DoubleClick Digital Marketing

4.0

DoubleClick is an integrated ad-technology platform that enables agencies and advertisers to more effectively create, manage and grow high-impact digital marketing campaigns.

Work for DoubleClick Digital Marketing?

Learning about DoubleClick?

DoubleClick Digital Marketing Reviews

Showing 238 DoubleClick reviews
DoubleClick review by Daniel V.
Daniel V.

"A platform that helps bring everything together."

What do you like best?

This was just recently updated to be called Campaign Manager. I love how the platform is essentially seamless. DoubleClick Campaign manager which I worked on the most also known as DCM integrates with DoubleClick Studio, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager. It allows you to traffick ads via the DCM server and allows a user to pull reports on data to better understand performance and where you can improve.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reporting portion of the software. It can be very confusing to understand what kind of report it is that a user would be pulling. I have had to reach out to DCM support multiple times to better understand what report I would be pulling when I needed specific information but over time, it becomes easier. You definitely need to ask the right questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is fantastic tool to use when you want seamless reporting across multiple platforms.

Our biggest use for this is using it as a DSP and implementing pixels also known as 1x1s to track conversions and landing pages. It is a great tool to use and since we use other google products as well, it makes everything seamless.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DoubleClick Digital Marketing
DoubleClick review by Mark N.
Mark N.

"Meh for display great for search"

What do you like best?

The DoubleClick Search solution is by far the market leader over Marin and Kenshoo. Implementation is fantastic and easy to use. The system is also great at managing multiple isolated datasets, and controlling users permissions for access.

What do you dislike?

For Double click search It need lots of improvement in reporting and segmentation, business tables are heading in the right direction but needs to be fully supported throughout the product to hit the mark. On the Display side of the business its just needs a complete re thinking, setting up and reporting out on digital marketing should not be so complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not found any Display campaign management solution that I really like, If ind that they are all cumbersome to build out campaigns, traffic and report out of. I do love the Doubleclick Search side of the product, if they could make the display side work as easy as the search side then this would be killer.

Needed a solution for tracking all marketing via a single platform to eliminate double counting and factor in multitouch interactions. This has allowed us to report and plan better with all paid channels, we still need a solution to factor in non paid interactions.

What Cross-Channel Advertising solution do you use?

DoubleClick review by Dana B.
Dana B.

"DoubleClick for Search"

What do you like best?

The largest benefit is that all search accounts can be consolidated into one UI. As a larger advertiser we have multiple accounts with each engine and it's not always easy to make large scale optimizations if there is no tool like DDM in place.

What do you dislike?

The cost. The fee is based on ad spend that is being pulled into the DDM UI whether you are using any of their bid optimization tools or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be open to their betas and keep testing.

We are consolidating all of our search accounts with DDM and are also working on automating bidding. We have a very complicated business model that includes a verification process and has a delay in revenue reporting because of that. The DDM account team has provided endless support from their end to find a solution, whether it's bid strategies, business data or their inventory feed.

DoubleClick review by Sherine A.
Sherine A.

"DoubleClick works perfectly "

What do you like best?

Bringing together data from multiple channels and engines and allows you to visualize the data in an easy to use platform. This saves time from using multiple logins for the different platforms.

What do you dislike?

Within DoubleClick Managment (DCM) there are placements, ads, and creatives. The ads are created after a creative unit is assigned to the placement. I've noticed sometimes the ads default to "inactive" which doesn't allow you to track the unit. I have not figured out how to prevent this rather I just ensure all ads are set as "active".

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't suggest trafficking display campaigns that don't have significant budgets because there won't be much insight to gain from minimal budget or dollars spent.

The overall DCM platform is very user-friendly and allows you to update creative assets very easily. This has often been a time-consuming process in our ad servers that I've used in the past. I feel as though DCM is very easy to navigate and learn in general. Prior to my position now, I had never used DCM and only took a few weeks to learn.

DoubleClick review by Jomal R.
Jomal R.

"Display Network for buying and selling advertising."

What do you like best?

This net work is for buying or selling and advertising the technologies into one flat form. it helps to mange the files or folders to open in a quick and easy way and integrate the work and media creation from one corner to the other corner. it is really helpful in the form of video and other files to run quickly. able to manage the data into a secure and faster manner and also the display and other videos and files.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any other concerns over using this product and I find it easy way of accessing the files and videos in a click and it is very much appreciated by everyone in the company and everyone likes it. it is the best way of thing done in a faster manner and accessing the files and the display of videos and files. through managing the cannels and mobiles and also the desktop

Recommendations to others considering the product

best and easy to use

saving the time through double click marketing to access the files in a faster manner

DoubleClick review by User

"A seamless platform that brings all engines together"

What do you like best?

I like that DoubleClick allows and reports on data from multiple engines so it's one place where I can quickly see and access performance. It's also very beneficial that users are able to input their own KPI based on metrics and formulas.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Doubleclick. Sometimes uploading bulksheets can take awhile and it will show there was an error when there wasn't. I've had to contact customer service a few times to figure out what the error was and at the end figured out it was just a glitch with the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a great tool and platform to house in and bring together all your engines to one place you can access and report on data.

Using the data shown in Doubleclick, we are able to see what campaigns (ads, keywords) are performing the best and optimize them. We also use the bid strategies to ensure we pace towards budget and not go over or under the budget planned.

DoubleClick review by User in Internet

"The best option ever created for managing your Programmatic campaigns"

What do you like best?

First of all I love the fact that DBM is the only DSP allowing advertisers to take part in Youtube inventory. The inteface is beautiful, fast and intuintive. Support is quick and always friendly, which is definetly one of the most important things from a client perspective.

What do you dislike?

Same as I love that this is the only platform allowing acces to YT inventory, I also dislike tha G is making it restricted for other platforms to compete in the same market.

I can't think of anything else I dislike from DBM. After having worked with more than 3 different DSP I can only say that DBM is the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time reading all the wiki directory that Google has created. By doing this you will fully understand and embrace all the power and possibilities of this platform.

They really took good care of creating a wiki easy to access, read and explore.

If you have previously used other DSP, you won´t find big differences when you start using it. The interface is really intuitive and despite each DSP calls the campaign structure differently, you will quickly learn how to use it.

We got prio access to youtube inventory and have the option to run programmatic campaigns in this platform. Thanks to DBM we can accesss the inventory of the main ad exchanges fro display, video and native. The fees are not low but it is totally worth it.

"Effective, efficient, consolidated"

What do you like best?

Doubleclick is very user friendly from a trafficking and reporting standpoint. It also has many integrations that are helpful when searching for details about campaign setup and has added additional metrics in the reporting section that have helped ease the process of tracking a campaign's progress.

What do you dislike?

There should be an online chat option for people to get help from a certified staff/support member. I often times have a specific question that I am certain I can find the answer to within DCM, but I do not know where to go. Also, support staff can be a bit slow in responding to flagged issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the only platform I've ever used to traffic out campaigns, so I'm obviously more comfortable with it than I would be with other platforms, but I think it is intuitive and not overly complicated. I would recommend using it.

I can pull or set up regular reports to be exported and filtered by creative name, as well as pull results by custom floodlight metric for optimization purposes. When I first started working in DCM 3 years ago, these functionalities were not available, so I appreciate the progress that has been made.

