Draw.io

Learning about Draw.io?

Draw.io Reviews

Ask Draw.io a Question
Showing 140 Draw.io reviews
Draw.io review by Davis C.
Davis C.

"Easiest way to make diagrams"

What do you like best?

This software has many interesting features, first of all it is free, i really like that it can be used completely in the browser without the need to download it, it does not consume many resources of memory, video, processor, etc, run so smooth with high performance, also it has a great catalog of templates of different types of diagrams, such as uml, object, component, activity, use case, and it allows you to create your own diagrams, I also like the great variety of auto-forms that it includes, there are even 3D objects, however What I like most, is that I can save, my work directly in the cloud from the web page, and I can also download them from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that it only allows to work with predefined forms and only whole objects can be erased, reason why the superposition of forms is something tedious, can not connect with visio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for students, professionals, or anyone, since you do not need to know or have advanced knowledge in drawing diagrams, can help organize and develop different models of a fast time, with a very clean appearance, it is free software so there is not reason to don't use it if you are looking for software to make diagrams.

With draw.io I can create diagrams in record time, with very good aspect, besides that it allows me to import the diagrams in several formats, like jpg, pdf, png, svg, etc. I can also create a direct link to the diagram and share it, and by being able to save them directly in the cloud I can access them from any device, at any time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Draw.io
Draw.io review by Rachel W.
Rachel W.

"Amazing for free, could be better."

What do you like best?

This is an amazing educational tool for brand new student designers. It's also great when making graphics for presentations and non-design projects.

It mostly functions to replace Inkscape and Photoshop for the *initial* black and white phase of basic logos and product designs. Great for getting ideas down on the go, and preserving resources on my main rig.

What do you dislike?

It fails at color options and the nuanced later phases of design. I never finish a project on draw.io. This definitely can't be used for professional graphic for-print projects. I'm sure it's fine for many websites, but not *enough* for my own business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This web app is great for your toolkit. I use it for initial ideas, with success. It's also good to use different environments in general. Great for simple designs for simple sites or swag.

Mostly I use it for first ideas, on the go and in higher quantity. I LOVE that it's cloud based.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Draw.io review by Rebeca B.
Rebeca B.

"Diagramas fáciles al alcance de cualquiera"

What do you like best?

Creo que me quedo con la facilidad de uso y la funcionalidad. Me encanta su simplicidad. Escribe draw.io en tu navegador y immediatamente obtendrás un canvas vacío donde empezar a dibujar sin tener que darte de alta. Viene con las formas básicas para los elementos UML, ER y BPMN. La sencillez visual, su facilidad de uso y la cantidad de figuras disponible. Lo mejor es que es bastante fácil de usar para diagramas y flujos de usuarios, y tiene varios métodos para sincronizar archivos en Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

La manipulación de formas podría mejorarse para facilitar la selección y el cambio de estilos. Por otra parte, algunas veces puede ser difícil lconseguir que el diagrama sea presentables, ya que, eS difícil alinear todo correctamente. Otro punto negativo, esta es claramente una herramienta que no entiende nada de lo que estás modelando. Puedes hacer lo que quieras sin ningún tipo de control. Muy peligroso si no tienes ya cierta experiencia. Tampoco permite la colaboración a la hora de dibujar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No tiene tantas formas como podría tener OmniGraffle Pro, pero vale la pena al ser gratis.

- Generar diagramas de flujo

- Modelado de diagramas de relaciones de entidad de base de datos

- Diseño instruccional

Cuando necesites hacer un diagrama "casual" y no dispongas de software o no te guste hacerlo con otras herramientas como el Power Point, Draw.io es una solución rápida y puede ser suficiente. Es fácil de usar, y en unas horas estarás haciendo diagramas de cierta complejidad sin problemas.

Draw.io review by Ramon Enrique B.
Ramon Enrique B.

"It is a very versatile tool to represent diagrams of different models"

What do you like best?

I like it is the amount of symbols and graphics or figures that it has to represent a diagram and it is very easy to manage, it is intuitive, and it has several functionalities to represent Use Cases and UML. It also has customer support that this is very good at the time of having a problem with it can communicate through your email address, has a lot of features that of course makes the software is flexible when designing any graphics or diagrams with their respective symbols.

What do you dislike?

