DivvyHQ

A Cloud-based, Content Planning and Production Workflow Tool for High-Volume Content Teams

Work for DivvyHQ?

Learning about DivvyHQ?

DivvyHQ Reviews

Ask DivvyHQ a Question
Showing 35 DivvyHQ reviews
DivvyHQ review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="9b1dd310-1730-4a71-b822-1e5912a85d22">Megan N.</span>
Megan N.
" itemprop="name" />

"Divvy is great for small - medium sized teams."

What do you like best?

I love that in Divvy I can collaborate with members of my team. We use it mainly for social media purposes and planning/scheduling when we will post on which platform. Each platform has its own calendar. So it works really well that way as far as collaboration goes. I also like the difference between campaigns and calendar items. Campaigns make it much easier to see events that are taking place over the course of 2+ days instead of having a bunch of items listed for all the days.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there isn't SLACK integration or some other form of notification rather than email. Although you can turn email notifications off or customize what your'e receiving email notifications for, it still isn't very convenient where having a SLACK integration would be for team collaboration. I also wish there was a phone app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to Divvy for anyone who wants to better collaborate with their team.

We are solving so many business problems with Divvy! One of our biggest issues was knowing what we were going to post on which platform and if it would tie together with what other members of our team were planning for their platforms (we all work remotely). It also has helped us plan events in advance and get an overview of what our social media schedules look like. Divvy has also helped us put all of our business events in one place and eliminated many Google docs by doing so.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DivvyHQ
DivvyHQ review by Rainee T.
Rainee T.

"DivvyHQ Helped Us Clear the Clutter -- and Stop the Emails "

What do you like best?

At my company, we have a lengthy approvals/review process. Now, instead of keeping track of many email threads or spreadsheets, we use DivvyHQ to manage our workflow and content calendar. A lot of how well it works depends on how your Divvy administrator sets up the customizable workflows and calendars. When set up well, it automates much of the content review process, updates multiple calendars, and sends any necessary notifications regarding deadlines or content changes.

What do you dislike?

I wish DivvyHQ had an app, because the site itself is not at all mobile-friendly -- which can be frustrating when we have executive on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your department or company is looking to organize your content calendar and automate workflow, DivvyHQ is worth checking out. It also offers a scheduling tool for social, but we have had better luck with other tools, because the way it's set up on divvy does not work well or the volume of posts we put out.

DivvyHQ has revolutionized the way my department (and soon, our entire company) approaches our review process. It has made us more organized, and given us more time to spend actually creating content instead of managing the review process.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

DivvyHQ review by Chelsy M.
Chelsy M.

"Great for Organizing Content "

What do you like best?

I like that I can see months of content planned out in advance. No excel sheet! It makes it very easy to rearrange calendars and to create a plan that easily flows into the following months. I also like that it allows my client to come in and comment on things as needed, rather than her having to email me questions or vice versa.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there isn't a quick way to edit the dates or titles of campaigns. Our campaigns can be shifted as much as our content, so going into the campaigns sandbox for each one can become very time-consuming. The only other thing our team gets frustrated with is that an item's tasks aren't marked as completed when the item is published, this over time can create a backlog of items that slow down the platform/load time.

We work with multiple agencies to create content, DivvyHQ easily lets us put all of that together to make sure nothing is overlapping and that we always have the right amount of content to share.

DivvyHQ review by Meg R.
Meg R.

"Has helped with team communication"

What do you like best?

We love that DivvyHQ allows for our team, who is in office as well as on location/working remotely, communicate better. We have a blogging team as well as a video production team and it allows us to provide very detailed information so there are few questions when the project begins. Also having the ability to have reviewers is great! The owner of the company doesn't always want to be super involved in all pieces of content but now instead of asking us individually what we're working on, he can easily hop on and view for himself.

What do you dislike?

So far there isn't too much that we don't like. Sometimes the calendar doesn't allow us to change dates very easily (or it will move all of the tasks to one day instead of keeping them spread out on separate days) so sometimes it's a little buggy.

I used to have issues with the parking lot feature but that has recently been updated so it's easier to use now and bring into the calendar function. Sometimes, again, it's a little buggy but after a few tries it will navigate over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform to have creative teams work on multiple projects at a time, this is a great solution. We looked into about 12 other platforms and this is the one we chose because of the way you can set it up for your customers/personas/channels to distribute to, etc.

Team communication. It has decreased how many weekly meetings we need to have to hold because much of the information can be found in the projects themselves including where to post to, who the audience is that it needs to be written/produced for, etc.