DoubleClick review by Rory C.
Rory C.

"DFP is a great way to advertise a product. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy that we can easily advertise for our clients. Including product placement and branded marketing through specified websites. This makes it easy for us to find the proper demographic without using just Google AdWords.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say I dislike is that since it's through a 3rd party (most of the time), a lot of advertising costs increase. I could likely get onto the same website for a client, product, or service for less of a CPM than if I was just using targeted placements on Google AdWords. Rather than paying $5, sometimes even $8 or more on CPM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend always attempting to go through sites directly rather than going through a vendor or third party.

I would say we're solving the problem of clients needing specified placements for their ads to target the proper demographics. It's definitely beneficial to be able to target exactly what website you want to advertise on, as well as where you want your ad to show up on that site and when your customer will see that ad.

"DoubleClick Digital Marketing"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to pull the data for a certain brand or client between specific dates while also specify what data you are looking for, such as impressions or rates. It also makes billing much easier each month to be able to see the spend versus the impressions.

What do you dislike?

Because the data can be so granular sometime it is hard or may get confusing to pull a large data segment. It can also be confusing the first few times of use but gets easier over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend DCM to any other Media agency or agency in a related field that needs to pull granular data. You are able to see specific brands or products and be able to pull data segments against any data you may want/need to see. With this you are able to optimize you brand campaign to possibly re-target or change what you are advertising with. Also, by pulling DCM information you are able to easily bill your partner on what impressions went live and calculate that against contracted impressions and contracted cost.

We are able to see when our specific brand campaigns are live on the internet and how many impressions have been linked to each specific ad or banner. As stated before, DCM also allows easy steps for our specific brand billing processes. We are also about to optimize our campaigns with the information we can see on DCM.

DoubleClick review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good products!"

What do you like best?

The DBM and DCM platforms are very straightforward and easy to navigate. I use this on a daily basis at my agency and the accompanying Academy for Ads tutorials are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Currently there are quite a few bugs/issues that occasionally interfere with daily operations (ie. adding campaigns into the Doubleclick Bid Manager), but the Google help desk is very responsive and provides good assistance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for overall campaign and bid management, but can have some bugs and it really affects the performance day to day.

I'm in programmatic media and using the DBM and DCM platforms on a daily basis for managing campaigns and programmatic ad buying in real time. It's nice that any updates done in one DoubleClick product gets updated automatically in another product.

DoubleClick review by Christopher R.
Christopher R.

"Marketing Made Easier"

What do you like best?

I find that the main reason to use Doubleclick is that it's easy to use. Compared to other marketing platforms we've used, I find the UI intuitive and well thought out . I also personally like how comprehensive the overview of the sales funnel is designed to be. This actually helped us cutdown on our C,P,A, and increased our revenue when we saw that we were actually missing our target audience on display.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest issues I have with Doubleclick is that the features don't always work as intended. This is actually the main reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. They sometimes roll out great updates that are supposed to make it easier for the team like making multiple ad layouts that each team member could customize from a basic layout. However, this doesn't always work, and can put our team behind schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a user intuitive marketing software, for a larger office (at least a team of 10-15) this is one of the best choices available.

The data gained from the comprehensive sales funnel helped us cut back on our display spending and focus more on an emerging millennial market through social media.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Organized & Straught Forward "

What do you like best?

Having no experience with trafficking, it was very easy for me to figure out DFP almost completely in about a month. They have video tutorials on everything so if you ever are confused or need a little extra help, you can just watch a video.

What do you dislike?

After using DFP myself and all my coworkers will notice that the program will start go go very slow, so every so often you’ll have to close out your window and open a new one. This usually helps, but then you lose your work spot so it can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The company I worked for also used a few other smaller trafficking programs, but DoubleClick was by far the most straight forward and easiest to use

My company uses this program to traffick ads to various sites. We work with very big retailers as well as well known brands, so it is important that we can ensure smooth uploading and clear organization between campaigns.

DoubleClick review by User

"DoubleClick - Useful but Clunky"

What do you like best?

I think the biggest selling point is how integrated this is with other products we are already using.

What do you dislike?

The interface is clunky and difficult to navigate. I think the UI could use a lot of improvements and could be streamlined to improve the user experience. The price point is also a tough pill to swallow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just know that at this price point you might expect the product to be "cleaner" and more streamlined than it really is. The price can be prohibitive for smaller agencies. But this does vastly improve most agencies ability to properly pace and monitor campaigns. The support team is very helpful and is a very important resource to utilize when using this product.

The biggest benefit is how integrated this is with products we already use. This is a huge help for managing client budgets and pacing appropriately throughout an entire flight.

DoubleClick review by Administrator

"Industry Leader for Advertiser Ad Operations Suite"

What do you like best?

DDM is the complete package for any agency looking to track their digital media banner campaigns across the web. What I like best is the ease of use, the robust reporting and response customer support.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about DDM is that like other Google products they don't play well together. Since DDM is used as a third party ad server, ad tags generated from DDM can be used in other Google DoubleClick servers specifically DBM or DFP. Though they are from the same company on basically the same platform, stats can vary widely. Large discrepancies..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give DDM a serious consideration. There is a reason why more than half of agencies use DDM.

DDM allows us to track our digital marketing campaigns we have running with publishers and ad networks/ It allows us not to rely on publisher reporting which for all we know is falsified. DDM tracks our campaigns performance and gives us the ability to run reporting we would otherwise rely on the publisher for.

DoubleClick review by Jenny G.
Jenny G.

"Great...once you learn how to use it"

What do you like best?

Strong from analytical perspective: great for analysing performance. You can see all display campaigns at a glance. Fairly simple to integrate with other products.

What do you dislike?

Once you get started, it can get tricky until you learn the do's and don'ts. As with other Google products, it is is easy to set up and get started but you need experience in order to get the best of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DoubleClick is one of the most widely-used services. Take the time to learn it, and it won't fail.

Managing display advertising assets

DoubleClick review by Kristin F.
Kristin F.

"Don't be overwhelmed, this technology is your friend "

What do you like best?

it was easy to get started. It's a google product so its easy to sync and integrate with our other software like Pardot. It performs just like we want when we applied it to our strategy. We can run all of our display, mobile and search in one area. Easy to onboard.

What do you dislike?

Biding is a little wacky. We had a hard time at the beginning.

Optimization is a little wonky but thats probably an end user issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support is great. I think its a google product so you will not have any issues linking it to any third party software if you need.

We have almost an omni-channel marketing strategy going on and we want to keep everything under control and optimize as much without having to hire another team member. We want to make sure we are not losing money or wasting time on something that doesn't have an ROI.

DoubleClick review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Industry benchmark tool for Search "

What do you like best?

Ease of use compared to other tools such as Marin and AMO, bid strategies usually work to target ROAS or CPA. Reporting functionality is smooth easy to set up dashboards etc. and automated emails with visualizations for other stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

Can be tricky to control budget pacing - reducing target ROAS or CPA does not usually mean a slowdown in spend. Campaign budgets have to be manually adjusted unlike AMO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support can thin for SMEs so consider the level of expertise you have in-house as pretty much have to be self-sufficient.

