(1,107)

DocuSign makes it easy and fast to get your documents signed. Whether you need to close a big sales contract, keep your company trade secrets safe with an NDA or buy a home, DocuSign helps you get a signature anytime, anywhere, on any device.

Work for DocuSign?

Learning about DocuSign?

DocuSign Reviews

Ask DocuSign a Question
Showing 1,135 DocuSign reviews
DocuSign review by Robert P.
Robert P.

"The best software to sign documents digitally"

What do you like best?

This is one of the most helpful softwares I use at work. With Docusign, I don´t have to spend money printing documents and sending them to customers to sign. It is easy to load a document, point where you need the customer to sign or fill a field, and send it with no problem. The customer only needs to receive it and sign it digitally, with no need to have a Docusign account.

Also, you can include payment options to send invoices, without any hassle, so it is very easy to collect payments in the same process

What do you dislike?

To be honest, is difficult to dislike something, because even the customer support was superb. It is a very intuitive and easy to use software.

Maybe the only thing that can be improved is that they allow you to have various users with the same account

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is hands down the easiest way to sign documents digitally and save paper and the world

I am solving several business problems. I was spending a lot of money on original documents and waiting for customers to print them, sign them and then scan them. With Docusign everything is very easy, and I am saving the world and saving a lot of money without using any paper.

In addition, we did not have a tool to send invoices and collect payments, and we solved it with Docusign. Now we can integrate it with Stripe so problem totally solved

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DocuSign
DocuSign review by Sam S.
Sam S.

"Does what it promises, but there are many other options out there."

What do you like best?

Simple, works on all platforms. Easy for layman to implement and get documents signed without hassle. Helpful for paperless systems to maintain compliance with signature requirements on financial documents, consent forms, contracts and the like. Simple implementation, did not require technical expertise to set up. I especially like how easy it is for customers to get into the platform and sign something, it seems anybody can accomplish this regardless of their computer system be it mobile, desktop, or tablet.

What do you dislike?

The cost is higher than many of its competitors, I believe this is just due to the name recognition. For performing such a basic task such as signing a document there are less costly options available within many ERP or CRM platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definately do it if your current systems don't already have a digital signature system in place. Not a bad add-on for traditional paper systems. Easy to use for everyone involved, no technical experience required.

Saving paper and speeding admissions process for new clients. Allows us to get important financial and consent forms signed and filed without forcing people to print/fax/scan paper just to get a signature. Has completely eliminated our need for pen and paper during new client admissions.

What E-Signature solution do you use?

DocuSign review by Matt T.
Matt T.

"Trusted eSignature Brand"

What do you like best?

Brand recognition is a main draw for DocuSign customers that I've worked with. It's a brand that people tend to trust. Second to that I highly value the tight integration between DocuSign, Drawloop and Salesforce. This combination has allowed me to setup some really great automation processes for documents requiring signature.

What do you dislike?

Some of our customers have had challenges with navigating the signing experience. Some will think they've completed the signing process when they have not, and that causes frustration or delays. DocuSign does allow some customization to the signing experience, but unfortunately that customization is global for your system. You have to use the same signing experience across all of your documents.

The biggest benefit is the reduced time to complete the signing process. The automated routing capabilities of DocuSign have enabled us to significantly reduce turnaround and cost over a traditional paper process where documents must be physically mailed out, or wait in queues to be signed by different parties.

DocuSign review by Akshita N.
Akshita N.

"Easy to use and very good app for keeping signature records at one place"

What do you like best?

This is the best app to keep your important signed documents at one place.

we have been using this app from the start and it helped ua to keep our all important records at one place.

You can generate templates which you need on regular basis and you can make changes when ever you want.. You can send all the documents that needs to be signed at a mailing address that need your attention. You can always maintain the priority of the signatory.

What do you dislike?

Need a little Guidance to understand the use Once understood you can easily maintain all your documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the perfect app to store all you signed records at one place. We have we using the same since the start of our company and we are so sure that this is the best app we are using for signing our paper works.

The home page helps you to keep a eye on unsigned records which need your attentation.

I would suggest this small app for the company need documentation and need the signatures at one place.

App is easy to use once we learn how to use. And need only few steps to complete all the documentation signed.

Happy User.

Its really help us to maintain our records of Contractors and all singed documents that are legal and that need to keep records as per the USCIS rules.

It really help us to keep our records at one place.

DocuSign review by Chandan D.
Chandan D.

"DocuSign is the ultimate esignature tool"

What do you like best?

Impeccable signing experience.

SaaS based cloud solution

Encryption is top notch

Platform independent. You can sign from any platform let it be Windows, Android or iOS

Device independent. Works like a charm over all mobile devices like Phone, iPad, Tablets and of course Browsers.

New Sign Experience makes it more responsive and fast - like Liquid.

Reporting module provides accurate statistics of DocuSign Usage.

Reports can be scheduled to be delivered.

Administration is extremely easy and very effective.

User addition as well as Leavers process is crisp.

Availability of workflows

Upload signature functionality

Security and authenticity

Huge options for customizations for Admins

Separate environments for QAS and PROD

What do you dislike?

DocuSign can improve the following -

Better support for highly customized forms. They sometimes break on some browsers.

Better testing of products before releasing to customers.

Reporting can be improved with more information regarding documents.

Reporting permission management can be improved.

Integration with third party softwares and services can be improved.

DocuSign Connect should support more environments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DocuSign is very good for e signatures.

