DiscoverOrg

DiscoverOrg

(1,248)

DiscoverOrg provides accurate, integrated, and actionable sales and marketing intelligence - including in-depth company, contact, org charts, and buying trigger data.

Work for DiscoverOrg?

Learning about DiscoverOrg?

DiscoverOrg Reviews

Ask DiscoverOrg a Question
DiscoverOrg review by Keith B.
Keith B.

"Not your average data mining tool!!"

What do you like best?

PROS::

Platform allowed me to maintain top ranking within current sales organization which I directly attribute to DiscoverOrg.

Multiple ways one can leverage and in turn apply data to ultimately help increase market share.

Superior level of customer service.

What do you dislike?

There was one instance that the individual I called into was automatically on the offensive due to multiple calls he had received that day directly attributed to his information being published through this service. That being said, I have made hundreds of outreach campaigns and only ONE occurrence is not too bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have compared their services to another like minded service and by far DiscoverOrg delivers a far superior product/platform and customer support team.

supplement lead flow; ensure sales funnel is constantly full with opportunities in every stage of the sales cycle;

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DiscoverOrg
Showing 1,274 DiscoverOrg reviews
DiscoverOrg review by Francesca B.
Francesca B.

"Great program with up to date info"

What do you like best?

I love the option to see valuable insights on the company to include the technologies their leveraging. It's important for our selling organization to have an idea what their utilizing to date and where- network, applications, CRM etc.. Also the org chart information is very extensive- not only does it show me the executives and their ranking but also routes me to their LinkedIn. Similar companies tab can also help when it comes to identifying competitors.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more SFDC friendly in terms of integration and sometimes when I go to click on other platforms out of Discover Org it takes awhile to route me there. Within the scoops I was wondering if they could perhaps source where they are extrapolating the articles from and how valid they are because I'm not sure where exactly their coming from- a reputable source?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think overall Discover org has done a good job at progressing their ability to do more with the platform. However, the process to reinstall the program to get more features is intricate- I have to reach out to our DiscoverOrg rep for help more then I feel like I should to make sure I'm getting the most out of my license.

I'm able to see most up to date information on a company to include what their IT budget is and who the decision makers might be within the org chart

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DiscoverOrg
DiscoverOrg review by JC Q.
JC Q.

"Stellar prospecting tool "

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is the key component to prospecting and obtaining information on certain companies across the globe. The ability to search by region, vertical/industry, employee count or revenue give my team access to a myriad of contacts.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to add more of the smaller companies (100+ employees). We work with a lot of start-up's and having access to their contacts would be huge in our prospecting process. The search feature only allows users to choose from whats on their autocomplete, rather than being able to just search and see a list of results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As previously stated, DiscoverOrg provides a myriad of prospecting capabilities. The ability to search using different filters makes the process more streamline and less frustrating. My favorite is search by the company's "technologies", for example "using Hadoop, Elastic, AWS etc." this gives us insight to which specific technologies that segment is using which helps us tailor our messaging.

Our company is fortunate enough to have inbound inquiries, yet a sales organization cannot solely rely on these methods. Outbound prospecting is as crucial to gaining leverage within our industry and making sure we proactively reach out to all potential customers. DiscoverOrg gives us the ability to import contacts directly into Salesforce, which saves a lot of time and tedious input.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

DiscoverOrg review by Jonathan F.
Jonathan F.

"The best at what they do"

What do you like best?

Detailed contact data that is updated on a regular basis. Many other databases have outdated information that proves to be wildly incorrect. We've not had that issue with DiscoverOrg.

What do you dislike?

The scope of companies they research tends to be weighted on the large end. We've been told by our account rep that they prioritize research requests from larger clients like Google which can push our needs to the back of the queue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's expensive - no question. But if you are struggling to identify company information and contacts quickly and reliably, then DiscoverOrg can be worth the investment. Understand going in that they won't have every company you want, but if you work with your account rep to get your research requests prioritized, you can find a lot of value. Start with a few datasets and grow once you know who you want to be in touch with.

The most challenging part of lead gen for us is finding the right people to begin a conversation with. DiscoverOrg does this work for us for the companies they have profiled.

DiscoverOrg review by Cameron C.
Cameron C.

"outstanding sales intelligence solution for our outbound efforts"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has been a great marketing and sales intelligence solution for myself and the rest of our sales development team. DiscoverOrg has allowed me to accurately identify specific accounts and prospects to outreach to regarding our solution. The solution has significantly impacted my Account-Based Sales/Marketing methodology with access to the right information (intelligence) for my outbound efforts. With the acquisition of RainKing, DiscoverOrg is clearly the leader in the sales intelligence industry and I wouldn't search anywhere else for another solution.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike with a solution like DiscoverOrg that is focused on enabling sales and marketing teams with the most accurate prospect information. It would be great if they built in a sync with CRMs to identify when accounts and prospects are already within your CRM ecosystem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Phenomenal product for identifying accounts and prospects to outbound to for your services.

DiscoverOrg is providing our sales team with access to the most accurate account and prospect data for our outbound efforts in driving meetings and closed business. The solution is certainly increasing our connect rates and interactions with prospects.

DiscoverOrg review by Christen D.
Christen D.

"Great Prospecting Software for Marketing & Sales"

What do you like best?

This software has many informational fields to create targeted prospect lists based on role, industry, company size by employees or by revenue.

What do you dislike?

