Discovery Attender

Up and running in minutes, Discovery Attender streamlines the process of locating and producing data for eDiscovery requests, compliance, internal investigations and much more. Discovery Attender runs as a stand-alone application on a desktop or server. Standard functionality requires no further agents or services. Secure, find and extract data from a variety of data stores including: Office 365, MS Exchange, PST files, SharePoint, file shares, compressed files, email stored in NSF, MSG and/or EML files, and more.

Work for Discovery Attender?

Learning about Discovery Attender?

Compare Discovery Attender to Similar Solutions

Discovery Attender Reviews

Ask Discovery Attender a Question
Showing 14 Discovery Attender reviews
Discovery Attender review by Chris E.
Chris E.

"Used to examine emails and files during internal investigations and external if necessary"

What do you like best?

Once you figure out the bolean scripting, it works well. And one of the nice things...though it is a little slow, you can let it zoom along over the network and it never fails. Plus, you can mark which results are really important and which are false positives.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little zippier, and I've seen a few with better interfaces and search engines, especially considering user files....but I've noticed they are quite a bit more expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would. It seems to work well and we keep re-upping our support so until something comes out with a bunch of high end features I don't see us moving away from it.

It was purchased for our legal department to use and it took a load of me. I was the person doing all the research at the time. So, it solved 2 problems, I didn't see legal documentation or investigative documents (I'm an it guy) and those documents stayed with the legal department where they should. AND, it freed me up to do other work. For the legal department, they are able to right the boulean scrips and pick what they want to see and cut through it faster than what I was giving them. Purchasing this software has made out time much more efficient.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Discovery Attender
Discovery Attender review by Talia E. M.
Talia E. M.

"Really delves deep but learning curve is steep"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create complex searches and save those searches as templates for future searches. It's an asset for FOIA requests that tend to cover the same ground.

The fact that is can search live data as well as Exchange and users' PST files is a definite checkmark in its favor.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long it took to learn the software. While Discovery Attender is thorough and is definitely an asset, the learning curve is fairly steep. Don't expect to jump in and hit the ground running. You will have to dedicate the time to truly learn the ins and outs of this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking the time to truly familiarize yourself with all the program's capabilities. It can initially seem overwhelming, but through training and utilizing customer support, you can become proficient.

We primarily use it to fulfill litigation and FOIA requests. The benefits we have realized include being able to create and save templates for common searches/requests. This saves us time and money in the overall scheme of our daily business requests and tasks.

What eDiscovery solution do you use?

Discovery Attender review by Brent S.
Brent S.

"Great product for collecting email from Exchange"

What do you like best?

Detailed criteria allow you to drill down and get very specific about what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

Reviewing search results within the tool is fairly clunky. You are better off exporting the results and reviewing them in another tool. There is no ability to search across the enterprise; you have to specify which mailboxes to search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that collection from O365 mailboxes will be SLOW. This is not a limitation of the tool, just a product of the architecture that forces all email to be pulled from the cloud before it can be searched. Would love to see Microsoft open the cloud search API so other tools could run searches in O365 before pulling results down.

The need to collect email in native form for Legal and Compliance review.

Discovery Attender review by Diane P.
Diane P.

"We lean on Discovery Attender"

What do you like best?

Discovery Attender is extremely flexible, and has uses outside ediscovery, as well. It has the best-designed search builder I have come across in ten years of work in this field.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be improved, and I would love to see DA extract more metadata for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the Swiss Army knife of ediscovery tools.

We use Discovery Attender for initial searching of PSTs and Lotus databases, as well as files. It has proved useful in searching beyond ediscovery needs, as well.

Discovery Attender review by Adrian I.
Adrian I.

"Good product at a good price"

What do you like best?

Intuitive yet very powerful, allows use of regular expressions, caches results so I can check results well after the original search without hunting down the original PST files, ability to schedule searches

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say there's anything I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use this to search saved PST files, and do not connect directly to mailboxes. I find it much better and more reliable to perform the searches against a controlled environment, even though it does sometimes add an extra step.

Producing e-mail search results for public records requests and other investigations.

Discovery Attender review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"It is a very good pre-processing eDiscovery tool."

What do you like best?

Discovery Attender will convert just about any email archive or message. I have used it to covert NSF, PST, MSG's or EMLs. I have never had a problem.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about the product is keeping a history of global de-duplication. If have to keep processing the Master email set to continue de-duping on a global level.

Our current ESI processing tool does not allow users to process email archives. Therefore we use Discovery Attender to do the job.

Discovery Attender review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Great search tool for .PST files"

What do you like best?

The ability to search multiple .PST files at once

What do you dislike?

It has a bit of a learning curve, I sometimes have to run a search a few times before I have the settings right to find the results I am looking for.

This program helps solve the problem of searching old emails for NJ State OPRA compliance. Public requests for email records are easier to find with this product.

Discovery Attender review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use. Saves searches, searches are reusable, breaks down search results well etc. Tech support is good. You can index search results for efficiency on later searches.

What do you dislike?

When working outside of .pst files you can have problems. Complicated searches are - well complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its cheap, runs well on a desktop PC or Desktop VM. Support is responsive to problems when I have had them.

Searching for key words in email archives.

Discovery Attender review by Jordan S.
Jordan S.

"Discovery Attender Review"

What do you like best?

Works exactly as advertised, integrates very well with Active Directory for mailbox importing.

What do you dislike?

No native ability to export to PDF, this would help immensely.

I handle our firm's internal discovery issues, so I'm typically using this tool to produce internal emails based on complex search parameters.

Discovery Attender review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Discovery Attender for e-Discovery"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, fully functional for all e-discovery needs.

What do you dislike?

Can't really say I dislike anything about the product.

e-Discovery for our legal team, searching laptops, PC's, file servers, PST files, Exchange mailboxes, etc. The product is straight forward, simple to use, and very robust.

Discovery Attender review by User

"Discovery Attender Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and able to search multiple files in a single go

What do you dislike?

The user interface could do with modernisation, a more current look and feel.

Accessing Exchange Mailboxes has proven a challenge

Ability to respond to HR requests for legal searches

Discovery Attender review by Collette K.
Collette K.

"Discovery Attender"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is outstanding, you are able to trial the product before purchasing, their support staff was very responsive

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about this product yet

E discovery across network shares, keyword searching, file searching

Discovery Attender review by User in Higher Education

"Review"

What do you like best?

Makes searching for responsive records extremely easy

What do you dislike?

Extremely slow to preview documents, no ability to export into PDF (index of records), deduplication does not always remove actual duplicates

This product helps us to ensure that we are responding to FIPPA requests as accurately and completely as possible

Discovery Attender review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"great search tool"

What do you like best?

very effective for searches in large or small batches.

What do you dislike?

could use better online help but tech support is awesome

Recommendations to others considering the product

very easy, very powerful, good options and features, great support, cheap and powerful.

business related communication problems which involved this efficient tool

Learning about Discovery Attender?

* We monitor all Discovery Attender reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Discovery Attender to Similar Solutions