Docsify

4.7
(33 reviews)

Docsify is an advanced email tracking and email productivity tool for Gmail

Work for Docsify?

Learning about Docsify?

Docsify Reviews

Ask Docsify a Question
Showing 33 Docsify reviews
Docsify review by Pavel P.
Pavel P.

"Must have for Gmail users "

What do you like best?

There are a few things that I like in Docsify:

1- Comparing to alternatives (I've tested Yesware, Mailtrack, Mailtag & Boomerang) Docsify has PDF tracking

2- Per-recipient tracking (this I found only in MixMax)

3- Awesome and quick support

And as a Bonus - nice design.

What do you dislike?

There are 2 things that I want to see in Docsify:

1- CRM-BCC checker in Compose email. I want to sync Docsify with my CRM, but not all emails should appear there.

2- Reminders.. I really need this feature

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best tool I've used for email tracking

I send around 200 emails per week and 90% of them I really need to track. It's helpful to know who exactly (not someone opened) interacted with emails and links I shared.

I checked a few solutions on the market and found Docsify is one of the best. (It's affordable, has nice design & support, and provides some new cool features such as PDF tracking)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Docsify
Docsify review by Eugene L.
Eugene L.

"Powerful email tracker for Gmail"

What do you like best?

There are many things. Most of all I like tracking feature for emails that I send to a group of people. Haven't found any other solutions that are doing tracking per-recipient. And what's I love the most is - PDF tracker.

What do you dislike?

I am waiting for reminders, that are marked as "soon" on the website. Once I get that, Docsify will be perfect for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Docsify's Free trial plan 14 days, and feel the power of it. And If you have any concerns or questions about what program will fit your needs, contact support. They are adorable people and try to find the best plan for you.

With Docsify I can check who opened my messages but also who read my emails as well. It's great to feature to have an ability to control it. With Docsify I track that and contact my leads once they finish reading my e-mails.

What Email Tracking solution do you use?

Docsify review by Vitalii K.
Vitalii K.

"The best tool for Gmail"

What do you like best?

The #1 - I love Docsify's design in Gmail.

Really, I've tested 10+ different Email Tracking tools like Yesware, MixMax, Mailtag, Mailtrack, Boomerang and Bananatag - but Docsify is far beyond them in providing statistics in Gmail.

The #2 - Per-recipient tracking.

I usually send emails to a fea ppl, (CEO and Director + Somone from Co-founders) and when I saw who exactly opened my email (not someone opened) I fell in love with Docsify.

The #3 - Email Snippets (Shortcuts)

I'm a fan of productivity and I always need to save my time in business and in life. And you know, with Docsify's snippets I save 2-3 hours per week. This feature isn't for everyone, but those who uses are saving tons of time.

What do you dislike?

The #1 - New Feature

I'm really looking forward Reminders. - If a recipient doesn't open my email during 3 days, Remind me. This is something I really need and hope their awesome team will implement it soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for email tracking, send later and templates in Gmail - check Docsify.

Also, I love their support - they get 6 stars out of 5 for their quick responses

I send 20-40 emails on a daily basis to clients (and sometimes parters) and Docsify helps me:

- Track each email I send (it shows who exactly opened an email even if I sent it to several ppl), so I know when to follow-up

- Schedule my emails to be sent later. (Some of my clients are in Japan and we have a huge difference in time zones)

- I'm a fan of productivity - and Docsify helps me save my time with email templates

Docsify review by Bimbisara P.
Bimbisara P.

"Give Gmail Superpowers"

What do you like best?

- send later; saves me from some accidental situations

- email tracking; great insight into mail activity

- templates; saves a ton of time

- BCC to CRM; get more use out of email data

- Zapier integration; opens up endless possibilities

What do you dislike?

Nothing really comes to mind at the moment but it would be nice if there was some built-in CRM and auto-responder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Docsify is reasonably new but offers a ton of value and once you get started on it you will find it hard to go back to regular emails.