Some of the contact data is not as up to date as sold with many people no longer at the company or not tagged as in the right role. In addition, while the software is sold as an "opt in" with permission, it is clear that some contacts are not aware they are on a targeted list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider this product if you are looking for ways to jump-start lead generation efforts within marketing and sales. I like how the software allows you to create prospect lists by industry, role and company size. However, be aware that although contacts have opted in to a list, they have not necessarily opted in to your marketing or sales list.

We were launching a new brand and had to build a marketing program from scratch - as we didn't have a marketing list or prospect list to start lead generation email marketing efforts. Although we sent quite a few emails to large lists in the beginning, we have realized higher than average email open rates and click throughs, so we are very pleased with the engagement from contacts within the program.

DiscoverOrg review by Gregory G.
Gregory G.

"Large, easy to navigate prospect database "

What do you like best?

Easy to save and sort prospects

Plethora of advanced search options

Compatibility and ease of use when uploading to CRM

They have the "right" contacts - decision makers from multiple areas of the business

Mulitple subscription options based on what your target market is

Frequent organizational triggers provide talking points and awareness to organizational initiatives

Customize-able alerts

Seamless integration with Salesforce allowing you to view information without navigating to other web pages

What do you dislike?

Occasionally outdated or incorrect technologies

ERP information often includes products no longer used at that organization

Occasional slow performance

DiscoverOrg allows me to grow my prospect base with majority accurate information. I'm identifying the correct people at organizations that I should be prospecting to. It also allows me to confirm accounts already in our system have the right contacts we should be reaching out to.

DiscoverOrg review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Fantastic Fortune 1000 and Alexa 5000 contacts"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg BY FAR has the best contact information I've ever seen for the biggest companies in the U.S. BY FAR. One time, a senior security staff member was upset with me because I had his direct line. It's a testament to the quality of data you're receiving. Someone who goes to great lengths to remove all information on themselves online still shows up in DiscoverOrg with high-quality data.

What do you dislike?

Very little. I'm very impressed by both the platform and the support at DiscoverOrg. Sometimes the data can be stale, but by no means as stale as the other data providers. The platform can be difficult to navigate and slice/dice data because of the sheer volume of information provided. Once, I had a hard time connecting with the support team and had to wait on hold for a while, but other than that the Support team was very helpful in returning my calls and emails!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to clearly understand your objectives before considering this platform. It's not cheap!

We're successfully scaling our Enterprise team because of the data provided. Direct lines. Direct emails. All great data! Our issue with other data providers has been solved (specifically for the Fortune 1000 and Alexa 5000 companies) and our productivity is higher than ever! We've been able to focus our efforts on the Enterprise team on higher-priority accounts.

DiscoverOrg review by Mysty L.
Mysty L.

"So far so GREAT!"

What do you like best?

I love the news feed feature that allows you to receive company alerts and updates about trends in your industry. It makes it easy to know good talking tracks with companies.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that how my account is setup I'm not able to view all contacts in all departments. Sometimes my contact person falls outside of the departments we have in our accounts so it'd be nice to have an open view of everything.

I'm able to quickly dive into accounts with proper contacts as before I was running into a lot of old contacts in our Salesforce system. It would take me endless hours to get into accounts via Linkedin so this tool helps with my efficiency. My major benefit is being able to solve time and get through accounts quickly.

DiscoverOrg review by Andrew J.
Andrew J.
View Original

"Good Data Set"

What do you like best?

We enjoyed our onboarding, the knowledgeable sales rep that we had and the accuracy of the datasets.

What do you dislike?

Only gripe was once you told DOrg we were terminating and will not be renewing - they turned off our team's ability to export contacts even if you have time left on your contract (this is a fine print in the hyperlinked EULA they hide in the contact). Make sure to red line that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes - I would reccomend

We looked at DOrg to start our outbound sale campaigns.

DiscoverOrg review by Marcus B.
Marcus B.

"Best Sales BI Tool I've Used"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg takes prospecting to the next level with its advanced filtering options. You're able to set customary subscriptions to virtually anything that changes within in an organization you're sought after - including their own industry scoops provided by their stellar research team. If you work on an outbound team that is limited in lead generation resources or don't have a strong re-marketing program, this is a great way to get insight into initiatives you'd otherwise never know about within an organization. In addition, if you report an error - their team will open a ticket and go through great lengths to ensure company information is accurate - they will update you, and even sometimes let you know where this contact has moved on to. Now That's IN SANE!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you need to use list syncing to know your accounts being worked. I wish there was a way where it would know that an account already exists within our CRM that is assigned to a user. Additionally, based on what would be left over - being able to check off accounts that I've already touched and not see them anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should certainly consider if you're in the market for tools like Zoom Info, Sales Nav, etc.

We are solving sales outreach issues where we have little internal data about the companies we're going after. In addition, DiscoverOrg updates its database in real time - versus LinkedIn that relies on the end user to update their career changes. They will always have intel on when employees leave even before their last day, and will also update on hiring initiatives which is a huge indicator if the decision-making department is making strategic hires connected to your product offering.

DiscoverOrg review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"I love this product"

What do you like best?

It has so many amazing features. It makes my life and job stress free. I enjoy the scoops feature. It is above and beyond any other tool I have used. The organizational charts are also very helpful so you know how to get to the right person instead of going through gatekeepers. Discover org is the best tool on the market. I love discover org it is the best I love it.

What do you dislike?

