DonorSnap

DonorSnap

DonorSnap is a nonprofit CRM and fundraising software implemented mainly through a cloud-based platform. The comprehensive donor database tool offers record keeping, donor tracking, and website integration; among other features.

Work for DonorSnap?

Learning about DonorSnap?

DonorSnap Reviews

Ask DonorSnap a Question
Showing 110 DonorSnap reviews
DonorSnap review by Megan E.
Megan E.

"Great Donor Management Tool"

What do you like best?

We love the price and functionality of DonorSnap. We recently adopted DonorSnap in place of using excel spreadsheets for our donor management and are so happy we did. DonorSnap makes it easy to capture donor information, record and organize donations, and run reports.

What do you dislike?

DonorSnap does not offer many features outside of donor management. Recently they've added an email component, but it's pretty bare bones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great donor management tool for small nonprofit organizations. If you are looking for a donor management software that is easy to use and don't need extra features like peer to peer fundraising or email campaign management, this is a good option.

Adding the DonorSnap responsive donation page to our website has helped us tremendously with collecting online donations. It was easy to set up and looks clean and modern. We use DonorSnap to track donations and donor information, which has been invaluable for our donor retention and cultivation.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DonorSnap
DonorSnap review by Paul R.
Paul R.

"DonorSnap is a Snap!"

What do you like best?

We reviewed more than 100 donor management software applications and found DonorSnap to be right for our organization. Sure, there are the 800 lb gorillas out there, but their cost was overall not economical for our financial budget. The DonorSnap platform is rich with features and their online support is quick to respond.

At the beginning, one of our concerns was a potential learning curve in understanding the application. Frankly speaking, it is easy to navigate once you play around with it, attend a webinar and watch some of their help videos. We were not intimidated and are happy with our choice.

There is probably not a donor management software that is perfect. We like that there are many user-defined fields which provide greater adaptability to meet our needs. No need for custom work.

What do you dislike?

As with any platform, there are some nuances that may not fit every organization. For example, the QuickBooks integration does not meet our desired results. Our organization opted for an internal work-around as to how we process all donations and integrate with QuickBooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not be intimidated by the learning curve. As with any setup, plan on cleaning your data first and match all their fields. DonorSnap will work with you, but you need a clean database.

In the past, our organization relied on a donor management system consisting of MS Excel and QuickBooks. The DonorSnap solution has completely revolutionized our accounting processing.

What Donor Management solution do you use?

DonorSnap review by Sarah P.
Sarah P.

"Good Database System"

What do you like best?

I like that it is pretty easy to keep track of donors and information which helps our business run smoother. We have a system set up to in order to keep track of donations which is awesome. This helps us when we need to run quick books and it also works with other sites like Constant Contact. It is best to use Word and Excel with this database.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things that I dislike about this system. The main thing is sometimes technical problems, but taking it to the donorsnap team usually it is resolved quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program and they do their best to help you with anything you would need in order to get started in DonorSnap. Even when you think that there can be no improvements made there is definitely more that they improve on in the system. For example, I love how you can see the information that you are merging and choose what information needs to be kept around.

This really helps our accounting process, but also it helps with the donors that we need to reach out to on a yearly basis.

DonorSnap review by Trevor H.
Trevor H.

"Comprehensive package for Donor Management"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the database is key, allowing user-defined custom fields and field values, and custom forms and views. Integration with email systems is also pretty good, and the QuickBooks integration saves a great deal of time and effort. The spreadsheet import is essential and works well. There are also a lot of other bells and whistles that just make tasks easier.

What do you dislike?

In general the user interface is dated, clunky and overly techy (too many database terms and concepts). The process flows (e.g. building reports) are not particularly intuitive and can be frustrating - moving from tab to tab is not how people naturally work, so I suggest at least adding a "Next" button to each tab. Also not saving the user's changes (or at least displaying a warning) if you click on another tab is a major design flaw and leads to a lot of frustration.

Real check box fields and radio buttons (not just drop down lists) are notable omissions, and it would be nice if selected drop down item(s) show at the top of drop down lists, not the bottom. Sorting of items often is random and should be more user-configurable. Users can't change the names of system defined fields (e.g. "Company"), which is annoying. Direct integration with other email marketing apps (MailChimp) is also needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to tell beforehand exactly what the product can do and what features it supports, and we spent quite a bit of time via email and phone trying to establish if it would meet our needs. We then decided to spend some time and money evaluating it, which turned out to be a good investment. We found that it's comprehensive enough that it can do most of the things we wanted, and any omissions are minor and can usually be worked around.