International accounts are much easier to manage and merge into one bid strategy. Reducing CPA on PLA campaigns a major benefit to date.

"Double Click "

What do you like best?

I use Double Click in my day-to-day work at an advertising firm. We use Double Click for analyzing both our Search and Display campaigns. Overall, I find it an integrated and helpful software, that allows my team to seamlessly and efficiently report out to clients.

What do you dislike?

I would say the downside of using Double Click software is that some of our sites are unable to use tagging for floodlights with it. Using site-serve data is less than efficient, and if would be great if all our partners were able to utilize Double Click for reporting purposes.

I use Double Click specifically for data analytics. The integration that it does offer, as well as the responsive technical support, helps us deliver streamlined insights into advertising campaigns, and ultimately better reports to our clients.

DoubleClick review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Best Campaign Manager. Period."

What do you like best?

DoubleClick is the best campaign manager out there. It has every feature you need and more from budget management, audiences, bid strategies, rules, etc. The support is top notch as well.

What do you dislike?

We are a Fortune 50 company and the sheer scale of our programs has caused performance issues in the past.

We use DoubleClick to manage and optimize our search campaigns. It offers powerful reporting features and makes it easy to view performance by device, engine, keyword, query, etc. On top of that, they have their own AI based smart bidding that has helped us optimize campaigns and save time.

"DoubleClick for Publishing"

What do you like best?

I love the interface of DoubleClick for Publishing compared to DCM. I work in media and can easily search for campaigns that I am working on. Downloading reports is also very seamless as well!

What do you dislike?

I do not like how there is usually a discrepancy in data between DoubleClick for Publishing and DCM. I really wish they would simultaneously work together and give the same data. That's the only thing I have issues with. The DCM interface is also not as nice to look at..

We use all our media for Target with these programs. We run all of our campaigns through these and have realized how smooth and seamless the integration is.

DoubleClick review by Agency in Sports
Agency in Sports

"DoubleClick Digital Marketing | Overview"

What do you like best?

The platform is by far the easiest to train on, I have trained many of a people on the platform and it is the easiest from them to walk-through. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Th biggest issue with the platform would be the customer service - it takes a decent amount of time to troubleshoot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is always best to have someone with experience within the platform before shifting to DDM. It will make the transition from the previous platform easier and it's best to have someone with the background.,

We use DDM for ad serving, reporting, campaign management and optimization. It is a great tool to use across the board.

DoubleClick review by Mike L.
Mike L.

"DoubleClick helps me do my job every single day - must use"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of DoubleClick. I use it every single day at my job in order to report on the performance of our marketing campaigns both on a macro-level and micro-level. The ability to dig down into specific actions as well as measure the reach and frequency of all of our trafficked media helps keep both our agency team accountable as well as measure our media partners in order to optimize our campaigns/activations in real time.

What do you dislike?

Particularly for search performance, DoubleClick's reporting and insights feature is not my preferred platform. In order to run a search report at the daily level, running and pulling the report takes far too long to compile. It's much faster to pull a search report directly from the search platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you've worked with other analytics or data management platforms in the past. Making the transition to working with raw data from pure UI can be difficult for those who are uninitiated in data management.

The problems I'm solving day-to-day are typically issues of optimization with our site-partners. For instance, I'll use rich-media reporting to A/B test our creative for interaction rates on multiple sites for click-to-expand video units. Since the same creative ran across multiple sites, we were able to determine where we should prioritize our spend in terms of media performance.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Provides Solid Analytics to Help Maximize Campaign Effectiveness"

What do you like best?

DCM provides the ability to track a campaigns effectiveness, from clicks and CTR to performance by each individual unit size and type (i.e. static banners, rich media inline, pre-roll video, etc.)

What do you dislike?

The site is very word-heavy and could benefit from easy to read charts that would show effectiveness or places to concentrate optimization on at a quick glance.

DCM allows us to track the effectiveness of different unit types and allows our clients to track the effectiveness of our products against other mobile ad buys they are running, giving us an opportunity to stand apart from other competitors.

DoubleClick review by Jessica L.
Jessica L.

"Great Software for Marketers"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that double click is able to consolidate difference paid search engines and show them in a consolidated view for more efficiency.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it can't pull SOV and some more detailed information.

We use Double Click marketing for paid search reporting, and since our company was previously acquired by DoubleClick, then by Google, then sold to Publicis, we have a deep lineage of using DoubleClick.

DoubleClick review by Tina Marie B.
Tina Marie B.

"Sr. Specialist "

What do you like best?

I love how you can see real time data. The platform is very quick and you are easily allowed to make custom columns. There are never any tracking or data discrepancies. The bid strategies are very easy to implement.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike except it would be nice to have my social campaigns within the platform as well.

The benefits of double click is being able to see real time data and seeing results happen In an instance. When the client is very persistent on seeing how today is going it is very easy to go In and see today’s performance.

DoubleClick review by Lauren P.
Lauren P.

"DoubleClick Digital Marketing is an effective platform for advertisers"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to understand from the get go. I am able to switch between my trafficking and reporting tabs very easily, and it houses many advertisers information. Data exports are clean and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike with DoubleClick Digital Marketing. The alerts that pop up at the top of the screen in the blue bar can be distracting, and I'd prefer if they were in a bubble in the bottom corner or somewhere less obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using DoubleClick Digital Marketing for anyone in a large advertising agency. It is a great platform to manage several clients and multiple people on multiple teams can easily access information in a centralized and organized place

My agency needed a platform to house all data gathered from floodlight tags and DoubleClick Digital Marketing does this very well. I can see a list of all floodlights by name, activity string name, group string name, and fires in the past two weeks. As an analyst, it not only allows me to quickly see all floodlights I have placed on a website, but it also gives me a detailed export.

DoubleClick review by Robin P.
Robin P.

"Automation of paid search and no loss of data"

What do you like best?

It natively integrates with Google Analytics, especially Google Analytics 360 (formerly premium) which allows you to better measure and attribute the value of your search campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There's no easy way to just "subscribe". You need to license it from a middle man

Recommendations to others considering the product

Negotiate prices, there's a lot of room for lowering the price.

Measuring a holistic view on the customer journey. This allows to truly measure the impact of brand awareness campaigns on other marketing channels.

DoubleClick review by David M.
David M.

"DCM sports an intuitive UI and robust reporting capabilities"

What do you like best?

Google’s emphasis on consistent design and easy-of-use carries through into its ad products, especially DCM. The similarity between DCM and Google’s consumer products (e.g. Gmail, Drive) makes it easy for somewhat with little experience to hit the ground running.

DCM’s reporting interface is similarly intuitive, and makes it very easy to pull everything from basic performance reports to larger attribution analyses.

What do you dislike?

Adding new media vendors and creating new user accounts are difficult processes, and could use refinement.

DCM allows my media agency to track and report on digital media performance.

DoubleClick review by User in Computer Software

"Can be complex, but it is the best-in-class digital marketing tool"

What do you like best?

Tons of customization available, which allows for complex campaign setups. Integrates various advertising sources and channels into one place. The best bid management tool, and also the best ad server, so all-in-all, the best choice for advertisers at scale.

What do you dislike?