There isnt much I dislike about it, it has an easy dashboard. the competition isnt even close to what discover.org has to offer. I will recommend it to any one that i work with or know that is currently working inside the business development world thank you discover org you are the best know one can touch what you can do

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scoops is the best feature

I use it to help me find quality leads. Scoops is an amazing feature that allows you insight on what a company is looking for. It is the best tool for a business development role and would recommend it to any company out there. thank you discover org thank you thank you tou are truly a lifesaver i cant live without you. you are the best and i want all people to use you. thank you thankyou thank you thank you

DiscoverOrg review by Tyler F.
Tyler F.

"Quick and easy way to find the necessary IT contacts"

What do you like best?

A lot of data on most customers. This gives a great way to target specific people and let marketing get more people to market to as well. Nice to get a corporate hierarchy for companys with subsidiaries. Makes finding which territory they go into easy. We use DiscoverOrg as our source of truth for company employee size which determines which team the company falls to. Scoops is a very valuable tool that appears to be pretty accurate. Maybe slightly delayed in reporting, but compared to other tools with a similar feature Scoops is in a league of its own.

What do you dislike?

Some of the contact info is outdated. You will choose 15 people within a department and on average 4 or 5 of the emails will bounce back. Most are due to the fact they no longer work for the company. This is to be expected with any search tool of this size, so really not a big problem. Not much else I would complain about at this time.

This helps give final say as to where a company is headquartered and how many employees they have. We use these metrics to divide our sales territories internally. We are new to utilizing scoops, but they appear to have great potential on giving us a heads up to new projects our prospects are about to engage in.

DiscoverOrg review by Zach W.
Zach W.

"Actionable Intelligence"

What do you like best?

The transparency DiscoverOrg offers into the organizations we're speaking with is vital to our team's success. We're able to not only receive contact information but establish the hierarchy and get an insight into what matters to them via Scoops and OpAlerts. This helps to make our outreach personable and actionable.

What do you dislike?

While the information is usually accurate, there can be some issues getting phone numbers precisely correct. That being said, the team at DO is always happy to research and correct any incorrect or outdated info very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend investing the time and effort with the implementation team to establish your knowledge base and fully implement the product to it's fullest potential. The information I gleaned from proceeding through the full breadth of the training was invaluable, and it allowed me to use the platform to uncover accurate, actionable, and insightful information that enabled me to provide maximum value to my team. You only get as much out of any tool as you put in, and your time investment with DO will be richly rewarded with better outreach, more insightful discussions with your prospects, more meetings, and more revenue.

Much as I mentioned above, DO helps us refine our outreach. This saves us from sending well crafted and researched content to half guessed email addresses, rendering the effort we put in entirely useless. I spend far less time on hold, navigating archaic phone trees only to leave a voicemail. It's a godsend.

DiscoverOrg review by Cameron C.
Cameron C.

"Awesome sales prospecting tool "

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has been a very valuable tool to identify accounts to reach out to in regards to our platform. Additionally, DiscoverOrg provides valuable insights into key individuals at these companies, their contact information, organizational charts as well as technologies that they already have in place.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, the information provided in DiscoverOrg is outdated, inaccurate or somewhat lacking. However, the nice part about this is being able to request that their internal team takes a look into whatever I believe to be inaccurate and they are quick (typically within 24 hours) to notify me of the request and any changes to it. This is very valuable as it gives me back time in my day to prioritize other activities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DiscoverOrg is a very valuable tool as an individual sales rep that has certainly helped me in my BDR/SDR role and now as an Account Executive.

By using DiscoverOrg we are solving the ability to identify key accounts/companies, individuals at the companies to speak with about our platform as well as their contact information. DiscoverOrg has allowed me to focus on my selling activities.

DiscoverOrg review by Trevor  S.
Trevor S.

"Fantastic Product"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has the most accurate data across the board from the tools I have used in my career.

What do you dislike?

The only feature I have noticed is a lack of the ability to build lead lists with corporate Hierarchy built in. For example, I manage a territory and our organization maps accounts based on the ultimate corporate hierarchy. Meaning a lead in my territory may actually roll to an account that has a parent outside of my territory. This would not be my lead to work but would go to whatever rep covers the ultimate parent account. This is pretty common sales rules of engagement.

Discoverorg can map hierarchy on accounts, just not lead views. This has been the only thing the platform seems to lack after using it for 60 days. Fantastic product!

DiscoverOrg helps us go after accounts that we would spend forever building out manually. Like, months at best.

DiscoverOrg review by Julius v.
Julius v.

"A great platform for finding leads and great intelligence however the phone numbers are run down "

What do you like best?

The Org charts are great for targeting, especially for ABM. You can find the right targets and upload them into your CRM in minutes. They also have emails that are verified so there is no wondering whether or not the email will actually send out to the prospect. Also the scoops can be very informative and lead you to where the prospects pain is.

What do you dislike?

I am assuming a whole lot of businesses use Discover.org to call their prospects because it's becoming tougher and tougher to reach actual prospects with more numbers ringing twice and then going to voicemail. Also a lot of the data is cut off depending on what you purchase, there is always a feeling that the person you need to reach is in a section of data that isn't made available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would see whether you want to do dial heavy cadences, if so then getting phone numbers may not be the best usecase for the product. The intelligence and org charts are where the value lies.

Finding who does what in an organization is easier than before and finding messaging based on their information is efficient as well.

DiscoverOrg review by Matthew T.
Matthew T.

"Useful but a few limitations"

What do you like best?

Overall ease of use and ability to navigate and learn about companies. I also find the scoops to be useful at times although it would be nice to have an option to filter them. The amount of contact data is strong and the ability to import account level and contact level data right into CRM is great. I find responses from DiscoverOrg to be quick when bad data is spotted.

