DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean provides the best tools to control your virtual server in the cloud. Learn how we deliver the most intuitive interface and features so you can start building your web infrastructure today.

Work for DigitalOcean?
Google computeengine 2x

Learning about DigitalOcean?

DigitalOcean Reviews

Showing 159 DigitalOcean reviews
DigitalOcean review by <span>Nathan B.</span>
Nathan B.

Awesome Customer support

What do you like best?

the best thing and the one thing stands out from similar services out there is the customer support offered by the digital ocean. I had many troubles with WordPress and accessing the servers from the first day. the customer service was always there for me and fixed the issue each time within minutes. absolutely delighted. they also offer a free trial that gave me $50 in free credits to test their services and it lasted good 6-8 months and i have to say i'm more than impressed. the servers are fast and my website started to load with a blink of an eye. even after the trial, its really affordable and they got a plan for everybody irrespective of your budget;. all their servers are equipped with SSD's so that your servers will be blazing fast and website respond as well as loading time will be really cut down short. they also offer a wide range of operating systems and scripts for you to choose for installing on the servers. the setup of servers is also pretty quick you just need a few clicks and done. its also pretty easy to manage or destroy a server you've created. the interface sin't really complicated and most users won't have a trouble moving through the website.

What do you dislike?

they dont offer windows servers and I really find this as a downside of the host. i also had a few troubles with the SSH access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the servers are great as well as the customer support and i highly recommend yo ut ogo with digital ocean even thou you can find cheaper services in the web.

Hosting my websites on the cloud as well as running applications on cloud servers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DigitalOcean
DigitalOcean review by <span>Maxim A.</span>
Maxim A.

Love it

What do you like best?

Ability to deploy, upgrade or downgrade server specs as needed at any point + flexible pricing. For example, at some point a certain project would not compile due to low end server specs. I was able to easily upgrade the server, compile the project and downgrade the server back. If I need to test some software I can deploy a new server with one-click configuration in a few minutes, test the software and discard the server.

Another great thing is community guides. Plenty of useful information to help deploy and configure various software and environments. DigitalOcean dashboard is nice and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I had at some point is outgoing email delivery due to blacklisted IP address. Some email providers had to blacklist a whole range of IPs belonging to Digital Ocean. This might be a result of how easy it is to deploy a server and abuse it for unsolicited email delivery. To be fair it’s something that any cloud provider might experience and DO support was quite helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a referral link to get free credit to try the service

I’m running web sites for my own software products. Nothing big, so a cheap low end server spec is enough for me. I’ve been using DigitalOcean for a few years now and I'm happy with it.

What Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution do you use?

DigitalOcean review by <span>Amy F.</span>
Amy F.

Fast Severs,Awesome Support

What do you like best?

I moved to the digital ocean to host my website in the cloud as it could help my on-page SEO by reducing the website loading speed. I was really impressed by the Service provided by them, the servers are fast and really easy to configure. within a few clicks, you can easily create a server with WordPress preinstalled on them. they also gave me a free trial worth $20 which helped me to test the server for a period of around 4 months. another great thing is the pricing, its real customer friendly and can be afforded by everyone. I have to mention the support here, they are really great. I didn't know much about hosting in the cloud and ran into many issues with my WordPress setup. every time the digital ocean support was there to help me out. the website comes with a beautiful user-friendly interface, I had no trouble navigating through the site. the uptime provided is really impressive, in the whole time I was with the digital ocean only once my website went down that too the mistake was on my side. their servers run on SSD, so don't have to say how fast they are. my website started loading in a blink of an eye and surely helped mine on page SEO.

What do you dislike?

this is not the cheapest service for cloud hosting in the market, there are several companies that offer similar server specifications for a cheaper price. once they put my account under verification for no reason at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the servers are blazing fast. i do recommend you to try them.

Hosting my WordPress blog on cloud

DigitalOcean review by <span>Neil H.</span>
Neil H.

Blazing Fast Severs

What do you like best?

the best thing about Digital ocean is the speed of the servers and its the one quality that impressed me the most about them.all of the servers got SSD in them so that your website will load in a blink of a second. i used to host my website in shared hostings and the speed increased exponentially since moving to cloud hostings. the pricing is also cheap, you can get web hosting services starting at just $5 per month which is pretty impressive compared to the quality of service offered. the customer service is another perk about the digital ocean, I had no knowledge on cloud hosting before when moving to the digital ocean and ran into many errors, the customer service was always there for me and replied almost instantly to the queries. the setup is pretty easy, the digital ocean dashboard is really simple and quite easily move around the website. the server setup is very straightforward and you can deploy servers which is called droplets with only few clicks. the servers can be made to run on a variety of scripts and popular operating systems as per ones need.

What do you dislike?

the payment gateway can be troublesome and i frequently got my card denied for so reason at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is one of the best cloud hosting providers in the market, go with them.

Hosting websites in cloud servers. the service is great and the servers are incredibly fast. my website started to load much faster.

DigitalOcean review by <span>martin l.</span>
martin l.

Fast but Not cheap

What do you like best?

the performance of the servers is really great, they are fast and powerful. used it to host my domain and the speed of the loading is really impressive. the customer service is also great,, usually, they respond within minutes to your queries. The setup of the servers and interface is also great and noobie friendly. back in the time, i didn't know much about cloud computing but the way around digital ocean was so easy and i had no trouble navigating or setting up the servers. another great thing with Digital Ocean was the Free trial offer that allows users to test their server for a period of 60 days. I too started out with their Free trial and really liked the performance provided by them. they also have a lot of servers all across the globe to choose from.

What do you dislike?

the billing is really troublesome, sometimes it works sometimes it won't, it's really frustrating. another problem with the digital ocean is with the web console, it always fails when I try to log in and eventually contacted the support and got it fixed. the pricing is not the cheapest, you can get servers with same specifications for a cheaper price from competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they are fast but not the cheapest. so choose according to your need.

Hosting my websites on Cloud, the servers are really fast and my website loads much faster after moving to the digital ocean.

DigitalOcean review by <span>John R.</span>
John R.

The Best Cloud Service out There.

What do you like best?

I started out using Digital Ocean through their free Credit Promotion which offered $50 towards using their Servers. It tried it for about a month and my website never went down a single minute while I'm with them so I decided to choose their servers to host my website permentanly.. the performance of the servers is of superior quality. also, the customer support provided by the digital ocean is quite satisfactory. they used to respond to any queries within minutes.

What do you dislike?

THe cost, Comparing to other cloud providers out in the market, the service provided by Digital ocean is a bit Costly that for someone starting out their business it can be a burden on them. I had few troubles with them at the beginning, once they put my account on hold because they thought that something was suspicious of the account and they resolved it within few minutes, another issue I had with them is with the interface also the options provided by them is so confusing that as a noob i had few trouble setting up my servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its one of the faster servers in the market. you won't be disappointed.

Cloud servers used to host my websites and create regular backups.

Learning about DigitalOcean?

* We monitor all DigitalOcean reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.