DonorPerfect

DonorPerfect

DonorPerfect is a donor management and fundraising system that allows nonprofit organizations track stewards, record gifts, and maintain contacts through a web-based user interface.

Work for DonorPerfect?

Learning about DonorPerfect?

DonorPerfect Reviews

Ask DonorPerfect a Question
Showing 164 DonorPerfect reviews
DonorPerfect review by Hillary P.
Hillary P.

"Awesome customer service and easy to use software"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy to use the program is. Adding and editing donors profiles is very quick and simple. The live customer service representatives are very quick to respond and very helpful. I like how a gift can be made immediately and it is instantly linked with the profile. Sending tax receipts right from the website makes tax season a breeze

What do you dislike?

At times it can be tricky to figure out how to find something-like how to update codes. I also had trouble exporting my letter receipts to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolute must to keep track of fundraisers! Very easy for donors to get automatic tax receipts, and the program should be used by all non-profit organizations

Issuing tax receipts have become much easier to manage. Creating end of year reports to see who has donated was very difficult until I began using donor perfect

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DonorPerfect
DonorPerfect review by Ember U.
Ember U.

"Learning Curve, but a helpful tool for nonprofits big and small"

What do you like best?

I like being able to track donations, and maintain different campaigns, and even trainings we collect fees from. It's helpful to bridge our training department and financial staff together.

What do you dislike?

There can be a relatively steep learning curve. We've been able to be successful with the help of DonorPerfect's customer service and tech support, but you have to reach out for help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that your staff is comfortable learning how to use new software and comfortable reaching out for help. Everything you need is available, you just have to willing to ask the customer service/tech support staff. This is a very helpful system that can streamline payment, donation, and donor management all in one. We've used it at events, for campaigns, and as a part of our regular donation strategy. This software is helpful for organizations big and small and enables multiple users for custom dashboards, home pages, and report generation for your specific needs.

DonorPerfect has helped us streamline online registration for training and fundraising events, while managing the payment aspect as well, so we don't have to direct donors to two different applications or websites to fulfill their donation/registration.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

DonorPerfect review by Anne M.
Anne M.

"Donor Perfect Is!"

What do you like best?

We’re a small development shop, aka one person.

What do you dislike?

When chat has to refer me back to knowledgebase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think DonorPerfect is the perfect software for entering, managing, and analyzing donor data, and for projecting next steps. I speak from the perspective of a small shop, one person, and while this was new software for me, it was easy to learn, and to use. I have used three other major softwares, none as easy as this, but that is not to say it is not powerful. It is! And I think it will be as powerful for a small shop like our or a way bigger shop. The customer service is excellent, the resources readily available and very user friendly. I've been to one conference, and I'll attend another when I am ready for the next level of learning.

How to analyze current and past donors and gifts, and using that information to project next best steps, both short term and long term. I have realized that while I love data, I hate data entry. But we're a one person shop, so it all falls on my desk. DonorPerfect makes it easy to be on my own, because I never feel alone. The answers, in one form or another, are quickly and easily at my fingertips. Which is Perfect because I am at my computer a lot. However, the smarter I get re: analysis and plans, the more I'll be out meeting donors. The board here is not traditionally a well formed fundraising board, but as that evolves, and it is, teachng addt'l users how to be part of the DonorPerfect team wil go smoothly.

DonorPerfect review by Donna G.
Donna G.

"Great product; great tech support!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Donor Perfect for many, many years and have no plans to switch to something else. The software is well designed, and fairly intuitive. In my opinion, the very best thing about this company is their tech support team! They are really well trained and helpful. There has never been an issue where I could not get the help I needed to accomplish my goal. Chat support is a relatively new addition that is also very helpful for the quick questions.

What do you dislike?

Occassionally there are design issues that require cumbersome work-arounds.

I am the manager of the fundraising department of this private school and am the primary user for reporting on our donors. Being able to easily produce reports on our fundraising efforts and the specific success of our individual fund raisers is very important.

DonorPerfect review by russ c.
russ c.

"Very responsive to customer needs"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect continually asks for and clearly listens to customer feedback. When the client support person does not know the answer to my questions, they reach out to the appropriate department to get an answer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the time it takes to get something changed is frustrating. But they are obviously dealing with the needs of thousands of clients, not just me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have good support, and they listen to the needs of clients. The product is made for non-profits, so we are not neglected

I work for a non-profit which serves the needs of people working to better their lives. DonorPerfect helps us reach out to and monitor contact with individuals, companies, foundations, and governmental agencies which help us in this mission.

DonorPerfect review by Aliyah N.
Aliyah N.

"I'm required to handle things on DonorPerfect everyday. I've had a really good experience with it."

What do you like best?

What I like best about DonorPerfect is the program's awesome helpline. The people and employees behind the program are so skilled, patient, and helpful. They have made my experience with DP easy.

What do you dislike?

