dotmailer

Email marketing software and marketing automation for SMEs, retailers, and big brands.

Work for dotmailer?

Learning about dotmailer?

dotmailer Reviews

Ask dotmailer a Question
Showing 153 dotmailer reviews
dotmailer review by <span>Samantha G.</span>
Samantha G.

"One of the best email marketing tool"

What do you like best?

The interface design is clean and organized making it easy to find what you're looking for. The drag and drop feature when building an email is easy to use compared to bronto and offers more features!

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to choose a group to send to while at the same time choosing another group to not send to so that any overlapping emails would not get the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offered us a month trial to get in and look at all the things they offer in there so I think that was the most helpful in deciding whether or not to switch from Bronto. You can definitely see you get more at a better price.

There is a lot more additional features other email marketing tools don't have I like that we have the option to send out SMS and can make emails that show related products to ones people have used in the past.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about dotmailer
dotmailer review by <span>Jeff K.</span>
Jeff K.

"Dotmailer makes life easier "

What do you like best?

There are so many things to like beat about dotmailer. The user interface is classically deaigned and simple to use. Building email

campaigns is as simple as drag and drop with custom built templates or templates that you create on your own.

Not a designer? Not a problem! The entire system is built off anyone being able to use it. Don’t mistake the simplicity of using the platform for a lack of features. Address books, segments and customer scores make it a one stop tool for brand building, transactional and ecommerce

Marketing through email.

Even better than the platform is the customer service. Each individual at dotmailer treats the customer with the highest respect.

What do you dislike?

Automation programs can be a bit stronger and beefing up the reporting to make sure that the programs are firing as designed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend dotmailer to other users. Not a perfect product but the customer service and technical teams listen and genuinely care about making it better for each user.

We utilize dotmailer to trigger our ecommerce transactional emails through Magento. This provided a much higher delivery success rate and allows us to track each email through the clients.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

dotmailer review by <span>Andrés C.</span>
Andrés C.

"A complete suite for e-mail marketing and more"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer has the best WYSIWYG email editor on the market. It is extremely flexible, it allows creating complex layouts on emails without sacrificing client cross-compatibility too much. The automation tool is robust and easy to use. The segmentation functionality is very flexible and allows implementing very specific rules for creating segments.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat clunky interface that could use a little refreshment. Contact uploading is a little hard. The reporting tools have room for improvement, especially on the exporting side.

We run continent-wide email communications in multiple languages for millions of people. The ease of use and rich set of functionality that Dotmailer brings enables us build and send communications in matter of hours, a key ability in an industry as fast-moving as airlines.

The sophisticated automation tools have helped us create a robust set of automated customer interactions via email, based on transactional data collected from various sources, allowing us to sell more and improve our relations with our customers.

dotmailer review by <span>Jennifer K.</span>
Jennifer K.

"Automation Made Simple"

What do you like best?

The best feature offered by Dotmailer is Email Automation Programs. My organization was able to set up a Welcome email series for donors. We had never created anything like it before, and already the results are astounding.

What do you dislike?

The feature I dislike is the integration aspect. We've been working for a long time to get Salesforce reporting to connect with Dotmailer address books. Since this integration piece isn't already offered, we must create it ourselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend users thoroughly look into the options Dotmailer can offer their organization. The drag-and-drop editor, automation, and address books features are a compelling reason to consider.

The benefits of having a new donor welcome series are too frequent to mention. We are seeing real feedback that is overwhelmingly positive. Our donors feel more connected to us, and subsequently, want to increase (even double!) their giving.

dotmailer review by <span>Lisa-Marie G.</span>
Lisa-Marie G.

"Seamless and fun!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and innovative technology. The easy editor makes creating emails fun. Great customer service from support and my account manager Antony. The many valuable webinars and seminars keeps me on top of trends and the continuously changing industry. I don't know what I would do without them.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I do not like about dotmailer. They are always exceeding expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow plenty of time for onboarding to the platform to ensure that everything you need is in the system. Get it right the first time and the rest is simple and easy.

Increased revenue and site visits. Productivity has increased due to the ease of use. We are also able to engage and convert lapsed customers.

dotmailer review by User

"Easy to use with great support "

What do you like best?

The email editor with the built-in templates just makes life so much easier, flexible segmentation builders, easy to use automation and good reporting tools. The onboarding team was really helpful especially with our Magento set up and training. The customer service for me is a huge selling point of the platform. Having multiple support members on live chat is essential for ensuring you don't miss your deadlines. A response is instant and bugs are once in a blue moon. Honestly, I couldn't recommend it enough.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things like; it would be lovely to exclude segments (as you can for the time being only do so with address books) and it would be nice to be more specific on some of the automation segmentations but seriously, I've used a couple of different ESP's and you know what I can live with this. DM constantly updates and improves the platform with correct testing and planning involved so there is little to no downtime for the users. The positives outweigh the negatives always!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend considering dotmailer particularly to small teams, where a fast overturn of campaigns are needed and quickly. The ease of putting together campaigns quickly, testing and being able to automate makes email marketing so much easier.

Better segmentation than our previous ESP which resulted in higher conversion and engagement rates. The ability to quickly put together campaigns with the ease of the editor and quickly look at report overviews to understand what worked and what didn't.

dotmailer review by User

"Dotmailer: Not very user-friendly, but does the job"

What do you like best?

Once you get used to using this platform for creating emails, it's not too bad. They turn out quite appealing for targeted audiences. I love the feature where you can see metrics of who's seen the email, how many people unsubscribed, and ROI. This data is useful for our organization for future emails. It's very customizable and you can make it look however you want.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using Dotmailer, it was very confusing. You basically learn by clicking around everywhere and figuring out where all the functions are. The emails I create now look much better than the ones I made 6 months ago. One of my least favorite things about Dotmailer is the LAG. There is so much lag on the site, and it also doesn't autosave. The other day, I spent a lot of time on an email but never hit "Save". When I lost internet and refreshed the page, I lost everything I had worked on... Also, the overall layout is just not very advanced and certain features are hidden deep within the settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe invest in a more advanced version. The one I use it very slow and laggy

We use Dotmailer for weekly emails to our mentors, for fundraising outreach, and for Board communications

"Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

We made the switch from ExactTarget to Dotmailer and never looked back! With the seamless Magento integration and easy editor tool for laying out emails, we find the system very easy to use and helping us to make great strides in our email marketing efforts. On top of that, the cost is extremely fair and the support team and account managers are really great. They truly want to help your business succeed in email marketing and go above and beyond to make that happen!

What do you dislike?

A few wonkly features like having to do preheaders as white text in the email body and not being able to easily do exclusions during the send. The reporting is good but I wish it was a bit more robust.

We switched from ExactTarget which was going to cost thousands of dollars to integrate with Magento. Dotmailer offers a seamless integration with tons of automation options.

dotmailer review by Administrator

"Great UI - Easy to use and navigate"

What do you like best?

Building complex email campaigns are really simple - you can drag and drop your required fields and easily get started!

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the information is synced back to the lead/contact records in Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a lot of email marketing and marketing automation systems out there - make sure that you carefully evaluate exactly what features that you need. If you have a marketing team that is not so technically minded - putting Dotmailer in place gives you a really simple way to build/create email marketing collateral such as landing pages, forms and surveys and more complex email campaigns that will help you to track and measure your prospect's behaviours. In comparison to a lot of other solutions, it is also more cost-effective.

The landing page builder makes it really easy to build nicely designed landing pages that helps our lead generation campaigns.

dotmailer review by User

"Relatively consistently good service with a few bugs"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple and easy to learn. Dotmailer provides a simple drag and drop tool for designing HTML email marketing campaigns. It is also very organized and easy to find your way around even with minimal knowledge of the product.

Dotmailer also has fantastic customer service. I have had issues in the past creating an email campaign, and Dotmailer's site features an instant messaging tool that puts you in touch with one of the customer services reps. These people are very friendly and helpful, which goes a long way. I never feel like I am up the creek without a paddle when I run into a problem.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, Dotmailer will fail to send out requested test emails. I always send myself test emailers before I send them out to the actual client. There are times when I I will select to send out a test email, and the email will never show up in my inbox. This will happen with multiple tries.

Another issue is that you have to pay extra to test your emailers for spam (as in, whether or not it will be caught by a spam blocker). We have issues where some of our campaigns do not reach clients due to spam blockers. It would be great if this was included into the price of using the software, and not an extra charge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is always important to check out other services before committing to one. My company uses Mailchimp, for example, which is better suited for internal communications.

