dotloop

4.0

dotloop provides online software that handles real estate transactions from offer to close, including free unlimited electronic signatures, pdf storage, 3rd party sharing and task manager.

Work for dotloop?

Learning about dotloop?

dotloop Reviews

Showing 89 dotloop reviews
dotloop review by Lynne K.
Lynne K.

"Not Bad, But Cumbersome Compared to Similar Products"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage a real estate transaction and store documents all in one place, including obtaining digital signatures from clients as needed on contracts and forms. It's also nice that you can add others by email address and assign them a role. As an organizational tool, it's not bad, it's the digital signing process that was the biggest turn off for me.

What do you dislike?

The digital signing portion of this program is very cumbersome on both my end and the clients end compared to programs like DocuSign, which is the product the real estate team I work for has switched to for obtaining e-signatures. Also, the biggest problem I have is any document that has been digitally signed gives great difficulties when you try to print it. The first page will print just fine, but the remaining pages print incorrectly unless you send them one page at a time to the printer, which can be very time consuming with a large contract or document packet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product works, but we've found there are better ones out there.

I still use dotloop when agents on the other side of a real estate transaction want to use it for document management, especially if that's the only tool that agent seems comfortable with. But, I found there were other programs I can use that are easier to use for both me and my clients for both managing a real estate transaction and for e-signatures, so when it's my choice, I don't use dotloop much anymore.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about dotloop
dotloop review by Israel G.
Israel G.

"Overdeveloped, Missing Simple Key Features"

What do you like best?

If it worked, you could keep your docs, signing and transactions in once place. Pretty interface and helpful tech for filling documents and allowing 3rd party users to fill documents.

What do you dislike?

Non-intuitive. Things that should be simple and take ten minutes are very convoluted and take hours. The signing process is puzzling and Dotloop expects non-users to somehow know what to expect from its software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can find a better solution in today's market place. When you factor in the price and the need for additional software for CRM and Accounting functionality, the value of Dotloop is heavily diminished. Especially after going through several weeks of painfully trying to integrate the software into my brokerage.

Transaction Management & Signing. Unfortunately, few benefits so far aside from having live docs that can be autofilled fairly easily. The signing process is abhorent.

What Real Estate Activities Management solution do you use?

dotloop review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"An Amazing Transaction Management Service"

What do you like best?

Dotloop is an incredibly effective way to manage a real estate transaction from start to finish. From the beginning of a transaction, we are able to upload all necessary documents, pre-filled in, and setup signatures incredibly easily and efficiently. After the initial documents are complete, dotloop makes it easy to add or change documents and collect any signatures moving forward. It also is the perfect place to store all documentation for every transaction that our company executes. On top of everything listed above, we are also able to submit the transactions for final review/audit, and get them closed out and paid out in an efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing that I dislike about dotloop.

Dotloop allows us to fully manage a real estate transaction from start to finish all in one place. From drafting documents, to collecting signatures, to auditing a final file, everything can be done in one place.

dotloop review by Siobhan B.
Siobhan B.

"Top njotch software for real estate agents"

What do you like best?

I really like the concept of loops within the software. It makes it easy to organize and manage multiple real estate transactions at the same time. Additinally, the ability to fill and sign within the software really helps us to save time and money.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is sometimes the fields the signer has to complete aren't very easily visible. For example, the date field always gets skipped over by my clients. The software doesn't highlight these fields, so if they neglect to fill them out, I have to search through the document to find them and notify the client. This can become tedious both for myself and my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is a definite must for real estate agents and their assistants. It makes life so much easier, and enables us to have access to digital copies of all our important paperwork from anywhere with internet access.

Prior to using digital signature software, we had to get every signature by hand or ship off documents and pay for overnight deliveries. Now we can get signatures from our clients around the globe. The biggest benefit is the time savings that Dotloop afford us. Time is money!

"Very organized program"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love using dotloop! It keeps all your files organized by the address of the listing its for so you never mix up your forms. I find it very easy to add new forms and share with clients. I've never had an issue on my end but I have had clients have issues Where they weren't allowed to fill in random lines or had issues signing in. However that could have been user error and not so much a dotloop issue. Overall I love it and am so happy my office has it!