Can be frustrating to use due to occasional bugs, particularly when working on things at large scale.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for larger businesses, but requires a lot of hand-holding from people with expertise in the product suite.

These are business-critical tools for us at an Enterprise scale, between DC Search for all of our search advertising, and DCM for all other trafficking and tracking.

DoubleClick review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Google Basic UI/UX Makes Adoption and Use Easy"

What do you like best?

I rather like that this feels a lot like other Google marketing applications. We could use other solutions to consume 1st and 3rd party audience but this makes it familiar with our teams who are doing AdWords and other tactics in other tools.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike. We are very happen with the solution overall.

We use this effectively to buy programmatically against audience providers like HG Data and Pacific Data Partners. This allows us to target the profiles of companies that matter the most to us.

DoubleClick review by User

"A very easy and helpful tool"

What do you like best?

I love the interface, is very easy to understand and the help section is really good so it doesn´t take a lot of effort and time to get over the platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reporting as is not very friendly and also usually it takes a lot to compile a simple report.

I think they can improve a lot in this issue. There are similar platforms with better reporting areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Quality of support is not great

We have integrated all of our channels in DDM so we have all the data from search, display, programmatic, emailing...and we can also view the conversions and assists that each channel is contributting to.

DoubleClick review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.

"Easy to use, but buggy"

What do you like best?

Love the search functionality! very easy to search for segments and apply targeting at any level

What do you dislike?

I dislike the bugs especially within TrueView. many times im unable to save my changes

Recommendations to others considering the product

none at this time.

I'm able to spend very large budgets in a short period of time without any external support

"DoubleClick Recommendation "

What do you like best?

The DoubleClick marketing suite has a lot of data, with many different ways you can sort the data. It is very helpful for coming up with insights that help us sell our advertisibg platform to clients.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of information available but sometimes it can be difficult to hone in on an easy way to sort through or present the information in the way you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform is what I would call a necessary platform if you are in marketing.

We are able to track our audience regionally, based on many different technology pointa, which is really helpful when were are targetinf specific group of people say for geo targeted campaigns or campaings where we only want to target apple users pr mobile phone users, etc.

"Good Product!"

What do you like best?

I liked that I was able to manage my campaigns from one product. It allowed me to ensure creative was set up correctly as well as the tagging.

What do you dislike?

How manual it is! I wish there was a way to copy/automate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure this is the right product for you. It does many things but if your company isn't set up to use it properly/aren't trained well it could easily be a deterrent. It's a smart product that gets the job done and it's constantly evolving and improving with customer feedback. It's important to note, there are other products out there that do the same thing but with this one you have Googles backing! That's important!

I'm solving launching my campaigns and managing them.

DoubleClick review by User in Computer Software

"Integrated Solutions From Google"

What do you like best?

DoubleClick works brilliantly with the rest of the Google advertising suite. For seamless monitoring, tracking and launching of multiple advertising campaigns simultaneously, DoubleClick makes for an elegant solution.

What do you dislike?

The weakest element of DoubleClick is the fact it is so multifaceted. The DoubleClick platform is comprised of a wide number of elements that have been manufactured to create a modern feeling product which can very easily overwhelm and confuse new users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Regular training to use the entire suite is mandatory as this will help allow practices to streamline when executing more complete optimisation.

The biggest problem we have been able to use DoubleClick for has been through the use of search insights. DoubleClick allows users to harness SEO tracking to gain user insights.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Intuitive Design Allows for Quick Learning"

What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use and there's an extensive Help section that covers almost every issue you may come across.

What do you dislike?

Product updates and feature releases are not as frequent as other DSPs. Alpha/Beta phases of product testing take forever so if you're not included in those you will wait a long time for the new products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a platform that is easy to learn and has all of the essential tools needed to run quality digital advertising campaigns, DBM is a great choice. If you're looking for a DSP that is on the cutting edge of innovation in the space and will constantly be updated with new features, you may want to look into a different DSP.

DBM's intuitive and straightforward design allows for quick implementation of mid-campaign changes.

"DCM Review "

What do you like best?

I like the platform interface for DCM , it's very convenient that it's a google product as well. The customer support for DCM is also fantastic, they will generally respond to you with 24 hrs and are very knowledgeable about the platform.

What do you dislike?

In the trafficking interface, you are unable to delete placements, creative, or ads only archive them. Another issue is how monthly billing is done. If you have a client with multiple campaigns, DCM sends you one invoice rather than breaking out the costs on separate invoices. This can be very time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most publishers/vendors are familiar with DCM so it's usually a smooth process with the implementation of digital tags.

We use DCM primarily as the 3rd party ad server across all digital campaigns. We use for trafficking digital banners, video, rich media, etc.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"DoubleClick Banner Ads from an Agency Perspective"

What do you like best?

ease of use from external QA perspective, ease of use in general.

What do you dislike?

the way the pages load, it seems to be that the it takes a while for a page to load. Also when you edit a a creative, it moves to the top of the list in campaign and gets confusing to keep track of

We have a programmer build a banner ad in DoubleClick and this is how we release the banner to media partners. Before, this was all done manually, and through email. It is much easier to build and release in one platform.

DoubleClick review by James C.
James C.

"integrate search campaigns"

What do you like best?

It's a good way to set rules for Bing, Yahoo and AdWords campaigns in a comprehensive way. while you'll still want to use all of the individual platforms, it's a great way to make mass changes,

What do you dislike?

not exactly intuitive; we had to receive hands-on training to truly understand the product capabilities in a meaningful way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have people to manage the search platforms

Instead of logging into both bing and adwords to make optimizations, DoubleClick makes it easy to control both

"Great Analytical Platform"

What do you like best?

I like that DoubleClick Digital Marketing can be personalized to fit your advertiser's needs/requests. We can filter by creative size or creative type or geography etc and present the client with tons of helpful information. It updates in real time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the general format that it exports to read data, although after a few steps you can personalize it to your preferences each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Join! It's so helpful.

We solve campaign optimizations, deep dives into reporting and daily reporting.

DoubleClick review by User in Music
User in Music

"User friendly and accomodating"

What do you like best?

I like how all my campaigns are organized. It is usually pretty easy to find anything I need without having to go to "help" or contact support.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to get help and support from an actual representative in DFP. In fact, I'm not sure if they even have representatives or customer service. If I ever have a questions, I've found myself sifting through confusing videos and various pages trying to figure it out myself, which I find extremely daunting.

I am able to deliver and monitor impressions for our advertisers accurately and efficiently.

"Creating Clicktrackers"

What do you like best?

DoubleClick is my agency's go-to software to traffic our placements across both Display and Paid Social. It's intuitive and reliable.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if reporting capabilities were slightly better. I'd love to not only have raw data as I export conversions/form submits on-site, but would also love the ability if DCM could spit out graphs that could present the data in a visually appealing way.

We use DoubleClick as a second source of truth when analyzing on-platform conversions.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great integration with most engines "

What do you like best?

DoubleClick integrates well with google, bing, and yahoo search. Reporting and scheduling are useful, as is the ability to pull in floodlight tags from DCM and see all accounts in one place

What do you dislike?

Does not integrate well with GSP or GDN, which is surprising as both are google products. Sync issues seem frequent and support is not always helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great particularly if working with google closely.

