DocStar ECM

DocStar ECM

3.8

Cloud-based enterprise content management software providing access to content anytime, anywhere, on any device.

Work for DocStar ECM?

Learning about DocStar ECM?

DocStar ECM Reviews

Ask DocStar ECM a Question
Showing 84 DocStar ECM reviews
DocStar ECM review by Thomas C.
Thomas C.

"Great place for all those records taking up so much space!!"

What do you like best?

We utilize Doc Star to scan and keep all our records secured and organized. It is so easy to enter and retrieve the file later for viewing or reprinting. With the administrative functions it is easy to give access to documents to those who need it and restrict access to those who don't. Very HIPPA compliant.

What do you dislike?

wished I updated to the newer software and hardware sooner. I was using older software and a beat up scanner and could not keep up with the work load. A representative from Doc Star came in and did a evaluation and set me up with the perfect set up for my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the trial you wont be disappointed.

I went from having two offices overflowing with loose documents and records to being able to utilizing the space for added office staff. I know my records are secured and backed up to their server in case of a emergency or hardware failure. It is a great piece of mind.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DocStar ECM
DocStar ECM review by Ray M.
Ray M.

"DocStar ECM - Content Management for all Business Types"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to integrate with many different pieces of software. DocStar ECM has the ability to manipulate and import data from many different backends of software. This integration helps increase accuracy and filing speed for documents that are being stored for retention.

What do you dislike?

If I had to choose one thing I do not like about the software, I would say that there is room for improvement on ease of access when managing security outside of a domain environment. There are many beneficial features in the SSO portion, however for systems that require non integrated users, it takes some time to manage the security settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is that users create a good game plan before setup. Making sure that you are performing the process as best as you possibly can, means that down the road, as a business, you will have less changes to make, and more consistency within your data.

As a reseller, we are solving many problems. As businesses move to the future, paper is becoming more and more of a hassle. Using DocStar ECM we are able to save businesses large amounts of space and filing time for paper documents, as well as find efficiencies with speed of retrieving documents, and integrating with other pieces of software.

What Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution do you use?

DocStar ECM review by Amy W.
Amy W.

"Great program!"

What do you like best?

Probably the thing I like best about DocStar is that I can load lots of content into 1 database. I can easily navigate the "workflows" and "retrieve" tabs. And the search bar is a great tool and helps me out immensely when I need to find something quickly.

What do you dislike?

I would have to say, my main dislike is the fact that when I do scan a large stack of papers, DocStar takes quite a while to "think" before loading the content file and allowing me to "submit". Sometimes I wait 10-15 seconds just staring at the screen, waiting for the next screen to load. I have used this system every work day for 2 years now and each update we've had recently has made the system run slower on my end for scanning.

Benefits to this program include being able to scan and organize a large amount of information and retrieve information easily for future use. It makes it so much easier for other DocStar users to access the information I have scanned properly. We can easily organize insurance documents into designated categories, allowing the pages to be more easily found that way.

DocStar ECM review by John P.
John P.

"Implementation Has Been a Long Slow Slog"

What do you like best?

What sold us was the large, prominent search bar that allows you to put in anything -- vendor ID, invoice, etc -- and get results.

What do you dislike?

Where to begin! First of all, put it this way: Epicor just charged us for an annual renewal and *we aren't even fully live yet.* Our experience has been a litany of promises not met by the support staff or the product itself. A few favorites:

- The security model is inflexible. In our setup we have basically branches and a main office. We need to have certain people at each branch to be able to submit/approve documents, and then others at the main office be able to approve/process. It's possible that a user might switch roles or offices (we've had promotions, etc.) This seemed completely mystifying to them. Whereas every other program I manage has a model based on roles and locations, and works fine, they said (and I'm quoting the e-mail still in my inbox): "This problem has had myself and my team spinning."

- Our $225/hr consultant, who's since left the company, told my developer that he started on the support team taking calls. I have nothing against growing internally with a company, but in this case he wasn't at the level to be to design complex workflows. Another consultant was helping us troubleshoot when suddenly performance took a huge nosedive -- turned out an index was missing on a database table. When my in-house developer (who has a masters in Com Sci) asked if there were any scripts to determine if the database was up to spec, and add any missing indexes, etc, the consultant "uhh no. That sounds like a good idea though." Multiple times my developer has had to stop Epicor employees from doing stupid things on their own product, or write views or otherwise show them better ways of doing things.

