DiscoverOrg

DiscoverOrg

(1,076)

DiscoverOrg provides accurate, integrated, and actionable sales and marketing intelligence - including in-depth company, contact, org charts, and buying trigger data.

Work for DiscoverOrg?

Learning about DiscoverOrg?

DiscoverOrg Reviews

Ask DiscoverOrg a Question
Showing 1,076 DiscoverOrg reviews
DiscoverOrg review by Francesca B.
Francesca B.

"Great program with up to date info"

What do you like best?

I love the option to see valuable insights on the company to include the technologies their leveraging. It's important for our selling organization to have an idea what their utilizing to date and where- network, applications, CRM etc.. Also the org chart information is very extensive- not only does it show me the executives and their ranking but also routes me to their LinkedIn. Similar companies tab can also help when it comes to identifying competitors.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more SFDC friendly in terms of integration and sometimes when I go to click on other platforms out of Discover Org it takes awhile to route me there. Within the scoops I was wondering if they could perhaps source where they are extrapolating the articles from and how valid they are because I'm not sure where exactly their coming from- a reputable source?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think overall Discover org has done a good job at progressing their ability to do more with the platform. However, the process to reinstall the program to get more features is intricate- I have to reach out to our DiscoverOrg rep for help more then I feel like I should to make sure I'm getting the most out of my license.

I'm able to see most up to date information on a company to include what their IT budget is and who the decision makers might be within the org chart

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DiscoverOrg
DiscoverOrg review by JC Q.
JC Q.

"Stellar prospecting tool "

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is the key component to prospecting and obtaining information on certain companies across the globe. The ability to search by region, vertical/industry, employee count or revenue give my team access to a myriad of contacts.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to add more of the smaller companies (100+ employees). We work with a lot of start-up's and having access to their contacts would be huge in our prospecting process. The search feature only allows users to choose from whats on their autocomplete, rather than being able to just search and see a list of results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As previously stated, DiscoverOrg provides a myriad of prospecting capabilities. The ability to search using different filters makes the process more streamline and less frustrating. My favorite is search by the company's "technologies", for example "using Hadoop, Elastic, AWS etc." this gives us insight to which specific technologies that segment is using which helps us tailor our messaging.

Our company is fortunate enough to have inbound inquiries, yet a sales organization cannot solely rely on these methods. Outbound prospecting is as crucial to gaining leverage within our industry and making sure we proactively reach out to all potential customers. DiscoverOrg gives us the ability to import contacts directly into Salesforce, which saves a lot of time and tedious input.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

DiscoverOrg review by Jonathan F.
Jonathan F.

"The best at what they do"

What do you like best?

Detailed contact data that is updated on a regular basis. Many other databases have outdated information that proves to be wildly incorrect. We've not had that issue with DiscoverOrg.

What do you dislike?

The scope of companies they research tends to be weighted on the large end. We've been told by our account rep that they prioritize research requests from larger clients like Google which can push our needs to the back of the queue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's expensive - no question. But if you are struggling to identify company information and contacts quickly and reliably, then DiscoverOrg can be worth the investment. Understand going in that they won't have every company you want, but if you work with your account rep to get your research requests prioritized, you can find a lot of value. Start with a few datasets and grow once you know who you want to be in touch with.

The most challenging part of lead gen for us is finding the right people to begin a conversation with. DiscoverOrg does this work for us for the companies they have profiled.

DiscoverOrg review by Cameron C.
Cameron C.

"outstanding sales intelligence solution for our outbound efforts"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has been a great marketing and sales intelligence solution for myself and the rest of our sales development team. DiscoverOrg has allowed me to accurately identify specific accounts and prospects to outreach to regarding our solution. The solution has significantly impacted my Account-Based Sales/Marketing methodology with access to the right information (intelligence) for my outbound efforts. With the acquisition of RainKing, DiscoverOrg is clearly the leader in the sales intelligence industry and I wouldn't search anywhere else for another solution.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike with a solution like DiscoverOrg that is focused on enabling sales and marketing teams with the most accurate prospect information. It would be great if they built in a sync with CRMs to identify when accounts and prospects are already within your CRM ecosystem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Phenomenal product for identifying accounts and prospects to outbound to for your services.

DiscoverOrg is providing our sales team with access to the most accurate account and prospect data for our outbound efforts in driving meetings and closed business. The solution is certainly increasing our connect rates and interactions with prospects.

DiscoverOrg review by Christen D.
Christen D.

"Great Prospecting Software for Marketing & Sales"

What do you like best?

This software has many informational fields to create targeted prospect lists based on role, industry, company size by employees or by revenue.

What do you dislike?

Some of the contact data is not as up to date as sold with many people no longer at the company or not tagged as in the right role. In addition, while the software is sold as an "opt in" with permission, it is clear that some contacts are not aware they are on a targeted list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider this product if you are looking for ways to jump-start lead generation efforts within marketing and sales. I like how the software allows you to create prospect lists by industry, role and company size. However, be aware that although contacts have opted in to a list, they have not necessarily opted in to your marketing or sales list.

We were launching a new brand and had to build a marketing program from scratch - as we didn't have a marketing list or prospect list to start lead generation email marketing efforts. Although we sent quite a few emails to large lists in the beginning, we have realized higher than average email open rates and click throughs, so we are very pleased with the engagement from contacts within the program.

DiscoverOrg review by Gregory G.
Gregory G.

"Large, easy to navigate prospect database "

What do you like best?

Easy to save and sort prospects

Plethora of advanced search options

Compatibility and ease of use when uploading to CRM

They have the "right" contacts - decision makers from multiple areas of the business

Mulitple subscription options based on what your target market is

Frequent organizational triggers provide talking points and awareness to organizational initiatives

Customize-able alerts

Seamless integration with Salesforce allowing you to view information without navigating to other web pages

What do you dislike?

Occasionally outdated or incorrect technologies

ERP information often includes products no longer used at that organization

Occasional slow performance

DiscoverOrg allows me to grow my prospect base with majority accurate information. I'm identifying the correct people at organizations that I should be prospecting to. It also allows me to confirm accounts already in our system have the right contacts we should be reaching out to.

DiscoverOrg review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Fantastic Fortune 1000 and Alexa 5000 contacts"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg BY FAR has the best contact information I've ever seen for the biggest companies in the U.S. BY FAR. One time, a senior security staff member was upset with me because I had his direct line. It's a testament to the quality of data you're receiving. Someone who goes to great lengths to remove all information on themselves online still shows up in DiscoverOrg with high-quality data.

What do you dislike?

Very little. I'm very impressed by both the platform and the support at DiscoverOrg. Sometimes the data can be stale, but by no means as stale as the other data providers. The platform can be difficult to navigate and slice/dice data because of the sheer volume of information provided. Once, I had a hard time connecting with the support team and had to wait on hold for a while, but other than that the Support team was very helpful in returning my calls and emails!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to clearly understand your objectives before considering this platform. It's not cheap!

We're successfully scaling our Enterprise team because of the data provided. Direct lines. Direct emails. All great data! Our issue with other data providers has been solved (specifically for the Fortune 1000 and Alexa 5000 companies) and our productivity is higher than ever! We've been able to focus our efforts on the Enterprise team on higher-priority accounts.

DiscoverOrg review by Mysty L.
Mysty L.

"So far so GREAT!"

What do you like best?

I love the news feed feature that allows you to receive company alerts and updates about trends in your industry. It makes it easy to know good talking tracks with companies.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that how my account is setup I'm not able to view all contacts in all departments. Sometimes my contact person falls outside of the departments we have in our accounts so it'd be nice to have an open view of everything.

I'm able to quickly dive into accounts with proper contacts as before I was running into a lot of old contacts in our Salesforce system. It would take me endless hours to get into accounts via Linkedin so this tool helps with my efficiency. My major benefit is being able to solve time and get through accounts quickly.

DiscoverOrg review by Andrew J.
Andrew J.
View Original

"Good Data Set"

What do you like best?

We enjoyed our onboarding, the knowledgeable sales rep that we had and the accuracy of the datasets.

What do you dislike?

Only gripe was once you told DOrg we were terminating and will not be renewing - they turned off our team's ability to export contacts even if you have time left on your contract (this is a fine print in the hyperlinked EULA they hide in the contact). Make sure to red line that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes - I would reccomend

We looked at DOrg to start our outbound sale campaigns.

DiscoverOrg review by Emad A.
Emad A.

"Amazing Resource. Accuracy of information better than most!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Multiple tabulations for saved searches and accessible support. Allows to make corrections. List export is also very useful whereas other platforms do not have that capability. Trustworthy and clear indication using the org structure feature.

What do you dislike?

Limitation of Canadian data and information. No Mobile app (at least I have not been made aware of it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would ease the new users into the platform by showing options of how to integrate with social media platforms like LinkedIn. It becomes and indispensable tool when generating leads and verifying accuracy of the information available.

Breakdown of different technology users with at least 80% accuracy.Search by region and technologies is a BIG PLUS and of course, a benefit.

DiscoverOrg review by Alecs L.
Alecs L.

"Has been a great tool so far!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and validity of the data provided. Everything is packaged in an easy-to-use way. Once you get the initial training, it is pretty easy to get it up and running.

What do you dislike?

I have several prospects in SFDC whose companies are recognized by DiscoverOrg. Many of them hold C level positions, however, they aren't listed in DiscoverOrgs Org Charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide if the investment is worth it. Do you have the right reps to properly implement the solution and receive the anticipated ROI?

