Dia diagram editor

Dia is a program to draw structured diagrams.

Work for Dia diagram editor?

Learning about Dia diagram editor?

Compare Dia diagram editor to Similar Solutions

Dia diagram editor Reviews

Showing 10 Dia diagram editor reviews
Dia diagram editor review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"A simple software of diagram and draw for networking"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the software is the most likely thing for me. Is so easy to use, easy to configure and easy to install. You can deploy every documentation or project using this software for the diagrams and draws of your network. Another important thing is that the free version has almost he same features of the pay version, so you can pay only if you need to. Has variety of features and symbols and options by default and if you need something additional you can download it quickly. Also, you can export your draws in almost all the extensions and formats.

What do you dislike?

For me there is not a thing that i do not like. Have limitations in format text including type of letter and colors but you can work it with another software after export your draw in another editable format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations are simple, use this software. Has everything you need to have as a network administrator, you can draw easily a project or a network platform. Yo dont need to pay for something else, with Dia you can work every kind of project and worth it.

In first place we did not have any documentation of our platform, we only had it in papers and books. Now we have all the documentation and diagrams of our platform based on dia diagram editor. All departments read our work in portable extensions that we export from dia.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dia diagram editor
Dia diagram editor review by Bascuan L.
Bascuan L.

"Creación de diagramas gratuito"

What do you like best?

Es una aplicación gratuita para la cración de diagramas, además cuenta con diferentes paquetes de formas para las diferentes necesidades del usuario, se utiliza normalmente cuando no se puede llegar a pagar la aplicación Visio de Microsoft.

What do you dislike?

A veces puede llegar a ser un poco simple en comparación a la aplicación Visio de Microsoft que aunque sea de pago, cuenta con una estética mucho más profesional y además es más funcional que Dia, pero como ya he repetido anteriormente es de pago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Descargarlo, ya que es una aplicación gratuita, simplemente puedes probarla y saber si puede serte útil en tus representaciones de diagramas, en mi particularidad, la aplicación me va de maravilla y es totalmente eficaz, nunca me ha dado ningún tipo de problema, además, que para ser gratuita cuenta con muchísimas opciones que la hacen una aplicación bastante única.

En nuestra empresa, para realizar diseños, utilizamos este programa para más o menos guiarnos en nuestros proyectos, la aplicación de vista es sencilla, y para el uso que le damos es perfecta, si ya se van a realizar diseños de más profesionalidad si que deberíamos de mejorar a la aplicación Visio de Microsoft.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Dia diagram editor review by María N.
María N.

"Easy to use and a practical tool to aid any planning process."

What do you like best?

One thing that caught me about this software is that is really easy to learn to use it, any average user can manage to start making diagrams and flowcharts just trying it out for a while because is very intuitive and simple. I like the fact that is has a large range of extensions to import the created file as you need like .jpg, .png, pdf which is very useful for the workplace, meetings, and even personal life because you easily create your chart and paste it on a document or share it digitally as needed. As for the software performance, it runs really smooth, is very light and it doesn't occupy too much space on the pc.

What do you dislike?

One of the negative things I can think about this software is that it doesn't offer many features if you want to make an outstanding, colorful or striking diagram, I consider it just like an entry-level software for basic and simple diagrams and flowcharts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just want to make simple charts on the go you can give this software a chance with no cost.

Gets the work done, is so simple to use that if you learn the basics you just run the software with your idea in mind and you will have your diagram or flowchart in no time, so, almost everybody at work knows how to use it. Personally, I use it to created simple diagrams to indicate processes for my co-workers and facilitate planning for our projects. Also, is compatible with different operating systems so there Is no problem to run it on any of our computers at work.

Dia diagram editor review by Adriana C M.
Adriana C M.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

This tool is really easy to use and friendly. You can do any kind of diagram and export to differents formats. The learning curve is really low and the tool is really light, doesn't consume much ram, you could use it in computers without too much ram memory. It is fast and you can download it in its official web, where you can also find its documentation and its FAQ in this web http://dia-installer.de/doc/faq.html in case you need it. We really love this tool.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the fact that it has been a really a long time since they last launched an upgrade of the User Interface of this app. Unfortunately, this tools doesn't support .vsd files with is the visio format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an alternative to Visio, neither you need to do really basic or complex diagrams, this is the perfect option for you. Especially, if you are a linux - user and you would like to use open source tool.

We are using this tool to draw flowcharts, UML static structure diagrams, work flows or process diagrams and export to formats like svg or png. It also supports LaTeX Formulas.

Dia diagram editor review by Marco D.
Marco D.

"Nice and simple software that will help you in your job:"

What do you like best?

Dia Diagram is easy to use, and very entertaining as well. I enjoy that this software can get to be very versatile because I can use it for many job tasks: I use it in order to create simple but catchy signs that give people instructions for reunions and parties. I can also use it to make nice charts with many purposes, such as a flowchart that allows to record processes for anything. Finally, I can even use Dia Diagram for making stickers for many different purposes.

What do you dislike?