What do you dislike?

A few of my clients had issues logging so I'm not sure if it might be a little Confusing on their end. They also would occasionally have random areas of forms that dotloop would not allow them to fill out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

No more mixing up files and forms! Because dot loop organizes by address, we can make sure everything is where it should be. Plus the option to make pre-made templates with all the forms for certain transaction types makes life a breeze.

dotloop review by Tom P.
Tom P.

"Easy to use and learn. "

What do you like best?

Having predefined templates allows you to easily create a new loop with the document you will need for a particular type of transaction. It is also flexible in that it allows you to upload PDFs and drag them on top of its respective dotLoop document (and replace the existing doc) if you're working with a mix of external and dotLoop documents.

What do you dislike?

The main problem that I've run into is that it requires all clients to have their own email addresses in order to allow them to e-sign documents. I have older clients who share an email which does not work for dotLoop. The other issue I've run into is with other agents not wanting to use any other system than what they normally use and are comfortable with. I recently had a listing agent ask that I not use dotLoop and that I recreate all my documents in CTMe which we are trying to move away from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware of the limitations going in...particularly that everyone who uses the system needs to have their own unique email address. It's not a problem for most people, but a lot of older people share a single email address. There are work arounds for this situation, but some of them involve going all the way backwards to physically signing, scanning and uploading the executed documents which is exactly what we're all trying to get away from.

Streamlining the transaction filing requirements of our state real estate commission with an integrated e-signature contracts system. In the past, this has been a multiple step process that we have to hound our agents to comply with. The promise of dotLoop is that once the contracts are created and e-signed, the file is complete and can be submitted for review and approval and they're done.

"Bad interface"

What do you like best?

I like that dotloop has all of my forms ready to go where I can just fill in the blanks.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. I hate how you cant actually delete a transaction once you're done with it. I hate that dotloop sells client information. I hate how you have to create an account to even access a dotloop document. I hate how when you try to forward a document saved from dotloop on a phone, instead of sending as a pdf, it sends a link, which the client can then not open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it. Stick with a different program.

None. Dotloop has actually complicated things more. I will stick with my TN Realtors transaction desk and Skyslope instead.

dotloop review by Administrator

"Dotloop for Teams"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, instant turnaround times (whenever possible), and excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

Changing users while in a loop is cumbersome. As a team user, I may be in a loop for a buyer's agent and want to view the loop from my own profile. When I switch to my profile, I'm kicked out of that loop and have to search for it again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dotloop has a ton of training available as well as excellent telephone customer service with reasonable business hours. It's a huge time saver.

I recommend the team feature because when you are ad admin for several agents, you need to be able to bounce around quickly rather than using multiple browsers or other workarounds.

Absolute time saver.

dotloop review by Lindsay M.
Lindsay M.

"Great system for keeping files organized!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Allows us to fully house all our client files, making sure we don't lose anything.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to have 2 signers on 1 email address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great system to house all your files so that you have them in the future and don't have to have paper files. Also, you are able to see signature trails etc.

Using less paper, making sure files are complete. Great way to have all historical documentation saved (and not lost).

User in Real Estate

"It's a fast easy way to get electronic signatures."

What do you like best?

You can keep all documents together and keep everyone in the loop up to date of what is needed and what is done. Fast easy way to get electronic signatures.

What do you dislike?

I wish you can save the content that is in your emails in the loop like a similar product called Appfiles. Maybe also be able to create a checklist for each folder and be able to check off what is completed and be able to see what is still needed. Also I notice that the loops will have different colors, not sure what they mean?!?! But if the loop can have a different color to show an active loop, closed looped, dead file, that would be great! We can choose what color represents what.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its easy to use.

Keep all the documents together in one storage place. Being able to get electronic signatures and sending messages through the loop with the admin.

dotloop review by Clayton M.
Clayton M.

"Quick and easy to get docs signed"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to send you documents off to your clients and be able to get signatures on the documents in a very QUICK time. You are able to track many LOOPS all at one time and the design of the front page makes it very easy to track your loops, status of the current loop and also easy to find which loops need attention or have updates to them. When a loop needs attention or the status changes you get notified and are able to see what was changed or needs to be addressed. Its a great tool to use.

