4.8

DocSend tells salespeople how prospects engage with their sales material. Have the right conversation, with the right person, at the right time, and do business faster.

Work for DocSend?

Learning about DocSend?

DocSend Reviews

Ask DocSend a Question
Showing 89 DocSend reviews
DocSend review by David S.
David S.

"Best in class doc sharing platform"

What do you like best?

A truly elegant and simple platform enabling frictionless document sharing with minimal effort, surprising expediency and end user joy - both sender and receiver. Well done!

What do you dislike?

Looking forward to being able to seamlessly share Keynote/PPT docs with animations and video. Would love to see flexible pricing models, tiered models, pro vs. non pro pricing, integration with LinkedIn and Skype. I would jump at a $2.99 -$4.99/mo package - perhaps a few less bells and whistles at that level. I would love to see the upload size go considerably higher. Perhaps an upcharge in a higher priced tier?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be warned - using this product will create delight for you and your clients. You will not be able to go back to old school PDF attachments.

Presenting decks in real time, being able to control the click through and not having to leave the deck behind after presenting. The game changer is the ability to send out a link with a doc and then, if need be, update or change out the material instantly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DocSend
DocSend review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"Great for any sales person"

What do you like best?

I have had a DocSend account for a few months now and consider it a valuable component of my sales toolbox.

DocSend's reporting and viewing history has immensely altered which content I share with prospects. I used to dump a mess of URLs in an email for the recipient to pursue. Now, I'll create one URL link to a Space, which appears less intimidating to an email. In the past 30 days, I'm averaging roughly 2 clicks per DocSend link, a conversion rate I never expected with the sales prospecting / email software I use.

What do you dislike?

While I get generally good reporting, it's not always the most comprehensive and certainly missing some valuable pieces of information.

DocSend is helping me to learn what content is truly valuable to my prospects.

I'm completing more demos now than before using DocSend, largely because I've learned to share better content, which leads to better conversations.

What Sales Enablement solution do you use?

DocSend review by Jay-ar A.
Jay-ar A.

"DocSend Provides Analytics and Protection for your Documents"

What do you like best?

DocSend is a comprehensive toolbox for your documents. You can share your files and it works pretty much like sharing a document on Dropbox. You select your file and create a link. You can create multiple links for a single file if you want to track different people or groups of people. Every time someone clicks on this link, it opens the document in DocSend’s HTML viewer in your browser — and of course, it also collects data. You know if the recipient went through all the slides or pages, and you even know how much time he or she spent on every slide. You know if he or she forwarded the document to someone else as DocSend collects email addresses of people who opened the document.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, DocSend crashes and takes a while to respond and I have to go back to the first step. If DocSend could also make a shortened URL would be a great help. I hope there is a version for mobile phones so I could use it even if I'm outside the office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DocSend is really helpful in enhancing your documents and presentation materials.

Helps to enhance presentation materials and protect your data.

DocSend review by Joseph K.
Joseph K.

"DocSend makes sharing collateral easier than ever "

What do you like best?

Being able to track page views, opens and how long someone spends on any given document is a super huge value to a sales professional like myself. I also love that our customers can view the document without having to leave their email browser.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I slightly dislike is that the documents must be tied to a docsend.com link rather than a link that identifies the source of the content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, great support and excellent customer experience.

Tracking engagement from our customers and prospects makes it easier for us to know what our customers value the most. We're also able to hone in on specific needs by tracking which docs are most read by specific accounts and prospects. The DocSend spaces makes it super efficient to create a curated environment specific to our customers needs.

DocSend review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"The best solution we have found in this space!!!"

What do you like best?

Initially we were interested in DocSend to help provide version control across our sales organization (~55 people) to ensure we were all sharing the latest and greatest. While DocSend certainly helped us accomplish this, the deep and configurable integration with Salesforce and incredibly in-depth viewing analytics have helped our teams move deals faster through the sales cycle and optimize on specific areas of opportunity in deals based on knowing where key stakeholders are spending their time. The team has done a great job of enabling both the initial users and new members of the team as we grow. We've started to use DocSend in several other areas of our business including email marketing, across our influencer team and channel enablement. All around great solution, great team and great support!

What do you dislike?

At this stage, we are incredibly happy with the solution and have not encountered any challenges.

1. Version control on collateral

2. Single source of most up to date collateral

3. Engagement/Tracking metrics both per client and per document

4. Collateral engagement tied back into Salesforce

5. Product marketing --> document optimization (A/B testing of content)

DocSend review by James W.
James W.

