DoubleClick for Publishers

4.0

DoubleClick is an integrated ad-technology platform that enables agencies and advertisers to more effectively create, manage and grow high-impact digital marketing campaigns.

Work for DoubleClick for Publishers?

Learning about DoubleClick?

DoubleClick for Publishers Reviews

Showing 145 DoubleClick reviews
DoubleClick review by Tony P.
Tony P.

"The best to order and control ads"

What do you like best?

the way to order the orders and upload the tags of each, besides being very easy and simple to generate reports

What do you dislike?

That you do not have a tool for yourself to be able to grab ads within each web page, and in this case it always depends on a designer and a web master every time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always keep in mind the type of campaign and order that is going to be configured

First of all we are solving the problem of being able to use all the traffic of our portal in the best way.

Managing all the traffic in a very easy and dynamic way, this tool gives us the opportunity to be able to generate new horizons for all the wide that is the platform

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DoubleClick for Publishers
DoubleClick review by Onella A.
Onella A.

"DFP is the best tool to manage ads of Media Sites"

What do you like best?

Doubleclick for publisher is a very powerful tool to manage the ad spaces of websites as well as report the performance to the client end. DFP has a great User interface that made my self-more understandable its features. As a person who has zero knowledge of coding, this tool lets me understand the progress of ads and manage them as a marketing expert. Uploading creatives in a wide range of format, sending reports to clients on the daily basis, trustful ad delivery insights are my favorite features of DFP.

What do you dislike?

Actually, Sometimes DFP loads so slowly. and getting many unfilled impressions. That is too bad on my end. And the report that we can send to clients and other third parties who need to know the insights, is just a report with a number file. DFP doesn't let a feature to customize the appearance of the report to protect the brand identity of the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really want to get the full control of your ad spaces, Doubleclick for publisher is the best tool.

DFP solved the main problem that we face as a digital marketing firm. That is communicating correct statistics to the clients. Other than that DFP helped us to get the full control of the ad units by targeting them under location and page level etc.

What Publisher Ad Server solution do you use?

DoubleClick review by Tristan C.
Tristan C.

"Very difficult to understand"

What do you like best?

That you can fill unsold spots with google ads, or sell your own specific ads to local clients. The data you get back on views and clicks.

What do you dislike?

We found it very difficult to understand. The back end seems to be designed more for programmers than for writers or designers. We're a small newspaper and can't afford to outsource something like this. It took a long time to figure out how to add new clients, then their campaigns and then their specific ads, schedule them correctly and make sure they were getting the right amount of impressions. It seems like it could be a little easier for the layman to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only if they have a lot of web experience. Or to get someone who does have a lot of web experience to implement it for them. We found it to be a real headache.

The problem solved is monetizing a newspaper website while keeping most of the content free for readers. The benefit is staying in business! We'd have used it a lot more if Doubleclick had been more intuitive to use.

"Has its Pros & Cons"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is user friendly for the most part. It is usually easy to naturally pick up on how to add/pull something.

What do you dislike?

From a campaign setup side of things, not being able to flight campaigns is a huge issue. The system is often slow when you add too many lines - which you are forced to do since you can't easily flight. It would also be nice to receive notifications for when things are complete. Reporting is not always 100% accurate either (quartile reporting for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Push them to make campaign setup easier for Publishers. This would help solve many business issues and make work must easier for planners.

We are able to forecast campaigns & track them both internally and using 3P reporting. This is the bulk of our business, so it is making things move. Additionally, a majority of our clients use Doubleclick for 3P tracking - making our partnership easier.

DoubleClick review by Daniel K.
Daniel K.

"DoubleClick"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to get started and the training available is some of the best that I've taken. Once you get used to the platform and capabilities there are several levers to pull that can help reach your goals.

What do you dislike?

Since there are so many different optimization tactics, it can be overwhelming when starting out. Another feature that I don't like is that it is very manual. For example, if you want to target 50 locations, you have to manually put them in and this can be frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A platform that allows you to run programmatic display with a number of great functions.

The major benefit is being able to increase our reach to new customers. With all of the options available, we are able to narrow our audience down to who our potential customers are.

Administrator in Publishing

"Doubleclick for publisher made our advertising so simple"

What do you like best?

Dfp is with a lot of awesome features such as easy ad unit integration to any website using javascript, targeting impressions by country is great when we are dealing with country based clients. DFP and report are one of the strongest features that the system has. I use that feature to send ad performance report to my clients weekly without any involvement of my end. Clients are also so happy with this dfp feature. Dfp, let us use a wide range of creative formats such as images, animated gifs, html5 ads and also when a big client give their DoubleClick tags as the creative we can easily submit those ads tags using DFP. Dfp also very easy to use as a team. Most pro thing is this totally free for publishers.

What do you dislike?

Recently I have noticed that Doubleclick tags not properly work on Microsoft Edge browser and dfp only can be used through a google account. Some people don't use Gmail or Google gsuite. So they have to make a google account only for this purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better if it more user friendly like google analytics user interface.

As Media website administrators, it is very hard to manage ads by being so transparent to the clients and targeting impressions as the client wish. Double click for Public is the solution for all of those problems. Clients really like to the process of Doubleclick and it gives most accurate data. DFP is a great tool for our marketing team who are not aware of programming. They can easily manage ad stuff using DFP without falling into hot water.

DoubleClick review by Leland C.
Leland C.

"DFP"

What do you like best?

It's owned by Google! Of course you gotta go with the powerhouse. My colleague used to always say, "You don't get fired for choosing DFP". In all seriousness, I've used several ad servers and DFP does actually have a nice UI. It's mostly well organized and fairly simple to use.

What do you dislike?

It can be very clunky at times, but most if not all ad server are; which is understandable due to the frequent updates and near real time performance statistics. If you are one of the unlucky ones and work in a faced paced, high stress environment, it will drive you crazy. If you are lucky and work in a somewhat relaxed environment, you can take care of other things while DFP processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Almost everyone uses DFP so it's easy to find talent and collaborate with others. Their support team also does a good job responding to issues/inquiries.

Ad serving of course. Selling ads, trafficking ads, keeping track of ads and making all the money. DFP has almost everything you need.

DoubleClick review by Courtney W.
Courtney W.

"worked with the program the moment Media Visor went away (2+ years)"

What do you like best?

easy to use once you get the hang of it, very straight forward and intuitive. Little to no issues with exporting from DCP into DCM.

What do you dislike?

hard to follow for a first time user, as the product was so new to Google that their engineers didn't understand why we needed certain functions such as a "credit memo" button. So we had to learn on our own, and Google would do revamps of the product then not alert the agency, so the system would crash

Recommendations to others considering the product

Program has been around for a couple of years, if brand new to the program, would look online to see if there are any tutorials

used this program for advertising needs, specific to digital media. We found that this program helped with campaign management and campaign set up.