Pulling in back end metrics and aggregating performance across accounts in one place. Have moved towards more advanced KPIs and optimization techniques as a result of integration.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Overall A Good Experience With DCM"

What do you like best?

DCM is pretty quick and easy to navigate through, to create new campaign builds, to build reports, and check on statistics. I also like that there is an advertiser view and a campaign view. Also that you can switch easily back and forth from reporting & trafficking.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the campaign view form. Now that I have more experience in DCM, it makes more sense but as a beginner it was difficult to see the layering of placements and ad sets.

We are solving building out campaign builds within DCM. Some benefits are the scheduled reports and also being able to see in the summary tab an overview of how your campaigns are doing.

"Go-To For All Digital"

What do you like best?

We use Double Click to traffic all of our campaigns. We like it because it keeps all of our reporting in one place and we're able to try to compare different campaigns that would otherwise be comparing apples to oranges.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit tedious to get everything set up in Double Click, so that can be a pain sometimes.

We're able to see how our campaigns are performing at any time, see what people are looking at one site, etc. It's helped us to make our media plans smarter and to keep our media partners honest. Some media partners provide reporting that doesn't always match up with what we're seeing and having Double Click as sort of a neutral third party allows us to keep our partners honest.

DoubleClick review by Administrator

"DCM - Good, not great"

What do you like best?

The interface has definitely improved. I do think they've worked hard to make it easier to digest data this way. The premise of the product is also a helpful way to gather valuable insights online.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the process of pulling code for different tags to use in campaigns. It can be a bit bothersome and, often times, confusing. It should produce a simpler document than the multiple categories of code it provides with little to no implementation instructions.

Our clients use DCM for online digital campaigns. We go in and access these files on the DCM dashboard. It's helpful for providing clients with a third party opportunity for ad tags.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Paid Search Manager 5+ Years"

What do you like best?

DoubleClick is hands down the best piece of bid optimization software i've used. The bid strategies make achieving ROI goals very simple. The interface is extremely user friendly. Also, the support you get from the DS help team is amazing. I'd also call out the web query function and executive dashboards as exceptional features.

What do you dislike?

Some of the testing (landing page, ad copy) only allows you to pull in conversion data and not regular front end metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you tag your site appropriately and USE bid strategies.

ROI goals - the automation puts a ton more time back on our books. We have evolving ROI goals and we need a software to manager that efficiently.

DoubleClick review by Eric T.
Eric T.

"It helps"

What do you like best?

We can set a Doubleclick cookie to tell us what sections of our sites people are browsing. Doubleclick will then judge the type of adverts they might like to see from what they're browsing.

What do you dislike?

more people will erase or disable cookies, this could prevent us from tracking customer's behavior.

Doubleclick just has crazy penetration in the agency world and other vendors haven't provided great use cases or features that would get the agency to switch

DoubleClick review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Double Click Review"

What do you like best?

It keeps my ads in one place and organized

What do you dislike?

it can be hard to find what you're looking for if working in the same account with more than one person

Recommendations to others considering the product

be able to sell more than one ad for each space you have, and be able to easily track stats for each rotation. Great tool for anyone!

We host ads on or site, multiple in one spot. this tool is great for tracking stats and keeping the ads organized.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"DCM easy to navigate, providing data across multiple channels"

What do you like best?

It's easy to navigate the system - pulling data is easy and they also have pre-designed reports.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes data provided isn't far enough back- i.e. only provides data for past 3 months instead of a year. Sometimes system crashes on Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take a training

Utilized to do quick data pulls in order to gather insights on campaigns, which is beneficial. Would be easier to navigate location section when looking for DMA level data.

"Does the job!"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to pull reporting directly from the source. With reporting, I am able to toggle which parameters to look at in order to provide the client with ultimate campaign performance. Additionally, I like that I can enter my buy directly into the platform and traffic the tags directly from it as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am unable to reconcile billing within the platform. Using a competitor, I am able to buy in the media, push the media to DCM directly, and also reconcile billing.

We're able to analyze our campaign success/failures and provide the client with real-time recommendations. We are also able to perform multiple tasks within one platform keeping everything consolidated.

DoubleClick review by Kris Y.
Kris Y.

"Daily user across Trafficking, Reporting, and Studio"

What do you like best?

The UI is simply the best platform that I have seen. Both from a traffic perspective, the search functionality is super easy to use and find placements.

What do you dislike?

The Reporting UI has a great trend interface similar to GA that allows you to see data very quickly but its very limited. If it could be more like GA in the way you could manipulate the data, that would be a plus

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about integrating all of your products under the Google platform, DCM is the best place to start.

Benefits are integrations between the Ad Server and the DSP. Plus we can port GA Segments to DCM then up to DBM.

"Powerful, but complicated"

What do you like best?

DoubleClick can bring great return if used properly. It is powerful if you know how to use it properly.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve to use DoubleClick properly is pretty significant. If you need to get set up on the platform quickly, I would suggest finding someone with experience to hire or outsource to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you have time to learn the ins and outs, I would outsource this.

We use DC for placing internal and external ads on our mobile platform. The reports and analytics are easy to track.

DoubleClick review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"DCM provides a platform for quick marketing needs for a small to mid size client"

What do you like best?

Google-like set up. It was intuitive and provided the basis for the small agency I worked at. We used it for serving ads, reporting, and floodlight creation.

What do you dislike?

Support behind the product is mostly through self help and sorting through similar issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based on the level of investment from the agency, provide proper on site support or annual check ins to review the product. As the industry changes so quickly the product does as well which is great but also can be hard to keep up with. That being said although it can be intuitive to use it can also be tough when you hit a blocker and need human support.

Centralized hub for ad serving and reporting.

DoubleClick review by User

"Useful for what we use it for, but glitchy at times"

What do you like best?

For the most part, it is pretty user friendly. It also does what we need it to do.

What do you dislike?

Often times it can be very glitchy. You'll try to do something and it just flat out won't let you. This prevents us from completing tasks on time sometimes.

We are able to tag all of our campaigns for all of our clients through Double Click. It also integrates well with GA and GTM, which makes reporting very easy.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Very helpful on going granular on results"

What do you like best?

I love how DCM has helped us understand the user journey. We are able to track clicks and impressions across different digital platforms.

What do you dislike?

It's not fully integrated to other platforms and links and tags need to be added to social and search admin sites. But it is fairly easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use bulk sheets to build multiple campaigns at a time.

It has helped us to understand the user journey across different platforms.

"DCM Review"

What do you like best?

I like that I can get in depth reporting for my digital campaigns. It helps me and my team figure out which campaigns are working well and which aren't and therefore optimize our campaigns

What do you dislike?

There isn't too much to dislike, but it can sometimes be a bit confusing. Also, there isn't a direct line of contact if we need help with anything

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a great tool, especially for reporting. Only issue is a direct contact to get help

DoubleClick is beneficial to me because we are able to see how many clicks, impressions, etc. our campaigns are receiving

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Although great. Interface can be a bit messy"

What do you like best?

I love the capabilities of this product and how powerful it is. We’re mostly using google DFP now but will get access to clients dashboard occasionally

What do you dislike?