What do you dislike?

The hierarchy/org charts tend to be pretty inaccurate and outdated.

Additionally, I sometimes find that there are people not in the employees section who should be or who are easy to find on LI and company website. This isn't uncommon with other providers, either, and most of the time I can find the right folks.

The list building feature can be a little challenging and often returns too many results when you have a very specific niche market with titles that have high variability -- which is the norm in today's organizations. Can spend a lot of time weeding through the wrong people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can be useful and likely offers even more value (than I receive) for certain industries, etc.

I can quickly find information and use it to support sales calls and prospecting efforts.

DiscoverOrg review by Melissa B.
Melissa B.

"Have to have"

What do you like best?

I like the scoops section the best. It gives you insight that you can't find anywhere else. You can also run detailed reports and get a very specific list together for prospecting.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that you cannot mark contacts that you have reached out to already, so I export lists and keep an excel file that I reference so I don't end up emailing the same people over and over again. Our company doesn't give us permissions to send to our CRM so we don't have another way to keep track.

Prospecting leads is the number one thing I use this for. I have also used it to figure out hierarchy in a company. The most helpful are the scoops, one time I was prospecting a company and realized that they just filed bankruptcy...if I didn't have this information I would have wasted a lot of time.

DiscoverOrg review by Raul G.
Raul G.

"Great tool fro prospecting "

What do you like best?

The ability to send contacts straight into the CRM. The data is valuable and that really helps keep our CRM clean. I do like the request research button as well. although, I was not made aware of it until we received more formal training from a CSM. This is the first time that I have wokredi nan org where a CSM was so willing to show new tools and really.

What do you dislike?

We work in a commercial/mid-market space and some companies are not in the database. However, we have the ability to send requests too. Thethe small widget that runs on the website is also sometimes hard to pull up because it will not appear on the main screen until you reach the very bottom of the page. I know that the projects is expanding and I am excited to see whats next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It is worth it

Dirty (invalid) data in Salesforce. We have been around for about 5 years and have yet to get a SFDC admin that can monitor our data but Discover helps keep us up to date. Being in outbound sales, you have to be able to call upon the right be people and be able to know the people in the org who are relevant to what you offer. Nothing is more frustrating than pulling up a directory but not having the correct extension to dial. Discover actually provides the extension when you upload the contact info into the CRM. THAT IS AMAZING

DiscoverOrg review by Emad A.
Emad A.

"Amazing Resource. Accuracy of information better than most!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Multiple tabulations for saved searches and accessible support. Allows to make corrections. List export is also very useful whereas other platforms do not have that capability. Trustworthy and clear indication using the org structure feature.

What do you dislike?

Limitation of Canadian data and information. No Mobile app (at least I have not been made aware of it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would ease the new users into the platform by showing options of how to integrate with social media platforms like LinkedIn. It becomes and indispensable tool when generating leads and verifying accuracy of the information available.

Breakdown of different technology users with at least 80% accuracy.Search by region and technologies is a BIG PLUS and of course, a benefit.

DiscoverOrg review by Alecs L.
Alecs L.

"Has been a great tool so far!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and validity of the data provided. Everything is packaged in an easy-to-use way. Once you get the initial training, it is pretty easy to get it up and running.

What do you dislike?

I have several prospects in SFDC whose companies are recognized by DiscoverOrg. Many of them hold C level positions, however, they aren't listed in DiscoverOrgs Org Charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide if the investment is worth it. Do you have the right reps to properly implement the solution and receive the anticipated ROI?

We are expanding into Enterprise markets and DiscoverOrg helps us leverage potential buying decisions and realizing areas where we can help. We don't sound like just another cold call because we have targeted research and information pertaining to the specific prospects/companies.

DiscoverOrg review by Jacob B.
Jacob B.

"Accurate and up to date data. Awesome support."

What do you like best?

Any question I have had the support team has been very communicative and made sure a fix was found. The data in DiscoverOrg is very accurate. Other tools I used had a lot of out of date data and a lot of wasted time was spent prospecting bad leads. DiscoverOrg has provided up to date data and is constantly updating that data.

What do you dislike?

I feel like DiscoverOrg is more for the quality play rather than the quantity play. There are a lot of prospects I run across that aren't in DiscoverOrg but will be in another tool. There isn't a clean way to do large suppression lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is that if your organization is looking at the Account Based Marketing approach or even a strategic approach where correct data is a big factor and having a lot of available data on accounts is valuable then DiscoverOrg is a great option. If you are looking for quantity when it comes to available prospects then I might chose another platform.

Our company has some strategic initiatives where having up to date and correct is very important. DisoverOrg has been great to see insights, see a wide variety of available data that helps deals move faster.

Overall, the Salesforce integration has been a nice addition when adding leads.

DiscoverOrg review by Christian G.
Christian G.

"DiscoverOrg helps me find leads and navigate through an org chart"

What do you like best?

I love the real time triggers that I can set up for myself on a daily/weekly basis based on a ton of helpful criteria - Company, keywords, technologies, etc. It helps me understand what's going on with those organizations and gives me the knowledge to craft my message to their exact needs. I also love the fact that I can click a button and import the records directly into my CRM right from the company's org chart. Speaking of org chart, If I can't get through to a systems admin - I can reach out to their boss. I now have that knowledge at my finger tips. It's great!

What do you dislike?

