Docparser

4.7

Docparser transforms PDF documents into structured data.

Work for Docparser?

Learning about Docparser?

Docparser Reviews

Ask Docparser a Question
Showing 11 Docparser reviews
Docparser review by Scott K.
Scott K.

"Efficiency at it's best! So much time and money saved. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use and accuracy of the parsed results is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The customer support team was super helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to automate it works great with Zapier. The setup is easy and the information output is accurate.

Automating the input of sales leads received by PDF attached to email to extract accurate information from the PDF and ultimately have it end up in my Salesforce.

The ease of setting up a new document is fantastic. The biggest issue I've had in the past with other services is that it is rarely consistent with the accuracy when parsing the information. I use it to pull information from sales leads that come in by email with a PDF attachment that contains the lead information. My process in the past was to have to manually type the info into a spreadsheet or into my Salesforce account directly; which is very time consuming for my clerical staff.

I've automated this process by having the email automatically forwarded to my Zapier account, then they Zap it to Docparser. Docparser then works their magic and sends it back to Zapier that takes the accurate information and uploads it to my Salesforce and starts the lead followup campaign and notifies me that there is a new lead to contact.

I tried other services in the past, but if there was any variation in the information on the PDF (even one extra space) the information was not accurately parsed. I've set Docparser up and have run 100s of leads through it with 100% accuracy and no need to tweak anything. It is worth every penny and has saved me an absurd amount of time and money spent on paying my staff to manually input the information; not to mention, it allows me to get back to the potential client in a matter of a couple minutes from the initial inquiry time.

Thank you Docparser!

PS - The Customer Support department rocks too. They were very helpful!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Docparser
Docparser review by Administrator

"The best tool to help you extract your PDF data into a Excel format document"

What do you like best?

Easily and customize the PDF data extract into Excel format. I am able to customize the line, columns etc, which allows me to fully extract my PDF data into Excel format.

What do you dislike?

Web based - Would be better if it was a stand alone program. As if your internet is down you would not be able to login to access the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of usage

I had a hard time copying and pasting the data from PDF, as if you would copy and paste it would not copy the correct information onto a word or excel doc. Even if you were to extract the data using Adobe. I previously would have to manually enter our invoices into our accounting software, this was solved when I found out about Docparser and the ability it had to allow me to convert a PDF document and fully extract the data into Excel without any formatting issues.

What Document Capture solution do you use?

Docparser review by Marta A.
Marta A.

"Save times and effort when capturing inventory data from orders"

What do you like best?

I like being able to have multiple document templates as each vendor tends to have their own "take" on what is useful to include in an invoice or order and formatting can vary a great deal.

Therefore, my templates are not based on vendor name - they are based on the data found in the invoices. Example file names: "line-qty-units-isbn13-desc-discount-level-ext-dollar" or "line-qty-desc-unit-ext-float"

Vendors aren't always consistent from invoice to invoice. They may be using software that resizes table columns to fit the text, which means you have to adjust your table format slightly each time to ensure the parsing is correct. That's easy to do.

The forums and Q&A resources are usually helpful and I've found them responsive to email.

What do you dislike?

1. The UI for making changes to the template. I hate the popup box routine at the end of making a change. It takes a lot of mouse clicks.

2. I've never gotten the subtemplates to work. (see note above about vendor formats being inconsistent.) Subtemplates "supposedly" to help with minor variations. Maybe this works for other applications as itis a great idea.

3. There are a lot of little tweaks to be made that aren't obvious to improve character recognition. Why not start with the highest level of quality (ie. turn on OCR) at the start? If that makes file size a problem for storage or performance when processing a lot of files at once, walk people through how to "downgrade" to an acceptable level or establish a recommended number of files not to exceed some size limit. For example, during a trial scan there were no extra spaces or funky characters in the document but then I figured out about half of the "6s" had been transformed to "8s" - not terribly helpful. I want to be able to trust the result rather than having to proof hundreds of line items.

4. Given the inconsistencies I have with the input data sources, I don't think I'll be able to automate the parsing tasks - such as grabbing attachments from email automatically. Again, I have a small business, so I'm OK with the workaround.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take advantage of the trial period!! It really helps.

I use the software to scan pdf invoices & orders for a retail gift store and create inventory lists. This makes it much easier to update my POS system.

Docparser review by Brad E.
Brad E.

"Brilliant, time-saving software"

What do you like best?

Through integration with Zapier, Docparser has saved us a massive amount of labour that was being expended by one of our account managers. We've automated the bulk of the admin related to our largest client.

What do you dislike?

We've found a couple of small bugs, but overall the software is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid system - give it a try.

Having to open, read and action 10+ documents per day from one of our big clients. Now, Docparser reads the docs for us and sends the info where it needs to be, via Zapier.

Docparser review by Ryan K.
Ryan K.

"Saved time and made money"

What do you like best?

It allows me to automatically pull needed content from pdf contracts that are emailed to me as a sales rep, and let's me input that into my crm

What do you dislike?

It's highly complex and initial setup requires a lot of testing but it works every time now

Automatically extracting email and contact info for each client so I can do my own independent marketing to them all without lifting a finger

Docparser review by Lucas L.
Lucas L.

"Best tool in the market"

What do you like best?

The integration via e-mail and sharable download link, the ocr and the parser rules improves eficiency of processes enourmously

What do you dislike?

Too many important features still to be deplyed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient and go thorugh all option of the setup. There are lots of ways it can improve eficiency in your internal processes

Putting hundreds of bank statements into excel to generate KPIs. DocParser does it in minutes

Docparser review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"I am very satisfied with this product, and would highly recommend it"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of being to apply rules to standard documents

But also then to bend those rules for the exceptions

Applying parsing rules also helps a lot in organising the data with extraction - and this has saved me countless hours already in the short while using this service

What do you dislike?

Initially it feels a bit confusing, mostly due to unfamiliar terms used. But I quickly got the hang of it.

Reducing manual input into our accounting systems from bank statements

Docparser review by Administrator

"Excellent, does what needed"

What do you like best?

This is an excellente service, doing exactly what we expect, easy to start with and then develop a complex model if needed always in a simple way

What do you dislike?

Nothing, expect that I have to write 40 characters here !

Recommendations to others considering the product

this defiantly worth given a try

I was looking for an efficient way to parse document, that can be easily configure for fast start, together with ability to extend to complex analysis which docparser does. retrieval of result and automation is also very easy and straightforward

"Doc Parser Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to flow information from pdf directly into spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we currently dislike. We have been very happy so far.

Ability to automate the flow of data from multiple sources (including out of date software) into one centralized area.

Docparser review by Administrator

"Perfect for our data entry needs"

What do you like best?

I like that it is extremely easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little more inexpensive.

We use DocParser to do data entry that originally was done by one of our employees. Improving productivity and reducing incidence of error.

Docparser review by User in Design
User in Design

"Easy to set up"

What do you like best?

Doc Parser is quick and easy to set up, had it up and running within 10 minutes, and does exactly what i need it to do.

What do you dislike?

The cost for Doc Parser is a little higher then Id like as I only use it for one task but can see the advantage if you had more then this.

We use this to read pdf documents to feed into another app we use

Learning about Docparser?

* We monitor all Docparser reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.