dotmailer

Email marketing software and marketing automation for SMEs, retailers, and big brands.

Work for dotmailer?

Learning about dotmailer?

dotmailer Reviews

Ask dotmailer a Question
Showing 156 dotmailer reviews
dotmailer review by Samantha G.
Samantha G.

"One of the best email marketing tool"

What do you like best?

The interface design is clean and organized making it easy to find what you're looking for. The drag and drop feature when building an email is easy to use compared to bronto and offers more features!

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to choose a group to send to while at the same time choosing another group to not send to so that any overlapping emails would not get the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offered us a month trial to get in and look at all the things they offer in there so I think that was the most helpful in deciding whether or not to switch from Bronto. You can definitely see you get more at a better price.

There is a lot more additional features other email marketing tools don't have I like that we have the option to send out SMS and can make emails that show related products to ones people have used in the past.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about dotmailer
dotmailer review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

"Dotmailer makes life easier "

What do you like best?

There are so many things to like beat about dotmailer. The user interface is classically deaigned and simple to use. Building email

campaigns is as simple as drag and drop with custom built templates or templates that you create on your own.

Not a designer? Not a problem! The entire system is built off anyone being able to use it. Don’t mistake the simplicity of using the platform for a lack of features. Address books, segments and customer scores make it a one stop tool for brand building, transactional and ecommerce

Marketing through email.

Even better than the platform is the customer service. Each individual at dotmailer treats the customer with the highest respect.

What do you dislike?

Automation programs can be a bit stronger and beefing up the reporting to make sure that the programs are firing as designed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend dotmailer to other users. Not a perfect product but the customer service and technical teams listen and genuinely care about making it better for each user.

We utilize dotmailer to trigger our ecommerce transactional emails through Magento. This provided a much higher delivery success rate and allows us to track each email through the clients.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

dotmailer review by Andrés C.
Andrés C.

"A complete suite for e-mail marketing and more"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer has the best WYSIWYG email editor on the market. It is extremely flexible, it allows creating complex layouts on emails without sacrificing client cross-compatibility too much. The automation tool is robust and easy to use. The segmentation functionality is very flexible and allows implementing very specific rules for creating segments.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat clunky interface that could use a little refreshment. Contact uploading is a little hard. The reporting tools have room for improvement, especially on the exporting side.

We run continent-wide email communications in multiple languages for millions of people. The ease of use and rich set of functionality that Dotmailer brings enables us build and send communications in matter of hours, a key ability in an industry as fast-moving as airlines.

The sophisticated automation tools have helped us create a robust set of automated customer interactions via email, based on transactional data collected from various sources, allowing us to sell more and improve our relations with our customers.

dotmailer review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"Automation Made Simple"

What do you like best?

The best feature offered by Dotmailer is Email Automation Programs. My organization was able to set up a Welcome email series for donors. We had never created anything like it before, and already the results are astounding.

What do you dislike?

The feature I dislike is the integration aspect. We've been working for a long time to get Salesforce reporting to connect with Dotmailer address books. Since this integration piece isn't already offered, we must create it ourselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend users thoroughly look into the options Dotmailer can offer their organization. The drag-and-drop editor, automation, and address books features are a compelling reason to consider.

The benefits of having a new donor welcome series are too frequent to mention. We are seeing real feedback that is overwhelmingly positive. Our donors feel more connected to us, and subsequently, want to increase (even double!) their giving.

dotmailer review by Lisa-Marie G.
Lisa-Marie G.

"Seamless and fun!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and innovative technology. The easy editor makes creating emails fun. Great customer service from support and my account manager Antony. The many valuable webinars and seminars keeps me on top of trends and the continuously changing industry. I don't know what I would do without them.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I do not like about dotmailer. They are always exceeding expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow plenty of time for onboarding to the platform to ensure that everything you need is in the system. Get it right the first time and the rest is simple and easy.

Increased revenue and site visits. Productivity has increased due to the ease of use. We are also able to engage and convert lapsed customers.

dotmailer review by User

"Easy to use with great support "

What do you like best?