E-marketing, which is the bulk of my companies marketing initiative. The benefits of using Dotmailer allow us

"Robust Email Platform"

What do you like best?

All of the options Dotmailer provides us as an email client. So many great options we still havent had time to dive into all of them yet

What do you dislike?

Have had some trouble with dotmailer trying to move us to a sending server with a lower reputation because of our email list where we did not have that issue with other server providers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep clients better informed of when they will be switched to a sending server with a lower reputation, reporting right now is very minimal and a bit vague

Dotmailer is helping us introduce ourselves to people who have entered one of our contests by an email series we have setup. Benefits have been sending out emails with questions so that we can better sort our customers by their likes and dislikes

dotmailer review by <span>Kyler J.</span>
Kyler J.

"DotMailer is relatively simple to use and the customer service is great."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to truly customize campaigns and that you can market to specific customer groups with ease.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a hug fan of the fact that DotMailer charges more to help build out specific automations. I feel like this should be included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what is included and what is not when choosing a plan. Think ahead of what you will need in the future of your email marketing, not the present.

We are utilizing DotMailer to market to the emails we gather at events which we were unable to reach before.

dotmailer review by <span>Anna B.</span>
Anna B.

"Full featured enterprise solution"

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly, reliable, and innovative. For an enterprise solution, we get a lot of features for a great cost. Salesforce integration is strong and works well. Documentation is very helpful, and customer support is very knowledgeable. On-boarding was very efficient and thorough. Platform is updated often with great new features.

What do you dislike?

Automation in sync with Salesforce could be greatly improved with a few additional key features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a mid-level to executive solution, make sure to check out the features and see a demo. It's got several great integrations and features that make it very functional and cost effective..

Automated segmentation; Efficient sync with Salesforce

dotmailer review by <span>Rudy P.</span>
Rudy P.

"Dotmailer - Simple to Use but..."

What do you like best?

Simple to use with drag and drop feature on building email.

Simple to execute automation with visual logic to follow

Simple to integrate to some commonly used CMS / Ecommerce platforms - Magento, Shopify etc.

What do you dislike?

Slow to load the page

The integration is not optimized - slow, buggy and resource hungry

Many of the advanced features are relying on how you integrate with your platforms.

No customizable reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your budget and level of CRM experience, Dotmailer may be the right choice for your first experience

It helps us to trigger automatic responses and email automation. However if for whatever reasons the automation is broken (module updates or data errors), the system does not show any flags or warning.

dotmailer review by User in Internet

"Gets the emails out, but not the easiest or most reliable tool available"

What do you like best?

I like that each email address counts as one contact no matter how many lists it's on. The ReMail option is a quick and easy way to follow up with nonopeners. The automation program designer is a good visual tool for mapping out communication plans.

What do you dislike?

The automation works decently, but it's not all the way there yet. It's difficult to tell if your program is functioning the way you want it to, and the triggers can be pretty limiting. The reporting is not great. Reports that should be easy to access are either nonexistent or difficult to find. We've also had some issues with the time difference between where we are and where the dotmailer team is based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're planning to do any sort of automation, test our your programs and compare dotmailer to the other more automation-focused marketing products.

We moved to dotmailer to send lots of emails to lots of people. We are able to send large quantities of emails quickly.

"User Friendly Sophistication"

What do you like best?

The dotmailer platform uniquely provides the ease of use without being at the expense of sophistication. Being able to personalization, dynamic content, and more complex segmentation is learned intuitively.

What do you dislike?

It would be beneficial to have a calendar showing previous and future sends. Being able to hover over a send on a calendar with rudimentary segment and campaign info gives a over view which is less helpful in list form.

The intuitive ability for creating and repeat use of campaign design with the use of dynamic content and personalization. This ability has increased unique opens and client engagement. The control and intricacy of building segments is very logical. This allows us to better target customers based on highly specific product, geo, and historical data.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"DotMailer is a great platform if you want a easy-to-integrate and supported email platform"

What do you like best?

The support group is amazing at Dotmailer - happy to help you with your integration. I hopped on calls often for help from the dotmailer team, talking about anything from list importing to email best practices. Support is excellent. Also, the integration with Magento is solid and customizable - we had ample customizations tha really helped us deliver the best marketing we could.

What do you dislike?

The UI/UX is a bit old and outdated, and can be slightly confusing, compared to other platforms. The UI can also be confusing, with contradictory Calls to Action. Another thing to keep in mind is that the platform seems to be based and built in the UX, meaning the language can be a tad different than if you're located in the US. Other email platforms have better User Experience hands down.

Also, there are far less integrations than other email tools like Mailchimp. This really hindered our ability to fully integrate across our platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dotmailer is a great platform for those who want customizability, as well as AI-powered functionality. However, per-user it can be more expensive than other solutions, like MailChimp - the cost for us wasn't worth it.

We needed an email platform that was highly customizable and integrated well with MailChimp. At the time, there weren't many that worked extremely well. Dotmailer's Magento integration was excellent.

We wanted to market to our many interested consumers, with a list size in the hundreds of thousands.

dotmailer review by <span>Chris B.</span>
Chris B.

"Enterprise Platform at SMB Cost"

What do you like best?

As a Magento partner, we like that dotmailer is now integrated with Magento's core. The segmentation abilities with Magento has helped our customers grow their site revenue considerably with less effort than managing an entry level ESP.

What do you dislike?

I have heard from some of our customers that the sales process has been very pushy. Sometimes the sales reps need to take it easy but I know they are under pressure to hit numbers just like any Enterprise SaaS company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dotmailer has essentially all of the features/functionality/service that other platforms provide but they are the most competitive on price.

Definitely providing a solution for more accurate and targeted emails. Segmentation is key.

dotmailer review by <span>La Kesha W.</span>
La Kesha W.

"Dotmailer Review "

What do you like best?

I love that it's simple and straight to the point. I don't have to worry about going threw multiple steps in order to send an email. I can just upload my list, write the email and get it going.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there aren't APIs to connect to our databases. When we need to send a campaign we have to upload a new lost every time. This is added time to the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that someone who is considering this would complete at least 3 full campaigns in order to get the full effect.

What I am solving is the growth of our customers. We are looking to increase the business and grow our revenue.

dotmailer review by Administrator

"Good, intuitive drag and drop system"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use - minimal training needed. I've found bugs needing coding fixes are few and far between. Quick and easy to drag and drop images and other files into emails. Easy and quick to build surveys.

What do you dislike?

A few actions aren't clear from the interface, which have required help from dotmailer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check that the package you're going for includes any templates that you need from the outset, or there will be additional charges for this development work. I have encountered bugs with email templates but the support team have been excellent and have helped with this.

Our comms look professional and consistent. Emails and surveys are quick to build and we can monitor response rates, helping with ROI.

dotmailer review by Administrator

"Dotmailer for small business"

What do you like best?

the ease of using, setting up templates, and keeping things up to date. I also love the settings we have to read followup on our emails sent.

What do you dislike?

I think it is pricey for what you get. i totally get the initial startup costs but I'm curious why the cost continues to stay high when so little is done by the DM team once set up

Recommendations to others considering the product

-once you get past the initial setup, its easy to use

-the chat help function is always helpful and willing to work with you on specific questions

-don't be afraid to create more than one template. you can copy and edit it yourself with ease

-copy and paste email campaigns if you want them to be similar; way less time consuming

-make your own building blocks. it took me way to long to realize how easy they were to create and use.

We are working on mass mailers and sharing specials.

i like the ease of creating specific groups/segments to target

dotmailer review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Simple, flexible and good breadth of features/functionalities"

What do you like best?

It's simple to use but has a lot of features. Campaigns can be set up in a matter of minutes and each campaign can be analysed in detail.

What do you dislike?

The questionnaire functionality does not allow for pre-population of fields within questions from a file or from previous responses within the same questionnaire. This means that the respondent might have to go back to the email or go by memory when you want to ask about individualized detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you send campaigns regularly to different types of audiences with different types of content, you should use naming conventions for your campaigns that allows you to group them quickly in the campaign report export. Otherwise you will spend a day and a half trying sorting the apples from the oranges in a massive spreadsheet.

Easy branding of communications and the ability to analyse conversion rates. We have been able to improve open rates and operational turnaround time.

dotmailer review by <span>brian s.</span>
brian s.

"Markwins"

What do you like best?

The UX for the admin is very versatile and allows for (what seems like) endless digital marketing toolsl

What do you dislike?

Unless I am doing it wrong, I have to sign out and sign back in to switch accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a great on-boarding experience and training sessions to learn the tools as desired.

