Dialpad

Dialpad

4.0

The business phone system with the simplest, most elegant interface you've ever experienced.

Work for Dialpad?

Learning about Dialpad?

Dialpad Reviews

Ask Dialpad a Question
Showing 164 Dialpad reviews
Dialpad review by Sheldon Z.
Sheldon Z.
View Original

"Great Alternative to the Desk Phone"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dialpad
Dialpad review by Adam P.
Adam P.

"Dialpad Customer For Years"

What do you like best?

When we started our business, we needed a solution that would provide access anywhere and from any device. Dialpad was the right solution for our business. The features we appreciate most, are:

- Works across multiple devices

- Seamless device hand-off

- Easy web-based administration

- Flex-up/flex-down for licensing

- Ability to create and manage groups or offices

- ALL of the continued feature roll-outs

Also, we have conference room phones that are connected to our account. It was really simple to setup, and has provided value to have phones in our rooms.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we really disliked about Dialpad were a few issues that have since been addressed. For example, when you delete a recording, there used to not be a prompt, so if you had clicked on that accidentally, there wasn't any "undo", but they've fixed that. Overall, there aren't any issues with Dialpad that we'd consider an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the investment for the version of Dialpad that has integrations. We have ours integrated with Salesforce, GSuite and Slack.

We needed a solution that would allow us to easily provision users in any geography, and be able to integrate with things like GSuite and Salesforce. It has delivered value for us by making Salesforce easier to manage with automated call logging/tracking. In terms of benefits, we've seen a very high level of "availability" of our people for our prospects and customers. In the world of consulting and sales, accessibility means everything.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Dialpad review by kassy g.
kassy g.

"Great on the surface, but not reliable for a large volume calls"

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to send texts, and being able to see who answered each call, transferring calls and being able to see who's actively on the phone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike, the set-up, the lack of live customer service, the amount of all the dropped calls, the poor quality of the calls, the lag in answering each call and the app is not reliable to take calls from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure where to start with suggestions because their system is not reliable overall I'm not satisfied with the quality of the calls, but a couple added features like text reminders would be nice or if it could integrate with Clio.

We use it primarily on our desktop or laptop computers, but it also makes working on your computer and answering calls. It freezes up my computer often and I miss a lot of calls because of the lag in the application.

Dialpad review by Kirk M.
Kirk M.

"Great business solution with very simple setup"

What do you like best?

It's just nice to have a dependable virtual phone line to use for your business. Added bonuses include business hours, routing rules, managing your team, etc. The setup is quick and simple, allowing you to focus on more important aspects of your business.

What do you dislike?

The administration panel can be a little confusing, as in how the navigation is laid out and and where certain settings are. If you're unfamiliar with VOIP products and/or Dialpad specifically, it could be a bit complicated to get things running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my experience, it's the overall best and most robust product, while maintaining a high level of simplicity.

Being able to have a business line without working with a typical costly provider. One that allows you to change when and how it routes to certain phones and, most importantly for us, allows employees to have direct lines without exposing their personal numbers.

Dialpad review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Great on the Surface, some issues with use"

What do you like best?

- Affordable

- Pretty intuitive / user friendly

- Like the settings interface, including call menus

- Desktop & mobile apps

- Texting

What do you dislike?

- Desktop app bug where the badge icon does not update properly for missed calls. I have been reporting this for months with no progress by tech support. I lose business when there is a missed call and I don't know about it right away (and there is no ring because it goes to main line call menu).

- Voicemail transcription poor-to-mediocre (at least compared to Google Voice)

- Setup issues with Obi voip device; specifically, it doesn't allow you to share your device with other VoiP service providers without a manual hack (which is what I'm doing so I can still use the device for a personal GV #), although this may be causing other issues

- Customer service underwhelming. First tier is overseas office that while friendly & responsive usually isn't helpful and just end up sending it up the chain to someone who can help. Forum isn't really used. Live chat unreliable and still first tier people. Overall, slow response times and still have unresolved issues. Feels like 10 people work at Dialpad, both in customer service & sales, despite appearing to be a well funded growing company.

- Have had numerous technical issues, most but not all were eventually resolved, including dropped calls, ringing delays, etc.

- As a single user using Dialpad, there is no efficient way to see all new activity across departments; I have to check each one individually. Plus, it doesn't aggregate the same caller activity across departments in one place -- it treats them separately even if the same phone number.

I really wish they would focus more on the fundamentals of their product more before caring about adding new sexy features that are better for marketing. Using a robust forum for getting user feedback (e.g., with voting) could be helpful. I will likely be sticking with them for now since there are enough areas I like and they seem to continue to be working on the product, but I'm just not sure they are focused enough on solving my problems/issues above.

Inexpensive phone number and service

Call menus with routing, including to voicemails

Dialpad review by David B.
David B.