It has also really helped us schedule our content better from who is working on what, how much time it will take and when things will be scheduled to launch. Before, it was a bit of a chaotic mess as to when things would be published, who was doing what and what we could expect as deadlines. Now I, as the administrator, can set deadlines and hold my teammates accountable. I can see each day what has been published, what is past do and who is doing what next to make sure that we all keep on track.

DivvyHQ review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Divvy has features to manage your processes and workflows"

What do you like best?

By using Divvy I can easily check the current status of all the Projects which my department has been working on and also the one’s which are associated to me directly through Clients and vendors. So, I have an easy way of sending urgent responses needed from me through Divvy’s platform across various departments. While I am sending then messages, I also have an option to attach relevant files along with it and this process is flawless. The inclusive calendar in Divvy allows me to see every piece of content present in it on a single screen. There are filters available in the inclusive calendar to quickly customize the way I want to view my content.

What do you dislike?

It lacks in some of its features where there is scope of improvement like when I want to edit or modify a content, I am not sure if anyone else is also working on the same content and thus my changes or the other person’s changes might not get saved as there is no locking when modifying a content. This is a problem when we have around 1000 contents and it is not possible to assign a separate one individually to a single person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Divvy has been designed to manage a complete project from workflows to processes, but it is not suitable for huge amount of content and is recommended for organizations having limited amount of content.

After using Divvy for a while now, I can surely say that it has made the work distribution to be streamlined among the co-workers. The existing workflows for the projects have been improved and they have customized as per our needs and requirements for different processes within the projects.

DivvyHQ review by Melanie F.
Melanie F.

"Good Tool for Content-Heavy Businesses"

What do you like best?

DivvyHQ has really solid workflow capabilities for companies who are generating a ton of content.

What do you dislike?

This tools wasn't quite right for my team's use, as we needed more of a task-management tool for emails, campaigns, etc. vs. strict content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely ask for a demo around the workflow set-up, and make sure your entire team using the product is on the call. We had some adoption issues with our team (it was a change management issue more than anything), so I would suggest making sure everyone understands the platform before your go-live.

DivvyHQ can help create custom workflows that encourage teamwork and ensure your content goes through the right process before being published. It creates accountability and allows you to visualize your content to understand where you are spending your time and effort.

DivvyHQ review by Mandy L.
Mandy L.

"Divvy Up the Workload "

What do you like best?

If you're working on a team that produces content, then you need a tool to manage publication schedules. Divvy makes it easy to follow each piece of content as it moves through the publication process - from ideas (scheduled in a "parking lot") to managing versions of drafts and sharing the item with designers and specialists. You can message other users, tag/flag content for review and be totally transparent with other team members (or clients) about the production schedule. Divvy has become like another member of our team; we use it to pass content back and forth (with fewer emails) and seamlessly manager our workloads.

What do you dislike?

Divvy is a newer tool, and a bit glitchy (sometimes content items can disappear or not load correctly), but the staff is responsive and they are working through these issues. As time passes, the tool becomes more and more refined.

My team manages a full slate of blog and social content items with Divvy. Our clients and internal team members have enjoyed the visibility and ease of interaction that Divvy offers.

DivvyHQ review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"Helpful tool for organizing our team's content"

What do you like best?

It's great that DivvyHQ offers the ability to attach all of the assets needed for each post, and to separate out everything by channel. Our community managers can go into Divvy and get everything they need all in one place, and I have the ability to see all of our content laid out in a fully inclusive, interactive calendar.

What do you dislike?

The duplication of posts is time consuming and has too many steps. It would be more helpful to be able to create a post across multiple channels at the same time while adding new content. We don't use the same copy and content at the same time across channels, but there is crossover, and being able to edit a post after the fact is much easier than duplicating an existing one.

We have multiple community managers for our different social channels, so keeping everyone organized is now much easier because of this tool. It also provides us with a place to have all of the components for each channel post in one place, so anyone can go in and see what's coming and get what they need.

DivvyHQ review by Administrator

"Calendar feature visually organizes our team"

What do you like best?

The calendar feature helps our team to stay organized. We can better visualize all the different elements we manage across multiple departments to fit content items into our schedule. We get more done, and we spend less time comparing our spreadsheet to a separate calendar. Plus, when projects get delayed, they're incredibly easy to move to a later date - and all the accompanying tasks follow nicely along. We're spending a lot less time getting lost in a spreadsheet and more time completing our projects.

What do you dislike?