DoubleClick review by Erinn H.
Erinn H.

"Non-Advertising Professional Using DCP"

What do you like best?

It's easy to track and see the views on your ads. I like that you can copy past campaigns, which makes it easier for someone like me who has very little training.

What do you dislike?

It's not easily self-explanatory. While I dislike this, I do understand that ad campaigns are complex and training is needed to execute. As someone working at a small, independent website who does not have an advertising staff, I wish I was able to run the basic ad campaigns on my own without extensive training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More video tutorials for self-learners.

We have been able to successfully publish and run ad campaigns, and track the traffic. I've realized that for certain things, it's easy to understand.

DoubleClick review by Katie L.
Katie L.

"DoubleClick Review"

What do you like best?

It was easy to go between multiple accounts and would load the data very quickly. You could also save different filters for reporting and that would work on all the different accounts. It was also very useful in terms of uploading multiple campaigns at once or whole new accounts.

What do you dislike?

There were few things that I disliked about DoubleClick. Compared to other platforms, there could be some updates on the amount of visuals that DoubleClick offers for reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the customer service line. They are very beneficial and will take time walking you through anything. I mostly benefited from them with help of bulk sheets to make changes across all my accounts. I would try to get in office support as much as possible and utilize any trainigns that they have to offer.

We were able to pull all of our data from different engines into one platform for easier reporting. It benefited us by not having to pull and multiple reports and combining them. We were also able to make multiple uploads across different engines in one bulk sheet.

Administrator in Media Production

"Good solution for ad serving"

What do you like best?

Once I got the hang of it, DFP has proven to be a solid solution for serving the display and preroll video ads on our website. I like the reporting options.

What do you dislike?

DFP isn't always the most intuitive product to use. We switched from using OpenX to DoubleClick last summer, and I still feel that OpenX was more intuitive to use. I don't like that you can't delete items if you accidentally set up something wrong - you can only archive them. This makes it cluttered and the list is super long when you are scrolling through orders. When we had preroll issues in the beginning, I couldn't really get help in the forums.

We use DFP to serve display ads and preroll ads on our website, www.todayshomeowner.com. Web ads are a huge component of our revenue, and DFP is critical to our success.

DoubleClick review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Good For The Basics (Including Reporting/Targeting)"

What do you like best?

The robust reporting dimensions allow for extensive reporting and the ability to drill down on most of our KPIs through specific metrics. The key values is also a great way to target specific audiences on a basic level.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard interface is a little outdated, and the way the ads are organized can be confusing (between line items, ad units, and placements), specifically how the left-side panel is broken up by Delivery and Inventory (both are similar and it's confusing).

Also we are unable to pull conversions directly from the reporting feature, so we need to compile the DFP reporting with our internal conversion reporting to get a holistic look at the performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a basic ad system, then this is the product for you. If you're looking for something where you can control personalization or multi-unit ad management on a large scale, then this might be limiting.

We use this to serve our on-site ads, which includes measuring the performance of those ads as well.

DoubleClick review by Alisha F.
Alisha F.

"DFP Review"

What do you like best?

DFP works great for uploading web ads into our system to run for our clients. It's very easy to upload creatives, get reports, and start or stop another creative. I feel like anyone could use this system and it's very user friendly. I've noticed there have been updates to the sytem as well and I've been very happy with it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to upload the same creative a whole bunch of different times when the ad is running for a long period of time, like 12 months or so. It will be much better if you could tell it to upload that same creative to those 12 different months. I've also noticed that since it's online, DFP will freeze periodically and I will have to refresh the page and it will take me back to the home page instead of where I last was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Double Click for Publishers if you have ads to run for your business site.

Getting the creatives up and running as fast as possible for our clients. Getting great easy to read reports for our clients so they know whether or not their ad got the results they wanted.

DoubleClick review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"DoubleClick For Publishers is Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Once you know exactly how to set up each line and organize your orders, the rest is all quite simple. I schedule all of my ad placements for the websites I work with on DFP and I rarely have issues. I think what I like best is that you do not have to post an ad right away, you can schedule the start and end date on your own.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there is a bit of a delay when taking ads down and posting ads. Sometimes it can take 10 minutes. In the past I have mistakingly added the wrong artwork for an ad and I've had to wait a bit of time to see that it is no longer visible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are managing multiple producers, websites and ad types, this program is excellent.

This is probably the easiest way to keep all of our producers ads separate and be able to view their reports for each ad as well.

"Best in the business"

What do you like best?

DFP is not the most complete package for a publisher but its pretty close. If you have a number of website and are looking for a platform to monetize your inventory DFP has to be the easiest to use.

What do you dislike?

Not 100% complete in that you need other "plugins" or Google products in order to have a complete system for website monetization. What I dislike is that DFP only works well with other Google products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on the fence about going with DFP for your business try DFP for Small Business. Its a free version of the Premium platform. The platform is the same there are just a few features missing, but it will give you the full understanding of what DFP has to offer.

DFP is allowing us to affiliate over 200 websites and rep their inventory. The benefit to having DFP is that we can traffic campaigns across all these properties within a single platform.

DoubleClick review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"DCM is pretty much the be-all end-all 3P resource for media"

What do you like best?

The best part of DCM is the simplicity of the interface and the fact that it's the universal tool used across agencies. You don't have to re-learn a new tool with this one because it's the one everyone uses, at least in my experience.

What do you dislike?

There could be more sophisticated features, like rolling up placements into packages for a different view of a media buy and a greater UX design investment to enhance the user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You're going to use it one way or another if you work at an ad agency so you might as well get started sooner rather than later

We're running media across a spectrum of publishers and programmatic partners to serve media for clients. It's a one-stop shop for third party trusted data on performance

DoubleClick review by Julia J.
Julia J.

"Fine for trafficking display"

What do you like best?

I like the "progress" portion of the line item. You are able to see how your line items are pacing to goal in terms of impressions.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't easily export a report for a line item or order with just a click. That was a feature until last month!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to traffic your display ads and pull reporting.

My company uses DFP to traffic ads on our website. We also use it for reporting. My company uses DFP in conjunction with Operative One.

DoubleClick review by Miguel P.
Miguel P.

"Not very good, but there is no other free alternative."

What do you like best?

Its free and it works under Google Infrastructure (when it works). It supports numerous banner and video formats and reports are very detailed. It has multi user support and it works (somewhat) with all kinds of SDKs, from web to mobile (even with gaming frameworks).

What do you dislike?

No official support. The user interface is awful, when something fails error messages and codes doesn't tell you much and since there is no official support besides community forums, problems can be dragged forever or simply get unsolved.

