Dialpad

The business phone system with the simplest, most elegant interface you've ever experienced.
Learn more

Great Product, still several bugs though.

Devin J.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Minor in Psychology, Strong Emphasis in Human Resources and Social Psychology
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

The texting feature has opened so many new avenues within our recruitment department.

The unlimited names you can save under each number helps with recognition, and you can view text and previous call history for a reminder on who and what the person is calling about.

What do you dislike?

Several glitches, such as when transfering a call, the only two option are 'send to voice mail' and 'call first' - if you call and they do not answer, then you either have to send them to voice mail.. you ought to be able to opt out of the transfer to find other options.

Many other glitches are just having to close the app and restart it because a option isn't visible and so forth.

Another problem would be that alot of the time Voicemail Notifications and Text Message Notifications don't come through until several hours later in mass.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It simplifies and keeps things easy to maintain. Try it, you'll like it.

Recruiting and Employee Relations has becoming simpler and easier all around.

Dialpad - the contemporary desk phone

February 02, 2018

11-50 employees

What do you like best?

I love that without forsaking the space and limitations of a traditional desk phone, we are able to have all of the same capabilities. With setting a voicemail, recording voicemails that can be accessed anywhere through my email, and the power to forward calls, we are able to have all of the essentials necessary to our operation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is a separate app that has to be open constantly - I am always leery of having too many applications open, but that is really the biggest concern. We switched to DialPad from Google Voice as well, where I could hear who was calling (they had to state their name) and could then decide if I wanted to send them to voicemail or take the call. That is a feature I'd like to see in Dialpad.

It is very easy to streamline communication now and also to see a nice review at the end of the week of top callers, how many missed calls, etc. I appreciate that simple report that I receive weekly. It has also been much easier than when we were using Google Voice, because our volume of messaging and calls was so high with Voice that we were kicked out and it was oftentimes unreliable. Dialpad is reliable.

Dialpad is great, but still needs some tweaks

Scott L.
Sales Consultant at Sales Performance International
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

Easy to use VOIP software. The computer version is clean and stable, and even my less technologically savvy coworkers had it down in no time at all.

What do you dislike?

Dialpad is still missing some really basic phone system functionality. For example, when the phone next to me rings I can't answer it from my station like I could on our old system. For example, when I'm on a call and hang up while the other lines are ringing, I can't just grab the incoming call. Transferring calls from the handset units is awkward, and departments are difficult to manage, while transferring on the computer software is easy and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need responsive support and a stable product, Dialpad is great. If you still need maximum functionality, you might need a different product until they get the additional features worked in.

Managing our voicemails and being able to send text messages through our computer is a huge asset for our dealership. CSE scores are improving due to the increased methods to reach out to customers.

Incredible app, needs some improvements.

Diego C.
Associate at Rosano Partners
Real Estate, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use from my Phone and computer and how it all seamlessly integrates with LinkedIn and Salesforce. Also the new feature that shows the caller ID when you dial a number is great.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are. I shortcuts to quickly copy and deal a number without having to click all over. We used to use 3CX at our office before and dialpad is way better but 3CX had a short cut where you could copy a number any where on your screen and press a hot key Cmd+3 on Mac and control+D on PC and that number would instantly be called by the system. This is a huge time saver and works everywhere unlink click to call, which is also slow to load.

The ability to text our clients from our phone has been huge and also the ability to maintain consistency through out all of our devices allows us to stay in better communication internally and with out clients.

Need help finding the right software?
Chat with a G2 Guide

DialPad Review

March 27, 2018

51-200 employees

What do you like best?

Ability to call and from any computer wherever you are. The app makes it easy to use on the go. The fax feature is easy to use and to upload files to be faxed.

What do you dislike?

The fax inability to customize a cover sheet without having it added as part of the document being faxed. No email confirmation of fax success or failure. You must check the status directly from the DialPad application or app. The inability to be on a call and send a fax at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that you cannot be on a call and also use it's fax feature at the same time. Also, if you need fax confirmation emails, this is also not an option.

Negates the use of physical fax machines and telephones. It's easily accessible since you are using your computer or app to make calls and/or send faxes.

Full of potential with some limitations expected of a new product

December 27, 2017

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

What do you like best?

The automatic transcription -- with the ability to customize using words that are relevant to your industry/company's field --is a fantastic feature. I also like the ability to dial in from any phone, which makes it easier to change conference rooms at the last minute. The customer support is very accessible, and though there have been some problems, they are responsive -- not only resolving issues , but taking into account and often implementing feature requests in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The transcriptions are oftentimes inaccurate, which can cause difficulties in deciphering what was said. Additionally, having to change the number you are dialing from -- though this feature is convenient in theory -- does take up an extra minute, and if you are waiting for a conference room, inevitably makes you tardy for conference calls with clients.

The transcriptions can be used to easily share with your management to hone in on what is working and what needs to be improved. The ability to see "% listening" is very helpful especially in a sales role -- learning opportunities to ask more questions and speak less.

Learning about Dialpad?