Being able to track emails lets me know how and who is interacting with my emails. This allows me to know who to follow up with and in which way.

I also love the saved templates as they save me a ton of time and help me to send quality replies in a matter of seconds.

Docsify review by Suraj B.
Suraj B.

"Great for the less technical guys and even better for Marketers"

What do you like best?

Works Flawlessly, I love the individual per recipient tracking and the sequencing. Makes my email prioritisation process much easier. Would certainly recommend this if you don't want to waste time with followups and be efficient at responding to your email.

What do you dislike?

Probably a Native Mobile App would be great, but i think its in their roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great! they are still getting to mobile app implementation but otherwise its really easy to use

1. Marketing, the followup sequences are great. Saves a lot of time.

2. Per Recipient Tracking , really helps me to prioritise

3. Fits into the native gmail, would not have it any other way because its ready on the browser.

Docsify review by Alin - Vlad B.
Alin - Vlad B.

"Simple and straightforward UI, a must-have for marketers and sales people"

What do you like best?

This is a great extension especially when you're sending presentation to check their impact. I mostly use the email tracking tool but seeing when someone opens documents lets you set triggers and follow-up. Great for sales or any time of outreach.

What do you dislike?

If they add a mass email/ sequencing feature, that would make this tool indispensable, i'm very happy with the tool so far, has not failed me

Recommendations to others considering the product

A better alternative to DocSend

Tracking has become such an important feature, you can hold people accountable ( internally ) and also know if a client is interested or not depending on times he opened the email or viewed documentation

Docsify review by Valerie T.
Valerie T.

"Great alternative to Boomerang"

What do you like best?

If you need to track your sent emails - Docsify is a great option, with a nice visualization! What's more? I love the design and the oportunity to track sent documents. I don't send a lot, but when I send PDFs it's really important to know how clients read that. Used Boomerang for Gmail, but Docsify is better in terms of tracking.

What do you dislike?

Reminders... waiting for this feature. It's "coming soon", so hope the team will implement it really soon :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need easy-to-use tool that tracks everything you send to clients and prospects - definitely try Docsify

I like Docsify as an email tracker and document tracker. So if you need to know what happens with your content after you click send button - check it out

Docsify review by Lloyd H.
Lloyd H.

"GREAT app and improves daily "

What do you like best?

The tracking feature is great. It tells me when someone opens the email, downloads a document or click on a link.

I really like this app. I do not do many reviews or testimonials, but felt that these guys have put together a great piece of software that does what it says on the tin and more.

What do you dislike?

The training could be improved. It covers the basics, but I had to contact the support to sort out integration, which could have been done if I had found the tutorial. However, their support is fast, friendly and gets the issues sorted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot recommend this highly enough. Give it a go, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

I learn more about this app every day and as I increase my templates and snippets it save me so much time. I used to use the gmail canned response, but this is so much better.

Tracking this information helps me keep on top of clients easily.

Docsify review by Simon R.
Simon R.

"I moved over from Mailtrack and I’m so glad I did."

What do you like best?

I love how Docsity just sits in the background of Gmail and is quietly working away monitoring my open and read rates. It's also really useful to know who is clicking the links in my emails as this shows me who is and who isn't engaged with my sales emails.

I also love that this is all done in secret with the custom domain options.

What do you dislike?

Experienced a few bugs but the developers soon fix them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a free trial you won't be disappointed!

It helps me track and monitor my cold email sales efforts and who is and who isn't engaged in my sales emails

Docsify review by Kevin L.
Kevin L.

"Docsify Power User Review"

What do you like best?

====

Compose Window

====

The slight change is shown on the compose window where you'll now find two buttons, one that can turn off and on tracking for each individual thing you want to track - open, clicks, and attachments. You can alternatively, just turn off the entire tracking for the thread as there's a convenient do not track button. Next to tracking options, you'll find a send later function. The Send Later option dialog comes with both presets as well as setting a custom time.