You can't rename or delete stuff, that is simply ridiculous. You need to update something? Rename it, upload a new one, create filters to avoid having to see the old one and so on, absolutely cumbersome. This applies for creatives, companies, campaigns, everything.

This product has being around for quite sometime but it still has problems on a regular basis, on the other hand, the team in charge of the product reacts in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is actually no other free alternative right now, so I say go with this if only you can't or want to afford another solution.

A free hosted ad server solution, there is no other real alternative.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Real Time and Powerful insights"

What do you like best?

DoubleClick has powerful reporting and is easy to use. It provides automated, more complex bidding strategies and has faster, robust administration and reporting. It is really user friendly and it also allows multiple accounts to be managed from one interface. Data sharing across the DoubleClick stack is also easy.

What do you dislike?

Bulk uploads always have issues and it cannot segment by publisher in an easy and efficient way. Sometimes a floodlight fell off and it will not send you automatic report to monitor those tags. It also sometimes has some back end changes in the reporting and would cause returning no data in the reports.

Doubleclick is our ad server and it is used to display adverts on their websites. Easy to setup and monitor performance

Administrator in Media Production

"DFP - Saves Face With Clients"

What do you like best?

I like that you can get analytics you need pretty much immediately. There is also real-time feedback on the status of your ad content.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that often I don't know why my ads are stuck in "ready" status. If I've set everything up correctly, then I shouldn't have to delete what I've done and start over only to do it the same way again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with all of Google's products, you can get pretty advanced with this product. I suggest training for that. If you simply want to implement ads with valid statistics, as we do, you can do that as well without much training.

We are giving feedback to clients about how their purchased ads are performing on our website. This is invaluable for repeat business.

"Easy to Nav"

What do you like best?

DFP is very easy to navigate and can handle insanely large volumes of trafficking, reporting and forecasting for any variety of publisher. I've become well aquatinted with this tool and still there's so much to learn!

What do you dislike?

Though it can handle extremely large volumes, I'm on the far end of this scope and have experienced slowness due to overwhelming amounts of activity and reporting happening simulatiously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really amazing for anyone all the way up to high volume publishers. Just like many other Google products and platforms, this one nearly hits the mark in every instance and where it does fall down is minor or manageable. I highly recommend this platform to anyone looking to traffic their own ads to their own server and site. (Unsure on the price of this product)

I'm an employee of an organization that uses DFP to traffic, report and project large quantities of display advertising onto their own sites across the country. The benefits are enormous and none really compare within their competitors.

"Universal platform"

What do you like best?

Doubleclick is the most universally accepted tag manager, creating ease across multiple vendors on campaigns. This is where we collect the bulk of the data to create reports, later filling in the gaps with non-DCM-enabled (site served) impressions to create the full picture of each campaign.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information can be disparate, making it hard to do proper analysis in the actual platform. This is mostly due to vendors that do not take DCM tags. Even so, we still rely on DCM as our main platform. despite this hurdle.

Consolidating where all media is ran through. We are able to pull reports and data through Doubleclick.

DoubleClick review by Carlos F.
Carlos F.

"Excelent ad server"

What do you like best?

Always fast and up to date with the latest changes in the advertising industry, combined with a really good documentation.

What do you dislike?

Changes take a long time to reflect, most of the user interface is not intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely the best ad server in the market

It is possible to create auctions within the ad inventory and deliver third party tags

DoubleClick review by User in Internet

"Great for basic ad operations and management"

What do you like best?

I liked that you can track the progress of the ad campaigns and the analytics were easy to pull. It was also great to have all our campaigns in one place, that you can copy a campaign, and the geotarget feature.

What do you dislike?

I think the way campaigns (or line items/orders in DFP) could be organized better. It may just be the way our company managed ad campaigns, but it is difficult to find a specific campaign unless you know the exact way you named it. It would be nice to be able to organize by date or month, or even by brand or type of campaign (rather than having to rely solely on the naming convention).

Recommendations to others considering the product

As someone who had little prior experience with ad operations and management, I found DFP fairly easy to use. However, you may need to have your own way of keeping track of campaigns/ads loaded because it can be hard to search back for a specific campaign.

It was definitely helpful having a place to keep all our ad campaigns and be able to track the analytics and measure how successful the campaign was.

"DCM Migration"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of trafficking in DCM as you're able to utilize the same creative across multiple campaigns. It also allows for robust reporting capabilities and the DCM support team is very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The system does not allow you to export full urls with omniture attached. This makes it difficult for Google analytics reporting as full URLs need to be manually created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth giving a try if your company also uses DBM and Google Analytics.

By implementing all campaigns into DCM, we are now able to assign conversion attribution more accurately across campaigns instead of sticking to a last click model.

DoubleClick review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Overall a great product for serving ads."

What do you like best?

- It works well with many agencies and ad tags. There's no learning curve or trust issues with advertising agencies.

- You can upload multiple creatives at once, rather than one-by-one (I've had experience with other ad trafficking systems where that is the case). Campaigns can be set so DFP ads can serve the more popular version of the creative automatically.

What do you dislike?

- The reports for clients is still exported to an excel spreadsheet. With a company like Google, which has the visual Google Analytics for websites, I am surprised there is not a more visual way to generate client reports.

- No great support yet for HTML5 files - it looks like I would need to traffic HTML5 files using DoubleClick Studio

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have never once considered going to a competitor. I've used ad publishing systems by others, but DFP is much easier to use when testing/previewing ads, working with agencies, and getting forecasting reports for available inventory.

We use DFP to serve ads on our website. DFP easily allows us to use adtags to serve ads on other platforms, such as our ad, and it has made working with ad agencies very easy.

DoubleClick review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A Great Way to Manage Paid Advertising"

What do you like best?

We use DFP to manage paid advertisements for 4 different sites and it's pretty clever. We have a bit of a custom setup for it where we can target our clients based on criteria they're searching on our site as well as target users based on the geographical location of their IP. Overall it makes it a great tool for us to be able to sell ad spaces. We get a lot of analytics from using DFP so we can provide out clients with results. On average our ad spots get around 60k impressions a week so it's very important to provide the clients who are purchasing the ad space with the best information we can about how many people are clicking though their banners.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there isn't really a way to delete things in case something gets cancelled (especially if it's before its live). You can only "archive" the line item which does the business, but it doesn't make the orders look neat. We tried to get support during one of their larger tag upgrades (the only one they've did in a few years -- just to keep up to date) and it was a pain trying to get a hold of their support team. They don't have a phone number you can call to get assistance so you're stuck with using a contact form. It took us 3 weeks of valuable time to get a hold of someone who we could talk to about how we could save money on our plan and in order to get a call with one of their support staff so we could ask some questions about the tag updates. In general though, if you have to contact them about simple questions or issues, the contact us form they have does get you the right information in 2-4 days (usually on the 2 day side pending holidays).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wasn't around for the implementation of the product, but it took a little while to implement from what I've been told (3-4 months on a semi-complex site) but once it's implemented it really is a nice low-maintenance product that provides a lot of features to help you target specific clientele with any sort of ad or embedded media.