- They use "grids" to store metadata about a document, which is fine except we continually live in fear that all users have access to change all elements of a grid. We might have a payable item up and a change to metadata might then totally bork the workflow.

- There are many weird quirks about the UI. They stack navigation elements in the reverse order of what we'd expect, which makes the visual hierarchy odd. Example: the sidebar for a document says Line Items, Content Fields, History, Workflow. Workflow is what you're going to use most, so why is it at the bottom? Why are there multiple Save/Submit buttons, that seem to trigger each other? Also the sidebar has a narrow auto-hiding scroll bar that's very difficult to see. Without a clear affordance, my users don't even know the options are there.

- Multiple times support has said "oh, apply this hotfix". A hotfix being a special narrow update for a problem and not a full release. Doesn't inspire confidence in the development cycle.

- For connecting our ERP, Dynamics GP, to a Docstar lookup (i.e. "click here to load this document in Doctar") Cody provided... a single e-mail with 12 lines of code. That's it. No recommendations about how to implement it, where it goes, what other customers have done, etc. The AP functionality was billed as a key feature of Docstar.

- A lot of the capture functionality is in a systray application, and the Web app complains you need to install it. I get that can help with some scanners and such, but we use Citrix and thin clients. In my mind the product should be Web first, and helper apps should be optional add-ons. We are only using network scanners anyway, not USB.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for references. Talk to real users. Don't settle for a slide deck, kick the tires yourself.

We are slowly coming around to our original vision of it being an AP file store. Once the XML import was setup correctly, that has been a helpful way for us to get documents in quickly. At this point I am not sure we trust it for our original use cases (contract storage and HR documentation support...)

DocStar ECM review by Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.

"Great document storage for telework teams"

What do you like best?

It is easy to upload documents, and sort documents into categories. I also like that the search function searches within documents as well as titles, in cases of mislabels, etc. -- it's very easy to find what I'm looking for!

What do you dislike?

The web portal looks old and outdated, not as smooth or polished as website you're used to using on other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have the people who will use the software the most be part of the setup/implementation team, so it meets all their needs when it goes live

It is a great solution for my team because we are all based in different locations. We want to be able to access stored files that will not change/be updated, and this meets that need perfectly. We can sort be file names and each of the uploaders/employees has their own folder for storing documents, but we can all view each others' documents to find what we're looking for.

DocStar ECM review by Administrator

"Efficient!!! Awesome User Interface.... "

What do you like best?

I love the user interface. The workflow designer allows IT staff to configure our own workflows. Our staff love the ability to integrate with our other software. This software has been an awesome upgrade for our company.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the cost of forms per submitted form. Also our company needs a more user friendly signature solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you purchase, make sure you understand all of the features that are include in the package that you did or did not purchase. Have a statement of work ready prior to any work being accomplished. Also you should phase the software in based upon user or department duties. Be aware of user buy in pryor to purchasing. Not all users need the local client, not all users need scanners....prepare by having the users submit electronic documents through email vs paper. Its definitely a game changer and worth it.

We use DocStar ECM in Accounts Payables and Receivables.

DocStar ECM review by Administrator

"Product is good but is missing certain features that a larger organization would require"

What do you like best?

Speed of retrieving documents is quick and the preview pane seems to work well. Workflows are great. Forms look promising.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely dislike the agent - it's confusing with the 2 separate login tabs for Login and Configure service. Many of the options do not make sense. We use it mainly for batch import. I just think you need to put a better UI designer on it, the utility was thrown together in .NET.

Admin tab for admins - this needs a lot of work. Users are difficult to manage with many users and a simple combo box to pick and search. Need the ability to assign security classes from the user management screen. Need options for dealing with passwords, e.g. the ability to force password change on reset, force user to change password after a set number of days, etc. Need additional fields to track more info on the user - maybe a notes field would suffice or the ability to create custom fields. This will help with auditing users.

Document retention

DocStar ECM review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Couldn't Do Without It Now"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that everyone was initially reluctant and two years later it would be difficult to go back to the way we used to do things. It means the impact has been positive not only from a production standpoint, but a cultural one as well.

What do you dislike?

That we couldn't implement things fast enough. Not a DocStar issue, but an internal one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do distributed scanning. If you can have your scanning centralized it works far better.

Fewer lost documents. Faster document retrieval time since you don't have to visit the file cabinet. Lots of reclaimed space when we recycled our file cabinets.