We're using DonorSnap as a donor management database and CRM for all our contacts, and for that it works great! We're able to manage our email lists and track people's donations so we can be more targeted. In our world we have parents, leaders and elders who are often also donors, volunteers, and subscribers, so we can track our community and their individual involvement, which is very helpful. It has saved us a lot of pain and time vs. using (and trying to track) numerous spreadsheets.

DonorSnap review by Lauri L.
Lauri L.

"Great software for an affordable price"

What do you like best?

DonorSnap has all the features we need, and it's easy to use. We were up and running within a couple of weeks after our purchase.

What do you dislike?

I guess it doesn't have some more sophisticated features, but we haven't needed them. I love everything about DonorSnap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small nonprofit and you want a solution that is affordable yet robust enough to meet your needs, DonorSnap is definitely worth checking out!

We didn't have a donor software package before this, we were using spreadsheets to track donations. This is so much easier and intuitive. I love that the letters/emails are integrated and can be printed directly, and that it is so easy to run donation reports.

DonorSnap review by Janette W.
Janette W.

"Great donor tracking that gets better all the time!"

What do you like best?

Being able to input donations, send receipts/letters, track specific donations, run reports, easily create contact lists... all in one easy to use web-based platform! What a time-saver compared to the many programs and spreadsheets we were using before!

What do you dislike?

The more detailed comparative reports aren't always easy to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Such a time-saver if you are currently using several programs and/or spreadsheets to track donations, run reports, and create contact lists/letters!

What a time-saver compared to the many programs and spreadsheets we were using before! Being able to create specific letters for each donation and creating lists of donors with certain criteria has been such a help!

"Amazing Customer Support!"

What do you like best?

I love their customer service. We always get instant assistance. They have wonderful tutorials and trainings available 24/7 on their website and will walk you through any question .

What do you dislike?

The biggest struggle I have with Donorsnap is probably limited to my own lack of experience. I always get my questions answered very promptly. And they help me to figure out the best way to find the report I need, or set up the report I need, or direct me to the proper tool. I LOVE THEIR RECORDED TUTORIALS. You can see in real time how to do things and the trainings aren't too lengthy, very easy to learn how to use this program!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DonorSnap has so many useful functions it's hard to think it won't be useful for you. You can customize your screens and get instant access to training and support. I would suggest that if you are importing existing database to DonorSnap for set up that you really get the initial set up done the way you need it. I think we set up way too much information and should have started clean and not imported as much. Simpler is better.

Donation tracking, report generation, and general database management. More accurate reporting and better tracking our donor base.

DonorSnap review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"Donor Snap Review"

What do you like best?

It's online and able to be accessed through a network. Mass Entry is really helpful- however there are some glitches in Mass Entry that could be changed to help with efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Receipts are generated individually and I have to MANUALLY combine donations given by donors that give to different accounts and split their donation. (that's a huge time waster). In Mass entry, you can't edit a donation you have to DELETE the entire thing, also in Mass Entry you can't split the donation to different accounts. No check scanning. No automatic input from online gifts. (we tried the merchant service you used and it was really bad, and the reports were not good). In General, Data Miner reports are complicated and confusing to run. It would be helpful to duplicate a donation entry, instead of having to re-input each one with re-curring. I'm finding when I run PDF reports, they sometimes drop the name of the donor on the PDF or viewer. I have to export the excel spreadsheet and then I'm able to view it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We figured out a way to create a campaign for each deposit. This way we could trace back what donations were in that deposit. Sometimes doing it by date is confusing, because it adds all the deposits for that day.

It's helpful having unlimited users to access. It is a decent place to store data. It's good to be able to connect from anywhere.

DonorSnap review by Richard B.
Richard B.

"Exceptional Support for a New NonProfit"

What do you like best?

Considerable flexibility; excellent training via webinars, live and recorded; scalability.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could work with data from more than 2 tabs simultaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time before implementing to map out a thorough plan. We have a somewhat unique mission which required creation of custom data fields to capture non-standard personal data - we did not think that process through thoroughly enough at the start which led to subsequent reconfiguration of data fields and change from text to drop-down fields among other changes. The DonorSnap Team has provided incredible support at every step - from importing our initial data flawlessly - to providing guidance when requested - to constnatly improving and expanding the product. DonorSnap is an outstanding value!

Tracking donations to the organization; racking volunteer activity; recording relationship information. Using DonorSnap data, our annual Year-End Appeal results have increased 15-20% annually for 3 years. Managing all relationships (donations, volunteer activities, contacts) through DonorSnap gives us a 360-degree report on our inter-connections.

DonorSnap review by April K.
April K.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like it how there are so many different ways to look up contacts and so many useful tools at my disposal.