"Great on PC, Awful on iPhone"

What do you like best?

It works great over wifi from my computer (which is great because my cell reception is bad) and the calls always come through clear. Also useful for organizing contacts and receiving text messages.

What do you dislike?

I downloaded the Dialpad app onto my iPhone and while calls will ring simultaneously on my phone and desktop, I have never been able to actually answer a call on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're only calling from your computer this is a great tool.

This is useful because it allows me to track all of my phone calls and texts with clients while not having to worry about cell phone reception. It is also nice as it shows when others in my organization who use Dialpad are busy on calls or out of the office.

Dialpad review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"Dialpad for Small Office "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the portability of Dialpad and the ease of transferring calls to others in the office, as well as the chat features. Dialpad's function of having the call ring to your phone in a noticeable way (a red bar appears at the top of your screen and the call pops up with the caller's ID and says it is from Dialpad) is very innovative and allows me to screen work calls apart from personal calls. It is nice it is so customizable as far as using Wifi or your cell company to receive calls, allows you to call or text from your Dialpad number, etc.

What do you dislike?

The app does tend to crash at times, where you cannot answer it on your phone and thus miss the call. Also, if you are on a current call and someone else calls, it does not give you the option of which call to hold or take, but rather puts your current call on hold and immediately has the other one as "ringing". You then have the option to hold that call and resume your other one, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution to going cell-based. Would recommend perhaps one desk phone for the reception desk. Allows you to work anywhere. Allows privacy and is customizable. Glitches require patience, as with most technology.

It works especially well in our office as we do not have a full-time receptionist, thus others can take over the phone answering capabilities with the multi-user function. Assistants can also see and take calls for their superiors. It is more affordable than desk phones and allows you to receive and screen calls away from the office, if you wish.

Dialpad review by Administrator

"Contact anyone in your Company w/o keeping a directory"

What do you like best?

Being able to contact other employees using Dialpad to search their names. It's a lot more convenient than looking up numbers through a directory. I also often use the transfer/send to voicemail option. Another feature I really like on dialpad is being able to put your line on Do Not Disturb, or transfer your calls to another employee or office, which is very useful when I go on vacation, or need to go out in the field.

What do you dislike?

Since it is internet based, if you use the app through your phone or computer the connection can be hit-and-miss sometimes if you have internet issues. While it is possible to use the cell phone provider to make calls, sometimes it makes the transfer option unavailable, since it relies on the internet to search through numbers/other dialpad users. Occasionally I have issues connecting with clients that live in more rural areas; I've had instances where the clients claimed their phone only rang once, while on my end I was sent straight to voicemail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stable High Speed Internet is a must.

Dialpad solves the need for our employees in the field to save all the numbers of administrators, bosses, or other colleagues. It allows any one of our employees to contact anyone else in our company without having to save several numbers. The benefits of using this service is that it can be used anytime on the go with a proper signal. Anyone using the dialpad app can send messages, forward calls, or look up any other employee within our company.

Dialpad review by User

"Business Continuity, Business Data Systems Integration -- Easy to Use and Tasty"

What do you like best?

Several issued are intertwined. Simplicity. Platform independence. Web-based for business continuity of operations. Integration with the Google Apps / G Suite platform. My team made the switch to a VoIP phone system in about 2010. The first service we used required physical phones -- ugh. The second service we used had an application but it was not web-based. Finally, we found a couple choices that offered web-based solutions and DialPad was our choice.

What do you dislike?

When I first installed DialPad on my cellphone, it seemed to have a sibling rivalry with my "regular" phone app. I was certain that it was a configuration / setting issue but could never figure out what it was. I've just done a factory reset on my cellphone and have just reinstalled DialPad -- we'll see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is somewhat difficult to give just a sound-bite answer. There are several great things that intertwine. Read my specific commentary above.

Business continuity and data systems integration. If our office burned down, could we simply go to any computer anywhere and log into our phone via the web? Or, if a team member was traveling, can they still operate? Finally, the integration with Google Apps, Copper / Prosperworks, etc.

Dialpad review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great Product with an up-to-date Business Communications SaaS"

What do you like best?

Quality of phone calls is always great. I can dial directly from my Browser by clicking on a phone number (with the extension). I can make calls from my analog phone with an IP adapter AND I can make calls from my desktop/laptop, iphone or Ipad via App. The ability to have the Dialpad app on my iPhone means that I am never out of reach from my office. There is also available a voice log of your phone calls to review what you said. In all a superior service. Also to add, you can SMS from your business phone line. And last, the price is very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see a better junk phone call blocker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product. Go for it. Built by the people who did Google Voice.

Totally portable communications via phone, desktop, laptop, IOS. I can be anywhere and conduct a business call.

