Do you work for dotdigital Engagement Cloud?
dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Genevieve F.
Director, Continuing Medical Education

"Easy to use, and great customer support."

What do you like best?

I love how easy the templates are to use, with a drag and drop toolbox application that is perfect for new or experienced users. We have taken advantage of the tailored toolbox for several of our emails.

What do you dislike?

There is not much we dislike. I suppose if anything, having even more personalized items available in the toolbox would be great.

Dotmailer, so far, has better deliverability with our mailing lists. Additionally, it has more customization available.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud Reviews

1-50 of 211 total dotdigital Engagement Cloud reviews

dotdigital Engagement Cloud Reviews

1-50 of 211 total dotdigital Engagement Cloud reviews
dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Chris M.
Digital Marketing Manager

"Pretty Great, but Has It's Faults"

What do you like best?

I went from using MailChimp to using dotmailer. I was thrilled with the basic construction of emails and managing contacts. The fact that I could make blocks with different numbers of columns on the fly had me in love. It is very easy to construct an email and send it out. It took some time to get our automation set up but once they were up and running it has been great.

What do you dislike?

If there's one major piece that I wish was there was an auto save. Like most people I have to multitask almost all the time and it takes time to construct an email. Often times if I get a phone call, urgent email or another task thrown at me I have to drop what I was previously doing. This comes back to haunt me in dotmailer because there is not auto save, but there is an auto log off. If I go back to my tab with my email being constructed and click on pretty much anything after its timed out then I have to hit refresh and proceed to losing everything since my last save. I have adjusted my workflow to account for this, but I loved in MailChimp that I could just close out of a window and not have to worry about losing where I was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was a significant jump in cost to move from MailChimp to dotmailer, but it is a vastly superior product if you use it to its capacity.

What brought us to using dotmailer was the need for an abandoned cart program. We know we were losing potential revenue by not being able to convert people that had left product(s) in their cart. We also were feeling handcuffed by MailChimp's capabilities. Now we have abandoned cart and five other automation all running and we are seeing an overall improvement in our email-based revenue.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Wendy S.
Production & Administration Supervisor | CRM & IT Administrator
Professional Training & Coaching

"Nice changes overall"

What do you like best?

I like the fact we are now integrated with MSCRM and can see interactions and info on each email we send within the MSCRM application. Being able to create workflows based on interactions means Sales can review what customers are doing in real time. Which is important to Marketing.

What do you dislike?

The total number of our database uploaded to Dotmailer can not easily be modified to remove opt-outs and add new clients to replace those older opt-out ones with. Seems like it should be an easier process for that. As anyone knows, a good company will have an ever growing database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your current email platform. Ask for demo's of things you MUST have, and ask all the deep questions that you may need answered before you move forward.

Interactions in MSCRM. IP protection, opt-out options. etc...

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Charity G.
Marketing Manager

"Best solution for scaling marketing initiatives"

What do you like best?

Rock-solid deliverability is key for an ESP. They not only deliver but they allow for smart sending and segmentation like no other. Their team is very reliable to follow through.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was their neighbor, so I can hang with the team - because they are really nice people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not for everyone. You need to have a good list, a good acquisition strategy to keep your list fresh, a robust inventory to sell and the correct vision in order to maximize your use of the system. You don't buy a Tesla to simply park it in your garage.

Smart segmentation, ease of creating product-centric template (without the need of coding) and time of inboxing is very crucial for a successful email program. Dotmailer does it all.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Bryan P.
Technical Operations Manager

"Great Service and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The support team is very responsive. They walked us through implementation, and have continued with ongoing support. The dashboard is easy to use, and the platform allows us flexibility when it comes to segmentation of our lists and setting up campaigns.

What do you dislike?

While Dotmailer is good at its core functions, there are some features that aren't included with the service, which forced us to integrate with additional 3rd party software. Particularly when it comes to abandoned card, and re-targeting.

Dotmailer has really allowed us to understand our customer's intent through data collection. This helps us better segment our email list, and customize different campaigns for our various users. Not only does this help personalize the customer's user experience, it helps us maximize the profitability of each campaign.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Jessica S.
Marketing Specialist

"Great features (and results!)"

What do you like best?

The easy-to-use editor has been a breeze for our design team to use. We like the ability to change the content based on different contact fields -- that's really helped us send personalized, geographic-specific content to our subscribers.

What do you dislike?

