DeskTime

DeskTime is a real-time automatic time tracking software that tracks and analyzes your productivity by sorting the different applications that you or our employees use into the categories “productive”, “unproductive” or “neutral”.

Work for DeskTime?

Learning about DeskTime?

DeskTime Reviews

Ask DeskTime a Question
Showing 11 DeskTime reviews
DeskTime review by Travis v.
Travis v.

"More than just tracking"

What do you like best?

The application tracking! THE BEST.

However, I enjoy the most are the month views (directly on the My Desktime). A super interesting calender-like view which wastes no time explaining an overview of your activities.

What do you dislike?

The pricing can be a bit much for anyone simply using the software for personal tracking. For normal remote workers, it's a bit of push and squeezes getting over the 3 USD a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try if you do a lot of remote work. Signing up for a trial is super easy and quick. And after the trial, If you feel that you need DeskTime, then well.. you need it :D

To see how often I waste my time overall, and what are my most active hours.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DeskTime
DeskTime review by Arief W.
Arief W.

"Great tracking app for remote workers with cool reporting tools"

What do you like best?

Ability to split the app and website into "productivity categories", and also able to have different configuration between each team group. The reporting dashboard is cool and a lot of metrics that can be exported too!

What do you dislike?

No ability to clear the completed / old tasks within a project. No ability to quickly switch between tracking time & private time on the tracking app like other competitors. The app usually hung up for a while 20-30s before I can use the app in the morning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should configure the productivity app & website periodically, so you will have the precise reporting.

Remote working report for each project. Calculate the project cost, and easy to share & export the details to our clients & stakeholders.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

DeskTime review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"The only time tracker that works"

What do you like best?

Automated time tracking of sites and apps with configuration of productivity levels for each site/app that the employee is using.

The ranking of employees that helps motivating the team for being more productive.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to write 40 characters of what I dislike when I 100% like the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the only time tracker that you won't need to tell your employees to complete, because it is automated.

- Know if they are working on projects of the company.

- Know how much time they spend in each client, therefore the costs related to each client.

- Know exactly how much time they work each day: we don't have time of arrival or departure in the company, we measure work time.

- Know the apps they are using: for example if they are spending all the day writing emails.

- Internal motivation: the employees that are 1st each month earn a premium.

DeskTime review by Alexander K.
Alexander K.

"Very simple and nice application to rack your activity"

What do you like best?

DeskTime is really simple and seamless activity tracking app. You just do your job and it just work. You may set groups of productive, neutral and unproductive applications and then look at charts showing your productivity. It logs your start and end of work for a day, all the applications used, your out of desk time. Also it have a mobile applications to use it when you work out of office.

What do you dislike?

The main fail is that now you have to work hard to be productive. Just kidding.

I use DeskTime for my personal needs. When i start use it I found that i'm not as productive as i could be. After that i started to use unproductive apps (like entertainment web sites) less and my effectiveness increased greatly!

DeskTime review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"DeskTime helps us improve our individual productivity"

What do you like best?

Time tracking my workday with DeskTime helps me and my colleagues see our individual productivity, and decide what can be done to improve it. We see our most productive times of day, number of quality breaks per day and neutral or unproductive apps that distract us from the main tasks. All this helps a great deal to increase our team's overall efficiency and the number of assignments we manage to finalize.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any complaints about DeskTime so far.

DeskTime helps us register the time spent on each project or assignment. This data can later be used to properly invoice the hours spent on each task or even present reports to our clients.

DeskTime review by Vladimir G.
Vladimir G.

"Very useful for time monitoring"

What do you like best?

Very useful to monitor the time used for different projects.

Very happy with the time spending at work for employees and their efficiency.

What do you dislike?

There could be more functional in material of reports, from to date option and others, see statistics for more than a mouth ...

It much more easy now for me to monitoring the time spending on different projects and monitoring the efficiency of my employees.

DeskTime review by Nicole D.
Nicole D.

"Fully Automatic & Calculates Everything"

What do you like best?

With DeskTime, employees can indicate which applications and URLs are productive, unproductive or neutral for completing their tasks. This gives a clear overview of the time spent during the workday and helps identify any possible online time stealers. I love The optional DeskTime auto screenshot feature as well, this has made my life at work so much easier and less stressfull..

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything about this software that I don't dislike, it helps so much.

Website tracking, Online tracking, auto screenshots, screen capture.

DeskTime review by Dmitry B.
Dmitry B.

"Most convenient time tracker"

What do you like best?

I need to keep in mind nothing to track my working time

What do you dislike?

It haven't integration with 3d-side solutions like taiga or redmine.

I'm tracking my own working time and occasionally time of freelancers.

DeskTime review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Employee tracking"

What do you like best?

This software has enabled us to cut down on "lost" employee time, saving us resources and administrative time.

What do you dislike?

There's very little to dislike. Perhaps some of the reports could have more in depth detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, definitely worth the minimal cost.

Time periods that are nonproductive are identified, making it easier to analyze what we need to do to eliminate these down times.

DeskTime review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Productivity that works"

What do you like best?

Because is customizable we can personalize it to fit our needs. We can create users and assign admin roles fairly simple.

What do you dislike?

Hard to read reporting interface. The individuals and groups and time slots are to confusing.

Productivity check. Making sure that the team is aware of how they use time at the office.

DeskTime review by User

"DeskTime is great"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and manage; nice reporting; reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

Wish that I could auto-export my reports as the only person in my organization.

I am a sole-proprietor small business owner - DeskTime helps me manage my time to make sure that I am being efficient throughout my work week.

Learning about DeskTime?

* We monitor all DeskTime reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.