The MS Dynamics integration pushes records into the system, but the options/settings are minimal. It doesn't even put DiscoverOrg as the lead source on the record it imports. That would really be my only gripe.

Main problem it solves is understanding how the IT department is organized at a company. If I talk to a handful of people at an organization and get their titles and look them up on LinkedIn, that only gives me part of the picture. Once I see the department in an org chart, I now know that (for example) someone that was speaking highly of our product is below someone that had some reservations about our product. Now I know that I need to focus on the person that had reservations about the product, rather than get excited about the person who's not a decision maker.

DiscoverOrg review by Austin F.
Austin F.

"The best way to research new accounts"

What do you like best?

The mass indexing of many different companies. If you need a list of industrial products companies with eCommerce managers in Canada, this is the best tool to utilize. But if need to find an individual at a companies contact data, DiscoverOrg, is a great reference, same goes for if you're trying to find an email or email format of a particular company. DiscoverOrg also provides news and alerts to new company initiatives. Great tool for contacting opportunities at the right time.

What do you dislike?

There is dated information. Which is to be expected, but sometimes a company or company's contacts can get confused. For example, I was trying reaching out to a Demand Generation Manager at a company that shared the same initials as the company I was trying to contact. This can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pull the trigger! This is the best products for researching companies.

Constantly trying to search and find people to contact for sales opportunities. I mainly utilized LinkedIn to find the individual contact, but every other part of the prospecting process I utilized DiscoverOrg for.

DiscoverOrg review by Rahul S.
Rahul S.

"With DiscoverOrg Research & Lead Generation makes more sense"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg provides both qualitative and quantitative data. I uses it as per the requirement. The quality of information is updated & accurate. All related Triggers(scoops) and Bulk export of Data makes most of my operations easy. It delivers the best data. Customer support is also good. Quickly responded while raising research request. Provide Sales and Marketing team best intelligent report.

What do you dislike?

Multiple users cannot login at same time using single ID if need in urgency. Expensive is one part but can be ignore while looking at quality of data. Exporting data some time takes a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Triggers(scoops) are really impressive. using Org Chart for Prospecting helped us a lot. While campaigning using bulk exporting is very interesting by applying keywords of targeted audience.

DiscoverOrg review by William L.
William L.

"Really helps you dig for and find relevant data"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg isn't a difficult platform to use. The system is well laid out and easy to understand after a short introductory period. We can access company information that can't be found, or isn't easily found, through public channels. It's a great tool to accessing complete company data. Everything is stored and managed in one concise, so it says us a bunch of time from tracking information down. We can also see contact's LinkedIn profiles, which is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. It may take some time to get used to at first, since there is quite a bit of data and many options to work with. There are definitely many companies not included that I'd like to see included, so I the database can grow more quickly, that would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a way to target data in an easy and intuitive way, DiscoverOrg can be a great tool for you. Once you get acquainted with the system, you'll see that searching for data can be a breeze and you may even enjoy digging around and looking for gems. It might seem overwhelming to use at first, be everything will likely make more sense after you use it while.

We can go right to relevant contacts, which saves time and can greatly improve conversation opportunities. We spend less time researching contacts and can access detailed contact data so we can more precisely tailor our communications for them. We can be more confident speaking to contacts when we know more about them.

DiscoverOrg review by Jill H.
Jill H.

"DiscoverOrg is a Time Saver"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use, provides many options for streamlining my searches, and saves my searches. I like that I get an email when my saved search has new or additional information for me to review.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need to do a search on a particular company that is not in DiscoverOrg. But I can request that they research said company. Also, I don't like that my dataset doesn't include all C-suite employees from a particular company. Each dataset is fairly expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's expensive, but the information is great. It's mostly up=to-date, tons of relevant information about companies and people. It's a great resource tool.

I have a research team in my company that does what DIscoverOrg does, only it's a very manual process. DiscoverOrg enables my team to focus on more relevant information to help my sales team.

DiscoverOrg review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Extension / Plugin Capabilities"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg integrates seamlessly with our CRM, Salesforce, allowing our team to prospect with ease. Having the extensive amount of information found in DiscoverOrg at your fingertips clearly shows which information matches / does not match between your CRM and their Database. Also, having DiscoverOrg's chrome extension makes viewing organizational structure easy, and is a great reference when evaluating individual companies/departments.

What do you dislike?

When working with smaller companies data is less abundant and fewer prospects have direct phone lines/email addresses listed. Often when using the "Broad Search" feature within the Salesforce extension, I am unable to find what I am looking for and resort to other sources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to work with your Contacts to increase list size. Packaging options for products are a bit confusing, and the normal package should have a bit more visability into the C-Level Suite.

Using both the organizational structure and triggered email alerts for market activity, our sales team has been able to glean valuable information and insight into companies that are making vendor changes. This allows us to enter into a sales conversation in a timely manor.

DiscoverOrg review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"They put their money where their mouth is"

What do you like best?

Support is amazing. When I get a bounced email and submit a request they reply within 24 hours almost every time. It's great. Also, the intelligence on each account helps with outreach.

What do you dislike?

The number of recruiters in the database. It makes it difficult to do high volume for an extended period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How big is their database for the contacts you need? How many people are you going to contact in a day? Is firmographic/technographic/org chart data important to outreach? Does Discover provide the information most important to your messaging?

We are solving the problem of bad contacts. We quadrupled the number of meetings being set. Granted, we went from not have a database to having one.

DiscoverOrg review by Kelly C.
Kelly C.