Our integration with Magento has been a little troublesome, but I think that's a result of the way our system is set-up, not a problem with dotmailer. Everyone at dotmailer has been really helpful in troubleshooting any issues that have come up.

We needed a email platform that would integrate with our ecommerce platform and this one fit the bill. Adopting dotmailer was the spark we needed to start implementing a more robust direct-to-consumer email program and we've seen a huge increase in email conversations.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Samantha G.
Graphic Designer
Consumer Goods

"One of the best email marketing tool"

What do you like best?

The interface design is clean and organized making it easy to find what you're looking for. The drag and drop feature when building an email is easy to use compared to bronto and offers more features!

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to choose a group to send to while at the same time choosing another group to not send to so that any overlapping emails would not get the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offered us a month trial to get in and look at all the things they offer in there so I think that was the most helpful in deciding whether or not to switch from Bronto. You can definitely see you get more at a better price.

There is a lot more additional features other email marketing tools don't have I like that we have the option to send out SMS and can make emails that show related products to ones people have used in the past.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Jeff K.

"Dotmailer makes life easier "

What do you like best?

There are so many things to like beat about dotmailer. The user interface is classically deaigned and simple to use. Building email

campaigns is as simple as drag and drop with custom built templates or templates that you create on your own.

Not a designer? Not a problem! The entire system is built off anyone being able to use it. Don’t mistake the simplicity of using the platform for a lack of features. Address books, segments and customer scores make it a one stop tool for brand building, transactional and ecommerce

Marketing through email.

Even better than the platform is the customer service. Each individual at dotmailer treats the customer with the highest respect.

What do you dislike?

Automation programs can be a bit stronger and beefing up the reporting to make sure that the programs are firing as designed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend dotmailer to other users. Not a perfect product but the customer service and technical teams listen and genuinely care about making it better for each user.

We utilize dotmailer to trigger our ecommerce transactional emails through Magento. This provided a much higher delivery success rate and allows us to track each email through the clients.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Andrés C.
(5001-10,000 employees)

"A complete suite for e-mail marketing and more"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer has the best WYSIWYG email editor on the market. It is extremely flexible, it allows creating complex layouts on emails without sacrificing client cross-compatibility too much. The automation tool is robust and easy to use. The segmentation functionality is very flexible and allows implementing very specific rules for creating segments.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat clunky interface that could use a little refreshment. Contact uploading is a little hard. The reporting tools have room for improvement, especially on the exporting side.

We run continent-wide email communications in multiple languages for millions of people. The ease of use and rich set of functionality that Dotmailer brings enables us build and send communications in matter of hours, a key ability in an industry as fast-moving as airlines.

The sophisticated automation tools have helped us create a robust set of automated customer interactions via email, based on transactional data collected from various sources, allowing us to sell more and improve our relations with our customers.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by joseph w.
Director of User Experience

"Awesome Platform"

What do you like best?

It's super powerful, and the way we can bring in our products and market them is exceptional. The way we can utilize variables and product data is unlike any other email platform I have played around with, while also not having to shell out an arm and a leg. Fair pricing, powerful platform.

What do you dislike?

we are unable to direct our transactional data through your service and have to use mandrill due to some features you lack. Which is frustrating. But I understand why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you stick to the training. It's a powerful platform and without it, you will be somewhat confused.

Marketing automation of products. We are able to set it and forget it and increase conversion.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Disconnected organization makes it hard to built campaigns"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of landing page templates and the drag-and-drop user interface.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to connect campaigns, making me think this platform is better for beginners but not as robust as Hubspot or something similar. To set up a single gated offer campaign, I have to separately create a landing page, survey (form), address book, and program. This leads to further problems when reporting - a "campaign" only applies to emails, and does not include overall metrics of everything that may be connected in a content campaign. This is the most manual way to do automated marketing I have encountered in a single system. Unfortunate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a beginner to marketing automation, or only need one tool primarily and others are a bonus, this could work for you. If you are experienced at creating automated, connected campaigns, try something like Hubspot or Salesforce Marketing Cloud.

We started using dotmailer with the hope that it would help us streamline marketing campaign creation and connectivity. While we are able to automate campaigns, the steps required to create all the elements separately and make sure they are connected takes a lot of time. The inability to identify all of the elements of a campaign as such (a landing page, email campaign, survey, etc are all set up separately) causes problems with tracking and reporting.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Administrator

"One Step Above Mailchimp"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to set up emails, save headers, footers and elements you want to reuse for drag-and-drop in later campaigns, and to set up new contact data fields, segments, and triggered email paths. It's also easy to incorporate Nosto for product recommendations and set up resends to segments beforehand.