Not too user friendly. Very scattered and all over the place

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to improvis UX. Understand the product is mostly used by experienced professionals but a lot of younger people entering the industry find it hard to start with DCM

It’s a norm in the industry here in Toronto. All agencies use it to traffic their digital assets. By using DCM, were able to speak the clients language and provide less barriers to working with us

DoubleClick review by Fred A.
Fred A.

"DFP lacks in a few areas, but cant expect everything for a free solution"

What do you like best?

It's free, and the code is lightweight (in terms of server requests and speed) compared to some other ad serving platforms out there.

What do you dislike?

The lack of Google info/help/articles to aid initial setup and ongoing development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend that anyone considering using DFP, that you have access to someone with previous technical knowledge of DFP setup.

DFP is a free solution which helped achieve the implementation of display advertising on several sites I've managed.

DoubleClick review by Eitan R.
Eitan R.

"Easy to use tool for any level of expertise"

What do you like best?

Bid Strategies - Doubleclick's bid strategies give you an easy to use option to have keywords optimized to budget pace, KPI, cost per KPIs, and position constraints (e,g. if you want to ensure certain terms, like your brand terms, stay in top position).

Landing page testing - Ability to split traffic by keyword for landing page tests

What do you dislike?

Attribution functionality. It's there, but you have to continually set the attribution link to your preference (i.e. first vs. last click or anything in between). Also tough to see path to purchase on keyword level using their tool

Reporting - It's really just a dump in excel, not a great feature if you need frequent reporting in a nice format

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may seem, no frills, but has the same bells and whistles as some of the more expensive search UI platforms and at a fraction of the price.

Drive business leads. Business leads are difficult to drive, but they are easier with the DS' weighted formula capability. This functionality gives you the option to weigh certain action that attribute to a business lead.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Way To Manage Multiple Engines"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use the DoubleClick interface!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when uploading a bulksheet of changes, DoubleClick will show errors and not push everything through to the engines. It can be frustrating to match up IDs to every asset and if they are incorrect, you’re surely have errors.

DoubleClick helps our team manage multiple different engines and make Omni channel optimizations.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"User-friendly and helpful, but missing some things"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to see and congregate data across multiple engines.

What do you dislike?

It is missing a few capabilities i’d like to have access to in the platform: easy budget and bid editing, easy mass ad edits including links, more display ad editing and analysis capabilities.

I pretty much only use it for analysis & mass data pulls. Editing within engine editors is much easier.

DoubleClick review by User in Internet

"The "standard" for online ad trafficking but methodologies for counting is all Google"

What do you like best?

Intuitive, interface is customizable to your needs, it's what everyone seems to use

What do you dislike?

Reporting on metrics like viewability is on Google's methodology. How they count conversions, geo, etc is all based on what they say, not backed by a third-party that is unbiased and not part of the ecosystem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it in conjunction with another partner for accountability

Reporting and metrics.

DoubleClick review by Ilias T.
Ilias T.

"Great product. Need better support"

What do you like best?

Integration with Google tools and platforms is excellent. UI is improving too.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a bit all over the place. Is built for agencies in mind unfortunatelly so if you want ad hoc reporting prepare to fight with 1000s of unwanted options and good luck finding the ones that you need to prepare your report.

Digital Marketing Advertising and Reporting across many platforms. Better tracking using post impressions too.

Agency

"DoubleClick Campaign Manager Review"

What do you like best?

- East of linking to other Google products

- Export function of editing/creating placements tags

- Quick customer support

What do you dislike?

- System often lags when trying to create/edit tags on the interface directly (vs. exporting into excel file)

- Confusing when there are several company accounts for the same publishers

Recommendations to others considering the product

great fundamental tool to start trafficking digital media

Universal accepted tags for every vendor.

Ease of transition.

Reliable reporting system

DoubleClick review by Ashley T.
Ashley T.

"Marketing Review"

What do you like best?

It’s very convenient and easy to learn. DDM integrates world-class solutions to help buyers run holistic campaigns across multiple channels.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use honest program

Running holistic campaigns across multiple channels.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easiest way to integrate your DSP/Ad Server/Analytics"

What do you like best?

The direct integration between DCM and DBM makes campaign setup much easier. DBM alone is a powerful DSP, and when you combine that with DCM, it becomes even better.

What do you dislike?

As the platform evolves, some of the UI and UX features don't work correctly, or there aren't abilities to perform some operations in bulk

It's our powerhouse not only for Display, but also allows us to integrate cross-channel into Social and Search.

DoubleClick review by J R.
J R.

"After 7 years working with Doubleclick, it continues to "

What do you like best?

On the rare occasion that you're working with a brand taking time to make investments in its Ad Tech infrastructure, Doubleclick and accompanying products are the top choice. Between The Bid Manager (RTB), Studio (Rich Media Creative), and Search integrated products, Doubleclick can serve as a central technology hub for most online marketing initiatives.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is notoriously bad for Doubleclick. There is a lot you can do that even phone tech support isn't readily aware of. It's crucial that you recruit someone in your team or your agency's team that has years of experience working with the product(s).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting on-boarded to Doubleclick is valuable, but time consuming. Don't start unless you have already secured the business resources to invest that time.

Accurate measurement of ROI from multi-channel digital investments. If you still don't know which has a bigger impact on your bottom line, Search vs. Display, Doubleclick is the industry leader in measuring that for your.

It is also a fantastic platform to measure and market to distinct marketing groups, or deliver dynamic marketing messages to consumers based on their customer segment or CRM data.

DoubleClick review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Efficient & Dynamic Ad Solutions"

What do you like best?

We can always rely on Doubleclick Bid Manager's granular targeting capabilities and mass reach to effectively spread awareness for our brand among our target audience. We use Doubleclick Campaign Manager for all ad serving, and campaign activation and changes are always implemented in real-time to ensure smooth campaign launches.

What do you dislike?

Billing is always a challenge. Billing goes through Google, Doubleclick's parent company, and the invoices that Google sends us are frequently incorrect. It takes a lot of back and forth for Google to revise them.

Automation and self-service through Doubleclick Bid Manager have allowed us to easily monitor our campaigns and optimize towards our best performing targeting segments.

DoubleClick review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"The best value in ad serving and DSP. Now with Attribution, Viewability and Verification tools woho!"

What do you like best?

I think Google Bidmanager is the most powerful DSP around.. The only thing I can't do with it is search based re-targeting . Buying Invite media was a great idea. I have been using it since 1.0.

Being able to automatically sync my ads in DFA and push dynamic driving right into it makes for a happy analytics team. They have an intuitive interface for both and the best keep me happy. Adding new tools such such as verification and viewability reports. This has been great at catching networks that are serving on sites our clients would rather not be on.

What do you dislike?

I think the biggest challenge for Doubleclick has been the support. If you are a big spender they take care of you, If you aren't you need to rely on email support. If you are not a technical person like me, you might have get frustrated with not being able to talk to humans without email.

Mostly simple attribution questions. I think that it has allowed me to prove to clients that upper funnel tactics can provide assistance to lower funnel SEM tactics. We have also seeing correlations between viewabilty and performance and brand lift thanks to their recently released viewability tool.

"Full stack solution"

What do you like best?