One of its best features can be also its worst, and that is that the software is really simple. What I mean to say is that the software is very helpful and easy to use for stickers and some other purposes. Nonetheless, when it comes the time to create a complex chart or image, then Dia Diagram won´t be so useful because the images look very simplistic, and also there aren´t many features to create charts. This is the only flaw I can find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You´ll be able to make simple graphics and charts with Dia Diagram. So if this is what you´re looking for, then this is the best fit for you.

I can solve the need I have to create charts for myself and my business in order to make it more profitable and responsible. Further, I can solve my needs of making stickers and images for different purposes, in order to fulfill orders from my clients.

Dia diagram editor review by Mario S.
Mario S.

"DIA DIAGRAM IS A GREAT TOOL FOR DIAGRAMING AND CREATING GRAPHICS"

What do you like best?

There are three things I enjoy about using Dia Diagram: the first is that it´s extremely easy to make a flow chart by adding the "figures" and arrows that are available on the left side of the software; the second is that it´s also easy to make graphics such as pie charts, also by adding the figures available inside the software figure-option. Finally, it´s also very easy to make logos and other types of graphics with the help of the ready-forms as well as the free-form option that you can use whenever you want. An additional thing I like is that the Dia Diagram is free and open spource.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can say I dislike is that, inside Dia Diagram´s panel, there are limited options when it comes to the pre-made forms that are available for instant use inside the software´s panel, I really wish there were many more forms to add. Moreover, I don´t like that the software takes a bit of a long time to load when you open it the first time after you turn on your computer, as this doesn´t happen with many other software I use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dia Diagram is a great free software to make simple but nice charts and flow charts. But if you need more than this (such as complex illustrations) then aim to get Adobe Illustrator.

There are a couple benefits I get from Dia Diagram: the first is that I can keep track of the limited processes I have inside my independent business, so that I can refer to them once and again in order to make my tasks easier and more standarized. The other benefit I get from Dia Diagram is that I can make charts and include them in my professional presentations.

Dia diagram editor review by adriana p a.
adriana p a.

"Diagram Editor, is an excellent tool very powerful and efficient!"

What do you like best?

Its interface and functions are very friendly and easy to use. The program includes printing several pages, exporting to many formats (EPS, SVG, CGM and PNG), and gives us the option to use custom created forms. The program is very useful for the elaboration of UML diagrams, network maps and flow diagrams. Diagram Editor Day is easy to learn and very efficient to use and observe the quality of the results, plus it is flexible enough to allow you to create highly customized diagrams.

What do you dislike?

I don't really get any negative aspects to this software. It has really been very useful to me and I'm very happy to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it 100% is very effective, once you try it will not stop using it, in terms of functionality and costs is very attractive, friendly, efficient and easy to use.

It is a very useful and efficient tool in my particular case I use it frequently for the activities and assignments of the university career that I am taking to make flow charts and maps so I am greatly facilitated my activities and saves me time, in addition to being of daily use in work matters.

Dia diagram editor review by Thomas A.
Thomas A.

""Dia diagram"-a better software for flowchart."

What do you like best?

Dia diagram is the smallest and simplest free tool for drawing variety of shapes which makes presentation of flowchart easy.

While comparing with other software's it provide larnge number of shapes thus making the preparation of slides and other flowchart easier. This software can be used for many proposes

What do you dislike?

For making complex diagram , using dia diagram editor is not helpfully. But for the smaller shapes and the shapes that can be downloaded it is the best option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Die diagram editor is the editor that will help you to save your time and create structural diagrams easily It is very helpful in creating flowcharts.

By using Dia diagram editor structural diagrams can be easily created like flowchart that helps in the making and presentation of projects easier and helps to save a lot of time.. For preparing flowcharts and other diagrams it serves as the best software.

Dia diagram editor review by Rafael A.
Rafael A.

"UML and deployments diagrams"

What do you like best?

It lightness and vast diagrams support. Also, it's open source and plugin able.

Besides it's portability, it has a Linux, MacOSX and Windows versions, it made Dia a swiss-army knife like tool, you can quickly draw anything you need, from UML diagrams to Electrical Engineer like diagrams, going through Cisco diagrams and much more.

What do you dislike?

It's exporters, aren't very intuitive and some of them fail on rendering complex diagram with awkward results.

Also, at least on my not-so-old laptop, with Ubuntu 14.04, the graphics has some glitches when drawing, it's really annoying when you'r trying to fix little details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow team work collaboration/versioning in some way, if it would format to a XML or something like that, could be simple versioned with a any CVS.

An integration with Cloud solution could help too, like OwnCloud or DropBox.

Diagramming and designing class diagrams, it deployments diagrams, use cases, BPMNs, flow charts, and much more.

Dia diagram editor review by Godwin J.
Godwin J.

"Versatile Diagramming Tool"

What do you like best?

It's drag and drop capability and wide range of professional shapes to choose from.

What do you dislike?

Images have to be imported as there is no copy and paste for images.

Producing high quality computer network drawings for customer installations.

Learning about Dia diagram editor?

* We monitor all Dia diagram editor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Dia diagram editor to Similar Solutions