Digital Pigeon

Large file delivery and service for digital media producers and creatives. File receiving, media previews, client feedback and tracking.

Work for Digital Pigeon?

Learning about Digital Pigeon?

Digital Pigeon Reviews

Ask Digital Pigeon a Question
Showing 14 Digital Pigeon reviews
Digital Pigeon review by <span>John B.</span>
John B.

"The absolute best file sharing company bar none"

What do you like best?

Digital Pigeon stand alone at the pinnacle of file sharing companies. While other companies promise the world, Digital pigeon actually deliver and here's why.

Massive files can be shared very securely and faster than by any other means in a highly customizable interface in a truly unlimited way. Many other services will throttle your delivery speed or number of downloads once you hit a certain threshold for sharing large files, but they don't tell you what that threshold will be until you hit it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have a folder with thousands of files and because of their file structure system you can't upload these files at a root level. It's simple to fix by just embedding them in a folder before uploading but I do forget sometimes !

Recommendations to others considering the product

compare the maximum file size you can upload. Even the unlimited services you'll find do have limits if you have to share a large file with a lot of people.

1. The only company that let's you have very large individual files. I have some single Quicktimes that are larger than 10Gb. All the other file sharing companies choke on very large files.

2. Personalised sharing and uploads. They allow you to highly customise and create your own page for sharing individual files.

3. No limits or throttling on downloads of large files when you share large files with many people.

4. Able to display almost every kind of visual file. Even obscure file formats like DNG come up in a web page to view. and plenty of options for video file playback interface.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Digital Pigeon
Digital Pigeon review by <span>Tonči B.</span>
Tonči B.

"Digital Pigeon rules!"

What do you like best?

I looove everything about it! I cannot imagine my work without it! How otherwise could I distribute my show on so many TVs in a blink of an eye? How could I not be amazed by the fact that I'm instantly noticed when any one of these access my file? And I know that they appreciate the possibility to preview the file before downloading it!

What do you dislike?

Actually, nothing. But if you want more characters, I'll repeat: actually, nothing! :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend it!

As I said, fast and reliable distribution of my show to quite a lot of TV stations, with the extremely useful feature of being noticed when any of these access my file. Plus preview feature, of course... and last but not least, months of accessibility to my files.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Paul E.</span>
Paul E.

"Helps my website design an digital marketing agency business more than I could have imagined"

What do you like best?

Being able to send clients their own upload link so that I can receive files from them is our main use for this tool. For web agencies, getting content from clients is always the hardest part of a project. Digital Pigeon makes the management of this so much simpler.

I also like receiving alerts when things are happening via Slack.

What do you dislike?

I have no issues with the software. It's obviously incredibly fast and reliable - and it just works.

Getting large amounts of content from clients. Without a doubt, this has made the whole process simpler. But we know you use it to send work to our clients with their own branding. They always comment on how professional the file service is and like that's it intuitive.

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Tim H.</span>
Tim H.

"Your client review delivery method search ends here. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, view notifications, speed. Uploads are much faster than WeTransfer, Hightail or Dropbox, and you can have the app notify you when your client/recipient views their file - this alone makes it worthwhile! Fantastic customisable branded interface gives your business a professional look. And most importantly, it's very easy to use!!

What do you dislike?

At this stage, can't import gmail contacts. Also, no android app. Major Bummer! Hopefully this will change soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it!

The fact you can be notified when a client views their file is a big one for me. They can then share it amongst their recipients (this is also customisable) with your branding still intact too. It's solid, I've never had an error. And you can keep your files on the server for as long as you like. (plan dependent)

Another hidden surprise - you can easily stream the file on your phone quickly - the app downconverts a high res file for quick playback on a mobile device.

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Shane R.</span>
Shane R.

"Perfect solution for all my client needs"

What do you like best?

I like that I can send any file type...not only Quicktime movies...but audio files or project files. I'm not limited only to upload video for clients to review, I can get them elements of the projects as well. And I LOVE that we get notifications when a client accesses and downloads or views what we post. Because then you can either remind them when a lot of time has passed when you posted it, or prod them for notes if too much time is passing, and the clients can't lie and say "Oh, i haven't seen it yet."

I like that I don't need to tie it to clients. I don't need to authorize a select few people to "collaborate" with. I have my regular clients, and then I have the occasional one-off clients that I need to send things to...and I don't need to add them to any collaboration list, I just add their email and they can see it. They can also forward the email to other to view.

And I can use it to send my mom and dad a quick video of the kids without posting it to YouTube...give them something to download.

I like that things remain on the server for a specified time of my choosing. Either the default 90 days, or indefinitely. Up to me. As I have clients who consistently need to access a file, who don't download things.

What do you dislike?

That a client can't send something my way. They need to use Google Drive or WeTransfer. But it's not that big of a deal...not a deal breaker by ANY means.

I'm solving getting video files to clients to watch, and to download and watch, or keep...without needing to post on VIMEO or YOUTUBE and password protect. I can get them not only video files, but data files as well, project files, or music, or pictures.

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Darius F.</span>
Darius F.

"Fastest and most elegant file transfer service around"

What do you like best?

Firstly, you cant look past the sheer speed of the uploads and downloads. We've used everything and honestly, nothing else can compete. Digital Pigeon will use as much bandwidth as you can throw at it. We're using a Fibre 100/40 connection and are sending files ranging from a few hundred megs up to 200GB at a time. Speed is important for us as a business because our clients don't like to wait (and to be honest, neither do we).