What do you dislike?

When adding the signatures I wish there was a way that you could select the client and then be able to add multiple signatures of the person. The hard part is assigning the person each time and then having to go back and add the next person. I also wish they would allow us to send the emails out in order so you could send it to your clients then once it comes back from both of those it would send out to the next person, and you could send them in an order instead of having to go back in to then share the doc with the other real estate agent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great system to use if you need signatures or initials.

loops have disappeared before or have had issues with finding our loops.

dotloop review by Patrick T.
Patrick T.

"Dotloop Review"

What do you like best?

I like how in can incorporate with other systems for example the Keller Williams System

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to figure out how to navigate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To the time ti figure out how to navigate using the training. If you company offer training take advantage of it and it will make the process very simple.

I like how its easy to use. You can just fill in the blanks keep it moving and add everyone who needs to be added in order to use the system.

dotloop review by Kristen J.
Kristen J.

"User friendly and professionl"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and simple for my clients to understand. Layout is simple and clean which keeps distractions to a minimum. With the premium feature that I use their are no ads or third party input which I appreciate. I also like that so many of us can work on the same document at the same time. I, as the realtor, have access, I can send it so my clients, I can have the title company receive their copy, our lawyer can review the document and I can also send it to those who aren't my clients.

What do you dislike?

An app that shows my "to-do" list from DotLoop would be amazing! I'd like to be able to customize the document a bit more before it generates. That would save me the time that it takes to go back in and really detail the document.

I work for Keller WIlliams and I do wish that they would sync our systems a bit more. I have to create a new database inside of the Loop but I also have those clients and their information saved elsewhere. I wish it was all in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

App!

It helps to streamline my transactions so I always am on top of what needs to be completed next. It also creates a medium that is so simple for my clients to understand and they can get their documents signed and returned to me no matter where they are. I've had nothing but good feedback!

dotloop review by Adi K.
Adi K.

"Good system but missing some key ingredients"

What do you like best?

The templating system and repeatability are great. If used correctly everyone in an office will be doing the same thing every time.

What do you dislike?

People arent treated as people by the system. If you do a second transaction with the same person all of their data has to be re-entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the initial setup is done correctly.

This company has gone completely paperless. It makes tracking a lot easier.

dotloop review by Anja W.
Anja W.

"Dotloop streamlines it all!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using dotloop because my clients find it easy to use! They can receive and sign documents on their phone, computer, or any other device. I also like the fact that we can assign tasks to ourselves and clients. It goes a long way towards helping us stay on top of what needs to be done.

What do you dislike?

Our real estate association has not adopted Dotloop as the standard. For every document currently, I have to upload it into templates and edit it. It would be nice if BNAR integrated with Dotloop so the forms that we use in Western New York were already in its system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version and use it for at least 5 deals. It is easy to learn and by the 5th deal you will want to upgrade.

We're always focused on creating a smooth sales process for buyers and sellers. We benefit from a faster closing time and clear follow-up with team members and clients.

User in Real Estate

"Good product for sharing in larger groups, but not great user interface."

What do you like best?

Dotloop is helpful if several people need to review a document and require commentary. Footnotes section is very helpful to allow for commentary throughout document without marking up actual item.

What do you dislike?

User interface is a little bit cluttered and not as user friendly and clear as it could be. Emails sent when a Dotloop file is shared is confusing at first and takes time to understand for immediate recipient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer training to employees on how to best maximize use of Dotloop to preserve efficiency of operations and better comprehension of features.

Dotloop is great for allowing communication between employees and employers, or some form of peer to peer editing. Enables managers to communicate with employees in effective way without having the hassle of phone calls/text messages and lengthy email threads.

dotloop review by Jenna S.
Jenna S.

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

Makes contract signing very simple and it’s user friendly for my clients!

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if it is a setting by my broker, but I can’t delete loops that I don’t want anymore. Also, the app version is VERY slow.