Dialpad review by Ujay K.
Ujay K.

"Great chat app for the office."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to chat with my colleagues, and the dialing feature is really good for out of office. I get my phone calls at the office forwarded to my cell using this program. In addition, handling voice mails is a lot easier now that its handled through email and this app.

What do you dislike?

I have to update my app at least 4 times a week, and the program crashes often. This is not that terrible since the program restarts relatively quickly. However, it is still an issue none the less. Sometimes it also shows that I'm on a call when I have ended that call hours ago.

Ease of communication based on the features I had mentioned above.

Dialpad review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Desperately searching for a new alternative"

What do you like best?

I like the chat feature and the number masking feature when they work. This app is super glitchy, and the updates aren't helping. Not to mention it's expensive for something that doesn't work properly. Our company hates it.

What do you dislike?

My biggest grievances are as follows:

-when I receive a call I sometimes, most times, cannot get it to transfer it to my cell phone and it almost always fails when I click “switch to this device”

-when placing a call sometimes it dials right away and sometimes it masks number. The extra click to dial another number after I’ve put in the number is very frustrating because it’s not consistent.

-call quality is pretty low and calls drop frequently. Most people say they cannot hear me and I’m speaking no differently if I were talking in my own cell phone.

-Messages that are sent from my cell phone appear twice to recipients on the computer and with a lag.

-messages sent to and from computer come with a lag, coworkers and I tested it sitting next to each other.

Quite frankly in the business of sales, Dialpad and its wobbly features is actually hurting our business, who likes to be disconnected 3-4 times when they call in?

Dialpad review by Marisa N.
Marisa N.

"Ease of Entry for Smartphone-Literate"

What do you like best?

I love how EASY this was to set up right off the bat, and how it allows our staff to be mobile in and out of the office. The apps are well-designed, customer and technical support are incredibly helpful and responsive, and you don't need to have an IT background to operate it to its maximum potential.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot block numbers, that contacts cannot be synced across an organization, and that it can be confusing to use for the smartphone-illiterate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before implementing, be sure that you have plenty of staff members who are comfortable using app-based phone systems and work solutions. This will make it easier to seamlessly implement!

Our traditional phone system was not working for us. We had desk phones, cell phones, fax machines, conference lines, honestly way too many pieces of technology to keep track of! Now, we have a home base for all of our office communication. With Dialpad's connection to Uberconference, our entire phone experience is streamlined.

Dialpad review by Joshua P.
Joshua P.

"Dialpad is life changing"

What do you like best?

Everything. Not having a traditional phone is awesome. Staff status (available/on phone/in meeting/DND) awesome. Unified messaging - awesome. Has completely changed our workflows and made our distributed team much more dynamic and connected. Oh yeah, and the voice quality is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There really is no major issue that I can think of...sometimes the mobile app is a little fussy, but recent updates seem to have cleared that up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free 30-day trial. Try it! If you are coming from traditional VOIP or PBX systems, moving to a truly easy to use and implement unified messaging platform is life-changing.

Unified messaging for a distributed workforce with a mix of BYOD and company issued devices. Ability to make and receive company voice/chat from BYOD without exposing personal mobile numbers. Ability to work on multiple platforms and from any Internet connected device even with low bandwidth.

Dialpad review by User

"Dialpad has been a great service for our organization."

What do you like best?

I think the app is really well made. It is user friendly and easily updated! I like the transfer buttons and that you can save multiple voicemail messages. The call quality is good most of the time. I really think it is great that there is a way to see the history of any call you have made or received. Having those call logs is essential.

What do you dislike?

I do not get notified when we receive a text message on our main line in a department. I think it would be good to have that be shown as unread.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a good service that works really well with smaller non profits.

Easy company wide communication has been streamlined with Dialpad. Training new users on this platform is also really easy. It is really intuitive and the user friendliness is super helpful here.

Dialpad review by Adam N.
Adam N.

"Great Product, better then local phone company"

What do you like best?

Love how easy Dialpad is to use and the ability to do texting, calling, viewing previous contact, and much more all in one spot. Our entire team loves it and we would never go back to a landline after having this.

What do you dislike?

We've reached out a couple times for a specific request and haven't heard back about this request yet. And it's been a few months since the first email was sent. So customer service for our specific request has been really slow.

Communication internally, streamlined communication, made communication more portable for our team, and helps us engage better with our members.

Dialpad review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Reliable with nice mobile integration but needs some refining"

What do you like best?

I like that I can accept and move calls between my PC and mobile app seamlessly without any interruption. There is a nice Chrome plugin that is extremely handy. Call quality is clear and reliable. A bonus is Uber Conference inclusion and Office365 authentication integration

What do you dislike?