With anything new that you try, you have to figure out how it works. My dislike isn't really anything negative about DP, it's more so that I had to learn the system before it became easy for me to use. At first I was really confused, but that's because I didn't know or understand what I was doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Donations are a big part of non-profit organizations. I like how the DP system can easily keep track and calculate the funds received from each individual campaign or solicitation.

DonorPerfect review by Traci C.
Traci C.

"DonorPerfect has been a great tool and the support you receive is fabulous!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the mobile app and the support given.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any "dislikes". We are fairly new to the DonorPerfect family...but so far, so good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend DonorPerfect. As a smaller non-profit, we are learning and growing and the options offered by DonorPerfect and the support they provide is wonderful.

The way DonorPerfect works makes my job as a fundraiser so much easier. I don't personally use DonorPerfect a lot...my data entry staff uses it everyday. I use the mobile app as I am on the road making donor visits. Our Data Entry employee continues to learn new ways to use the software which makes our program work better. We have been very pleased with the switch to DonorPerfect.

DonorPerfect review by Tamera R.
Tamera R.

"Donor Perfect is Great"

What do you like best?

Highly customizable, easy to use, integration to mobile & social media, formulaic fields, moves mgmt system is very good.

What do you dislike?

Reports are not yet as easy to use as they intend - every update improves them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DonorPerfect has been ahead of the industry at every turn for more than two decades. First with a great mobile ap, first to integrate to social media, first to upgrade to Constant Contact, first to be highly customizable. Incredible support, from US based staff who are users - they know how the system is used and they know how to help you. Flat monthly pricing includes everything, no hidden costs. And the owner is determined to not sell-out to Blackbaud.

Moves management is incredibly easy to use, and will help us manage our capital campaign project. The formulaic fields that the user can design and add are incredibly useful. Ease of use is remarkable, and will lead to fewer errors and misuses. Great mobile ap, great integration to social media. Fast responses from staff AND they are database users and know not only their system but others. The conversion from Blackbaud was a breeze.

DonorPerfect review by Scott K.
Scott K.

"Thorough and Easy to Navigate. Everything you will need!"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect is easy to use. Information is gold! and DonorPerfect allows our staff to compile and retrieve the information we need quickly and efficiently. I am never more than a few clicks away from whatever I need to do or know regarding a client.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike, to this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a donor management system that meets meets the vast majority of your needs at a very competitive price, then DonorPerfect is, well, Perfect! DonorPerfect came highly recommended to my by a highly respected and experienced Development Executive.

Compiling, accessing, managing, and updating donor records.

I have been able to make timely contacts and follow up on important trends and developments.

I have been able to connect donor partners to different projects and campaigns.

Ease in seeing different parts and the whole profile of both individual donors and the whole donation landscape of our organization.

DonorPerfect review by Frank M.
Frank M.

"Donor Perfect Is Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the software. I can add, delete, and arrange fields to suit my organizations needs. When I do need tech support, I get answers quickly and they make certain I understand (not an IT guy).

What do you dislike?

The weakest part of donor Perfect is the reporting. They have made huge strides in the custom reporting options, but it still needs more work. The good thing is the company is aware and they are constantly striving to improve all aspects of the software. The canned financial reports are good, but currently don't have as much flexibility to customize as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time exploring and playing with a sample Donor Perfect database. While it is easy to use, it may take some time to understand how each part of it relates to your organization, especially if you are coming from a less flexible system.

As with most donor tracking software, Donor Perfect allows us to track and create gifts and acknowledgements. The flexibility it offers allows us to develop and track statistics relating to the donors that are important to our work.

DonorPerfect review by Administrator

"Recommended only as an introductory CRM"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect is very user friendly and very inexpensive. It also contains pretty robust functionality for small non profit organizations or early stage fundraisers, and it is very affordable for those organizations. If you are new to fundraising, this is a great tool for learning.

What do you dislike?

DonorPerfect lacks more robust functionality around reporting and customization. There are a lot of limitations to which reports can be generated automatically and emailed out. There is very limited functionality around generating the same report repeatedly -- each time you generate a report, there is some possibility that the settings may have been changed or accidentally altered since the last time you ran it. This can be extremely frustrating when numbers turn out differently and you aren't sure why. Canned reporting should certainly be built into DonorPerfect so that users can easily re-generate the same exact report with one click.

There is also no easy automatic way to merge duplicates (it basically has to be done manually, the auto merge functionality does not work well). I have run into several glitchy errors like this, for example with doing a mass update on our database that ended up duplicating a few hundred entries for no apparent reason. Issues like this make me question the integrity of this software.

Since we moved from a better CRM to DonorPerfect, this was a downgrade for us. It is indeed much cheaper than our old CRM, but we lost a lot of functionality and now we have to build a lot of reports manually. So for us, there has not been a lot of benefit.

DonorPerfect review by SC M.
SC M.

"Increase Donor Retention and Communication"

What do you like best?