We are expanding into Enterprise markets and DiscoverOrg helps us leverage potential buying decisions and realizing areas where we can help. We don't sound like just another cold call because we have targeted research and information pertaining to the specific prospects/companies.

DiscoverOrg review by Jacob B.
Jacob B.

"Accurate and up to date data. Awesome support."

What do you like best?

Any question I have had the support team has been very communicative and made sure a fix was found. The data in DiscoverOrg is very accurate. Other tools I used had a lot of out of date data and a lot of wasted time was spent prospecting bad leads. DiscoverOrg has provided up to date data and is constantly updating that data.

What do you dislike?

I feel like DiscoverOrg is more for the quality play rather than the quantity play. There are a lot of prospects I run across that aren't in DiscoverOrg but will be in another tool. There isn't a clean way to do large suppression lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is that if your organization is looking at the Account Based Marketing approach or even a strategic approach where correct data is a big factor and having a lot of available data on accounts is valuable then DiscoverOrg is a great option. If you are looking for quantity when it comes to available prospects then I might chose another platform.

Our company has some strategic initiatives where having up to date and correct is very important. DisoverOrg has been great to see insights, see a wide variety of available data that helps deals move faster.

Overall, the Salesforce integration has been a nice addition when adding leads.

DiscoverOrg review by Christian G.
Christian G.

"DiscoverOrg helps me find leads and navigate through an org chart"

What do you like best?

I love the real time triggers that I can set up for myself on a daily/weekly basis based on a ton of helpful criteria - Company, keywords, technologies, etc. It helps me understand what's going on with those organizations and gives me the knowledge to craft my message to their exact needs. I also love the fact that I can click a button and import the records directly into my CRM right from the company's org chart. Speaking of org chart, If I can't get through to a systems admin - I can reach out to their boss. I now have that knowledge at my finger tips. It's great!

What do you dislike?

The MS Dynamics integration pushes records into the system, but the options/settings are minimal. It doesn't even put DiscoverOrg as the lead source on the record it imports. That would really be my only gripe.

Main problem it solves is understanding how the IT department is organized at a company. If I talk to a handful of people at an organization and get their titles and look them up on LinkedIn, that only gives me part of the picture. Once I see the department in an org chart, I now know that (for example) someone that was speaking highly of our product is below someone that had some reservations about our product. Now I know that I need to focus on the person that had reservations about the product, rather than get excited about the person who's not a decision maker.

DiscoverOrg review by Austin F.
Austin F.

"The best way to research new accounts"

What do you like best?

The mass indexing of many different companies. If you need a list of industrial products companies with eCommerce managers in Canada, this is the best tool to utilize. But if need to find an individual at a companies contact data, DiscoverOrg, is a great reference, same goes for if you're trying to find an email or email format of a particular company. DiscoverOrg also provides news and alerts to new company initiatives. Great tool for contacting opportunities at the right time.

What do you dislike?

There is dated information. Which is to be expected, but sometimes a company or company's contacts can get confused. For example, I was trying reaching out to a Demand Generation Manager at a company that shared the same initials as the company I was trying to contact. This can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pull the trigger! This is the best products for researching companies.

Constantly trying to search and find people to contact for sales opportunities. I mainly utilized LinkedIn to find the individual contact, but every other part of the prospecting process I utilized DiscoverOrg for.

DiscoverOrg review by Rahul S.
Rahul S.

"With DiscoverOrg Research & Lead Generation makes more sense"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg provides both qualitative and quantitative data. I uses it as per the requirement. The quality of information is updated & accurate. All related Triggers(scoops) and Bulk export of Data makes most of my operations easy. It delivers the best data. Customer support is also good. Quickly responded while raising research request. Provide Sales and Marketing team best intelligent report.

What do you dislike?

Multiple users cannot login at same time using single ID if need in urgency. Expensive is one part but can be ignore while looking at quality of data. Exporting data some time takes a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Triggers(scoops) are really impressive. using Org Chart for Prospecting helped us a lot. While campaigning using bulk exporting is very interesting by applying keywords of targeted audience.

DiscoverOrg review by William L.
William L.

"Really helps you dig for and find relevant data"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg isn't a difficult platform to use. The system is well laid out and easy to understand after a short introductory period. We can access company information that can't be found, or isn't easily found, through public channels. It's a great tool to accessing complete company data. Everything is stored and managed in one concise, so it says us a bunch of time from tracking information down. We can also see contact's LinkedIn profiles, which is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. It may take some time to get used to at first, since there is quite a bit of data and many options to work with. There are definitely many companies not included that I'd like to see included, so I the database can grow more quickly, that would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a way to target data in an easy and intuitive way, DiscoverOrg can be a great tool for you. Once you get acquainted with the system, you'll see that searching for data can be a breeze and you may even enjoy digging around and looking for gems. It might seem overwhelming to use at first, be everything will likely make more sense after you use it while.

We can go right to relevant contacts, which saves time and can greatly improve conversation opportunities. We spend less time researching contacts and can access detailed contact data so we can more precisely tailor our communications for them. We can be more confident speaking to contacts when we know more about them.

DiscoverOrg review by Jill H.
Jill H.

"DiscoverOrg is a Time Saver"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use, provides many options for streamlining my searches, and saves my searches. I like that I get an email when my saved search has new or additional information for me to review.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need to do a search on a particular company that is not in DiscoverOrg. But I can request that they research said company. Also, I don't like that my dataset doesn't include all C-suite employees from a particular company. Each dataset is fairly expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's expensive, but the information is great. It's mostly up=to-date, tons of relevant information about companies and people. It's a great resource tool.

I have a research team in my company that does what DIscoverOrg does, only it's a very manual process. DiscoverOrg enables my team to focus on more relevant information to help my sales team.

DiscoverOrg review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Extension / Plugin Capabilities"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg integrates seamlessly with our CRM, Salesforce, allowing our team to prospect with ease. Having the extensive amount of information found in DiscoverOrg at your fingertips clearly shows which information matches / does not match between your CRM and their Database. Also, having DiscoverOrg's chrome extension makes viewing organizational structure easy, and is a great reference when evaluating individual companies/departments.

What do you dislike?

When working with smaller companies data is less abundant and fewer prospects have direct phone lines/email addresses listed. Often when using the "Broad Search" feature within the Salesforce extension, I am unable to find what I am looking for and resort to other sources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to work with your Contacts to increase list size. Packaging options for products are a bit confusing, and the normal package should have a bit more visability into the C-Level Suite.

Using both the organizational structure and triggered email alerts for market activity, our sales team has been able to glean valuable information and insight into companies that are making vendor changes. This allows us to enter into a sales conversation in a timely manor.

DiscoverOrg review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"They put their money where their mouth is"

What do you like best?

Support is amazing. When I get a bounced email and submit a request they reply within 24 hours almost every time. It's great. Also, the intelligence on each account helps with outreach.

What do you dislike?

The number of recruiters in the database. It makes it difficult to do high volume for an extended period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How big is their database for the contacts you need? How many people are you going to contact in a day? Is firmographic/technographic/org chart data important to outreach? Does Discover provide the information most important to your messaging?

We are solving the problem of bad contacts. We quadrupled the number of meetings being set. Granted, we went from not have a database to having one.

DiscoverOrg review by Kelly C.
Kelly C.

"Very helpful for direct numbers, some personnel data is outdated as well as some of the scoops"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of locating direct phone numbers. The discover extension is also very helpful when I'm using linkedin and deciding who to target.

What do you dislike?

Some of the active personnel I've found to be outdated. Overall though it's still very helpful. The scoops are harder to navigate with the new set up, it's taken quite a bit of getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The keyword option is a little overwhelming, boolean searches are much easier than selecting keywords though. The new update has made it a little harder to navigate since the acquisition of rainking, I mostly work with saved searches instead of running new seatches.

Getting around calling the same receptionist over and over. It's also helpful for finding contacts that don't use linkedin/upcoming projects.

DiscoverOrg review by Administrator

"So far sales loves it!"

What do you like best?

The ease of implementation is surprising and so far sales is raving about the accuracy of the phone numbers.

What do you dislike?

Some data restrictions are still there - for example they told us we'd have full access to a certain fields, yet for some reason they aren't available for mapping yet??? So we can't get them into SFDC or score off of them. Super disappointing. Also make sure you get the webhook - my rep told me I didn't need it when trying to get the deal closed, however you totally do if you want leads to be matched and cleaned on creation.

From a marketing perspective we are solving the fact that 75% of our leads that were sent over to sales needed some kind of cleaning - now we can reduce the amount of junk getting over to them. Ultimately saving sales time and helping get better data on what outlets are actually producing solid leads.

DiscoverOrg review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"From unknown to beyond expectations! "

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is definitely a staple for my everyday business requirements. The fact that I am able to login and easily find the Company information I am looking for drastically reduces my time doing research. The interface is easy to use and integrates smoothly into our Sales Force. Most importantly, the information is ACCURATE and detailed. Two thumbs up!!

What do you dislike?

As DiscoverOrg grows, I look forward to seeing a wider range of Companies listed. Sometimes I do log on and am unable to find the company I am looking for. Also, I am unaware of when a contact within an organization is updated. Is there a way to see how long they have been in that position/ with the Company?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed, great for Sales Development!

The major issue DiscoverOrg solves for would be cutting in half the time it takes me to research and input a contact into our CRM. With a click of a button I can seamlessly upload, Company info, names and titles to our system. This cuts my data entry time in HALF! This is my go too for my everyday work!

