- Pretty intuitive / user friendly
- Like the settings interface, including call menus
- Desktop & mobile apps
- Desktop app bug where the badge icon does not update properly for missed calls. I have been reporting this for months with no progress by tech support. I lose business when there is a missed call and I don't know about it right away (and there is no ring because it goes to main line call menu).
- Voicemail transcription poor-to-mediocre (at least compared to Google Voice)
- Setup issues with Obi voip device; specifically, it doesn't allow you to share your device with other VoiP service providers without a manual hack (which is what I'm doing so I can still use the device for a personal GV #), although this may be causing other issues
- Customer service underwhelming. First tier is overseas office that while friendly & responsive usually isn't helpful and just end up sending it up the chain to someone who can help. Forum isn't really used. Live chat unreliable and still first tier people. Overall, slow response times and still have unresolved issues. Feels like 10 people work at Dialpad, both in customer service & sales, despite appearing to be a well funded growing company.
- Have had numerous technical issues, most but not all were eventually resolved, including dropped calls, ringing delays, etc.
- As a single user using Dialpad, there is no efficient way to see all new activity across departments; I have to check each one individually. Plus, it doesn't aggregate the same caller activity across departments in one place -- it treats them separately even if the same phone number.
I really wish they would focus more on the fundamentals of their product more before caring about adding new sexy features that are better for marketing. Using a robust forum for getting user feedback (e.g., with voting) could be helpful. I will likely be sticking with them for now since there are enough areas I like and they seem to continue to be working on the product, but I'm just not sure they are focused enough on solving my problems/issues above.
Inexpensive phone number and service
Call menus with routing, including to voicemails