The email editor with the built-in templates just makes life so much easier, flexible segmentation builders, easy to use automation and good reporting tools. The onboarding team was really helpful especially with our Magento set up and training. The customer service for me is a huge selling point of the platform. Having multiple support members on live chat is essential for ensuring you don't miss your deadlines. A response is instant and bugs are once in a blue moon. Honestly, I couldn't recommend it enough.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things like; it would be lovely to exclude segments (as you can for the time being only do so with address books) and it would be nice to be more specific on some of the automation segmentations but seriously, I've used a couple of different ESP's and you know what I can live with this. DM constantly updates and improves the platform with correct testing and planning involved so there is little to no downtime for the users. The positives outweigh the negatives always!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend considering dotmailer particularly to small teams, where a fast overturn of campaigns are needed and quickly. The ease of putting together campaigns quickly, testing and being able to automate makes email marketing so much easier.

Better segmentation than our previous ESP which resulted in higher conversion and engagement rates. The ability to quickly put together campaigns with the ease of the editor and quickly look at report overviews to understand what worked and what didn't.

dotmailer review by User

"Dotmailer: Not very user-friendly, but does the job"

What do you like best?

Once you get used to using this platform for creating emails, it's not too bad. They turn out quite appealing for targeted audiences. I love the feature where you can see metrics of who's seen the email, how many people unsubscribed, and ROI. This data is useful for our organization for future emails. It's very customizable and you can make it look however you want.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using Dotmailer, it was very confusing. You basically learn by clicking around everywhere and figuring out where all the functions are. The emails I create now look much better than the ones I made 6 months ago. One of my least favorite things about Dotmailer is the LAG. There is so much lag on the site, and it also doesn't autosave. The other day, I spent a lot of time on an email but never hit "Save". When I lost internet and refreshed the page, I lost everything I had worked on... Also, the overall layout is just not very advanced and certain features are hidden deep within the settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe invest in a more advanced version. The one I use it very slow and laggy

We use Dotmailer for weekly emails to our mentors, for fundraising outreach, and for Board communications

"Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

We made the switch from ExactTarget to Dotmailer and never looked back! With the seamless Magento integration and easy editor tool for laying out emails, we find the system very easy to use and helping us to make great strides in our email marketing efforts. On top of that, the cost is extremely fair and the support team and account managers are really great. They truly want to help your business succeed in email marketing and go above and beyond to make that happen!

What do you dislike?

A few wonkly features like having to do preheaders as white text in the email body and not being able to easily do exclusions during the send. The reporting is good but I wish it was a bit more robust.

We switched from ExactTarget which was going to cost thousands of dollars to integrate with Magento. Dotmailer offers a seamless integration with tons of automation options.

dotmailer review by Administrator

"Great UI - Easy to use and navigate"

What do you like best?

Building complex email campaigns are really simple - you can drag and drop your required fields and easily get started!

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the information is synced back to the lead/contact records in Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a lot of email marketing and marketing automation systems out there - make sure that you carefully evaluate exactly what features that you need. If you have a marketing team that is not so technically minded - putting Dotmailer in place gives you a really simple way to build/create email marketing collateral such as landing pages, forms and surveys and more complex email campaigns that will help you to track and measure your prospect's behaviours. In comparison to a lot of other solutions, it is also more cost-effective.

The landing page builder makes it really easy to build nicely designed landing pages that helps our lead generation campaigns.

dotmailer review by User

"Relatively consistently good service with a few bugs"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple and easy to learn. Dotmailer provides a simple drag and drop tool for designing HTML email marketing campaigns. It is also very organized and easy to find your way around even with minimal knowledge of the product.

Dotmailer also has fantastic customer service. I have had issues in the past creating an email campaign, and Dotmailer's site features an instant messaging tool that puts you in touch with one of the customer services reps. These people are very friendly and helpful, which goes a long way. I never feel like I am up the creek without a paddle when I run into a problem.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, Dotmailer will fail to send out requested test emails. I always send myself test emailers before I send them out to the actual client. There are times when I I will select to send out a test email, and the email will never show up in my inbox. This will happen with multiple tries.

Another issue is that you have to pay extra to test your emailers for spam (as in, whether or not it will be caught by a spam blocker). We have issues where some of our campaigns do not reach clients due to spam blockers. It would be great if this was included into the price of using the software, and not an extra charge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is always important to check out other services before committing to one. My company uses Mailchimp, for example, which is better suited for internal communications.