DiscoverOrg review by James B.
James B.

"Combine with LinkedIn for Business Development"

What do you like best?

Tons of ways to search for specific people, titles, etc. You can basically chop and filter any way you want. Has definitely helped me to discover more companies in my territory, which meant more leads, and eventually more deals.

What do you dislike?

Feels like DiscoverOrg is missing about half the employees at each company. I often find people on LinkedIn who have been at a company for years, but don't show up in the DiscoverOrg searches. They tend to be the titles I need, so it sucks needing to use LinkedIn AND DiscoverOrg in conjunction with one another. Integration with another tool, Outreach, isn't great: functionality has been reduced over time, and each vendor seems to blame the other for the functionality issues, though no real fix has come along.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll need to use this with other products to get a full view of a company, their hierarchy, titles, etc.

Finding the right people, titles to reach out to. Something that they've helped with is uploading a large number of people into other softwares for outreach.

DiscoverOrg review by Dave K.
Dave K.

"Easy access to vital business information"

What do you like best?

I like how you can really drill down on your searches. Specifically by job title and technologies used. I also find the Triggers very useful. What used to take us hours on LinkedIn with regards to company and lead research is not down to minutes.

What do you dislike?

Can't really think of anything except that the company sizes always seem to be lower than reality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial to evaluate

Targeted inside sales activities and email marketing. DiscoverOrg allows us to insure that those activities are reaching the right types of people. Saving a lot of time with regards to researching prospect companies and employees.

DiscoverOrg review by Mitch K.
Mitch K.

"DiscoverOrg Review"

What do you like best?

Not a bad GUI. Other than that, I have no positive comments to say about my experience with DiscoverOrg. Everything from the product, the support to the sales person has been a horrible and expensive experience.

What do you dislike?

Bad data. Unethical licensing. Bait and switch. Ex) They merged with RainKing, yet they won't include the RK contacts without paying extra for the license you already have. It's not RK anymore, it's DiscoverOrg, we'd like the data we are paying for.

Does not integrate well with Salesforce. Has caused lots of issues with our lead routing. We had to turn off features to import international leads, which caused issues in SFDC.

A significant portion of the data is WRONG. They want customers to notify each time data is wrong, although there is not enough time in day. Take some of the money you've stolen from us and hire people to make sure you're data is correct. It's not your customers' job to fix your garbage data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not waste your time and money to get locked in with an unethical company with bad data. There are many other much more cost efficient tools that actually have good data and support.

It has caused more problems than it has solved. I've been very vocal with my peers on why they should not use DiscoverOrg.

DiscoverOrg review by Sid C.
Sid C.

"DiscoverOrg Review"

What do you like best?

Discoverorg.com is an excellent prospecting tool which helps me uncover acqusition prospects and valid contacts within the companies

What do you dislike?

DiscoverOrg.com's database focuses on companies with +300 employees; this means that a lot of SMB companies are not returned on the list. Also, if you search for a specific company and DiscoverOrg has determined that they are affiliated with or owned by another parent company, instead of returning the company which you were searching for and calling out the link association, only the parent company is returned, but once you know these two challenges, they become less of a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase as many verticals as possible. Depending on company structures, contacts can report within different verticals.

DiscoverOrg helps me to locate prospective accounts and contacts faster than many other contact sourcing platforms. Thanks in part to DiscoverOrg's ability to verify contacts accuracy within 90-days, the contacts are extremely accurate, which helps me to significantly reduce sales cycles.

DiscoverOrg review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Great for whales, not so great for big fish"

What do you like best?

Good insight into the organizational charts of some companies, such as Nike, but not so great on data for those mid market companies making less than 20 million online. They also offer great insight into inner workings of a company and what to use as leverage/ an intro

What do you dislike?

Good insight into the organizational charts of some companies, such as Nike, but not so great on data for those mid market companies making less than 20 million online. Sometimes their contact data is off, especially emails, and most of the time for the mid market companies if you can find anything, it is outdated and incorrect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scoops and alerts are confusing and wonky so dont rely on them for company intel. This is a great tool if you are going after big fish but you will need another tool for small to medium sized businesses.

Finding contact data for prospects and finding good entry points to cold call into prospective merchants of Big Commerce.

"Find your leads"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has a helpful DealPredict tool that I've particularly enjoyed. It helps to organize leads by the likelihood of closing a deal and it helps a sales team member better allocate his or her time. The filters by industry are also particularly helpful. It's amazing how many leads we can obtain in just a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

The user experience of the software is somewhat clunky and the exporting into HubSpot can have some issues. Further, while I know they're doing their best to keep info up-to-date, there are plenty of outdated contacts in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For B2B businesses, I do recommend giving DiscoverOrg a try. The data is far more comprehensive than I would have expected and you'll ensure a steady stream of quality leads.

DiscoverOrg helps our sales team find and pursue leads quicker. This generates more top-of-funnel activity and saves time/money over other prospecting methods.

DiscoverOrg review by Celeste M.
Celeste M.

"Helps for huge companies"

What do you like best?

I love the way you can see the structure of the company. No other lead generation tool allows you to see this kind of thing.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that sometimes they aren't all listed. I find that i find alot of contacts on linkedin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the widget for chrome.

As a new BDR I am struggling to find out how the companies are structured. This provides a good visualization. I have enjoyed the benefits of using Discoverorg on many occasions. It always has the right contact information, and emails rarely bounce. I love that you can see the human resources as well as the marketing. It makes it easier to know who to reach out to. Sometimes, it appears that the contact I am looking for is in grey and at the bottom, but I think that it is helpful because they still are available to me.

DiscoverOrg review by Morgan O.
Morgan O.

"Useful Tool"

What do you like best?

This tool makes it easy to find direct lines and email addresses quickly. This tool allows you to view the organizational structure of the company from a hierarchy standpoint, filtered by department (Finance, IT, HR, Executive...etc.) and its just a few easy clicks to upload the contacts into SFDC.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the information can be out of date. Once is a while, you may not find the contact you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize it for the various uses - prospecting, data scrubbing, SFDC integration, company/organizational info.

The main benefit with DiscoverOrg, to me, is how easy and often it is to find direct lines of the contacts you're trying to prospect.

DiscoverOrg review by User

"Clean Data, Good Support, Easily Integrated"

What do you like best?

The data appears to be very clean so far, very few bounces, which is nice. Some of the "direct-dials" still will route to a administrative assistant, but that is probably inevitable.

What do you dislike?

With the RainKing acquisition some contacts who were in the content lists we subscribed to were not available, and required an up in subscription. It caused quite a bit of confusion for our end-users using the tool, as they were constantly confused why they did not have access to the information.

Having contact information, being able to make sure you have the right information. If you are at an event and someone drops you their name, but you aren't exactly sure you heard them right or got the right information, being able to check it against DiscoverOrg is nice.

DiscoverOrg review by Ryan O.
Ryan O.

"Great tool but still behind in higher education"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to search by school and see the scoops and OppAlerts. Seeing the organization chart updated consistently is also very helpful so I don't waste time prospecting to non-active contacts.

What do you dislike?

I work in higher education and their database in that space is lacking depth. They only started working in this space a few years back so there are a lot of schools missing from their platform.

We are using DiscoverOrg to dive deeper into the happenings on campuses that we believe have a need for our solutions. We are still very early in our pilot of the solution so benefits are still unclear.

DiscoverOrg review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Technology users and decision-makers"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg keeps its lists up to date, there is a way to report incorrect emails/leads, they have a team org chart which is often helpful, and they seem to constantly expand their data set. It's also easy to create a list and export a large report with email addresses.

What do you dislike?

The new UX, especially the advanced filtering needs some work - advanced searches (i.e. Boolean) can be challenging. The data quality is good but can be better - particularly the IT technologies that the contacts use - these can be incorrect at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a marketer, I would test out DiscoverOrg to see if it will pull the data that you really need - like technologies used, geographies, etc.

Needed a reliable, continuously refreshed list of IT buyers and users for account intelligence and marketing efforts.

DiscoverOrg review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"DiscoverOrg is the answer"

What do you like best?

While most applications provide "miles wide" information we have found that DiscoverOrg is the only application that provides miles deep, accurate, content. I've implemented DiscoverOrg at 4 organizations now - it is the most commonly requested application by my enterprise sales teams.

What do you dislike?

The only battle I have had to fight internally over DiscoverOrg is the cost. Once I have the opportunity to provide a features/benefits review to my Finance team the argument has been quickly won. In one particular case our CFO was dead set against the expense of the item until we took him through a searche for himself. He was astonished with the accuracy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your comparison homework. I have found that many think that a less expensive solution is the answer. DiscoverOrg is worth every penny we've ever spent on it. Again, it is the most commonly requested application that I have gotten from my sales teams who do not have it but know the value.

Enterprise decision-making C level contacts and direct reports. We find that we are able to get to the right person far more quickly with DiscoverOrg. My sales team has the confidence that the information provided is accurate.

DiscoverOrg review by Shane S.
Shane S.

"Great Investment"

What do you like best?

The scoops are one of my favourite features. The ability to easily see what organizations are focused on is truly valuable information for sales and lead generation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the deal predict only because it seems to not really differentiate between the deals very accurately. It rates most deals 4 or 5 stars and it doesn't really help you hone in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really look into which datasets will be most beneficial for your team.

We are using DiscoverOrg to continue to build our sales pipeline. DiscoverOrg simplifies the most important company information in one easy to use platform which speeds up our process.