DocStar ECM review by Kristin Y.
Kristin Y.

"No More Searching through Mountains of Paper"

What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive and easy to use. With just a little training I was up and running. Scanning and filing documents is quick and easy. No more searching in dark filing cabinets searching for that piece of paper that was misfiled. With docSTAR Eclipse. It's all instantly at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that I didn't have this product sooner. I was a big proponent of our company transitioning the Human Resources Department to a paperless filing system and this software does not disappoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

docSTAR Eclipse has been a game changer for our Human Resources Department! I couldn't dream of going back to piles of paper. I highly recommend this product to HR departments both large and small!

Previously an audit would require extensive time pulling individual files and documents, hoping that everything would be put back in the correct place. Now a few clicks of the mouse and documents are exported with ease with no risk of losing information or it falling into the wrong hands.

DocStar ECM review by Kevin H.
Kevin H.

"Ability to use a bar-code cover sheet"

What do you like best?

We file several types of documents (accounting, hr,contracts,policies). We use a bar-code coversheet workflow to re-direct the document to the correct workflow for further processing. The coversheet workflow allows us to detect blank pages (one-sided vs double-sided) and not import them. This avoids the questions from people asking /thinking a blank page was not imported correctly.

What do you dislike?

Log-in problems that occasionally happen when updates occur.

Digitizing our paper documents and setting up workflows for certain aspects of our business.

"Great document management"

What do you like best?

Ease of deployment and ease of use for our staff. Very easy to administrate and troubleshoot if the situation calls for it. Saves time to search for these massive documents and saves the physical space that would otherwise have to be used on them.

What do you dislike?

We had a data loss once, but it was recoverable. The interface seems antiquated but we may be using an older version. Some features are confusing to use, but not prohibitively so. These dislikes are honestly small gripes, since every one of them is (obviously) quickly written off by a counterpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a huge volume of documents and you want all of the benefits of virtualization for them, this is a great tool to use. It speeds up the workflow in the departments that use it and cuts down on the costs of time wasted managing documents that would otherwise be not only physical, but multi-page, sometimes up to several hundred pages. The amount of clutter and storage that this cuts down on cannot be understated!

We've been eliminating paper and paper waste, streamlining our workflow for several departments, and offered both staff and customers an easy way to manage otherwise lengthy documents. Space required to physically store these papers has been re-purposed to store other mission critical assets like network devices, computers and servers.

DocStar ECM review by Ray M.
Ray M.

"DocStar ECM - A Solution to Small and Large Business Workflow Needs"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about the DocStar ECM system is that it combines powerful workflow capabilities with the ability to accurately and securely store documents for long and short term retention requirements.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find a piece of the software that I dislike, but if I had to nitpick I would say my least favorite piece is the OCR portion. It is however growing to become more and more accurate over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation would be to understand what the licensing includes so that you can be sure you obtain all necessary pieces to fit your business needs.

I am solving business problems as small as fulfilling an electronic filing cabinet, to rerouting physical workflows for enterprise businesses to save time and money.

DocStar ECM review by Gary L.
Gary L.

"Cloud Storage for Document Management"

What do you like best?

The staff at docStar eclipse are very fast. We provided an enormous amount of files for scanning onto the cloud and it was done with high levels of accuracy and very quickly. They followed our instructions to the letter and got things done.

What do you dislike?

So far the interface in which you access the files are very old fashioned. You must follow each link into each individual folder to access certain things and you can not drag and drop items such as newer platforms in other systems. Such ways of working with a software is outdated and is not as user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest taking 30 minutes to familiarize yourself with the system. Play with how the folders work and how to move files around. The logic is simple but it needs a little getting used to.

This is helping with our lack of space in the office. By switching to an online system for document storage instead of having boxes and drawers full of files around the office, it has improved not only our over head costs but has improved efficiency. Staff can not access files more easily via the system instead of physically hunting for it.

DocStar ECM review by Harshal K.
Harshal K.

"We have been using DocStar for more than 15 years."

What do you like best?

Like the whole idea of digitizing paper copies with search capabilities using meta data.

What do you dislike?

Scanner associated with the solution, issues with scanning multiple batches at the same time. Also recent changes with the licensing. Earlier all users could scan view edit now there is a charge for users that can scan and edit. Some settings that needs for accuracy, slows down the scanning.

digitization of documents.

DocStar ECM review by Administrator

"Initially Difficult but Rewarding"

What do you like best?