E-signing is 20x easier and more convenient for all parties involved! Also like that you can see history on each document and whether they have been viewed by the other party.

dotloop review by Sukhi G.
Sukhi G.

"Great for submitting contracts!"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to digitally have my customers sign the contracts from the comfort of their home. I no longer have to go through the process of going to their houses with the written contracts and then faxing them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing! Everything about it is great and easy to use!

It is a lot faster, more convenient, saving a lot of time with having to go to the office and customers houses.

dotloop review by Eric B. S.
Eric B. S.

"A Useful Tool for Real Estate Transaction Management"

What do you like best?

Dotloop simplifies the process of closing a real estate transaction.

What do you dislike?

The application requires an email address from all parties to facilitate e-signing of documents. Clients sometimes are intimidated by the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend a few training Webinars and practice with a test account.

Dotloop consolidates the myriad forms required in a real estate transaction and lets you manage the entire process within the app.

dotloop review by Jacob R.
Jacob R.

"I use Dotloop for my real estate transactions"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ease of sharing with clients and colleagues. I love the iPhone app.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to select all of the initials or signatures in a multi page document to assign them to a particular user. I dislike being unable to archive loops. Only my market center (kw) can archive loops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find this product very easy to use once you get the the hang of it. I enjoy the mobile app and the notifications I receive from the app. I have some complaints from clients who can't figure out where to sign and who sign the wrong place, or who think they've signed buy really haven't.

I'm able to send and receive documents with the people who need to see them.

dotloop review by Shannon E.
Shannon E.

"Super easy to learn!"

What do you like best?

Everything! I love how we can insert entire listing or buyer templates. I like how we can share just one specific document. More than anything it is so convenient to have electronic signatures. It saves a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

This program has been such a huge time saver and has a lot of features that are great. One thing that could be time saving is just being able to drag a document to another folder in the same loop instead of having to copy it and find the loop, etc.

Saving time! No more scurrying to get signatures. it very convenient to have all your documents in one place that will be there for a long period of time.

dotloop review by Shea S.
Shea S.

"Awesome features, poor execution. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy having a paperless document management platform. It is great they have your own feature to scan in a document using a mobile device. Setting up templates is a nice feature, and being able to track sales and the amount of contracts you're writing is very handy. Awesome to be able to submit files to brokers, and receive approval.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything, I find the website sometimes lagging in speed, I like all the features, but the execution seems poor. Mobile integration seems like almost an after thought, there are many features that are available on desktop, but not in mobile. Mobile signing support was a nightmare when I tried to facilitate a contract signing on my mobile device, I was terribly embarrassed. Site design is just simply not user friendly and isn't intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Docusign is about a hundred times easier to use, if what they offer can satisfy your needs, I would go that direction, I enjoyed using that much more at my previous brokerage.

Communicating records to a broker, and the ability to access documents at my fingertips are the benefits of the product.

Administrator in Real Estate

"A true lifesaver for anyone who needs/does Transaction Management"

What do you like best?

Top Features:

- Ability to loop anyone into a loop and un-loop them if something falls through!

- History tab

- Fax Function

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, but there are some functions that I think should be implemented:

- I wish that loops could be adjusted into alphabetical order

- I wish there was a way that they could remove some one from your 'Team' in the case of an unfortunate 'emergency' situation.

- I wish it would be easier to have multiple transactions under a single folder, without having to go in and update all the data

- There is the ability to send faxes out, but I wish we could also receive faxes into each loop

- I wish you could customize the 'default' messages that are sent out

- I would love to be able to use this product in other transaction ways, but the labels are strictly for real estate

This program is a fantastic way to keep everything in one location - I can be on vacation and still be able to handle business easily and effectively.

dotloop review by User

"DotLoop Review"

What do you like best?

I like that there is an easy to use app for things that I am away from my computer.

What do you dislike?

I mainly dislike that this is a Zillow product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that they look long and hard at other platforms for esignatures. I am considering making the change to DocuSign. I am uncomfortable with the fact that the real estate industry continues to give so much information to Zillow, considering that this company will likely be the biggest benefactor in making the real estate profession obselete.