The desktop version is a bit heavy the most current is approximately 49 MB of the rest I recommend the Google Chrome Store is lighter with 19 MB approximately. I do not see another disadvantage so far highlighting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allowed me to insert many defined cliparts such as computers, printers, Routers, Laptops, and other devices for the design of networks. This application is quite intuitive and easy to understand can be installed as an extension of google chrome, for the design of the databases is also very good that is to say for the entity relationship between the databases can be designed with this software is very versatile I like it a lot, this diagram editor is very good.

It has helped me in the design of my use cases and the development of my screens when it comes to programming because I design based on the UML which is unified modeled language.

Draw.io review by Ana P.
Ana P.

"A quick and uncomplicated way to make diagrams available online or offline"

What do you like best?

I love that it is free to use it with g-suite, the quality of the diagrams is excellent, the forms and symbols allow a bit of customization because you can change colors and some effects like gradients, you can use it from your website, as a complement to google docs and also without internet connection downloading it to the device, it is translated into several languages and you can export the diagrams in many formats such as png, jpg, pdf, cvs, xml among others, it also allows importing files from multiple sources such as google drive, onedrive , trello, github, dropbox or the device itself.

What do you dislike?

Even though you have an option to create your own shape, it is difficult to do so if you do not have a basic programming knowledge.

some symbols or forms do not correspond to the most important updates of the diagram or language, for example in the UML diagrams they have symbols that do not conform strictly to the current standard

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you work with confluence server, confluence cloud or jira cloud it is convenient to buy the license for these cases depending on the amount of users is cheap and you can have very useful functionalities for companies. In the case of confluence server you will have a perpetual license and support for one year and you can also pay annually.

It allows me to do many types of diagrams without restrictions, especially the UML diagrams and to use it from g-suite to work collaboratively with my students.

Draw.io review by Richard Y.
Richard Y.

"Free diagramming tool with strong collaboration."

What do you like best?

The best part of Draw.io is the collaboration features. It is offers saving files directly to services such as Google Drive or Dropbox along with saving to to computer. It's really cool that I can instantly save my works to my Google drive and open them later from anywhere to modify or to demonstrate it in a very clean and professional look.

What do you dislike?

Compared to the similar products that offer a wider selection of templates, Draw.io's selection of templates and shapes need to be improved. Importing from other file type often results in failure due to unknown reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Draw.io may not be the best diagramming tool but it is one of the best tools offering a free level of high-quality service. Draw.io is a great option if you only need this kind of software every so often. This tool will help you create diagrams with a lot more ease than if you were using other similar software.

Draw.io is a great diagramming app for those who occasionally need to make diagrams. It allows me to use a free diagramming service with strong collaboration features via Google without any additional costs.

Draw.io review by Maria R.
Maria R.

"I think that Draw.io is the best diagramming tool ypu will ever find"

What do you like best?

After using many diagrim tools, I decided that my favorite would be Draw.io. And why is that? Firstly, because it is simple and easy to use: I like the way I can select from many pre-made diagrams and flowcharts so that I get suggestion of the best forms to use on my own chart. Secondly, I even like more that I am able to personalize the color and position of anything I place on my chart, from sizes and styles to colors!! Lastly, Draw.io is better than any other diagraming tool because it also allows me to place characters (actors) on my charts; I have not seen anyone else offering this feature.

What do you dislike?

This is a tricky question, but I will answer it right now. One of the cons I found when I started using Draw.io is that it might take quite a bit of time for the page to load properly; also, it's sometimes a bit hard to type up text inside the forms you choose because the default stting for text and fonts is big (something like a heading font size). But I firmly thing that these are minor details because I can easily change them, and that is the reason I am giving this software a grade of A+.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Draw.io has all the tools you needregarding making wonderful diagrams and flowcharts.

Everybody in this world need to make chrts, flowcharts and so on, especially those like me, who run a business on their own. Due to this situation, Draw.io gives me all the tools to make easy and colorful flowcharts, and to start making any type of diagrams so that I can keep my business in order and running smoothly.

Draw.io review by Marcelo d.
Marcelo d.

"A Great Flowchart and Diagram App"

What do you like best?

Works with many online services like Dropbox, Google Drive, Onedrive, etc.

Great selection of templates

Easy to start

Very flexible and capable of solving most cases

What do you dislike?