Donor Perfect allows me to track donor giving and run specific reports that we use yearly to acknowledge donors for their giving. It also allows us to track peaks and lulls in our giving to help us improve/target our giving campaigns. I also enjoy the helpful webinars and online support

What do you dislike?

The report builder could me more straight forward. However, they do have support available by phone and chat that make it easy to seek assistance.

We have increased donor giving and support though the use of Donor Perfect. I am able to answers donor questions on giving and patterns of giving to improve the use of funds raised.

DonorPerfect review by Rhonda G.
Rhonda G.

"This is my first time using a donor base software, but I like it!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about using DonorPerfect is being able to keep up with our donors, how much they've given and what campaigns they have donate to. I also like that I can send and email or thank you letter straight from DP and don't have to worry about envelopes and postage. But my favorite thing have to be the free webinars that helps a rookie like me.

What do you dislike?

Since this is my first time using it I don't know yet what I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this software

We benefit by being able to keep track of our donors and pledges.

DonorPerfect review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

The reports function. They are easy to customize or build new reports. My favorite report is the Contact Calendar. It keeps our team on task and ensures no donor slips through the cracks. I also like how customizable the solicitation codes are.

What do you dislike?

The vocabulary around contacts is a bit confusing. I wish they used the word "task" instead. I do wish we could add multiple people on to one account (for example businesses where we talk to multiple people).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend a lot of time doing the free webinars and training. For a while I don't think we were using it to it's full capabilities so we have really invested the time to understand the software.

Donorperfect helps us with the implementation of our Donor Relations Plan. It helps us make sure every donor is recieving the right touch points (phone calls, cards, visits, etc).

DonorPerfect review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Basic intuitive software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for basic tasks like creating new profiles and pulling lists for marketing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to click save whenever I'm adding or editing a profile and I switch tabs within that profile. It should autosave.

Reporting is a bit more advanced and does require some trial and error before getting fully comfortable with it.

It's been very difficult to figure out where our monthly donors reside within the database, the profiles don't seem to have any sort of flag that would note them as being part of a monthly donor campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has worked great for our small non-profit, would definitely recommend to others!

Donorperfect works as our CRM, our donation log, our volunteer database. It's nice to have all of this in one database.

DonorPerfect review by Emily W.
Emily W.

"Excellent customizable donor management software for small nonprofit"

What do you like best?

Donor Perfect works so well for us because we can completely customize it using the Screen Designer module. We can add new fields as they become relevant, and we can search those fields through reports. We also like the integration with Constant Contact, allowing us to keep all of our lists segmented easily so we can send targeted email communications to different groups. Whenever anyone changes their email or opts out, the Constant Contact > Donor Perfect connection automatically updates for us, so we don't have to manually make the changes. Donor Perfect also has a great form builder tool, to allow us to create web forms easily and quickly. And what we probably like best of all - their incredible support team. I can email them a question if I'm having trouble getting a report to run the way I want, or I can call and almost always get a person on the first ring. Their support team will walk us through any issue, or help us think through how to add new fields, or make changes that will work for us.

What do you dislike?

There is definitely a learning curve to Donor Perfect, but DP seems to make sense intuitively in a way that many other donor databases don't. I would like it to integrate with Mail Chimp, which is what we used to use for email communications, and which is free.

We're growing our fundraising efforts, and using Donor Perfect to keep our staff members up to date on where we sit with different donors, and what the next steps are. We also use it to maintain donor records and add contact reports when we meet with or communicate with our top tier donors.

DonorPerfect review by Bernie R.
Bernie R.

"Great tool, great team."

What do you like best?

We have been using Donor Perfect for four years now. . We have everything integrated – constant contact, website pages, donation processing, and event registration. The ease of integration and automatic recording of online donations has made Donor Perfect our tool of choice. We are grateful for their partnership in our mission to empower at-risk kids.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really - like most tools of this type, it is fairly complicated and involved. But, they are always there to help.

During the time we have been able to double our revenues – thanks in part to Donor Perfect and the support tools which come with it

DonorPerfect review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Very easy to use and Support couldn't be better!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to add new donors and enter their gifts. Customizing giving screen fields is also very easy. I've used other databases and this one supersedes them by a long shot.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes changing thank you letter templates can be a bit of a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DonorPerfect user support is by far the best in the industry. Their techs are very patient and helpful. In this day and age, true customer service is hard to find. You'll find it here.

Tracking gifts and gift categories are more easily tracked. Additionally, new donor reports are easily generated, as are renewal thank you letters.

DonorPerfect review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"DonorPerfect"

What do you like best?

This database is one of the easier ones to use and I appreciate how accessible the helpline is; when I have questions, I just call and I have never waited *too* long for help. When the line was very long, DonorPerfect automatically took me to a menu to leave a message and had someone call back, so I didn't spend hours on hold.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I feel like I have to call for even the most mundane things -- such as not being able to find a category to a spreadsheet. Most of the time it's because they're labeled differently from what is on the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to ask for help; you'll spend hours trying to figure something out on your own. Their support people are always helpful and ready to assist. And best part, they send you the step by step instructions after the call is over.