E-marketing, which is the bulk of my companies marketing initiative. The benefits of using Dotmailer allow us

"Robust Email Platform"

What do you like best?

All of the options Dotmailer provides us as an email client. So many great options we still havent had time to dive into all of them yet

What do you dislike?

Have had some trouble with dotmailer trying to move us to a sending server with a lower reputation because of our email list where we did not have that issue with other server providers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep clients better informed of when they will be switched to a sending server with a lower reputation, reporting right now is very minimal and a bit vague

Dotmailer is helping us introduce ourselves to people who have entered one of our contests by an email series we have setup. Benefits have been sending out emails with questions so that we can better sort our customers by their likes and dislikes

dotmailer review by Kyler J.
Kyler J.

"DotMailer is relatively simple to use and the customer service is great."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to truly customize campaigns and that you can market to specific customer groups with ease.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a hug fan of the fact that DotMailer charges more to help build out specific automations. I feel like this should be included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what is included and what is not when choosing a plan. Think ahead of what you will need in the future of your email marketing, not the present.

We are utilizing DotMailer to market to the emails we gather at events which we were unable to reach before.

dotmailer review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Unsubscribe lists now useless to us"

What do you like best?

Templates look good and work well. Using through third party TT Mail, but always good customer service.

What do you dislike?

That you can no longer export the full details (i.e. donor number) of your own donor, which you uploaded in the first place, once they unsubscribe. We now cannot put the file back into our database to update GDPR preferences, without manually having to add the donor number back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if your database can match on email address, otherwise you won't be able to automatically upload unsubscribe lists to update donor preferences. Very frustrating since this has been possible for the 10+ years we've used TT Mail, but was withdrawn due to misinterpretation of the new GDPR regs.

We've used DotMailer for years, through charity intermediary TT Mail. It has been excellent, until a recent 'improvement', justified by some 'interesting'interpretation of the new GDPR regs, means that when we generate an unsubscribed list, the exported file no longer contains our donor number. Since we input the donor number and other info ourselves and are obviously only doing so with donors who have a clear email opt-in, this seems ridiculous. Our charity database need to match back on donor number and so now, we are having to do it manually. DotMailer seem unable or unwilling to resolve this, so we are now being forced to find an alternative email solution.

dotmailer review by Anna B.
Anna B.

"Full featured enterprise solution"

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly, reliable, and innovative. For an enterprise solution, we get a lot of features for a great cost. Salesforce integration is strong and works well. Documentation is very helpful, and customer support is very knowledgeable. On-boarding was very efficient and thorough. Platform is updated often with great new features.

What do you dislike?

Automation in sync with Salesforce could be greatly improved with a few additional key features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a mid-level to executive solution, make sure to check out the features and see a demo. It's got several great integrations and features that make it very functional and cost effective..

Automated segmentation; Efficient sync with Salesforce

dotmailer review by Rudy P.
Rudy P.

"Dotmailer - Simple to Use but..."

What do you like best?

Simple to use with drag and drop feature on building email.

Simple to execute automation with visual logic to follow

Simple to integrate to some commonly used CMS / Ecommerce platforms - Magento, Shopify etc.

What do you dislike?

Slow to load the page

The integration is not optimized - slow, buggy and resource hungry

Many of the advanced features are relying on how you integrate with your platforms.

No customizable reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your budget and level of CRM experience, Dotmailer may be the right choice for your first experience

It helps us to trigger automatic responses and email automation. However if for whatever reasons the automation is broken (module updates or data errors), the system does not show any flags or warning.

dotmailer review by User in Internet

"Gets the emails out, but not the easiest or most reliable tool available"

What do you like best?

I like that each email address counts as one contact no matter how many lists it's on. The ReMail option is a quick and easy way to follow up with nonopeners. The automation program designer is a good visual tool for mapping out communication plans.

What do you dislike?

The automation works decently, but it's not all the way there yet. It's difficult to tell if your program is functioning the way you want it to, and the triggers can be pretty limiting. The reporting is not great. Reports that should be easy to access are either nonexistent or difficult to find. We've also had some issues with the time difference between where we are and where the dotmailer team is based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're planning to do any sort of automation, test our your programs and compare dotmailer to the other more automation-focused marketing products.

We moved to dotmailer to send lots of emails to lots of people. We are able to send large quantities of emails quickly.