Saves money time and effort in getting documents signed.

Saves the environment by reducing carbon footprint.

DocuSign supports the environment by reducing carbon foot print and improving the environment.

Reduction in paper based and ink based signature saves trees.

Reduction in paper based and ink based signature saves time taken to move the documents from one signer to next.

Reduces time taken to complete Signing process.

Workflow mechanism ensures documents are moved along the proper path.

Saves time and money and improves process making it LEAN oriented

DocuSign review by Janell S.
Janell S.

"Using in financial institution"

What do you like best?

DocuSign is changing the way we do business. Not just for documents that we need to have signed, but internally using Powerforms. It is transformational.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more admin controls and more functionality for the more creative, "outside of the box" things that we are using DocuSign for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take one of the DocuSign certification classes!

Our phone representatives are now able to do their own loan signings remotely, without forcing people to come in to the branch to sign.We're finally catching up to the rest of the world! We are also using Powerforms to replace paper and old electronic forms for internal use, which is giving us better information and accuracy because employees can't just re-send an old version of the form. They just click the link and go!

*** Following up: I now work for another financial institution and they also use it for document storage as well.

DocuSign review by Naomi H.
Naomi H.

"Makes signing easy with few glitches"

What do you like best?

It's very simple and straightforward to design a form with fields that are easy to customize. Simple workflow options are also easy to manage. The admin side of things is also fairly simple. The user interface is actually really aesthetically pleasing. Because of the nice, clean, easy interface, it was a tool that I was able to train others on in a short amount of time.

What do you dislike?

There are some glitches that are hard to figure out, and the help desk area is a little convoluted and not as easily and streamlined as the rest of the product. Moving from the classic experience to the new experience was difficult, and we bought the project right during the transition. There were some things that were offered on one side of things, but not on the other. There was also an issue of signing up for a trial version, and then signing up for a full account, and somehow two accounts were created with two sign-in email addresses, and we'd have to get them merged. It was confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is effective at helping manage and streamline the signing of documents, and I don't think there's a better product out there for this.

We have so many documents that require signatures. DocuSign seriously reduced the need for inter-office paper mail, reducing labor costs and errors.

DocuSign review by Angeline A.
Angeline A.

"DocuSign review"

What do you like best?

It makes signing docs so convenient! I like that I don't have to download whatever I have to sign and then figure out ways to sign it. It really makes things so convenient. The signature you adopt is also pretty cool! I like the realistic signature. Cute handwritten-like font haha

What do you dislike?

At first, I was very skeptic (still kinda am). It seemed very sketchy. I mean, it's not really my signature, so I was skeptic as to how this can be legit. Perhaps they can find a way to assure their customers the legal possible stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes life easy! You can conveniently sign documents. Really cool, realistic signature you can adopt too! :)

I don't have much problems in terms of using it. I guess my only problem is the legitimacy of adopting a signature. Like, what if I encounter some legal complication; will this make a problem? But for the benefits: really saved me a lot of time and made my life easy!

DocuSign review by jenny h.
jenny h.

"My docusign review"

What do you like best?

We use this software to have our clients sign the papwerwork needed for us to be able to help them repair their credit. It is very easy to use. I love the fact that it comes with a ton of different templates that you can edit so that they better fit what you need them for.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I really have not found anything about this software that I don't like. We switched over from dispute suite and the signing process and the voice process was extremely difficulty but with docusign I have had no issues to this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a software that allows your clients to be able to sign things online on their own time in an easy fashion this is the software you want to use.

This software allows us to be able to send a contract to our clients using an established templete and let them sign it while they are on the phone with us. If they are not able to sign at the time they are on the phone they can esign later and we still receive the information that they have signed as soon as they do it.

DocuSign review by Drew H.
Drew H.

"Easy to use - intuitive - secure"

What do you like best?

Docusign is very easy to use and incredibly intuitive. I have experienced that it is secure, and fulfills my needs as well as the needs of my clients. I can send them Docusign documents and expect that they will intuitively understand how to e-sign it without printing out, without instruction, and without any issues. This makes it very nice for me, as it helps with my own brand in streamlining their operations and processes. It takes a way a lot of the cumbersome nature of printing out and signing multiple pages. It also does a very nice job with user interface and user experience, as it highlights the areas that still need to be signed and also jumps automatically to the next place. If a signature line hasn't been filled out appropriately, it will bring you back to that section in order to complete it, which is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to have a custom signature

I need signatures for my consulting business on contracts. It makes it super easy for my clients, who are often solo entrepreneurs.

DocuSign review by Pradeep  G.
Pradeep G.

"Most flexible way of getting the document signed"

What do you like best?

With both parties doing the e-sign is the best part which saves lot of link in the printer and very importantly time.I use the mobile app a lot and it's pretty good and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike. I would say the month-to month subscription is little expensive for some businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DocuSign is really useful getting work done fast and also saves lot of money with paper and ink. I have seen difference is time it takes for manual sing and by using DocuSign and the results are excellent.

We used to have very long process of getting the documents singed which require the vendor to print, sign, scan and email the documents. Some time this reduces the quality of the document too. With docusign, we have the paper work done pretty fast with best quality.

DocuSign review by jen h.
jen h.

"Docusign review"

What do you like best?

The convenience of being able to edit the document to have it say what we need it to say so that the client completely understands the process they will go through and how much it is going to cost them.

What do you dislike?