"The perfect tool to see the impact of my content "

What do you like best?

I went through a lengthy evaluation process of many of the sales enablement tools on the market before eventually settling on Docsend. The reason we ultimately chose Docsend was because of how easy it was to set up and use. If you work with sales reps, you know that getting them to change behaviors is...challenging at best.

Docsend is a breeze for me to us on my end and best of all, our sales reps actually use it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to know how your sales team is using content, don't look any further.

Docsend solves a few key issues for the sales and marketing teams:

1) Tracking the usage of our content: Docsend makes it simple for me to see things like what content was used in which closed won opps, which content isn't being used at all, and which accounts are viewing what types of content.

2) Building better content: We look at the viewing statistics of content to see where people drop off. For example, I was able to adjust the length of our case studies due to dropoff prior to the results page.

3) Saves time and marketing resources: We now have a much better grasp on what content we should be investing in.

DocSend review by Erol T.
Erol T.

"Dead simple, super powerful"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to use - both for my team and for our buyers. It sits in the inbox so the team always has the latest sales content on-hand, and the viewing experience makes us put our best foot forward with our prospects.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything in particular, things can always be better but I'm generally satisfied

With more complicated sales and lots of content going around as well as multiple people involved on the buying side, we were putting too much onus on our champion to do the sell internally. When we started using Spaces to get all the content in one landing page that looks great and has our logo and the prospects on it, everything just moved a lot more quickly.

DocSend review by Joel K.
Joel K.

"Fantastic for learning what's working and where you get traction!"

What do you like best?

DocSend is absurdly easy to use and understand. The learning curve is short, and once you've got it down, you can be sending out docs and gauging responses with almost zero effort. We love being able to check in on whether or not a piece has been viewed, and even tag up docs for different campaigns to gauge how well our other outreach or strategy is working.

What do you dislike?

Honestly? Nothing. DocSend just works. It does exactly what you need it to do. For a smaller business like ours, it's an invaluable tool.

We use DocSend to gauge interest in the samples of our work, and to see how many people from different campaigns have checked out what we're doing. We use it as a measure of overall interest in our outreach, and we also measure how well we're doing at keeping people engaged when they hit the doc.

DocSend review by Josh F.
Josh F.

"Implementing DocSend has been a "I-finally-see-the-light" experience."

What do you like best?

For an incredibly robust product, DocSend is also extremely intuitive. I piloted DocSend at my organization and without any heavy training, I was able to successfully leverage the tool and see immediate productivity impact.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike about the platform today. Tagging is something I didn't start with, but is currently being added anyways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy today. Thank them later.

Sales efficiency. We needed a centralized place for all of our content and a traceable way to see what content is performing vs. not. Being able to leverage their "Spaces" feature allows seamless Sales to CS hand offs with strong continuity from being a prospect - customer.e

DocSend review by Edgar R.
Edgar R.

"Docsend- Best way to track your documents for Marketing purposes"

What do you like best?

Docsend is a easy to use application that can let you track what is happening with your documents.

Avoid sending more attachments in your mails, this is a waste of time because you never know if people open up your documents or event read them.

Docsend can give you the power to KNOW what is happening. Do they open your document?....have they gone from start to finish?, What page do they get more interested in?....

The power that docsend gives you to track what is going on inside your documents is AWESOME

What do you dislike?

I don't like really like that customers can put whatever email they want to access the presentations, this can be annoying when people start putting fake emails to get to see your content. There is a way where you can restrain in a more precise way who can see the documents but it can get pretty complicate to manage when you are dealing with a large customer base of clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest you combine the use of docsend and bitly together to get more control and follow up on your information.

Avoid if possible that people download your documents so you can monitor how many times do they read it and for how long....it also can help you, to get an idea of how many times they share your link with other people that they want to share your info with.

Document tracking

Presentation tracking

Interest awareness- You can see if someone is really interested in your product or service, because you cn know how many times each person opens up the document and how long do they read it....super useful feature.

DocSend review by User

"Great tool to track your document"

What do you like best?

Our firm likes this tool very much because we can keep track of the documents we share with others, especially when shared with poeple outside our organization. We can also put an expiration date so we have the option that the document can only be accessed on a limited time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much of a dislike on this application as of the moment. The Doc Send team has made a very impressive efforts in improving this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep track of your documents. Prevent is from spreading to anyone to avoid unauthorized access.