We are using the ad units as a major source of revenue for our site. We have about 30-40 places on out site that we sell ad space and we price out the locations based on the impressions that the pages get.

DoubleClick review by Ethan C.
Ethan C.

" Grew my Digital Advertising Business"

What do you like best?

I like how this platform has everything a digital publisher needs. It allows me to manage and deliver many facets of advertising such as web, mobile, and video advertising. In addition, the simplicity of the UI/UX makes it super fast and easy to navigate and use this for inputing and controlling advertisements. It is super easy to use and not much training is required. Moreover, the revenue optimization option ensures me the thought that I'm maximizing revenue. We recently took our ad server which was previously .05/CPM and made it free for up to 100M impressions a month. The Dynamic Allocation allow remnants to compete with direct for every impression in Real-Time. Last but not least, it is very reliable and never fails!

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike about this is that this platform is inflexible. IT is hard to customize ads to your liking/ target certain audience groups that you want to. I feel like google should have a better support team also, It is hard to reach out and solve issues with some ads being deployed.

This solves part of our monetization issues. It helps us gain more revenue at a steady and reliable pace. IT ensures us that we are getting what our ads are worth. Also, we receive payments reliably and quickly, thus maximizing our ad profits.

DoubleClick review by Krystal P.
Krystal P.

"Doubleclick review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy it is to navigate dfp. Through the search column you have easy access to view all orders under a certain name - or even if you don’t have a full name it brings up all suggestions. I also really enjoy the reporting and query option, with the all the metrics we have access to, it helps tell a whole story to a client

What do you dislike?

The system can be slow or lag sometimes. Show that it’s “thinking” for a while

I’m able to see a campaign pacing and see where i need to optimize

DoubleClick review by Kevin Y.
Kevin Y.

"It does the job"

What do you like best?

Auto pacing. Delivery according to priority. Support is quick to response.

What do you dislike?

Report generation is slow. It's does not offer yield analysis. Unable to report on certain dimension such as DMA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a proven product by being the market leader.

Serve ads for the Publishers with minimal human interference. It blends programmatic selling seamlessly

DoubleClick review by Brianna H.
Brianna H.

"Double Click for Publishers"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to download metrics reports and filter by line item/date.

What do you dislike?

How it can be a process to check for available inventory.

Help track client site ads within our websites. Impressions/clicks/CTR and predict of the goal quantity of impressions will be hit before the months up.

"DFP review"

What do you like best?

I rely on DFP on a daily basis to check impression inventory, set up campaigns, and analyze campaign performance. I really like that the format is very easy to use, well organized and offers an easy to read color output on campaign progress. The step by step funnel approach to set-up makes it very simple to have campaigns up and running in no time. There are pop up's that inform the user of any errors that occur on the page and offers assistance in fixing them.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike about DFP is the speed at which pages load. Many times I will need to set up several line items, over 20, and clicking from one to the next requires a full page load and takes a significant amount of time. I have a fast internet connection at work but it seems like the server in which DFP operates out of is lacking in bandwidth.

We utilize DPF as our primary advertising campaign set up platform. We also rely on DFP for proper tracking of impression delivery for billing, fulfillment, and performance. I like that my account manager has access to all of my campaigns and it's open platform allows me to monitor history changes and keep on top of things.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Positive so far! I have been using it for a couple months now"

What do you like best?

Bid automation options with bid strategies and bid rules. These make my life a lot easier as I have multiple accounts to manage and adjusting bids manually can become a tedious and time consuming task

What do you dislike?

can take some time to execute certain functions and load... It would be ideal if the platform was faster. Certainly less clunky than previous platforms that I have used though

Recommendations to others considering the product

DoubleClick is a user friendly platform that provides many tools for automation, making account management a lot easier!

Strategically lowering CPCs for my clients brands while also making sure to appear at the top of SERPs. This is for their branded paid search as well as their unbranded category search.

DoubleClick review by Dwight M.
Dwight M.

"DoubleClick. The Trafficking Solution for Rich Media"

What do you like best?

I like the way DoubleClick worked with Flash and continues to work now that we've transitioned to HTML5 animation through GWD.

What do you dislike?

The association and QA process is frequently somewhat laborious for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to roll this out properly to users and you will reap the benefits in time saved reagrding malfunctioning creatives and unhappy clients.

Trafficking and troubleshooting rich media to and with our ad operations team. If an ad previews properly in DCS, it's likely to have no issues once live.

DoubleClick review by Fabiana D.
Fabiana D.

"Excellent tool to manage campaigns and AdSense in your website or network"

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate own campaigns and adsense thus managing the inventory in the best way. I like the ability to manage different campaign types as HTML5, images and the like

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is not easy to assign the corresponding percentage of competing line items. I have had problems with inventory forecast. Also, is not easy to manage different websites with one adsense account associated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't feel overwhelmed with the so many options of the interface, be patient. Probably you'll get errors of overselling inventory, in that case, review the percentages of the campaigns competing in the ad unit

Monetize the ad slots of my different web sites

"DFP Review"

What do you like best?

I think overall it has an easy user experience if you are familiar with digital terms/how ads work. I think that if you are an account manager / campaign manager it's the most universal program

What do you dislike?

I don't like how many steps it takes to take 'screenshots' of ad units / placements

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make it more user friendly

We are looking to solve issues of discrepancies between first and third party tracking

DoubleClick review by Kimberly V.
Kimberly V.

"Wide use and Google backing lends to easy implementation and data accessibility"

What do you like best?

It's integrated and widely used across publishers and agency alike which help with seamless campaign implementation and reporting

What do you dislike?

Since Google is so huge, sometimes it can take a long time to see needed updates happen on the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend as its so widely used across publishers and agencies

Helping all media be trackable and accountable is a huge part of building client trust so it's a huge benefit to be able to have a platform that aggregates data, tracking and reporting all into one place

DoubleClick review by Lauren P.
Lauren P.

"Double click Review"

What do you like best?

It’s effecienct and has a great ability to target within our needs

What do you dislike?

it’s clunky and not user friendly, there is a lot of manual work to inout

Serving our ads, needed more targeting

DoubleClick review by Administrator

"Best Adserver any publisher can have"

What do you like best?

DFP is one of the most simplest adservers one can onboard to monetize your site if you have direct sales. The concept of ad units and keyvalues is simple, even coding your sites is simple with their tag generators. And there is plenty of help in the Google Forums

What do you dislike?

