Donately

Donately brings a decade of non-profit and campaigning experience into a set of online tools for fundraising & donor management that helps an organizations to make big impact with the least amount of time and expenses.

Work for Donately?

Learning about Donately?

Compare Donately to Similar Solutions

Donately Reviews

Ask Donately a Question
Showing 28 Donately reviews
Donately review by Hannah H.
Hannah H.

"Making My Job Easy"

What do you like best?

For someone that is not very "tech-y" like me, this made my job easy. It is extremely user friendly and donor friendly as well.

What do you dislike?

It is a bummer that donat.ly doesn't have paypal integration yet. If they did, there would be nothing better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! I did a ton of research before I final made the choice to use this platform and honestly there is nothing better on the market if you are running a small business.

I work for a small nonprofit and we struggled to find a donation platform that would work for our size and not cost an arm and a leg- thank goodness we found this! I realized by having a streamline platform, I am able to have more effective communication with donors and up to the minute reports financially.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Donately
Donately review by Edward P.
Edward P.

"Donately was a great service for us in the beginning"

What do you like best?

I loved that donate.ly did not charge a subscription fee of any sort to use their software. This made it much easier to use them and not feel the impact of the transaction fees.

What do you dislike?

I did not like their customization tools. Their P2P fundraising service weren't not the best either. And, you had to use open API to connect with Salesforce - not easy.

We were able to collect donations through beautiful donation pages.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Donate.ly is a work in progress (but the future looks really bright for this platform)"

What do you like best?

Donate.ly provides the basic functionality of an online giving platform without all the set-up and monthly fees that you see with many other platforms. They offer a flexible payment plan of 1%, 2%, or 3% taken from donations (which can be lowered with a one-time fee). This fits our organization's online giving goals and keeps our costs down. Also, their partnership with Stripe ensures that we have low credit card fees and can accept international credit cards. Their support team is very good at getting back to us when we have questions and providing hands-on support when we need to troubleshoot.

What do you dislike?

Donate.ly is definitely still in development mode. There isn't a lot of built-in functionality or customization, which means we've had to use our developer to augment some of the form codes to get the branding and functionality on point. The integration with Salesforce is not a seamless process, but is a connection via zapier and takes some technical oversight to get this working just right (especially if you have a complex Salesforce database).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adopt Donate.ly if you want a system that flexible (but takes some backend work). If you're trying to cobble together systems to lower your cost instead of paying a lot for an all-in one solution, then Donate.ly is a good match. Our cobbling together has given us a multiple check system, which is great to understanding if part of the system isn't working. In this same vein, if one aspect of our system (Donate.ly --> Salesforce --> Marketing Cloud) isn't working it doesn't mean the whole system falls apart. Usually, we are able to isolate it and troubleshoot without losing full functionality. However, again, this does take some more backend work than other systems.

After coming off of a very costly platform, we are pleased to keep our costs down with Donate.ly (even though it might take some more backend work than the other platform). We also appreciate that Donate.ly has plans for expansion and upgrades in the future and look forward to seeing that happen.

Donately review by Consultant in Aviation & Aerospace
Consultant in Aviation & Aerospace

"It gets the job done, simple, not very intuitive UI, Developer friendly "

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is in nature. There are only a couple pages of actions. The forms are very simple to embed. It gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

The pages, navigations and affordances are not the most intuitive. I feel that this might have been designed by developers or for developers versus your typical end user- which very well might be the customer base.I feel that more of the trendy dashboard style UI, would cater better towards users.

It took a while to realize what all features were available.

I wish you could delete campaigns.

I wish the code for the campaign pages was further extendable. It seems a bit limited to what is excepted when saving custom code. Full freedom here would help a lot.

The ability to consolidate and simplify funding via a payment solution. We have been able to raise more funds and have a clearer view of that.

Donately review by Ed A.
Ed A.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about it is that especially for our members who aren't tech savvy there platform is simple and straightforward. We can create customizable donation forms. These forms can be embedded on websites and other digital properties to start maximizing online donations.

What do you dislike?

This is really a criticism but some specialization seems to be lacking in an attempt to make it user-friendly for many users, but this is a very small issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very worth the investment to anyone that needs to but doesn't like or even want to fundraise

It has allowed us to diversify in our fundraising efforts and gotten more people in our organization involved

Donately review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Couldn't ask for better customer service"

What do you like best?