What do you dislike?

Despite their Magento extension, it was not the easiest implementation, especially with pulling in products for Abandoned Cart. We wanted the product grid to be styled a specific way and not the generic grid which didn't look very nice and our developers had to do this in a specific file on the backend - not something we could have done ourselves as marketers. Also, the extension with Magento is not an API, so the data you can send back to Dotmailer is limited to what they had set up in the extension. If you want to track what page your subscribers are coming from (footer vs. specific landing page) or send additional data points (language preference/profiling consent), you can't because Dotmailer simply won't pull additional information. Shockingly, there's no easy way to track number of New Subscribers - only New Contacts, which is not the same as Subscribers because all Magento customers flow into Dotmailer, so it's counting all customer emails and not people who actively Subscribed. Not sure why an ESP wouldn't have this as a KPI. We've spoken with Support and our PM and no one has been able to provide a solution, so we have not been able to track Subscriber rate/Churn rate, which is ridiculous. Our designer also found the email builder to have default padding and there's no way to change the default, so it has to be removed every single time, which is annoying. If you click into Contacts, by default, it doesn't land on ALL Address Books for whatever reason, but some subcategory folder, which has no address books, so it's an extra click to ALL to see all address books. Then if you click into any of the books, then click back, it lands you back in the default folder, and not the page you were on previously, so it's just an extra step every time that makes it feel quite convoluted. There are several other non-intuitive elements that are similarly annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a step above Mailchimp because at least triggered emails are managed in one place. Reporting is not great. It's priced per email - keep in mind this includes all your customers, so this list will grow very quickly.

The ESP we had previously was substandard, so Dotmailer enabled us to do basic ESP things like build an email in the platform vs. inserting HTML, triggered programs, set up resends easily, set up segments easily. Being able to more easily resend and target segments has generated increase in email revenue.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by User in Consumer Goods

"A really great option for managing your email marketing"

What do you like best?

The visual interface for Dotmailer is really helpful and intuitive. The WYSIWYG email editor is easily the best feature. Coming from Mailchimp previously, assembling our emails is SO much easier now. We save a lot more time with this feature as well!

What do you dislike?

I will say what I dislike about Dotmailer, is something that Mailchimp has and Dotmailer does not. Mailchimp has the ability to see the visual email and the html side-by-side. Although we normally don't need to see the code now that we are using Dotmailer, there have been a few instances where we needed to tweak HTML and CSS, and it was a little annoying having to flip back and forth to the design and code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are tired of coding your emails every single time and would love a visual drag-and-drop email builder, this is the tool for you :)

We are trying to better manage our email marketing, and hopefully segment our lists more by interests. We are just ramping up some of our various user lists, but we are really excited for the future potential of being able to market very specific messages to our various audiences!

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Administrator

"Review of DM from a new user."

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use in designing templates. I enjoy the features that help me target my customers - they are powerful and intuitive. Specifically love how it syncs with Magento and Google analytics. Love the support team and customer service - especially valuable being that I am new to Dot Mailer and coming from a much less powerful platform.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike that contacts can be difficult to upload when not given to me via a CSV or XL. We do not use Sales Force, and DM doesn't integrate with our internal systems so often my reps send me a list of email names (from our internal systems) and I have no ability to add them without converting to a spreadsheet (extra step and not always easy) or I have to separate them out and do it one email address at a time. Even Constant Contact lets me cut and paste a list of emails at once. I also find it frustrating that I can't seem to add a new contact to multiple address books easily. This may be my own issue, but I can not seem to find a way to do this quickly. I also struggle with sharing temples and campaigns between child accounts and often when I save to "My Building Blocks" and go to use them later it is not saved. I wish it would flag me before hand, so I don't bother to save a block that I can't access later anyway. Some of the training videos are not applicable to me, as my account is set up differently and the alternative (learning via step-by-step written instructions) is time consuming and antiquated. I am new to this platform and often find myself not having the time to learn all of the wonderful features because the learning curve is steep.O

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you'll like it!