I've been working in Divvy for over a month now. I've not found a lot of use for the pages other than the calendar and the content editors for our team. I spend most of my time looking at the calendar. I think once i get more into using Divvy I may find more use for those other pages.

DivvyHQ helps us by segmenting projects across our organization, keeping the silos in place where they're needed, and also sharing information across departments. We're able to manage our marketing campaigns for each department - scheduling emails, social media, press releases, etc - for an effective and successful result. We can duplicate calendar items, allowing us to save time when projects are repeated each quarter or month.

DivvyHQ review by Melissa B.
Melissa B.

"Review from Creative Manager"

What do you like best?

DivvyHQ works well for workflow review and approvals. All team members receive email notifications for relevant projects and threaded comments are great.

What do you dislike?

The search is unpredictable, and I find that I don't use it. It's also tough to use for resource management. Instead, I supplement by using Trello for both search and resource allocation. It's manual duplication, but opportunity for future integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an editorial calendar, I think this tool is helpful.

We needed a project collaboration tool. While helpful for workflow, it hasn't solved overall resource allocation snapshots.

DivvyHQ review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Workflow Tool, Reporting & Collaboration Abilities Need Work"

What do you like best?

Divvy is great at managing workflows and deadlines for each piece of content. Since workflows and processes aren't always the same across all content types, you can customize your workflow for each content type and its process. Even if there are two different processes for the same type of content (e.g., a webinar), Divvy is great at organizing all the steps, processes, and deadlines involved in creating different types of content.

What do you dislike?

If you manage content from contributors, whether from co-workers, external staff, or guest contributors, you have to add those contributors as official "team members" in Divvy if you want to track them in a reasonable way for later querying or exporting. If you don't add them as team members, you have to use "hacks" to get the data you need during export. Also, those contributors can't see all the great custom workflows you created or receive deadline notifications if they aren't official "team members."

From a reporting standpoint, Divvy is inadequate. It's not really built for exporting large volumes of data that you can later customize for analysis and reporting. For example, currently there is no way to export all the information that was ever entered into the system; there is no master record of data. So if you've just been hired as a new content marketing manager, you can't use Divvy to see all the content ever published by the company. You have no visibility, essentially. Also, there are times when I've had to export two different views in Divvy and then combine them in Excel to get one robust report.

Also, there are only 2 free-text fields that you can include in your export: the content title and content summary field. If I need to add information to a piece of content that isn't the title or summary (so I have it in the export), I have to basically hack the system into letting me do that. Right now I use pipe characters to separate my notes in those fields and then use Text To Columns in Excel once I've exported the data.

Centralizing marketing content and assets

Improving internal team collaboration and communication

Improving accountability

DivvyHQ review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"DivvyHQ has been very helpful with keeping my team organized and on time."

What do you like best?

I really like that there are so many filter options in the calendar view. It makes looking at my work load super quick.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to tell if there is an attachment on an item. Maybe by using the same numbering system that comments have. I also wish there was versioning and live editing of content pieces. We recently had something get deleted and it would have been nice to go back and see what was there. Also, live editing would allow me to make sure I'm always seeing the most recent content. Sometimes I'm scrolled down to see the content and don't see the message at the top about someone else editing the item.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to experiment and learn how to use DivvyHQ properly, it makes a huge difference.

Scheduling and distribution of work have been huge with DivvyHQ. We've been able to streamline our process, and get ahead on projects.

DivvyHQ review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Great Way to Manage Team Workload"

What do you like best?

Our team loves the calendar feature, and it's great to manage collaboration and establish accountability for individuals collaborating on projects. Great for creating and maintaining version control, digital assets and our editorial calendar.

Divvy has been great about adding new features like the URL finished product link, great for organizations whose legal/IT teams don't want to integrate the push-to-publish feature with our other CMS.

What do you dislike?

Wish it was easier to create custom workflows for a preview view of the attachments within a file. Campaigns should be easier to build, would be great for mini calendars to populate with campaign specific content pieces and tasks - namely to give internal clients.

Solving workload distribution issue because now things are easy to see, manage, and transfer without email chains. Accountability and version control is great because it keeps people honest about deadlines and when to pass projects/content onto the next stage. Love the task manager and ability to create things that have privacy settings

DivvyHQ review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"So much better than spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

Being able to see entire content strategy from a very granular level (individual contributor) and a very high level (management). Ability to post directly to social in same tool as you create your schedule and campaigns. Tagging and ability to generate reports of content created.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slow loading times were an issue. A bit of a learning curve with how to use everything and find everything. Interface not as clean and modern looking as something like CoSchedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We would have gone live but for timing. We were in a proof of concept trial when a reorg hit, so we had to stop our trial.