My one big gripe is that it does not recognize my USB connected Plantronics headset. In order for DialPad to use my headset properly, I have to set the Plantronics as the Default Communication Device on my PC and set the app settings to use Default Communication Device. If I set DialPad to the specific device in the Audio settings, it does not work and send audio out my PC speaker.

We are solving moving into a more distributed phone system for a largely mobile workforce. This also was a solution to give everyone a company phone for those that do not see the office or have a workspace that is consistently the same.

Dialpad review by Devin J.
Devin J.

"Great Product, still several bugs though."

What do you like best?

The texting feature has opened so many new avenues within our recruitment department.

The unlimited names you can save under each number helps with recognition, and you can view text and previous call history for a reminder on who and what the person is calling about.

What do you dislike?

Several glitches, such as when transfering a call, the only two option are 'send to voice mail' and 'call first' - if you call and they do not answer, then you either have to send them to voice mail.. you ought to be able to opt out of the transfer to find other options.

Many other glitches are just having to close the app and restart it because a option isn't visible and so forth.

Another problem would be that alot of the time Voicemail Notifications and Text Message Notifications don't come through until several hours later in mass.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It simplifies and keeps things easy to maintain. Try it, you'll like it.

Recruiting and Employee Relations has becoming simpler and easier all around.

Dialpad review by Administrator

"Dialpad - the contemporary desk phone"

What do you like best?

I love that without forsaking the space and limitations of a traditional desk phone, we are able to have all of the same capabilities. With setting a voicemail, recording voicemails that can be accessed anywhere through my email, and the power to forward calls, we are able to have all of the essentials necessary to our operation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is a separate app that has to be open constantly - I am always leery of having too many applications open, but that is really the biggest concern. We switched to DialPad from Google Voice as well, where I could hear who was calling (they had to state their name) and could then decide if I wanted to send them to voicemail or take the call. That is a feature I'd like to see in Dialpad.

It is very easy to streamline communication now and also to see a nice review at the end of the week of top callers, how many missed calls, etc. I appreciate that simple report that I receive weekly. It has also been much easier than when we were using Google Voice, because our volume of messaging and calls was so high with Voice that we were kicked out and it was oftentimes unreliable. Dialpad is reliable.

Dialpad review by Scott L.
Scott L.

"Dialpad is great, but still needs some tweaks"

What do you like best?

Easy to use VOIP software. The computer version is clean and stable, and even my less technologically savvy coworkers had it down in no time at all.

What do you dislike?

Dialpad is still missing some really basic phone system functionality. For example, when the phone next to me rings I can't answer it from my station like I could on our old system. For example, when I'm on a call and hang up while the other lines are ringing, I can't just grab the incoming call. Transferring calls from the handset units is awkward, and departments are difficult to manage, while transferring on the computer software is easy and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need responsive support and a stable product, Dialpad is great. If you still need maximum functionality, you might need a different product until they get the additional features worked in.

Managing our voicemails and being able to send text messages through our computer is a huge asset for our dealership. CSE scores are improving due to the increased methods to reach out to customers.

Dialpad review by Diego C.
Diego C.

"Incredible app, needs some improvements. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use from my Phone and computer and how it all seamlessly integrates with LinkedIn and Salesforce. Also the new feature that shows the caller ID when you dial a number is great.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are. I shortcuts to quickly copy and deal a number without having to click all over. We used to use 3CX at our office before and dialpad is way better but 3CX had a short cut where you could copy a number any where on your screen and press a hot key Cmd+3 on Mac and control+D on PC and that number would instantly be called by the system. This is a huge time saver and works everywhere unlink click to call, which is also slow to load.

The ability to text our clients from our phone has been huge and also the ability to maintain consistency through out all of our devices allows us to stay in better communication internally and with out clients.

"DialPad Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to call and from any computer wherever you are. The app makes it easy to use on the go. The fax feature is easy to use and to upload files to be faxed.

What do you dislike?

The fax inability to customize a cover sheet without having it added as part of the document being faxed. No email confirmation of fax success or failure. You must check the status directly from the DialPad application or app. The inability to be on a call and send a fax at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that you cannot be on a call and also use it's fax feature at the same time. Also, if you need fax confirmation emails, this is also not an option.

Negates the use of physical fax machines and telephones. It's easily accessible since you are using your computer or app to make calls and/or send faxes.

Dialpad review by User in Computer Software

"Full of potential with some limitations expected of a new product"

What do you like best?

The automatic transcription -- with the ability to customize using words that are relevant to your industry/company's field --is a fantastic feature. I also like the ability to dial in from any phone, which makes it easier to change conference rooms at the last minute. The customer support is very accessible, and though there have been some problems, they are responsive -- not only resolving issues , but taking into account and often implementing feature requests in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The transcriptions are oftentimes inaccurate, which can cause difficulties in deciphering what was said. Additionally, having to change the number you are dialing from -- though this feature is convenient in theory -- does take up an extra minute, and if you are waiting for a conference room, inevitably makes you tardy for conference calls with clients.