DiscoverOrg review by User

"Solid - needs more contacts"

What do you like best?

Ease of prospecting - easy to organize the lists when I'm going to outbound efforts strictly.

What do you dislike?

Need more contacts - the amount of orgs. is great, but I need some more contacts in order to have a solid way of really trusting solely on DiscoverOrg. I would recommend ZoomInfo as a partner, or getting involved with something else like that, as of right now, I'm using DiscoverOrg with ZoomInfo in conjunction, and it would be great to have everything under 1 view. It would also make the product more sticky IMO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for streamlining prospecting and getting the accounts in the right order.

I"m able to streamline my prospecting in a way that I've never thought before. Opp. Alerts are great to keep you on task and focused on what the goal is in front of you.

DiscoverOrg review by Rick S.
Rick S.

"Great product for targeted market"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has provided our SDR team with direct access to a large number of our target contacts at a high percentage our target accounts. While it doesn't provide every account possible - understandably - the information for the ones there are accurate and effective. The synchronization capabilities with Salesforce are also very helpful. It allows our guys to spend less time with data entry, and more time reaching out to prospects.

The support from the Customer Support team has also been a big reason for the positive experience I've personally experienced. We were a customer of a product that was ultimately purchased by DiscoverOrg. The CSM that worked with us to migrate into the DiscoverOrg system was very helpful, responsive, and built a trust in the relationship which, as the head of sales operations, was critical to enable me to support our decision to purchase DiscoverOrg.

As an update to my previous review, at one point I had some issues with responses to some data quality, once I posted my dissatisfaction DiscoverOrg quickly reached out to see what they could do to fix the problem...and then fixed it. They were extremely eager to ensure I was satisfied and taken care of and that their product was providing us with the highest quality results we could expect.

What do you dislike?

We've pursued accounts that have announced a new project built on our target audience. Unfortunately, by the time we got that alert and reached out to the prospect, they had already gone through their evaluation period and had selected a vendor. The alert of new projects is not helpful if it's that delayed getting to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure they include the right types of companies you are targeting. If they do, this is a highly valuable and effective tool.

We were looking for information on contacts in companies with accurate email, phone numbers, and titles. DiscoverOrg provides that and has allowed my sales team to be more efficient in their prospecting efforts.

DiscoverOrg review by Mallory T.
Mallory T.

"Super helpful tool, not sure we are fully utilizing"

What do you like best?

Super helpful tool, not sure we are fullly utilizing all of the capabilities. My understanding is that there are different types of licenses and seats that you can get with access to different types of information. It seems like a extremely powerful tool, it would be helpful to have some sort of training to ensure that we were taking advantage of all the capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Training would be helpful to ensure we are getting the most out of the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The org charts are super helpful for account based selling

It has been helpful from a sales enablement perspective. Our sales team solutions consultant suddenly generation have access to it.

DiscoverOrg review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Discover a better way to build your pipeline"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg provides an excellent way to identify prospects, their contact info, and titles to determine who to reach out to. It is very easy to search for companies based on employee count, industry, and location which allows for specific targeting efforts. Additionally it saves a tremendous amount of time by not having to search LinkedIn, test email addresses, and have to go through gatekeepers and/or company directories to reach a prospect.

What do you dislike?

I have found that there is more outdated or incorrect contact information that you would expect (bad phone numbers, email addresses that bounce, people who no longer work there, etc). While there are thousands of companies in the database I do sometimes find some that are not. Additionally for many companies there is only one or two contacts whereas some have almost the entire organization! It would be great if the database of employees could be more consistent.

DiscoverOrg saves our teams a tremendous amount of time when prospecting and identify contacts. It allows us to verify inbound leads to learn more about our prospects while also providing an excellent means to contact additional employees at an interested company. It has lead to increased appointments, pinpointed targeting, and more valuable conversations with decision makers.

DiscoverOrg review by Josh W.
Josh W.

"Good, could be great"

What do you like best?

The connection with CRM saves a TON of time creating accounts, mapping buying committee and providing general insights into target accounts.

What do you dislike?

The average CMO is in their role for 18 months, marketing coordinators, directors, etc are in their roles an even shorter amount of time. Many times it's tough to source accurate contact data as people are moving so frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are targeting high growth companies, you will likely see gaps in data, however, if you sell in the mid market to enterprise, you will find DO to be a great tool.

Target account planning. The greatest benefit to our org has been time savings when DO has the data we need.

DiscoverOrg review by Cynthia B.
Cynthia B.

"Cold Calling"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to be able to read the job description of the person I am calling before I call them.

What do you dislike?

I have looked up some Companies but have not been able to see information because it is locked. I feel that if we have been a customer for this long we should be rewarded with new leads and not charged for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything you need at your fingertips!

Ability to find the new contact when existing one is no longer with the company. I have been able to find the right contact so that I can get a quote out and eventually get an order.

DiscoverOrg review by User

"Wonderful Accurate Information for C Level Executives and more."

What do you like best?

Accuracy of information - telephone plus email addresses.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to get stats : if youve exported a contact more than 5 times for example and hit on open and click rates are above a certain percentage then don't export them, just new fresh leads, accounts that have been targeted less that 5 times. Hope this makes sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used Zoom and companies I've worked for have purchased lots of lists. This is the best, frankly no more list buying with possibly inaccurate information. Org charts are definitely useful for targeting more than one executive at an organisation. Immediately upload accounts into Sales Loft which is a definite Time saver. Whats not to like about this product.

Uploaded accounts with definite specifics or business intelligent to streamline the delivery of our services to clients.

DiscoverOrg review by Jay C.
Jay C.

"Lead Generator Review of DiscoverOrg"

What do you like best?

The depth of mining capability available through use of DiscoverOrg's direct link inside of Salesforce is incredibly helpful in my daily work generating leads for Boardroom Events. The time efficiency afforded makes my work at least 4 times more productive than otherwise.

What do you dislike?

Although quite rare, there are occasions when the email address for a particular corporate executive is either missing or incorrect. However, on these rare occasions, DiscoverOrg has a great protocol in place to request the missing information or that the incorrect email address be corrected and 90+% of the time, this solves the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're seeking accounts or leads (by title/responsibility), try it out. you'll be amazed at how easy it becomes to mine leads.

finding precisely the person in mid market companies i am seeking with amazing speed and accuracy

DiscoverOrg review by Christopher W.
Christopher W.

"Business Intelligence"

What do you like best?

The company intelligence that I am able to get access to in invaluable. It is a great tool for Business Development specialist. I use it on a daily basis to build company profiles and to gather key data points for my pursuit plan.

What do you dislike?

The "cons" of the tool are something that probably is not an easy fix. There are times when the information is inaccurate based on the organizational structure and there are time when a person maybe not be mentioned in DiscoverOrg but you find them in LinkedIn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great Business Development tool

Building profiles and gathering contact information for my target customers.

DiscoverOrg review by User

"CHECK YOUR END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT BEFORE YOU SIGN"

What do you like best?

The user interface is plain, simple, and easy to use

What do you dislike?

1) This company put caps/limits on specific features when there was no caps or limits on those features when we signed our contract

2) Upon the expiration of our contract, DiscoverOrg instructed that we must delete all data from our CRM that we accumulated over the contracted period - all names and contact information, REGARDLESS of whether we had made contact with individuals and had obtained copious notes from our discussions. (In essence, "keep using our service and paying us or we're taking back everything you paid for")

3) Problem resolution could take anywhere from days to weeks (even to get an answer via email), i.e. being blocked from data that we were subscribed to, errors in the system, etc.

4) "Bullseye" campaign we paid for which is an online survey for our target market resulted in a bunch of inaccurate data. Example: Survey questions would be, "are you using XXX technology." In following up with the same person who answered yes, that person would state that they are not even familiar with xxx technology. Survey results were unusable.

We were looking to obtain accurate and intelligent data.

DiscoverOrg review by Scott O.
Scott O.

"More than just a Lead Source"

What do you like best?

I've used several lead sources in my career and DiscoverOrg is by far the most accurate and robust source I've encountered. However, it is more than just a lead source as it provides invaluable Sales Intelligence, including technologies used, budgets and a very helpful automated email that keeps me up to date on updates at my clients.

What do you dislike?

Some of the data, especially the technologies used, can't be easily exported for further analysis. While users can get around this by knowing exactly what they are looking for, it would be great to be able to do custom pivots to better understand what technologies my clients have to better cross-sell.

Better understanding my client base and better targeting potential clients. DO has helped us uncover opportunities we previously did not know of at current clients.

DiscoverOrg review by User in Information Technology and Services

"DiscoverOrg - Great Tool for Enterprise Hunters and Prospectors"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg gives you around a dozen company and employee metrics with which to filter your search, which enables you to keep your contact search as broad or as focused as you want. Whether you want Marketing contacts at 50-person companies, or CIO's at fortune 100 companies, there's a good chance DO will have some relevant data to fuel your prospecting.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a bit clunky and difficult to navigate at first, and it seems that they have focused most of their data collection on large enterprise companies, so if you are looking for SMB contacts, you may be a bit disappointed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you buy, you should get a product demo from DiscoverOrg. I recommend you bring data from a few recent completed sales OR names of accounts you'd like to prospect into and haven't gained any traction. Ask the DO Sales Rep to pull up those accounts, and see if it provides accurate contact data for deals you've recently closed, or gives you additional data for companies you're trying to prospect in to.