Not the best for monetizing large waterfalls. It can be done but it a little cumbersome with passback tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a test spin with their free version. DFP Small Business

Monetizing our direct sold campaigns. We are able to schedule campaigns and sell campaigns knowing the exact number of inventory we have. We can rotate multiple advertisers very easily.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Good UI, best existing so far"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly, works well, no bugs, tracking doesnt drop off. Easy to learn how to use

What do you dislike?

When it comes to Bing, I do not think copy paste to another engine works well, although it might have been fixed. Then when it comes to additional metrics to be created, that part is quite difficult

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are not many good UI's there to choose from really. Doubleclick might not be the best overall, but it is the best from the existing ones. Other ones have tracking to drop off overnight for example, nothing like that happens with doubleclick.

mainly optimising towards CPA. It is easy to use the testing tools, they seem to be delivering the promised. Although if you set keywords to be in position one, algorithms can test in and put in position 3, although you didn't ask for it

DoubleClick review by Felicity B.
Felicity B.

"Experienced Ad Ops Professional "

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of DFP is the ability to bulk edit line items and creatives. I appreciate this feature, as it allows for speedier campaign management. I also appreciate the ability to view pacing and performance from a campaign level.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you are not able to bulk edit line items for the site list. I also wish the Reach reporting feature was more robust.

We are solving a variety of targeting tactic issues with our clients.

DoubleClick review by Natalie M.
Natalie M.

"Steep learning curve, but highly powerful"

What do you like best?

So many ways to customize reports, automated reporting and integration with other Google advertising tools.

What do you dislike?

I completed my DoubleClick Campaign manager certification before using DCM and I still found it very difficult to use at first. After learning my way around from practice. I think the tool is the best way to 3rd party verify paid media campaigns. Wish I didn't have to add UTMs to HTML5 creative one ad at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It should be easier to contact support and/ or troubleshoot when something doesn't work.

We used DCM for reporting and 3rd party verification. It was efficient in reporting cost, impressions, click-through, view-through, etc.

DoubleClick review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Very intuitive for simple tasks"

What do you like best?

The interface is super easy to use and it's pretty intuitive. From an ad trafficking prospective, the process in which you enter items make the most sense. Also, the tech team is VERY responsive with questions.

What do you dislike?

When trying to complete a task that is a little out of the norm, the interface is slightly more challenging and I typically have to reach out to the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to use for ad-serving. They have a lot of great tools within DFP that can help you forecast, report, track, all of your ad serving needs.

We needed a platform to help serve ads on our site. DFP has helped us display, track, and report on our ads.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Limited Creative Capabilities but Expansive Network"

What do you like best?

Extensive partnerships and clean traffic for campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Creative approval process is tedious and it's hard to get clear direction on the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it when you can figure out the algorithm for what creatives are approved and not approved. Google has assigned different companies to help with support which is nice.

Looking for inventory sources for our clients to fulfill campaigns and used as a third party ad server for specific campaigns.

DoubleClick review by Kendall R.
Kendall R.

"Easy to use and easy to to export"

What do you like best?

The query pull is super easy to use and very straight forward.

What do you dislike?

It can take a little bit to pull reports

Tracking reporting and checking for discrepancies between first and third party reports. Easy layout in reporting.

DoubleClick review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Double Click is Intuitive and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like using the key value targeting to better serve our ads. Impressions have increased after implemented key value targeting.I like how easy it is to look at our yield report for the month or week.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it is to name orders and creatives. We have a lot of creatives call House Ad X 1 and House Ad X 1 New, etc. I would like the option to delete old creatives and orders permanently.

We are serving ads on our website to people who are interesting in seeing them. We have realized the benefit of using House Ads to target web users rather than just as remnant ads.

DoubleClick review by Erica R.
Erica R.

"Easy to Use Self-Serve Platform"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that it's a familiar interface to work within and the amount of control you have as a publisher through the platform.

What do you dislike?

There aren't as many customized configurations as with other programmatic vendors, but that's the trade off for the transparency and inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize your representative as much as possible to get up and running.

We are using DoubleClick for display and video advertising campaigns for both B2C and C2C clients.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Using Double Click to manage digital ad traficking"

What do you like best?

I like that you can see every action that has been taken on the account, this is particularly useful when someone if being trained in and you need to see exactly what they have done, in case anything goes wrong. It is really excellent for developing links for digital media suppliers.

What do you dislike?

It took quiet a lot of training to get me used to the program, it didn't feel like the most intuitive software I've used. Was sometimes difficult to know if a campaign was live or not.

The primary benefit is that I can always see what digital campaigns I have going live at any moment. It is great to have one place where I can see all our content

"amazing"

What do you like best?

love DCM, pretty straightforward and the UI is super easy to use with so many details. also info tends to be pretty accurate.

What do you dislike?

hmm it could be nice to have easier access to DCM support, perhaps a chat-bot type thing, rather than having to have calls and emails with the support team. also for some reason my team does not have access to video views.

accurate info

DoubleClick review by Christine S.
Christine S.

"Good for digital banner ads"

What do you like best?

Easy to organize by creative or specific dates

What do you dislike?

the upgrade is a little hard to figure out

Easy to see what creative does well during which date.

DoubleClick review by Philip P.
Philip P.

"Still could use some improving"

What do you like best?

The organization of line items is good and search tool is handy.

What do you dislike?

How making updates to input fields in the creative templates erases values on existing lines. How their still isn't support for serving 1st party html5 ads. How it doesn't make 3rd party assets completely secure.

Serving ads to make revenue.

One benefit I've realized is that I can unlock code from a creative upon creation.

DoubleClick review by Ally D.
Ally D.

"DoubleClick Campaign Manager is incredible useful for our media team to serve our ads."

What do you like best?

I like how straight forward the platform is to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of steps it takes to create the packages, placements and creative.

Running ads.

DoubleClick review by Sarah W.
Sarah W.

"DFP"

What do you like best?

Everything. It's convenient, easy to understand, and backed by Google, so the problem solving is always quick and efficient.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little laggy, and doesn't play very well with other distributors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're learning, do DFP University! It's not going to teach you everything, but it certainly helps with the basics.

Dynamically serving display and video ads is easier than ever with DFP.

Administrator in Publishing

"easy to use but needs investment"

What do you like best?

simple design and easy to use, with both ad-ex and DFP all in one application

What do you dislike?

lack of investment, it could be better targeting options and support could be much better

the ease of creating ad tags and serving a verity of ads in one place with out getting to complicated

"DFP Works Great"

What do you like best?

DFP is a great program to use for scheduling ads. It is simple, detailed and organized. I find the process to add, update or cancel new/current ads very user friendly and I would highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting was easier to use. I found difficulties in creating simplified reports and problems changing certain reporting content blocking me from adding aspects without a clear definition on what to do to correct it, when it seems like it should be easier to do.