I use it to pull reports on finances and to create mailings. It makes finding the right people to send material to a lot easier.

"Data Entry"

What do you like best?

The ease of downloading and editing donations from the weblink portal. Letter generation and mail out is also a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

The lack of integration with several social media fundraising platforms. Our Foundation is growing and social media fundraising is becoming a large facet for us but the time it takes to download from those websites and build an import sheet and then edit the imports can be time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a CRM that is easy to use and provides learning and good customer service then I would suggest DonorPerfect.

We moved from a very limited database to DonorPerfect so we have made a huge step up from our previous database. This has helped us grow and become more efficient.

DonorPerfect review by Stephanie Ann K.
Stephanie Ann K.

"Donor Perfect is excellent for our organization"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to customize reports, integrate Constant Contact, and have multiple users.

What do you dislike?

Awhile back, the reporting features changed, and in my opinion, it made the reports more confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DonorPerfect is easy to use, has a great support team, can run customizable reports, is relatively easy to use, and is a great donor management system.

We use DonorPerfect to track donations. This has been an excellent tool for tracking how much many certain programs have raised, donor attrition, how many monthly donors we have, etc.

DonorPerfect review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Comprehensive Donor Management Software"

What do you like best?

Donor Perfect really includes the scope of donor management-- data collection, receipts, e-mail integration, web forms to collect donations. It was just a few clicks to send all of our members their tax information at the end of the year.

What do you dislike?

The different features are not 100% intuitive. It took some trial and error to figure out the reports builder, and some of the fields and codes built into the member profiles require some digging to figure out what they are. I also have had difficulty integrating with Constant Contact.

We purchased the Weblink addition which allows us to collect membership dues and automatically have the information transferred into DP member profiles and receipts sent. This saves time as all of that was done manually before!

DonorPerfect review by Frances M.
Frances M.

"Not Intuitive for a Novice User"

What do you like best?

The best feature of DonorPerfect, which my current database doesn't have, was the ability to build multi-layered queries on the go to extract very specific reports. This saved me a lot of time when I needed to find lists of people who met many criteria and do so quickly.

What do you dislike?

DonorPerfect wasn't overly intuitive for me personally. Admittedly, I didn't have very much training (none from the company itself and very little from my supervisor), but other softwares I have worked with have been much easier for me to use without training. The overall layout and functionality could be vastly improved, particular in the field of usability for a novice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get some training from someone who knows how to use the database.

CRM database for a small non-profit museum

DonorPerfect review by Hope C.
Hope C.

"DPO is great for managing donor information and has great support."

What do you like best?

There are a lot of support resources that make it easy to learn more about additional functions of the website and increase your nonprofit's capacity to manage donor information and track correspondence.

What do you dislike?

The website for the online version has been improved a lot recently, but it's still a little clunky. Function over fashion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely sign up for support, at least for your first year's subscription. The written support resources and webinars are 100% worth it. They offer webinars to walk you through various functions of the program, as well as exploring other topics related to fundraising and donor management.

We are using DonorPerfect Online to keep records of donations and send receipts and other communication to donors. It has helped us allow for customization of mailings, as well as email receipts.

DonorPerfect review by Cynthia P.
Cynthia P.

"DonorPerfect is a great multipurpose tool for non-profits!"

What do you like best?

The seamless connection between Constant Contact and Weblink is great. The Dashboard feature makes it very fast and incredibly easy to find recent information. Functions such as the reporting tools and instant merge help to get data & acknowledge donors quickly. The customer service team is friendly and efficient. There are also tons of free resources to master the software.

What do you dislike?

Duplicate purging is a slow process and you have to manually search for duplicates to get rid of them. I wish that when I entered a new entry for a donor that is a match with an existing record, DonorPerfect would notify me right away to avoid excessive records. The only time you really see that is when you are downloading a donation that was submitted via WebLink.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the free resources such as the webinars, workshops, and online faq sections to make the most out of your user experience. If you are meticulous and consistent when entering donors and follow the recommended DonorPerfect protocol, it will be very easy to sort through your various types of donors.

Our organization was previously very slow with donor acknowledgement. Using pre-loaded thank you templates and the instant merge feature help us get those thank you letter out nearly instantaneously. We also were able to better target and focus specific mailings such as events and fundraising by using the filters and giving history to narrow our search fields.

DonorPerfect review by Kristiana M.
Kristiana M.

"Solid CRM with many features"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect is customizable to your organization. They build it so it best suits your needs. It has many features to build in-depth donor profiles as well as run complicated reports for analytics. They have a great customer service team that always will help walk you through issues you are having.

What do you dislike?