Email marketing is what we initially wanted this tool for. We have realized that the data we are seeing is helping with brand/marketing efforts.

dotmailer review by <span>Marie-Pier T.</span>
Marie-Pier T.

"Very simple but limited"

What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly. Easy to navigate and make actions without searching how. Sytem is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Options are very limited. To resend an email for non openers for example, we cannot choose time and day, only schedule it according to the first email schedule (example resend to non openers 2 days after, no other options)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adding features and options.

Create segment list of contacts. Easy overview on mass emailing performance.

dotmailer review by <span>Claire E. G.</span>
Claire E. G.

"Great Service! Simple & Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer is awesome, it is super intuitive and easy to use. The interface is simple which makes it not too overwhelming to use. Their account management is also awesome, that is what I would say sets it apart from the rest.

What do you dislike?

The support team definitely needs some work. We experienced some difficulties with our onboarding and support was not able to help at all. That being said, the account management team is one of the best in the game.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and make sure this product will meet all of your needs!

We have been working on refining our email marketing processes. This has helped us get our email lists organized and in one place. It is a very straightforward tool.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Dotmailer for email, survey and landing pages"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to create fantastic looking emails, survey and then segments based on the responses. The data fields make it really flexible and efficient to track

What do you dislike?

The survey designer could be better to make the surveys look more like the email and in keeping, so would like to be able to include logo and banner images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good all round solution, however limited integration into CRM systems, ours doesnt integrate and this is the only reason we have started to look elsewhere. Great easy to use application

We are bulk emailing segments and using the automation. The reporting is quick and easy, but it would be nice to combine the clicks through with the survey responses which would save time as this matching up is currently a manual process.

dotmailer review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Dotmailer Fan"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer customer service is hands down awesome. They always go out of their way to help you, endlessly follow up and are just very dedicated to making your life easier and your email strategy more effective. If you are a novice, they clearly and concisely explain things and the interface supports this. It's an easy tool and I highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I really don't like is the hidden preheader field.

We are merging two companies and have so far found great success in bringing new brands onto the platform while also maintaining separate brand identities, lists, etc.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Reliable and clever, but tough reporting"

What do you like best?

I think that the tool has several interesting trigger, dynamic feed, and segmentation capabilities that make it ideal for marketers, and the one-to-one service we received from both Sophie Sherley-Dale and Jonny Dixon was extraordinary: their insights and approach were thoughtful and educated.

What do you dislike?

We found the onboarding process with Dotmailer to be very challenging...they seem to have some issues with project management. Otherwise, software-wise, we just felt the automated reporting to be fairly rudimentary and not incredibly useful, and the reporting functions that we needed couldn't be met with customization. Also, the HTML functions within this solution are limited, so it's not great for development/customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that all of your reporting needs are met at the segment (as opposed to campaign) level before signup. Sign up for service retainer hours, as I do believe that Dotmailer functions and serves best with constant attention from their account managers and strategists working with your internal team, as the tool can be somewhat counterintuitive or opaque when it comes to surfacing information or approaching specific automated actions.

Dotmailer has thought about some very useful and very turnkey solutions with Magento specifically.

We are trying to work to speak to customers over a nine-month pregnancy, which proved a bit challenging with the restrictions on number of actions with Dotmailer's automated campaign, but the ability to query and use customer information was strong.

dotmailer review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"intuitive platform that surpasses expectation "

What do you like best?

The advanced automation features that you can adjust very easily coupled with a great analytics suite. Customer support is always there to help and has proven to be very useful for a medium sized business like ourselves.

What do you dislike?

i do wish they offered some more templates to choose from. Their custom design service makes up for that a bit

we're able to conduct a great deal of experimentation to see what word/picture combinations click with our customers and different segments of customers. Overall our engagement numbers have nearly doubled and we are very excited to see what we'll be able to achieve next.

dotmailer review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"A good product, held back by their support team"

What do you like best?

Their 'easy editor' is simply amazing and above and beyond anything else on the market. Their segmentation tools are powerful and could not be easier to use. Their reseller tools are useful and perfect for agencies. Their automation tools are SO easy to pick up and use and the easiest to master on the market. Their roadmap is easily available and they bring a lot of decent updates regulary. Their key account team are the best in the business.

What do you dislike?

Their support team are horrendous and do not seem to know how to use the tool properly. Their sales and key account team consistently prove that they know more about the product than the support team do and they repeatedly state incorrect facts about the tool which just causes confusion. If the tool has any form of large outage, the communication is ridiculously poor and they have been in dire need of proper support management for years. It seems to be the only area where they do not grow their product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The budget is required to get the most out of dotmailer. The more you put in, the more you will get out. Work with the team to get the most out of them and ensure your know how to use the tool effectively to lesson your need for support.

We needed an easy to use, easy to setup and simple email tool for non technical users to pick up and master. Dotmailer offered this in spades, consitently turning standard or non technical users into marketing guru's thanks to its exceptionally initiative UI and design. The knowledge base is building and the easy editor allows users to become designers, which is a massive deal. The benefits have been incredible; giving a number of users a lot more tools and ability than they would over any other marketing tool on the market.

dotmailer review by User

"Complete but not Complex"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a ton of point and click I like the surveys feature easy to create and modify the survey

What do you dislike?

The thing I like least is the survey feature in a sense the template part I wish I could do more with templates the features of creating them are fine also wish it was easier to categorize info

Recommendations to others considering the product

sign up for webinars and all their tutroials

We are solving how we stay in contact with our clients and customers. We have seen our email performance do much better

dotmailer review by <span>Aaron M.</span>
Aaron M.

"It's been ok, no real issues. Don't really use it as much as we should I guess..."

What do you like best?

Integrated with Magento, Live chat support pretty much anytime. Onboarding help made it quite a bit easier to get going.

What do you dislike?

Cost for data storage, data syncing seems to have issues, it's brought our server down previously. Cost.

Email marketing with a direct integration with Magento.

dotmailer review by <span>Lanie N.</span>
Lanie N.

"Great, but not as robust"

What do you like best?

The account services team is exceptional

What do you dislike?

Limitations in building templates and editing content. The A/B testing options for content and segments should be better executed. There isn't an easy flow to do this.

Dotmailer is our ESP and we use it every day to communicate with our consumers via emails

dotmailer review by <span>Chante W.</span>
Chante W.

"Easy to use email system"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to create campaigns, landing pages, and surveys. I love how easy it is to implement the automation portion as well.

What do you dislike?

The minimal amount of template for email campaigns. I would like to see more templates annually or quarterly.

Automating surveys and feedback from our clients.

dotmailer review by User

"Best Email Marketing Automation Software"

What do you like best?

The onboarding process was fairly seamless and I like all the additional features other email software don't provide such as landing pages, AB testing, surveys, etc. Customer support is also top class. Reporting is also easy to read and helps to optimize future campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular stands out as this is the best program I've used so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All things I've mentioned before.

Automation, time-saving, reaching customers faster. Measuring results to optimize future campaigns to drive better responses to our email and open rates.

dotmailer review by Agency
Agency

"Great product, great functionality, and the best automation workflow I've used"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very customizable with the email designer, access to the HTML source code is very helpful as well, not many platforms give you access. Great user management and segmentation. The best email automation workflow process that I've seen in an email marketing platform.

What do you dislike?

I have two separate clients using the platform so far, plus I'm partner certified - I haven't seen anything that I've disliked yet.

Staying in front of customers via email, it's been very positive so far.

"DotMailer Review"

What do you like best?

DotMailer is an easy-to-use platform. I am able to quickly create and send emails.

What do you dislike?

The automatic billing feature did not function for awhile. Our account was shut off temporarily for insufficient payment because the system was not drawing properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. There is little risk here.

DotMailer has been extremely helpful in our overall marketing plan. It has helped to get more eyes on our products, and on our website, blog, social channels, etc.

dotmailer review by <span>Keith Y.</span>
Keith Y.

"Horrible Experience"

What do you like best?

Nuk our technical rep was pleasant to work with.

What do you dislike?

I signed an agreement with Dotmailer on May 20, 2015. I met the Dotmailer sales rep at the Magento Imagine conference. I was assured that the integration with Magento Enterprise was a simple integration with their Dotmailer extension. I felt confident as Dotmailer is Magento Platinum partner that this would be the case. During this time I reached out to them to make sure I wasn't going to be charged until it is up and running. I was reassured that they would not charge me until it is running. After more than three months of them trying to implement this on August 31st, we finally gave a week's notice to get it up and running. Not only did they not get it up in a week it was still not up by the end of September. In October they finally tell me it is working so I schedule a training to get it started. Then that after more than 4 months of waiting that I would have to wait another 3 weeks for training. On top of that they send me a bill for the last 4 months. I really still don't know if i works or not. Mind you during this time I did not hear from a supervisor or manager. I let them know that we would not continue with Dotmailer. I finally hear from a manager who states there was no reason for a manager to get involved and threatened me with the agreement and when I asked him if he considered that acceptable he hung up on me. Since then I have received numerous invoices and now calls from a collection agency.