What do you dislike?

How picky Data Miner Platinum is, though I'm not sure you can do much about that. I also wish that Occurrence Counts in Site Lookups were linkable--meaning, if the occurrence count for a specific accounting code is 115, it would be useful to be able to click on that and see the 115 instances it has been used (this could apply to other areas of DonorSnap too).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play with Data Miner Platinum. The more you practice, the more you'll understand how to use it effectively.

We are able to see who is donating and what raises the most money, which helps us gear our fundraising. We are likely going to switch over to goEmerchant and DS's Responsive forms in the very near future, which will help immensely with keeping everything in the same place (credit card payments and ticket buying/registrations for events). It'll be nice to not have to go to ten different websites and enter in everyone's information by hand and I'm excited at the prospect of how easy it'll be compared to how we handle it now.

DonorSnap review by Administrator

"Affordable Solution for Organizations on a Shoe-String Budget"

What do you like best?

DonorSnap is responsive to customer needs. If something doesn't meet your needs they are willin to work with you to accommodate your request, within reason.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a low-cost cloud-based solution but it is not as whiz bang-y as other more robust cloud-based offerings out there. The system is not super intuitive so you need to be ready to invest a significant amount of time in going through trainings to make sure you are maximizing the features available to you through DonorSnap.

We need a cloud-based platform that allows us to track our development goals: prospective givers and current donors. The system has built in reporting systems that allow us to track our progress on fundraising goals--which is enormously helpful in providing timely reports to the Executive Director, Fundraising Committee, and members of the Board of Directors.

DonorSnap review by Derek R.
Derek R.

"Powerful CRM for a shoestring budget"

What do you like best?

Best price-to-feature ratio we've found.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve. Barebones interface

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution if you're willing to put in a bit of extra effort. Not for those expecting a slick, turn-key interface--there is a lot of customization to do at the start, though that is a strength as well.

Minimizing manual cross-platform data input; integration with Constant Contact and QuickBooks Online reduces work/errors. With the all-in-one data architecture we can keep informed about any aspect of resource management: donors and donations, donor cultivation/contact and ticklers, volunteer management, in-kind gift management, grants management (some). All while being able to manage mailing lists and campaigns within Constant Contact and checking donations against the bank account..

DonorSnap review by Nicole O.
Nicole O.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that I can enter multiple donations at a time and how easy it is to print tax receipts I have uploaded. I like how easy it is to get a hold of customer service when I have difficulties. They are very prompt at answering any questions myself and my agency has and they even make videos.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how repetitive it is to get to different contacts from the search box. It can be frustrating trying to upload new documents or trying to merge contacts into an excel spreadsheet because if you miss one detail then you have to start all over.

We are now able to track mass communications and see how often we are contacting donors. We are also able to track current and former board members easily which helps our organization decide who to keep in contact with.

DonorSnap review by Alia F.
Alia F.

"The reason why we keep DonorSnap is because of the mail merge capabilities and the fast help desk. "

What do you like best?

We really enjoy how it automates labels and addresses. We were also able to integrate the payment processing system with our website so now we don't use paypal.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the finicky way of reporting. I absolutely appall the way it looks -- it looks like 1990s DOS and is not intuitive. I've used SalesForce in previous roles and am looking for the right time to switch to a different platform if DonorSnap doesn't step it up with the reporting. Additionally -- we'd like an easier way to integrate what's in QuickBooks with what's in DonorSnap but it doesn't look easy and may not do what we want it to do. We only have two staff people, so there hasn't been enough time to learn everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't think I'd recommend DonorSnap over anything else. It's the strangest system I've used besides ACS (which I also wouldn't recommend).

DonorSnap has helped gather all the data that was flying around in FileMaker Pro and Excel spreadsheets by a previous director.

DonorSnap review by Brittany V.
Brittany V.

"Basic Donor System with Great Tech Support!"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to ask how to run any report and within 24 hours, I have a detailed response of how to run that specific report.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to learn how to run reports (it is not naturally intuitive), but after 5 years with this system, it has become much easier to run reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small non-profit looking for a way to manage donors, this is a fantastic program.

We are able to track and store data about our donors that would normally be lost on sticky notes or in the minds of leadership on our team.

DonorSnap review by Caitlyn R.
Caitlyn R.

"Donor Snap is a good donor database, user friendly, and generates reports."

What do you like best?

I like having a central place with all of my donor's information. It is easy to search among my large donor base and find specific information such has how much did they donate, when did they donate, to which event, personal information, etc. Then, exporting out to excel is easy for thank-you letters. They also make mass input fairly easy, so that it is not too time consuming.