Our companies were lagging behind the curve by years, being new to the e-commerce and email marketing game. We went from -0 to 100 overnight with DM. We have been able to segment for the first time and thought the wheel is moving slowly from our end, it is really night and day the data we have on our accounts and the way we communicate with them.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Administrator

"Comprehensive ESP: More than we need!"

What do you like best?

Dotmailer has so much to offer - I love the automation and segmentation capabilities, though I don't fully know how or have time to maximize them. I also love the easy form creator and landing page functionality. It makes running campaigns and special promos easy.

What do you dislike?

I feel I didn't get enough training, so I don't know how to use many of the features offered. I also find the whole program creation a bit intimidating - all of the tools require serious logic. It would be nice to have some templates built in to go off of. I also don't find the reporting to be super helpful / in depth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get as much training as you can. best if you have experienced / dedicated employees to focus on email marketing in order to get the most out of this product.

Ability to automate more emails, create automatic programs and allow customers to opt-in and out of segmented lists.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by User

"Simple email builder with so-so UX"

What do you like best?

I primarily just use the email builder portion of the platform. I like that reporting is easy to view and dropping in external codes (i.e. dynamic blocks from 3rd party platforms) is simple. The tools in general for email builder is simple and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

The general UX for the email builder is poorly designed and I notice consistent bugs. Drag and drop in email builder is glitchy and I often accidentally replace blocks with the wrong image from the library because there is significant lag when scrolling within the gallery -- it randomly jumps. Emails sent through Dotmailer display off-center when viewed through the gmail app, which is a significant bug that has never been rectified. The system of folders and images is too nested, could be easier and quicker to navigate. Thumbnails, especially in the templates section, do not update quickly or at all. Truncated titles of jpegs in the image library dont expand or preview, making longer names difficult to tell apart.

Our data is all in one place now and it is a large improvement over our last ESP, Marketraq.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Administrator

"Dotmailer & Magento are a perfect match! Great for any Magento user!!"

What do you like best?

Magenton's seamless intergration with Dotmailer makes this a tool that anyone using the Magento platform should have. Dotmailer also has great resources from training videos, to annual email marketing brochures that reinforce how important email marketing is in today's competitive online world.

What do you dislike?

It is a little hard for people with little to no background knowledge of computers or coding to get started but same as Magento. Takes a bit of a learning curve and with the help of an outside developer, we were able to get things working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure at the moment.

Missing out on potential sales from interested customers. We have a lot of customers who visit our website but don't purchase so we are trying to capitalize on that. Also, being able to segment and target emails to for specific categories will help us with our conversions through email marketing.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Stephen C.
Corporate Creative Director

"Focused and reliable email client"

What do you like best?

The Inbox Preview feature is really unique, lets you get a better feel for how your campaign will look when it actually hits your customer's inbox. With a lot of other email clients you're left with just one preview and you hope that's how it looks on their end too.

What do you dislike?

I think the email creation UI can be a little confusing when you first start using it, but after a few times it starts to feel pretty straightforward

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to become accustomed to the user interface and flow of the system. It becomes more intuitive as you use it more.

We have a lot of different lists and it wasn't always clear other clients were delivering our emails effectively. Dotmailer makes it easier to ensure that everyone in our lists are getting the message the way we intended.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Jonathan C.
Web Manager
Retail

"OMG This Email system is great!"

What do you like best?

the drip campaigns are awesome! They really help drive revenue. I love how the advanced features in our email marketing. It has been one for our best tools used for our customers who abandon their carts.

What do you dislike?

the email creation interface could be a bit more user-friendly. This software is pretty advanced so I wouldn't recommend it to first-time email marketers, like mom and pop shops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It not for small-scale email campaigns. I this better for larger online businesses

we most use dot mailer for all of our email marketing efforts. We can integrate it with our website to create conditional email capains.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Jennifer K.
Donor Messaging Strategist
Religious Institutions

"Automation Made Simple"

What do you like best?

The best feature offered by Dotmailer is Email Automation Programs. My organization was able to set up a Welcome email series for donors. We had never created anything like it before, and already the results are astounding.

What do you dislike?

The feature I dislike is the integration aspect. We've been working for a long time to get Salesforce reporting to connect with Dotmailer address books. Since this integration piece isn't already offered, we must create it ourselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend users thoroughly look into the options Dotmailer can offer their organization. The drag-and-drop editor, automation, and address books features are a compelling reason to consider.

