distcc is a program to distribute builds of C, C++, Objective C or Objective C++ code across several machines on a network. distcc should always generate the same results as a local build, is simple to install and use, and is usually much faster than a local compile.

Work for Distcc?

Learning about Distcc?

Distcc Reviews

Showing 1 Distcc review
Distcc review by <span>Matthew R.</span>
Matthew R.

Distcc is amazon

What do you like best?

Reduces compile times substantially, and mixes well with ccache

What do you dislike?

Doesn't always work well.. Often you'll see warning messages that a file couldn't be distributed. Also, doesn't set itself up to start up startup, so I often have to start it on my co-workers computers after they reboot or something.

Also, I don't think the distcc product is active anymore. It does everything it promises, but it's always nice to see a project being active, now I worry it might disappear one day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up distcc with ccache and ninja to reduce compile times by orders of magnitude compared to cmake builds using simply make.

Productivity lost to compile times.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Distcc

What Other Continuous Delivery solution do you use?

Learning about Distcc?

* We monitor all Distcc reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.