What do you dislike?

The user interface seems outdated. It gets the job done, but they could use a design overhaul. The technology also seems outdated. But these are minor things, such as when searching for a last name, the whole page has to refresh when you delete your search terms, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Donor Snap has a large database of support videos, FAQs, etc. Take advantage of these as they help you learn the system!

Donor snap has allowed me to track my donor information. It allows me to keep track of who has been thanked and who hasn't been contacted or given in awhile. It allows me to have all of my donor's information in a central location, for ease with things such as mailing lists or marketing campaigns.

DonorSnap review by Craig C.
Craig C.

"The support at DonorSnap are great! "

What do you like best?

The tools are flexible for the different types of agencies or situations that come up. The support team are quick, paitient and responsive when you need them. In addition, the webinars are readily available to help teach you what's needed.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found it yet. As with all software, you only need to readjust your mindset on how to best use the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GREAT product, especially for the price. Many products are similar, but the service is what matters. I find the team always there to help with the different types of needs that we have.

We track volunteer hours, donations and in-kind relationships. We are learning how to utilize the Tickler system to remind us of relationships that need cultivation. In addition, we're seeing our in-kind giving quickly and easily and able to keep track of our acknowlegements easily.

DonorSnap review by Sarah  W.
Sarah W.

"Donorsnap is a good "

What do you like best?

DonorSnap adds a lot of customization with data collected. The reports (dataminer) can be tailored to grab whatever information one needs. The price is excellent for small nonprofits who cannot afford large monthly subscriptions.

What do you dislike?

The Dataminer algorithm is quite complicated. For more detailed reports, help from a DonorSnap staff is needed. The interface isn't as clean and aesthetic as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once a person is trained and familiar it is easy to use and meets all the needs of a non-profit.

Keeping all the donor information in one place, reports are good once you learn how to set up the parameters.

DonorSnap review by Luci L.
Luci L.

"DonorSnap is a Breeze!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is the best feature of DonorSnap.

What do you dislike?

DataMiner Platinum takes some getting used to in order to master it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend DonorSnap to others who are considering it. It is very easy to use, great customer support, weekly webinars to enhance your knowledge and excellent value.

We have been using DonorSnap for 2 years now to record all donations that come through our agency, such as cash, grants, sponsorships and in-kind donations. DonorSnap has helped to streamline all donation history in one location and has helped to increase our mailing and email lists.

DonorSnap review by User

"DonorSnap works well for our small non profit agency"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of entering mass entry donations. We have a lot of these, and it saves a lot time by being able to enter them as a mass entry.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to code our donors a certain way so some of them would only receive certain mailings from us. Since there is no way to code them we keep a separate excel file with names and then just go into the reports and manually delete those individuals that don't want some of our mailings.

It is a nice tool to use when keeping track of donor communication. Since a few of us in the office work closely with donors it has been a great way to keep track of all conversations/interactions coworkers are having with each donor.

DonorSnap review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I really am pleased with Donor Snap. It is a great database and is easy to use. It is also very affordable and does what we need to do for a great price.

What do you dislike?

There is really not much I can think of that I dislike. It meets our needs. I do wish we could use Paypal for credit card processing with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product and is affordable.

Keeping track of donors and having one integrated database with information. I also like the mobile application to be able to see data on the go.

DonorSnap review by Vivian M.
Vivian M.

"Basic software, easy to use"

What do you like best?

This program is easy to sign-up for and set up and is fairly quick when it comes to data. Nothing is too complicated; and the database software is helpful for keep up with incoming donations.

What do you dislike?

The trainings were a bit cumbersome and if you had problems, it's really hard to contact anyone from customer service. While it is less expensive than other softwares, simple things like sending out thank you letters feels a lot harder. I hope that they can streamline soon and make the site more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Knowing that Excel is free makes paying for DonorSnap really questionable. I think it's nice having a program that's "in the cloud," but this is something that could be remedied with Google's version of excel. I think DonorSnap needs to rethink their program and software and move into the softwares and programs of today. It's just not that innovative. However, if you consider yourself old school, then this may be fore you.

We were looking for a way to keep all of donor numbers up to date and keep track of who has been contacted and who hasn't.

DonorSnap review by Summer J.
Summer J.

"Great Tool for a Reasonable Price"

What do you like best?

DonorSnap has a lot of functionality for half the price of other databases. Very user friendly. We love not having to pay for additional site users.

What do you dislike?

When using the batch function to upload donations you cannot edit entries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for a small organization, but it definitely has the functionality to accommodate any size organization. I suggest this database to anyone!