The transcriptions can be used to easily share with your management to hone in on what is working and what needs to be improved. The ability to see "% listening" is very helpful especially in a sales role -- learning opportunities to ask more questions and speak less.

Dialpad review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Helpful messaging interface; Phone system could be improved"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of inter-office communication - individual and group chats are easy to initiate, and sharing active links + images is very helpful when collaborating on a project.

What do you dislike?

The phone system often drops calls, or produces very poor audio. Transcripts for voicemails are not always available. And no matter how I work with my mobile phone settings, I can't establish a consistent pattern of notifications. This part of Dialpad is not always user-friendly.

It's helpful to have a record of even just casual conversation - you can go back and find information that was mentioned in passing, information that might be forgotten due to the casual nature of these interactions. Attaching Dialpad to my mobile phone is helpful for communicating when any of us are away from our desks, such as a work-from-home day, or when we're working in different buildings.

Dialpad review by dorismond b.
dorismond b.

"It was very Easy to use,I think that is the best app I ever use."

What do you like best?

In fact the best thing with dialpad is that it makes you feel comfortable when you're calling someone ,I started used it 9 months ago.this is one of the thing I most love in my job,very good sound,Good communication,and easy to manage and also to understand.

What do you dislike?

there are not much things that I could say to dislike it,it is just ok.better is computer,better it will work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend everybody to use it because it is very easy to manage and give perfect solution.

I usually have to do a lots of calls everyday ,to calling clients,give them services,it's like I earn my life with dialpad.

Dialpad review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Best Set-It & Forget It Business VoIP Available"

What do you like best?

The setup process is so seamless. There is not much work that needs to be done. Building up IVR menus is a breeze, though somewhat limited compared to the competition. It integrates deeply with G Suite making it a no-brainer for small businesses that are using G Suite.

The mobile app is great as well as the desktop app. Updated regularly and they appear to be a quick-moving company.

What do you dislike?

It has very few if any integrations. It does not have any Zapier integration, does not integrate with my CRM, does not integrate with my Help Desk. That's the biggest strike here. Integrations have to exist if they want to even try and compete with the big players here like RingCentral.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are primarily using your cellphone to conduct business (e.g. not reliant on a physical desk-phone) or are willing to plug in a headset into your computer, this really is a phenomenal product that works well and is a pleasure to use.

Cutting down on spam calls, directing calls through a pipeline (correct department), scale-able business phone calls.

Dialpad review by Nathan B.
Nathan B.

"Simple phone system for desktop calling"

What do you like best?

simple installation via chrome apps store with simple google or microsoft authentication - working in a couple of minutes only

What do you dislike?

salesforce integration is a little limited unless you upgrade to enterprise and that is not available for Small to Medium sized businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a good system, but limited in it's integration with salesforce, no automatic routing, no linking of past calls to new accounts... but it is great value for the outlay!

easy cloud based phone system with ability to link calls to contacts in salesforce - saves time typing and also allows us to see which contacts are getting the most support from us.

Dialpad review by Administrator

"Great tool for building a scalable business"

What do you like best?

Dialpad allows our growing business to be completely mobile and scalable. Call quality is on par with desk phones. Overall, we're very happy.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, there are odd things that happen when microphones or headphones are not working and you have to restart the app, often dropping the call. A good rule of thumb is to relaunch Dialpad each time you launch to start working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a quality headset. Learn as much as you can about other platform integration (SalesForce, ZenDesk, etc.)

Scalability and mobility are huge. It also helps with small communications via the chat feature. We know there are additional tools available that might help but we have not gotten into those just yet.

Dialpad review by Grant G.
Grant G.

"Simple, Platform independent phone system"

What do you like best?

The web-based nature of the product means users on any platform are treated equally. No longer do your Mac users get hand me down or crippled features like so many other phone vendors. Dialpad treats users equally. It's really nice to have users manage themselves. It doesn't take an administrator to configure personal features or setup for a Dialpad account. The user is able to configure their own account to meet the way they work.

What do you dislike?

Being a young company means that iterations and updates are very frequent. It's a double edged sword. Updates come frequently bringing new features, but that also means updating apps and ensuring features are configured correctly on a normal basis. I really wish we could customize the desktop phones more and get more use out of the hardware. Some users are not onboard with software based phones and still want or require a desk handset. Being able to utilize the full features available to the hardware buttons would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the use of third party VOIP phones and how licenses work. It can be a little complex with conference rooms and integration with third party hardware - Polycom. The current ability to manually program the Obihai phones isn't great.