The ability to brainstorm needs with a rep. We have a pretty intricate business and opposed to hearing, no constantly, or itll cost x, theyre willing to help find a solution to help make the pairing a more efficient one

What do you dislike?

Customer service lack of knowledge. They more so gather information for other tiers than troubleshoot issues. Had to wait for them to chat with a higher tier tech for them to tell me what they had to do. Frustrating, but now we have a direct contact to a Sr tech.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will not solve every one of your invoice processing issues. Expect work around's and follow up. Unless you have direct point of contact

Invoice Automation

"Disappointing "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of uploading files to DocStar.

What do you dislike?

DocStar isn't intuitive to use. When there is an issue with using the platform, it is easier to create a work around than to get the help desk or project manager involved to get it fixed. Normally, a bug causes great delay in our productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The updates cause more issues for our organization than they are worth. We are not sure of the updates because they are not listed but each update causes a new bug that takes several days and sometimes weeks to fix.

DocStar has allowed us to create a paperless workflow system that our organization is now used to using.

DocStar ECM review by Ray P.
Ray P.

"A successful and useful application"

What do you like best?

We scan hundreds of pages a documents a day. The barcode reading and OCR capabilities are very helpful to us and Docstar has been a reliable and successful part of our service.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have more options as to the type of document that is output from Docstar. TIFF is the normal output and some software does not work well with that format.

We've been able to replace boxes of manual records with electronic records. We scan research data and legal notices and make these available to our clients on our website. This is very valuable.

DocStar ECM review by Kathleen F.
Kathleen F.

"DocStar ECM and never look back"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for our field staff to review and approve invoices from anywhere with a network connection.

The customer service. They are willing to go above and beyond to get what you need done or corrected.

What do you dislike?

I did not find this product 3 years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See the demo, see the possibilities and plan your installation.

Our organization has a complicated Approval Tree, Multiple vendors working on different projects and with different Mangers. Invoices did not always go to the correct approver. We needed a solution to move invoices between approvers and not lose precious time in processing an invoice. Docstar ECM made that happen

DocStar ECM review by kori F.
kori F.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

The easy way to find mostly anything when I used the search bar. So very helpful!!

What do you dislike?

It does not grab documents that are printed in landscape when you use the search bar!

We have been able to utilize it a lot more and we no longer scan in each document one at a time, we can do hundreds of pages at once!

DocStar ECM review by User

"Good for Document Storage, Could Be Better in Other Areas"

What do you like best?

Being able to store documents, and then easily finding what I am looking for.

What do you dislike?

The uploading process could be better, there is not batch uploading feature to queue multiple documents at one time for uploading. Also, the workflow processing feature is not very intuitive and often times updates to the system changes things without you knowing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure the scope is thoroughly reviewed.

We are that much closer to being paperless after we started using DocStar. Non-confidential documents are easily shared and edited from one place, which is nice.

DocStar ECM review by Laurie C.
Laurie C.

"2 Years and going strong!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and responsiveness of the IT team when there are issues.

What do you dislike?

We had some struggles with integrating to our internal requirements at first, but once we overcame that hurdle things now run smooth

Less paper, quicker filing, ease of document retreival

DocStar ECM review by Randy P.
Randy P.

"DocStar "

What do you like best?

how simple it is use and how quickly it works with our scanners

What do you dislike?

it has very strange issues randomly with certain scans

we are able to share documents within the company with ease

DocStar ECM review by Shelby H.
Shelby H.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about DocStar is how easily the paper is displayed. There is nothing blurry or non visible. The whole operation is self explanatory. I trained for 2 days and had the system figured out.

What do you dislike?

I fell like the colors could be updated, but other than that the system is great.

Scanning daily mail into the computer system. Keeping track of customers more easily that way.

DocStar ECM review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"CEO McDonalds Design and Build inc. "

What do you like best?

the ability to have files available to me electronically

What do you dislike?

some of the cumbersome ways it is accessed

Recommendations to others considering the product

the system is very good we are a smaller company and sometimes I wonder if we are not over our heads it seams we are not keeping only the electronic records we have all the paper ones also so don't really know what we have accomplished.

we need to utilize the system better then we do. accessibility and transferability is a issue

DocStar ECM review by User

"Can't live without Docstar!"

What do you like best?

The ability to share and have documents available at a moments notice. No need for numerous file cabinets and paper files.

It gives our staff the ability to work from home without the need to take company files with you.