This schedules ads on our newspaper websites, the benefits of the simplicity to get ads scheduled live is very good.

DoubleClick review by Lorna H.
Lorna H.

"Only use a small bit but"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate and find things. If you dont know where anything is, you can get fast support.

What do you dislike?

We run a lot of stuff on it so it can be a bit slow here and there

We use it to load web ads onto our websites. Definitely efficient and easy to manage everything together throughout the business.

DoubleClick review by User

"I love doubleclick because it makes native ads easy(er)"

What do you like best?

I like how doubleclick integrates with analytics and adsense. I love using doubleclick.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how difficult it is to set up the code, but that might just be me. I had to look up tutorials to figure out the platform but I did figure it out eventually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest looking up tutorials for getting started.

I am solving problems with monetization. The benefits I have found are that it's much easier to use than other platforms, and it is readily available to bloggers like me.

DoubleClick review by Lucia P.
Lucia P.

"Using DFP for Publishers in RTB environment"

What do you like best?

Overall, system is intuitive and easy to understand. Creation of ad units and placements is relatively easy and uploading of creative units makes trafficking easy. System can recognize creatives from different ad servers, so that makes trafficking of ads fairly simple.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is not very good. Hours are limited and often you get routed to VM, and then getting callbacks can take a long time. There isn't an easy way to just get a real person on the line, and when you do, they route you to their online "help" -- which if you don't use the right keywords can be frustrating. Often, I would reach out to my account manager and ask him to help get our needs prioritized by the right folks.

When we upgraded to DFP premium, there were reporting updates where they had taken away some basic functionality that we actually liked. This may have changed since I used it last (about 3 months ago), but it was such that you couldn't set up reporting to go to someone UNLESS they were set up in your system as a user (which we didn't want to do). I think other users reporting similar issues with that feature release, so DFP may have since resolved.

Side note: sometimes the creative preview didn't work properly (possibly a browser compatibility issue?).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a clear understanding of how you want to structure your sites, ad units and placements.

Used this product most recently for nearly 5 years. The company I was with needed an ad serving platform to deliver display ads using RTB. Our implementation was a bit different that others, however, in that we didn't use all of the bells & whistles that DFP had to offer, because our proprietary DSP took care of all of the decision-making process w/regards to inventory, targeting, etc.

DoubleClick review by Anish K.
Anish K.

"Doublick is one of the best ad serving technologies available out there"

What do you like best?

1. It offers seamless integration with other media technology platforms

2. The raw log files available through Google Cloud API allow us to perform a bunch of in house Analytics outside of the scheduled and standard reports in the UI

3. The new version (DCM) is more robust and offers flexibility with tagging and ad operations

What do you dislike?

The reporting platform either offers all flexibility or no flexibility to set up campaigns.

Campaign managers sometimes find it difficult to pull data corresponding to specific tags at a desired level of granularity,

This will require the users to contact the customer service for customized reports. When the ad hoc requests increase in number, this might lead to a delay in processing the requests

Recommendations to others considering the product

The uses must realize that the platform is beyond just a ad campaign management UI and a reporting tool. It is a base to integration with other Google services and offers a lot of flexibility to build in house analytical solutions

The main focus of the team was to leverage the power of raw log files from the Google Cloud Services.

The GC API allowed us to download the DT (Data Transfer) files into our local servers, apply additional data cleansing techniques and apply in house modeling application on top of them

Administrator in Media Production

"DFP Premium & DFP for Small Business review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use UI, industry standard, easy implementation of ad tags, free version (DFP for Small Business) uses the same API as the Premium and offers most of the same functionality and features.

What do you dislike?

Unfilled impressions issue. Using DFP Premium at one publisher we had a lot of unfilled impressions (which are billed for). Theoretically if you have Network and House ads set to fill all remaining impressions, there should not be any unfilled, but somehow there is. I recently implemented DFP for Small Business at a different publisher where we have very low sell-through but orders with multiple House priority ads, yet we still have unfilled and blanks. There has to be something wrong in the DFP algorithms that Google has not yet figured out. Overall, DFP-SB is a great deal since it is completely free and offers nearly all of the same features as long as your site uses less than 90 million impressions per month. Plus, since SB is free, you don't pay for those unfilled impressions. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the API if you can; from what my developers have told me, it is the most robust API they've used (same API for Premium and Small Business).

Use the DFP SDK if you have mobile apps to implement ads.

Premium at my former company allowed us to transition from multiple ad servers for mobile, display and video to just one. Small Business has allowed my current company to have advanced features at no cost, which is better than the expensive limited feature set ad server we were using (Freewheel).

DoubleClick review by Samsudin K.
Samsudin K.

"User friendly and powerful tools for publishers"

What do you like best?

The user interface is easy to use. I had used many other advertising tools but this is the easier one to use. Very easy to create order, upload creative or use 3rd party creative tags. If you have basic understanding of online advertising, this is an easy tools to pick up and become an expert.

What do you dislike?

Trying to get initial contact from Google was nightmare but once your account is created, it was an easy process.. I heard stories about limited supported and everything is done via self-help documentations. I wished they have better chat or live support. I usually go to the account manager for assistance or questions.

Most advertiser use DFA for ad serving and we want to use DFP to serve this ad on small publishers site. Having an integrated DFA and DFP tools will solve reporting discrepancies. The ad serving is very reliable and robust.

DoubleClick review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"So far, there haven't been any problems, and it has solid capabilities"

What do you like best?

It's really user-friendly. When I first started using Premium at my previous company (now using small business), there were a lot of differences from Legacy that didn't make a lot of sense, but they have done a lot to make the user interface a lot more streamlined and easy to use. Also, I really like the GPT tag troubleshooting. It has definitely helped us identify some of the holes in our system.

What do you dislike?

Their support team is really slow when it comes to answering questions, and most of the time, they just refer you to the help section, rather than fully answering your questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since there are so many users, it is easy to find solutions to issues you come across, in the forums. The support team seems to have a solid grasp on the product, but there are times when it takes weeks to hear anything about something you have emailed them, and a lot of the time, they just refer you to the help section anyway (which never really seems complete).

We are using them as our main adserving platform for mobile and web. We were using them for video/pre-roll as well, but have since moved to a different vendor.

DoubleClick review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"A leading product for all platforms and devices in need of few improvements"

What do you like best?

I like best the general Google feel & look and also the Google search style, even if there are some limitations on this as well.

As an adserver I think is great, only once recently the ad server stopped delivering all ads for a couple of hours. Also, you can serve display, video, mobile, Apps ads all from the same interface and platform.

What do you dislike?

There are many things I dislike.