Lapsed Donors. Great to use for running reports for events for invite list, etc. It has streamlined a lot of processes and made our lives easier.

DonorSnap review by Administrator

"User-Friendly and Great Support"

What do you like best?

DonorSnap provides all of the basics most organizations need to track fundraising activities, including gift tracking, pledge tracking, donor acknowledgements, and even automated notification to assigned solicitors! The import process was extremely quick and smooth, and the introductory training was terrific. It is a great value.

What do you dislike?

The look of the interface is a bit outdated (but that is certainly not a deal-breaker).

Recommendations to others considering the product

While DonorSnap may not be as robust as some donor management software, it has all of the features we need. (I have used some of the bigger ones, and they had more bells and whistles than we needed.) This system is great for a small organization, and grows with you.

More efficient tracking of donors and giving habits. (We were using spreadsheets before!)

DonorSnap review by Tabitha C.
Tabitha C.

"Donorsnap Novice "

What do you like best?

The ability to input vast amounts of data including contact information, donations, ticklers, and volunteer hours. Enabling our organization and each of our staff members to create custom reports that pull the data we need for grant writing, program tracking and so on.

What do you dislike?

How hard it is to locate some features of Donorsnap.

Data tracking and communication. As a nonprofit we frequently need to pull data about our programs in addition to all staff having the key information about our activities. Using Donorsnap allows us to stay on top of things and in the loop. So if one person does a task or communicates with a client they can note it in donorsnap under interactions and tickler to eliminate duplicate work.

DonorSnap review by Administrator

"Good Inexpensive Donor Software"

What do you like best?

When I first started using DonorSnap, I appreciated the online webinars that helped me familiarize myself with the program and its capabilities. Now, I often refer to the archived training webinars to learn how to do specific things. I have also found the support staff to be very responsive and helpful, even though it's all done through email. Overall, it is a fairly user-friendly program.

What do you dislike?

I have been frustrated when trying to get reporting on donation trends or multi-year donation info on individual donors. I wish there were more sophisticated donation/donor analysis reports.

We use DonorSnap to track contact and donor information for our school, as well as track interactions. We also use responsive forms to facilitate online donations.

DonorSnap review by Administrator

"I've found DonorSnap accessible, adaptable, and an amazing tool for our organization."

What do you like best?

By far the best element of DonorSnap is the training and prompt response and help one receives. Just knowing all those resources and support are there makes a huge difference. I also really appreciate how consistent and the program is, and that it's so easy to customize reports and screen-views from user-to-user.

What do you dislike?

It's minor, but the font used within the program sometimes looks outdated or is hard to read. The thing I dislike most about DonorSnap is not having enough time to nit-pick my own database in to perfection! :)

Before I began using DonorSnap several years ago, there was no system focused on tracking donor data being used in our organization. Moving to this system meant someone with the time and skills to cultivate donors had a way to generate timely thank you letters, track communications, run reports, and "connect the dots" on who our donors are, when and how they give, and what we're saying to them in the meantime.

DonorSnap review by Administrator

"Reasonable usability for the price"

What do you like best?

The price is very good, relative to the rest of the marketplace. I like the responsive forms and the way they look. Support is responsive.

What do you dislike?

The terms used are terms that DB Programmers use, not end users, so I had to learn what all their terminology meant. The reporting is very difficult to do. Even the easiest report where I applied basic logic and thought it would be correct, I had not done correctly. There have also been times when I had problems and instead of being told how to fix it, Support (specifically Mark Mueller) fixed it and didn't tell me what was wrong so I would know the next time. This had led me to believe that there are glitches in the database, because he wouldn't say what he fixed and every other time, he has told me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would wait to recommend until the reporting component is worked on to be more user friendly. Most of us are not programming Admins, we're just admins.

Tracking donors and interactions for each person. I'm not sure about the benefit but I would imagine it's the same benefit we had when we used other software. I've been at the organization since they've had Donorsnap.

DonorSnap review by Administrator

"Easy to use with great results"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly run reports and have a better understanding of where funds are allocated. This has allowed us to quickly be able to respond to donors and fundholders. In addition, just having the ability to update donor information in a way that is consistent and records information in a way that provides historical context.

What do you dislike?

Not very much at all! So far Donorsnap has suited our needs in every way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DonorSnap may not have the fancy bells & whistles and pretty screens of the other programs out there, but it is a basic program that is pretty powerful. It really does everything we want it to for a very reasonable price point

As previously mentioned, we are able to capture information related to donors and quickly respond to their inquiries. In addition, we have been able to capture some information, such as ticket sales, that were not previously being recorded in a manner that connected them to the donor in our previous database (excel spreadsheet). Therefore our records of donations is more accurate than it had been in the past.