We send out files to our clients, and we don't want our clients forwarding this files to others. We can keep track of the people who are accessingt he files, put options of who can viw the documents, and we can also put an expiration so the files is not floating around somewhere forever.

DocSend review by Rich W.
Rich W.

"Valuable intelligence about who views your documents and how."

What do you like best?

Docsend gives me valuable intelligence regarding who is viewing our documents, and where their interest lies. We started using it for sales presentations, and for that alone it has proved it's worth, but we now use it for white papers, handouts, investor documents....the list goes on and on. The analytics Docsend give us are something we didn't think we needed but proved within hours that we couldn't live without! It enables us to be razor sharp in our conversations with people and understand very quickly what works and what doesn't.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if we could manage video directly in the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Tracking who accesses our documents and where their interest lies.

DocSend review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Excellent for startup fundraising process"

What do you like best?

Hosting investor docs and being able to track not only who has visited, but page by page view times has been invaluable. Before a meeting, I can quickly look at where a prospective investor spent time in our deck and be prepared to delve into greater details for that section.

Interface is easy to navigate and everything works as expected. Rock solid service that I plan to use on an ongoing basis for investor communication and sales.

What do you dislike?

Nothing immediately comes to mind. I use it for a narrow purpose, doc distribution and tracking, which it serves very well. I am sure others have broader expectations, but that is not true in my case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the free version a spin - it is fully functional and only limited by how many people can view your doc(s) in a month.

Distribution of investor documentation, tracking of who has viewed.

DocSend review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Outstanding for B2B content management"

What do you like best?

Spaces let you assemble a collection of docs, so a customer can pick those they need. Tracking of time spent inside content is particularly helpful. And the user interface is so clean to the users

What do you dislike?

Pricing - startups with just 2 or 3 should be able to start working together for something closer to $50/mo, not $100/mo.

Traceability and version management - if there are best practices for doing this well, suggest a short demo would save us the trouble of figuring it out on our own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan up front, name documents cleanly so you can use "update" feature rather than clutter your space with outdated content.

B2B sales content management.

DocSend review by User in Computer Software

"The ONLY Way to Send Your Deck"

What do you like best?

Monitor what the most important slides are and how much time people are spending on them. It's great pre-and post call intel. Also when using the live presentation/ screen share, it is very impressive for both the presenter and the presentee. The software feels "light" and even has a pointer to help you articulate your message in real-time with no lag.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if they alerted doc owners when screen shots are being taken (ala snapchat), but other than that. Not much. All in all, it has very little if nothing not to like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. It is awesome. Great tool for presentations and sending decks. No hyperbole here.

How to send a deck without losing control of it. How to share a screen with no downloads on the part of the recipient. How to give a presentation without worrying about what parts of your screen you are sharing. Excellent all around. I really cannot say enough. This company has nailed it.

DocSend review by Aarsh y.
Aarsh y.

"Awesome tool for sharing document and Content managent"

What do you like best?

Docsend is amazing tool for sharing, managing and presenting documents. It is user convenient and flexible tool. It provides various design slides for making presentations.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about this tool. It works smoothly and provide functionalities that I required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend this tool for creating and managing content, presenting documents in such a convenient way.

For making sales presentations, sending and tracking documents and for content management, Docsend helps me a lot.

DocSend review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Document Tracking"

What do you like best?

It's free and easy to use. Our firm uses this platform in tracking the documents we send out externally, so we can prevent unauthorized access. We can also set an expiration date so it can only be available during the time being.

What do you dislike?

It's a very simple tool and everyone can self learn in using it so nothing major dislike I can think of right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like to track your documents, and prevent anyone accessing it, use DocSend.

We are sending our documents externally, and sometimes they share it with others. We would like to prevent the spread of these files to different people. We can track who opened it and they should ask permission if they are not allowed.

DocSend review by Aditya P.
Aditya P.

"Very nice tool for content management"

What do you like best?

This tool provides ease of use and it is very user friendly. It also allows to make sales presentation in such a unique and convenient way.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if advanced search feature works more efficiently. Apart from that, this tool works effortlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Docsend provides tracking solutions for documents and it also helps to manage various contents. So, this tool is very helpful.

It helps to track, update and modify our documents and manages it so well. So, very beneficial for me for content management.

DocSend review by Anant P.
Anant P.