The benefit of DotLoop is that not clients can easily sign documents

dotloop review by Jeanie B.
Jeanie B.

"Quick and easy "

What do you like best?

It's so easy and convenient especially when dealing with out of town clients. I love the fact that you can send a contract, call the clients and have it back in your folder before you finish the conversation. It's very easy to upload templates, scanned documents or even emailed documents.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to add initial and signature boxes to the documents. Our contracts have several boxes that require initials and signature and it takes some time to assign each section. It would be nice if we could select a name and then go through document and click on each space and it autofill the initial or signature box.

Makes it easier to deal with relocated clients.

dotloop review by Derek A. C.
Derek A. C.

"Dotloop can be great for template docs but difficult if attempting to add in additional info"

What do you like best?

I like that allows for multiple template docs to be sent and filled in simultaneously. It allows the user to send a package to current or prospective clients with relative ease.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to add in supplemental information or to make significant changes to a template.

Benefit by utilizing the e-sign software and the ability to forward a good amount of documents at once, as opposed to single document at a time.

"Dotloop "

What do you like best?

I love that all my transactions are at my fingertips, whether I'm at home or on the road. I can use any computer, tablet or phone to access everything I need. I also love that each folder has it's own photo to easily find what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

I occasionally have had trouble editing on phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Will revolutionize the way you do business!

It keeps everyone in the loop, and I am able to see when someone else views something I have sent. This allows me to properly followup and not allow another person to claim they didn't receive.

User in Real Estate

"Easy to use, but lacks more advanced features"

What do you like best?

Of all real estate software, dotloop's user interface is certainly more modern, appealing, and intuitive than most. The visual representation of deals is consistent with mobile-first development, rather than old fashioned CRM systems that look like they were built in 1995. It's easy to add and manage new contacts (lenders, title company, parties like buyers or sellers) and to send documents back and forth. The setup for electornic signature is pretty good too, though not as easy as Hellosign and others.

What do you dislike?

dotloop could definitely use more features and more icons or visuals to help you know exactly where a transaction is in the lifecycle. The checklist features and more advanced offerings could be good but aren't accessible to free users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be mindful of their ownership by ZIllow. This may significantly change their features, the security and privacy of your data, and the goals of the software platform.

Managing transaction parties and documents in one place, electronic signature and delivery of documents, online document storage and backup, etc.

"Dotloop is Excellent"

What do you like best?

User friendly, from a real estate agent's perspective, ability to customize templates for our company, easily accessible from app & web versions, ability to collaborate with other agents in a transaction. E-sign process is very simple & straight forward for clients.

What do you dislike?

Program notifies other agents when I create purchase docs for their listing. Email & addresses don't populate back into the "people" section unless fully entered the first time.

Huge time saver to create documents, obtain client signatures, share documents with other agents, lenders, brokers, escrow company, etc. Benefits clients by saving their time as well.

User in Real Estate

"Streamlined Processing with Paperless Filing"

What do you like best?

As my title would suggest, I love how it streamlines the process throughout our entire transaction. Being able to utilize such user friendly software really makes each contact a breeze. I love how easy it is to download, share, and sign documents. Since being accustomed to such software, I can't imagine going back to the day of paper.

What do you dislike?

I have stumbled upon issues of misplacing loops. I am unable to search under my agent profile for the loop, yet no settings have been changed as far as the status of the loop goes. Even with all categories checked, they vanish. Our administrative team will have to intervene at that point with their team loop.

We found that it's becoming so popular, that it's effortless to share documents or obtain signatures from co-op agents. Having the activity log helps to when recalling what's been done already.

dotloop review by ILONA N.
ILONA N.

"I totally love Dotloop!"

What do you like best?

Fast signing, easy to use and download, clients don't have to print and scan documents that always took a while. And it's paper saving! Go green with dotloop!

What do you dislike?

Not always can put access properly and can't combine two agents included in the same doc with common rights. Not always having a client email in case if we represent only one part. So their agents create their own loops and it becomes a loop mess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only safety recommendation with email access.

I totally use dotloop in my real estate transactions. My clients sign fast, it's easy to share, everyone envolved and can bee in loop of what's going on.

dotloop review by James G.
James G.