"User Friendly Sophistication"

What do you like best?

The dotmailer platform uniquely provides the ease of use without being at the expense of sophistication. Being able to personalization, dynamic content, and more complex segmentation is learned intuitively.

What do you dislike?

It would be beneficial to have a calendar showing previous and future sends. Being able to hover over a send on a calendar with rudimentary segment and campaign info gives a over view which is less helpful in list form.

The intuitive ability for creating and repeat use of campaign design with the use of dynamic content and personalization. This ability has increased unique opens and client engagement. The control and intricacy of building segments is very logical. This allows us to better target customers based on highly specific product, geo, and historical data.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"DotMailer is a great platform if you want a easy-to-integrate and supported email platform"

What do you like best?

The support group is amazing at Dotmailer - happy to help you with your integration. I hopped on calls often for help from the dotmailer team, talking about anything from list importing to email best practices. Support is excellent. Also, the integration with Magento is solid and customizable - we had ample customizations tha really helped us deliver the best marketing we could.

What do you dislike?

The UI/UX is a bit old and outdated, and can be slightly confusing, compared to other platforms. The UI can also be confusing, with contradictory Calls to Action. Another thing to keep in mind is that the platform seems to be based and built in the UX, meaning the language can be a tad different than if you're located in the US. Other email platforms have better User Experience hands down.

Also, there are far less integrations than other email tools like Mailchimp. This really hindered our ability to fully integrate across our platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dotmailer is a great platform for those who want customizability, as well as AI-powered functionality. However, per-user it can be more expensive than other solutions, like MailChimp - the cost for us wasn't worth it.

We needed an email platform that was highly customizable and integrated well with MailChimp. At the time, there weren't many that worked extremely well. Dotmailer's Magento integration was excellent.

We wanted to market to our many interested consumers, with a list size in the hundreds of thousands.

dotmailer review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Enterprise Platform at SMB Cost"

What do you like best?

As a Magento partner, we like that dotmailer is now integrated with Magento's core. The segmentation abilities with Magento has helped our customers grow their site revenue considerably with less effort than managing an entry level ESP.

What do you dislike?

I have heard from some of our customers that the sales process has been very pushy. Sometimes the sales reps need to take it easy but I know they are under pressure to hit numbers just like any Enterprise SaaS company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dotmailer has essentially all of the features/functionality/service that other platforms provide but they are the most competitive on price.

Definitely providing a solution for more accurate and targeted emails. Segmentation is key.

dotmailer review by La Kesha W.
La Kesha W.

"Dotmailer Review "

What do you like best?

I love that it's simple and straight to the point. I don't have to worry about going threw multiple steps in order to send an email. I can just upload my list, write the email and get it going.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there aren't APIs to connect to our databases. When we need to send a campaign we have to upload a new lost every time. This is added time to the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that someone who is considering this would complete at least 3 full campaigns in order to get the full effect.

What I am solving is the growth of our customers. We are looking to increase the business and grow our revenue.

dotmailer review by Administrator

"Good, intuitive drag and drop system"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use - minimal training needed. I've found bugs needing coding fixes are few and far between. Quick and easy to drag and drop images and other files into emails. Easy and quick to build surveys.

What do you dislike?

A few actions aren't clear from the interface, which have required help from dotmailer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check that the package you're going for includes any templates that you need from the outset, or there will be additional charges for this development work. I have encountered bugs with email templates but the support team have been excellent and have helped with this.

Our comms look professional and consistent. Emails and surveys are quick to build and we can monitor response rates, helping with ROI.

dotmailer review by Administrator

"Dotmailer for small business"

What do you like best?

the ease of using, setting up templates, and keeping things up to date. I also love the settings we have to read followup on our emails sent.

What do you dislike?

I think it is pricey for what you get. i totally get the initial startup costs but I'm curious why the cost continues to stay high when so little is done by the DM team once set up

Recommendations to others considering the product

-once you get past the initial setup, its easy to use

-the chat help function is always helpful and willing to work with you on specific questions

-don't be afraid to create more than one template. you can copy and edit it yourself with ease

-copy and paste email campaigns if you want them to be similar; way less time consuming

-make your own building blocks. it took me way to long to realize how easy they were to create and use.