"Really amazing tool"

What do you like best?

It is very useful for making of sales presentations. Content management and sales marketing is important features which helps for sales and marketing. It provides ease of use and also very convenient tool.

What do you dislike?

As far as my experience concerned, There is nothing about dislike because it is able to fulfil all my requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend this tool for those who wants to make their presentations efficiently. It also provides user friendly interface. So, quite useful.

There are various problems according to marketing, sales presentations and also to manage the various contents.

DocSend review by Rakesh J.
Rakesh J.

"very useful tool"

What do you like best?

This tool is quite helpful to make sales presentations and also to easily manage our content. It works efficiently and provides various slides to make our presentation dynamic.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about dislike because it works efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend this tool to people who usually has to deal with various contents and also wants to manage it. Also, it is useful for making of good presentations.

It provides unique way for content management and also to make our presentation more dynamic. So, very useful for me.

DocSend review by Evan E.
Evan E.

"Easy to use + valuable insight"

What do you like best?

Super fast to onboard, almost no learning curve. Email integration makes it faster to share than an attachment. Most importantly, the insights I'm getting from all of the decks and forms I share are directly helping me iterate and produce better results.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to use on mobile, would love an app.

I'm iterating on my sales decks, pitch decks, proposals, agreements etc. faster than ever before, and I'm proving out that the changes are leading to more success. It also reduces the time I spend on email by making every attachment a short click away to embed.

DocSend review by Rahul T.
Rahul T.

"Excellent tool for presentation"

What do you like best?

It is very efficient tool and one can able to make his/her presentation according to requirements. It is also provides ease of use that can make it more convenient.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. As far as my experience concern, there is nothing that needs to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this tool to everyone who needs to make various types of slides and also wants to use different templates in order to make presentation better. So, quite helpful.

To make various side templates and also to prepare presentations according to particular format.

DocSend review by Johan A.
Johan A.

"Superior Tool for Sharing Sales Material"

What do you like best?

The data you get about the global performance of the content you're sharing is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish the weekly stats would have a breakdown of the performance of the individual content per country in an easy to use format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best content sharing tool I've used when it comes to the analytics they give you.

Quickly sharing review PDFs of the books I want to promote to key publishers.

DocSend review by Urvik K.
Urvik K.

"Useful tool for sales presentation"

What do you like best?

This tool allows me to make presentations in more efficient way and also it provides user interface so user can interact with this tool very easily.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it provides more better way of mobile presentation for user. Apart from that, there is nothing about dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend this for making of sales presentation and also for content management.

There are features like content management and tracking solution that helps me specifically for sales purpose.

DocSend review by Ravi G.
Ravi G.

"great tool for content management"

What do you like best?

This tool allows me to find track and update my documents efficiently so it is very helpful for content management.

What do you dislike?

As far as me experience is concerned with this tool, there is nothing about dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is quite user friendly and very useful for content management as well as for give presentations effortlessly.

It is useful for me specially for giving my presentations efficiently and also for managing of my documents efficiently.

DocSend review by David P.
David P.

"Quick and Easy document sharing"

What do you like best?

As soon as you know the flow it's very simple to set up and send links to your updated docs.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to compartmentalize previous versions of the same document together - perhaps under a folder scheme. That does not exist to me knowledge.

It helps manage investor relations and follow-up.

DocSend review by Harsh S.
Harsh S.

"Great interacting tool"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to use and understand. One can easily learn this tool and fulfill his/her requirements. It is also useful in sales presentation.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing dislike about it because it is completely flexible and convenient tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend this tool for everyone who needed sales presentations and also want to experience different slide templates.

Mainly, I am using for sales presentations and also to monitor slides.

DocSend review by Administrator

"Good tracking and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's simple to understand, and you learn quickly how to upload your content and track it.

What do you dislike?

For my basic needs, it works well. All I'm really looking at are some basic engagement numbers, which are provided. Eventually, if Docsend could provide deeper analytics - like heat tracking or click tracking on documents, that would build out a more robust solution.

I'm able to track the documents that are being sent out to see what the most popular ones are. This helps me to tailor my content creation to types of content that my clients are reading.

DocSend review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"Great support team to match a solid product"

What do you like best?

I really like how they show stats per slide and the thumbnail so you easily can tell which slide is generating the most interest from readers. Additionally, I really find the email notifications to be useful. Gmail app plug-in is really smart as well.

