DocuShare

DocuShare

DocuShare connects diverse users and content with your organization’s systems so employees, customers, constituents, and partners can efficiently access, share and process business critical information.

Work for DocuShare?

DocuShare review by <span>Ted L.</span>
Ted L.

Xerox DocuShare Review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Xerox's DocuShare support team has been outstanding. We've used them to build us custom workflow routings, reducing the amount of time it takes the users to create the routings as opposed to creating the workflows from scratch using the native ad-hoc routings. Steps in the custom routings are based on groups tied to Active Directory so the code does not need to be updated as people come and go from positions in the company.

What do you dislike?

The database structure is difficult to try to understand. This makes trying to build reports against the system cumbersome, though Xerox will build queries into the system as a paid customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DocuShare has been a great product for us for over a decade. In our environment, it has been very 'hands-off' administratively over the years. As would be the case for document control in most if not all manufacturing companies, the drivers and owners of the system are the quality department. They have far more work than the IS department, but that's based upon the work of managing the content - the burden of QA would be there in any document control system.

As you would imagine - DocuShare is our document control system. It allows us to easily prove that we indeed do have that control during audits. We can set the auditing to be extremely verbose, giving the ability to provide traceability on any document or user.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DocuShare
DocuShare review by <span>Todd T.</span>
Todd T.

Docushare Review

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The uptime for the product is very good. Very seldom do we have to reboot the in-house DocuShare server. We also like DocuShare Drive client on the workstation. Our users like the ability to edit files and their location on the fly instead of signing into the GUI

What do you dislike?

The necessity to have a SmartDocTravel server in order to be the go between the Xerox MFP and the DocuShare server. Should be able to do all of this with one server. Maybe the new version has this capability but I just don't know at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about purchasing DocuShare I would compare it to other products such as Toshiba's Docuware. We recently had a demonstration and I have to say it has more functions like the Print directly to the Toshiba printer which in turn will file it electronically without ever having to scan the document.

Electronic Document Storage. Easy to drill down and find archive documents via the text search function.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution do you use?

DocuShare review by <span>Doug C.</span>
Doug C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

DocuShare is easy to figure out and use, even for the advanced features. It's easy to integrate with other applications and operations. We use the drag-n-drop interface, DocuShare Drive, and content intake quite a lot. I use the Email Agent just about every day to send and file documents at the same time. The search features are excellent.

What do you dislike?

I've been wanting a sync program to work between my PC and DocuShare, like the simple file sharing offerings have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to someone who uses or has implemented DocuShare in the manner you intend to. Skim through the documentation and datasheets for the add-ons.

We keep all our internal documentation and account information here and use it to a limited degree to provide information about our products and services for public access.

DocuShare review by <span>Amy F.</span>
Amy F.

Xerox does it all

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that I can use this to do just about anything that I need in my line of work. I can scan and shrink or enlarge items, collate and hole punch, staple large booklets, I can't think of anything this doesn't do for me. It's easy to troubleshoot as well because the xerox machine in itself is pretty complicated. It also fits well with the Applied system we use and lets our office be completely paperless as far as customer files go.

What do you dislike?

The machines require quite a bit of maintenance and when one is down, our office really misses it. I love all that they can do, but with the expanded technology, it means they aren't easy for us to fix and we have to call up our maintenance plan quite often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, if you have a large office and need to share customer files, this is the way to go.

We can all share data with each other with the touch of a button. it's stored for easy access for retrieval for all. And it can be opened in many formats.

DocuShare review by <span>Prashanth M.</span>
Prashanth M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The UI and ease of use are much better now with the new layout. We did have some issues when the new version was initially rolled out, but now we have a better system overall.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with the search functionality. Ideally, I'd like the barcodes scanned in as values to look-up additional to the title entered by the person scanning

Easy access to documents. Convenient location to store and retrieve Work Orders and Test Data Sheets.

DocuShare review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

DocuShare system admin

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, the menus are really easy to find and understand. I am not a regular user and did not get trained "how to", but I have been able to manage the system.

What do you dislike?

I am not a regular user, so I really can't comment on this. But as I get to use it more as system admin, I find how it is used.

Records management and training records. They are all in one location, even though it is not the "Official records" we are still able to control and mange the records for the entire group functions.

Learn more about DocuShare

DocuShare Videos

Learning about DocuShare?

* We monitor all DocuShare reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.