Secondly, it looks great. All our download pages are custom branded and recipients receive nicely formatted emails when they have files to access. It makes for a really slick user experience for our own customers, and it helps maintain our brand.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that we dislike, more just features that we would love to see in the future. eg. Keyboard shortcuts in the desktop app, integration with a ITTT service etc. But these are all cherries on top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use WeTransfer, Dropbox, Hightail etc to send files, then you'll be amazed by how fast and reliable Digital Pigeon is. And the people receiving the files will love it too.

This software has become a core tool for us at Post Lab IO and we use it every day on every single job. We're a services business and the product our customers take away are FILES. So the way in which our customers receive their files from us is super important.

Everyone I've recommended this to has loved it, and its becoming the default tool of choice for post-production companies in Melbourne.

Large file transfers, file access and video previews have always been the bane of post-production. Our processes with clients are very repetitive, we export a video, upload to a video sharing service, send them a link. When you're doing this dozen of times a day, and for multiple clients, it starts to get messy. And you lose out on our own brand to whichever video sharing site you use. With DP, the time-consuming part is automated, we export the video and drop it into DP, its up and away within minutes and the client gets an email.

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Chris W.</span>
Chris W.

"Digital Pigeon helped me nail online delivery of entries to the Someday Challenge"

What do you like best?

I love that we have been able to set up a simple system that entrants to our film competition can use to deliver their films without first needing to contact us or set up file delivery systems etc. I wanted a drag and drop system that was as easy as YouTube and it's turned out to be even easier which is crucial for the range of entrants we have.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Digital Pigeon. They are a responsive service who have bent over backwards to assist our organisation and I'm pleased to be associated with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fast, simple and reliable so I highly recommend it.

We needed a simple delivery system that didn't require excessive management on our part and was simple for film-makers to use. Digital Pigeon's system has released us from confusing set-ups that don't work well for the film-makers or us.

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Belinda B.</span>
Belinda B.

"Great file sharing software"

What do you like best?

The Pigeon, is great, it's easy to use, either from iphones or computers.

What do you dislike?

We have a few people accessing the pigeon at our end and we can't see who's downloaded the files, so sometimes get confusing for our staff. Would love a feature to be able to see that files have been downloaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great software, 1000 times easier and better than dropbox...

We found immediate benefit when starting to use this software. Our clients can quickly send over files without having to sign up to any program, simple drag & drop...!!!

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Barney C.</span>
Barney C.

"fantastic "

What do you like best?

The fact my clients can view their files immediately on whatever platform they have at hand. I can also monitor whether my clients received their files and if they have watched them.

Customer service is absolutely phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

not a lot, possibly the filing of used files but that really isn't too much of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go. The few extra sheckles a year are well worth it, you'll be glad you made the change.

Sending files reliably with satisfied customers at the other end.

Digital Pigeon review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Fantastic service, great funcionality and speed, awesome product"

What do you like best?

I'm a photographer and 99% of my workflow is digital, so sending image proofs and large files is something I do everyday and Digital Pigeon just makes the process so freaking easy.

The desktop app works well, and being able to send a download link to my clients where they can actually see, edit and markup the images is invaluable.

I like how this product is tailored to creative professionals like me, whereas every other product I've tried in this field seems to be for corporates.

What do you dislike?

For the most part nothing, it runs like a dream, looks good and is fast.

If i had one bugbear it would be that I'd like the interface to be more visual (for visual people), not so word heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though it's on the pricier side, the reliability, design and functionality make it highly recommended (and I have recommended it many, many times).

DP allows me to send jobs out fast, reliably whilst looking good to my clients.

Digital Pigeon review by <span>David C.</span>
David C.

"Awesome product, exceptional service, but desperately needs and Android App."

What do you like best?

Speed of transfers and customer service.

What do you dislike?

Constantly having to sign in. No Android App.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. If you need the fastest possible send speeds for file transfers, use DP.

Time-critical media file delivery for television news and other clients.

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Ryan M.</span>
Ryan M.

"Lifesaver!"

What do you like best?

Great upload speeds coupled with a slick interface. The ability to set expiry times of uploaded files is also well thought out.

What do you dislike?

Keeps asking me to review the product and tell my friends - I cant tell enough people how good Digital Pigeon is! :-)

The ability to upload files reliably and fast to my clients is critical to my business - Digital Pigeon delivers. (Pun intended)

Digital Pigeon review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Fast efficient and they listen"

What do you like best?

Love the speed, the reliability, the ease of use but best of all is the customer service. If you ever have any questions or concerns the response times are amazing. As a company we have tried all the digital delivery systems and this one stands out by a mile.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it just works smoothly and efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go...you won't regret it!

Obviously the need for couriers has disappeared from our business, but working on projects with overseas clients it's great to have the ability to upload to various overseas servers

Digital Pigeon review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

The interface.. Very easy to use. Both sending and receiving is very easy.. Nevet had a Customer Who couldnt figure it out.

And I very much Like that you can customize your download page

What do you dislike?

A little pricy, but i Think its worth it.. Would Like to customize the outgoing e-mail adress

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Will NOT get disapointed

Send large files and especially many files at once... And the graphic interface allows you to only download the files you need

Learning about Digital Pigeon?

* We monitor all Digital Pigeon reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.