Beyond the product, the team has been very open to product feedback and have been very responsive to my questions. They set a great standard for what customer success should be.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard could use some improvements like handling of longer doc names (the name gets truncated making it hard to scan which versions have been viewed), plotting additional stats in the chart. I also think the mobile charts could render better in portrait and landscape view. Lastly, it would be good to track how many users came but bounced as they did not put in their email address.

Overall the product is solid, these are more tactical power user features I would like to see.

Version control and tracking who is viewing my docs.

I was pleasantly surprised on the consumption analytics (time spent per slide).

DocSend review by Raj M.
Raj M.

"Superb tool "

What do you like best?

This tool enables user to track their documents and also helps a lot for making of sales presentations.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about dislike because this tool works effortlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool allows user to track, update and delete documents according to requirements and manages whole content efficiently. So, quite useful

Docsend is very helpful to track, share and modify documents easy and convenient way.

DocSend review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Love it"

What do you like best?

DocSend is an easy to use platform that plays a huge part in my day to day. Having the email sent to you when someone opens your document is the perfect trigger since you know you're on their mind. The gmail extension makes attaching them to your email a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Copying the link from their website can be a pain after you created it. It is super easy from the gmail extension

DocSend allows me to send and track opens for my outbound sales documents. Great repository for all of the documents I would ever need to send out and easy to attach to an email.

DocSend review by Administrator in Computer Software

"FullContact's Review of Docsend"

What do you like best?

The integration with Join.me - makes it seamless to go from presenting to screen sharing.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the system has a glitch where an end users conference line is removed, or is not set up in the first place.

Initially, we bought the tool to use it as a mostly screensharing and document sharing account. However, the benefits of being able to see how long our end users spend on each page of the document they are sent is fantastic. Additionally, it is a great tool for our marketing team to store the most recent documents for our sales folks to access.

DocSend review by Nick E.
Nick E.

"Product People That Give a Genuine Shit"

What do you like best?

I love the value-add solution at the core of this product. The contact details gate and the analytics into every step of the user behavior cycle is so valuable for people using Powerpoints to sell or pitch their products or services.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. One wish would be more themes for the display; an example would be the background by default is dark/black and so are the slides on one of my decks so it blends in almost a bit too much. But it's early in this products lifecycle, so this is not really a gripe :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If presentations play ANY role in your sales process, you need this tool.

Collecting data on who is willing to give contact info to access my sales deck and then detailed user info on which slides they're viewing and how long they're spending on each.

DocSend review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Our go-to product for sending presentations "

What do you like best?

I spent days researching various presentation products, and DocSend was the clear winner. It's really easy to use, with a clean UI. The analytics DocSend provides are fantastic—it's great to get the feedback of how much time specific people spend on specific pages of your presentation. A killer feature is the ability to prevent viewers from downloading copies of confidential documents. I couldn't find that anywhere else. Lastly, I love the ability to make edits to the document without changing the URL. Very helpful for those times when you catch a typo minutes after sending out a link.

What do you dislike?

DocSend's ability to handle graphics during the upload process could be greatly improved. Often, fonts will be swapped out, which changes the layout and line breaks in pages. My workaround is to just upload full-page screenshots to a Google Slides presentation, and then further upload that to DocSend. It's a lot of steps, and makes editing a bit of a pain. Additionally, I'd love for DocSend to support animated gifs.

We were looking to share confidential presentations with specific people for specific amounts of time, and prevent them from downloading the source document. The analytics were a pleasant (and have become a much-used) surprise.

DocSend review by Pablo P.
Pablo P.

"I love DocSend"

What do you like best?

I love that I can at last track what happens when I send a document to a potential client, ally, partner, etc. It empowers me to follow up on leads and learn what they were interested in.

It is also an amazing way to optimize the presentations.

What do you dislike?

I think that the pricing is a little high, specially if you are targeting start ups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

It will improve effectiveness to learn when to follow up and give you feedback on what slides work best from your documents.

Helps me follow up on sales.

DocSend review by Fritz C.
Fritz C.

"DocSend is a must have you are fundraising"

What do you like best?

Easily sending my deck to all investors.

What do you dislike?

I think the presentation functionality could be improved.

Sending my deck to multiple people without worrying about them downloading it or sharing it with people I don't know.

DocSend review by User in Computer Software

"DocSend more like GodSend"

What do you like best?