DonorSnap review by User

"Snap your fingers and you are done"

What do you like best?

I love the fact it is so easy and fast to use. I fought updating our system since I put all the donations

in. LOL now it is the quickest nicest system to use. You bet once in a while you may have a problem

but I have found not to be afraid and make a mistake to figure it out. You can fix anything.

This system has cut my time more then in half during our large campaigns I can't imagine not having it

I LOVE IT

What do you dislike?

Not able to edit not delete but edit before I post

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would go for it. Help setting you up is outstanding. You are a phone call away for help.

It will improve you daily out put. For years during our large Campaigns, my over time doubled

Not now. Last Holiday campaign no over time was needed.

Sending thank you letters out daily. Donor love getting letters and with a snap of a finger (so to say) I can have 100 letters printed in less the 4 minutes.

DonorSnap review by User

"Very Limited as a Fundraising Database"

What do you like best?

web-based; ability to add a new address under Address tab, set the default one; city and state auto-populate with a zip code; ability to set up recurring giving

What do you dislike?

No moves management (need to track relationship building and solicitations with constituents); wish for household records – different records for spouses and ability to send mailings to the household – easier to collect and record personal information (date of birth, education, employer, etc.); tribute gifts is not something that’s already set up – no ability to mark records as honorees; no events module (need to sell tickets, run reports for attendees, track expenses); no gift membership option; wish notes weren’t already expanded – wish you clicked on them to expand; spacing on Responsive Forms is odd

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very limited database if you want to use it for fundraising. I'm not sure how often they come up with updates, but I haven't seen any in the last year that I've used it. It may work fine for an organization just needing to compile information on constituents.

collecting information on constituents and sending regular mailings (membership renewals, events updates, solicitations)

DonorSnap review by Administrator

"Great Program for Any Non-Profit"

What do you like best?

Donor Snap is highly intuitive and customizable to fit the needs of your non-profit. I love how easy it is to receipt donors, keep track of different appeals, and set up reminders. Customer service is also the best I've ever experienced!

What do you dislike?

The DataMiner Platinum feature is a bit confusing at first, but there are a ton of videos to help with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot recommend it enough! I recomment DonorSnap to all my non-profit colleagues. They worked with us extremely closely to set up our site so that it worked for our school. They even called me with corrections they noticed when I accidentally set something up wrong. Their customer service goes above and beyond. I once e-mailed to ask how to create mailing labels for a newsletter. Within an hour, they e-mailed me a detailed list of steps and even had an attached PDF with my mailing labels! There are a ton of webinars and help videos. Great company!

It is multi-user so my assistant and I can each login to look at donor information at the same time. The search feature allows you to easily find donations by check number. The program is very intuitive and can be used to send e-mails, create mailing labels, etc.

DonorSnap review by Tamara J.
Tamara J.

"Very happy with DonorSnap software and service"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of use and pricing. We are a smaller non profit that relies on volunteers and therefore have multiple people end up using the software. It was easy to customize it for our needs and then have the various volunteers entering donor information, donations, process our mailings, etc.. We do our donation acknowledgements, year end donor statements, on line form processing and integration with Constant Contact mailing list through DonorSnap.

What do you dislike?

We would like to have a mobile app but understand that they are working on one. We would also like an integrated auction management system. We've looked at available products and because our event is small we need something that will be only a few hundred dollars a year to justify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really need to look at the software and decide if it does what you want.

Timely acknowledgement of all donations; Timely notification of Board Members automatically of donations received from key donors; organization of all of our Donor records.

DonorSnap review by Garrett S.
Garrett S.

"We use DonorSnap as our primary, and only, CRM."

What do you like best?

It's streamlined, so very little clutter (unlike Salesforce, which I've used at two previous jobs). Reports are easy (if not fantastic), and building custom ones is intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There's a lack of power when it comes to reporting (compared to Salesforce, for example). In fact, one of their tutorials actually instructs you to export several reports to Excel for comparison since certain things can't be done within the program. I also wish that donations could be processed within DonorSnap as it'd cut out a step and save time. The search function is also very basic, so sifting through results is often required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would first determine what kind of reporting you'll be doing most frequently. From there investigate CRMs to see which one is best for you. (DonorSnap is great for keeping records, but that's probably only a sliver of what you want from your CRM.)

We're using DonorSnap to track donors in order to do basic housekeeping things, but we'd really like to use it more toward analysis. How we can do that is still being ascertained, but I don't believe it's impossible.

DonorSnap review by Kate M.
Kate M.