At times it can a little confusing for the client to be able to figure out where exactly they have to sign have had a few clients that had trouble finding all of the spots where they had to initial and sign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure when you go over something with the person you want to sign the forms you send them through docusign that you stay on the phone with them and instruct them on exactly how many boxes and spots there are for them to sign at.

Docu Sign allows us to be able to have the client completely sign all forms necessary for us to get them started in our program before we hangup the phone. All details of what we are to be doing for them is clearly laid out in the docusign form we use.

DocuSign review by Rishabh R.
Rishabh R.

"DocuSign - The Safest and easiest way for electronic signature"

What do you like best?

In DocuSign uploading a document for signature or retrieve it is fairly a simple process It allows to enter the name and email address of each person who need to electronically sign then use drag and drop to specify which fields need to be filled in by signers. We are using Docusign for our Sales team where all the legal and sales contracts are getting electronically signed using DocuSign.

What do you dislike?

DocuSign should allow a customized platform to integrate it with other web application. I would love to see if Docusign can provide a platform through which we can access the information via API / Webservice calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, Cloud storage, Legally Safe and secure, Secure authentication method,100% availability without any issues.

DocuSign is the best feature we have for our Sales team for procuring the digitally signed sales contracts and legal documents via secure process. At docuSign all the electronic signatures are legal and safe to use for signing important/confidential documents.

DocuSign review by Kevin P.
Kevin P.

"Signatures made easy"

What do you like best?

Docusign has a great integration with Salesforce that allows for documents to be sent automatically with tags already in place with the click of a couple buttons. Click and drag functionality is easy to use and it’s easy to create custom fields. The mobile app is fantastic as well and makes for easy on the go signature.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that you cannot delete or void an agreement without a notification being sent out to the original recipient. I would like there to be a way to either send a notification that the document was deleted/voided or to just delete with no email. If there are different versions of a document that have been sent and I want to go back through and clean things up, it causes confusion if a contract has already been signed.

Docusign allows me to easily get agreements signed by two parties with minimal back and forth. It allows people to access documents on the go for signatures even out of the office with no computer access.

DocuSign review by Alaina S.
Alaina S.

"Great product for electronic document signing!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can create my documents with any program I want, however I want, and upload it into DocuSign. From there I can add all of the places I want filled in by the user or auto-filled by the system.

What do you dislike?

I had a little trouble with the expiration dates on the forms (a glitch in the system) and had to re-create a few of them, however, this is a quick and easy processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely the way to go. You can send documents electronically as well as handle them in person. If you already have them in your computer, all you have to do is upload them and easily add the boxes to fill in. There are many ways to customize them as well. If you have multiple versions of the same document, all you have to do is create a copy of the template and replace the document.

This expedites the program we offer. We used to mail the documents to our potential clients and wait for them to be mailed back. This saves us and the clients so much time. It allows helps us get all of the information we need since there is a "required field" feature that doesn't allow them to finish the document if they don't fill them all in.

DocuSign review by Chris P.
Chris P.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

It makes the signature process seamless when set up well

What do you dislike?

It can be clunky to get the right template in lace, and sometime the field are slightly askew after I apply to template to a new document. It is a minor in convenience. Also I had a problem with Docusigns landing in spam, but it had something to do with our email servers needing to be formatted for Docusign. Talk to your It guy about it is apparently easy to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you talk to your IT guy about setting up the email server to send Docusign, I am not familiar with thte technical side of it, and it is apparently an easy fix, but many of our Docusign were landing in spam for a time.

Make it easier for people to buy. It has become so integral to our process and industry that clients expect it now.

I highly recommend to anyone who has not adopted this tool yet.

DocuSign review by Phil A.
Phil A.

"Quick and Easy!"

What do you like best?

I love how fast and easy it is to get important things done. Contract negotiations are hard enough without endless papers flying back and forth. I feel good knowing I get online, up to date, easily archivable copies of my important contracts that I can address quickly without having to even get up and scan them. As someone with a busy job, even these small efficiency gains feel like huge wins for me.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything about the service that isn't exactly what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple and effective to use. In fact, it's so easy I'm struggling to add more meat to this review. The only other recommendation I have is that depending on your status as a government contractor or healthcare provider or other specialized field, you may need to research whether DocuSign meets all your regulatory obligations. But for the world of industrial safety supplies, it's perfect!

In eCommerce, I do business with vendors and software providers that can be next door, two states over, or in Europe. DocuSign allows me to quickly and painlessly negotiate deals with people all over the world. I also use it in my personal life for things like college payment contracts.

DocuSign review by Seema D.
Seema D.

"Cost and Time Saving Approval Software"

What do you like best?

I like best that we can save paper, no longer do we need to print forms to have signed only to scan them in and trash the paper copies. There is a large green savings with DocuSign and we are glad to be able to use it in our company globally.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we cannot edit previously signed documents, I understand the legality behind it but admins should have more options on how to correct or change documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any company that requires signatures should obtain this software. It is easy to use, hassle free and eco friendly. The time savings for our company out weigh the costs dramatically. This software improves visibility for our global teams and increases proficiency and communication.

We are globally able to now approve projects, and execute plans in real time vs. waiting for multiple signatures.

DocuSign review by Eileen Moran C.
Eileen Moran C.

"Extremely easy document signing and sending"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and secure place for signing and storing your contracts

What do you dislike?