Cart Abandonment, triggered/transactional emails, post purchase, etc.

dotmailer review by <span>Joi B.</span>
Joi B.

"dotmailer user for over 4 years"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop editor is time-saving and easy-to-use. The platform includes a set of advanced features, like A/B testing on subject line or content, personalization, a dynamic content builder, and segmentation tools that work on numerous data points and behaviors. The platform is very stable and navigation intuitive. Analytics are superb, with drill downs for in depth marketing analysis. Comparing one campaign to another or many campaigns against each other is easy to manage. Email client reports, hotspots, pdf reporting, all available.

What do you dislike?

dotmailer often rev's their platform. If you have created customized templates or procedures, be aware that a review of any customization every 6 months or so would capitalize on platform improvements. The toolset is a bit expensive, but is well worth the expense if you are a medium to large-sized business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the company's resources, as their knowledge base is comprehensive. The company is primarily based in the UK and therefore international. Enjoy dotmailer!

dotmailer providers a comprehensive set of tools: email marketing, automation, transactional marketing, surveys, landing pages. For a busy marketing department, the software platform can readily manage: signups, lead-gen, email broadcasts, automation, transactions, re-engagement, surveys and events. Drag and drop and HTML editors provide an interface for beginners or those with advanced skills. Email metrics monitor unsubscribes, opens, clicks, clicks-to-open rate, and bounces. Revenue and web traffic can also be monitored with some pretty simple javascripting adjustments.

dotmailer review by <span>Katy S.</span>
Katy S.

"Dotmailer is an amazingly flexible and responsive platform and the support they offer is superb."

What do you like best?

The constantly improving features means that new features are always being developed to meet the changing digital landscape and keep our activity relevant to our supporters. Particularly the improvement to make our template and the survey responsive.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes take time for recommendations to be taken on board and become an active element. A quicker process, with more feedback, for suggesting new features would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dotmailer is an extremely versatile system and the support they offer will help you to approach any problem in a way that will make it possible to resolve it effectively.

Dotmailer allows us to solve multiple problems when using it. It provides a solid platform for direct email campaigns with our supporters. It also allows us to make use of automation, surveys and dynamic content to make sure our emails are extremely targeted and responsive to the supporter to give them a better experience.

dotmailer review by <span>Adam M.</span>
Adam M.

"Industry Leading Feature Set, Expectations Exceeding User Experience"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer is mind blowingly intuitive to use. On most systems, the power user features are buried or hidden in nonsensical locations. Dotmailer's advanced tools are somehow always in front of you as fast as you can consume them.

What do you dislike?

Looking forward to the future roadmap and integrations with additional machine learning and AI systems.

Dotmailer allows our clients to take advantage of advanced email marketing techniques.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Great for normal users, useless for developers"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for non-technical users. Good analytics features, and good reporting.

What do you dislike?

Makes it very hard to develop custom HTML emails compatible with easy editor, documentation on the subject very old. The pre-built designs included with the platform look very dated, they seem to really want everyone to use their email customisation service.

Their back-end platform seems quite dated too and there are certain UX elements that just don't make sense. Their default templates also don't seem to follow the latest conventions in email design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a basic email service then by all means choose dotmailer. but if you are an email developer who wants to implement cutting-edge features and modern designs do not go for this service, as others offer easier customisation options.

Trying to implement a marketing automation service.

dotmailer review by <span>Vincent P.</span>
Vincent P.

"A killer admin loaded with features and tons of segmentation for pinpoint targeting."

What do you like best?

Migrating over from another large email platform, what really stands out with dotmailer are the segmentation and automation tools. Syncing customer and order data from Magento is seamless and provides powerful ammunition to the segmentation tools that work on these numerous data points and behaviors. This is all simplified by the super user-friendly campaign building tool, which includes a drag-and-drop interface and easy to use dynamic content blocks for dynamic personalized emails.

What do you dislike?

The only gripe so far that we've noticed is that with all of these user-friendly automated features, the manual tinkering of older platforms becomes a bit more buried. For example in order to use the dynamic content blocks feature, you must forego the ability to use custom HTML and are limited to the drag-and-drop interface. Not the end of the world, but definitely a trade-off there.

What this has solved the most for us, is helping us to change our tactics from blanket store-wide emails offering coupons (like an abandoned cart 5% message), into specific, targeted emails that only go to the users that need them. For example, a frequent shopper no longer received an immediate coupon, but someone who only makes purchases during promos we can now isolate and send only them a coupon, keeping ROI up and preventing unnecessary discounts and offers.

dotmailer review by User in Internet

"I've really enjoyed DotMailer"

What do you like best?

editing power, ability to manage the code of each email directly.

What do you dislike?

sometimes workflow on several campaign long triggered programs is a little cumbersome . would be nice to work through and edit all the emails in a series as you go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful and useful program.

Dotmailer is facilitating quality, ongoing logical communication with our audience. Helping us convert leads to sales, and retaining/meeting monthly goals better

dotmailer review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Requested Review"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer is very easy to use, just like using Word.

What do you dislike?

A bit too many steps to upload a document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend dotmailer for ease of use and the quality of the finished product.

Client was complaining too many stand alone emails were filling their inboxes. So now we send a weekly newsletter consolidating all the announcements.

dotmailer review by <span>Tom W.</span>
Tom W.

"An simple and easy to use system that has a lot of power below the bonnet "

What do you like best?

The system allows us to set-up, send and report on email campaigns with ease. The result has meant that many non-technical staff have been trained on it to the point where workload has significantly lowered.

What do you dislike?

As a technical lead I often want to delve deeper into the data to perform more advanced analytics. I think that the email marketplace is evolving very quickly and there are certain specific needs which need to be addressed, specific to clients.

Specifically we've sped up our manual processes utilising the templating system beyond what we'd planned. This has allowed us to quickly produce new brands and pass on workload to junior non-technical staff.

dotmailer review by <span>Ernesto S.</span>
Ernesto S.

"Full of features"

What do you like best?

The interface is pretty intuitive, it guides you to achieve very usefully and advance operations. Could replace a CRM for some time,

What do you dislike?

lack some deeper social media integration

Can automatize a lot of Marketing activities, and would be great to get some design or layout features,

dotmailer review by <span>Abigail M.</span>
Abigail M.

"A great experience, developed relationship and service and helped move us forward."

What do you like best?

A great Key Account Manager who is on hand to assist with any questions or developments we have. The platform is always developing and now allows us to integrate and automate some of our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Some limits within survey platform, training is required (but this is the same as in most software platforms), for more personal service you need to pay for .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend investing in a Key Account Manager - even just for a short while. Make the most of this support, have a full audit and action their recommendations. Train the team and get some toolkits created (your agency may get them created for you if costs are affected).

We are starting to integrate the email and automation platform with our websites. This has allowed us to begin using abandoned basket functionality. Survey and email and reporting are all in one place.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Dotmailer is a great addition to our business"

What do you like best?

I like that we can automate personalized task.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, they have too many features I have not found a downfall yet.

The ability to send daily emails to our b2b customers, and have a different journey for our b2c customers

dotmailer review by Consultant

"Powerful yet simple"

What do you like best?

One of the best things is the solution is actually usable. There are other platforms that in theory provide the same level of capability but they make it so hard or time consuming to use that the reality is there is never time to take advantage of advanced capability.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't so much to dislike, the split test reports could be improved.

Broadcast promotional campaigns.

Behavioral campaigns based on website activity

Basket and browse abandon

Welcome and automated marketing

dotmailer review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for email marketing"

What do you like best?

1. The ability to setup automation program that best suits your company and your customers

2. The ability to setup dynamic content for your email depending on who's opening the email

3. Platform is easy to use, very little tech issues.

4. Awesome customer service

What do you dislike?

I can think of none. We are satisfied with the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend to try Dotmailer if your website is using Magento platform, because then it's very easy to sync data.

We were trying to find an email marketing tool that has automation feature, and Dotmailer is the one.

dotmailer review by <span>Marko B.</span>
Marko B.