DocSend creates a sense of control when managing shared documents. All too often you are asked to send information to investors, customers, and colleagues and are left with no clear indication of their engagement. I like that you can quantitatively assess your documents interest level all while monitoring who the document is shared with.

What do you dislike?

I think creating a link for each document is a bit of an unnecessary step, it should be automated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its easy to use and becomes a very important part of your workflow.

Investor relations, document management, document security.

DocSend review by Consultant in Events Services
Consultant in Events Services

"Brilliant product"

What do you like best?

I love the location and time accuracy, it's great getting notifications from docsend that prospects you thought left your pipeline weeks ago, are still actively accessing the links you sent them.

What do you dislike?

If you don't have PowerPoint, embedding videos in a format DocSend recognises isn't easy, it usually results in the user being redirected to the third party website.

It's definitely beneficial to see how long prospects spend per document and also what they spend most time looking at. This helps us focus on certain areas and tailor our pitches to them.

DocSend review by Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting
Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting

"A service that I use everyday "

What do you like best?

It tracks all the decks that i have uploaded and gives me an idea of how serious clients may or may not be interested. having this insight, really makes a difference, information is power, and this is really powerful. The salesforce's connection is superb.

What do you dislike?

would like to have an ios app for mobile actions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I ios app and a way of creating follow-ups, automatic reminders to contact people that have reviewed a deck.

I have 100 percent control, understanding what people see from the decks and how much time they invest in reviewing the decks. this is getting me closer to the customer on an every day basis.

DocSend review by Jeremy C.
Jeremy C.

"DocSend definitely exceeded my expectations. Clean, simple and it gives you complete control."

What do you like best?

The documents upload seamlessly, with none of the distortion I was seeing on the Slides app. The ability to have multiple access points to the same doc, with complete control is fantastic (access, stats tracking, etc). I was also very impressed with load time and viewing quality across ALL devices!

What do you dislike?

There is the potential for too much noise once multiple people begin viewing multiple docs, via different links. I haven't personally reach that point yet, but it is the only thing I can foresee even potentially being an issue at this point. The product is very solid all around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using it immediately for any docs that are critical to your business.

We are sending our pitch deck out to a number of investors. Some hot, some warm, some cold - and many to advisors who are then forwarding it on to parts unknown. Every given situation has different needs in terms of control and tracking transparency. DocSend has helped give us all of that.

DocSend review by Pete T.
Pete T.

"A great experience all around"

What do you like best?

DocSend has become the primary document sharing tool for my tech startup. We primarily share data among investors. Our favorite features are as follow...

- A seamless full-screen experience for the reader on mobile or desktop. (reader's have very little patience, this is great.)

- An option to navigate using arrows in full screen (another plus for the reader)

- An option to edit or replace your document without having to send out a notification to the reader. (yeah...i don't want my investors to know that i keep editing my data.)

- Real time analytics (easy for anyone to follow. i especially like being able to see how long each reader spent on each page.)

- Real time desktop notifications (when you're in a rush to raise money, you need to be obsessive about who's viewing your documents)

What do you dislike?

A few things I'd like to see improve...

- The BAR ICON at the top left that shifts as the reader progresses through the document is an overkill. One reader mentioned that it was distracting. Not a necessity for the reader.

- The AUTOMATIC LOCATION for my readers has been incorrect for more then half of my readers. (I live in Manhattan, not Queens.) This is very confusing, especially because I rely on location in order to know who's reading my document. Asking for their email address upfront is intrusive for anyone who's not part of the company. Any way this can be fixed?

No other suggestions at this point. Really great web platform for businesses!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DocSend is trying to reimagine the way businesses share documents online. They are offering innovative features for the user and the reader..

Plugg (beta) is a SaaS that allows audio creators to design, edit and publish everything their fans are looking for.

DocSend review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"Awesome Tool for Startup Fundraising"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean, simple, and intuitive. Uploading decks is really easy as you can pull straight from Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. The url is easy to grab and throw in an email, it's also short enough that you don't have to mask it with a hyperlink. It was extremely helpful knowing when my deck was being looked at and which slides were of particular value. I could immediately gauge the seriousness of interest from investors based on how they viewed the deck.

What do you dislike?

I had a formatting problem with one of my fonts. It didn't render correctly when I uploaded my file. However, I was able to contact the company and they actually fixed the issue, albeit a minor one. The responsiveness was awesome.