Document limits don't go by the calendar month, so it can be confusing when you are running low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DocuSign is very easy to use and it is actually fun to drag and drop the signature and other fields into documents. I've learned from experience that for some contracts, it's a good idea to send the draft by email if there's a chance that the person wants to change it. Once you send a document, it counts towards your monthly total even if it is not signed.

I am never the signer of the contracts, and DocuSign makes it easy for me to track the status, remind people, and get notified when the document is completed by adding myself as a person to get a copy when it is finished.

This saves time for everyone and makes it easy for people to sign documents on the road without having to print and scan documents.

Sending contracts and other documents to be signed is much easier because you don't have to waste paper by printing them and time in scanning them. They're already digital documents and can just be uploaded, signed online and downloaded after everyone signs.

DocuSign review by User

"DocuSign"

What do you like best?

An easy way to securely send documents and acquire electronic signatures while avoiding any inconvenience to either party. Now members don't have to make special trips just to sign documents while out-of-town members don't have to rely on finding a fax machine. Perfect for loan documents and financial paperwork. Notifications that the other party has received the document is a big help when trying to coordinate.

What do you dislike?

It isn't always apparent to the user what they need to do. Without experience I would consider it very user-unfriendly. With a little guidance and experience, however, it becomes much easier to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to find someone who is an experienced user to help you learn the ropes early on. Our company has an expert or two whenever there are questions and this has been invaluable.

Avoiding having our members drive into the branches to sign documents. Ease of use when acquiring a signature the second time around (again avoiding a second trip) if something is wrong the first time. The ability to capture multiple signatures from multiple people in multiple locations at multiple times.

DocuSign review by Robert G.
Robert G.

"Secured Document signing"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that this app allows me to secure and protect my contracts, letters , forms and more for all my electronic signatures. It gives me verification that my document has been signed electronically. It makes it easier in emergencies when you need a signature right away to meet a deadline

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I receive an email to securely sign a document that I received requires a password to sign my document, but never receive the password I need to use from whomever sent me my document to sign off on or the password that I did receive does not work or may have expired and I have to contact my client for a new one that works to sign my document using DocuSign

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool tool to use to secure your documents that need a signature that you can't get otherwise from someone that's not in front of you to sign.

We are able to save our verification electronic signatures after a client has signed off on a form and have a record of it in case we lose a hard copy for it.

DocuSign review by Amy A.
Amy A.

"Great for freelancers to send contracts for signature!"

What do you like best?

DocuSign's UI is intuitive. It's easy to use and setup. You can save documents to a template for commonly used docs (in my case - my standard contract terms and scope of work) that you frequently send to clients for signature. If the recipient has never used DocuSign, its easy for just about anyone to use and sign. I set up a template and inserted fields for the recipient to sign and sent for signature in about 20 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the only thing that was a bit challenging was figuring out how to setup and use a template, but I used the help feature to solve that problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for freelancers and super affordable. Save yourself time and get contracts back faster by using this product.

I am a full-time freelance writer and DocuSign makes it easy to send contracts/scope of work to clients for signature. It speeds up the process of getting a new client on board because no one wants to print, sign, scan in and email a document to get things going. It saves time and makes the process easier for everyone involved!

DocuSign review by Sarah U.
Sarah U.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

This is a super quick and easy way to allow clients to sign documents and store contracts.

What do you dislike?

Uploading contracts can be a bit confusing and pricing can get high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a really excellent service to subscribe to. It allows you to present a contract in a professional manner, show the client exactly where to sign and how to sign, then gives you the ability to go back and retrieve the document when needed.

My recommendation would be to review the templates and familiarize yourself with how to use Docusign so as not to waste the amount of contracts you pay for each month.

This is perfect for a small business.

I love being able to send out a contract and getting a notification when the receiver opens and reads it. It's also really easy to retrieve a contract and signature if needed.

DocuSign review by Lark I.
Lark I.

"Keeps things amazingly simple. Even for non-techy clients "

What do you like best?

I like that the process is very simple and minimalist. I've usually used this service with non-techy clients used to working with paper so it was important that the process was very easy to figure out. It's also really important that the mobile workflow is easy as well since the main benefit of Docusign vs old methods is convenience. Luckily, their mobile workflow is great!

What do you dislike?

One of the competitors is less expensive and does a similar job. However I'd say that Docusign definitely has a better interface that is clearer for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Docusign is the best e-sign service I've come across. However I do sometimes use their competitor due to costs because our usage is low. This would be a perfect service for those who sign contracts more regularly.

Docusign allows you to send and receive binding contracts. Many clients are used to printing out and mailing contracts so it's been great to get them doing it online. It's so much more convenient.

DocuSign review by Brittany E.
Brittany E.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

It is very self explanatory and easy to use, even for first time users. You only have to sign and initial once and then you can apply it to different areas in the document you are trying to sign.

What do you dislike?

It can get tricky if you issue a document for your client to sign, and they say they didn't get it, so you send another one, and then they try to sign the first one it won't work anymore. It's not an issue for me, but some clients get confused by this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the mobile aspect so employees can work in the field without needing a laptop or computer access.

Allows for clients to sign documents remotely so you they can do it more conveniently than having to meet in person, etc. They completed document is ready immediately so there's no time spent waiting for docs to be mailed to you.

DocuSign review by Stephen H.
Stephen H.

"Get rid of paper in your processes!"

What do you like best?