"Great software with a continuous inovative approach and user friendly for non-experts. "

What do you like best?

dotMailer is continuously trying to add new services and features. They have a friendly staff who are well trained and always happy to help. I worked with dotMailer for several years now and was always been pleased with their service.

Their easy editor is very easy to use and is great for those who do not understand HTML code well.

Their reporting tool is also really good and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Their classic editor is very limited and it is not very easy to use. They seem to invest a lot of time and effort in their easy editor while classic editor could benefit from some improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a marketer, are creating email campaigns for your organisation yourself and do not have an advanced HTML code knowledge and sometimes struggle to use classic HTML editor this is definitely the product for you. dotMailer's easy editor is extremely user friendly and their customer support is excellent (at least i found).

However, if you understand HTML code well and prefer classic editor than this is probably not a service provider for you as their classic editor is very limited and there are some better emailing packages out there.

I managed to find an email designer who was happy to explore the easy editor though and managed to create for me a professional looking template which is now very flexible though. Which means that for further campaigns I may only change headers and some images so almost like a plugg-ins reducing the cost significantly.

So I recommend to try their demo and evaluate if this is a package for you.

dotmailer review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Great product but doesn't work for everyone"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to use and always being developed to keep up with new ideas and services on the web

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the support lines are busy and email response to problems is not up to par. A little diluted when it comes to problem-solving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to utilize the trials to their full potential before clicking the "sign me up" button.

Reaching out to several thousand email accounts in one hour or so helps to get the word out. We can reach more people in a shorter amount of time than through direct mail.

dotmailer review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Director of E-commerce"

What do you like best?

Easier to use interface (folder for organizing email, list and images). Integration with Shopify

What do you dislike?

I would love to ability to automate performance metric export for consumption in BI tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Automated email based on customer purchase behavior.

dotmailer review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Dotmailer review"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, everything is pretty simple to use and figure out

What do you dislike?

It can be clunky at times, the layout might look different on the final email compared to what it looks like when you create it

Sending emails has been made easier

dotmailer review by <span>Ben H.</span>
Ben H.

"Not far off an excellent product"

What do you like best?

The easy editor is amazingly easy to use. Drag and drop interface is great for everyone, and being able to save complex blocks for future use is a great feature and massively time saving. Once we figured it out, uploading templates is also a cinch too. The reporting is a good set for analysis, and Segments is a good, easy way to identify ideal target audiences through their behaviours. The integration with CRM is great and makes target selection easy, with detailed analytics back into the heart of our business. The support team are also amazing - Account Manager is helpful and the Product Integration Team couldn;t do more for me. The dotSurvey and microsites are also really easy to use, the CopyKat being a great feature for quick, on-brand releases.

What do you dislike?

API Integration could do more in terms of the stats delivered back into CRM. There's no analytics for Opens that gets dropped back into the CRM system, so if I need to query open AND click behaviours I can only do this in the web client. There are more features that I'd love to see to take this great product to an excellent product, all in the vein of automation. I'm looking into how this could be integrated through the API calls. I also don't like the inbox test process, as this costs £5 per go, but a direct contract with Litmus (the supplier) is not too far off that for a monthly fee. We use our CRM system to hold our master subscription preferences, but we are not allowed to send the mailings without using the dotMailer standard http://$UNSUB$ link in our code, so we have to do our best to hide this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it. The product team are very open to new ideas, so head over to the user support forums to submit suggestions for future developments. It's a very capable and easy to use email distribution service, with detailed analytics off the back of it. The integration into Dynamics CRM doesn't capture ALL the behaviour metrics available in the web client, but they ultimately want folk to use their product implicitly. It carries a decent feature set, and is hinting towards automation - be mindful of this when making your tech selection, as it's not there yet.

Synchronisation with our Dynamics CRM installation is giving us excellent insight to our contacts' behaviour, and is driving change in our marketing strategy.

dotmailer review by <span>David M.</span>
David M.

"Dotmailer is a superb easy to use ESP."

What do you like best?

Great company, great email product, great support and service. The people there really know their stuff and are are genuine CRM experts. Unlike like some vendors they are very helpful too, and turn round issues very quickly and with real expertise.

The functionality of this tool is everything you need in an ESP.

Their tech is ahead of most of the competition and they don't charge silly prices either.

Big enough to be ahead of the game and small enough to care.

What do you dislike?

Mostly had a very positive experience. Need to maintain keen prices keen to ensure they remain value for money.

They solve integration with CRM systems, email efficiency and personalisation, content management and SMS capability.

dotmailer review by <span>David P.</span>
David P.

"Great for small businesses that need a big reach"

What do you like best?

We have been using Dotmailer for a number of years and it suits us as we are a small company with a broad customer base. The reports available on the site are incredibly useful for pinpointing which parts of which campaigns have been most successful for us and with whom.

What do you dislike?

We have never been a great fan of the Easy Editor functionality, although I appreciate that we may be in a minority. We prefer to code our campaigns in a separate program and then import the whole thing into Dotmailer. We may lose some of the benefits of Easy Editor, but overall we have found our system to be simpler. We are lucky in that we have people in the office with coding experience, the Easy Editor may be particularly useful for people who don't have that familiarity with coding.

We have been able to use Dotmailer to test and identify popular trends with our clients. We have discovered that clients are particularly interested in specific parts of our product range, and have been able to focus more attention on developing and digitising those particular areas as a direct result.

dotmailer review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Great platform, easy to use and massive effect on our email marketing performance"

What do you like best?

The ease of use with establishing campaigns.The program is very user friendly and makes launching campaigns simple. From creating new templates through to testing and sending out to our subscibers

We have seen significant improvements to our campaign performance including open rates and clickthrough since migrating to Dotmailer which can be attributed to working closely with Dotmailer to overhaul and optimise our email designs for the best user experience and using Dotmailers excellent data management features to ensure our emails the best opportunity of reaching our subscribers inboxes

What do you dislike?

I would like more opportunities to automate reporting back out to colleagues and stakeholders. As a follow up to our campaigns we sometimes analyse and callback subscribers who have not responded. It would be great if we could set schedules which would automatically email colleagues a list of addresses who lets say didn't respond to a campaign after a 2 week period.

We have realized the potential Dotmailer can offer by giving us an automated solution to reach out to customers who abandoned the checkout process. with an abandoned cart porgram. We've also solved how to contact and incentivise our customers who lapse with us by again using Dotmailers powerful and easy to use to automated programs features

dotmailer review by Administrator

"All In One Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

drag and drop campaign design and automation tools

What do you dislike?

support hours are limited and based in UK, not in the USA

Recommendations to others considering the product

strong platform at a reasonable value

targeting customers with personalized content

dotmailer review by <span>Jon O.</span>
Jon O.

"Easy To Use Email Marketing System"

What do you like best?

Used Dotmailer for about 6 years and seen it change dramatically since first using it, especially the editor. Easy enough to use with drag and drop functions, good reporting, Lucy and staff from Dotmailer have always been helpful. Better than systems like Mail Chimp, in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

Not a system for hand coding as HTML editing is limited (this can be frustrating at times, trying to align elements etc). Doesn't work too well in Chrome as some functions do not work at all. So long as you save your templates regularly, then you wont have a problem, but if you spend hours editing, only for the Social Links to stop responding and wipes your template and work.... yes, that happened to me yesterday. A regular auto-save would be good. The Map Of Openers is pretty useless to me... would rather see a Google Map with the locations pin pointed on the map (something I have to do manually in Google Drive instead). Don't really like the set templates, as they seems a little old in design to me, so always had to create my own. Image editing could be better, otherwise have to do this externally. This might seem like a long list of gripes, but overall the system is the best i have used to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have looked at various other email systems in the past, but dotMailer beat them on functionality and price.

Email Marketing is an important part of our business and generates sales. As the decision and buying cycle of our business stretches into months, keeping our business prominent in peoples minds helps us gain business. So long as you don't bombard people with emails and tell them something they want to hear, then it works perfectly.

dotmailer review by User

"email marketing made easy"

What do you like best?

User friendly and easy to use with drag and drop. Makes your campaigns look pro with minimum effort. Their templates are great for beginners but have enough to offer for more experienced email marketers.

What do you dislike?

Could have more functionality to make it better value for money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used a few platforms now in various roles and dotmailer is still my favourite.

Easy communication with international clients for updates and last minute news

dotmailer review by <span>Sarah H.</span>
Sarah H.

"Easy to use, easy to work with, easy to recommend"

What do you like best?

We started as a marketing department of one so the helpfulness, input and guidance from the team at Dotmailer has always been very important. It's easy to use - with very little training required to get new team members started. Updates are frequent and significant. We work across several brands and with very little cost and investment we can do that.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I feel we are rarerly using the full potential of the system. Automation area of Dotmailer is excellent but underutilised by ourselvese.