Content marketing calendar, planning, workflow and scheduling. Benefits are for day-to-day as well as messaging up. Certainly helped with being able to get management to see the overall flow and strategy of when certain content was hitting and why.

DivvyHQ review by Angie P.
Angie P.

"Shed the spreadsheet!"

What do you like best?

I like having everything in one place, instead of multiple spreadsheets/worksheets, and that you can attach docs/images, instead of directing other users to a shared drive

What do you dislike?

if you change calendars on a item, the subtasks don't change to match the new calendar - you have to add them manually.

being about to visualize the spread of content and where holes might be

DivvyHQ review by April M.
April M.

"Need more color coding options"

What do you like best?

Calendar view, ease of moving items around.

What do you dislike?

Little control over visual cues for tracking. Was not useful for our workflow since we could not fully customize the set production workflow to fit our specific steps.

We tried Divvy as a tool to manage our content production/approval workflow with our internal team while keeping the status of each article visible to our client. It was not the ideal tool for this but I imagine it works well in other contexts.

DivvyHQ review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Simple Interface To Get You Setup"

What do you like best?

Divvy is great for content creators with teams of 3 or more working in Editorial. Especially if you have been working off of Google Docs to manage tracking and performance.

The interface is simple and direct.

What do you dislike?

Would prefer a more flexible dashboard on performance and output that curates all data. And perhaps incorporates design and editing notes or corrections that were needed for review purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use DIvvy to really focus on the content and have them see to the pipeline and workflow.

We have solved the issues of pipeline and lead-time as well as workflow and processing.

DivvyHQ review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Graphic designer on a marketing team"

What do you like best?

The number of filter options in the calendar view that lets you customize what you see at any given time. Also the ability to send messages and attach files specifically onto certain projects.

What do you dislike?

In production tasks, there is a number icon on the right indicating how many comments have been left on that item, but there isn't any similar indication for attachments. Also there's no download button for attachments, you have to right click and save.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this if you have a team that feels like they could use more organization or needs a single place for everything to be planned and managed.

It's keeping things archived and organized in one place based on projects and campaigns, so we can easily go back to old projects and see all the content related to it without having to fish through email trying to find the right conversation.

DivvyHQ review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for organizing, odd interface at times"

What do you like best?

The organization and being able to see everything on one calendar. It's great to see everything on one page and also to share that with our clients.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the approval workflow. There should be an easier way to seek approval from a team member than having to manually send it. Also, the workflow should be automatic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very basic tool. Good for the price, but it has some kinks to work out.

We're using Divvy for social and blog content planning and task management. It's great to see everything outlined and it also allows for transparency with our clients.

DivvyHQ review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great for Content Management"

What do you like best?

This tool is a tried and true content management tool, works great for passing content between marketing and designers.

What do you dislike?

It's still starting out, a lot of update and potential for this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for teams with in-house designers and a long approval flow.

Collaboration among outbound marketing teams, enforces accountability and deadlines.

DivvyHQ review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Awesome great product and service"

What do you like best?

That you can cut the data anyway you want

What do you dislike?

you could make more of the campaigns feature - Please add ability to upload documents

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you spend time on the process. As with other software it only works if people are on board to use it

Multiple stakeholders and different channels. A spreadsheet has multiple variations of the truth but divvy is the one stop shop - single source of truth

DivvyHQ review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"I use DIvvyHQ in my current job for our PR and Social Media calendars."

What do you like best?

I like that you can see both calendars together or separate them out for just the content you need to see at the moment.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't say something is scheduled and for it to then switch to 'Published' once the scheduled time comes and goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a calendar that can host all of your campaigns and have multiple users, this is a good option.

We are able to have a clear editorial calendar that everyone on our team can access and update as needed. This has made us more organized and on the same page.

DivvyHQ review by Caroline M.
Caroline M.

"Reliable and good customer service"

What do you like best?

Shared content options and shared calendar. Great for project development and team connection.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes software glitches and new updates that may interfere with the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Currently have no recommendations

We are solving a lack of connection and shared content. Often times we are out of the loop with knowing who is working on what and DIVVY helps us establish a project timeline and consistency.

DivvyHQ review by Whitney M.
Whitney M.

"Off to a good start"

What do you like best?