I use doubleclick solutions for search (DS) and display (DBM) and i consider it a great technology to deduplicate and track the conversions for any campaign. The interface is easy to use and is very good solution if the use its full stack.

What do you dislike?

I don´t like the reporting area as it takes a lot of time to download some reports and the support is not as good as you can imagine for a google product,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read carefully all the tutorials and pass the certifications before starting to use it.

You can give the correct value to every impact thanks to its attribution tool and deepen in your campaigns metrics.

"Media Strategist Review"

What do you like best?

It's pretty industry standard, so pretty fair assumption that learning it once means you can do the job wherever you go.

What do you dislike?

The whole UX is pretty sub-par... I learned trafficking with Sizmek and I may be biased because of that, but prefer that much more. In DCM: You can't ever delete things, only Archive, and there are lots of little things like that that make it diffifcult

Having a third-party ad server is necessary for modern media planning. DCM is a good tool to get that done.

DoubleClick review by Alexandre R.
Alexandre R.

"Double Click Review"

What do you like best?

If you are running PPC campaigns in AdWords, Bing and Yahoo DoubleClick will save you time on campaign management across platforms. In addition, they have advanced automated bid management, which is another time saver.

What do you dislike?

Some functional is missing which is present in AdWords or Bing. Thus, don't expect to completely move to DoubleClick for daily campaign management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are running cross search engine campaigns DoubleClick can help you to save time. However, don't expect it to completely replace AdWords.

Save time on daily paid campaign management.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Very slow, but worth it. "

What do you like best?

It's very transparent and allows us to keep our vendors accountable on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

The program is terribly slow, especially the reporting/attribution tab. This is incredibly frustrating. Help articles are also not very helpful.

Switching out ad creative is pretty seamless and no new tags are needed to send to direct publishers.

DoubleClick review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"DoubleClick is a good aggregator of Platforms"

What do you like best?

Similar to Adwords and Bing, so it's kind of intuitive. Has a lot of features and they're constantly testing Betas.

What do you dislike?

It's very complicated and has a lot of features. It's sort of a double edged sword. And it's not explained very well anywhere.

Bid optimizations and reporting across multiple paid search platforms. Good aggregator similar to google analytics.

DoubleClick review by Naseema H.
Naseema H.

"I find DCM useful, however it is not very user friendly."

What do you like best?

It mimics much of the reporting style of Google Analytics, which is helpful well creating reports.

What do you dislike?

It seems more complex than necessary how many steps it takes to create campaigns and tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a dedicated person for tagging.

We use dcm for third party ad serving, which helps us monitor delivery and ensure brand safety.

DoubleClick review by Nicholas B.
Nicholas B.

"Slightly above average program!"

What do you like best?

I like the concept of the program but it can be a little challenging if you are not tech savvy. Overall a good program.

What do you dislike?

I hate how technical savvy one must be to truly use this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared on what you learning and going through!

I am focusing on my marketing and growing my business through advertising.

DoubleClick review by Igor G.
Igor G.

"Outstanding bid manager"

What do you like best?

Awesome Bid management

Simple monetization setup

Great audience segmentation

Campaign management is on point.

DC pretty much has got it all right/

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. Maybe figuring out how to work with API is a hassle. But not a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time to roll out but it's well worth it.

The ad campaign and bid management.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Overall multifaceted advertising powerhouse"

What do you like best?

The full stack integration gives DB the advantage over the competition

What do you dislike?

They don't , however , lead the marketplace in innovation. They wait to see who does it best and either over engineer something similar, or acquire the leader if it makes sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering it, it is probably going to have to be in your toolbox. They are the market leader in so many areas, it's difficult to avoid them while still providing a best in class service to clients.

Everything from adserving to programmatic bidding, to automated guaranteed campaigns, to audience insights... It's the full stack solution.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A Must for Anyone in Digital Marketing"

What do you like best?

DoubleClick should be considered a fundamental asset in creating any multi-channel campaign. The tracking can be implemented across SEM, SOCIAL, and obviously any DISPLAY advertising.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that can be a little lacking is the easy of use of the bulk download and upload. there is a little learning curve in figuring that out without producing errors

Attribution

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"A Golden Standard for the Foundation of any Advertising/Marketing Campaign "

What do you like best?

When Google bought Doubleclick, they transformed this program into a massively used golden standard for adserving/reporting purposes. Because of this, the program is used by vast majority of the advertising community and is constantly being refined and refreshed to provide it's users with the most up-to-date capabilities. All publisher (vendors) accept and are familiar with the program which is great too.

What do you dislike?

Some companies have concerns that because an agency pushes so much of their information into this program and it allows Google to have a lot of visibility into the rates and media buys that your agency has. To be honest though, it's hard to avoid because you provide the same information to any other ad server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The major leading advertising agencies use this program for a reason--it takes home the trophy for your display ad campaigns. One thing I would recommend is that DCM does not excel at providing super in-depth reporting on mobile and video. If you are looking for mobile and video reporting, you would want to look at pairing another ad server that specifically caters for those types of tactics

We used DCM as a part of our business solution to serve our advertising campaign and report out campaign results with an end goal of achieving the client's yearend business sales goal.

DoubleClick review by Natalie S.
Natalie S.

"DBM Review"

What do you like best?

I work on a number of platforms and I think the capabilities are definitely up to par and overall i find the UI to be very intuitive and easy to navigate when managing my campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the mobile capabilities are not as advanced as some of the DSP platforms I work on as well as the lack of customer service and support DBM does not provide when they are needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take online training's provided by DBM

I work on all programmatic buying for a number of advertiser on the Display, Mobile, Video and social channels. I am working on more efficiently spending money in programmatic while reaching a brands target market and staying below a customers goal/ KPI. It is important for me to take past historical data from campaigns that have run and provide recommendations for the next quarter and I think DBM has an algorithm that takes historical leanings to optimize a campaign more efficiently.

DoubleClick review by Ron G.
Ron G.

"Seamless User Experience"

What do you like best?

The ability to navigate the DoubleClick platform.

What do you dislike?

Some steps take multiple clicks/windows to get a process done. I feel that many of these navigation steps could be reduced to provide and even better user experience.

We use it strictly for paid search management. We used DoubleClick as a vendor tool to manage our campaigns.

DoubleClick review by Jordi v.
Jordi v.

"Super easy to use and make profit"

What do you like best?

Double Click is my top resource for advertising on my paginated articles.

Clean advertisements.

What do you dislike?

Higher RPMs please, this way I can make much more money

Currently we are working on monitoring our page views to increase revenu.

DoubleClick review by User

"Extremely helpful for monthly reporting"

What do you like best?

I like the new interface and how easy it is to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lag time when I'm trying to pull a report that spans across a few months.

Monthly reporting and trafficking

It's super beneficial to have everything in the same place.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"DoubleClick Search & DCM"

What do you like best?

Both DS3 and DCM are good products. They have improved a lot over the last few years.

DS3 is designed to look and function a lot like AdWords and Google Analytics. It has some good functionality with bid strategies that use advanced attribution modeling or other KPI driven models.

DCM is pretty good too but you have to be very careful with the details and be somewhat technical to get it to do everything you want.

