link websites so that all of my work can be accessed from a single window. My team logs every connection, so we have a running record of changes.

What do you dislike?

Creating log entries can be a little cumbersome at times. We got around that by requiring a comment when you close your session.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! you won't be sorry! show a little love by using this link: https://devolutions.net/ref/545020

The biggest benefit is logging. My team knows everything that has changed on every server we manage.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Tommy B.
Tommy B.

"One of the most useful tool."

What do you like best?

It keeps all my remote connection together, in a single UI. SSH, RDP, VNC, and many others, without switching software, with advanced Tabs.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit heavy, and since it uses RDP, high on memory if you keep many session opened.

When it's time to work with a team, you share many credentials and connections. RDM take it all together in a secure Database. You can also use it to keep credentials of any usage.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Gerhard R.
Gerhard R.

"No work day without it!"

What do you like best?

Team Management, Security Role Based, Many VPN Add-Ins. Web Browser Integration, Centralized Password Management with granular security, Features lik open VPN automatically if ping fails! Last but not least - the Support!

What do you dislike?

Hard to believe but at the moment there are no criticisms.

save time, no password search on different location - one centrally repository and the changes are in seconds on all clients available - perfect is also the offline mode!

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Jordan C.
Jordan C.

"Increase your IT productivity "

What do you like best?

Ability to setup SSH port tunnels before connecting to a remote sessions is the feature I like best.

It beats opening putty and configuring each session manually

What do you dislike?

Startup time could be a little better but its manageable .

Response times and server auditing

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Cary W.
Cary W.

"Amazing tool..."

What do you like best?

RDM is constantly updating their product to make it better. One of the best tools I have used in my 35+ years of IT!!!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is very little that I can complain about. It just works!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for free. Once you've tried it, I can't imagine you would want to use anything else!

RDM makes it easy to reach the servers and devices that we are constantly working on. One central source for details & access!

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Christos P.
Christos P.

"The Best Remote Manager Tool Ever Build"

What do you like best?

I love RDM! Is fast, secure and supports all kinds of connections.

What do you dislike?

Nothing.. It helps me everyday to solve server issues!

Server issues, Helpdesk. The benefits are plenty! For example you can manage multiple instances in one tabbed window!

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Roxie K.
Roxie K.

"Remote Desktop"

What do you like best?

I love that I can access multiple computers from my office. It saves me hours.

What do you dislike?

I would live to be able to access them while off campus as well, however, we use logmein for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this if you are a medium/large corporation on one campus.

Accessing computers on campus from my office. It has saved me hours because I don't have to leave my office to go work on a different computer to setup things.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Kammy O.
Kammy O.

"Couldn't keep track of everything without it"

What do you like best?

Its like a database for all of my users and servers connections. I can ping, test, and just find everything in one perfectly laid out format. I honestly don'y know how I would stay organized without itl

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't change a thing. Just make sure you backup the list so if your hard drive crashes you can recover the list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

Remote desktop to users and servers.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Young Soo K.
Young Soo K.

"great remote management tool for remote workers"

What do you like best?

I work out of office a lot and this is a great tool to have a remote connection.

What do you dislike?

sometimes, it is bit lagging. But other than that, it is very good

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that the company is going on a right direction. i like that I can centralize my passwords and get to access from many different areas since i travel a lot

accessing from multiple areas and not restricted to one place as i travel a lot. benefit is that I get to access from every where.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Tailor M.
Tailor M.

"RDM Enterprise: Fast, but Unreliable"

What do you like best?

Gets the job done; manages over 500 connections and credentials.

Pretty, customizable, flexible -- we only use it for RDP, but it apparently can do much more

What do you dislike?

Frequent crashes -- though that may be related to the SQL server running on the backend

Credential storage, access logging, and central access to remotely connect to client servers.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Terry M.
Terry M.

"RDM is a great tool for anyone dealer with more than a few remote connections and teams!"

What do you like best?

RDM is integrated with so many other products it is hard to believe! We have a team of 50+ using it with different levels of security and it works great!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike! Look at all the integrations this product works with!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you will not be disappointed!

Managing hundreds of server connections! Uses SQL database we can centralize the data and share with all our teams.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"best remote desktop software"

What do you like best?

best thing I like is having the tabbed interface, all connections saved in folders, and the password manager

What do you dislike?

the price is a bit much, would like to see an option for single user, without some of the team features for a lower price

easy to maintain database of remote desktop connections

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Administrator in Computer Hardware
Administrator in Computer Hardware

"Advanced software for the novice user"

What do you like best?

graphical interface and easy to setup options make it a perfect software setup for anything business/personal related

What do you dislike?

nothing i like everything about this software

Recommendations to others considering the product

a must have for all IT professionals

remote connection to server and remotely connecting to clients PC for easier repairs from home

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Great remote management tool"

What do you like best?

Easy of use and loaded with features at a reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about the product or dislikes.

Centralized management of all it devices, to improve our small IT group efficiency.

"Great tool for daily work"

What do you like best?

Basic functionality and integration with KeePass. Can manage my credentials in single place

What do you dislike?

A bit complex interface, need some time to get familiar with it. Bit it is not critical

It sppeds up my daily work with managing lots of remote connections with different sets of credentials

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by User in Program Development
User in Program Development

"Simple and easy"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy way to manage multiple remote desktop connecitons

What do you dislike?

Works as described, not more, not less, just what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you are missing just a few features from the built-in client, take this one.

Keeping track of multiple remote desktop connecetions.

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager review by Rusty P.
Rusty P.

"Great tool for server managers using RDP"

What do you like best?

I have about 180 RDP sessions that I use at various times. Using Remote Desktop Manager I am able to set each of them up in an organized fashion and store my AD credentials to automatically log in to each of them. I can also ping through it & do everything else. It is AMAZING!

What do you dislike?

Very slow to load initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay for the paid version to get the password storage.

Learning about Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager?

* We monitor all Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager to Similar Solutions