We are working on mass mailers and sharing specials.

i like the ease of creating specific groups/segments to target

dotmailer review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Simple, flexible and good breadth of features/functionalities"

What do you like best?

It's simple to use but has a lot of features. Campaigns can be set up in a matter of minutes and each campaign can be analysed in detail.

What do you dislike?

The questionnaire functionality does not allow for pre-population of fields within questions from a file or from previous responses within the same questionnaire. This means that the respondent might have to go back to the email or go by memory when you want to ask about individualized detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you send campaigns regularly to different types of audiences with different types of content, you should use naming conventions for your campaigns that allows you to group them quickly in the campaign report export. Otherwise you will spend a day and a half trying sorting the apples from the oranges in a massive spreadsheet.

Easy branding of communications and the ability to analyse conversion rates. We have been able to improve open rates and operational turnaround time.

dotmailer review by brian s.
brian s.

"Markwins"

What do you like best?

The UX for the admin is very versatile and allows for (what seems like) endless digital marketing toolsl

What do you dislike?

Unless I am doing it wrong, I have to sign out and sign back in to switch accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a great on-boarding experience and training sessions to learn the tools as desired.

Email marketing is what we initially wanted this tool for. We have realized that the data we are seeing is helping with brand/marketing efforts.

dotmailer review by Marie-Pier T.
Marie-Pier T.

"Very simple but limited"

What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly. Easy to navigate and make actions without searching how. Sytem is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Options are very limited. To resend an email for non openers for example, we cannot choose time and day, only schedule it according to the first email schedule (example resend to non openers 2 days after, no other options)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adding features and options.

Create segment list of contacts. Easy overview on mass emailing performance.

dotmailer review by Claire E. G.
Claire E. G.

"Great Service! Simple & Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer is awesome, it is super intuitive and easy to use. The interface is simple which makes it not too overwhelming to use. Their account management is also awesome, that is what I would say sets it apart from the rest.

What do you dislike?

The support team definitely needs some work. We experienced some difficulties with our onboarding and support was not able to help at all. That being said, the account management team is one of the best in the game.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and make sure this product will meet all of your needs!

We have been working on refining our email marketing processes. This has helped us get our email lists organized and in one place. It is a very straightforward tool.

dotmailer review by Kelly M.
Kelly M.

"Easy to use ISP"

What do you like best?

I like the drag and drop design. You can make professional emails quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I am happy with Dotmailer with what I use it for which is setting up automations to send emails and collecting email addresses.

Collecting emails for direct email marketing, producing direct marketing emails, and tracking the success of our email marketing campaigns.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Dotmailer for email, survey and landing pages"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to create fantastic looking emails, survey and then segments based on the responses. The data fields make it really flexible and efficient to track

What do you dislike?

The survey designer could be better to make the surveys look more like the email and in keeping, so would like to be able to include logo and banner images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good all round solution, however limited integration into CRM systems, ours doesnt integrate and this is the only reason we have started to look elsewhere. Great easy to use application

We are bulk emailing segments and using the automation. The reporting is quick and easy, but it would be nice to combine the clicks through with the survey responses which would save time as this matching up is currently a manual process.

dotmailer review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Dotmailer Fan"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer customer service is hands down awesome. They always go out of their way to help you, endlessly follow up and are just very dedicated to making your life easier and your email strategy more effective. If you are a novice, they clearly and concisely explain things and the interface supports this. It's an easy tool and I highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I really don't like is the hidden preheader field.

We are merging two companies and have so far found great success in bringing new brands onto the platform while also maintaining separate brand identities, lists, etc.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Reliable and clever, but tough reporting"

What do you like best?

I think that the tool has several interesting trigger, dynamic feed, and segmentation capabilities that make it ideal for marketers, and the one-to-one service we received from both Sophie Sherley-Dale and Jonny Dixon was extraordinary: their insights and approach were thoughtful and educated.

What do you dislike?

We found the onboarding process with Dotmailer to be very challenging...they seem to have some issues with project management. Otherwise, software-wise, we just felt the automated reporting to be fairly rudimentary and not incredibly useful, and the reporting functions that we needed couldn't be met with customization. Also, the HTML functions within this solution are limited, so it's not great for development/customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that all of your reporting needs are met at the segment (as opposed to campaign) level before signup. Sign up for service retainer hours, as I do believe that Dotmailer functions and serves best with constant attention from their account managers and strategists working with your internal team, as the tool can be somewhat counterintuitive or opaque when it comes to surfacing information or approaching specific automated actions.

