The slight change is shown on the compose window where you'll now find two buttons, one that can turn off and on tracking for each individual thing you want to track - open, clicks, and attachments. You can alternatively, just turn off the entire tracking for the thread as there's a convenient do not track button. Next to tracking options, you'll find a send later function. The Send Later option dialog comes with both presets as well as setting a custom time.
Compose Window Pros +
+ No major alteration
+ Quick and easy tracking options
Sent Mail Tracking
Docsify does a good job in tracking e-mails and opens, and the notifications for both browser and e-mail work without issue. However, there's definitely room for improvement in what these notifications show. Primarily in e-mail notifications, there's no mention of subject line, only that the recipient has opened the e-mail. if you send multiple e-mails to a recipient throughout the day or the week, you won't know specifically which e-mail they opened in just the notification itself. This is where you have to login to the Dashboard to track and see in more detail what e-mails were opened.
E-mail Tracking Pros +
+ Simple and works for opens, downloads, and clicks
Anything that keeps users OUTSIDE of Gmail to track, to manage, and function is a bit on the negative side. However, I think the barebones dashboard of Docsify isnt too distracting. All there's to it is managing users, adding snippets and templates, and then of course, see in more detail which emails are being tracked and opened.
Dashboard Pros +
+ Easy to navigate
+ Pretty straightforward
Compose Window Cons-
- The Send Later dialog box can definitely use some better UX/UI. The presets are fine and welcomed, however the confusing custom time send later is a chore to use, and absolutely can see some improvement. The good news here is that the Docsify team is pretty responsive and both the CEO and CSO are active in replying to e-mails/feedback.
E-mail Tracking Cons-
- The e-mail notifications can definitely be improved, where the subject line can be shown either in the subject of the notification and in the body, with a link to the direct message in Gmail
- The browser notifications can definitely be improved, with the subject line in the notification
- The Sent Mail button that is on the left side of Gmail menu should only show e-mails that were directly tracked by Docsify and not all sent mail. This sort of defeats the purpose of filtering what was tracked by Docsify and what was not.
- Hate the fact that in order to cancel a scheduled mail, you have to login to the dashboard to cancel it. This is a huge time waster. They need to improve this cancel send directly in the drafts folder.
The Docsify app does email tracking with document tracking pretty well. Nimble and concise, and I know they'll continue improving so long as they take user feedback seriously. I think there's a ton of opportunity for Docsify to improve which is a good thing, they can take a big portion of users who need to track opens and clicks, downloads of attachments, which a lot of free email trackers don't offer for free.