Dialpad

The business phone system with the simplest, most elegant interface you've ever experienced.

Work for Dialpad?

Dialpad review by <span>Joshua P.</span>
Joshua P.

Dialpad is life changing

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Everything. Not having a traditional phone is awesome. Staff status (available/on phone/in meeting/DND) awesome. Unified messaging - awesome. Has completely changed our workflows and made our distributed team much more dynamic and connected. Oh yeah, and the voice quality is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There really is no major issue that I can think of...sometimes the mobile app is a little fussy, but recent updates seem to have cleared that up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free 30-day trial. Try it! If you are coming from traditional VOIP or PBX systems, moving to a truly easy to use and implement unified messaging platform is life-changing.

Unified messaging for a distributed workforce with a mix of BYOD and company issued devices. Ability to make and receive company voice/chat from BYOD without exposing personal mobile numbers. Ability to work on multiple platforms and from any Internet connected device even with low bandwidth.

Showing 107 Dialpad reviews
Dialpad review by <span>Tyler S.</span>
Tyler S.
Validated Review

Great on the Surface, some issues with use

Validated Review
What do you like best?

- Affordable

- Pretty intuitive / user friendly

- Like the settings interface, including call menus

- Desktop & mobile apps

- Texting

What do you dislike?

- Desktop app bug where the badge icon does not update properly for missed calls. I have been reporting this for months with no progress by tech support. I lose business when there is a missed call and I don't know about it right away (and there is no ring because it goes to main line call menu).

- Voicemail transcription poor-to-mediocre (at least compared to Google Voice)

- Setup issues with Obi voip device; specifically, it doesn't allow you to share your device with other VoiP service providers without a manual hack (which is what I'm doing so I can still use the device for a personal GV #), although this may be causing other issues

- Customer service underwhelming. First tier is overseas office that while friendly & responsive usually isn't helpful and just end up sending it up the chain to someone who can help. Forum isn't really used. Live chat unreliable and still first tier people. Overall, slow response times and still have unresolved issues. Feels like 10 people work at Dialpad, both in customer service & sales, despite appearing to be a well funded growing company.

- Have had numerous technical issues, most but not all were eventually resolved, including dropped calls, ringing delays, etc.

- As a single user using Dialpad, there is no efficient way to see all new activity across departments; I have to check each one individually. Plus, it doesn't aggregate the same caller activity across departments in one place -- it treats them separately even if the same phone number.

I really wish they would focus more on the fundamentals of their product more before caring about adding new sexy features that are better for marketing. Using a robust forum for getting user feedback (e.g., with voting) could be helpful. I will likely be sticking with them for now since there are enough areas I like and they seem to continue to be working on the product, but I'm just not sure they are focused enough on solving my problems/issues above.

Inexpensive phone number and service

Call menus with routing, including to voicemails

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dialpad
Dialpad review by <span>Sheldon Z.</span>
Sheldon Z.

Great Alternative to the Desk Phone

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The best thing about Dialpad is the fact that you can ditch your desk phone completely. They do have an option to program a VOIP phone to work with Dialpad, but we've never tried that. Their Uberconference is also really nice because it works with the Dialpad system and allows for a really easy conferencing solution.

What do you dislike?

The one problem that we've had is the app has occasionally had to be deleted and reinstalled on some computers. This isn't a common problem, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend getting Dialpad. If you're not sure, get the free trial and take it for a test run.

We were using RingCentral and were looking for something different because of their cost and horrible service. Dialpad was our option! We love the fact that it is incredibly easy to use, both as a user and an administrator. The system is really easy to scale and much less expensive than getting a new desk phone every time a new person joins the team.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Dialpad review by <span>Sarah F.</span>
Sarah F.

Dialpad for Small Office

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I enjoy the portability of Dialpad and the ease of transferring calls to others in the office, as well as the chat features. Dialpad's function of having the call ring to your phone in a noticeable way (a red bar appears at the top of your screen and the call pops up with the caller's ID and says it is from Dialpad) is very innovative and allows me to screen work calls apart from personal calls. It is nice it is so customizable as far as using Wifi or your cell company to receive calls, allows you to call or text from your Dialpad number, etc.

What do you dislike?

The app does tend to crash at times, where you cannot answer it on your phone and thus miss the call. Also, if you are on a current call and someone else calls, it does not give you the option of which call to hold or take, but rather puts your current call on hold and immediately has the other one as "ringing". You then have the option to hold that call and resume your other one, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution to going cell-based. Would recommend perhaps one desk phone for the reception desk. Allows you to work anywhere. Allows privacy and is customizable. Glitches require patience, as with most technology.

It works especially well in our office as we do not have a full-time receptionist, thus others can take over the phone answering capabilities with the multi-user function. Assistants can also see and take calls for their superiors. It is more affordable than desk phones and allows you to receive and screen calls away from the office, if you wish.

Dialpad review by <span>Marisa N.</span>
Marisa N.

Ease of Entry for Smartphone-Literate

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love how EASY this was to set up right off the bat, and how it allows our staff to be mobile in and out of the office. The apps are well-designed, customer and technical support are incredibly helpful and responsive, and you don't need to have an IT background to operate it to its maximum potential.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot block numbers, that contacts cannot be synced across an organization, and that it can be confusing to use for the smartphone-illiterate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before implementing, be sure that you have plenty of staff members who are comfortable using app-based phone systems and work solutions. This will make it easier to seamlessly implement!

Our traditional phone system was not working for us. We had desk phones, cell phones, fax machines, conference lines, honestly way too many pieces of technology to keep track of! Now, we have a home base for all of our office communication. With Dialpad's connection to Uberconference, our entire phone experience is streamlined.

Dialpad review by <span>Devin J.</span>
Devin J.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The texting feature has opened so many new avenues within our recruitment department.

The unlimited names you can save under each number helps with recognition, and you can view text and previous call history for a reminder on who and what the person is calling about.

What do you dislike?

Several glitches, such as when transfering a call, the only two option are 'send to voice mail' and 'call first' - if you call and they do not answer, then you either have to send them to voice mail.. you ought to be able to opt out of the transfer to find other options.

Many other glitches are just having to close the app and restart it because a option isn't visible and so forth.

Another problem would be that alot of the time Voicemail Notifications and Text Message Notifications don't come through until several hours later in mass.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It simplifies and keeps things easy to maintain. Try it, you'll like it.

Recruiting and Employee Relations has becoming simpler and easier all around.

Dialpad review by Administrator

Dialpad - the contemporary desk phone

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that without forsaking the space and limitations of a traditional desk phone, we are able to have all of the same capabilities. With setting a voicemail, recording voicemails that can be accessed anywhere through my email, and the power to forward calls, we are able to have all of the essentials necessary to our operation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is a separate app that has to be open constantly - I am always leery of having too many applications open, but that is really the biggest concern. We switched to DialPad from Google Voice as well, where I could hear who was calling (they had to state their name) and could then decide if I wanted to send them to voicemail or take the call. That is a feature I'd like to see in Dialpad.

It is very easy to streamline communication now and also to see a nice review at the end of the week of top callers, how many missed calls, etc. I appreciate that simple report that I receive weekly. It has also been much easier than when we were using Google Voice, because our volume of messaging and calls was so high with Voice that we were kicked out and it was oftentimes unreliable. Dialpad is reliable.

Learning about Dialpad?

* We monitor all Dialpad reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.