DonorPerfect lacks great training manuals, and has a big learning curve when it comes to creating and pulling reports. It is not always intuitive, and you really have to dig and dissect what you need in order to pull an accurate report. Fortunately, they have a great customer service staff that will help alleviate issues once you know how to articulate what you need from them. I think it could also do a better job with having a volunteer database. Though you can flag people as volunteers, it won't run the same way as a separate volunteer database system. If it could combine all the features of a solid volunteer system with the donor profiles, it would be a highly functioning CRM.

We use DonorPerfect daily as a way to enter financial gifts as well as food donations. It integrates with several different platforms and other databases to be a core function of our Development department.

DonorPerfect review by Meredith W.
Meredith W.

"DonorPerfect Review - Still Hopes"

What do you like best?

I have sung the praises of Still Hopes to many Development associates. I led the change to DP just this last year and can say it is truly a night and day different from what we were previously using. DP is VERY user friendly and the support staff is happy to help walk you through whenever you are having an issue. Short hold time for support, easily understandable, and enjoy helping you find multiple solutions to your issues.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. I only have 1 pending request of something to be added. Other than that - I am happy!

Quick easy custom reports - exactly what the development office needs as well as our accounting office.

DonorPerfect review by Natalie C. W.
Natalie C. W.

"Slightly Out of Date But Good Features"

What do you like best?

The templates for the web forms especially have all the fields that my clients need for both donations and membership.

What do you dislike?

It feels really outdated, like it could use a major refresh. It reminds me of software I used in the early 2000s.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage people to make the switch in order to get everything integrated for your nonprofit. It seems to be worth spending a little extra to get their web forms. Plus, you can ask for people to help with the cost of payment processing, which is incredibly helpful for nonprofits like the ones we work with.

Fundraising, web forms for membership and donations. Overall it's a great system that provides us with everything we need to manage members and donations.

DonorPerfect review by Cynthia B.
Cynthia B.

"Office Manager/Event Planner"

What do you like best?

I feel DP has a user friendly user interface, especially with the recent changes. Many things to like best; Contact tab, tribute functions, receipting functions, credit card expiration warnings.

What do you dislike?

I have not mastered the email versus printed thank you abilities w/in DP and our records don't always show receipt sent. The process seems a bit complex as we do not have the database in top shape for the thank you, receipting capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say the biggest reason that DP is a great donor management software service company is that they are constantly improving and their customer service is hands down top notch. If you'd like to go from generic databases or spreadsheets to DP they provide a somewhat simple import process from excel spreadsheets. DP provides one place where you can store all your donor and volunteer data then analyze it and pull stats and info with the ease of the report center. If you get stuck, don't spend too much of your valuable time trying to find the answer in their extensive knowledge base of help, just call and they will expertly handle your questions. DP includes a great donor communication management aspect, as well as handling monthly donations via EFT and bank draft. And, now with the fundraising event mobile bidding platform, the data migration from your fundraising event to your donor database is smoother. DP is a great CRM database.

Monthly donor monitoring and retention is better because of DP. We can proactively retain donors before they fall off due to expired credit cards, solving the problem of lost monthly revenue. With proper data entry using the solicitation codes, we can measure which fundraising methods work best at bringing in new donors and new monthly donors allowing us to focus on the higher revenue producing efforts. We use the moves management to manage our VIP donor communications and this is useful for effective donor relations. The benefits we see using DP is better, more centralized tracking of donor activity, which includes tracking volunteer activity as well, eliminating several areas where Excel spreadsheets would have been the go to method.

DonorPerfect review by Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

"Happy using Donor Perfect for the past 3 years"

What do you like best?

I think the support offered by DonorPerfect is great. I love that I have the option to call or chat with someone and there is rarely a wait. The support staff is always very friendly and knowledgeable and they almost always solve whatever issue I have or get back to me in a timely matter if they are not able to help immediately.

What do you dislike?

There are a few extra features/modules that I think should be part of a basic package and I'm disappointed that these features are only available at an additional cost. For example, we had to pay to add WebLink Pro because we were not able to edit our WebLink forms before or changes were very limited. Batch gift processing is also an additional charge and even at the additional charge the batch gift processing is fairly limited in customization options which I don't like, i.e. I can't enter gifts with different gift dates in one batch.

I dislike that contacts does not currently sync with gmail and the Outlook integration tool is not working at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DonorPerfect implementation is very easy and doesn't require technical assistance if you are able to set-up the necessary codes prior to importing your data.

DonorPerfect allows us to run a variety of reports and review donor giving history, which enables us to tailor our communications and fundraising efforts. We've been able to run various campaigns based on the metrics we review from reports and we are also tracking prospective donors more efficiently now.

DonorPerfect review by Susan D.
Susan D.

"Donor Perfect Helps Bring 21st Century Tools to Fundraising"

What do you like best?

I love it that Donor Perfect provides comprehensive reporting capability without needing to construct your own reports. My favorite reports are the Comprehensive Donor Revenue Analysis and the AFP Fundraising Effectiveness Project Report. I also love it that it helps create seamless merges and integrates with Constant Contact, which we use for online donations. Donor Perfect allowed us to provide our first comprehensive online donation campaigns this year. We increased the number of active donors by 78.87% and the number of gifts by 142.05% in one year. We would not have been able to do this without this program.