We use DO to find contact info for sales prospecting. Our marketing efforts have been fairly ineffective, so sales representatives and LDR (Lead Development Reps) have to do our own prospecting and find our own leads to make up for the lack of inbound prospects. We leverage Discover Org to compile lists of IT contacts in the verticals we've had the most success with.

DiscoverOrg review by Steve R.
Steve R.

"DiscoverOrg is great for prospecting"

What do you like best?

- Being able to prospect new customers.

- OppAlerts is great for potential deals. I like that they go straight to my inbox.

What do you dislike?

- Can't link large lists to SFDC. Have to export to an Excel first.

- Some of the info is dated and incorrect.

- Negotiating with DiscoverOrg for more features is difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- A service like DiscoverOrg is required for a growing tech company. Needed to grow your prospecting and meeting output.

- Looking to increase prospecting new contacts and accounts.

- We've got new deals from Advanced Searching and OppAlerts.

DiscoverOrg review by Lance G.
Lance G.

"Good promise, needs work"

What do you like best?

The access to direct phone numbers and email addresses for the accounts we are prospecting. Discover.org covers a wide range of companies and industries.

What do you dislike?

The segmentation of roles forcing us to have to buy multiple segments within our company targets to be able to access the data we need. The U/I could use some work, the search function isn't optimal. The technology data relating to installed vendors isn't as accurate when compared to other similar systems we use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

compare similar solutions for the totality of the data they provide.

Outreach to new prospects.

DiscoverOrg review by Rick B.
Rick B.

"Beware: Questionable Business Practices"

What do you like best?

The product itself is good quality. The contact data is thorough and generally quite accurate. It is easy to search by company, industry and job function. They do let you download information to Excel.

What do you dislike?

We did a one-year contract three years ago without incident. However, this time when our contract expired, they are claiming that since we did not notify them ahead of time in writing that we were not renewing, we automatically were automatically renewed for another year. There was nothing on our contract about this. In fact, the contract (and all of our invoices) specified a one-year contract with date of expiration and date last payment was due. We paid everything on time throughout our contract. Our team did not use the service as much as I hoped so we did not renew. However, on the contract was fine print that indicated there was a EULA on their website. That is their justification for having our account auto-renew for $20k. We are now getting collection calls regarding this. I feel this is a shady business practice and I am very disillusioned with a service that I had positive feelings about. We are putting an inside sales team together and we were planning to re-order DiscoverOrg when that was in place. Now that will not be happening. It is a good service but make sure you read the off-contract fine print.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure if they are in financial desperation or if they changed management but I cannot recommend a company that treats customers the way we have been treated after our contract expired.

It is useful for creating target account lists. Our sales people also used this to find other appointments in the vicinity when they had to travel somewhere for a project.

DiscoverOrg review by Jake G.
Jake G.

"Customer service fell a little short"

What do you like best?

Love the data! I love the fact that we can request more data when its not readily available. Only dislike there is lately we are not getting the responses to those data requests timely or at all so teammembers lose trust.

What do you dislike?

Response back on data requests and why do we always have to call and email our support folks repeatedly to get a response? Not good for what the prices are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the support and get back to caring about those data requests.

Expanding our footprint nationally. We are scaling quickly and need access to potential customers nationally to keep pace.

DiscoverOrg review by User in Information Technology and Services

"DiscoverOrg is simple to use and a very useful tool for prospecting"

What do you like best?

What I like best about DiscoverOrg is the ability to confirm and source contacts to call out on and prospect. Finding the hierarchy within a company is extremely important in sales prospecting and that's what this tool allows you to do. I also like best how it integrates super well with SalesForce which is our main CRM platform.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little annoying to use. Also the information is typically out dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple to use, use it in order to discover who are the best points of contact to reach out to in order to help your company prospect and find the best leads.

How to find the best point of contacts within a company. With this I am able to use my time wisely and not chase after leads that don't make sense.

DiscoverOrg review by Gregorie S.
Gregorie S.

"Great Lead Information, but lags in it's operation"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of detail you get on each company and employee, as well as the ease to import Account/Contacts to your CRM. I also like how accurate and up to date the data is.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest issues I have is how slow the website operates. I've tried on multiple computers and devices and when you move from the different aspects of the site (from overall info to lets say the technology tab, it lags. When you try to search employees it lags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool to help with your sales teams lead generation, this is definitely a viable option.

I am using it for my lead generation. The benefits are the amount of data available and how accurate it is.

DiscoverOrg review by Brett F.
Brett F.

"DiscoverOrg's Daily Performance"

What do you like best?

The customer service experience that DiscoverOrg provides is second to none, we always have prompt responses and knowledgable people availible on their end. The best aspect of my experience with DiscoverOrg thus far has been in the ease of use to access the accurate contact level data and pull it back into our systems with the knowledge we have a expert team availible if anything goes haywire.

What do you dislike?

The typical challenge with contact level data is accuracy, but DiscoverOrg provides the highest accuracy I have seen in the space thus far. The only limitations in their product is the project may require me pulling the data out of DiscoverOrg to work with and then place back into my data management system.

We use DiscoverOrg for both contact level discovery, which has been the most accurate vendor we have worked with, and ABM Sales training initiatives. The dependability of the contact level data let's us move forward in projects with confidence in the baseline data and never look back, which is something that is becoming more and more valuable in today's business.

DiscoverOrg review by Nissar A.
Nissar A.

"One of the best Data Tools for Sales & Marketing teams"

What do you like best?

Dynamic search (ability to filter based on the parameters I choose).

Access to 1000s of prospects in my target market.

Phone numbers and LinkedIn addresses are usually accurate.

What do you dislike?

1) Pricing - I know this is not a fair thing not to like (however, as a startup the pricing can get prohibitive.

2) The Technology Stack isn't very accurate. For example, I can search for a list of all companies using a particular software - however, in our experience (multiple campaigns) that is not accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you invest - plan exactly what you would be using it for - Marketing Outreach, ABM,etc.

Marketing and Sales Outreach.

List building is an important process for any email marketing or sales outreach. However, it is a time consuming process.

DiscoverOrg review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"Extremely effective prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is great for a few reasons. First, and most obviously, it's a great place to find direct contact information for the prospects you need, and it's also a relatively good resource for org charts to figure out the best strategy for an account. All features aside, the best part of working with DiscoverOrg is their willingness and promptness in finding the information you need that they don't have yet. Prospect's phone number invalid? They'll hook you up with the right one in no time. Looking for a specific team at an account, but they're not in the database yet? They'll get right on it for you. These guys have a great product and great people working for them

What do you dislike?

I had to scratch my head for a second here, but there is only one feature that hasn't worked out for me. They have (sort of) built in a connector to various SDR tools, but the functionality is limited. The idea is to be able to add prospects directly to a campaign in another tool, from DiscoverOrg, but for our particular instance, only the first 30 or so sequences (of literally thousands) show up in the drop down menu with no way to search, filter or continuously scroll, and if prospects are imported without being added to a campaign they can be difficult to find again. This should be fixed soon though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool and I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of it. If you do, be sure to keep up with research requests and ask for the information they don't already have available.

With DiscoverOrg, we're finding ways to reach out to the necessary contacts to begin and continue conversations with target accounts. Prospecting is historically a very tedious task, but this tool vastly simplifies it to the point of actually being enjoyable.

DiscoverOrg review by Ann L.
Ann L.

"Most accurate and actionable data service on the market"

What do you like best?

The data accuracy is the best on the market. Plus, they are extremely fast to fix incorrect data. I really like the feature to fix an issue. The insights into IT projects are extremely valuable, and I love getting the details pushed to you.

What do you dislike?

The data sets are too narrow or not always correct based on title. The IT data set is great, but others are lacking.

We are looking for new names, organizational charts, installed enterprise software, and insights into IT projects. We find it all on a daily basis.

DiscoverOrg review by Mattia C.
Mattia C.

"Excellent tool that saves a lot of time"

What do you like best?

The import to CRM function makes creating new leads extremely quick and easy, you just press a button on an interesting contact and in seconds they pop up in your CRM, ready to be worked. The data available is pretty reliable and accurate around 95% of the time (could do with more EU contact data, though I know this can be more difficulty to get!)

What do you dislike?

When importing leads to CRM, the software has trouble with special characters (e.g. é, ü), so that a name like Müller will come up as Mller on the CRM. This can be irritating and you have to look out for it and change the names manually. This happens particularly often for me as I am contacting people in Germany, Austria, Spain etc.

The interface is a bit 90's and could do with being modernised

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good for Sales Development!

Outbound prospecting can be very slow when looking for email addresses/phone numbers – DiscoverOrg speeds this prospecting process up immensely. This has given me more time to a) increase the number of prospects I contact, and b) spend more time actively working leads once they are in my CRM. This has lead to an increase in the number of interesting opportunities I have uncovered

DiscoverOrg review by Jeannie C.
Jeannie C.

"Discoverorg is my team's top "go to" for Sales Intelligence"

What do you like best?

Discoverorg is not just a tool or vendor, they are truly a business partner. I was an early stage Beta customer and have enjoyed a fantastic relationship for many years. This is my 3rd implementation.

My Team: Likes the Data Quality and Business Intelligence.

Myself: Customer Success manager is very responsive, when I need help, they are on it!

7 years ago I needed a Mid Enterprise Data Set, it didnt exist from any vendor. They listened to my needs and built a data set profiling the Mid Enterprise IT segment.

What do you dislike?