The benefits of having a new donor welcome series are too frequent to mention. We are seeing real feedback that is overwhelmingly positive. Our donors feel more connected to us, and subsequently, want to increase (even double!) their giving.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Lisa-Marie G.
CRM Manager
Retail

"Seamless and fun!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and innovative technology. The easy editor makes creating emails fun. Great customer service from support and my account manager Antony. The many valuable webinars and seminars keeps me on top of trends and the continuously changing industry. I don't know what I would do without them.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I do not like about dotmailer. They are always exceeding expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow plenty of time for onboarding to the platform to ensure that everything you need is in the system. Get it right the first time and the rest is simple and easy.

Increased revenue and site visits. Productivity has increased due to the ease of use. We are also able to engage and convert lapsed customers.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by User

"Easy to use with great support "

What do you like best?

The email editor with the built-in templates just makes life so much easier, flexible segmentation builders, easy to use automation and good reporting tools. The onboarding team was really helpful especially with our Magento set up and training. The customer service for me is a huge selling point of the platform. Having multiple support members on live chat is essential for ensuring you don't miss your deadlines. A response is instant and bugs are once in a blue moon. Honestly, I couldn't recommend it enough.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things like; it would be lovely to exclude segments (as you can for the time being only do so with address books) and it would be nice to be more specific on some of the automation segmentations but seriously, I've used a couple of different ESP's and you know what I can live with this. DM constantly updates and improves the platform with correct testing and planning involved so there is little to no downtime for the users. The positives outweigh the negatives always!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend considering dotmailer particularly to small teams, where a fast overturn of campaigns are needed and quickly. The ease of putting together campaigns quickly, testing and being able to automate makes email marketing so much easier.

Better segmentation than our previous ESP which resulted in higher conversion and engagement rates. The ability to quickly put together campaigns with the ease of the editor and quickly look at report overviews to understand what worked and what didn't.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by User

"Dotmailer: Not very user-friendly, but does the job"

What do you like best?

Once you get used to using this platform for creating emails, it's not too bad. They turn out quite appealing for targeted audiences. I love the feature where you can see metrics of who's seen the email, how many people unsubscribed, and ROI. This data is useful for our organization for future emails. It's very customizable and you can make it look however you want.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using Dotmailer, it was very confusing. You basically learn by clicking around everywhere and figuring out where all the functions are. The emails I create now look much better than the ones I made 6 months ago. One of my least favorite things about Dotmailer is the LAG. There is so much lag on the site, and it also doesn't autosave. The other day, I spent a lot of time on an email but never hit "Save". When I lost internet and refreshed the page, I lost everything I had worked on... Also, the overall layout is just not very advanced and certain features are hidden deep within the settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe invest in a more advanced version. The one I use it very slow and laggy

We use Dotmailer for weekly emails to our mentors, for fundraising outreach, and for Board communications

"Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

We made the switch from ExactTarget to Dotmailer and never looked back! With the seamless Magento integration and easy editor tool for laying out emails, we find the system very easy to use and helping us to make great strides in our email marketing efforts. On top of that, the cost is extremely fair and the support team and account managers are really great. They truly want to help your business succeed in email marketing and go above and beyond to make that happen!

What do you dislike?

A few wonkly features like having to do preheaders as white text in the email body and not being able to easily do exclusions during the send. The reporting is good but I wish it was a bit more robust.

We switched from ExactTarget which was going to cost thousands of dollars to integrate with Magento. Dotmailer offers a seamless integration with tons of automation options.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Administrator in Paper & Forest Products

"Good email marketing platform for a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

Full-featured email platform at a cost lower than most competitors.

UI is straightforward and functional, relatively fast. I don't have much trouble finding what I'm looking for.

Onboarding, knowledge base, and technical support meant I learned the platform pretty quickly. Technical support has always replied quickly and is usually helpful.

Program builder for triggered emails is easy to use, and powerful.

Segmentation tool works well.

Able to template and send all our transactional emails at no additional cost.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be improved. We can't figure out how to link to our Google Analytics account.

Easyeditor for emails is OK. Would prefer something more robust with more even more features.

Sometimes pages load slow through the UI.

Succesful marketing campaign emails.

Personalized trigger emails.

Templated transactional emails.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Catherine  W.
Email Marketing Manager

"Great, Functional ESP"

What do you like best?

I really like the support - very capable and helpful. I also really like the automation builder - easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike that AB testing reporting isn't more detailed. I also would like to be able to send my AB test to the whole audience - not just 60% of the audience.