User friendly, nice graphics, customer service

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to post directly, workflows are improving

Content process oversight and documentation, simplified editorial calendar

DivvyHQ review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"DivvyHQ is an easy tool to use. "

What do you like best?

The ability to create your own dashboards and views is great, love the filtering options.

In progress vs planned content is great to keep a division between work

What do you dislike?

I wish I could tab from the program, would like to make the program more customisable for my needs

We work with a team overseas so this allows us access to easy information.

DivvyHQ review by Agency in Media Production
Agency in Media Production

"Kind of glitchy, but overall useful"

What do you like best?

The calendar feature is useful, it's great to be able to turn different media (Facebook, blog, Twitter, etc.) on and off and choose what you see.

What do you dislike?

It can be incredibly glitchy and slow. And by "can be" I mean "is usually". Also, there are some navigation things that could have a much better user experience. Like, if I want to move a content item from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, it's like 5 clicks. That should be way easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd shop around. It works well, but it's probably not the best one out there.

We're scheduling content. We're making sure everyone's on the same page about what's going up when.

DivvyHQ review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Keep it all in one Place"

What do you like best?

Divvy has been a great asset to keeping many different departments aligned on the status of different projects. We have been able to successfully communicate key messages across many different platforms.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, when quickly switching between tabs it's slow to reload. But that could simply be due to our network connection.

With Divvy we are successfully having multiple departments be able to quickly and easily communicate the same message across different platforms.

DivvyHQ review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"DivvyHQ for NonProfit Media Calendar"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see all of my nonprofit clients on one calendar as well as drilling down to see each category or division that we have set up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the linear fashion that Divvy calculates Production tasks when trying to setup an auto workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your business, Divvy meets many of the requirements we are looking for and hopefully future tweaks will make it even easier to work with.

We are still trying Divvy out but once we have the kinks worked out we will be able to get rid of our current excel spreadsheet calendar and be more interactive.

DivvyHQ review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"Divvy HQ"

What do you like best?

It allowed multiple team members in multiple locations check in, edit, and comment on various projects in a user friendly way.

What do you dislike?

It was cost prohibitive for us. It gets the job done, but the expense gets steep as more users are granted access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth checking out if you have the budget for it and have multiple parties in various locations looking for a way to streamline workflow.

Project management. Editorial calendars. General workflow logging, tracking and auditing.

DivvyHQ review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Needs customization"

What do you like best?

I like the calendar view and the ability to easily click and drag items.

What do you dislike?

It's tough to see the "status" of something from just looking at the calendar (labels or color-coding would help). Also, the load time to click into items is slow, and we would like to be able to create an easily customizable workflow 100% from scratch.

Coordinating an editorial calendar across two teams.

DivvyHQ review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"DivvyHQ has been a joy to use! It's user friendly, easy-to-navigate and keeps me organized."

What do you like best?

This is very specific, but I really like that I can drag and item from one calendar day to another. I don't have to create another event, for instance. Other platforms would not let me do that.

What do you dislike?

I do not yet dislike any feature of this platform. It's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I recommend it if they'd want a platform that is efficient, easy-to-use and would make their lives easier.

We needed a way to organize all items in our marketing department, and this platform provided a solution.

DivvyHQ review by Agency
Agency

"Divvy HQ Keeps All Client Content Organized"

What do you like best?

As an agency with many different clients on our roster, the seamless organization of content and user-friendly interface have made our team more efficient and productive.

What do you dislike?

No real dislikes in all honesty - plus, the Divvy HQ support team is great in the event that any issues do arise.

We are able to work more efficiently across our content team.

DivvyHQ review by Administrator

"Great platform!"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep track of multiple documents and user comments/input, all in one place.

What do you dislike?

The platform isn't mobile-friendly, which is a fairly big drawback

Streamlining an extensive review and approval process — DivvyHQ is a huge time-saver and provides a centralized location for documents, edits and comments across our organization

DivvyHQ review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"This tool has helped organize our work flow and accountability on projects. "

What do you like best?

Multiple tasks that can be allocated to one overall project

What do you dislike?

a few bugs with storing attachments. too many notifications

central communication spot that is organized and consolidated.

You can see where the project has stalled.

DivvyHQ review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"It's allowed writers, designers and project managers to come together on one platform."

What do you like best?

As a writer, I like that it's content oriented.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to move my dashboard components around. I'd like to see production tasks next to recent activity.

N/A

Learn more about DivvyHQ

DivvyHQ Videos

Learning about DivvyHQ?

* We monitor all DivvyHQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
DivvyHQ