We have offices in multiple locations, some are very small where a full-time IT staff isn't reasonable. Dialpad allows us to grow at our own rate and support our users needs without a lot of IT or overhead. The almost $0 capital investment for our launch was excellent and saved thousands of dollars.

Dialpad review by Janna G.
Janna G.

"Great for a small company."

What do you like best?

Incredibly easy to set-up and really cost effective. The apps work on both iOS devices and Android with the exception of a few glitches. Audio is great and the customization is decent. The transition was easy, as was the set-up (we have added Billing, Sales & customer Service to our accounts - and this has helped with call routing immensely). The best part is that the calls get routed through to our devices!

What do you dislike?

We have run into a few glitches when using with other applications and is a little buggy when integrating with bluetooth in the car. However, we have seen great improvements over the past month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set this up right the first time - utilize the tools available to get the best bang for your buck - you won't be disappointed! Dial pad support is getting better all the time and they seem to really care how their system is working for you and what they can do better. This has been the best support.

We are a small business and our key players are always on the go - this enables us to transition from devices (PC to phone to car). This has allowed us to be available to our clients and provide great customer service. We have finally gotten rid of all LAN lines - and this has been a fantastic and easy change. We can message and even record conversations.

Dialpad review by Administrator

"So much better than actual phones!"

What do you like best?

We love the VoIP platform. We can call out from anywhere using any device (desktop, mobile). So many cool features to integrate Google Suites.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit pricey, but we saved money with the Fast Start program and received 10 free seats for life. Things here and there can add to your monthly expense (fax number, porting local numbers, adding phones/conference phones)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is eligible for the Fast Start program, do it! It's definitely worth it; you just have to get employees to use it consistently.

No more physical phone system! It's awesome to have everything in one place. It's tech-forward and always accessible, especially for our employees who travel often.

Dialpad review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Helps our team communicate better with our clients and one another"

What do you like best?

Simplicity!

Being able to take calls from the office on the road via the app has really helped my team.

We also enjoy the text feature, A LOT. Makes communicating quickly with our clients fast and easy.

Lastly the directory, making reaching out to a team member by phone, text or video is super helpful.

I love it that we don't have to go looking up numbers, when we are working in the computer we copy, then paste them into the phone pad and BAM, the phone is ringing.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes wonky with the speaker/mic settings.

Likely my computer and something I need to work with an expert to resolve to maximize the way I use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After 11 years in business and several different phone systems, Dialpad has by far been the best decision we've made for or phone needs.

Allowing my team to have flexibility with their work environment and still be able to connect with each other and the team.

Pricing for the company is also very helpful. Great product at a GREAT price

Dialpad review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"I use dialpad for daily calls and correspondences with my colleagues and customers. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily click on this window on my computer or I can pull up the app on my phone and easily access previous activity with anyone and everyone in which I've been in contact with. I also like that Dialpad allows me to have a separate work number without having a separate phone.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes messages do not load quickly. Also, I cannot find a way to delete activity or conversations. (If there is one, it would be great to be more identifiable.

I can easily access the last time I spoke to a customer or messaged with a customer. I can also look up old conversations with coworkers which is great if I need to reflect back on what was said.

Dialpad review by Chenet P.
Chenet P.

"My experience "

What do you like best?

It's easy to add contact, they email us as soon as we have a voice mail. Easy to answer when the clients call.

When we're in a conversation with some clients, we hear them clearly.

What do you dislike?

There's no emoticons, you should add emoticones guys. Sometimes when i make calls, i cannot see where to finish the conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you guys to use this software, it's like a phone, it is easy to use. This is one the best software i'd never used before, and as soon as you have an inconvenience, they help you as quick as they can.

We call the people to set up appointment for them.

Dialpad review by Turner S.
Turner S.

"Dialpad is unique and great"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can track my progress with analytics, seeing how many calls I have done each day of the week to stay on top of my goals. Also by downloading the app I can accept my office calls on my cell phone which is very convenient!

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind, it is all very intuitive and easy to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it won't disappoint!

I have realized the benefits of flexibility when it comes to working with Dialpad in real estate. Sometimes I need to take a call that comes into my office number when I am out in the field, and I can easily pick it up on my phone now.

Dialpad review by Kevin R.
Kevin R.

"Great"

What do you like best?

Are you looking for a VoIP solution? Look no further. Dialpad is easy to setup and incredibly reliable. It's been the best solution we've tried it and have since implemented it.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything that we dislike. If anything they have a great customer service team always standing ready to assist if and when a trouble arises.

We needed on the go solution.

Dialpad review by Denny Basham, MBA, M.
Denny Basham, MBA, M.

"Easy, Quick Business Phone System"

What do you like best?

The setup was incredibly easy for this product. We were up and running in minutes and had ported all of our numbers within a matter of days. The interface is easy to use and ongoing admin is a piece-of-cake.