"Very helpful for direct numbers, some personnel data is outdated as well as some of the scoops"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of locating direct phone numbers. The discover extension is also very helpful when I'm using linkedin and deciding who to target.

What do you dislike?

Some of the active personnel I've found to be outdated. Overall though it's still very helpful. The scoops are harder to navigate with the new set up, it's taken quite a bit of getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The keyword option is a little overwhelming, boolean searches are much easier than selecting keywords though. The new update has made it a little harder to navigate since the acquisition of rainking, I mostly work with saved searches instead of running new seatches.

Getting around calling the same receptionist over and over. It's also helpful for finding contacts that don't use linkedin/upcoming projects.

DiscoverOrg review by Daniel G.
Daniel G.

"Review for DiscoverOrg"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is by far the most intuitive platform for lead sourcing/prospecting I have ever used in my sales career. Their platform bakes in well with Salesforce.com and being a Salesforce shop we work within that tool daily. DiscoverOrg support and customer service team are also second to none. When issues arise they are typically resolved within an hour.

Great overall tool for getting accurate and up to date information.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes of the platform that I can think of.

We are prospecting major accounts and getting to the right people for our market center prospects. The benefit of knowing they have active projects for what our company provides is a huge benefit for the revenue org.

DiscoverOrg review by Mitch K.
Mitch K.

"DiscoverOrg Review"

What do you like best?

Not a bad GUI. Other than that, I have no positive comments to say about my experience with DiscoverOrg. Everything from the product, the support to the sales person has been a horrible and expensive experience.

What do you dislike?

Bad data. Unethical licensing. Bait and switch. Ex) They merged with RainKing, yet they won't include the RK contacts without paying extra for the license you already have. It's not RK anymore, it's DiscoverOrg, we'd like the data we are paying for.

Does not integrate well with Salesforce. Has caused lots of issues with our lead routing. We had to turn off features to import international leads, which caused issues in SFDC.

A significant portion of the data is WRONG. They want customers to notify each time data is wrong, although there is not enough time in day. Take some of the money you've stolen from us and hire people to make sure you're data is correct. It's not your customers' job to fix your garbage data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not waste your time and money to get locked in with an unethical company with bad data. There are many other much more cost efficient tools that actually have good data and support.

It has caused more problems than it has solved. I've been very vocal with my peers on why they should not use DiscoverOrg.

DiscoverOrg review by User in Computer Software

"Ease of use combined with plenty of information"

What do you like best?

What I've found great is the ease of use of the platform. The information is very well put together and sectioned which makes the research very easy and fast. In a sales development role where everything has to be efficient and fast paced, having the research of DiscoverOrg has helped me tremendously. The DiscoverOrg team is a pleasure to work with, they are very responsive and helpful, whenever I needed something they were very prompt in helping out. I would recommend DiscoverOrg to anyone, they've done a great job in enhancing the platform and product capabilities taking prospecting activities to the next level.

What do you dislike?

Working with Enterprise and Key accounts is a challenge for start and would like to have all their divisions and branches available under the family tree. However, anytime I needed a specific branch/division I reached out to the DiscoverOrg team and they were very prompt in helping adding them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a platform you want your sales force to be using.

Very efficient prospecting, understanding the companies and people I want to reach out to. Since I've started to use it it's my Go To place to enhance my knowledge about my new and existing customers.

DiscoverOrg review by Ashley B.
Ashley B.

"DiscoverOrg has really enhanced our lead quality and allowed us to have better outreach."

What do you like best?

I am a big fan of the blue chevron on the side of my web pages that allows me to do a quick search on companies or people. It allows me to quickly find out where the headquarters of a company is, number of employees, revenue, and more. I like having quick access to all of the data as well as potential contact information. It has really helped me to enrich our existing leads and find new ones to prospect. I also like that the list creating features allow you to create a list with search parameters as broad or narrow as you'd like. This helps me to really dive deep if I want to see something very specific.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I've only found two things that I dislike about DiscoverOrg. 1) I'm uncertain about the accuracy of the Scoops. Often times when I call an organization that supposedly has a project in the works, they either don't or have already completed one recently, or the contact given has no relation or idea about a project.

Data enrichment and integration has been a problem we've been working on over the past year. DiscoverOrg has definitely helped to enrich old data and it's integration with Salesforce has been great.

DiscoverOrg review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"Best sales intelligence tool out there by far!"

What do you like best?

Huge database with verified contact info. Easily able to slice and dice the data for specific campaigns.

What do you dislike?

As the database grows, it is harder to keep all of the data up to dat and I am finding more outdated info. But the DiscoverOrg research team is great about getting them updated once you put in a "Fix It request"!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you are looking to build out your outbound prospecting efforts or you strictly work inbound leads, DiscoverOrg is well worth the investment! From the most accurate data on the market to all of the integrations with other tools to help you easily move the data around and easily track progress and successes throughout the sales process.

LinkedIn is great for finding who's there and what their title is but rarely do they provide their contact info. That's where DiscoverOrg comes in! I can use LinkedIn to see who is there and if/when they are in the DiscoverOrg database, I can see their contact info and upload it directly into SFDC!

DiscoverOrg review by User

"Valuable prospecting tool to grow your organization"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has a large database, usually with multiple contacts per organization - even the little ones.

It's simple to use and navigate to get the information you require.

The search function makes it incredibly easy to drill down to the most relevant information.