"Donorsnap for nonprofit Review"

What do you like best?

The Customer support is pretty great - they always get back to me within a few hours. As I use Donorsnap more I have realized how customizable the program is. Using it to its full potential will be great for our organization.

What do you dislike?

I think some of the features are not entirely intuitive.

We are better able to track giving activity and have recently realized the benefits of sustained giving and goal-setting.

DonorSnap review by User

"User Friendly Donor Tracking"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of ways to search for donor and donation information to build reports. I love the ability to customize my dashboard, forms, reports, etc. I appreciate having help videos and PDF outlines of the videos.

What do you dislike?

Although there is a large amount of information in the help tab, the search function is not user-friendly or intuitive. I find I waste lots of time trying to find the answer to seemingly simple questions on the help site. Maybe the answer is there??...but I almost never find what I need. My supervisor and I will often email support to get answers to questions that are probably buried somewhere in the help site.

~Are donors increasing or decreasing their giving levels

~Which appeals and campaigns have the greatest response rate

~Seeing how involved our donors are in our fundraising campaigns

DonorSnap review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"GREAT for nonprofits!"

What do you like best?

Keeps everything in one place. Can email from program. Easy to keep track of contacts with each donor or potential donors. Easy to see how much a donor has donated throughout their contact with your organization; easy to see all donations; many report formats available.

What do you dislike?

Wish everything were more customizable (even "main" things). Wish it were a little easier to use/look at - looks very elementary (but works great).

Problems Solved: Past donations from people we haven't heard from in a while; easy to pull reports for these and send email. Keep track of donations from people.

Benefits: Email capability

DonorSnap review by Administrator

"intuitive and great customer service"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate that when I need help, the support team is very quick to answer emails to help me configure a specific donor list or report

What do you dislike?

I wish that when I opened a donor's listing, that any tab that had information stored in it would be highlighted, so that I would know immediately that there is info that may be helpful to access. It would cut down on time opening the notes tab or other tabs if there is nothing there yet to access..

The reports available are helpful for letting our CFO know specifics of what is happening.

DonorSnap review by Christopher D.
Christopher D.

"Efficient, user friendly, and streamlined."

What do you like best?

It is easy to search up contacts and merge existing contacts in the donor system. The ability to generate mass letters to donors makes my job so much easier. The help center is great. If I run into any issues, I'm certain I can find the answer I'm seeking through easy to follow step by step videos.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I have many major complaints. The only complaint I have is in regards to the mail merger function. For the criteria Total donations YTD, the system generates the donation amount, but with 4 extra 0's at the end for example... $250.0000 I can't seem to resolve this issue.

We are streamlining our donor management. Our previous database, would not supply detailed records of donor giving. We had to search by phone number. Being able to search via name and organization makes it so much easier. DonorSnap has increased donor relation because we can see who exactly is giving, and how in a simple and easy to understand format. In addition we can give them the thanks and credit they deserve with the mass mailing system.

DonorSnap review by Julie M.
Julie M.

"Low Cost, easy to learn, not cumbersome donation tracking and CRM software"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I have the capacity to make changes in the database and I don't need to call someone for every change i want to make. I like the fact that I can format different reports

What do you dislike?

I don't think the reporting piece (donorPlatinum) is easy to follow. The "SUM" and "MAX" features aren't well explained.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always recommend DonorSnap. While I knew the product help was mostly on-line (and the on-line help is great), the customer service via email is quick and good.

No problems. I can provide monthly reports to my board which I like.

DonorSnap review by Val R.
Val R.

"Mixed experience. "

What do you like best?

Like the ability to affiliate records and assign soft credits. Like the ticklers. Like being able to link donations to pledges. Like batch updating of interactions and easy merger of duplicate records. The online help - text, video, email is good.

What do you dislike?

Hate the online card processor - Global Payments. Can not contact them to resolve many, many issues with card processing. This has wrecked our auto-donation program. The claimed "automatic" integration of payments and event attendance actually requires many manual steps to avoid creating duplicate records. "Integration" with Constant Contact is very simplistic and not tremendously helpful. Certain queries that I want, combining interaction and donation data are just not possible because of the database structure. Various little bits of code are broken and that's annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an ok entry level system.

This was a decent transition from what we had before - a custom built FileMaker Pro system but we've outgrown it in 2 years. We need more sophisticated communications integration and queries. Being locked in to the horrible payment processor is a deal-breaker.

DonorSnap review by Will M.
Will M.

"Everything you need in a donor database, but lacks sparkle"

What do you like best?