While for example the general Google look & feel is great there is too much of scrolling in a vertical and horizontal way that is required to find what you need.

Also, I hate the fact that you cannot target continents but you have to group countries and know well the geography!

Reporting is probably the area where Google would need to do some work, there is always something that is missing in terms of fields or filters and you have to do lots of work to get what you want.

It is also a very US-centric product which is an issue if you serve ads across all the globe and you follow local industry practises.

This product help publishers to serve display, video and mobile/Apps ads across all platforms and devices, including programmatic so there is no need of other ad server products. It also helps with reporting and billing & reconciliation even if they can improve these areas a lot in my opinion especially also for non-US publishers. The benefit is having everything in one place.

DoubleClick review by James W.
James W.

"Top tier AdServer used in multiple companies"

What do you like best?

The UI is great and the ease of use makes this a simple adserver to use. The system is very flexible when it comes to targeting needs and reporting. The forecasting tool if setup correctly can provide great insight. Additionally this adserver is setup to integrate with multiple systems as well. The API allows you to connect to any Order Management Systems to simplify how you manage the Sales workflow.

What do you dislike?

Google can take time to make some enhancements so you can be stuck with some outdated setup for a while. Also they tend to enforce their own timelines on you when something needs to be changed. Lack of flexibility on that area can be a challenge but does not happen often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easily the most complete adserver out there. They can be costly as they will charge you all adserving fees based on the ad requests, however if you have a strong Sales team they are worth the buy.

When you trying to consolidate your web and mobile adservers DFP allowed us the ease of doing this. It makes the operations workflow much easier to manage and training time is quick for the team. The ability to also run ad networks through this also helps simplify the process.

DoubleClick review by Administrator

"For ad ops, not mere mortals"

What do you like best?

Deep set of options and reporting for booking digital campaigns. It's the industry standard for good reason.

What do you dislike?

Arcane and opaque at first. Requires training at nearly every step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training.

Modern, dynamic ad serving for a variety of formats. We have more uptime and less issues than with any previous ad server.

DoubleClick review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"DoubleClick"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface, scheduled edits.

What do you dislike?

Scheduled edits sometimes don't work. I also do not like that it is very hard to find the actual homepage of doubleclick on the go or within search, you have to have the login bookmarked.

Manage Yahoo, Bing and Google in one area.

DoubleClick review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Good enough..."

What do you like best?

Display advertising options meet my needs

What do you dislike?

Video ad serving is terrible; support for video is terrible and I would strongly reccomend against using DFP P if you are heavy on video

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best and they have allowed it to get to their heads. Legacy was much better then Premium and over the last 5 years Support has gone from great to ok to TERRIBLE. DFP Support is useless; unless you need help finding a link to a help center artcile that you probably already read prior to reaching out to them.

Still would reccomend for display advertising

Not sure what this mean? I am solving the problems of serving digital ads well. DFP is great for display and terrible for video.

DoubleClick review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Easy Transition from DFA (DCM)"

What do you like best?

This product was very easy to transition to coming from a DFA (DCM) background.

What do you dislike?

When a new order was entered, after trafficking the first line, you had to accept and approve the order prior to trafficking the rest of the campaign. Otherwise the campaign would not go live until it was approved. This just seemed to be an unnecessary step. Another issue we have is when the DFA and DFP impression results do not match when they are from the same company. It seems this should be something would be able to sync up somehow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and works very well with DFA tags and capabilities.

We are aiming to become more efficient with the trafficking processes we currently have. We are constantly trafficking ads through DFP and use a variety of tag vendors, all of which are compatible with DFP.

DoubleClick review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Like a breathe of fresh air"

What do you like best?

So easy to use and takes just a couple of minutes to upload a campaign. it is difficult to make a mistake as the system tells you what you have done wrong the majority of the time

What do you dislike?

When building out sites within the inventory tab you are unable to duplicate a previous site, it also does not allow you to bring over the same sizes for multiple sections

Recommendations to others considering the product

The majority of publishers use DFP so there is always peers you can ask advice from. Is fast becoming the industry standard

We recently moved from Dart Enterprise and have managed to half the time it takes us to traffic the campaigns. The reporting interface is excellent and you can pull data in multple manners. I am able to provide my sales teams with much more detail to enable them to sell

"Very organized"

What do you like best?

Since this is a Google based product, they give lots of guides and step by steps to help you understand each and every section. It's easy to find answer to questions and follow along with the videos.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if the program is in use for too long it becomes slow. I usually find that refreshing the page in a new browser helps with this issue

It helps keep ads organized by creative or line

DoubleClick review by Administrator

"DFP for Centralized Ad Performance Reporting"

What do you like best?

DFP is well documented and highly customizable for even the most complex ad products.

What do you dislike?

Reporting interface is very clunky and unintuitive.

We use DFP to track all of our advertiser impressions and as a guideline for revenue reporting.

"Easy to implement tags"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the site. It is very user friendly and guides you through the process of implementing tags and QA testing.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of time lapse before tags ate live and you can report on them.

Solves tons of business problems like management of tags and has testing features so I can see what the ads will look like live on the site. Also, able to take screenshots very easily.

DoubleClick review by Administrator

"Efficient and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Very self explanatory with assistance next to each item in case you need help.

What do you dislike?

If you use it for a lot of clients it can be overwhelming so organization is key

Easy to view clicks

DoubleClick review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Overall good platform but could use some improvements"

What do you like best?

Google is always produces a robust system and this one is no different. DFP provides a wealth of integration with other companies and services.

What do you dislike?

Being that google is such a big company there are small pieces that are missing, and google doesn't really listen to fix the problems. There is limited device reporting that should be a simple fix but refuses to be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect to be wowed with their service or with their tech support. They know what to do in certain situations but don't solicit their help unless requested. You have to know what you are looking for for them to help you.

We switched from a smaller ad server to DFP and have been happy with the new technologies that we can have integrated directly to the adserver.

DoubleClick review by Ilias T.
Ilias T.

"Great Product to serve and monetise nventory best possible ads"

What do you like best?

Ability to track direct sales, using network inventory for programmatic and fallback ads for unused inventory on GDN

What do you dislike?

Too much Google products orientated. Hard to customise as much as needed for enterprise level companies

Serving ads from direct sales, ad exchanges and networks in the optimal way for monetisation

DoubleClick review by Katie S.
Katie S.

"DFP Review"

What do you like best?

Access to many features, ease of putting in one order

What do you dislike?

Difficult to do many lines, can't backtrack to a previous page without losing work, clunky/oldfashioned

Advertising

DoubleClick review by Chantal S.
Chantal S.

"Making my apps easier to use"

What do you like best?

I love that I can implement my apps in a way that monetizes them!!

What do you dislike?