What do you dislike?

So far, the only problem has been the cost of training. They offer plenty of free online help, but if you want more hands on assistance, you will need to pay for it - whether that is at a conference or workshop.

DonorPerfect review by Ben C.
Ben C.

"Economic option for a system uniquely built for supporting multiple avenues of fundraising"

What do you like best?

Great customer service and opportunities for usability and beta testing; growing list of partners and integrated services for fundraising; houses very useful integrated services for fundraising from email marketing and recurring gift functions to major donor/prospect tools and online giving

What do you dislike?

There are currently some limitations regarding automated capabilities with scheduling and running recurring gifts and reports, but they have already begun rolling out new features to address this. Their WebLink feature for online forms is pretty versatile and connects pretty transparently to processing gateways, but the design elements of the forms, though improving, are still just behind some other vendors with regards to the look and feel you may be able to get from the templates offered. That being said, WebLink is a much more affordable service option compared to most other fundraising vendors out there and is directly integrated to your database and electronic processing gateways. It would be nice to have more flexibility and compatibility with more electronic processing vendors (like PayPal).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small to medium-sized nonprofit, DPO is probably the most economic option you can find out there with respect to just how many different services and features that SofterWare has to offer within this system. Other vendors may do specific things really well, maybe even better than DPO (others may have nicer online forms or be able to use PayPal, etc.), but you will likely end up paying a lot more for a lot fewer tools and features, and have less control and branding over the services provided (especially with how donors are acknowledged and how their data is captured and stored). All bells and whistles aside, DPO is a solid donor database system that is constantly improving, and my experience with SofterWare's customer service team and product specialists has been worth well beyond what we have paid.

Part of my use of DonorPerfect Online within our organization has been to reconcile donations and pledges against general ledger and other financial/data systems which somehow touch donations or donation processing. This work has helped shed light on how we utilize not just our donor database system with DPO, but also how the rest of our systems work independently and in tandem with each other and how efficient and effectively they do so. Of course, system efficiency means nothing if you're not focusing on your customers' and/or donors' experiences in buying, registering, and giving. Because of how we use DPO and how easily it can be embedded into our organization's web presence, we have found that donating through the WebLink forms linked to our website and other solicitations and appeals is the MOST EFFICIENT process that our web visitors currently experience!

DonorPerfect review by Patrice K.
Patrice K.

"DonorPerfect is a Great Fundraising Tool"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect (DP) is a one stop shopping place for all your Fundraising needs. It has most of the Bells and Whistles that other fundraising tools have at a more reasonable price. The thing I love about DP the most is that it is customizable. You can add the fields you need and remove (or hide) the ones you do not need. You have the freedom to write your own reports (at no extra cost) and their support services are top notch. They've added so many other features like peer to peer fundraising and do it yourself web site tools for membership or events.

What do you dislike?

It's a lot to learn and they rely a lot on their "Learning Community" to provide advice. There really is not "User Manual" so sometime you rely a lot on support instead of doing it yourself.

DP helps us stay organized. Reports to our fundraising staff is easy to maintain. DP Mobile helps our staff who are in the field, keep track of their fundraising tasks so we stay in touch with our donors better than ever.

DonorPerfect review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"DonorPerfect - Easy to use for a small Development Office"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect is fairly straightforward, easy to use program. The basic program allows the user to track donations, produce thank you letters for donors and has a good contact management feature. You can get up and running after 2 hour telephone training. I like its flexibility because I have used it for a variety of non-profits including social services and nursing homes. Their support department is strong in answering questions quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Some of the ways you are restricted to sorting lists on the home screen. It gives you a lot of options for thank you process but it is hard to segment all in one letter if you wanted. You have to use separate letters for each type of gift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small shop, while it's not the cheapest. It's the most stable platform that won't fold or get bought by another company.

It's easy to keep all your donor and contact records in one place. I find it very efficient to use.

DonorPerfect review by Kyli S.
Kyli S.

"User-friendly and Efficient"

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly. I am new to fundraising, and using this software made the transition process a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

I don't love that building reports can be quite difficult.

I work in fundraising and DonorPerfect is a great way for us to not only entering gifts, but keeping track of our relationships with donors. This software is perfect for analyzing data to provide a holistic view of a donor's record.

DonorPerfect review by Administrator

"Excellent customer support and flexibility"

What do you like best?

The customer support at Donor Perfect is the best I've experienced with a help line. They walk you through the simplest of tasks to complex reporting. I like that they send a follow up email summarizing the steps we went over. If the person you are speaking with does not know the answer, they usually elevate the issue and call back in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I have come across certain limitations in the functionality for my agency's purposes. Both the Moves Management and Grants Tracking features are limited in their usefulness. The integration with Constant Contact has a specific limitation in regards to Automation campaigns that is frustrating.