I work within only half of a state, and my territory is dictated by county. The advanced search function allows me to search for contacts only within that portion of the state, making my life significantly easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the information is out of date or large organizations sometimes have crucial contacts blacked out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience with DiscoverOrg is only within the North American market. Do some research into their database and information available for the market you're wanting to use the tool within.

Every sales organization needs a dependable way to generate a list of prospects, DiscoverOrg offers exactly that. Pulling excel lists with the relevant contact information makes it simpler for reps to start dialing!

DiscoverOrg review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Great UX and gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is so simple to use and really makes it easy to find potential prospects.

What do you dislike?

It is a challenge if you don't have full access to all the tiers of DiscoverOrg.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at what area of potential prospects you're looking for. This can very easily improve your prospecting and find the right people rather than waste your time cold calling the wrong individuals. There's also a section titled scoops that allows you to see whats happening within the marketplace. It's an incredible source for leads and understanding clients need even before you find yourself talking with a prospect. Rather than scanning google for hours on end your better able to get a good recognition of the deeper issues within a company and works towards building out a stronger business case.

We're gathering prospects that can be moved into a pipline. It's been tremendous to see that there's a way to move directly down the org chart.

DiscoverOrg review by User

"DiscoverOrg has helped me find key prospects not in our Salesforce"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate. I also like how you can subscribe for weekly reports to be sent to your email around things going on at your top accounts. It's very easy to export an excel sheet with the info you need, which makes it easy to load into Outreach and thus start email campaigns. It's also great to see levels of seniority.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how a lot of things I need to see are locked. I suppose that is a matter of the subscription my company purchased. I would also like if we had some formal training on DiscoverOrg when I first started. I learned a lot of it on the fly (before going to become DiscoverOrg certified earlier this year).

As an inside sales rep at a fast growing start up, my region is always changing. I've made my way across the United States, so being able to quickly leverage DiscoverOrg as a tool to research and find key contacts/accounts (in conjunction with LinkedIn) has been very helpful. I've also found it helpful to start my week by reading through the email that is sent to me updating me about what's been going on at my top companies I marked. Helps my week get going with some current prospecting.

DiscoverOrg review by Cameron B.
Cameron B.

"DiscoverOrg - Useful but not always accurate"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly lookup company org structure and find out who is reporting to who, direct lines, emails, easily find a target and reach out.

What do you dislike?

I've found the information on DiscoverOrg is not always correct, approximately 10% of numbers are dead or wrong, and the category that denotes "Job Function" is very often not accurate.

The search function sometimes produces a different number of results if I turn deal predict on and off. Example: I have 400 results with deal predict on, I turn it off and have 1200, I turn it back on (without touching any other filters) and now have 300 results or some other number than 400.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid the job function category.

Self guided lead generation. The ability to cut down on research time and target companies using specific technologies that we consult on has been useful vs scouring linkedin, google, crunchbase for everything.

DiscoverOrg review by User in Computer Software

"Right person, right message"

What do you like best?

I love knowing that the data is human verified. I'm reaching out to prospects whose contact details and roles have been confirmed by a living, breathing human being. Recently too.

Also, the ability to really refine a list, do advanced searches, export to CRM, integration with other tools, are all spot on.

What do you dislike?

I really don't think there is much to complain about. Occasionally I'll have wrong title for someone, but they are right so much more often than other tools I have used that is doesn't really matter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DiscoverOrg will help your sales and marketing teams by constantly providing them with insight into who the right prospects are, and when they might be ready to buy.

I use it to curate lists of the prospects and love that i can refine my search by title, region, industry, so that my messaging can be on point every time.

DiscoverOrg review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Help make Sales Calls easy"

What do you like best?

I love the in depth information provided and ability to pull detailed, filtered list based on my needs. Knowing the information is not extremely outdated help ensure I am focused on calling the right people with correct base knowledge including up to date news and metrics from the company.

What do you dislike?

Not too much~ I have not had issues and when I do I get quick reply from customer service reps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use the features- it does a lot more than you know. I love the subscriptions- it gives me updates as often as I want on features of companies I am targeting.

When targeting an new company it is great to be able to pull a list and start digging- this saves a lot of search and find time ... so that the sales folks can do that... sell and not source with their time.

DiscoverOrg review by Administrator

"So far sales loves it!"

What do you like best?

The ease of implementation is surprising and so far sales is raving about the accuracy of the phone numbers.

What do you dislike?

Some data restrictions are still there - for example they told us we'd have full access to a certain fields, yet for some reason they aren't available for mapping yet??? So we can't get them into SFDC or score off of them. Super disappointing. Also make sure you get the webhook - my rep told me I didn't need it when trying to get the deal closed, however you totally do if you want leads to be matched and cleaned on creation.

From a marketing perspective we are solving the fact that 75% of our leads that were sent over to sales needed some kind of cleaning - now we can reduce the amount of junk getting over to them. Ultimately saving sales time and helping get better data on what outlets are actually producing solid leads.

DiscoverOrg review by Brady C.
Brady C.

"Great and easy lead source"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is an easy to use program that allows us to find the correct leads you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

We were migrated from RainKing over to DiscoverOrg. What we found is that not all the content is available to us that were available through RainKing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DiscoverOrg is great for finding new prospects. If you run a business that reaches out to all sorts of prospective clients (IT, business development, operations, sales, etc.) you will have to pay more for all the different types of people.

Find high-quality prospects. The integration with SFDC as well as using the Google Chrome extension make it very easy to do that.