For some more advanced formatting, a knowledge of CSS is required

Sometimes there are glitches with authorization of online services

The interface can get a bit confusing sometimes. Part of this is due to the many functions the app present, but it still could be upgraded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many flowchart and diagram apps are crowded with functions that are not necessary for most users. I suggest you evaluating Draw.io for solving daily tasks in a quick, easy way.

Draw.io allows us to design quick diagrams and flowcharts and share them instantly. It is lightweight and far more usable than more expensive solutions. At my organization, we use it for idea mapping, creating website navigation maps, game flows, wireframe for hot sites and many other tasks where there is a necessity of a tool that is quick to use and easy to share. It is also an excellent support tool for groups of students who must work together as teams.

Draw.io review by Danny J.
Danny J.

"Powerful but limited"

What do you like best?

Contains many options for making layouts and drawings from a slew of existing images, as well as letting you add your own images easily.

What do you dislike?

Workflow can be difficult at times, including using layers. Text editing can sometimes be problematic and not appear as intended. The biggest problem is reaching the maximum number of objects in a file, causing it to be unusable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick and easy to use, so if you try it out and it does what you want, then it's worthwhile to continue usage. If you find it restricting and too limited, then it may be better to look elsewhere.

Provided a more thorough way to make basic wireframes and mockups compared to other drawing tools. Allowed us to import into documents and edit each other's files without needing to install a program.

Draw.io review by Dylan B.
Dylan B.

"Easy Diagrams"

What do you like best?

The feature I like the most is that you can choose premade digrams and edit it with your preferences. Another feature I like a lito is the integration with the cloud services because you can save it to Drive , Dropbox... I mainly use it the desktop app but the web app is very helpful when you are using a different computer. It is very easy to use and very intuitive. It is for begginers and for more advanced users because it has a lot of features and they are easy to understand

What do you dislike?

I like almost everything about this awesome app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a free app very useful to create workflow diagrams or infographic documents

I use it to make ER diagrams for the databases.

Draw.io review by Santiago M.
Santiago M.

"Network topology made easy"

What do you like best?

The possibility of drafting up network topology diagrams makes draw.io one of my daily used tools. Great advantages over Visio, that overlaps features and doesn´t offer a "light" or "cloud" version. Easy to export and to share diagrams. It counts with a great DB of icons and can allways import.

What do you dislike?

SVG and PNG exports don´t necessarilly work as they should. Page setup features are somewhat poor. Should be able to share quickly form the same platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out, it may allow you to opt for simpler tools from now on even if used to big names such as Microsoft or Adobe.

I no longer need a Visio licence. Drafting up projects is easy and quick, and can even bring my laptop to a meeting and build potential scenarios toghether with my prospects.

Draw.io review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Draw.io is super quick and easy for diagraming"

What do you like best?

Tons of shapes already there for you, you can group items, drag them around, change arrows quickly when making connections, overall great software. I also love the fact that you can save your data to dropbox and other platforms very easily and it uses common shortcut keys so you can save, copy, cut, paste, etc. quickly. Also, the export options are excellent, PDF, JPEG, SVG, XML, HTML are all extremely useful, we will take the PDF and send it to the client, or use the HTML/SVG version to post a graphic on the website, it is vector so it's scalable and lossless which means you don't need to measure and resize a bunch of times.

What do you dislike?

When your editing your diagrams sometimes the system can get a little glitchy, the drag points will be off or you can’t quite make a perfect square if you accidentally move a corner, it would be nice if it was similar to illustrator where you can’t modify an object shape unless you use a specific tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple and easy to use diagramming software this is the one, there is no risk because it is free, they have tons of symbols, and the interface is very intuitive, kind of like a illustrator feel

We diagram all of our software workflows so that the team can all understand the big picture.

Draw.io review by Kai G.
Kai G.

"Draw on one, two, Free.... This thing's a pistol with a punch."

What do you like best?

the tools are uniquely put together in the kits to get things done ~fast~. it's surprisingly lightweight and runs in the browser on pretty much anything, as well as the client-dedicated applications. it's easy to get fast once you learn the tools. they are very familiar to visio users, but with a near caricature feel, that comes together to make a highly effective tool for rapid charting and diagramming of many more types than the templates let on.

What do you dislike?