As an admin / manager, I don't use all the search functions frequently. If I had any feedback, it would be that at times I find the search feature isn't intuitive. Again, I'm not a frequent end user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Discoverorg has the highest Data Quality on the market. Many other features streamline and enable your business. Their customer support and training is the White Glove treatment. Your business really matters to them.

We are an early stage start up and our biggest challenge is having enough of the right buyer persona / titles to prospect. and develop. The new TEDD data set meets my specific challenge perfectly.

DiscoverOrg review by Elena A.
Elena A.

"Top Notch Product"

What do you like best?

I have been using DiscoverOrg for a couple of years now and Granted not one tool or person is perfect but DiscoverOrg is a Grade A prospecting database. Anytime, I have a question I get a response very quickly. Matt Shepard and the rest of the team are reliable, smart and helpful. When it comes to utilizing the search engine there is a great amount information on the database and makes my job so much easier. From the Org Charts to filtering for certain job functions and creating lists when I want to work on certain campaigns this tool is a cakewalk. Love it! Wouldn't want to not have it in my daily life.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you will come across a contact that is not quite updated or a direct phone number won't be available for someone you are prospecting. But, they do make it easy to request them to research target information. Other than that there isn't anything negative I can say about the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DiscoverOrg is worth every penny. The ROI associated with this tool considering how much of the information people get for their prospecting and end up booking meetings or selling to target accounts is undeniable. There are quite a few features and I suggest you take the time to learn it all that way you have a full working knowledge of how to use the database and get your money's worth.

Rimini Street offers premier support and maintenance to Oracle and SAP customers at a discount of 50% of what Oracle & SAP charge. There's no need for someone to look for budget to purchase our independent support model. We put the money back in the customer's budget so they can fund other projects that are needed to innovate and grow the business.

DiscoverOrg review by Tyler B.
Tyler B.

"Sales Development Manager "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to build specific searches for accounts and contacts. In a role where all prospecting is done by SDR's, having this tool is imperative. It also offers a very large database of contacts and accounts with typically very good connection methods

What do you dislike?

Primarily focusing on customer service teams, I wish the list of customer service employees was larger

We are able to prospect more efficiently. I lead a team of sales representatives and this allows us to prospect faster without sacrificing quality

DiscoverOrg review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"All a salesperson needs in one location"

What do you like best?

I like how accurate the information is. If there is a discrepancy with information, a quick email to DiscoverOrg with help rectify that quickly (usually by the next day!)

What do you dislike?

I don't know how our subscription is set up, but occasionally I will not have access to certain companies in my territory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to reach particular people within an organization, the amount of information you can get from DiscoverOrg is priceless.

We work with all people in a particular IT environment. Having the Org chart really helps put in place who works for who. it makes it simpler when you know where the person falls in the chain of command specifically when you are looking for the decision maker.

DiscoverOrg review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"DiscoverOrg, a Culture of Success"

What do you like best?

Good companies are all about the customers they support. GREAT companies however, understand that it all begins with having a rock-solid, sales-driven culture. I have been a loyal subscriber across six years and three positions. DiscoverOrg was a requirement in my executive business plans.

Why, you ask? Well, its equally the quality of the product combined with the quality of their organization - they simply have some of the most dedicated, knowledgeable, helpful, and customer-centric people I have ever met. It is so rare to say that have dealt with a vendor or any company really, where I have not a single negative experience.

The professionalism at all levels, speaks to a culture that is supportive and empowering. This translates to everyone, from leadership, through sales, support, and research caring about the role that the play in each other mutual success, and that of the company, and its clients. This has been a constant from day one, despite their incredible growth.

I chose to focus on the people first, because clearly, they do as well!

The product that DiscoverOrg puts out is second to none. Period, I have tried all of the major vendors of data (and we all know who they are), not one compares - even if looking only at their data accuracy. But if you are investing in DiscoverOrg only for the data, you most likely not realizing maximum ROI.

Once you learn how to fully leverage all of the reporting components: the org charts, trigger, OppAlerts, and so on, you will realize maximize your return. Best of all, you`ll be contacting prospects who have pain points, needs, and budget. You`ll see greatly reduced opt-out rates, and your time will be much better focused. Best of all, you`ll close more business and shorten sales cycles!

Happy hunting!

What do you dislike?

They are an expensive investment, but worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the value that each of their offerings represent. Learn which features are most important to your offerings, and then learn how to use them to your greatest advantage. knowing these answers is the secret sauce.

Over the years I have perfected best practices that have allowed me to use DiscoverOrg`s insight to open doors with targeted accounts. Many are among the nation`s largest and most difficult to penetrate, Including several Fortune 100 companies. I could have never had the level of success that I have, if I was just using a contact 411-type provider, even if they were 100% accurate, 100% of the time.

DiscoverOrg review by Cheri P.
Cheri P.

"It's an excellent resource!"

What do you like best?

It makes it so easy to find the right people and filter across fields to get exactly what I'm looking for. The data is also usually up to date, so I don't have to spend time double checking unnecessarily.

What do you dislike?

For the most part I don't really have any dislikes. I do wish that my saved searches would update and remove the people I already uploaded to Salesforce. It also seems that the people I upload don't merge with existing contacts and leads in SFDC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it! The searches aren't as robust as I would like, but aside from that it's really great. You'll definitely benefit from using it

It's helping me to save time and prioritize who I prospect

DiscoverOrg review by Philip L.
Philip L.

"DiscoverOrg for a startup"

What do you like best?

I can search by keywords, create lists, upload to my CRM, get updates on Scoops (formerly Triggers) all with a minimum of effort.

What do you dislike?

It's not really a fault of the system but it's easy to get locked out of content - it just means you have to purchase the "right" to the content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand your target markets and get the package you need (for example, if you don't talk to legal - no need to buy the legal contacts for a company)

I need leads. I need to create email lists for invites, mailers, etc. I also need to be aware of changes taking place at the target accounts I have. DiscoverOrg does this beautifully and unobtrusively.

DiscoverOrg review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"Crucial – Timely - Accurate – Informative"

What do you like best?

Provides the information I must have.

The Org Charts are extremely valuable.

The LinkedIn Profile feature is helpful, especially “Viewers of this profile also viewed”

The ability to track companies and people and receive “Triggers” email updates specific to my interests

The responsiveness of the team when I need help on finding specific information

The new UI is very easy to use.

The search capabilities are fantastic when I am targeting a specific title or planning an event

Geolocation for planning trips is a great timesaver

Technologies are very handy

Similar companies is a great lead builder

What do you dislike?

What do you dislike. Honestly nothing comes to mind.

Maybe the maps could be a little easier to use, but in combination with my map program it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn to use all the tools well and attend the webinars provided

I believe my “likes” speak to the business problems I am solving.

The biggest benefit is the amount of time saved from ‘Hunting” for all the information they provide. Which we all know is almost impossible to find!

DiscoverOrg review by User in Internet

"It's like a BDR for some of your accounts"

What do you like best?

The idea of DiscoverOrg is awesome. Phone qualified emails and phone numbers for your accounts. This is all information that a good sales person can find through various tools, but when someone else has already put in the work why not use it to accelerate your time to connecting with the person you know holds buying power.

What do you dislike?

DiscoverOrg only has information that is needed on select accounts. So I'm still left opening all accounts and looking to see what information they have or if they have it at all and if they have it great and if not I'm still doing the leg work myself. It would be great if there was a way to tag an account for having DiscoverOrg information available so that I can segment those off for different and quicker processing and then I know that I need to start at square one with all my other accounts. Lots of phone numbers are great and direct lines, but lots of others are just the company general lines which is no more helpful than the information I already have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand the gap that this is filling and that it isn't benefiting your team entirely as it should. It is like a BDR for your for your team, but if you already have a good BDR team and good data it might not bring the value you expect.

Sales intelligence tool helping us get correct contact info on more prospects allowing us to spend less time searching and more time talking and targeting.

DiscoverOrg review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Great product - can't live without"

What do you like best?

All the information is there-not sure there's any other contact intelligence that can play where DiscoverOrg plays.. who reports to who, contact info, tile. can configure alerts for specfic critera by state/area code, zip code etc. this solution is a no brainer for anyone in sales. And they keep imporving it. Also our rep - Ben Croll - is fantastic: very responsive, goes above and beyond - two big tumbs up for him as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes alerts are After the fact - hey it happens - just wish they were a little more specific to exactly what was being done.. e.g. "Sources Confirm XZY company has started a 500K initiative around network security.." Ok, that's awesome information.. but if they've already started, would love to know what product they chose.. and if they didn't - would love to know Exactly what facet.."IPS? SIEM? Firewall" etc. Otherwise, service is on the money - highly recoomend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont think - do. Or don't rather! - guss that means the folks I find in Discover Org will have one fewer rep calling them..

Connecting with those we're targeting.

DiscoverOrg review by Brady H.
Brady H.

"Sales Development"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to refine your search. I have been able to search in-depth industry searches to track vertical trends and have found specific contact personas with ease.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customer service contacts. A lot of our prospecting is to companies with customer service lines, and specifically, call centers. There has been a lot of contacts I can use, but It would always help to have more.

The time spent prospecting exclusively with LinkedIn, as well as the difficulty associated with finding direct contact numbers. DiscvoerOrg helps with both of these.

DiscoverOrg review by Mandana M.
Mandana M.

"Manager, Insides Sales Strategy"

What do you like best?

Wow. There is so much I like with Discover.org, starting off with the stellar support we get from our customer success Manager.