Communicating news quickly; getting on sale ahead of our competitors; superb ROI, talking to our customers not just selling to them

dotmailer review by <span>Craig B.</span>
Craig B.

"Always looking to improve content and service"

What do you like best?

Having used Dotmailer for a number of years I'm always impressed that they look to improve what we do and it feels like they are working with our best interests in mind rather than their own which is unusual in this day and age.

What do you dislike?

I feel sometimes the software is a little restricting from a creativity point of view if we want to do something a little different but this is nit-picking really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak to them openly about what you want to achieve with your online activity and they will help shape a system which works for you and delivers the results you want.

It's safe to say that there are a lot of features in the Dotmailer system which we are still only scratching the surface of particularly when it comes to segmentation of our databases but it's good to know the systems are already in place when our internal teams are ready to take the next step.

dotmailer review by <span>Jodi W.</span>
Jodi W.

"Great Mailing System"

What do you like best?

The ease of the system and the in-depth reporting is the best part of dotMailer, it makes everything very simple and visual to evaluate.

What do you dislike?

Resending a particular campaign to new contacts within the same contact address list. I have not found an easy way of doing this without creating a new address list which I would rather not due for my reporting stats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think dotMailer is one of the easiest mailing systems I have used. I would highly recommend training, even using dotMailer for the last 18 months there was functionality we had not utilised and a lot of little things that would drive more traffic and activity we had over looked.

We are now integrating dotMailer with SalesForce in the hope of automating a lot of functions we currently do manually. We also are excited to see the sync function so our staff can see the clients activity history and contact the most interested clients first.

dotmailer review by <span>Justin T.</span>
Justin T.

"This is good"

What do you like best?

This product is good. Improved deliverability immensely.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about this. I love everything. Even reporting is easy.

Deliverability. That is our biggest problem. We put our distinct signups in here and they deliver at just shy of 100%.

dotmailer review by <span>James L.</span>
James L.

"First class from start to finish and still improving every time we expand our use"

What do you like best?

Simple easy to use and scalable as we grow. allows us to create great email in house and ensure its delivered to the right customer at the right time.

What do you dislike?

Display issues on samsung mobile devices

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it you won't regret it

reduce build costs as we can create in house.

quicker turn around.

dotmailer review by <span>Sarah S.</span>
Sarah S.

"Pretty good investment depending on what you do and what you need"

What do you like best?

The integration with our Microsoft Dynamics CRM. We used to have Mad Mimi (which is extremely good for the cost and is a very good basic emailing tool), but DotMailer integration allows customers to update mailing preferences and updates automatically on bounce-backs.

It is also extremely helpful that the CRM marketing lists are updated from our 60 users of CRM, which in turn updates DotMailer email lists - I don't have to worry about updating the database.

The feature i have benefited from the most is the ability to analyze DotMailer stats in our CRM system which allows us to cross reference data.

The DotSurvey and Microsite features are pretty good too, allowing online interaction with our customers. We were originally using Survey Monkey which is a superior survey tool, but if you just need a basic survey tool, using DotSurvey means you don't have to keep importing up to date contact lists before each survey.

What do you dislike?

It's frustrating that integration isn't fully there yet. We use an on premise in the cloud CRM with ADFS to populate users, and this was a nightmare to then add DotMailer into the mix. Once past that, we found that our contact data could not sync both ways from the 2 systems - so we have users updating their own address details on forms through DotSurvey which doesn't update CRM.

Another area that needs significant work is the microsite capability - it's a really basic editor, which relies on html skills to avoid the page looking 'noddy'. It also has a few bugs in it working in the browser.

We also haven't been able to exploit the feature that shows who has visited the web from email even though we have all the tracking cookies in place on the web.

The contract pricing structure is also a little irritating - if you choose to increase your package of monthly sends, your 2 year contract starts again from that new date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need an email tool - Mad Mimi is significantly cheaper and free to set up plus their support is very good and there isn't much at all to go wrong. Price bracket is $30/mth for around 10k sends

DotMailer, for the same mailing numbers, sits at around £270/mth which includes a dedicated CRM license but you get stung for the one of installation cost which is hefty, and we are at the top level package - all this allows full CRM integration. What that offers is far superior in data analyse and management.

DotMailer like most software providers sell their package well - but beware, everything they demonstrate during the sales process is not all applicable to every variation of installation. The ideal platform is their web interface.

The support is also reliant on help sheets, videos and online help questions. And if like us, you are looking at the full integration - they have the bare bones of a support in this area (in the UK)

If you want more automation and your channels working harder to uncover sales leads, consider looking to invest more but avoid the license driven software options - they are extortionate.

We decided to move from Mad Mimi to DotMailer to speed up processes and remove a lot of manual work - importing data back and forth. It has absolutely served it's purpose and achieved that.

What it has also provided is the ability to re-mail non-openers, set up secondary emails based on actions of the first and my favourite - resend the original email again and again, but only sending to new contacts on the mailing list.

DotMailer has been in place for 2 years now, and we have realised that we need more integration again between the web and social channels and the ability to run the full campaign from beginning to end with better microsite facilities. We are currently considering both Eloqua and Target360 software - the jury is out.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Excellent tool "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and reporting. World-class training and support.

What do you dislike?

Base subscriber sign-up form not easily customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

?

Customer newsletters, forms.

dotmailer review by <span>Jenny W.</span>
Jenny W.

"Dotmailer system "

What do you like best?

The features are so simple to use, especially the drag and drop design element. I always want my emails to look good and the library of templates are a great start for anyone who isn't fantastic at HTML themselves. I've used a number of email systems over the years and this by far is the easiest to navigate.

What do you dislike?

II would love for there to be a tablet version or app to easily edit my emails on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial and test the features for yourself. We also trialed the survey tool which wasn't of use to us. Everyone wants something different so always check the product first.

We are working on a lot of internal communications strategies, and dotmailer has helped me create consistent and sharp messaging that appeals to everyone and is easy to digest.

dotmailer review by <span>Claire W.</span>
Claire W.

"dotMailer has provided a consistently high quality service with excellent support when required"

What do you like best?

CRM Integration

Quality Support

Easy and evolving Interface

What do you dislike?

No way to save username or password

Cannot amend emails once sent - would be nice to be able to switch out images or update product info

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a robust system but as with most mailing solutions once you hit send there is no going back! The CRM integration is good but the connector can sometimes need a kick from support to synchronise. All in all a good, robust mailing solution.

We use the system to communicate regularly on a B2B basis with current and potential clients. We help our clients solve internal communication problems as well as solving some of our own. An unexpected but fun use of the system is sending out invites to our Christmas party for example!

dotmailer review by <span>Gary W.</span>
Gary W.

"Does what it says on the tin!"

What do you like best?

This is an out of the box system that can be picked up easily by any marketer. You don't need huge amounts of creative skill to get started and the technical team are always been helpful if you get stuck. I've used this system with a number of companies and theintroduction of the 'Easy Editor' makes campaigns simple. What I love best is the campaign analysis. Clear simple and exportable. We use Salesforce and the sync facility is brilliant, giving us a great way for salespeople to understand where business originates, and for us a fighting chance as a b2b organisation to identify and calculate ROMI.

What do you dislike?

We've struggled to integrate the 'sign up to newsletter' function within our Wordpress CMS on the UKDN Waterflow website with the Dotmailer site. Other than that the system is about right for a company of our size

Integration of platforms. The feed into your CRM system is a must and this package delivers. The analysis allows us to prioritise hot leads and follow ups, and pass them to the right salespeople. And this is helping to justofy spend and calculate ROMI, both really important to any marketing manager.

dotmailer review by <span>Mark W.</span>
Mark W.

"Easy to use. Always improving. Helpful & friendly."

What do you like best?

The easy editor does exactly as described. Any difficulties i have encountered have always been dealt with by support teams & accounts managers swiftly. There is a definite sense that the staff enjoy what they do and want to work with you to get the best out of their products.

What do you dislike?

Haven't really found anything to be a problem with the service. Perhaps clearer guides & examples on how different sub-products can be used (micro-sites, surveys, landing pages etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend dotMailer if you have a large database of emails as they charge on the amount you send per month rather than the size of your database like other providers. Their support is great and i've found they really go out of their way to work with you.

Using the service enables us to offer a responsive notification service for new clients and since we started using dotMailer over 5 years ago it has become an invaluable source of revenue for us.

dotmailer review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"A dependable acquisition tool with huge (and intuitive) insight options"

What do you like best?

