dotloop

dotloop provides online software that handles real estate transactions from offer to close, including free unlimited electronic signatures, pdf storage, 3rd party sharing and task manager.

Work for dotloop?

Learning about dotloop?

dotloop Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 77 dotloop reviews
dotloop review by <span>Lynne K.</span>
Lynne K.

Not Bad, But Cumbersome Compared to Similar Products

What do you like best?

The ability to manage a real estate transaction and store documents all in one place, including obtaining digital signatures from clients as needed on contracts and forms. It's also nice that you can add others by email address and assign them a role. As an organizational tool, it's not bad, it's the digital signing process that was the biggest turn off for me.

What do you dislike?

The digital signing portion of this program is very cumbersome on both my end and the clients end compared to programs like DocuSign, which is the product the real estate team I work for has switched to for obtaining e-signatures. Also, the biggest problem I have is any document that has been digitally signed gives great difficulties when you try to print it. The first page will print just fine, but the remaining pages print incorrectly unless you send them one page at a time to the printer, which can be very time consuming with a large contract or document packet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product works, but we've found there are better ones out there.

I still use dotloop when agents on the other side of a real estate transaction want to use it for document management, especially if that's the only tool that agent seems comfortable with. But, I found there were other programs I can use that are easier to use for both me and my clients for both managing a real estate transaction and for e-signatures, so when it's my choice, I don't use dotloop much anymore.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about dotloop
dotloop review by <span>Israel G.</span>
Israel G.

Overdeveloped, Missing Simple Key Features

What do you like best?

If it worked, you could keep your docs, signing and transactions in once place. Pretty interface and helpful tech for filling documents and allowing 3rd party users to fill documents.

What do you dislike?

Non-intuitive. Things that should be simple and take ten minutes are very convoluted and take hours. The signing process is puzzling and Dotloop expects non-users to somehow know what to expect from its software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can find a better solution in today's market place. When you factor in the price and the need for additional software for CRM and Accounting functionality, the value of Dotloop is heavily diminished. Especially after going through several weeks of painfully trying to integrate the software into my brokerage.

Transaction Management & Signing. Unfortunately, few benefits so far aside from having live docs that can be autofilled fairly easily. The signing process is abhorent.

What Real Estate Activities Management solution do you use?

dotloop review by <span>Siobhan B.</span>
Siobhan B.

Top njotch software for real estate agents

What do you like best?

I really like the concept of loops within the software. It makes it easy to organize and manage multiple real estate transactions at the same time. Additinally, the ability to fill and sign within the software really helps us to save time and money.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is sometimes the fields the signer has to complete aren't very easily visible. For example, the date field always gets skipped over by my clients. The software doesn't highlight these fields, so if they neglect to fill them out, I have to search through the document to find them and notify the client. This can become tedious both for myself and my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is a definite must for real estate agents and their assistants. It makes life so much easier, and enables us to have access to digital copies of all our important paperwork from anywhere with internet access.

Prior to using digital signature software, we had to get every signature by hand or ship off documents and pay for overnight deliveries. Now we can get signatures from our clients around the globe. The biggest benefit is the time savings that Dotloop afford us. Time is money!

dotloop review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

Very organized program

What do you like best?

I absolutely love using dotloop! It keeps all your files organized by the address of the listing its for so you never mix up your forms. I find it very easy to add new forms and share with clients. I've never had an issue on my end but I have had clients have issues Where they weren't allowed to fill in random lines or had issues signing in. However that could have been user error and not so much a dotloop issue. Overall I love it and am so happy my office has it!

What do you dislike?

A few of my clients had issues logging so I'm not sure if it might be a little Confusing on their end. They also would occasionally have random areas of forms that dotloop would not allow them to fill out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

No more mixing up files and forms! Because dot loop organizes by address, we can make sure everything is where it should be. Plus the option to make pre-made templates with all the forms for certain transaction types makes life a breeze.

dotloop review by <span>Tom P.</span>
Tom P.

Easy to use and learn.

What do you like best?

Having predefined templates allows you to easily create a new loop with the document you will need for a particular type of transaction. It is also flexible in that it allows you to upload PDFs and drag them on top of its respective dotLoop document (and replace the existing doc) if you're working with a mix of external and dotLoop documents.

What do you dislike?

The main problem that I've run into is that it requires all clients to have their own email addresses in order to allow them to e-sign documents. I have older clients who share an email which does not work for dotLoop. The other issue I've run into is with other agents not wanting to use any other system than what they normally use and are comfortable with. I recently had a listing agent ask that I not use dotLoop and that I recreate all my documents in CTMe which we are trying to move away from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware of the limitations going in...particularly that everyone who uses the system needs to have their own unique email address. It's not a problem for most people, but a lot of older people share a single email address. There are work arounds for this situation, but some of them involve going all the way backwards to physically signing, scanning and uploading the executed documents which is exactly what we're all trying to get away from.

Streamlining the transaction filing requirements of our state real estate commission with an integrated e-signature contracts system. In the past, this has been a multiple step process that we have to hound our agents to comply with. The promise of dotLoop is that once the contracts are created and e-signed, the file is complete and can be submitted for review and approval and they're done.

dotloop review by <span>Lindsay M.</span>
Lindsay M.

Great system for keeping files organized!

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Allows us to fully house all our client files, making sure we don't lose anything.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to have 2 signers on 1 email address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great system to house all your files so that you have them in the future and don't have to have paper files. Also, you are able to see signature trails etc.

Using less paper, making sure files are complete. Great way to have all historical documentation saved (and not lost).

Learning about dotloop?

* We monitor all dotloop reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.