Docusign is an simple yet complete suite to help you remove paper from your business processes. We have integrated Docusign in our SaaS software and it has enabled our customers to streamline their processes and close deals much faster.

Best bits:

- Great mobile integration

- Nice tools for document creation and marking up

- Simple integration API for custom software

- Great reports

- Removes paper waste

What do you dislike?

Pricing can get up there with full usage but when you consider the feature set this is quite a minor dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have paper documents or processes across any or all of you business then do take the plunge and make use of Docusign to digitise these processes.

Docusign has helped both our customers and ourselves to remove inefficient and insecure paper documents from our business processes. This has led to much quicker sales processes and much more transparent and audited documentation.

Particularly useful has been the enablement of capturing a signature on a mobile device.

DocuSign review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"DocuSign has changed the way I work! "

What do you like best?

I love using DocuSign! As a recruiter, I am constantly sending out offer letters and this is the easiest way to keep track of all of our sign on paperwork. It syncs great with our online program, Smart Recruiters as well as we are able to send copies to not only our Recruiting team and the candidate, but also our HR Team as well.

What do you dislike?

There really is not much I dislike about the program. However, if you did need to make a change on a document- you have to go in and copy the entire document again, making it a few extra steps for our company.

Cost and efficiency. This saves us so much time as well as does a great job at reminding our team about deadlines.

DocuSign review by Kath F.
Kath F.

"Best Confidential Signing Service"

What do you like best?

DocuSign makes it so easy to send documents for people, sign yourself, and edit documents after you have sent them. I don't know how many contracts I have sent that have small changes to them that DocuSign allows me to change and resend. Excellent feature.

What do you dislike?

The cost - DocuSign business licenses are incredibly costly, especially for a small business. But the time that it saves when you are working with a remote and extremely busy executive team does make up for a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an industry standard at this point,

As mentioned before, this allows me to send documents to my CEO who may be traveling the globe at any point and have something signed off immediately. SOW's are signed super fast and sent back to the client. This allows our work to flow at a faster pace.

DocuSign review by Owen S.
Owen S.

"Top of the Industry"

What do you like best?

DocuSign has revolutionized the way that we do business by dramatically speeding our intake process and our ability to obtain accurate, error-free paperwork. DocuSign's web interface and applications are intuitive and efficient.

What do you dislike?

The only issue we have with DocuSign is their offline capability. Offline singing does exist through the DocuSign application, but the functionality is reduced to the point where it no longer meets our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DocuSign is deeply intuitive and easy to use, I would highly recommend it to any corporation looking to expedite the process of obtaining signatures and reduce their reliance on paper

We use DocuSign to reduce the amount of paper we use in the process of on-boarding new clients and HR-related functions. It saves us a tremendous amount of time and money.

DocuSign review by Kiaya C.
Kiaya C.

"DocuSign for the Enterprise"

What do you like best?

DocuSign is an easy e-signature interface that was easily rolled out for both external and internal signature needs. As a company, we have streamlined all company signatures with DocuSign that has reduced turn-around times up to 78%. This has been crucial for the business to track and sign customer contracts to ensure signature times for revenue recognition.

It is very easy to use from both a sender and signer perspective. The UI is intuitive and as a customer, it is imperative that we do not have to help our customers through the signing process.

Another awesome feature is their "Any Signer" or signing groups feature. This allows multiple signers to be on a single email. This way we can streamline our signer's email to be an alias and allow multiple people sign envelopes that was sent to a single email.

What do you dislike?

The DocuSign for Salesforce connector is not as robust as I would like. The largest gap with Out of the Box DS for SF is the lack of knowledge of which documents are being sent within SFDC via Docusign. We use partner, Drawloop, to fill in the void of Docusign -> Salesforce automation. It allows us to customize more complex routing logic dependent deal size, type, etc.

Another dislike of the tool is the administration of DocuSign users and sharing of envelopes. Unlike an enterprise solution like SFDC, DOcuSign is very B2C in regards to it's sharing and permissions levels. As an administrator, I have to go user by user and share each user's envelopes to every user that should have the access rights to see envelopes. For example, there are a handful of accounting and Sales Operations members that need to see all Sales Reps envelopes in process. This allows them to view the documents that are currently in process and to assist sales if needed. I have to go into 100+ users individually and share their envelopes with each Accounting/SalesOps user. It would be nice to have profile wide sharing rules to allow a certain profile to see all envelopes of users with another profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DocuSign is the best in class tool. But, word from someone who implemented the tool - Docusign is an e-signature tool, NOT a contract management tool. We tried to make DS be both and it did not work leading to increased project timelines and lack of adoption. When we decoupled DS from being a contract management tool, we had much higher success and adoption using the tool the way it is intended to be used.

Docusign has allowed the business to transact with customers, vendors, and internal employees faster than ever. It has been very important to see where documents are in the signing process, where the bottlenecks in the signing process are and has allowed us to change processes to make it easier to transact business with. Docusign has also made it easier to prove proof signature and time of signature for revenue recognition needs.

DocuSign review by Josh B.
Josh B.

"Love it! Close deals with partners FAST and EASY."

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that anyone who I send a contract to via DocuSign, it's very easy to jump into and legally sign the document. Making it fully compatible for the legal department.

What do you dislike?

There really haven't been any issues that I dislike. Maybe the price could be lower but you shouldn't worry about this if it's for the company's sake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're still signing PDF documents by hand... using a pen – you need to stop :) And give your self a relief. DocuSign will help you step into the e-signature future.