Team is extremely responsive to questions and requests for features. CTO Bryan helped me set up a Zapier integration so that we can integrate more effectively with our CRM.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a developer, so I had a couple of challenges with the styling of our donation form once it was embedded. But, again, CTO Bryan was a huge help and made sure I got it all working right.

We're a startup nonprofit that challenges counterproductive ideas about charity in an effort to accelerate social change. We're working to build our revenue stream through recurring monthly donations. Donate.ly has been a great tool for us and it integrates much better with our CRM.

Donately review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"What a great website for non-profit organizations!"

What do you like best?

They keep improving their website. It has become even easier for donors to update their credit cards or other information. As a person in charge of a small non-profit, Donately has been a Godsend for me. I am able to receive donations quickly and efficiently at a very small price. I highly recommend this website! The administrative costs are low and straight forward. The staff is incredibly helpful when ever I have had a question or concern. They get back to me promptly.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints before it was a bit tricky for my donors to figure out how to update their credit card info, but as I stated before, they have fixed that to make it much easier for donors to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest anyone starting a non-profit. This is a great way to collect funds.

I am using Donately for a non-profit I started to help a school in Guatemala. It has helped me arrange sponsorships for the students.

Donately review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"Perfect Fundraising Solution"

What do you like best?

It looks good on my website and is easy for our donors to use.

What do you dislike?

I would like the product to allow our donors to stop their recurring donations at a specified time in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, great support, easy to use and totally hands off after setup. It integrates fine with any web platform and will look as though it's specific to the website, unlike some other third-party options.

A streamlined option to allow online donations through out website. Funds are transferred quickly and totally hands-free after a donation has been made. The benefit it time and energy saved!

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great design and great prices!"

What do you like best?

We compared at least a dozen different crowdfunding platforms - what stuck out to us about Donate.ly was their simple design, great user interface, and their great prices. For us - a small nonprofit that has to count every penny - their fee structure was the best option that we could find. We have been thrilled with it.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that we dislike - we would love it if our users could pay with PayPal - I can't remember if this is an option and simply costs more - or if it is not an option.

We connect travelers with international volunteering opportunities, and we help nonprofit organizations to host international volunteers. The benefit of Donate.ly is that it helps our volunteers to raise donations for the organizations where they will be volunteering.

Donately review by Donna M.
Donna M.

"A very unique of tool' very helpful for my goal!"

What do you like best?

This type of communication is what myself and members in my group can get out and aboyt too all of our Friends & Fans Thanks!

Fundraising is what we do!

What do you dislike?

I hot that much on complaining; if its no need or no use; Im ok with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a neat start' not complicated at all" somthing pretty simple, just what i like.

It may not be what everone wants or need, but somewhere' someone is going too appreciated it' sooner or later.

I can use it for myself.

Donately review by Savannah H.
Savannah H.

"Great Resource for Fundraising"

What do you like best?

The simple interface and how easy it is to maneuver around the site once you're familiar with it.

What do you dislike?

You have to click around a lot to do simple things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of Apple's core rules is that you shouldn't have to click more than once or twice to get where you want to go. Maybe try making things more user-friendly from the get go. It can be kind of overwhelming for people who haven't used it before.

Organizing donations and having a clean overview.

Donately review by Kaitlyn K.
Kaitlyn K.

"Non-Profit"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly it is and I also appreciate how easy it is to get help if I don't know how to do something. Always quick and friendly!

What do you dislike?

I wish that I didn't have to use donate.ly and stripe I wish they could just be one platform. However the integration of the two is very seamless.

I'm trying to find a basic user interface to help with my non-profit and to make donors life as simple as possible.

Donately review by Rodney S.
Rodney S.

"Attractive Website, Fees were Higher than Expected"

What do you like best?

The website was easy to use and very attractive for donors to interact.

What do you dislike?

It was not clear to me that the fee for using the Donate.ly platform was in addition to the Stripe payment processing.

Second, even off-line donations (cash I received in the mail) incurred a platform charge from Donate.ly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand the fees. They are not too different from others in the same industry.

Raising donations for non-profit work.

"Great"

What do you like best?

So minimal and simple, it's great to build our own "branding" with it. The low processing fees are great too.

What do you dislike?

A little hard for someone without coding/development experience to build something with it. I had to hire a consultant to build something that we could use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to know how to code to make the most of it.

This was a pilot use to see if we could bring donors to join our cause and we briefly switched to another system since it was easier to setup for noobs like me who can't code, but now with a consultant we've been able to do a better job of using donately.

