What do you like best?
- Creating complex containers using docker files which automate a lot of DevOps manual labour
- Having some preconfigured containers to do fast tests
- The swarm takes away a lot of the work you would need to do for high availability
What do you dislike?
- Kitematic UI is still very limited in functionality
- Containers on Windows are somewhat hit and miss, Linux is strongly recommended
- Swarm interface is mostly command line
- Some network limitations
Recommendations to others considering the product
Great for lightweight scalable services that require a lot of concurrent access. Still not as versatile as a full VM software.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We are using Swarm for our analytics gathering service. Using swarm allows for quick workload scaling and using less hardware than was needed before.