Digital Pigeon

Large file delivery and service for digital media producers and creatives. File receiving, media previews, client feedback and tracking.

Work for Digital Pigeon?
Cloudapp filestor shar  2x

Learning about Digital Pigeon?

Digital Pigeon Reviews

Ask Digital Pigeon a Question
Showing 10 Digital Pigeon reviews
Digital Pigeon review by <span>John B.</span>
John B.

The absolute best file sharing company bar none

What do you like best?

Digital Pigeon stand alone at the pinnacle of file sharing companies. While other companies promise the world, Digital pigeon actually deliver and here's why.

Massive files can be shared very securely and faster than by any other means in a highly customizable interface in a truly unlimited way. Many other services will throttle your delivery speed or number of downloads once you hit a certain threshold for sharing large files, but they don't tell you what that threshold will be until you hit it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have a folder with thousands of files and because of their file structure system you can't upload these files at a root level. It's simple to fix by just embedding them in a folder before uploading but I do forget sometimes !

Recommendations to others considering the product

compare the maximum file size you can upload. Even the unlimited services you'll find do have limits if you have to share a large file with a lot of people.

1. The only company that let's you have very large individual files. I have some single Quicktimes that are larger than 10Gb. All the other file sharing companies choke on very large files.

2. Personalised sharing and uploads. They allow you to highly customise and create your own page for sharing individual files.

3. No limits or throttling on downloads of large files when you share large files with many people.

4. Able to display almost every kind of visual file. Even obscure file formats like DNG come up in a web page to view. and plenty of options for video file playback interface.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Digital Pigeon
Digital Pigeon review by <span>Tonči B.</span>
Tonči B.

Digital Pigeon rules!

What do you like best?

I looove everything about it! I cannot imagine my work without it! How otherwise could I distribute my show on so many TVs in a blink of an eye? How could I not be amazed by the fact that I'm instantly noticed when any one of these access my file? And I know that they appreciate the possibility to preview the file before downloading it!

What do you dislike?

Actually, nothing. But if you want more characters, I'll repeat: actually, nothing! :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend it!

As I said, fast and reliable distribution of my show to quite a lot of TV stations, with the extremely useful feature of being noticed when any of these access my file. Plus preview feature, of course... and last but not least, months of accessibility to my files.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Paul E.</span>
Paul E.

Helps my website design an digital marketing agency business more than I could have imagined

What do you like best?

Being able to send clients their own upload link so that I can receive files from them is our main use for this tool. For web agencies, getting content from clients is always the hardest part of a project. Digital Pigeon makes the management of this so much simpler.

I also like receiving alerts when things are happening via Slack.

What do you dislike?

I have no issues with the software. It's obviously incredibly fast and reliable - and it just works.

Getting large amounts of content from clients. Without a doubt, this has made the whole process simpler. But we know you use it to send work to our clients with their own branding. They always comment on how professional the file service is and like that's it intuitive.

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Darius F.</span>
Darius F.

Fastest and most elegant file transfer service around

What do you like best?

Firstly, you cant look past the sheer speed of the uploads and downloads. We've used everything and honestly, nothing else can compete. Digital Pigeon will use as much bandwidth as you can throw at it. We're using a Fibre 100/40 connection and are sending files ranging from a few hundred megs up to 200GB at a time. Speed is important for us as a business because our clients don't like to wait (and to be honest, neither do we).

Secondly, it looks great. All our download pages are custom branded and recipients receive nicely formatted emails when they have files to access. It makes for a really slick user experience for our own customers, and it helps maintain our brand.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that we dislike, more just features that we would love to see in the future. eg. Keyboard shortcuts in the desktop app, integration with a ITTT service etc. But these are all cherries on top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use WeTransfer, Dropbox, Hightail etc to send files, then you'll be amazed by how fast and reliable Digital Pigeon is. And the people receiving the files will love it too.

This software has become a core tool for us at Post Lab IO and we use it every day on every single job. We're a services business and the product our customers take away are FILES. So the way in which our customers receive their files from us is super important.

Everyone I've recommended this to has loved it, and its becoming the default tool of choice for post-production companies in Melbourne.

Large file transfers, file access and video previews have always been the bane of post-production. Our processes with clients are very repetitive, we export a video, upload to a video sharing service, send them a link. When you're doing this dozen of times a day, and for multiple clients, it starts to get messy. And you lose out on our own brand to whichever video sharing site you use. With DP, the time-consuming part is automated, we export the video and drop it into DP, its up and away within minutes and the client gets an email.

Digital Pigeon review by <span>Chris W.</span>
Chris W.

Digital Pigeon helped me nail online delivery of entries to the Someday Challenge

What do you like best?

I love that we have been able to set up a simple system that entrants to our film competition can use to deliver their films without first needing to contact us or set up file delivery systems etc. I wanted a drag and drop system that was as easy as YouTube and it's turned out to be even easier which is crucial for the range of entrants we have.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Digital Pigeon. They are a responsive service who have bent over backwards to assist our organisation and I'm pleased to be associated with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fast, simple and reliable so I highly recommend it.

We needed a simple delivery system that didn't require excessive management on our part and was simple for film-makers to use. Digital Pigeon's system has released us from confusing set-ups that don't work well for the film-makers or us.

Digital Pigeon review by User in Photography
User in Photography

Fantastic service, great funcionality and speed, awesome product

What do you like best?

I'm a photographer and 99% of my workflow is digital, so sending image proofs and large files is something I do everyday and Digital Pigeon just makes the process so freaking easy.

The desktop app works well, and being able to send a download link to my clients where they can actually see, edit and markup the images is invaluable.

I like how this product is tailored to creative professionals like me, whereas every other product I've tried in this field seems to be for corporates.

What do you dislike?

For the most part nothing, it runs like a dream, looks good and is fast.

If i had one bugbear it would be that I'd like the interface to be more visual (for visual people), not so word heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though it's on the pricier side, the reliability, design and functionality make it highly recommended (and I have recommended it many, many times).

DP allows me to send jobs out fast, reliably whilst looking good to my clients.

Learning about Digital Pigeon?

* We monitor all Digital Pigeon reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.