DiscoverOrg review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"From unknown to beyond expectations! "

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is definitely a staple for my everyday business requirements. The fact that I am able to login and easily find the Company information I am looking for drastically reduces my time doing research. The interface is easy to use and integrates smoothly into our Sales Force. Most importantly, the information is ACCURATE and detailed. Two thumbs up!!

What do you dislike?

As DiscoverOrg grows, I look forward to seeing a wider range of Companies listed. Sometimes I do log on and am unable to find the company I am looking for. Also, I am unaware of when a contact within an organization is updated. Is there a way to see how long they have been in that position/ with the Company?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed, great for Sales Development!

The major issue DiscoverOrg solves for would be cutting in half the time it takes me to research and input a contact into our CRM. With a click of a button I can seamlessly upload, Company info, names and titles to our system. This cuts my data entry time in HALF! This is my go too for my everyday work!

DiscoverOrg review by James B.
James B.

"Combine with LinkedIn for Business Development"

What do you like best?

Tons of ways to search for specific people, titles, etc. You can basically chop and filter any way you want. Has definitely helped me to discover more companies in my territory, which meant more leads, and eventually more deals.

What do you dislike?

Feels like DiscoverOrg is missing about half the employees at each company. I often find people on LinkedIn who have been at a company for years, but don't show up in the DiscoverOrg searches. They tend to be the titles I need, so it sucks needing to use LinkedIn AND DiscoverOrg in conjunction with one another. Integration with another tool, Outreach, isn't great: functionality has been reduced over time, and each vendor seems to blame the other for the functionality issues, though no real fix has come along.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll need to use this with other products to get a full view of a company, their hierarchy, titles, etc.

Finding the right people, titles to reach out to. Something that they've helped with is uploading a large number of people into other softwares for outreach.

DiscoverOrg review by Dave K.
Dave K.

"Easy access to vital business information"

What do you like best?

I like how you can really drill down on your searches. Specifically by job title and technologies used. I also find the Triggers very useful. What used to take us hours on LinkedIn with regards to company and lead research is not down to minutes.

What do you dislike?

Can't really think of anything except that the company sizes always seem to be lower than reality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial to evaluate

Targeted inside sales activities and email marketing. DiscoverOrg allows us to insure that those activities are reaching the right types of people. Saving a lot of time with regards to researching prospect companies and employees.

DiscoverOrg review by Monica K.
Monica K.

"Contacts"

What do you like best?

Company name, address, org chart are listed. Can request more contacts for companies that already exist. Can request a company to get added. Training. Better than data.org. Helps prospect accounts. Can add scoops of what is going on in your territory. Scoops sometimes can lead to a sale. Easy to read the layout. Calling customer service they are helpful and do their best to get you the answers you need. Always get email follow ups for the request you have made.

What do you dislike?

All contact are not current. Have noticed that many contacts have been invalid for 6months or more. Companies for 300-400 don't have many contacts. Some accounts don't have any contacts. To get new companies added requires a large amount of requests from other discoveryorg users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Updated contacts. This is crucial for people in sales.

No updated contacts.

DiscoverOrg review by Sid C.
Sid C.

"DiscoverOrg Review"

What do you like best?

Discoverorg.com is an excellent prospecting tool which helps me uncover acqusition prospects and valid contacts within the companies

What do you dislike?

DiscoverOrg.com's database focuses on companies with +300 employees; this means that a lot of SMB companies are not returned on the list. Also, if you search for a specific company and DiscoverOrg has determined that they are affiliated with or owned by another parent company, instead of returning the company which you were searching for and calling out the link association, only the parent company is returned, but once you know these two challenges, they become less of a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase as many verticals as possible. Depending on company structures, contacts can report within different verticals.

DiscoverOrg helps me to locate prospective accounts and contacts faster than many other contact sourcing platforms. Thanks in part to DiscoverOrg's ability to verify contacts accuracy within 90-days, the contacts are extremely accurate, which helps me to significantly reduce sales cycles.

DiscoverOrg review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Great for whales, not so great for big fish"

What do you like best?

Good insight into the organizational charts of some companies, such as Nike, but not so great on data for those mid market companies making less than 20 million online. They also offer great insight into inner workings of a company and what to use as leverage/ an intro

What do you dislike?

Good insight into the organizational charts of some companies, such as Nike, but not so great on data for those mid market companies making less than 20 million online. Sometimes their contact data is off, especially emails, and most of the time for the mid market companies if you can find anything, it is outdated and incorrect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scoops and alerts are confusing and wonky so dont rely on them for company intel. This is a great tool if you are going after big fish but you will need another tool for small to medium sized businesses.

Finding contact data for prospects and finding good entry points to cold call into prospective merchants of Big Commerce.

"Find your leads"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has a helpful DealPredict tool that I've particularly enjoyed. It helps to organize leads by the likelihood of closing a deal and it helps a sales team member better allocate his or her time. The filters by industry are also particularly helpful. It's amazing how many leads we can obtain in just a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

The user experience of the software is somewhat clunky and the exporting into HubSpot can have some issues. Further, while I know they're doing their best to keep info up-to-date, there are plenty of outdated contacts in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For B2B businesses, I do recommend giving DiscoverOrg a try. The data is far more comprehensive than I would have expected and you'll ensure a steady stream of quality leads.

DiscoverOrg helps our sales team find and pursue leads quicker. This generates more top-of-funnel activity and saves time/money over other prospecting methods.

Learn more about DiscoverOrg

DiscoverOrg Videos

Learning about DiscoverOrg?

* We monitor all DiscoverOrg reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.