Both are very inexpensive tools.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't appear that DS3 or DCM are very high priorities for Google. They innovation is minimal. These tools are not as tightly integrated with AdWords, Google Analytics and Google Bid Manager as you would think they could be. There support is atrocious. Both tools are very powerful but you have to put a lot into them to get anything out. Seems like things could be much easier if they would just try.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They don't seem to be catching up or being very innovative. The attribution modeling and all in one tracking are great but not sure they make up for the deficiencies.

In the end, the Attribution reporting keeps us coming back for more. It tells an amazing story and gives great insight into how advertising attribution influences campaigns. DC has fallen behind in some areas (Social, Gemini and other data integrations)

DoubleClick review by Sean H.
Sean H.

"Generally Good"

What do you like best?

New interface makes it easier to see an overview of the campaign without having to click through a bunch of different screens. Also really like the ability to look at campaigns in real-time.

What do you dislike?

It's more fussy than it used to be. Also very difficult to kill old ads, creatives, and landing page URLs if something's still connected. Maintaining a clean campaign is pretty tough. I also find it pretty slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear understanding of the Support structure. Also, I've found that thinking though how you want to structure campaigns and placement speeds set-up.

Biggest motivator was traffic reporting disparities and DoubleClick solves that issue. We now have a much better way to deal with that issue. It's also easier to check how a campaign is performing in real-time and make tweaks to optimize.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Doubleclick makes advertising easy"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting capabilities most, but since it's a google product it is very easy to use when you are familiar with other platforms such as Adwords and Analytics

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lag in reporting, it takes anywhere from a couple hours to overnight to show data, I wish it was real time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Doubleclick is very easy to use and gives you tons of control with your advertising

Being able to run display and video creative within the self serve platform, reporting, and attribution

"Useful and Confusing"

What do you like best?

I love how organized DoubleClick is, it allows me to manage my creatives over multiple orders without needing to duplicate the creative. I am able to swap out Ad Units without needing to contact my developer through the simple tag generator and static header code.

What do you dislike?

Like any Google advertising platform, it's confusingly organized and there is a major learning curve to get yourself up and running.

DoubleClick has allowed me to coordinate with multiple advertisers so that creatives and orders are always up-to-date and sim

"DBM"

What do you like best?

DBM sets the standard for DSPs. It is extremely user friendly and the support team is always willing to learn from it's users.

What do you dislike?

Some minor interface updates could be helpful like adding more controls on the campaign level between the IO and line item.

Accessing multiple inventory sources all in one place. Consolidating remarketing and prospecting under one platform to control for things like frequency, spend levels, etc.

DoubleClick review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Great PPC Tool"

What do you like best?

The feature to combine multiple ad platforms into one (ie. Google AdWords, Bing Ads, etc).

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike at the moment.

We are using DoubleClick in house to help manage all of our PPC campaigns. This tool makes it very easy to change bids across multiple platforms.

DoubleClick review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"DoubleClick Marketing"

What do you like best?

DoubleClick is very easy to use compared to other products I have used.

What do you dislike?

Adding times in DBM is a little labor-intensive, and there is no option for dropping pins for locations, but overall all of the DoubleClick products are great.

We use DoubleClick for ad serving and as our DSP.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Wish tear sheets worked consistently across all browsers"

What do you like best?

The ability to replay ads in preview tear sheets

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can only properly view ads on certain browers (chrome: yes; safari; no); caching issues prevent showing updates sometimes

Ability to preview ads and fix errors before launch

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple interface and great reps"

What do you like best?

There is a significant amount of support internally if you have any questions

What do you dislike?

It sometimes takes long to download longer speadsheets

We use it to ensure high traffic on certain sites. It is an important tracking and pacing mechanism for our ad campaigns

DoubleClick review by Joanne F.
Joanne F.

"DoubleClick"

What do you like best?

It's a greatintegrated platform for all things digital media. Its capabilities range from basic ad serving to detailed conversion tracking. Because it is owned by Google, the interface is designed similarly to Google Analytics, allowing for a seamless experience for those who work with both. It's now much faster to set up a new ad and traffic it out, which allows media planners to spend more time planning and less time setting up digital ads.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much support available. Also, Doubleclick changed the process for adding new publishers so that we now have to send their team an email with details about the publisher to be added to their database and system. While they are usually able to set things up quickly, within 24 hours, it still can create delays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Doubleclick helps with efficiency, offers helpful report summaries and is an integrated platform- it offers a lot of features all in one place.

Doubleclick makes it easy to handle our standard ad serving needs while providing capabilities for HTML5 creative and conversions that we know will be increasingly necessary for our work. As well as providing a solution for serving digital ads, it provides essential reporting and metrics on the ad placements and allows for easy optimisations.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"DoubleClick Digital Marketing Review"

What do you like best?

I like that everything in DoubleClick, including Campaign Manager, Bid Manager, and Studio, is integrated into one platform.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I think it's a great platform and I have the most experience with it.

Putting everything into one place.

DoubleClick review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Useful Product for Advertising Campaigns"

What do you like best?

It is easy to manage each campaign and set up standard ad, video and any size of ads. The product is very useful for the agency and any advertising company to launch different advertising campaigns. It gathers all the advertising information, report and tags together on one platform. Overall, it is a great platform to manage campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The New DCM is not straightforward than the previous DFA version. The view is clearer. We can see advertiser, campaign level advertising and creatives under the ads, but it is not easy to set up and associate all creatives and advertising with placements. As long as one tag is wrong or any step in the setting is wrong, the discrepancy between 3rd party report and DFA report is very high. There is no clear instruction of setting up the campaign. I wish we could get more formal instructions of campaign set up including the different advertisements such as banner ad and preroll ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More training or formal instructions scripts should be available to users. The set up is confusing without clear instructions.

This platform is very easy to keep tracking how the advertising perform. As long as our advertiser give us the access to view their report, it is easy for us to track the discrepancy between their DFA report and our report. Whenever they have new tags or new video, we can go to DCM and set it up on our end. Report really helps us to do optimization for our clients.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Booyah - AAM/Buyer Review"

What do you like best?

Automated Reports. Ease of Trafficking campaigns from the find and replace naming to the copy button and the mass upload options for creative and LP URLS in the properties tab. Easy to sync with Google Tag Manager is a plus.

Ad creation via creative where the platform auto populates is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Support for the product can sometimes be lagging.

Sometimes DCM freezes within Chrome. I have noticed that it works well in firefox, which is ironic since chrome is a google product.

it would be cool if there was a way to pull in back end data from clients so that reporting would be easier. Such as uploading dynamic costs or call leads that occur via a clients call center.

Call Tracking in general would be a nice option. If there was a google product that synced that together like ifbyphone.com

Recommendations to others considering the product

IF you are looking to run social campaigns and search but limited display the Kenshoo platform does better with socail campaings.

General Display and search campaigns do well with the DCM platform

Pacing for clients and reaching certian KPI's.

Floodlights deduping accross all channels to show what total online activity is actually benefiting to the client.

"DCM Review"

What do you like best?

You can aggregate all your various accounts from different agencies etc housed under one account, it is also nice that you can view all accounts your team member is working on as well

What do you dislike?

the user flow could be better, certain fields are hard to search

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you ask alot of questions and customize reporting etc to best fit your needs from the start as you can auto-populate the report daily

we help run our clients media