We have solved the problem of over sending and not segmenting. We have solved this through building out detailed automation as well as building lots of segments based on customer interaction or lack thereof.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by John C.
Full Stack Marketing Specialist

"Great email platform with amazing automation capabilities"

What do you like best?

Options! There is tons of options, specially for automation. Campaigns, Leads, whatever your goal you can have it setup to make it painless to send.

What do you dislike?

Campaign management is little different, and more complex than some email marketing platforms but it's because of the immense automation and custom elements that can be built into it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're ready to invest properly into email marketing this platform plus it's support will surely give you a high return on your investment.

Cart Abandonment, User Acquisition, and remarketing.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Administrator

"Great UI - Easy to use and navigate"

What do you like best?

Building complex email campaigns are really simple - you can drag and drop your required fields and easily get started!

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the information is synced back to the lead/contact records in Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a lot of email marketing and marketing automation systems out there - make sure that you carefully evaluate exactly what features that you need. If you have a marketing team that is not so technically minded - putting Dotmailer in place gives you a really simple way to build/create email marketing collateral such as landing pages, forms and surveys and more complex email campaigns that will help you to track and measure your prospect's behaviours. In comparison to a lot of other solutions, it is also more cost-effective.

The landing page builder makes it really easy to build nicely designed landing pages that helps our lead generation campaigns.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Administrator

"Just getting started- but enjoying the features that the platform offers!"

What do you like best?

The robust platform is so much better than I have been using previously. I love the Preview tool and being able to see the email display across so many different browsers.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you offered more information for Spam filtering and what should be improved. I also don't like that when you use the strikethrough tool, it also underlines the text (when the text is hyperlinked). This is annoying to remember to go back and fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel I am too new to the platform to provide a recommendation.

Sometimes it takes longer than I would like to get a response. We are a small business that relies heavily on email revenue. Sometimes I need answers fast.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by User

"Relatively consistently good service with a few bugs"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple and easy to learn. Dotmailer provides a simple drag and drop tool for designing HTML email marketing campaigns. It is also very organized and easy to find your way around even with minimal knowledge of the product.

Dotmailer also has fantastic customer service. I have had issues in the past creating an email campaign, and Dotmailer's site features an instant messaging tool that puts you in touch with one of the customer services reps. These people are very friendly and helpful, which goes a long way. I never feel like I am up the creek without a paddle when I run into a problem.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, Dotmailer will fail to send out requested test emails. I always send myself test emailers before I send them out to the actual client. There are times when I I will select to send out a test email, and the email will never show up in my inbox. This will happen with multiple tries.

Another issue is that you have to pay extra to test your emailers for spam (as in, whether or not it will be caught by a spam blocker). We have issues where some of our campaigns do not reach clients due to spam blockers. It would be great if this was included into the price of using the software, and not an extra charge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is always important to check out other services before committing to one. My company uses Mailchimp, for example, which is better suited for internal communications.

E-marketing, which is the bulk of my companies marketing initiative. The benefits of using Dotmailer allow us

"Robust Email Platform"

What do you like best?

All of the options Dotmailer provides us as an email client. So many great options we still havent had time to dive into all of them yet

What do you dislike?

Have had some trouble with dotmailer trying to move us to a sending server with a lower reputation because of our email list where we did not have that issue with other server providers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep clients better informed of when they will be switched to a sending server with a lower reputation, reporting right now is very minimal and a bit vague

Dotmailer is helping us introduce ourselves to people who have entered one of our contests by an email series we have setup. Benefits have been sending out emails with questions so that we can better sort our customers by their likes and dislikes

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Internal Consultant

"Powerful Easy to Use Platform with Awesome Support Team"

What do you like best?

The platform is really easy to use for both non-technical and technical people. The ease of use doesn't come with a drawback int erm of possibilities. The pricing is also very competitive.

The drag and drop email editor tool is a must-have for any our marketing team.

What do you dislike?

Since Dotmailer is relying on share send servers, their security for spam is quite high. We had a few problem re-subscribing customers that unsubscribed but were unable to resubscribe.

If you except a huge growth of your email list, make sure you analyze pricing as it will increase with your email list size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For us Dotmailer has been really great, we have been able to implement it really easily, pricing is great, and now we can concentrate on using the platform.

Saving in cost compared to previous email platform.

Ease of use for our team, resulting in more features being used compared to previous email platform.