What do you dislike?

There are some features missing like immediate forwards to a non Dialpad number but other than that we love the system and use it for all of our calls now. Still no speech-to-text voice mail system which Google Voice has had to year (c'mon folks - roll this out already).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get the trial and play with this yourself. That is really the only way to really know if this system will work for you. Dialpad has a very high bang for the buck and is definitely easy to use so just play with it.

We needed a more sophisticated phone system without paying the big bucks from some other companies. This system was relatively easy to setup and had most of the major features we needed (IVR, phone menu trees with departments, etc). Overall this system saved us money and allowed us to remain in the cloud for portability.

Dialpad review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"It's a good program when used as intended"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how the Dialpad app seamlessly integrates with Chrome and Gmail, linking all of my contact data. I also appreciate that it doubles as an instant messaging platform for quick messages sent between colleagues when an email would be unnecessary and cumbersome. Because it keeps everything in one place and tracks a lot of call data (date, time, length of call, who answered it, what call group it rang to, call transfers, etc.) it makes finding, tracking and reviewing information easier.

What do you dislike?

Dialpad was designed for use with web and computer based call structure. i.e. it functions best when run directly from the computer to a headset. The business that I work for is not able to use headsets and instead partners Dialpad with Obihai phone terminals. Sometimes the lag between the two components becomes inconvenient. For instance, if I hang up a call on my physical phone terminal and another call comes in a few seconds later, I'm not able to answer it because my physical device hasn't caught up to the web app. It's a fairly minor inconvenience in the long run, but still causes some headache. Also, because we are using physical phones, transferring calls can be inconvenient. Dialpad calls can be transferred directly in the app, which is much more expedient than using the phone terminals, but the 'Ask First' function only allows you to instant message the call recipient, as opposed to actually ringing their phone and allowing you to speak to them. Because most of my colleagues have their computer volume muted, they don't hear an IM noise indicating that someone is trying to ask to transfer a call, so you have to send the caller in blindly. It would be better if you could confirm that the other person is even in their office so that if they don't answer or are unavailable you could notify the caller and transfer them directly to the recipient's voicemail.

The call transfer issue is probably the most notable problem that we are trying to figure out how to solve. However, prior to Dialpad, each of our offices was on it's own phone grid. As such, we were unable to look up direct lines to colleagues at other locations or transfer calls to them. We had to transfer calls to the main number of each location and go from there. Dialpad has certainly made things more efficient in a lot of ways (although less efficient in terms of the call transfer issue).

"Dialpad Office Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to find contacts, and it is nice to be able to use the app and have the calls dial on both your office phone, computer, and cell phone. Great for people who constantly have to leave their desks.

What do you dislike?

The application on the desktop seems to take a lot of resource power and crashes quite frequently for myself. I always wish you could schedule away times for the app on the phone to ring, since receiving calls in the evening or while on vacation is not preferred.

Inter office communication and easy access to calls, scheduling and e-mails all through the app make sharing and receiving information easy.

Dialpad review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Dialpad is one the best pc phone application ever!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature from Dialpad is being able to text as well as call etc. It is a simple add-on that is too many times missed by other companies. Another awesome feature is being able to connect my personal phone number directly to Dialpad.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the little glitches that Dialpad is still working on. I totally understand that Dialpad is constantly improving. For instance, one glitch is getting a phonecall from dialpad and only after the phonecall my dialpad app starts sending me a notification that I am about to receive a phonecall. There is no delay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Dialpad to its full potential. There are many features that I am still discovering!

I communicate with customers and vendors constantly. Sometimes I need to send them picture messages or a message in general. Many customers prefer texting and this helps solve any communication block.

Dialpad review by Sanjay C.
Sanjay C.

"Lowest cost with no support"

What do you like best?

Call voice quality is good so it feels if you are calling from a landline,

What do you dislike?

Dialpad has difficult to use interface. Dial pad has no live chat or phone help. If you do not want to struggle with setting up, I suggest go for higher cost vendors. Call takes too long to connect. This will cost you in calling person's time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make interface very intuitive to use - redesign with customer focus is required.

Live support is required

Uber conference is added - don't why I am shown this option

No live help

Dialpad review by Jon D.
Jon D.

"Great transition for the old office phones!"

What do you like best?

We love the integration with our Google Business applications and most of all with the ability to make changes on the fly. No longer do we need to contact the provider in order to add or delete someone, change a message or make minor adjustments.

What do you dislike?

We have customer service agents and when the demand gets high there is no call waiting or even any alert letting them know there is another call coming in. It isn't practical to just have more operators standing by so we end up having lots of voice mails and then spend too much time chasing our customers down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the testing period and try to replicate any situation you have had using other systems.

Perfect for remote team members. Love the I Phone application.