Keeps our staff more organized and much more efficient.

What do you dislike?

We have been using Docstar for over 3 years and have found nothing that we dislike about this system to date.

Our company has 3 different business locations. With Docstar we are able to share documents between these locations with ease. It has reduced the need for moving paper files through the mail system between locations.

DocStar ECM review by Michele R.
Michele R.

"Makes my job easier!"

What do you like best?

Ability to handle multiple files and documents with ease and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes system refuses to upload documents no matter what size.

Again ease and efficiency in handling multiple files.

DocStar ECM review by Administrator

"Training and migration support were lacking. Product, overall, seems robust."

What do you like best?

Search features, metadata collection and document previewing.

What do you dislike?

The fact that training is entirely by video/faq/group webcast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software seems decent and very capable. In the northeast area of the US, after initial sale by the reseller, support and training were lacking. Several emails to the four members of the reseller with whom we had numerous contacts prior to the sale went entirely unanswered and unaddressed after the sale. DocStar is now our direct contact for support, rather than their reseller, so perhaps the implementation and training portion of the service has been improved for future clients.

We were attempting to move towards having the ECM serve as our system of record for various documents.

DocStar ECM review by Helen B.
Helen B.

"DocStar is a great business tool!"

What do you like best?

I like that DocStar has very precise OCR'ing capabilities which makes it easy to convert our paper documents into a searchable text document.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the Automatic Filing process can be time consuming when you have many large files to process.

We are able to store a large volume of files, for an extended period of time which makes researching historical issues very easy.

DocStar ECM review by Administrator

"Invoice Approval and Routing a breeze"

What do you like best?

We have had great success in setting up a complicated workflow for approval of invoices. Depending upon a multitude of criteria, the invoice gets routed to the correct person, obtains required number of approvals and is automatically routed for payment. Rejected invoices are notated as to the rejection reason and routed for resolution.

What do you dislike?

at times the interface behaves funky. Closing the browser and restarting a session will fix.

Workflow/Routing of documents is easy.

DocStar ECM review by Administrator

"A great thing is greater"

What do you like best?

The search ability available allows documents to be found with amazing efficiency; even when someone has entered a client number wrong. There are many fields to use.

What do you dislike?

The mail utility is not as good as the previous version of Docstar

We archive hundreds of documents each day, and not everyone employs consistent naming conventions. I can find things that people think are lost, and I look like a wizard!

"Goodbye Paper"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use. With just a little training we were up and running. Scanning and filing is quick and everything is right at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

I'm picky about searching for documents and dislike that you have to input an item exactly how it would be indexed. Example: if you need a document from 4/4/2018, you cannot find it if you type in 4/04/2018. I wish the search feature would pull similar and suggested docs.

All of our filing cabinets are gone! No one has to sift through hundreds of papers to find the one they're looking for. It's a great time saver.

DocStar ECM review by Administrator

"Great Process - Not very attractive"

What do you like best?

I liked that there is a process that can be customized to your particular process.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of information to be displayed and, personally, I don't find it attractive. Though, I will say, it does hold everything you need. It is kind of hard to be able to cram all the information that we need into the process and then hide what is not needed for each individual person. The capabilities are there and it will work great once it is implemented, but the up front work is a lot...

Truck Sales and Management

DocStar ECM review by Phillip M.
Phillip M.

"Does everything we need it to do"

What do you like best?

OCR functionality and workflows. This allows greater automation of our contracts with customers.

What do you dislike?

The user interface looks a little dated.

We are eliminating paperwork in several departmens and allowing exposure to data over the network quicker. Prior to implementing Docstar a majority of historical documents needed to be retrieved from storage which was a time consuming process.

DocStar ECM review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Docstar at its best"

What do you like best?

We use the docstar system for an insurance agency. I love the ease of use from scanning documents in to being able to find documents that have been scanned.

What do you dislike?

No internet no Docstar. there have not been any dislikes on this product.

I like that we are able to email document after they have been scanned.

DocStar ECM review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"DocStar"

What do you like best?

DocStar looks like it has the capability to do a lot.

What do you dislike?

The application is cumbersome to use and the security model is awful.

We are just trying to archive and find documents. The benefit of the system has not been realized due to poor setup in the beginning, but given the way the system is designed and the support we have gotten, that does not surprise me.

DocStar ECM review by Jennifer N.
Jennifer N.

"Filling simplified"

What do you like best?