Native integration with Magento 2.

"New Customer"

What do you like best?

Tighter integration with Magento. Ability to have automations. Surveys & Texting ability. We are currently under utilizing a lot of the features of Dotmailer as we are ramping up our familiarization with the platform.

What do you dislike?

WYSWYG interface is cumbersome and a bit more unintuitive coming from MailChimp.

Can't filter/search for contacts only by domain. (ex: all gmail users)

Support/Help documentation is pretty lacking when it comes to Magento specific steps. Ex: how to use promo-codes correctly.

Can't preview what an email looks with any kind of Dynamic or External content blocks without sending it (sending as a test doesn't work) which is very frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the weaknesses with Magento 2 integration. Ex: While Dotmailer has abandoned cart email functionality, with Magento 2 the UX is not customizable despite their non-M2 implementation having the ability to customize.

While we do not have all features turned on yet we're looking to solve the following issues:

Understand purchase revenue generated from each email sent.

Be able to dynamically insert "best sellers" or "you may like" based on customer history

Abandoned cart emails

New customer / Re-engagement automations

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Mackenzie G.
Marketing Manager

"It has been good for basic use, but I have not used it to its full ability "

What do you like best?

I like that dotmailer gives us the ability to automate response email as well as build a path for our new incoming leads to go into.

What do you dislike?

For someone who did not have a huge background in email marketing, this platform has been harder to use and learn than the previous one I have used. I have still not used it to it's full ability due to this.

We have a lot of leads coming in, and the automation provided by dotmailer allows us to hit them immediately. We also had a lot of client emails and were not doing anything with them, now with dotmailer we are hitting them more often.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Kyler J.

"DotMailer is relatively simple to use and the customer service is great."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to truly customize campaigns and that you can market to specific customer groups with ease.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a hug fan of the fact that DotMailer charges more to help build out specific automations. I feel like this should be included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what is included and what is not when choosing a plan. Think ahead of what you will need in the future of your email marketing, not the present.

We are utilizing DotMailer to market to the emails we gather at events which we were unable to reach before.

"Great platform!"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, has options for segmentation. Also, what I really enjoy is - when my main marketing person is not available, I get an approval request if someone else is sending a newsletter.

What do you dislike?

I only use the general tabs so there is not much I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your staff trained and try to implement as much as possible because there is a lot that Dotmailer can improve fro your customers.

We've moved from Mailchimp to Dotmailer and feel that overall look is much more sophisticated, and you offer more capabilities such as segmentation, the welcome program steps and so on.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by User

"Limiting Interface and analytics "

What do you like best?

The drag and drop interface was very easy to work with. Importing content was also a breeze. They have a few social media platforms set up to share the email with the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

The drag and drop interface was very limiting i.e. you could not layer text over an image. There was also trouble with being able to recommend items based on what the customer bought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good start and not overwhelming. Great for small businesses and start ups. You also do not need to know HTML in order to use this product but can use HTML if you want to.

This was a good start to sending customer emails. Dotmailer is just not up to date with social platforms and also needs better personalization and customer data i.e. a log of what customers bought and their spending habits.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Unsubscribe lists now useless to us"

What do you like best?

Templates look good and work well. Using through third party TT Mail, but always good customer service.

What do you dislike?

That you can no longer export the full details (i.e. donor number) of your own donor, which you uploaded in the first place, once they unsubscribe. We now cannot put the file back into our database to update GDPR preferences, without manually having to add the donor number back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if your database can match on email address, otherwise you won't be able to automatically upload unsubscribe lists to update donor preferences. Very frustrating since this has been possible for the 10+ years we've used TT Mail, but was withdrawn due to misinterpretation of the new GDPR regs.

We've used DotMailer for years, through charity intermediary TT Mail. It has been excellent, until a recent 'improvement', justified by some 'interesting'interpretation of the new GDPR regs, means that when we generate an unsubscribed list, the exported file no longer contains our donor number. Since we input the donor number and other info ourselves and are obviously only doing so with donors who have a clear email opt-in, this seems ridiculous. Our charity database need to match back on donor number and so now, we are having to do it manually. DotMailer seem unable or unwilling to resolve this, so we are now being forced to find an alternative email solution.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Anna B.
Email Marketing Specialist
Religious Institutions

"Full featured enterprise solution"

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly, reliable, and innovative. For an enterprise solution, we get a lot of features for a great cost. Salesforce integration is strong and works well. Documentation is very helpful, and customer support is very knowledgeable. On-boarding was very efficient and thorough. Platform is updated often with great new features.