"Security issues"

What do you like best?

nothing its a great place to store files that you can never access ever again!!! Good luck

What do you dislike?

I've used dotloop for years at multiple brokerages. Once i left Century 21 Everest all my loops were kept by Century 21. I buy my own properties so I would sign in my own loops. Century acts as if they own the loops yet I am the buyer so I see several lawsuits over privacy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get off DOTLOOP ASAP

They have several problems to solve. There's much better plat forms.

dotloop review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"Ok"

What do you like best?

customization ability when editing offer paperwork

What do you dislike?

compatibility with other applications such as docusign which puts forced form fields in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

we used Dotloop for email signatures and not transaction management. I've not liked Dotloops incompatibility with other platforms such as Docusign which when opened in said platform automatically forces form fields in that have to be assigned which makes those documents less secure since people can then reedit that document and previous fields which makes me lean towards using docusign for signatures.

This platform can be used as a transaction management tool however we don't use it for that purpose and have used it just for electronic signatures.

User in Real Estate

"I use this software to electronically sign documents "

What do you like best?

The convenience of such software is what I like most about dot loop. How nice is it to be able to send a contract to your client, have them sign it electronically, and then shoot it over to the other agent. You can have a pending contract in under 20 minutes. In this crazy market, that is exactly what agents need.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I dislike about dot loop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the training! It is a very valuable experience if you are just starting out in real estate and have never used an electronic signing software.

It is a huge time saver for both clients and agents. If you have a buyer or seller who is out of town, you can shoot them a document via email and have it signed and returned within minutes.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Love the platform, support could be better"

What do you like best?

The system takes a bit to understand but works for transaction compliance. I love the tools that are offered with Dotloop.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customer service is very surprising. Every time I've had to call about an question, the willingness to resolve my issues is nonexistent and met with irritation on the agents end, every time. I recommend training the phone support and management on empathy training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works very well, the only recommendation is getting a good support agent to help.

I'm able to handle compliance very easily.

dotloop review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Convenient and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

It's nice that everything is digital. No need to print out papers to sign, everything can be done digitally. You can share the documents with people who need access to them. It's user friendly and a great tool!

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything I dislike. It's working great for us!

We use dot loop to upload real estate contracts and documents. It's a great way to visually see everything that you have, and also what documents you still need in order to close on a property.

User in Real Estate

"Dotloop makes your work easy."

What do you like best?

It is a great program for realtors. Easy to upload files and share.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I upload a file, it doesn't work. (Error message)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to all realtors who would like to save their time and effort.

After I use Dotloop, I don't need to meet the client for signatures or picking up documents. Everything is online and very organized.

I can share the file with clients and administrators. Also my clients can sign e-signature.

This can save my time and work.

User in Real Estate

"Terrific interface and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The interface is pleasing and super easy to use. on laptops and desktop computers. Clients have told me it's very easy to use. I LOVE being able to see if they viewed a document or not.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of a checklist to make sure i'm submitting everything to my broker (from an old brokerage). I don't like that i can't delete a file that I have updated - I want to do that instead of archiving it sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for tracking transactions and sending out documents for e-signatures, but is a little lacking in a checklist approach.

Helps keep everything in once place and it's easy to send things to clients without having to spend a long time explaining how to digitally sign things.

dotloop review by User

"Dotloop daily user"

What do you like best?

I like the online access from anywhere with an internet connection, that clients can sign online rather than driving/mailing to them or vice versa, the electronic access to the necessary documents to facilitate contract to close, ability to add/remove fields, ability to upload/download docs, splitting docs, merging docs, and renaming a document while in the documents.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot select multiple signature/initial fields and assign them to one person. Most recent update created more steps when adding templated documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No doubt about it, dotloop is the way to go.

The problem of getting signatures in a quick, efficient way has been solved. The benefit is money and time saved not travelling.

dotloop review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Would not recomend"

What do you like best?

Good product, but lacks too partnerships with real estate form providers to be a viable solution.

What do you dislike?