Tracking contacts so that all members of our Development Team can know who is interacting with various donors has been extremely useful. Additionally, attaching proposals and gift letters to the actual gifts makes it very easy to retrieve those records if questions arise.

DonorPerfect review by Samantha R.
Samantha R.

"Helpful. Easy. Awesome!"

What do you like best?

The staff at DonorPerfect have always been wonderful in helping me understand the system as well as talking me through how to get the information I need in the easiest way possible. The software is easy to use. I like that it is very intuitive and we can customize it to our organization.

What do you dislike?

The events management portion of DPO does not integrate easily with the records. I find that it is not as user friendly or intuitive as the rest of the software.

It helps our organization keep up to date and accurate records of our donors.

DonorPerfect review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Highly recommend DP"

What do you like best?

Love having all of my donor records in the cloud so I can access it anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve, so prepare to spend some time in free webinars, etc. to be able to utilize all the things that donor perfect can do. It's not a dislike, I just thought I could figure it all out without a lot of help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product, spend some time cleaning up your data before sending it to DP, make sure your GL codes are all correct. We had to transfer a DB from another product and my predecessor didn't do a very good job of setting it all up correctly initially. I had to do a lot of cleanup one we got it over to DP.

We are entering a capital campaign so adding the wealth determiner piece has been a real help

DonorPerfect review by Raechelle B.
Raechelle B.

"Excellent all in one system"

What do you like best?

DPI is a great system upgrade from Abila or Sage Fundraising 50. The user interface is so intuitive and allows for fast account management, gift entry and receipting

What do you dislike?

The only draw back is that there are a lot of add on services you have to pay extra for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More affordable than Raisers Edge with similar capabilities. Great for small non profits.

Donor acknowledgement and receipting are a breeze and year end tax letters are super simple.

DonorPerfect review by Darla S.
Darla S.

"Perfect for a small nonprofit"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect is very user friendly. Support staff, tutorials, and annual conference have all been very helpful. We are a two person, small charity and this works perfect for us. The subscription cost is very manageable for our budget. It is easy to customize and to maintain. It is also very easy to generate reports necessary for fundraising and for bulk mailings. We have not had any problems with the program.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Just would like more time in the day to learn more about everything the program can provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the product to small nonprofits with a tight budget.

The program helps us to keep good records on our donors. It is easy to edit the donor profiles for address changes and or deaths. Have an accurate donor list is vital to fundraising. It speeds up the receipting process also.

DonorPerfect review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Easy and Reliable"

What do you like best?

DP is great for management of donors specific to your company standards. There are multiple ways to use the program depending on the skill set of each individual user.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes reports can be difficult to figure out, but if you take the time to play around with them you will eventually get what you are looking for.

DP allows our company to track donations easily and maintain a relationship with each donor.

DonorPerfect review by Sharon M.
Sharon M.

"DonorPerfect is a great product for donor tracking and with ReadySetAuction for event management."

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect Customer Service is outstanding!

What do you dislike?

It does not automatically save the work in donor records so when it times out if you walk away from your desk, you have to start all over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the trial version of DonorPerfect and speak directly to a customer service representative. After our trial period and we decided to go with DonorPerfect, everyone who helped us launch and implement was very helpful and professional and they are still this way in our fourth year. Their support team is amazing.

Our business is an elementary school and we use DonorPerfect to raise donations for our foundation. We can track various donors in many ways, The benefit is that we can target individuals for various fundraising efforts.

DonorPerfect review by Clara A.
Clara A.

"Effective, direct fundraising management"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect makes it possible to streamline donor and donation management - and is cloud-based, so it is constantly making new and improved updates.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be challenging to create a desired report the way you want it the first time - but that's more of a user intelligence problem than a Donor Perfect issue.

DonorPerfect saves us so much time in terms of receipting donations, pulling past donor records, and breaking down fundraising events.

DonorPerfect review by Lauren S.
Lauren S.

"I have been using DP for 3 years and am fairly impressed with it. "

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is. It's fairly intuitive to a new user, so is easy to introduce new employees to. Training is minimal because it is so clear where to do all the things you need to do. The tech support is also very prompt which helps with usability.

What do you dislike?

Since switching to the online version, I've been frustrated with the lack of customizability with reports. We had made some changes to the standard reports that we are no longer able to use since switching to online. This has added extra work to my process. This is not ideal as programs like this are supposed to make things more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my experience it does everything that Raiser's Edge just at a much lower cost. This was a great benefit to us as we have a very low budget.

Using this program has greatly increased our productivity and our ability to track donors and donations. We used to not track events within our donor database, and now our event attendance is all included in a donor's record, which is really helpful.

DonorPerfect review by Justina J.
Justina J.

"DonorPerfect isn't as intuitive as other platforms"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect has a many options to customize the software for specific needs.