What do you dislike?

Automation in sync with Salesforce could be greatly improved with a few additional key features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a mid-level to executive solution, make sure to check out the features and see a demo. It's got several great integrations and features that make it very functional and cost effective..

Automated segmentation; Efficient sync with Salesforce

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Rudy P.

"Dotmailer - Simple to Use but..."

What do you like best?

Simple to use with drag and drop feature on building email.

Simple to execute automation with visual logic to follow

Simple to integrate to some commonly used CMS / Ecommerce platforms - Magento, Shopify etc.

What do you dislike?

Slow to load the page

The integration is not optimized - slow, buggy and resource hungry

Many of the advanced features are relying on how you integrate with your platforms.

No customizable reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your budget and level of CRM experience, Dotmailer may be the right choice for your first experience

It helps us to trigger automatic responses and email automation. However if for whatever reasons the automation is broken (module updates or data errors), the system does not show any flags or warning.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by User in Internet

"Gets the emails out, but not the easiest or most reliable tool available"

What do you like best?

I like that each email address counts as one contact no matter how many lists it's on. The ReMail option is a quick and easy way to follow up with nonopeners. The automation program designer is a good visual tool for mapping out communication plans.

What do you dislike?

The automation works decently, but it's not all the way there yet. It's difficult to tell if your program is functioning the way you want it to, and the triggers can be pretty limiting. The reporting is not great. Reports that should be easy to access are either nonexistent or difficult to find. We've also had some issues with the time difference between where we are and where the dotmailer team is based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're planning to do any sort of automation, test our your programs and compare dotmailer to the other more automation-focused marketing products.

We moved to dotmailer to send lots of emails to lots of people. We are able to send large quantities of emails quickly.

"User Friendly Sophistication"

What do you like best?

The dotmailer platform uniquely provides the ease of use without being at the expense of sophistication. Being able to personalization, dynamic content, and more complex segmentation is learned intuitively.

What do you dislike?

It would be beneficial to have a calendar showing previous and future sends. Being able to hover over a send on a calendar with rudimentary segment and campaign info gives a over view which is less helpful in list form.

The intuitive ability for creating and repeat use of campaign design with the use of dynamic content and personalization. This ability has increased unique opens and client engagement. The control and intricacy of building segments is very logical. This allows us to better target customers based on highly specific product, geo, and historical data.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Administrator in Sporting Goods

"DotMailer is a great platform if you want a easy-to-integrate and supported email platform"

What do you like best?

The support group is amazing at Dotmailer - happy to help you with your integration. I hopped on calls often for help from the dotmailer team, talking about anything from list importing to email best practices. Support is excellent. Also, the integration with Magento is solid and customizable - we had ample customizations tha really helped us deliver the best marketing we could.

What do you dislike?

The UI/UX is a bit old and outdated, and can be slightly confusing, compared to other platforms. The UI can also be confusing, with contradictory Calls to Action. Another thing to keep in mind is that the platform seems to be based and built in the UX, meaning the language can be a tad different than if you're located in the US. Other email platforms have better User Experience hands down.

Also, there are far less integrations than other email tools like Mailchimp. This really hindered our ability to fully integrate across our platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dotmailer is a great platform for those who want customizability, as well as AI-powered functionality. However, per-user it can be more expensive than other solutions, like MailChimp - the cost for us wasn't worth it.

We needed an email platform that was highly customizable and integrated well with MailChimp. At the time, there weren't many that worked extremely well. Dotmailer's Magento integration was excellent.

We wanted to market to our many interested consumers, with a list size in the hundreds of thousands.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud review by Chris B.

"Enterprise Platform at SMB Cost"

What do you like best?

As a Magento partner, we like that dotmailer is now integrated with Magento's core. The segmentation abilities with Magento has helped our customers grow their site revenue considerably with less effort than managing an entry level ESP.

What do you dislike?

I have heard from some of our customers that the sales process has been very pushy. Sometimes the sales reps need to take it easy but I know they are under pressure to hit numbers just like any Enterprise SaaS company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dotmailer has essentially all of the features/functionality/service that other platforms provide but they are the most competitive on price.

Definitely providing a solution for more accurate and targeted emails. Segmentation is key.