Donately

Donately brings a decade of non-profit and campaigning experience into a set of online tools for fundraising & donor management that helps an organizations to make big impact with the least amount of time and expenses.

Work for Donately?

Showing 28 Donately reviews
Donately review by <span>Hannah H.</span>
Hannah H.

Making My Job Easy

What do you like best?

For someone that is not very "tech-y" like me, this made my job easy. It is extremely user friendly and donor friendly as well.

What do you dislike?

It is a bummer that donat.ly doesn't have paypal integration yet. If they did, there would be nothing better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! I did a ton of research before I final made the choice to use this platform and honestly there is nothing better on the market if you are running a small business.

I work for a small nonprofit and we struggled to find a donation platform that would work for our size and not cost an arm and a leg- thank goodness we found this! I realized by having a streamline platform, I am able to have more effective communication with donors and up to the minute reports financially.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Donately
Donately review by <span>Edward P.</span>
Edward P.

Donately was a great service for us in the beginning

What do you like best?

I loved that donate.ly did not charge a subscription fee of any sort to use their software. This made it much easier to use them and not feel the impact of the transaction fees.

What do you dislike?

I did not like their customization tools. Their P2P fundraising service weren't not the best either. And, you had to use open API to connect with Salesforce - not easy.

We were able to collect donations through beautiful donation pages.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

Donately review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Donate.ly is a work in progress (but the future looks really bright for this platform)

What do you like best?

Donate.ly provides the basic functionality of an online giving platform without all the set-up and monthly fees that you see with many other platforms. They offer a flexible payment plan of 1%, 2%, or 3% taken from donations (which can be lowered with a one-time fee). This fits our organization's online giving goals and keeps our costs down. Also, their partnership with Stripe ensures that we have low credit card fees and can accept international credit cards. Their support team is very good at getting back to us when we have questions and providing hands-on support when we need to troubleshoot.

What do you dislike?

Donate.ly is definitely still in development mode. There isn't a lot of built-in functionality or customization, which means we've had to use our developer to augment some of the form codes to get the branding and functionality on point. The integration with Salesforce is not a seamless process, but is a connection via zapier and takes some technical oversight to get this working just right (especially if you have a complex Salesforce database).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adopt Donate.ly if you want a system that flexible (but takes some backend work). If you're trying to cobble together systems to lower your cost instead of paying a lot for an all-in one solution, then Donate.ly is a good match. Our cobbling together has given us a multiple check system, which is great to understanding if part of the system isn't working. In this same vein, if one aspect of our system (Donate.ly --> Salesforce --> Marketing Cloud) isn't working it doesn't mean the whole system falls apart. Usually, we are able to isolate it and troubleshoot without losing full functionality. However, again, this does take some more backend work than other systems.

After coming off of a very costly platform, we are pleased to keep our costs down with Donate.ly (even though it might take some more backend work than the other platform). We also appreciate that Donate.ly has plans for expansion and upgrades in the future and look forward to seeing that happen.

Donately review by Consultant in Aviation & Aerospace
Consultant in Aviation & Aerospace
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

It gets the job done, simple, not very intuitive UI, Developer friendly

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is in nature. There are only a couple pages of actions. The forms are very simple to embed. It gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

The pages, navigations and affordances are not the most intuitive. I feel that this might have been designed by developers or for developers versus your typical end user- which very well might be the customer base.I feel that more of the trendy dashboard style UI, would cater better towards users.

It took a while to realize what all features were available.

I wish you could delete campaigns.

I wish the code for the campaign pages was further extendable. It seems a bit limited to what is excepted when saving custom code. Full freedom here would help a lot.

The ability to consolidate and simplify funding via a payment solution. We have been able to raise more funds and have a clearer view of that.

Donately review by <span>Edward A.</span>
Edward A.

Great tool!

What do you like best?

What I like best about it is that especially for our members who aren't tech savvy there platform is simple and straightforward. We can create customizable donation forms. These forms can be embedded on websites and other digital properties to start maximizing online donations.

What do you dislike?

This is really a criticism but some specialization seems to be lacking in an attempt to make it user-friendly for many users, but this is a very small issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very worth the investment to anyone that needs to but doesn't like or even want to fundraise

It has allowed us to diversify in our fundraising efforts and gotten more people in our organization involved

Donately review by <span>Jason L.</span>
Jason L.

Couldn't ask for better customer service

What do you like best?

Team is extremely responsive to questions and requests for features. CTO Bryan helped me set up a Zapier integration so that we can integrate more effectively with our CRM.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a developer, so I had a couple of challenges with the styling of our donation form once it was embedded. But, again, CTO Bryan was a huge help and made sure I got it all working right.

We're a startup nonprofit that challenges counterproductive ideas about charity in an effort to accelerate social change. We're working to build our revenue stream through recurring monthly donations. Donate.ly has been a great tool for us and it integrates much better with our CRM.

Learning about Donately?

* We monitor all Donately reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Donately to Similar Solutions