Compose Window Pros +

+ No major alteration

+ Quick and easy tracking options

Sent Mail Tracking

====

Docsify does a good job in tracking e-mails and opens, and the notifications for both browser and e-mail work without issue. However, there's definitely room for improvement in what these notifications show. Primarily in e-mail notifications, there's no mention of subject line, only that the recipient has opened the e-mail. if you send multiple e-mails to a recipient throughout the day or the week, you won't know specifically which e-mail they opened in just the notification itself. This is where you have to login to the Dashboard to track and see in more detail what e-mails were opened.

E-mail Tracking Pros +

+ Simple and works for opens, downloads, and clicks

Dashboard

====

Anything that keeps users OUTSIDE of Gmail to track, to manage, and function is a bit on the negative side. However, I think the barebones dashboard of Docsify isnt too distracting. All there's to it is managing users, adding snippets and templates, and then of course, see in more detail which emails are being tracked and opened.

Dashboard Pros +

+ Easy to navigate

+ Pretty straightforward

What do you dislike?

Compose Window Cons-

- The Send Later dialog box can definitely use some better UX/UI. The presets are fine and welcomed, however the confusing custom time send later is a chore to use, and absolutely can see some improvement. The good news here is that the Docsify team is pretty responsive and both the CEO and CSO are active in replying to e-mails/feedback.

E-mail Tracking Cons-

- The e-mail notifications can definitely be improved, where the subject line can be shown either in the subject of the notification and in the body, with a link to the direct message in Gmail

- The browser notifications can definitely be improved, with the subject line in the notification

- The Sent Mail button that is on the left side of Gmail menu should only show e-mails that were directly tracked by Docsify and not all sent mail. This sort of defeats the purpose of filtering what was tracked by Docsify and what was not.

Dashboard Cons-

- Hate the fact that in order to cancel a scheduled mail, you have to login to the dashboard to cancel it. This is a huge time waster. They need to improve this cancel send directly in the drafts folder.

The Docsify app does email tracking with document tracking pretty well. Nimble and concise, and I know they'll continue improving so long as they take user feedback seriously. I think there's a ton of opportunity for Docsify to improve which is a good thing, they can take a big portion of users who need to track opens and clicks, downloads of attachments, which a lot of free email trackers don't offer for free.

Docsify review by Rommel C. C.
Rommel C. C.

"This is the best email and document tracker for sales than any CRM!"

What do you like best?

If you're constantly wondering whether your emails have been opened already or your important links were clicked, this is the best add-on you can invest in. This runs actively in the background and keeps an eye on every emails you send from your inbox. Their support is always responsive and the product is constantly improving with new features. Kudos to Team Docsify for developing a great product for Sales & Marketing!

What do you dislike?

Since this is a Chrome browser extension, there was an issue with enabling individual Docsify accounts for when you have multiple Google Mail accounts open in the same browser. This is now fixed and the update was released along with other improvements to the software. Great work, Team Docsify!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tracking sales emails and documents.

Docsify review by AGUSTIN R.
AGUSTIN R.

"Docsify it's a great app to work with your gmail"

What do you like best?

I like best the option to track emails and have more information about who is reading and what from an email. I like the option to send later and templates to help your work. I like that files are more easy to see on the body of the email.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it was not very easy to check tracking emails. It's a great app but still need some improvements with the chrome extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the app to track emails faster. It would be great if you have a button with SEND LATER (better than checking the day and then send). Personal recommendation.

Tracking emails. Sending later emails.

Docsify review by Suvran R.
Suvran R.

"Docsify is a gem of a mail tracker"

What do you like best?

Very strong per recipient tracking. And the admin dashboard is neat and classy. The support team is strong too (which is very imp). The notification can be seen in two ways. One in the mail sent label and one by clicking on the browser extension icon (admin dashboard). The green color tick mark visuals looks awesome and you feel secure about your mail tracking process. I recommend it strongly.