We create software for Mac and Windows. And like most businesses – There's always a great opportunity t to benefit together with partners in the same niche or so. We either sell our software in bundles or directly with partners who sell similar apps. In the end – to make sure both ends comply and execute everything as planned (or know the consequences), we create an agreement with terms that all parties have to agree on. We use DocuSign to send these agreements to partners for review and signatures & Vice versa.

DocuSign review by User in Internet

"DocuSign - Essential Application for Sales People"

What do you like best?

- Digitally Craft, Curate, and Execute documents from anywhere in the world

- e-signature is no longer a nice to have, it's a must have for fast and efficient sales teams

- Eliminate paper waste

- Real-time updates of signer journey

- Great mobile App

- My top application as a sales person, next to my phone, email, and CRM

What do you dislike?

- DocuSign isn't cheap, but neither is your sales team. Have your sales team spend more time selling and less time creating and chasing contracts with DocuSign's e-signature solution

- Time your sales people gain from not chasing manual contracts should more than pay for itself

Recommendations to others considering the product

Companies not leveraging DocuSign are putting themselves at a significant disadvantage. Stop wasting time with manual contracts and empower your sales team to quickly create, manage, and execute contracts. I highly recommend Docusign's Salesforce integration.

DocuSign isn't cheap, but neither is the time of your sales team. Get them to spend more time selling and less time managing contracts by leveraging DocuSign.

Your company looks like a dinosaur in the eyes of a prospect if you're not leveraging e-signature

I've used DocuSign at 3 companies. I can't imagine being in sales and not using DocuSign. I still can't believe some companies don't leverage e-signature.

DocuSign review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"DocuSign Review"

What do you like best?

One of the best parts about DocuSign is the ease of creating and signing documents, their Drag and Drop editor for initials and signatures is extremely handy.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue with DocuSign is that there is no way to edit a document. For example: Say you go through your document and place all the initial and signature areas, then as you're going through you notice that one is missing. There's no way to edit or fix it before sending it on to the client!

This isn't an issue for enterprise customers but for us that have the smaller plans, that's one of our limited amount of contracts wasted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to read all of your contracts carefully while placing signature boxes, don't miss one because you'll have to start over and resend the contract.

DocuSign replaces the need for emailing contracts, printing them, signing, and re-scanning them. It also remedies the need to send multiple copies of contracts back and forth.

DocuSign review by Courtney D.
Courtney D.

"DocuSign Makes Signatures Painless"

What do you like best?

DocuSign has saved so much time for businesses everywhere. They've made it seamless to send and receive signed documents, saving so much time. It's very convenient for me to be able to initiate the signing process, especially for NDA's, via email rather than in person. Being a tech company, everything we do is online, so it would add a level of non-synchronicity to our business if this process wasn't available to us via electronics.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a bit tedious to figure out a new format when creating it on ones' own. Other than that, I don't really have any complaints. It seems like everything works really well, and it is for the most part, very user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to use for businesses, and especially for entrepreneurs or those with their own business.

The best way that this application has helped our business is saving tons of time and effort. It's so much more user-friendly to be able to just send something over electronically, rather than having to waste time and effort meeting with a person, printing a document, and making sure it gets signed. One other benefit is the ability to save paper and ink with not having to print anything out in order to get signatures. We would like to leave as small a footprint as possible, and not having to print out a huge packet for someone to review helps us achieve this.

DocuSign review by Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.

"No more paper!"

What do you like best?

Docusign has been an easy system for us to use in the office. From across the hall we can get contracts signed by multiple people in a matter of minutes - and have an electronic record.

What do you dislike?

I love free programs - Docusign isn't free (and it shouldn't be), but the cost may be a little higher than I'd like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many programs out there that do the same thing as DocuSign - and I assume there are free programs as well. I would have loved to learn how to use Adobe DC for this purpose because it's a multi-functional tool (all the fun PDF modifying tools - along with electronic signatures).

Overall - our company has been happy with DocuSign though - we have a lot less filing cabinets in the office!

We don't have to print contracts, have one person sign, mail to another for a signature, and wait for the final copy to return. It's wonderful!

DocuSign review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Can sales get any easier?"

What do you like best?

As an insurance agent, one of the worst things on the planet is having to chase down an insured for their signature. For a reasonable cost, I can email any document, any time from anywhere to a client and have a form signed at the click of a button. And nearly everyone has access to email on a device these days so very rarely do I run into a situation when this product can't be used.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. It's user friendly, fairly priced and so convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully integrates with our agency management system, which is AMS360.

As I said in the "what do you like best" section, this has made my life so much easier. I'm saving time, money and frustration nearly every single day using DocuSign.

DocuSign review by Russ M.
Russ M.

"Life Sciences Usage"

What do you like best?

Great sales response and customer service. Their team was very engaged and willing to listen to our needs. Actual GUI was somewhat dated however, and not easy to move from Admin to User role, but was uncluttered and pretty efficient. Performance was better than other solutions that we evaluated

What do you dislike?

The 21 CFR 11 module may be compliant via their validation team/partners, but lacked some controls on users (printed name, etc.) that we would have liked to see. We are still considering using DocuSign, but may have to institute additional procedural controls for our use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that DocuSign will move in the right direction in the Life Sciences area if they choose to integrate the Part 11 module and allow users to customize their signature control more.

As a contract research organization (CRO), we were able to start using compliant e-signatures in our work flows.