Easy filing and look up. Once I file a document I'm able to look it up a few moments later with simple keywords

What do you dislike?

Crashes. Unfortunately when trying to save as a PDF it will go through periods of time where it will crash. It doesn't happen often but when it does it's repeatedly.

Quick easy paperless filing

DocStar ECM review by Administrator

"Threw away the file cabinets"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that everyone in our company can access filed documents right from their desktop and there customer support is awesome!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike about this product

No longer have mounds of paper that has to be filed, we were able to open our office more once we had no need for multiple filing cabinets

"Transition to ECM"

What do you like best?

A lot of great features and robust searches. Like the user and group policies deployed through security classes

What do you dislike?

Still in native stage and should have brought some basic features over from 3.x

Has helped us go paperless and acts as a file server for accounting dept

DocStar ECM review by Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.

"Great tool for digital file mangement"

What do you like best?

The ability of the new mobile app has increased our company productivity and accessibility.

What do you dislike?

Search function could use some additional features. Additional filter options could be helpful.

DocStar has greatly reduced our company's storage needs and paper waste. Employees are able to access documents remotely.

"Docstar"

What do you like best?

Workflow creation assists in creating a efficient process.

What do you dislike?

Configuration can be a bit clunky - odd places to find the configs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure contract spells out exactly what you expect to recieve.

We use docstar for invoice workflow and document management. Has streamlined the process

DocStar ECM review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Workflow efficiency"

What do you like best?

Ease of configuration and use. The user interface is clean

What do you dislike?

Have not identified anything that I dislike thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far this product has been very easy to setup and configure. It should prove to create efficiency in a very manual process A/P is doing today.

Workflow for approval, image storage, and invoice payment. Efficiency over a manual process is greatly improved

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

DocStar is very easy to use and quick to learn. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had more features at time and was cheaper.

We use it to save all old insurance policies. It makes it easy to find one certain document.

DocStar ECM review by User in Plastics
User in Plastics

"Useful and stable but slow"

What do you like best?

Wealth of parameters to help wit document workflows.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the system can be bogged down by bigger searches. The user interface could also use some updating.

The business is able to collect and correlate large numbers of documents from multple sites and teams to a easily searched window.

DocStar ECM review by Jacob S.
Jacob S.

"Great Document Managment"

What do you like best?

Easy and fast way of finding document. We have daily 160-200 documents in-flow .

What do you dislike?

Crashes sometimes, have to reboot while it's frozen or use Start Manager as machine gets frozen.

Mass storage and retrieval of large volume of documents, filing and sorting

DocStar ECM review by Jim S.
Jim S.

"Jim's review"

What do you like best?

We need a format like this to be able to look up documents for future use.

What do you dislike?

While looking up certain types of files, it is a little difficult to navigate around in Docstar. I should be able to find things faster.

It's a backup for all of our documents.

DocStar ECM review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Solid System"

What do you like best?

DocStar has brought stability and capability to or digital imaging initiatives. Past products where plagued with performance and stability issues and DocStar delivered on remediation of that issue.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the throughput of multiple scans can be heavy on resources.

Elimination of unnecessary records that where taking up valuable space.

DocStar ECM review by Executive Sponsor in Restaurants
Executive Sponsor in Restaurants

"Good product for the money"

What do you like best?

Ability to search file names and meta data very easily.

What do you dislike?

I think the work flow programming is clunky. A more intuitive approach should be developed.

Filing and sharing of almost all documents for the company. The benefits are that it is much easier to find documents now.

DocStar ECM review by Hilary M.
Hilary M.

"Pleased with first paperless experience"

What do you like best?

The customer service is top notch. The system is user friendly for anyone with some computer experience.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system can be slow, but rarely. Sometimes updates take a little getting used to, but that's to be expected.

We have gone paperless for the first time

DocStar ECM review by Susana  P.
Susana P.

"Very Efficient and User Friendly "

What do you like best?

like that you can upload files instantly and than access the documents at any time

What do you dislike?

sometimes you can get kicked off of your log in and have to resign in

document availability and becoming more paperless

DocStar ECM review by Janice J.
Janice J.

"very poor response time to problems"

What do you like best?

no file cabinets, great to get rid of excess paper work

What do you dislike?

rely heavily for software to work and impacts many jobs if it does not

still trying to get and running after months of waiting

Learn more about DocStar ECM

DocStar ECM Videos

Learning about DocStar ECM?

* We monitor all DocStar ECM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.