I was fundraising for my startup. I was able to conduct controlled distribution of my deck and gauge which investors were genuinely interested. Additionally, I got some great good clues toward which parts of the deck to refine / prioritize when actually speaking with investors (based on slide view times).

DocSend review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"Great solution for teams looking to manage, send, and track presentations"

What do you like best?

From the start the interface is super intuitive and seems really well thought out. I used it for lead outreach as well as sales calls and live presentations and found it 100% reliable with great document tracking which is what what most important for me.

What do you dislike?

Honestly can't think of anything really that I dislike about Docsend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rest assured you can't go wrong with Docsend.

- Organize presentations

- Send presentations to leads

- Track opens, views, and pages looked at

- Present live on sales calls

DocSend review by Paige O.
Paige O.

"Great for sharing and keeping docs organize"

What do you like best?

The ability to update a doc without having to send out a new link to clients, customers, etc. Takes a step out of the process for me and saves time!

What do you dislike?

I wish I could share whole folders at once with multiple docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for organizing your team projects and documents. The ability to share and the insights into who is reading the doc and where they are focusing is a plus too.

We use it a lot for sales and marketing proposals. Helps me gauge how/when I need to follow-up with the ability to see when the doc is viewed, by whom it is viewed and how long is spent on each page.

DocSend review by User in Research
User in Research

"Docsend is more than what we could have asked for!"

What do you like best?

Docsend is simply intuitive and magical.

1. Simple: 2-click step to creating a shareable link with individuals or group sharing.

2. Control: We updated docs very often on the fly and document management was a no-brainer. We were fundraising and wanted to know every pair of eyes on our doc, so getting a contact to drop an email before viewing was a great, noninvasive way to understand them.

3. Stats: Time spent per slide was game-changing!

Docsend's support team also goes above and beyond.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I was able to do anything I ever needed and even more on Docsend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to share links or present slides, Docsend is the best platform for it.

We were sharing our pitch deck with mentors, investors. Some links were even forwarded to people we didn't know.

Beyond just getting high level stats on our deck views and how much time readers spent on each slide, we even found Docsend to be an awesome presentation platform! Almost all of our pitches were done with just presenting from Docsend.

DocSend review by Nathan Z.
Nathan Z.

"Useful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about DocSend are the per page analytics I can see for people viewing my documents. I also find the Chrome Extension very useful to share documents on the fly.

What do you dislike?

The first time you kick off a presentation can be a little confusing and the laser pointer doesn't seem to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out amongst colleagues before you send documents to your customers. It's helpful to see the metric reporting in a controlled environment.

I want to see exactly which pages and how long people are viewing my document for. I also find a lot of value in scheduling documents to expire for my viewers.

DocSend review by Michael W.
Michael W.

"Awesome Tool for sharing Documents"

What do you like best?

The ease in which you can upload a document and quickly send that link to a client.

What do you dislike?

i dont have anything to say bad about docsend. their tool has been incredibly easy to work with and i'm excited to see what features they come out with next.

We have been solving the problem of sending our clients internal documents without giving them the actual document.

DocSend review by Dimitri S.
Dimitri S.

"DocSend Happy Client"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of uploading a document and sharing a link is a highlight. It is great that one gets sent a notification once the receiver opens the document and how much of the document they have seen.

What do you dislike?

There aren't too many features I dislike. I struggle to update the same document shareable link. I find I have to send the client a new link, when ever the document is updated, unless I am doing something wrong?

We are solving space issues within email chains. A link is a lot shorter than sending an entire document. The ease of uploading a document and sharing it. Instant feedback can be made on any proposals.

DocSend review by User in Computer Software

"Great way to track readership"

What do you like best?

I love seeing how long people spend on a given report or video

What do you dislike?

It's a little hard to preview the links from the chrome plugin, and I find going to the full app (website) a bit cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already have MixMax, Yesware, or some other link click tracking the real feature add is being able to see how long prospects spend on a document.

My feature requests to docsend: easier previewing and automate which prospect it's going to within gmail (instead of having to fill in their name from the extension).

I track how long prospects spend on white papers and videos to gauge their interest in different topics.

DocSend review by User in Internet

"I love DocSend!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can restrict downloading, that I can see how much time is spent on each slide, and that it's super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I've found yet. I've been using for a little over a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

I use DocSend for fundraising, recruiting and sales presentations. Also investor updates.

Learn more about DocSend

DocSend Videos

Learning about DocSend?

* We monitor all DocSend reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.8