1) Our Manager of customer success

2) Quality support and quick response for any needs we have - it's all about their effective internal communication they have, allowing us as customers the feel of seamless support.

3) Quality of data we get from the Discover.org platform & ability to do quick look-ups for business intelligence or company or contacts.

4) Features like: Triggers & Alerts - Very helpful for real-time information updates

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at all from my perspective

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you start a trial, allocate time and use it to experience as much as you can, as it can do more than you expect.

We avoid the requirement of multiple different cloud/software platforms to do data research, so saving time and money on the back end.

We are able to import directly into our CRM seamlessly and have ability to avoid duplicate creations, saving time and improving quality.

DiscoverOrg review by Kat S.
Kat S.

"Great for Contact Acquisition and Account Research"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use from an end-user and administrator point of view. The quality of the information from DiscoverOrg is amazing. Being able to bulk match, look at the org chart within a company and directly import into Salesforce are huge for the teams. DiscoverOrg is constantly releasing new training and product videos and their training manager is great to work with. The level of service provided from my DiscoverOrg team is top notch.

What do you dislike?

The number of Government entities and their employee information is limited. It isn't extremely robust when it comes to different industries and company sizes (number of employees). Research requests are slow to return, if they return.

We are able to import quality contacts into our Salesforce instance that allows the team to reach out to the appropriate individuals within that company. Being able to research what companies are using for their technology stack is key. Working smarter and not harder using DiscoverOrg and it's internal tools are the biggest benefit!

DiscoverOrg review by Leonardo G.
Leonardo G.

"Excellent Sales and Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has an expansive database of customers and contacts that we have been trying to gather intelligence and building marketing campaigns to key contacts. The team, especially Christina, are great to work with and very responsive. The application is very easy to use, intuitive, and we were up and running quickly with our marketing campaigns. We have now integrated it with our CRM/SalesForce.com. The sales intelligence and triggers have been very useful and obtaining those reports to identify new opportunities, or new contacts.

The technology segmentation has been a great tool as well to focus on companies and users for sales engagement and marketing.

What do you dislike?

I do wish we were able to share 'saved lists' or searches with other members on the team using the platform, but no complaints. I wish I had more budget to obtain the Europe and Asia database

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to take the time to review the modules and know the segmentation you are looking for.

We have commenced an aggressive outbound sales and marketing plan and DiscoverOrg has solved the issue of identifying specific marketing and technology contacts that are customer facing technologists. Previously, we had spent quite a bit of time researching LinkedIn and communicating through that channel. We benefit from the fact that the majority of the time the contacts are in the database and we identify other contacts to market to.

DiscoverOrg review by Drew C.
Drew C.

"Best sales tool out there!!!"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is the best tool there is when it comes to finding direct line phone numbers as well as org charts for companies. With the SalesForce integration, the process is seamless. The UI is extremely intuitive and there is very little training needed to become a power user on the platform. I had evaluated quite a few players in their space and the others didn't compare. Other than their data being the best, their customer support team is awesome. If I ever have a question, they are unbelievably quick to call me. No "email only" support here!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike here. I would say that the only thing would be that we only purchased the North America data set!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you start using it you won't be able to stop!

Having visibility into org charts is key. Also it is a huge time saver being able to call a prospect directly and not go through the front desk.

DiscoverOrg review by Josh F.
Josh F.

"DiscoverOrg is my go to Sales Intelligence Site"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is my go to site whenever I need a marketing campaign, need to find a specific lead and best of all are their Triggers option. I can not tell you how many times I got the jump on the competition because of their Trigger option. They are extremely easy to work with, my guy their is Nic Jamros and even though he is in the Pacific Time zone and I am Eastern Nic has no problem fielding a call from me at 8ET, 5:00am Pacific. Whenever I start at a new company , and to get granular the past 4 companies I worked for my first request is a subscription to Discover Org

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I would consider to be negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to increase sales and get the best business intelligence DO is the way to go. You get what you pay for while there might some other sites like it and cheaper, you get what you pay for and DO is hands down the best! At my first position where I had to make a decision of what to use I chose one of there competitors and in the end it cost us twice as much because within 4 months we went with DO and since then they are all I use

The ability to get direct lines and e-mail addresses'. The Triggers feed that tells me that there is an upcoming project in my space is unbelievable and in some cases when I call to inquire about the new project from "X" company I know about the project before they do!

DiscoverOrg review by User in Internet

"Going in the right direction"

What do you like best?

The solution is based an extremely sound idea. Research teams find email addresses, company info, phone numbers, etc. This helps ensure that much of the data is relevant. Being in the Enterprise space, one of the best components is the hierarchy functionality. This allows me to quickly find the correct decision makers and team members that will be involved within that process. Overall, I use this tool as a sales executive to find emails, contacts, phone numbers and companies. Salesforce CRM integration is also a great piece of this tool.

What do you dislike?

Although headed in the right direction, there are quite a few Mid & SMB sized organizations that are just not listed in Discover ORg.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the platform is great, I would still look into other solutions like Hoovers, Data.com, Insideview, etc. to ensure you do not need additional data on organizations/contacts. DiscoverOrg is great but primarily for enterprise.

We are always in need of more accurate data regarding our prospective clients. This solution has helped us find contacts and their information that otherwise we would not have. It has saved us plenty of time but resulted directly in closed business

DiscoverOrg review by User in Computer Software

"MY GO-TO SOLUTION FOR SDR/BDR"

What do you like best?

The easy-to-use UI, seamless integration with Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Data can be inaccurate. This can be easily resolved by contacting the account owner. Takes a little time, but the support is impeccable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use your CSM. Many companies do not invest in their post-sales teams. DisoverOrg's entire Customer facing team are rockstars. They are all willing to help, regardless of their role or responsibility.

DiscoverOrg makes everyone on the Sales team accountable for contributing to the pipeline. DiscoverOrg enables the user (SDR, SE or AE) to find net new leads, account segmentation by territory, supplement lead information, update SFDC with one click, build reports for information in DO (data initiatives, employee changes, etc) and investigate new initiatives at various companies. This significantly reduces lead sourcing time and makes the entire team contribute.

DiscoverOrg review by Larry K.
Larry K.

"Terrible Data, Even Worse Customer Service, Management is Delusional - avoid at all costs"

What do you like best?

they have a good sales pitch - seems too good to be true. and it was. reality was nothing close to the sales pitch.

What do you dislike?

the data contains a high number of invalid emails and even worse, spam traps. use of this data is very dangerous as it will destroy email delivery for your domain. avoid at all costs. A small test on a test account got promptly suspended by spamcop due to hitting an email trap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ceo and head of data have lost their marbles. they believe the data is accurate despite SMTP server logs showing "ADDRESS NOT FOUND" etc. complaining about data yields demands that we meet with their support team to talk about how great their data is. avoid at all costs.

we are unable to use any of this as the data is extremely dangerous to use. it is therefore of zero utility. and in fact, it took a few days to verify how bad this product is, so it wasted several days of time and thus produces negative value. this product doesn't offer any free trial so it is impossible to verify their claims until after you purchase.

DiscoverOrg review by Joon Y.
Joon Y.

"Alright - Mediocre use "

What do you like best?

You can see the managers and org very clearly and they also investigate direct lines for you when you request it. There are more in-depth functions for business development and lead generation, I unfortunately did not utilize everything. They keep the numbers/contacts very updated.

What do you dislike?

There are lots of options on the website. it's hard to see everything in one page, I'd say the UX needs improvement. I also utilized their "investigate" function to get some direct lines of managers, but it wasn't too impressive. They were able to get a few of the direct line, but it was about 2-3 out of the 25-26 names I sent over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was similar to Zoominfo but with more functions. I didn't use the features, but apparently you could see projects and people coming off/on jobs. You can also ask them to "research" direct lines for you, I used this function once but didn't get too many numbers from a list of contacts I sent.

I used it to get direct lines for managers to generate lead and fulfill more info about prospective managers. Apparently there were more ways to use it such as seeing people leave/start their new jobs and ongoing/new projects at companies, but I didn't use this function. The managers and customer success managers at Discoverorg contacted me a lot to utilize their full functions, but I just didn't really have the bandwidth to try it all, I was more busy trying to generate leads and meet managers in person.

DiscoverOrg review by Brooke B.
Brooke B.

"Great investment"

What do you like best?

The extremely quick access to a company's tool stack, financials and intent data in just a quick search. It's like having a CRM database without the CRM!

What do you dislike?

My company would say the price, but we understand the value it brings, though it may be hard to invest as a small org.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The fact that they acquired Rain King means over the next few years they will have an amazing amount of data.

We are transitioning to account based marketing strategy and need extreme amounts of data on accounts to target them effectively. We also need to discover new clients.

DiscoverOrg review by Burry S.
Burry S.

"Once you use DiscoverOrg, you'll wonder how you sold without it."

What do you like best?

The best things about DiscoverOrg is that you're able to search for the companies and titles based on your criteria. Then you'll get not only names and direct emails, but phone numbers as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's challenging when emails bounce but it's to be expected with how many contacts there are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it before you buy it and it'll be obvious with the contacts right away.

As a salesperson, prospecting is the most challenging part. With DiscoverOrg, it takes the guesswork out of finding out the right contacts at the companies you're prospecting into.

DiscoverOrg review by Trish B.
Trish B.