What I like best about dotMailer is that it just works - like 100%. It takes the most up-to-date knowledge in the sector and incorporates it in to a simple, intuitive platform that makes targeted digital marketing something anybody can do. If only all my marketing tools were this reliable.

What do you dislike?

I've been using dotMailer for over 5 years and I can honestly say that there isn't anything I dislike about it.

My key issue is how best to open up two-way communication with a number of vastly different target audiences. Sometimes I need a dialog, sometimes it's a call-to-action, sometimes it's pure data acquisition. dotMailer allows me to juggle each of these through very flexible dynamic content engineering, and a highly creative, data-driven, approach to segmenting audiences. Everything you do in dotMailer is live too, so not only can you download reports instantly, but you can actually tailor campaigns to send only the most popular version of the campaign mid-send.

dotmailer review by <span>Harry P.</span>
Harry P.

"Simple and Easy to use whilst staying cost effective"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer is so easy to use, a newb like me can create professional looking campaigns without breaking a sweat. Whenever I find something isn't working or I can't quite get something how I want, the support team is always ready to help and always manage to fix the issues!

What do you dislike?

Apart from a few features I feel they should add there's not a lot you can dislike because with dotmailer, you get what you came for, cheap and easy E-shot campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I certainly recommend dotMailer if you're looking to save money

Before using Dotmailer I had to hire someone to create our E-Shots, now it's all done internally it's saved us money and time.

dotmailer review by <span>Tony H.</span>
Tony H.

"Outstanding customer service"

What do you like best?

The DotMailer platform takes all the effort out of sending e-mail campaigns yourself, they look after the formatting and reporting with the user just adding the copy. The reporting tool is fantastic, giving clear reports of who's read, who's not, what's working and what's not.

What do you dislike?

Little to dislike about the company and their platform, only thing I might point my finger to is their account screens if you are not paying by DD they can be a little slow to update with your payment showing as received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All the staff we have spoken to at DotMailer have been amazing, ask them anything when you are setting up your account (no matter how silly it may seem) and they will have an answer, or find someone that does.

We are now able to communicate with our intermediaries without the need for a designer or programmer to get involved, sending updates to our teams has become a one man operation and the reports that are generated allow us to see what's of interest and what is not.

dotmailer review by <span>Charlotte Q.</span>
Charlotte Q.

"Easy to use but still has all the tools you need to create a great email campaign."

What do you like best?

As the Marketing Coordinator at DRD, dotMailer has made my life so much easier when it comes to sending out email campaigns to our customer base, and also to prospective customers. The drag and drop feature makes it very very easy to create professional looking emails but without taking up too much time. There is also a large range of pre-deigned templates which means I don't need to rely on a design company build me HTML templates any more. My account manager Marcus Henley is always there to help - he is a pleasure to work with and knows the company very well allowing him to sort out any problems I have very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i get frustrated when i cant make a email look as good as their pre-designed templates. I have been on some Photoshop courses which make it alot easier to create good looking images which help improve the overall look of a campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be great if you could embed YouTube videos using the code you can take from YouTube.

It is now a lot easier to target potential customers. It doesn't take too long to create email shots and send them out which means they are now being sent a lot more often and the results have been great. Not having to rely on others makes such a difference to a company.

dotmailer review by Administrator

"Useful tool with room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Straight forward and easy to understand interface

What do you dislike?

Not as customisable as it should be, feels like it was developed with a single type of clients

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool if you are at the stage of considering to start using this type of products

Tracking success of email campaigns and gaining insight on our target audience

dotmailer review by <span>Sally Ann S.</span>
Sally Ann S.

"Good service from my account manager and great seminars!"

What do you like best?

My account manager is really friendly, helpful and responsive. The regular update emails I receive from dotmailer are useful too, and the seminars they run are excellent. Once you are up and running on the system, creating new emailers is really straightforward.

What do you dislike?

It took a while to get up and running with the system initially. Also integrating the dotmailer system with our online store has not been possible for some aspects (ROI tracking, abandoned baskets etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your email contact strategy and requirements before you begin so that you purchase the right package

Understanding peoples buying cycles and life stage influences better. Targetting more accurately the right products and offers to the right people

dotmailer review by <span>Danielle W.</span>
Danielle W.

"Easy to use and high response"

What do you like best?

We generate a lot of business through emailing out to a large database and find the system simple and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

some times the spam rating goes up and i cannot see how to fix it and end up spending a lot of time talking to support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend dotmailer to anyone. Easy to use and a high response back from potential clients. regular calls from account managers help us to improve our designs in order to reach more people and look more visually pleasing.

we are reaching out to the uk and through dotmailer am able to contact consumers that are further away.

dotmailer review by <span>Steven I.</span>
Steven I.

"Fantastic email marketing platform, changing the way we do email altogether."

What do you like best?

Simple, efficient email templates which pull together well to give a great look and feel to the email.

What do you dislike?

Our emails can occasionally look a bit 'blocky' but this is more to do with the wireframes which we can address with Dotmailer.

We've step changed our email marketing and we're seeing the results in revenue contribution and in the way in which our consumers interact and feedback with us via the email channel.

dotmailer review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Dotmailer is the best"

What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive and clear. It was easy to find and make templates for any campaign.

What do you dislike?

The reporting features were a bit clunky and could use some improvement so it’s easier to track consumer engagement.

It saved a lot of time making appealing emails that generated sales and response.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Fantastic stand alone Email system"

What do you like best?

The easy editor is my favourite part of Dotmailer. You can create a template that is entirely inline with your own branding. You then have so much freedom when it comes to the layout of the email, from choosing text, to adding images, to changing coloured backgrounds, creating columns, adding links and so much more! You can upload your contact lists to dotmailer which allows you to manage all of your data effectively; you can filter the data in so many different ways that it enables you to create really targeted emails. I havent really explored the automated side of Dotmailer but i am really excited about what we could potentially achieve. In addition the packages are good value for money.

What do you dislike?

Dotmailer isn't our only system, we have had to integrate it into Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Whilst there is a good connector in place, it is noticeable that the two systems weren't designed for each other. This is why we haven't explored the automation side of Dotmailer as i'm not sure how it would work when using the two systems together. However, if you are using dotmailer on it's own i do not have any gripes with it at all, in fact i have recommended Dotmailer to another company (who would not need any integration into other systems).

Using Dotmailer we can create professional looking emails in a short space of time. We can segment data and create really targeted email campaigns. We have also created forms for our website that link directly back to a Dotmailer address book- i thought this functionality was particually useful.

dotmailer review by <span>Martyn L.</span>
Martyn L.

"I am an extremely happy user of DotMailer's services"

What do you like best?

The drag and drop WYSIWIG (What You See Is What You Get) nature of the e-mail creation/editing software means that anyone can use it, and no computer programming or HTML knowledge is necessary at all. You can test send as many times as you like and see what it looks like in your inbox (or those of your colleagues) for free, and even pay just £5 to see it in dozens of different e-mail service providers.

What do you dislike?

The microsite editor is a clunky old fashioned editor. It works, and is relatively easy to use, but is nothing like as easy as the e-mail editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this to anyone sending e-mails to their customers or prospective customers.

We have saved thousands of pounds compared to using an agency. We now do it all ourselves.

dotmailer review by <span>Aimee W.</span>
Aimee W.

"Easy to use, good customer service, reliable system."

What do you like best?

I have worked in e-marketing for many years and as a result have had the 'pleasure' of using a variety of e-mail marketing software but I will always recommend dotMailer to any new company I join. The easy-editor tool makes creating emails so simple and the user experience/interface makes life so much easier compared to other tools I have used in the past.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes experience problems with formatting, but that is probably more a case of user error than dotMailers functionality.

As an agency our clients rely on us to support their varying business needs. We have to be versatile, up to speed on current trends and able to react quickly to their requirements. DotMailer supports us to deliver all of this in a cost-effective way.

dotmailer review by User

"Straight forward, to the point, ease of use."

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Progressive approach to programs and campaigns

What do you dislike?

Some aspects aren't as intuitive as assumed

Reporting not as robust for programs as expected

Messaging to members and prospects on a regular basis

Providing members with fitness, health and wellness content to encourage a healthy lifestyle

dotmailer review by <span>Steve S.</span>
Steve S.

"Experienced user of dotMailer and other ESP's"

What do you like best?

The platform is so easy to use even non-marketeers can use it to send branded email campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything to dislike, at this level dotMailer are far and above the best in this space

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you make use of their support, the website the people, they are one of the only companies I know that only develop what the customer needs and is actually led by the customer.