Dialpad review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Nice program that is getting better"

What do you like best?

I like the dialpad interface. I enjoy the messaging capability of the app, and call center analytics and statistics.

What do you dislike?

Bugs. Call notification box is blank at times. incoming call notification box won't go away at times. It will show me on a call when I am not on a call. Lots of bugs have been fixed in the last few months though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the product is getting better with every update. I would definitely recommend others to use this product.

Our entire business is ran through dialpad. It appears to be a less expensive and capable phone system for our business.

Dialpad review by Yoemely H.
Yoemely H.

"Best calling app I've ever used. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can send and receive text messages, record calls, people can leave me voicemails and the Do not disturb option.

What do you dislike?

That they charge to call to Dominican Republic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just let your employees know they cannot make international calls.

As our company is in Dominican Republic if we want to call to The States we have to pay, so with this app we are saving money!

Dialpad review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Perfection!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and robust feature set are top notch! It is everything I could want in a portable, mobile phone number.

What do you dislike?

Probably the only thing I don't love is the contact integration with Google. I wish it was a bit more robust and clear how the data syncs back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to the Dialpad team! I've found that their sales and support staff are incredibly kind, very helpful, and easy to work with to sort out issues!

I needed a work number plus an office number that wasn't tied to a physical location. Dialpad lets us have departments that serve as our office numbers, with direct user numbers. All of it is 100% portable and OS-agnostic, so it feels like they really understand what I needed to accomplish.

Dialpad review by Jacob T.
Jacob T.

"Good interface, a little glitch "

What do you like best?

It's really easy to use, simple interface. Everything is easy to locate and use .

What do you dislike?

Like my title said, it glitches quite a bit. Our "Sales" section we created doesnt always show if a rep has called somebody back until after I call them, creating a pretty awkward situation on the phone.

It helps us having a few automated lines, but other than that it's just our basic phone service. It's smooth, easy to see, helpful for track some KPI's. Not sure of any benefits besides our call in lines and our direct numbers.

Dialpad review by User

"Review of Dialpad for business"

What do you like best?

We enjoy the freedom to be out of the office and receive calls via our mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we are not able to answer a call or the call shows as missed and the phone did not ring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended the product to a few other businesses in our industry as well as a realty friend of mine.

Our are now able to be away from the office without being out of the office. This gives our clients the assurance that we are always available for them.

Dialpad review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Turn Key / Psuh Button Phone System"

What do you like best?

Personalized phone system for each of our Insurance Agents. Being able to text screen shots of crucial decision making information to our prospects has closed many deals for our web based Agency. The ease of use and integration has not only has saved me a lot of time in training and supporting our staff. But also as a backup to our main call queue. Our agents are never left in the dark as long as they have a connection to the internet, they can work mobile or in the office. The capabilities of the Dialpad system have been outstanding.

What do you dislike?

The metrics for each line in the Admin console aren't too revealing. We would like to see all the info one can see in a traditional call Queue. From the call duration and time to caller id. The only thing currently displayed is a call count. That's weak. Almost useless. Also the ability to monitor calls or activity in real time. Seems like the few metrics displayed are delayed by over 12hrs. That's also very useless. If you want to target larger call center type companies you will have to cater to there requirements. Id love to call dialpad the only system. but for now its only a backup or way for our agents to continue their work at home. Which makes it worth it. Again kudos on the screen shot capability even though one needs to use hotkeys. that is great

1. as a backup to our main system when it goes down. 2. the ability to communicate with our clients more effectively than using email when they cannot talk on the phone. 3. Dialpad has lead to an substantial increase in closing ratios for our insurance agents.

Dialpad review by Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management
Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Business Consultant"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the fact that it makes me much faster. I can multi task with easy. The efficiency of Dial Pad is great. I am so glad that we have it now. Also it gives me the ability to be extremely accurate. A regular phone and the keyboard number keys are upside down making my brain confused!

What do you dislike?

If my computer freezes while on the phone i am doomed. Also i do not have a speaker phone access. If i step away from my computer i do not know that my phone has rang. I do not want to forward to my cell phone because of my job position at the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

click option to "not confirm" all numbers

I am solving being fast, efficient and multi tasking at all times.

Dialpad review by User

"Dialpad for office communications"

What do you like best?

I like that I can do everything relating to phone calls (answering, transferring, listening to voicemail) from my desktop, and that I can chat easily with staff members.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't exactly call it user friendly. I found a bit of a learning curve. There seems to be a ton of updates but I'm not sure what's changing. Also... I have to pay our dialpad bill via wire transfer which is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it over Skype for business.

We had several issues with our office phones, and dialpad helped to alleviate it.

Learn more about Dialpad

Dialpad Videos

Learning about Dialpad?

* We monitor all Dialpad reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.