DocuSign review by Jin P.
Jin P.

"Answer to all online form signatures"

What do you like best?

The best part about Docusign is how easy it is to set up templates for new documents and how it standardizes how my company does it's contract signatures etc.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike for me personally is that it logs you out quite frequently and have to log in again. But that is for security so I can't really complain about that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are also looking to standardize the way contracts are signed this is a product I highly recommend. There are many features that you can utilize to make the process even easier.

The largest business problem we solved was standardizing our way of sending contracts for signatures within the company. This allows for both us and our customers an easy and paper free method of signing contracts.

DocuSign review by Gasia B.
Gasia B.

"Excellent Document Signing Utility"

What do you like best?

What I found great about this utility is that it is so simple to use. The first time you use it, you set up a signature unique and likable to you. Then every time you log in, you can just click on the places to sign and it automatically signs in your chosen signature style.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything I disliked, except a minor peeve was that the software times out very quickly, so you have to log in again to be able to print a hard copy of the document you just signed. However, I do understand it is for security reasons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The first time you use it, take your time and pick a signature you like to ensure you always want to sign in that manner. Also, take your time to explore the document and choose to print right away rather than waiting. It helps to ensure the document sign in doesn't time out.

Honestly, the biggest issue that DocuSign solves is the fact that we all have busy lives and cannot physically be at a specific location to sign a document. With DocuSign, you can be anywhere in the world and sign an important document and ensure that the process does not get delayed. The biggest benefit I realized was when I purchased my first home recently. Having the previous owner and myself living hours apart, having DocuSign allowed us to sign in the comfort of our home and allow the processing of our loan docs to go smoothly and quickly.

DocuSign review by William L.
William L.

"A convenient signing option that can actually transform some businesses"

What do you like best?

DocuSign is a secure and easy to use e-signature product that saves us time and allows us to provide a modern and convenient signing option to our customers. Using it is not complicated on either end. The customer typically can open a document and understand what needs to be done to sign it with any special instructions. It makes us look more professional and saves us from processing more paperwork and scanning and emailing.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about DocuSign. Even if it had half as many capabilities, I'd probably still find it worth while to use. Anything that can cut down paperwork and time is a great asset to our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy solution for document signing that doesn't take long to get started, DocuSign is popular and trusted choice you should definitely check out. If getting documents signed in a timely fashion is critical to your business, this can really give your business a boost, and even transform it.

We can ensure that documents are filled out properly since the document can automatically warn signers when certain fields aren't completed. We can get contracts signed more swiftly and with less errors. The automated features help us to ensure documents are complete and saves us from back and forth issues with clients.

DocuSign review by Administrator

"Limited signature options, but honest phone support"

What do you like best?

Easy to import documents and create templates for signature.

Perhaps the best feature of DocuSign is their phone support. It is extremely easy to reach a human being on the phone in less than 5 minutes. Once you have someone on the phone, the odds are very good that they will be able to give you pertinent and helpful advice.

It is extremely easy to edit and correct documents once they have been sent out for signature.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy (or intuitive) to be able to share your templates with other team members.

Also, DocuSign is not the ideal software if you are anticipating more than 100 documents a year, or need more than 1 person to administrate, as the plans can get pricey if you are going to process a lot of documents and have a few admins. This point is not made very clear when you first sign up to use docusign for your business.

Although it is easy to edit and correct forms once they have been sent out, the recipient does not automatically receive an update.

Finally, it can be difficult to figure out how to have 2 individuals sign 1 document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a great service to use unless you have less than 100 documents a year that need signing.

I used DocuSign to collect signatures on legal paperwork from clients and participants.

DocuSign review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Streamlines our click-through terms of use agreement"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can just share a web URL with prospective clients to protect our IP during their free trial. This feature has saved me countless hours of logging in and creating new contracts for each potential client. Also, it reflects well on us as a company that our discovery and onboarding phase is so well automated. Clients appreciate that we've put so much thought into minimizing the lag time involved in granting access to our software demos.

What do you dislike?

Initially, I found it confusing in dealing with templates vs. new contracts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Companies dealing with higher volumes of contracts will realize even greater benefits than I have.

Major time savings. I'm able to automate the process of having new clients click through our terms of use agreement.

DocuSign review by Laurie D.
Laurie D.

"Essential for our industry "

What do you like best?

Our agents love the integration offered with a real estate software called Ziplogix and the ability to use it on any device. Our clients like the fact that it is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

With integration, there can be problems. Docusign requires reauthorization, however this ends up being a denial of access when going through the 3rd party software. The only way to solve it is to completely delete the information and then re-save it. When time is of the essence this becomes a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having more templates/training on templates for ease of use. We almost never use it, outside of Zipforms for this reason. Also, if you are integrating with ZipForm Plus, have a script for your helpdesk for when the integration breaks. The person using will suddenly get an Invalid Credentials error. This happens regularly for us. The problem isn't invalid credentials, they simply need to be erased / saved / re-entered.

This product enables us to do contract work with clients in different cities as well as keep all the documents in electronic format.

DocuSign review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Using DocuSign For Internet Based Business"

What do you like best?

In doing market research and business background reports I am generally in ownership of the private or sensitive information of other companies. I have worked with everyone from banks to government agencies to pizza shops. Because of this I am often under confidentiality agreements. DocuSign has excellent features allowing me to limit which documents are seen by which individuals, even when multiple recipients are included.