Dotmailer has thought about some very useful and very turnkey solutions with Magento specifically.

We are trying to work to speak to customers over a nine-month pregnancy, which proved a bit challenging with the restrictions on number of actions with Dotmailer's automated campaign, but the ability to query and use customer information was strong.

dotmailer review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"intuitive platform that surpasses expectation "

What do you like best?

The advanced automation features that you can adjust very easily coupled with a great analytics suite. Customer support is always there to help and has proven to be very useful for a medium sized business like ourselves.

What do you dislike?

i do wish they offered some more templates to choose from. Their custom design service makes up for that a bit

we're able to conduct a great deal of experimentation to see what word/picture combinations click with our customers and different segments of customers. Overall our engagement numbers have nearly doubled and we are very excited to see what we'll be able to achieve next.

dotmailer review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"A good product, held back by their support team"

What do you like best?

Their 'easy editor' is simply amazing and above and beyond anything else on the market. Their segmentation tools are powerful and could not be easier to use. Their reseller tools are useful and perfect for agencies. Their automation tools are SO easy to pick up and use and the easiest to master on the market. Their roadmap is easily available and they bring a lot of decent updates regulary. Their key account team are the best in the business.

What do you dislike?

Their support team are horrendous and do not seem to know how to use the tool properly. Their sales and key account team consistently prove that they know more about the product than the support team do and they repeatedly state incorrect facts about the tool which just causes confusion. If the tool has any form of large outage, the communication is ridiculously poor and they have been in dire need of proper support management for years. It seems to be the only area where they do not grow their product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The budget is required to get the most out of dotmailer. The more you put in, the more you will get out. Work with the team to get the most out of them and ensure your know how to use the tool effectively to lesson your need for support.

We needed an easy to use, easy to setup and simple email tool for non technical users to pick up and master. Dotmailer offered this in spades, consitently turning standard or non technical users into marketing guru's thanks to its exceptionally initiative UI and design. The knowledge base is building and the easy editor allows users to become designers, which is a massive deal. The benefits have been incredible; giving a number of users a lot more tools and ability than they would over any other marketing tool on the market.

dotmailer review by User

"Complete but not Complex"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a ton of point and click I like the surveys feature easy to create and modify the survey

What do you dislike?

The thing I like least is the survey feature in a sense the template part I wish I could do more with templates the features of creating them are fine also wish it was easier to categorize info

Recommendations to others considering the product

sign up for webinars and all their tutroials

We are solving how we stay in contact with our clients and customers. We have seen our email performance do much better

dotmailer review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"It's been ok, no real issues. Don't really use it as much as we should I guess..."

What do you like best?

Integrated with Magento, Live chat support pretty much anytime. Onboarding help made it quite a bit easier to get going.

What do you dislike?

Cost for data storage, data syncing seems to have issues, it's brought our server down previously. Cost.

Email marketing with a direct integration with Magento.

dotmailer review by Lanie N.
Lanie N.

"Great, but not as robust"

What do you like best?

The account services team is exceptional

What do you dislike?

Limitations in building templates and editing content. The A/B testing options for content and segments should be better executed. There isn't an easy flow to do this.

Dotmailer is our ESP and we use it every day to communicate with our consumers via emails

dotmailer review by Chante W.
Chante W.

"Easy to use email system"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to create campaigns, landing pages, and surveys. I love how easy it is to implement the automation portion as well.

What do you dislike?

The minimal amount of template for email campaigns. I would like to see more templates annually or quarterly.

Automating surveys and feedback from our clients.

dotmailer review by User

"Best Email Marketing Automation Software"

What do you like best?

The onboarding process was fairly seamless and I like all the additional features other email software don't provide such as landing pages, AB testing, surveys, etc. Customer support is also top class. Reporting is also easy to read and helps to optimize future campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular stands out as this is the best program I've used so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All things I've mentioned before.

Automation, time-saving, reaching customers faster. Measuring results to optimize future campaigns to drive better responses to our email and open rates.

dotmailer review by Agency
Agency

"Great product, great functionality, and the best automation workflow I've used"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very customizable with the email designer, access to the HTML source code is very helpful as well, not many platforms give you access. Great user management and segmentation. The best email automation workflow process that I've seen in an email marketing platform.