A comprehensive donor database tool that has everything you need in one place. I most appreciate the ability to integrate with your own website and an online merchant services system, where donors (or attendees at your annual fundraiser) can directly make donations, buy tickets and all of their information is directly populated in DonorSnap.

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn't as sleek and modern as what you would expect from a contemporary website. The font is small and it looks like a Web 1.0 format- small, difficult to scroll through drop-down menus; counter intuitive navigation; some level of technical ability to learn how to use and manage your database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clearly the most affordable product on the market- but be prepared to set aside time to learn how to use it; to do a comprehensive set-up

We were able to easily sell tickets to our annual fundraiser through DonorSnap. This is our organizations first consolidated database but it is time consuming to update and maintain, although we know the effort will pay off in the long run.

DonorSnap review by Matt F.
Matt F.

"Simplified Tracking and Report Generation"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how simplified the user interface is and how easy it is to make the user interface your own. The ability to customize every aspect of the system is my absolute favorite feature. Beyond that, the quick and easy way to produce reports for our accountants have been a major help. Our auditor has even recommended the product to other non-profits because of how much he liked the reports we gave him.

What do you dislike?

Very little. I have two small gripes. One, I would be the inability to integrate with marketing platforms other than Constant Contact. While I appreciate that this is a logistical decision on DonorSnap's part, it is my only real issue. Two, I do not really like the way the online forms appear on our website. They look out-dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it. You will not be disappointed.

The time saved from producing donation acknowledgements has been immense! This has been the greatest benefit realized. This alone has been worth every penny spent.

DonorSnap review by Administrator

"A comprehensive site for contact management and more."

What do you like best?

Donor Snap enables us to track everything we need to know about our "constituents". It also allows us to easily receive donations and manage memberships. Also, online tutorials are excellent and requests for help are quickly responded to.

What do you dislike?

Because it is so comprehensive, it is sometimes a bit difficult to navigate. I would also like the ability to "undo" changes, which would be useful if something gets messed up (like by one of our volunteers).

We are able to keep track of constituents and our interactions. We can raise money and add new contacts in one step.

DonorSnap review by Administrator

"Not a bad system, could be easier to use"

What do you like best?

Keeping track of donors and donations ongoing. This system is nice when we go to reconcile each month of the donations that came in so the business office has an accurate balance as well by running a monthly report.

What do you dislike?

The customization of reports should be easier but I do know they are working on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fill in every field possible when entering info because you don’t want to have to go back to upload. The nice though is that if you decide you want to cumulatively add in fields you can use the mass upload through excel, it can be a little cumbersome but easier than going into each contact individually.

Keeping track of the donors and what they have given is a good feature for what we need as a Foundation.

"Good Database"

What do you like best?

DonorSnap is very easy to use and easy to learn. We use it to track donations and volunteer hours. It is very easy to set up different reports for different donor information.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I have come across yet that I dislike. If I come across something that I am not sure on, I click on the Help Site and can usually figure it out from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

We are able to keep track of donors as well as volunteers and their hours of service. It is very easy to create and run any report needed for these purposes. I found that we don't need as many spreadsheets as we previously had because we are able to customize reports to fit our needs.

DonorSnap review by Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Everything is very user friendly, and if you don't know how to do something, all the help videos are great!

What do you dislike?

So far I havent found anything I really dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You will be surprised how helpful it is!

Benefits - Very easy to see which areas of the College are getting the most/least funds

DonorSnap review by Nancy L.
Nancy L.

"Easy donor software"

What do you like best?

The ease of using it and creating pages how you like to use them. The reporting features are very customizable and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

better follow-up options. Limited space on donor information page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use for a small organization or busy. Not the best CRM software out there but very affordable.

Better donor management.

DonorSnap review by Catrice G.
Catrice G.

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it is very user friendly and alerts you if something does not seem right.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I do not like is toggling between the different screens such as if I'm in donations, I wish I did not have to do back to listings for the next person to put in their donation. But that is minor.

Tracking the amount of volunteer hours that are coming in and also donations from different events. We realized how you can compare years in data miner and love it.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

We use Donorsnap to record all donor information, we like the updated contact merger. We like that you can affiliate contacts. We love that we can download large batches of contacts and check for duplications. We loved using the Mass Email Campaign!

What do you dislike?

We used the Contribution Statement this year and it was great but the only thing we did not like about it was the look and not being able to add our logo and change the font. We would like it to look more like a letter and be able to add a few words.

It is great to have all donors history of donations and how they payed in case they reach out to us we can give them a full history of all there donations

Learn more about DonorSnap

DonorSnap Videos

Learning about DonorSnap?

* We monitor all DonorSnap reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.