Being internet based, it's not going to work for you offline That's the cost of their feature list. the integrations with file storage and teamwork services essentially mean that there's no demographic for offline users, as any profit they make comes from hooking up the extra services (which are absolutely good to have but are by no means stifling). you should make sure you save your project immediately upon opening before even drawing because there is No. zero recovery feature for work that crashes before being saved. There is the "autosave" function, however, which will go to work after your first save, but even with it turned on, you must save your project somewhere, like your google drive, for instance, so you don't lose hours of crafting your masterpiece.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for your quick sketches and make it your secondary. it doesn't readily export quality universal formats yet, so, you're stuck finishing what you started in Draw by using Draw. not like a visio file which is easier to work with different pieces of software on and export in many ways. for any drawings that you're not going to need to archive and keep as high qualkity masters 3-5 years from now, draw is great.. but for any project that you'll need a template or transferrable upgradeability and longevity, stick with the establishment.. Draw.io is for prototyping fast and effective good looking visuals that you'll only need to use a couple times, then delete.

i find it's a fantastic solution for many aspects of web development. from the physical hardware layout to the software mesh, the development stack and how the data will flow, you can go end to end very quickly, get your drawings done either to share or work on them together with your team. it will more than get the job done for any average diagram or chart. It won't really do UX design, though it wants to, and it doesn't have advanced features like an animation of flow along the connectors, but as far as a free tool goes, amongst any software category, this stacks up as one of the great all-time free pieces of software. not quite a cannon to blow away the biggest of projects, but not exactly a pointy stick trying to defeat the giant either.. it's like the noisy cricket gun from men in black.... small, cartoony feeling, but iit has quite the kick.

Draw.io review by User

"Good software for drawing basic engineering flow diagarams"

What do you like best?

I like that this software is free to use and is simple to use without any training. I used this in engineering school for block flow diagrams and process flow diagrams. Now I use it for basic sketches at work since it is simple to use. I also like how you can search different shapes without having to go look for them in the large list.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge fan of the user interface of this software. It looks a bit outdated versus other types of drawing softwares I have used before. Other than that, I do not have many complaints, especially since the software is free to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like the interface to get spruced up a little bit to increase user perception of the product. I also would like them to provide pre-determined templates that you can then make small alterations to without having to create things from scratch.

This software is nice to be able put together drawings quickly without opening a larger software, but it is much more complex than simple paint. This is nice for quick jobs. I have found many of my coworkers wanting to learn which software I used for the quick drawings.

Draw.io review by Rahul B.
Rahul B.

"Versatile Graphic Drawing tool available anywhere"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the tool is the best. It allows you to create a drawing/diagram/chart no matter whatever field you are working on. It has integrations with One drive, Google drive and other cloud storage which is great! Additionally the tool support as an add-on for google drive, google docs and even online! No questions asked, no email signup required, just seamless draw and export!

What do you dislike?

Although the tool provides editing the shapes though HTML style editor, editing is difficult by changing the HTML components. It would be great it the elementary shapes are allowed to be edited in the similar fashion as the drawings and let users to reuse it again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its free, easy, fast and robust tool, great for reporting requirements.

Drawing Logic, System and Block diagrams in the reports are easy when compared to many of the inbuilt drawing tools in the office applications. It allows exporting the final drawing in any of the flexible format (png, jpeg, xml etc.), which makes it easy to use. Other benefit of draw.io is whenever you need to continue your design, you can save it as xml and import the xml back to exact save point of the design.

Draw.io review by Pankaj B.
Pankaj B.

"draw.io: The best online tool for Drawing"

What do you like best?

The good things are 1. This is online and you can edit your figures from any environment(Linux, Mac, Windows) 2. You can export the image with high quality and can share it with others for editing 3. This is the best replacement of Microsoft Visio. 4. More importantly, it is free.

What do you dislike?

Some disliking points are 1. When you save the file, in the repository you can not see the figure. If you have multiple files and can't remember the name than it is hard to find the desired file. 2. It makes high memory usages and sometimes Google Chrome crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the best online tools for professional and quality drawing. I used Visio earlier but when Google launch Draw.io, I along with my colleagues moved to this tool. You can create a clear and colorful drawing for the powerpoint presentation.

This tool is my first choice for drawing figures. When I write papers the tool gives me quality images and after zooming it, the image does not degrade.

Draw.io review by Ilia T.
Ilia T.

"Ideal site for diagrams / flowcharts of different types"

What do you like best?

A lot of opportunities

Integration with Google Drive

A wide choice in the construction of sketches

Autosave!