What do you dislike?

I have two separate clients using the platform so far, plus I'm partner certified - I haven't seen anything that I've disliked yet.

Staying in front of customers via email, it's been very positive so far.

"DotMailer Review"

What do you like best?

DotMailer is an easy-to-use platform. I am able to quickly create and send emails.

What do you dislike?

The automatic billing feature did not function for awhile. Our account was shut off temporarily for insufficient payment because the system was not drawing properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. There is little risk here.

DotMailer has been extremely helpful in our overall marketing plan. It has helped to get more eyes on our products, and on our website, blog, social channels, etc.

dotmailer review by Keith Y.
Keith Y.

"Horrible Experience"

What do you like best?

Nuk our technical rep was pleasant to work with.

What do you dislike?

I signed an agreement with Dotmailer on May 20, 2015. I met the Dotmailer sales rep at the Magento Imagine conference. I was assured that the integration with Magento Enterprise was a simple integration with their Dotmailer extension. I felt confident as Dotmailer is Magento Platinum partner that this would be the case. During this time I reached out to them to make sure I wasn't going to be charged until it is up and running. I was reassured that they would not charge me until it is running. After more than three months of them trying to implement this on August 31st, we finally gave a week's notice to get it up and running. Not only did they not get it up in a week it was still not up by the end of September. In October they finally tell me it is working so I schedule a training to get it started. Then that after more than 4 months of waiting that I would have to wait another 3 weeks for training. On top of that they send me a bill for the last 4 months. I really still don't know if i works or not. Mind you during this time I did not hear from a supervisor or manager. I let them know that we would not continue with Dotmailer. I finally hear from a manager who states there was no reason for a manager to get involved and threatened me with the agreement and when I asked him if he considered that acceptable he hung up on me. Since then I have received numerous invoices and now calls from a collection agency.

Cart Abandonment, triggered/transactional emails, post purchase, etc.

dotmailer review by Joi B.
Joi B.

"dotmailer user for over 4 years"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop editor is time-saving and easy-to-use. The platform includes a set of advanced features, like A/B testing on subject line or content, personalization, a dynamic content builder, and segmentation tools that work on numerous data points and behaviors. The platform is very stable and navigation intuitive. Analytics are superb, with drill downs for in depth marketing analysis. Comparing one campaign to another or many campaigns against each other is easy to manage. Email client reports, hotspots, pdf reporting, all available.

What do you dislike?

dotmailer often rev's their platform. If you have created customized templates or procedures, be aware that a review of any customization every 6 months or so would capitalize on platform improvements. The toolset is a bit expensive, but is well worth the expense if you are a medium to large-sized business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the company's resources, as their knowledge base is comprehensive. The company is primarily based in the UK and therefore international. Enjoy dotmailer!

dotmailer providers a comprehensive set of tools: email marketing, automation, transactional marketing, surveys, landing pages. For a busy marketing department, the software platform can readily manage: signups, lead-gen, email broadcasts, automation, transactions, re-engagement, surveys and events. Drag and drop and HTML editors provide an interface for beginners or those with advanced skills. Email metrics monitor unsubscribes, opens, clicks, clicks-to-open rate, and bounces. Revenue and web traffic can also be monitored with some pretty simple javascripting adjustments.

dotmailer review by Katy S.
Katy S.

"Dotmailer is an amazingly flexible and responsive platform and the support they offer is superb."

What do you like best?

The constantly improving features means that new features are always being developed to meet the changing digital landscape and keep our activity relevant to our supporters. Particularly the improvement to make our template and the survey responsive.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes take time for recommendations to be taken on board and become an active element. A quicker process, with more feedback, for suggesting new features would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dotmailer is an extremely versatile system and the support they offer will help you to approach any problem in a way that will make it possible to resolve it effectively.

Dotmailer allows us to solve multiple problems when using it. It provides a solid platform for direct email campaigns with our supporters. It also allows us to make use of automation, surveys and dynamic content to make sure our emails are extremely targeted and responsive to the supporter to give them a better experience.

dotmailer review by Adam M.
Adam M.