Our previous ESP took ages to send emails and load HTML data, using customers actions were difficult to automate, using dotMailer we have halved our time to send emails and have automated a lot of our processess so we are more efficient.

We have increased our email engagement, created more leads and have more insight than ever before in an easy to use intuative platform.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"Dotmailer Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and user friendliness

What do you dislike?

I dont like how some html links dont work

We're able to determine which email campaigns have more effectiveness and deliverability with dotmailer campaign reports. We realized the benefits of understanding which consumers benefit from our emails.

dotmailer review by <span>Ben G.</span>
Ben G.

"Very decent for smaller organisations without a big budget for email software"

What do you like best?

Creating a campaign, uploading a list and sending an email is what Dotmailer is good at - in fact, in my experience it's better than anyone for that in terms of ease-of-use. Their WYSIWYG editor is as good as Mailchimp's as well, although it's not something I've used much as my company had dedicated design and coding resource for email.

In general, the software is very easy to use and is absolutely perfect for small businesses just starting out in email marketing or who don't have very advanced requirements. Their drag and drop segmentation tool, which was added a while ago is also very useful.

What do you dislike?

Account management is poor. I've had 3 different account managers and all have been slow to respond to emails and hard to contact by phone. Their general support line isn't great either. Before I moved to another provider (Responsys, much more expensive!) Dotmailer had 2 major days of downtime which had a significant effect on my revenue.

Their API is also not designed for uploading large lists to, it's a nightmare to automate daily data transfers into although I appreciate this isn't their typical user.

Dotmailer enabled us to send large volumes of email quickly and cheaply.

dotmailer review by <span>Lydia K.</span>
Lydia K.

"dotMailer review, using email, SMS and Survey function. "

What do you like best?

The easier editor is great, simple to use. Once you've created a template it can be manipulated simply.

Having an account manager means your questions are answered quickly and they can show new opportunities for the company based on their knowledge of the dotMailer platform and our business.

What do you dislike?

Slightly disappointed with the SMS system, it doesn't link with the contacts in the email system and seems to be very basic. This is an area they appear to be behind in their offering, very little reporting is available.

Setting up trigger campaigns and creating direct mail to our contact list is great. We are able to send out regular updates and keep in contact with our database.

dotmailer review by <span>Anna S.</span>
Anna S.

"My 7 Years with dotmailer"

What do you like best?

I receive fantastic support from dotmailer, the new easy editor system is absolutely cracking and has saved me so much time. They are constantly developing the software to make sure it is as user friendly as possible and it has all the functionality I could wish for.

What do you dislike?

I cannot really fault the software or support I receive from my Business Support Manager - he is always on the end if the phone (and that can me multiple times a day). I would like more information on my competitors, legislation etc on a regular basis.

I run an email marketing business and have over 20 accounts with dotmailer. It is vital for my business that everything runs smoothly and any issues are fixed quickly. The Easy Editor makes my life so much easier and speeds everything up, being able to give my customers access to reporting and the ability to export their data, without allowing them to access with the design or send process has freed up so much time. I am in total control of my accounts. I couldn't run my business without dotmailer and the support I receive.

dotmailer review by <span>David W.</span>
David W.

"Quality software with good functionality and user support to match"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer is a proactive platform, constantly being updated and they are very good at keeping customers advised of new functionality. The platform is pretty easy to use and for me the Easy Editor is a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

The microsite offering is basic and the SMS costs are well above those offered by specialists in this field (hence we don't use this part of the offering)

Dotmailer allows us to market both internally and externally rapidly and professionally with high quality presentation and really solid reporting system. The functionality of the software has removed the need for all but the most simplistic coding knowledge and considerably reduced the time it takes to create, proof and release emails to our target audience.

dotmailer review by <span>Joey W.</span>
Joey W.

"Great software for a complicated world."

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of dotMailer, I used to use other companies for email marketing and they constantly changed their layouts and options. dotMailer keeps is simple and has created an excellent platform for sending out important marketing emails.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything, but I would say that one improvement could be the ease of dipping in and out of mailers, it's difficult when creating several email communications at the same time to make small adjustments without going through a lengthy process.

We're solving the problem of keeping a huge amount of data in one place, in various lists. Realising the ease of gathering data from the sent email communications is a really simple task that is make easier with dotMailer.

dotmailer review by Consultant in Business Supplies and Equipment
Consultant in Business Supplies and Equipment

"A complete email marketing platfrom with support"

What do you like best?

Overall the best feature of Dotmailer for me is the easy editor, this allows me to design bespoke campaigns all with clickable and trackable links. We send out over 12K emails 4x a month in this platfrom and have done for years, this has meant different looking campaigns each time and i feel that the platform allows us to change templates and designs very quickly.

What do you dislike?

The only flaw i have is that the program and system can be quite slow, in terms of changing between folder and especially when uploading images into the template. This can be annoying at times but i can sympathise as the process is a complex one.

We do over 48K emails a month and find that this is an effective revenue stream for us, this allows us to reach customers directly with great devliverability thanks to Dotmailer, one benefit i do like is the account managemnt and the input from the proffesionals when it comes to subject lines and email design. Often a fresh set of eyes can really help make the final touches to a great campaign,

dotmailer review by <span>Kenneth T.</span>
Kenneth T.

"Kenneth Torr from Metafour ltd, review of Dotmailer "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create professional looking mailouts. and the clear reporting pages.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing that I really dislike about Dotmailer. The system works very well for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend dotmailer to anybody looking for an easy to use professional mailing system. Dotmailer staff are great to work with, and regularly offer training to help you keep up with best practice.

Dotmailer helps us reach our customer and prospect base regularly with great looking emails.

dotmailer review by <span>Shriharsha Bhat | O.</span>
Shriharsha Bhat | O.

"dotMailer is a fantastic tool"

What do you like best?

I have personally worked on dotmailer and a few other email marketing tools available and have to say that this is one of the best that is available. The simple interface, easy to use tools, drag and drop feature, highly customizable elements, easy access to high quality analytics and reporting tools makes dotMailer one of the best tools for email marketing. Initially, it took me a couple of hours to design the first few email campaigns. But once, i got familiar with the interface (which was around the third or fourth email campaign), it took me nothing more than 20 minutes to design a campaign from scratch! The default campaign flow is designed to make work easy for marketers and saves a lot of time. Plus, the dotMailer support team and the community has almost all the answers you need if you get stuck on any aspect. Its easy to import leads or contacts into the database (of course, it has it's own watchdog), segment the database and run an email campaign.

What do you dislike?

While using the template feature, the images you upload tend to pixalate. Hence if you want to use an image as the banner for any email campaign, make sure that it fits into the template options and that file size is not too less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this email marketing tool, since it is among the cheaper ones available in the market and which is efficient as well. you might want to consider other tools like Marketo or MailChimp, but if on a tight budget, then this is a good option.

"New dotmailer user"

What do you like best?

The re-mail feature is very helpful as well as the ability to build free landing pages.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about dotmailer

Dotmailer software has made it simple for our company to communicate marketing and corporate messages with our customers.

dotmailer review by <span>Harriett H.</span>
Harriett H.

"Easy to use and saves time!"

What do you like best?

I have been using dotMailer for about a year now and I find it very easy to use compared to other email service providers. The drag and drop feature makes building an email easy. The subject line testing tool is great, we can test a couple of different emails and check how well it does before we send it out. Service has been consistent.

What do you dislike?

Overall it’s great, have no complaints. Whenever I had questions, when I first started using the platform, I would just give the dotmailer support a ring and they would help me through it.

Using dotMailer has saved us a lot of time and money. It has cut down our email building and execution time by half by sending emails to large lists very quickly and easily. Anyone can use it and you don't need to be tech savvy to use the platform.

dotmailer review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"User friendly for the offset "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, self explanatory. The live chat is also very helpful

What do you dislike?

Not being able to switch from one account to the other without logging out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend as it’s so easy to use.

Learning how our customers interact with our emails

dotmailer review by <span>Ewa S.</span>
Ewa S.

"User friendly, intuitive software "

What do you like best?

Drag & drop editor is an absolute life saver, makes work so much easier. You do not need any html skills & it's very intuitive, making dotmailer a platform that is easily introduced to non-technical members of staff.

Survey data field mapping is really helpful, as it makes database segmentation completely automated.

What do you dislike?

The dynamic content cloning feature is great but should have an option to name you dynamic content, so when you clone it you don't have to go through tones of meaningless randomly assigned numbes

Useful for database segmentation and easy in house e-mail marketing,