Do not disclose reoccurring fees charged by local boards to use documents essential to the functionality of their software. More expensive than other solutions, no trial and lack of transparency. Tech support is slow to get on line and promises of resolutions or even touches not completed as promised.

Noting that other provides do not offer.

dotloop review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"So easy to use! "

What do you like best?

I had never heard of this software before last week when I had to sign some real estate documents. It was so easy to use!

What do you dislike?

Really, there is nothing to dislike, or at least I haven't come across anything yet.

Just about everything nowadays is done long distance over the internet. Anything that requires a signature can benefit from Dotloop. I used it for a real estate transaction, but really, anything goes!

dotloop review by Kristina N.
Kristina N.

"Makes Going paperless hassle-free"

What do you like best?

Dootloop allows me to track the broker required documents for each transaction and I can share the documents with clients and affiliates as needed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to go back and forth to the "list" of documents that have already been uploaded and the actual list of documents that are uploaded. It could also have an easier method of locating files.

We have been able to reduce our use of paper and streamline the process of submitting files to the brokerage.

dotloop review by Tony D.
Tony D.

"my dotloop experience"

What do you like best?

as an e-document system, it has some of the features you'd expect: remote signing, document distribution, etc. however, there are issues . . .

What do you dislike?

the ease of use is not there. unlike other products i've used, (AuthentiSign and Instanet), it is not immediately clear how the organization flows, nor is it adaptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend checking out all of your options first.

my business is as a buyer's agent, and i use these systems to manage contracts between all interested parties (realtors, clients, attorneys, inspectors, etc.)

dotloop review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Very functional"

What do you like best?

I like being able to organize all my files neatly. Nothing is ever deleted which is also wonderful!

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more options for scheduling tasks (ex - schedule a task based on the dates within the transaction, not just based on the contract date)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the webinars! They are great training and review - I always learn something new.

Store important documents. Share documents with the right people. Compliance. Get client signatures.

dotloop review by Jillian R.
Jillian R.

"Great system for electronic signatures "

What do you like best?

Easy to use even for very non-tech savvy people.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have issues combining loops.

We exclusively use this for electronic signatures and managing paperwork for real estate files.

dotloop review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Love Dotloop "

What do you like best?

Dotloop makes it easy to manage contracts between all parties. I can loop in everyone involved without printing a single page. That means faster turnaround!

What do you dislike?

The only downside I have come across is trying to get clients to use dotloop when they have no experience with computers.

Using dotloop has almost eliminated the hassle of making appointments to obtain a signature at every stage of contract writing.

"Easy"

What do you like best?

its very easy to use, even the first time. electronic signing and document storage made simple

What do you dislike?

that you can't upload pdf or word files. That a year ago I asked I mentioned to them that escrow/tile are not necessarily the same here in Florida and it should be 2 separate fields. Apparently that do not care to make that simple change in such a huge state

electronic signing

dotloop review by Sanjin C.
Sanjin C.

"Fantastic app and software for electronic signatures."

What do you like best?

Date and time stamp with initials and signature.

Ease of use and easy for clients to follow and sign where prompted.

Usually free to use.

What do you dislike?

Not integrated with Webforms in Canada:(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great app for electronic signatures

Remote signing and saving time

Administrator in Real Estate

"Great product, could be better"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of e-signatures. In a rapidly growing paperless world, it's great.

What do you dislike?

Some of the quirks are very annoying. For example, I can't upload any documents in Firefox. I'm not sure how it's okay to tell your customer you'll just have to use a different browser because we can't figure it out...how is that possible?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every e-signature program out there has quirks. Dotloop has a great customer service support team that can help you with almost everything - aside from utilizing Dotloop in Firefox. Overall, well worth the money.

e-signing with ease. Our clients love it.

"Dotloop"

What do you like best?

Dotloop makes life easier when signing contracts. It’s great to be able to retrieve documents and know that the document is the latest version as evidenced by the signature date stamps.

What do you dislike?

Each client needs an email address to use it. Sometimes couples have a combined email address and this presents a problem.

Contract signing, offfer submission, and document retrieval.

Learning about dotloop?

* We monitor all dotloop reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.