"Industry Leading Feature Set, Expectations Exceeding User Experience"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer is mind blowingly intuitive to use. On most systems, the power user features are buried or hidden in nonsensical locations. Dotmailer's advanced tools are somehow always in front of you as fast as you can consume them.

What do you dislike?

Looking forward to the future roadmap and integrations with additional machine learning and AI systems.

Dotmailer allows our clients to take advantage of advanced email marketing techniques.

dotmailer review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Great for normal users, useless for developers"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for non-technical users. Good analytics features, and good reporting.

What do you dislike?

Makes it very hard to develop custom HTML emails compatible with easy editor, documentation on the subject very old. The pre-built designs included with the platform look very dated, they seem to really want everyone to use their email customisation service.

Their back-end platform seems quite dated too and there are certain UX elements that just don't make sense. Their default templates also don't seem to follow the latest conventions in email design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a basic email service then by all means choose dotmailer. but if you are an email developer who wants to implement cutting-edge features and modern designs do not go for this service, as others offer easier customisation options.

Trying to implement a marketing automation service.

dotmailer review by Vincent P.
Vincent P.

"A killer admin loaded with features and tons of segmentation for pinpoint targeting."

What do you like best?

Migrating over from another large email platform, what really stands out with dotmailer are the segmentation and automation tools. Syncing customer and order data from Magento is seamless and provides powerful ammunition to the segmentation tools that work on these numerous data points and behaviors. This is all simplified by the super user-friendly campaign building tool, which includes a drag-and-drop interface and easy to use dynamic content blocks for dynamic personalized emails.

What do you dislike?

The only gripe so far that we've noticed is that with all of these user-friendly automated features, the manual tinkering of older platforms becomes a bit more buried. For example in order to use the dynamic content blocks feature, you must forego the ability to use custom HTML and are limited to the drag-and-drop interface. Not the end of the world, but definitely a trade-off there.

What this has solved the most for us, is helping us to change our tactics from blanket store-wide emails offering coupons (like an abandoned cart 5% message), into specific, targeted emails that only go to the users that need them. For example, a frequent shopper no longer received an immediate coupon, but someone who only makes purchases during promos we can now isolate and send only them a coupon, keeping ROI up and preventing unnecessary discounts and offers.

dotmailer review by User in Internet

"I've really enjoyed DotMailer"

What do you like best?

editing power, ability to manage the code of each email directly.

What do you dislike?

sometimes workflow on several campaign long triggered programs is a little cumbersome . would be nice to work through and edit all the emails in a series as you go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful and useful program.

Dotmailer is facilitating quality, ongoing logical communication with our audience. Helping us convert leads to sales, and retaining/meeting monthly goals better

dotmailer review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Requested Review"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer is very easy to use, just like using Word.

What do you dislike?

A bit too many steps to upload a document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend dotmailer for ease of use and the quality of the finished product.

Client was complaining too many stand alone emails were filling their inboxes. So now we send a weekly newsletter consolidating all the announcements.

dotmailer review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"An simple and easy to use system that has a lot of power below the bonnet "

What do you like best?

The system allows us to set-up, send and report on email campaigns with ease. The result has meant that many non-technical staff have been trained on it to the point where workload has significantly lowered.

What do you dislike?

As a technical lead I often want to delve deeper into the data to perform more advanced analytics. I think that the email marketplace is evolving very quickly and there are certain specific needs which need to be addressed, specific to clients.

Specifically we've sped up our manual processes utilising the templating system beyond what we'd planned. This has allowed us to quickly produce new brands and pass on workload to junior non-technical staff.

dotmailer review by Ernesto S.
Ernesto S.

"Full of features"

What do you like best?

The interface is pretty intuitive, it guides you to achieve very usefully and advance operations. Could replace a CRM for some time,

What do you dislike?

lack some deeper social media integration

Can automatize a lot of Marketing activities, and would be great to get some design or layout features,

dotmailer review by User

"Straight forward, to the point, ease of use."

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Progressive approach to programs and campaigns

What do you dislike?

Some aspects aren't as intuitive as assumed

Reporting not as robust for programs as expected

Messaging to members and prospects on a regular basis

Providing members with fitness, health and wellness content to encourage a healthy lifestyle

Learning about dotmailer?

* We monitor all dotmailer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.