"Great tool for prospecting"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to slice and dice data - they make it easy to search by technology, location, industry, company size, etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes that data isnt 100% correct. That makes it a little hard but i have done some verification and i would say for searching by technology, it is about 85% correct, which is rather high.

It makes it easier for our inside sales team to find prospects. Also the ability to find new contacts if our current contact has left the organization is helpful.

DiscoverOrg review by Aneel A.
Aneel A.

"Discover is awesome!"

What do you like best?

As a previous data analyst, I thoroughly enjoy how many different ways you are able to slice and dice through the database (account, title, size, scoops, industry etc)

What do you dislike?

One aspect which they could improve upon is missing accounts and/or leads

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the tutorials!

As a sales rep, my job is to ultimately generate pipeline. I need the right titles (infosec) and right industries (financial services, manufacturing, media/entertainment, etc)

With that said, I am able to prospect via industry-based and title-based

DiscoverOrg review by Sean A.
Sean A.

"Sean's Review"

What do you like best?

The advanced search functionality that allows me to quickly and easily identify prospects and targeted companies to call upon as well as disqualify certain companies or organizations that wouldn’t fit our business model.

What do you dislike?

The fact that our service level does not allow us to se arch detailed contact information for companies with 1,000 or more employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the money invested to get you into the c-level contacts you want to meet.

It is allowing us to quickly discern which companies to target and with whom to speak at those companies.

DiscoverOrg review by Corey H.
Corey H.

"Great for sourcing contacts"

What do you like best?

The team over there is fantastic. Super helpful, will hop on calls with you anytime, and will help you get everything setup correctly. Great training program. It's a powerful tool for searching. I like that they source manually. We use it mainly for sourcing contacts to use for ABM companies and finding relevant companies. The org charts are super helpful for our SDR team.

What do you dislike?

Interface is clunky and not very intuitive. Some things could be made easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the demo and ask very specifically in how you would use it.

Sourcing contacts and ABM lists.

DiscoverOrg review by Jordan H.
Jordan H.

"Incredibly powerful tool, not for every B2B application "

What do you like best?

Intuitive, powerful software for Sales Development Reps. Discover accurate contact information and contextual insights for personalized, effective outreach - supplementing inbound and outbound initiatives.

What do you dislike?

Our organization had to discontinue using DiscoverOrg as our ideal customer profile does not allign well with their database. We found contact info was heavy on IT and light on Field Service profiles. This makes sense considering this was how the company originated - I understand they are continually working on this, and expanding quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your ideal customer profile is outside of IT, and non-enterprise, be sure to dig deep on your trial to uncover if the job titles you're after are fully implemented. The support and sales staff are top notch and will work with you in evaluating.

Validating inbound leads with contextual data, analyzing organizational structures to determine the appropriate contact to include on product demonstrations. Boosting outbound initiatives.

DiscoverOrg review by John S.
John S.

"Amazing prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. The interface allows me to easily find contacts/company's with an easy search bar at the top of every screen. I can build my own lists and follow companies/employees that have compelling changes that help me book meetings with accurate data.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how in some cases when the employees aren't top tiered I am limited to company number not direct line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use is better than any competition

Getting to the decision makers quickly and knowing the hierarchy of employees they manage.

DiscoverOrg review by Christine K.
Christine K.

"Great company!"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has been a pleasure to work with ever since I started. They are always very responsive and care that each customer is using the tool to its full potential. We love using the triggers from DiscoverOrg to figure out the latest things companies around us are working on. I feel lucky that we have such a great sales rep that is constantly checking in to make sure everything is going smoothly. I also really like the new UI. It makes it unbelievably easy to use!

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. More of a recommendation is that we wish there was more federal information. We do realize that federal information is a much harder thing to gather and distribute.

The benefits are definitely in the triggers and then being able to contact people from that organization to follow up on future projects or current projects.

"DiscoverOrg Review- CloudBees"

What do you like best?

Scoops, Technologies used. The integration with SFDC is easy and extremely useful. Very easy to prospect an account that is greenfield.

What do you dislike?

Many leads lack direct dials, some outdated information, i.e. people who have retired longer than 6 months ago. I use DO to prospect software companies, but some of the job titles that are under TEDD and IT include people who are not actually in TEDD or IT. Example- some "engineers" in TEDD/IT are actually mechanical or electrical engineers.

Would be very helpful if your site would tell me who was already uploaded to our CRM as I prospected to save time.

I prospect into state/local/fed government, so this site is less useful for those accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

work on integration with SFDC or other CRM's to see which prospects have already been added to reduce time spent prospecting. I like DiscoverOrg a lot but spending long periods of time prospecting can be very tedious and is sometimes my least favorite part of my day.

Lack of transparency into large accounts- solved using org charts and be watching new arrivals and departures to/from company at higher levels. DO can be very helpful to use to break into accounts where I may not have any sales or marketing generated leads

DiscoverOrg review by Administrator

"DiscoverOrg Review "

What do you like best?

I like how it seamlessly integrates into Salesforce. It is really easy to download leads into campaigns in Salesforce and instantly start marketing to them. I am also really enjoying seeing what technology our prospects are using. This has been extremely useful in how we are framing our messaging to these prospects. One feature that has been instrumental to our sales team is the org chart. The org chart has been a huge help in helping to identify who to target and how to target them. The summary reports are also really helpful as well as it has all of the information we need in a digestable format.

What do you dislike?

I've been finding that employee addresses are not always accurate. This has been a bit of an issue in our direct mail campaigns. I have also been finding that phone numbers are missing too with some of the contacts. This at times proves to be frustrating, especially when I am trying to set call campaigns with my inside sales team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend DiscoverOrg to any marketing professional. The only thing to be cautious of is permission based marketing. If using a marketing automation platform, you'll want to check to make sure you can blast emails to leads who have not opted in.

We are solving our top of funnel lead generation goals with DiscoverOrg. We were having an issue in generating new leads, DiscoverOrg has helped us with this problem. We now have access to contacts at all of our top prospect companies. Additionally, we have also seen an uptick in meetings set using DiscoverOrg. We are now able to target the right people at the right time resulting in more meetings and more revenue in our sales pipeline.

"DiscoverOrg Review"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is a great tool for uploading new prospects into salesforce quickly and in bulk. They often provide email addresses and sometimes direct phone numbers for those prospects as well. If they do not already have a prospect's contact info in their database, you can make a request and they will hunt it down for you. I would say there's a 50/50 chance they'll find it.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that many of the prospects I find on LinkedIn and want to upload into Salesforce aren't in the DiscoverOrg database and when I make a request for them to be added with their contact info, it's only a 50/50 chance they'll find it. I often have to add prospects to Salesforce manually and find their contact info on my own. The DiscoverOrg database is incomplete and often not up-to-date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool but it needs to be supplemented with other tools and manual activity. Prospects, their email addresses, and their direct phone numbers are often not available in their database. I have to call and send emails myself to verify contact info and I previously used Zoom Info at the same time as DiscoverOrg and ZoomInfo seemed to have more direct lines and much higher accuracy.

I use it to find the contact info of prospects and add them to Salesforce quickly and in bulk however, many of the prospects I'm looking for are not in the database, or their contact info is missing, incomplete, or incorrect.

DiscoverOrg review by User

"For large uploads can be useful,"

What do you like best?

Upload to salesforce tool. The triggers that send us news and updates on companies.

What do you dislike?

I've found people within IT department on LinkedIn, used the plugin to see DiscoverOrg has them, but many scenarios come up where I cannot load to salesforce because data is "locked". When we asked our rep why, they asked us to pay for more data by purchasing access to other types of people. The selling model is ridiculous, over priced, and poorly managed. When we brought a team in our office to help with "training", they spent the majority of the time pitching us upsells and not helping with training for more than 15% of the entire time. Huge time waste for a team of sales rep who want to understand best processes. Instead heard about a portion of product we don't want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand what your paying for, not everything is included. Negotiate the pricing.

Uploading contacts and discovering news about target accounts.

DiscoverOrg review by User

"Great tool for building prospecting lists"

What do you like best?

The best feature or Discover Org is being able to tailor searches according to what are described as 'Scoops'. These are effectively ongoing projects, pain points, transformations that Discover Org has identified within different organisations. Working for a software company being able to see which prospect accounts are looking at areas such as DevOps, Automation etc really helps me to tailor my messaging and demonstrates I understand the current goals of an account.

What do you dislike?

Job titles can sometimes be a bit generic and this can lead to some confusion when messaging these contacts. It would help to always have a description associated with a contact to ensure you really know what the person you are reaching out to is responsible for and more importantly what they actually care about!

The main problem it is helping with is the move towards approaching new accounts/new contacts that do not have an awareness of our product. Being able to build lists of cold contacts is something we've struggled with in the past and the use of key search terms really allow us to target our messaging and engage new accounts that otherwise we wouldn't have access to. The ability to import these contacts directly into SF is also a massive time-saver.

DiscoverOrg review by User

"Positive Prospecting experience and contact information"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see company fiscal year information, size of company (employees and market cap), information about individual members of the company and their contact information, general phone number, and more.

What do you dislike?

The information can sometimes be quite out of date. I have to double check if the information is accurate using another source which can be frustrating, especially after importing a contact and the contact hasn't been with the company for over 2 years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use DiscoverOrg in conjunction with another source of information to double check. Very useful when you can verify the information they provide.

Prospecting in network and information security is difficult because many security practitioners are very secretive and sometimes don't have a LinkedIn or any type of social media. DiscoverOrg allows us to have some leads handed to us with contact infor