What do you dislike?

The format is not appealing or user friendly. I do not like the interface with Constant Contact, so I use MailChimp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before getting DonorPerfect, I suggest comparing what you will spend in third party credit card fees and what DonorPerfect can provide for you.

We use this as a CRM for fundraising and communications.

DonorPerfect review by User

"Great platform for small nonprofit CRM!"

What do you like best?

Donor Perfect is one of the easiest CRM/Development databases to use. It has a multitude of reports, donor records, and payment processing options to fit whatever your nonprofit needs may be. For us, it provides the link between development and accounting that makes it useful to track cashflow, manage reporting, and balance

What do you dislike?

Does not have the same advanced characteristics of similar products (such as Raiser's Edge) to handle a large number of records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very cost-effective product to help beginning and small nonprofits manage donor relations.

We are able to track gifts and their acknowledgements, balance our GL, and easily generate mailing lists. Donor Perfect has helped tremendously in having a fully capable Development department. Working alongside accounting, we can successfully track our goals and stay on the same page regarding income.

Managing our relations with donors is improved by knowing our mailings, calls, and other contacts can be tracked and we can grow their engagement.

DonorPerfect review by Consultant in Entertainment
Consultant in Entertainment

"Easy to use, but may not be right for long-term fundraising growth."

What do you like best?

My company, Red Tape, utilizes DonorPerfect for our fundraising, and thus far we have really enjoyed our experience. Our donors have had a pretty easy time setting themselves up, and keeping track of donations through DP hasn't yielded any major headaches thus far. The staff at Red Tape most directly in charge of Donor Perfect have an easy time using the software and the rest of us (who are much more infrequent users), have also had an equally easy time.

What do you dislike?

I've had a number of folks (donors) tell me they wish they could link to PayPal, and some of the reasons why DP doesn't support PayPal aren't technically accurate. I use PayPal myself for almost all of my online transactions and appreciate the security that I have in utilizing it. I have never encountered issues with transferring funds via PayPal, and I think some of the rationale (which I obtained via DP's website), is either outdated or inaccurate in general.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small nonprofit, I highly recommend checking this out amongst research for your fundraising needs. I always recommend casting a fairly large net with regard to software use and implementation, but thus far we at Red Tape are pretty happy with the ease of use that DonorPerfect provides. As a company grows, shopping around for software with more infrastructure might be needed, but this is pretty perfect for early-stage growth-based fundraising.

DonorPerfect has allowed for us, as a small nonprofit, implement a donation infrastructure that is substantially more cost effective right now. As we grow, I imagine we may move away from DonorPerfect and utilize other software to provide a more streamlined and secure experience, but for the foreseeable future we are pretty happy with where we are with DP.

DonorPerfect review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great product for donor management"

What do you like best?

It is very easy and intuitive to use. I love how simple it is to pull the reports

What do you dislike?

It costs a lot to get your data transferred if you are not a huge organization. The base is about $2000 which is a large amount if you only have around 2000 donors to transfer to the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

I reviewed about 20 different products and we have about a million and half budget. This is the BEST overall product for the price.

We had nothing as a donor system except an excel form, which was impractical if we wanted to grow our donor base.

DonorPerfect review by Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management
Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management

"User Friendly Fundraising Database "

What do you like best?

I enjoy how user friendly DonorPerfect is. There are a lot of drag and drop features for running reports. We enjoy how many videos and tutorials are on their site. If we have a problem with anything, we just watch a video our email our service support representative. I have used Raiser's Edge at a previous agency and it seemed as if we weren't fully utilizing the database. With DonorPerfect and the ease of use, I feel like we are using all that we are paying for and there aren't any hidden modules. If you are a small non-profit, I would highly recommend DonorPerfect. We also fully utilize what DonorPefrect offers on the mobile platform. If I am at a meeting or a donor lunch, I can quickly look up important information that will help fundraising efforts.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about DP. Again, I can't stress enough how easy it is to use. I think it would be a lot better if DP would offer in person support or training. If someone would come to our office and physically show us tricks/tips, we would utilize all that DonorPerfect has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using DonorPerfect. Very user friendly.

We are using DP to input donor data and run/pull reports. It is very easy to input data and pull reports. We are working on fully integrating DP services into our Development Department.

DonorPerfect review by User

"Grant Writer"

What do you like best?

I like the Dashboard showing activity it helps to show a comprehensive summary of the organization.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to create sub-donors. Adding subgroups would help organize large donors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DonorPerfect offers a comprehensive database for donor information.

It is difficult to mange donors such as University's or large corporations. There is not an option to group addresses together and still have separate contact names, addresses, etc. I've realized DonorPerfect can pull extensive and intricate reports that are helpful for every area of our organization. Moreover, being able to quickly pull up donor information is a huge plus when donors call asking for information.

Learn more about DonorPerfect

DonorPerfect Videos

Learning about DonorPerfect?

* We monitor all DonorPerfect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.