Also, I run an entirely internet based company. Each employee works from his or her own space often many miles away. This makes the simple task of a legal ink to paper signature a hassle. DocuSign has clearly cut the time and stress required to get a quick signature in the digital world.

What do you dislike?

The downside to DocuSign is price. I have a relatively small business. At $300 for a 12 month subscription, I find this expensive for a convenience software. While I enjoy it; It is not necessarily integral to my business. I have seen others, such as Hellosign, with lower price points. Still some offer pay as you go plans, which may be a better deal for the intermittent user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend DocuSign to any company requesting more than 10 digital signatures a month.

The largest business problem solved for me is the simple signature. Like many new businesses, I am not some retail shop with a brick and mortar location. Getting signatures used to be a hassle... blurry fax, snail mail, driving. DocuSign is easy and I trust it’s security to get a legally binding signature from San Diego to Boston in seconds.

DocuSign review by User in Financial Services

"Makes my job easier"

What do you like best?

Eliminates the need for faxing to keep information secure. My company has high security standards, and without this software, we would have to send encrypted emails with passwords, and print documents to sign and scan or fax. This saves time and paper

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I need to edit, I don't want to send a notification about it letting everyone know I messed up, not sure if I have that option. Also, working with some older people, its tough to get them to adopt this process, sometimes they still print things out and sign them when I send envelopes through docusign

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice because you can use it to store documents once they are signed, and go back to them later. It has a singing order feature that is nice if you have multiple parties involved, ie on a contract. If you aren't able to use Google Drive at work due to compliance, like me, this is a nice alternative for collaborating on documents

Sending credit card authorizations and contracts without having to password protect emails. It saves me time I would have spent giving credit card info over the phone, or worse, playing phone tag to avoid leaving numbers on a voicemail machine.

DocuSign review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"Seamless digital signatures"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for both the sender and the signer is the number-one benefit for us. Among the features that stand out are integration with Salesforce and related third party applications (for example, Conga Composer) and auto-tagging (automatically placing signature and other fields in documents).

What do you dislike?

There's nothing about the e-signature product that I don't like. That said, I often find myself wishing that DocuSign would provide a more comprehensive solution for digital transaction management, from document creation and negotiation to post-signature management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For most B2B software companies, the Standard plan is probably all you need. Every once in a while I find myself wishing we had access to a Business Pro feature, such as signing groups, but it doesn't justify the 60% list price premium.

Essentially every Smartling document that requires a signature flows through DocuSign. That includes customer ordering documents, data processing agreements, confidentiality agreements, contractor agreements, offer letters and employment contracts, and more. Across the board, DocuSign has made it faster and easier to manage these signature processes.

DocuSign review by Administrator

"DocuSign"

What do you like best?

I love the convince that this program has to offer. Clients can receive documents anywhere. Clients have the ability to sign on the go, which keeps our process rolling. There is no wait time!

What do you dislike?

I would like to see an feature that can be used that when a client is filling out information and it does not apply to them that they can leave blank and continue moving on. As it sits now the client cant move on and unless they know to place an N/A or XXX they always call because they are stuck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DocuSign has been a great tool for us. It was super easy to customize the initial set up and make changes where needed. WE don't have to wait for out documents and it is secure.

The documents are sent and signed on the go. No longer do we wait for them to come in office or to be mailed.

DocuSign review by Derek L.
Derek L.

"A Great Way to Get Outstanding Contracts Signed"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to navigate the site. DocuSign has a nice design that flows very naturally. And it is easy to see what has been and needs to get done.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit cumbersome to do batch work on contracts. There are some methods of automating signature placement, but it can be a bit time-consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tool around the Sandbox site. That offers you an opportunity to use a largely live version of the product, to test how to use it for your needs.

Our company was struggling to get some customers to sign old contracts. DocuSign finally offered a perfect solution for us to make it easy for customers to sign and get contracts back to us.

DocuSign review by Ian R.
Ian R.

"Gets deals completed MUCH faster!!!"

What do you like best?

In these times where many of us are so busy, getting back to the computer to print, sign/initial, scan and email back is often an arduous task with everything else we have going on. DocuSign has afforded me the ability to transact whether im on the go, or working from home. Excellent product that needs little direction!

What do you dislike?

I honestly wish there were a "dislike-oriented" statement to offer!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for it! It's a bit more costly than their competitors, but it's also more widely accepted, complete with a time/date stamp, etc.

Ability to conduct business from anywhere so long as i have my phone and a

WiFi signal!

DocuSign review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Excellent for On-the-Go Professionals"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is the fact that you can go on ahead and sign documents right on your smartphone and also save basic data such as company name and signature to place on documents. Makes it very quick, easy, and efficient to use and email out securely.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that I used a sending out signature by mistake and wrote to DocuSign about it and they never returned it back to be able to use since you only get 5.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a MUST if you want to get things done right away and not have to be in front of a computer or fax machine to send and receive documents which needs a signature as well! You can write on the form which makes it very cost-effective and time saving.

I am saving efficiency. I do not have to be next to a computer nor fax machine to receive and send documents. Before this document, I had to search for someone with a fax but not anymore. If a document needs my signature, I don't have to wait to go somewhere to print it off. I just download it on my phone, open up the app, and just load it to DocuSign and attach my saved signature and send it off right away! How amazing is that?

Learn more about DocuSign

DocuSign Videos

Learning about DocuSign?

* We monitor all DocuSign reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(1,107)