What do you dislike?

I wish Location tracking would be added in the feature for sure in the coming days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. Very good per recipient and classic UI.

Digital marketing clients response plus cold outreach probable clients reaction tracking.

Docsify review by Christopher Y.
Christopher Y.

"I am very pleased with Docisfy"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, easy to access and understand the reporting, excellent customer support.

I also like the notifications as well as the overall layout of everything.

What do you dislike?

Gmail is buggy sometimes, but Docsify support is always quick to jump in and help as needed. I rarely have any problems at all with Docsify.

I now know that my e-mails are being received and I can follow up as needed.

I no longer have to winder if th emals were opended and viewed.

Docsify review by Mateus D.
Mateus D.

"Useful and simple"

What do you like best?

This is the best mail tracking and controlling tool. I've tried other tools but Docsify is from far the best of them.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It's the best mail tracking tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it!

They're great data providers, now I know when, where and how my emails and documents were opened, clicked and viewed. I truly recommend Docsify to whoever wants to control all the important information about their emails. This is a complete all-in-one tool.

Docsify review by Sasha R.
Sasha R.

"Great tool for everyone"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see who opened and read my email and how. Especially I enjoy the per-page view feature which helps me to understand how the recipient learned the document I sent. It's very cool to know how many seconds recipient was on the specific page and very useful for making future decisions. And want to note, Docsify has a really amazing UI.

What do you dislike?

:I think it will be nice if the Docsify team provided Free plan for team users too. We have a team, and it's ok for us free features, but it'll much better to get team analytics (even not full).

As an IT-company we use this tool for conversations with our clients and even between each other. The main benefits are time-saving and increase in productivity.

Docsify review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The Google Analytics for Emails"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can track when they've clicked on a link and a document. Oh...and the snippets feature is really helpful. I'm hoping to use the template feature soon as well.

What do you dislike?

No snooze feature yet, but I know it's coming!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. The developers roll out new features based on requests. So if you feel something is missing, reach out to them.

I absolutely love when clients say: "I didn't get your email." And I can say, yeah right, you not only got it, you opened it and downloaded the document!" Okay, I say this to myself, however... it does mean when I get the notification I can follow-up straight away while it's all still fresh in their mind.

Docsify review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Turbo charge your Gmail Productivity"

What do you like best?

There are a ton of features I like about Docsify, but a few of the main ones for me were:

Zapier so that it's not just a closed eco-system. The 'Send Later' functionality is a Godsend and incredibly helpful. I use it _all the time_.

Templates are a huge time saver and once you set it up, it gets extremely easy to speed up your workflow and outreach.

What do you dislike?

A reminder feature that complements the "Send Later" functionality, similar to how Gmail does it, but with more granular control of how long and when would be huge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it to people who would like to simplify and add squeeze more out of their email workflow.

Tracking to understand where a user may be in their decision-making process is crucial to providing the right context for follow up conversations.

Docsify review by Talib K.
Talib K.

"Docsify Review"

What do you like best?

This is an awesome tool to help you track emails and document opens. Its helpful to know when a document is opened. You can also schedule your emails to be sent which is great!

What do you dislike?

I have not been using Docsify for very long but do not have any cons yet.

Scheduling emails is very helpful

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"ESSENTIAL tool for every sales professional!"

What do you like best?

Since its inception the developers have worked tireless to iron out any bugs and add new features that add more value. I am excited to learn that drip email and website tracking are on the roadmap.

What do you dislike?

My only criticism is that users cannot download their own attachments locally. Dev team inform me this is due to the fact this would comprise integrity of the data. However a minor issue compared to the immense benefit this product delivers to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the trial, check it out and see its a good fit for your business.

