Dialpad

The business phone system with the simplest, most elegant interface you've ever experienced.
Learn more

Easy, Quick Business Phone System

June 19, 2016

Denny Basham, MBA, M.
â–ºCEO, Subsilio Consulting | We help mortgage companies & business owners boost revenue with Reputation Marketing
Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

What do you like best?

The setup was incredibly easy for this product. We were up and running in minutes and had ported all of our numbers within a matter of days. The interface is easy to use and ongoing admin is a piece-of-cake.

What do you dislike?

There are some features missing like immediate forwards to a non Dialpad number but other than that we love the system and use it for all of our calls now. Still no speech-to-text voice mail system which Google Voice has had to year (c'mon folks - roll this out already).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get the trial and play with this yourself. That is really the only way to really know if this system will work for you. Dialpad has a very high bang for the buck and is definitely easy to use so just play with it.

We needed a more sophisticated phone system without paying the big bucks from some other companies. This system was relatively easy to setup and had most of the major features we needed (IVR, phone menu trees with departments, etc). Overall this system saved us money and allowed us to remain in the cloud for portability.

It's a good program when used as intended

Anonymous

Banking

What do you like best?

I enjoy how the Dialpad app seamlessly integrates with Chrome and Gmail, linking all of my contact data. I also appreciate that it doubles as an instant messaging platform for quick messages sent between colleagues when an email would be unnecessary and cumbersome. Because it keeps everything in one place and tracks a lot of call data (date, time, length of call, who answered it, what call group it rang to, call transfers, etc.) it makes finding, tracking and reviewing information easier.

What do you dislike?

Dialpad was designed for use with web and computer based call structure. i.e. it functions best when run directly from the computer to a headset. The business that I work for is not able to use headsets and instead partners Dialpad with Obihai phone terminals. Sometimes the lag between the two components becomes inconvenient. For instance, if I hang up a call on my physical phone terminal and another call comes in a few seconds later, I'm not able to answer it because my physical device hasn't caught up to the web app. It's a fairly minor inconvenience in the long run, but still causes some headache. Also, because we are using physical phones, transferring calls can be inconvenient. Dialpad calls can be transferred directly in the app, which is much more expedient than using the phone terminals, but the 'Ask First' function only allows you to instant message the call recipient, as opposed to actually ringing their phone and allowing you to speak to them. Because most of my...

The call transfer issue is probably the most notable problem that we are trying to figure out how to solve. However, prior to Dialpad, each of our offices was on it's own phone grid. As such, we were unable to look up direct lines to colleagues at other locations or transfer calls to them. We had to transfer calls to the main number of each location and go from there. Dialpad has certainly made things more efficient in a lot of ways (although less efficient in terms of the call transfer issue).

Dialpad is one the best pc phone application ever!

Anonymous

Automotive, 11-50 employees

What do you like best?

My favorite feature from Dialpad is being able to text as well as call etc. It is a simple add-on that is too many times missed by other companies. Another awesome feature is being able to connect my personal phone number directly to Dialpad.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the little glitches that Dialpad is still working on. I totally understand that Dialpad is constantly improving. For instance, one glitch is getting a phonecall from dialpad and only after the phonecall my dialpad app starts sending me a notification that I am about to receive a phonecall. There is no delay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Dialpad to its full potential. There are many features that I am still discovering!

I communicate with customers and vendors constantly. Sometimes I need to send them picture messages or a message in general. Many customers prefer texting and this helps solve any communication block.

Great transition for the old office phones!

August 04, 2016

Jon D.
President at The Dancewear Corner
Retail

What do you like best?

We love the integration with our Google Business applications and most of all with the ability to make changes on the fly. No longer do we need to contact the provider in order to add or delete someone, change a message or make minor adjustments.

What do you dislike?

We have customer service agents and when the demand gets high there is no call waiting or even any alert letting them know there is another call coming in. It isn't practical to just have more operators standing by so we end up having lots of voice mails and then spend too much time chasing our customers down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the testing period and try to replicate any situation you have had using other systems.

Perfect for remote team members. Love the I Phone application.

Need help finding the right software?
Chat with a G2 Guide

Nice program that is getting better

Christopher B.
Service Manager at Andy Mohr Volkswagen
Automotive

What do you like best?

I like the dialpad interface. I enjoy the messaging capability of the app, and call center analytics and statistics.

What do you dislike?

Bugs. Call notification box is blank at times. incoming call notification box won't go away at times. It will show me on a call when I am not on a call. Lots of bugs have been fixed in the last few months though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the product is getting better with every update. I would definitely recommend others to use this product.

Our entire business is ran through dialpad. It appears to be a less expensive and capable phone system for our business.

Best calling app I've ever used.

February 08, 2018

Yoemely H.

2-10 employees

What do you like best?

I like that I can send and receive text messages, record calls, people can leave me voicemails and the Do not disturb option.

What do you dislike?

That they charge to call to Dominican Republic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just let your employees know they cannot make international calls.

As our company is in Dominican Republic if we want to call to The States we have to pay, so with this app we are saving money!

Learning about Dialpad?