Donately review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"A really great and easy way to set up donations"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup and user interface. It's really easy for users to navigate the system and really easy for the non-profit to receive the money.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that comes to mind. It's really straightforward and obviously well thought out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might not have the recognition of GoFundMe, but it's interface is far superior.

Setting a quick and easy way for a non-profit with little money to accept donations on their website.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Admin of a custom Donately implementation"

What do you like best?

Clean and simple design

Open tech and customer support team -- they really want to make your implementation work. They've done quite a few custom items for us and helped us work with their API

What do you dislike?

While we've had a great experience customizing Donately for us, there are some other features we'd like to modify but it's not easy to get this done since it would affect other users. So, nothing big - just the basic downfall of a shared platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer service - very helpful team that is willing to make it work for your implementation.

Able to engage our network in peer-to-peer fundraising. Easy and simple for people to create fundraisers.

Donately review by Dallas S.
Dallas S.

"Great"

What do you like best?

Easy to work with and great team - easy to get a hold of for support.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more capabilities to enhance and integration with Salesforce

We have not realized any negatives really except the integration with Salesforce does not exist. But we are providing a land page for donors to give to causes that they have an interest in

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great software for all of your needs and doesn't break the bank!"

What do you like best?

Fulfills many critical functions that you need from coordinating and sorting mailing lists, to tracking donations, to mail merging and sending out newsletters.

What do you dislike?

We have tested many other software programs, and this one was our choice by far. I have no complaints or dislikes at this time.

We needed more than an excel sheet to track our donors and to communicate with them. We realized that the excel sheet had limited capacity and began to search for a software that could help us do our fundraising more effectively and efficiently.

Donately review by David H.
David H.

"I LOVE Donately! "

What do you like best?

It's simple to use and blends seamlessly into my website.

What do you dislike?

I pretty much like everything on Donately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use them with extreme confidence. Their simplicity is their power!

We've needed to embed donate buttons in multiple locations on our site without needing separate SSL certificates.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Helpful but could use more exposure"

What do you like best?

Our organization very much appreciates every donation and Donately helps

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot of exposure to donately toward the general public. The fees on top of credit card processing fees can be limiting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will ease the process of making donation connections online.

As a non-profit our major problems has been achieving revenue sources outside of program income. We need donations to continue our operations and those can be difficult to come by.

Donately review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Great for non-profits"

What do you like best?

Their website is easy to use. We are able to receive donations quickly without any kind of problem.

What do you dislike?

Have yet to run into any major issues. Another platform has given us quite a headache, but so far donate.ly has been a breeze!

Donate.ly makes it easy for our donors and supporters (and really anyone who's curious about us) to give. They then make it easy for us to receive the funds.

Donately review by Max G.
Max G.

"Easy to use and effective"

What do you like best?

Donately makes it easy to have donations straight to my bank account.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a Facebook plug-in.

It's easy to receive credit card donations without paying for an expensive service.

Donately review by Natalie D.
Natalie D.

"Donation portal"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, nice interface. Recurring donation is nice feature.

What do you dislike?

Customization is lacking. Need a way to change the form - NEED TRIBUTE AND IN HONOR OF OPTIONS.

n/a

Donately review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Best donation button out and interface on the market!"

What do you like best?

Not only does the Donate.ly button look great on a website but it is extremely easy to use as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like there to be a bit more customization!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a donation option on your website I assure you there is no better product on the market.

Professional appearance and ease of use!

Donately review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Donately fundraising experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand dashboard that shows donations and ability to use stripe to process payments

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to customize the look of the fundraising page without custom code

We are a nonprofit organization that provides entrepreneur and business education to young adults with developmental disabilities. We use Donate.ly to raise funds for our organization on occasion.

Donately review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Great App And Support!"

What do you like best?

Easy Plug and Play Options! The tech support is awesome as well.

What do you dislike?

Not much, but I would like better pricing options but the value is tremendous so I don't think there is much too complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great support team.

The ability to receive donations very easily.

Donately review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to use solution to take credit cards from mobile devices"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation in getting a online form to take cards that looks nice

What do you dislike?

No issues so far but keep the customization philosophy going

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy way to accept payment for credit cards on mobile

Helping increase user satisfaction with an easy to load solution for mobile

Donately review by Beth R.
Beth R.

"Big help to our organization"

What do you like best?

They help us keep up with our donors and donations.

What do you dislike?

Not enough flexibility in the online forms.

Keeping up with our donors.

Learning about Donately?

* We monitor all Donately reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Donately to Similar Solutions