Docsify is rapidly becoming an integral part of my daily workflow. It can be used for everything from simply tracking email opens through to tracking document opens, time spent on pages within the document and a lot more.

Docsify review by Chad B.
Chad B.

"Must have to track emails"

What do you like best?

Email tracking, scheduling emails, templates, custom tracking features

What do you dislike?

Nothing that comes to mind other than helping a user know when the best time to send an email is.

Tracking when emails are opened.

Docsify review by António A.
António A.

"It works! If you need a gmail tool that will track sent emails and documents, docsify is a option"

What do you like best?

It tracks emails, documents, and clicks.

It has email templates and text snippets very handy for day-to-day operations.

What do you dislike?

sometimes we need to refresh gmail to reactivate it but it is easy to detect when that happens

Tracking emails send and see who opened them.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"amazing tool and fantastic support!!"

What do you like best?

one of the best tools in the market for supercharging your gmail functions and make you into an unstoppable sales machine! great support too. they were quick to respond and address my questions within minutes. forget the other tools.. this is the real deal!!

What do you dislike?

nothing at all. it was fantastic! highly recommend

help with sales follow up

Docsify review by Alessandro S.
Alessandro S.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

I love the product! It's a startup so sometimes it's buggy (they just released a big update to solve the attachment issue), but it's worth a lot more of what you pay. AAA+

What do you dislike?

Not much, some areas to improve are in how to use the dashboard

Very helpful in a sales environment

Docsify review by Nainil C.
Nainil C.

"Docsify is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Docsify has helped me get my sales followups on track! Knowing when prospects have read my emails is an added bonus!!

What do you dislike?

None. Don't have any thing that I dislike in Docsify

I'm able to follow-up on my sales. Scheduling and managing email tasks is a breeze.

Docsify review by PRUTHAK P.
PRUTHAK P.

"I was not getting 3 grey bars in front of some old mails."

What do you like best?

Just Started using it and all ready in love with the amazing features,services and quick responses at help centre with chat option.

What do you dislike?

It changes the appearance of attached pdf files than normal conventional attached pdf file..

I can make sure that mail Sent and Received safely in time.

Docsify review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Excellent email tracking, still hoping for deeper integration"

What do you like best?

Excellent email tracking solution. Per-recipient tracking is better (and more accurate) than every other solution I've tried.

What do you dislike?

Still looking forward to integration with fat email clients (like Spark, Kiwi, Mailplane, etc), but a great solution for browser-based email tracking all the same.

Per-recipient email tracking

Docsify review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"great tool"

What do you like best?

this is a great addon for any business dev !

once you tried it, difficult to work without.

and furthermore a great customer support

What do you dislike?

nothing in particular, as for now I really like it

business dev, follow up of exchange with customers

Docsify review by Eugene S.
Eugene S.

"Great Service! Can't make my job without it."

What do you like best?

Tracking emails and discovering further statistics so important for me.

This tool just do it the best for me!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at the moment, I suppose.

Docsify helps me to save lots of time and see a customer behavior. I don't need more.

"Perfect help!"

What do you like best?

Our sales see can use Docsify very well.

What do you dislike?

Not working with desktop email clients like the most popular client EmClient.

We know when we need to send a follow-up email to our potential clients.

Docsify review by Serhiy D.
Serhiy D.

"Good"

What do you like best?

Good software for keeping track of documents.

What do you dislike?

User interface takes a while to get used too.

Sharing and coordinating with others.

Docsify review by Agency
Agency

"Docsify is saver"

What do you like best?

I like how it help us every day.

Make my plans easier organised

What do you dislike?

nothing much but there was some disturbance betven boomenrang and docsify

Recommendations to others considering the product

try

sending important offers where we need to know when they are open

Docsify review by User

"about Docsify"

What do you like best?

the file tracking option its very userful

What do you dislike?

at the moment all the features that I used are good .

iinformation about emails' views

Learning about Docsify?

* We monitor all Docsify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Docsify