Some quirks that needs to be figured out but overall a success

Easy access for reads to click on posts on different apps

DoubleClick review by Mirelle M.
Mirelle M.

"Easy to use and gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Self explanatory, not too clunky and offers basic analytics for free.

What do you dislike?

wish there were more analytics feature for free.

We used this for in house advertisements. I liked that we didn't have to rely on our IT dept to change out ads and that had more control over the process in marketing.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Very effective once you learn the ins and outs"

What do you like best?

DoubleClick can be extremely powerful if you are familiar with the tool but can be a bit tricky to learn and not the most user-friendly. I like the reporting capabilities and the amount of data it is able to report on.

What do you dislike?

It is not the most intuitive and can be a bit tricky to learn - learn by trial and error.

Using DoubleClick for ad trafficking, tags, campaign management, and reporting capabilities. I think the reporting capabilities was unexpected.

DoubleClick review by Alison B.
Alison B.

"Frequent user, positive experience "

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and easy to learn, helpful for teaching our entry level employees

What do you dislike?

Can be glitchy at times, and we do not deal directly with support so sometimes we encounter issues.

Primary adserver, we use this platform frequently to distribute our ads.

DoubleClick review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Once you set up your report it's quite simple to use"

What do you like best?

That it validates an outside vendors results of a campaign.

What do you dislike?

Thing didn't match up apples to apples so you need to see where the difference is.

Just giving us more in depth details of our campaign that our vendor cannot provide.

"DC for Pubs"

What do you like best?

User Experience, User Interface, easy to learn!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it will be down for no apparent reason, but this hasn't happened in a while.

Keeping track of all of our publishers and campaigns in 1 program is great.

DoubleClick review by Kristin R.
Kristin R.

"Good for most - large learning curve "

What do you like best?

I love that it can be integrated into many different platforms

What do you dislike?

HUGE learning curve - and there is a large monopoly - smaller budgets don't get better treatment

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Measurement is a huge plus that wasn't ever there before

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Once get the hang of it, pretty simple to use. "

What do you like best?

Able to track interactions and put value to media running.

What do you dislike?

Unable to track mobile in-app conversions

Able to find where our audience is and isn't online. Benefits - able to monitor online marketing and associate it with an individual user

DoubleClick review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Effective Publisher"

What do you like best?

Double click's site is easy to follow and preview our dynamic units, etc.

What do you dislike?

The load times are pretty slow. Previewing units can take a while, but not horrible.

The targeting is helping us narrow down for our clients.

DoubleClick review by Monica M.
Monica M.

"Great for tracking and optimizing ads"

What do you like best?

I like that all my ads are housed in one place

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. I have always been happy with DFA

We use Double Click to traffic digital ads to all of our partners. We use it for optimization, reporting, and creative switching.

"DoubleClick"

What do you like best?

Hosts all ads in one place so its easy to view performance on each and make adjustments to campaign where ads are performing the best

What do you dislike?

You need to be very tech savvy to use the platform. It's not as simple as something like Mailchimp which is very easy, no-brainer for anyone to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Technical skill set required, not user friendly

Campaign monitoring and reports are easier to pull together

"DFP"

What do you like best?

I like the interface. It's easy to find campaigns and relatively simple to run reports.

What do you dislike?

The system can be glitchy. Sometimes the system can go down for long periods.

We run local advertisers' banners on our website in order to help them reach their potential.

"Effective But Vague"

What do you like best?

The system is developed like the rest of Google products and follows the same design principles. However, there are little to no resources on how to use the system besides referring to a human.

What do you dislike?

There are few guides or resources on how to use the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to ask for DoubleClick support, their support is great.

We are managing media buying and planning. This task could not be completed without DoubleClick.

"DC for Publishers"

What do you like best?

Ease of use of platform along with training materials.

What do you dislike?

Slow data pulls. Reporting can take a long time to download.

Ad Serving, reporting, data analysis.

"Easy and Trustworthy"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the product. You can easily navigate to the delivery tabs and find out how each publisher is performing without actually reaching out to the publisher which can cause a lag.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the software changes all the time. It would be nice to go in every time and no exactly what I am getting into.

Delivery and Optimization of Ad campaigns

DoubleClick review by Shelley D.
Shelley D.

"Double Click Review"

What do you like best?

easy to use, and allows targeting for our creative.

What do you dislike?

nothing really, the experience and the team were very responsive

Targeting consumers more precisely really helps with ad serving

DoubleClick review by Emma G.
Emma G.

"Intuitive Use, Makes Data Easy"

What do you like best?

Super smooth to use, makes data and tracking easy.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much - it's a great product and I'm happy.

Tracking campaigns.

"DoubleClick for Publishers"

What do you like best?

The ability to maintain a large amount of campaigns in the system.

What do you dislike?

Some of the new features since upgrading this summer are not better than the old system. Things taker longer to update and there are more steps involved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to have an organized work flow to use this product otherwise it can get very confusing with reporting.

DFP helps us serve many ads at one given time on various websites. DFP shows real time stats such as clicks and impressions, which is useful when clients ask for that information on the fly.

DoubleClick review by User in Internet

"The Industry Standard still applies"

What do you like best?

DFP has been the standard for many years now (a decade?) and it keeps living up to the name. Reliability and ease of use makes it the right solution for me.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple pieces of the UI that feel a bit dated, which is to be expected.

Reliable tracking is so vital for our business and when we tell customers that we use DFP, they trust our numbers.

DoubleClick review by User

"A great free service from Google to manage both adsense and your in-house ad sells"

What do you like best?

Once you get your head around the complextities of the platform in can manage everything for you whether you are managing your in-house ad sales or own adverts and selling the remainder to adsense.

What do you dislike?

Be prepared to put some time into working out how it all fits together.

We advertise our own products - sell advertising space and push anything left over into adsense - DFP is the best solution.

DoubleClick review by Tony B.
Tony B.

"DFP For Ad Serving "

What do you like best?

Can scale up to the most demanding needs in terms of amount of ads served.

Closest to industry standard for ad serving.

What do you dislike?

Unexpected outages.

Lack of a clear roadmap for features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The server can handle a great deal of traffic, but support can be slow to respond if needed.

Large Scale Ad serving.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

It is industry standard, so all publishers we work with are familiar

What do you dislike?

The support team is often very confusing

Ad trafficking and tracking

"Pleasant experience"

What do you like best?

Have used this product throughout many phases of my career. Would recommend based on my overall experience and satisfaction. It has been very user friendly and has made teaching this program to other colleagues very stress-free.

What do you dislike?

I have had no negative experiences with the product and service thus far.

Have used this for ad trafficking and publishing of content. It has been successful in self-management of campaigns.

Learning about DoubleClick for Publishers?

* We monitor all DoubleClick for Publishers reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.