Completely and absolutely free.

Full functionality is available, there is even more than necessary.

This is quite a convenient navigation.

Saves the schema in XML.

Supports layers.

While working on one project, all the tool sets are available.

What do you dislike?

With multi-layer files it may not be easy to work

Manual alignment

A little confusing interface

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to design complex projects, then it is better to not find the program. It can structure thoughts even at the stage of thinking over the project and help in fixing ideas on paper. Site map, routes, sales funnel, project structure .. you can display any structure. Cool stuff.

I use to build workflow diagrams with further import into HTML page and sending to the customer

Draw.io review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"When you work in communications and design and need a miracle "

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to design graphs that come already arranged and are easy to customize to your needs. Not having t make the graphs from scratch saves so much time and unlike many softwares that force you to pay for low quality charts you could've made yourself, Draw.io actually lives up to its promises. Literally hundreds of graphs to choose from and icons to fill them in with. If you want to impress your boss with a presentation or proposal, use this.

What do you dislike?

From my experience, it saves as an entire document so when trying to insert it into a word doc or a presentation, I have alway had to take screenshots of it and then insert the photo (ruining the quality). I have yet to find a way around this but if your just trying to create a chart/graph as a stand-alone item, then there should be no issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth it. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I have used draw.io in:

1. business plans

2. program proposals

3. brochures

4. presentations

Draw.io review by User

"Great Diagramming Software for Professionals"

What do you like best?

This is an amazing diagramming software. I think what I like most is that fact that it is web based and so user friendly. You do not need any training at all to create visually stunning diagrams for any sort of work purposes or processes.

What do you dislike?

I think what I dislike is that that user interface can be a bit cluttered at times. This means that there are a ton of great features but I would like a way to clean up the front end interface a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Draw.io if you are familiar with Google Docs. The interface is very similar and it integrates well with your existing account.

I have been able to properly document various processes that are better communicated in a visual way. This helps clients understand the flow of a project versus just writing a paragraph.

Draw.io review by Inma L.
Inma L.

"Herramienta muy versátil para representar diagramas de diferentes modelos"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de Draw.io es que no necesita instalación, puede ser usado desde tu propio sitio web así como que se puede instalar una pequeña extensión en nuestro navegador para usar la herramienta de una forma mucho más cómoda.

La herramienta soporta diferentes tipos de diagramas, los más comunes son los diagramas de clase pero también hay otros como los diagramas de entidad-relación , además la herramienta también soporta diagramas orientadas a aplicaciones móviles.

What do you dislike?

Una de las aspectos que no me gustan de esta herramienta es que no ofrece la posibilidad de traducirla a otros idiomas, no obstante mi nivel de inglés es aceptable y la terminología usada es básica .

Otro aspecto negativo a destacar es que si creas diagramas algo más complejos el sistema puede llegar a ralentizarse e incluso puede llegar a colgarse como por ejemplo con el navegador "Google Chrome"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomiendo a todo el mundo que desee crear diagramas ocasionales de forma rápida ya que es una herramienta gratuita y por tanto no supone ningún coste económico su evaluación.

Al ser una herramienta gratuita siempre tienes la posibilidad de probarlo para poder así evaluarlo y comprobar si cumple o no los requisitos mínimos que necesitas para tu caso en concreto.

Draw.io review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Quick and easy"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Draw.io is that all you need to do is make your first box/shape and then simply just tap on the arrow and it will automatically just add a new box/shape for you.

What do you dislike?

Even though it's also a Google plugin, it's a little easily shareable, but not so much. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it actually changes in real time with the people you share with. Another problem with sharing is that when you make a file through the Draw.io app, it makes a separate document and doesn't automatically go through Google suite, which is unfortunate since the entire software is through Google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is free and very easy to use. Make sure to figure out the full sharing capabilities as you may not realize that although you work on the desktop version and it still looks like a Google plugin version, it won't get shared and updated to everyone!

With Draw.io, I am able to create site and system maps as one of the first steps of the UX design process. Benefits would be that I am able to easily create maps and somewhat easily share with others.

Draw.io review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"The best diagramming software out there!"

What do you like best?

I love Draw.io and recommend it to everyone I know. Here's what I like about it:

- Free

- Saves as XML so it can be checked into git

- Ability to save to Google Drive, locally, etc.

- Since it's a free webapp, anyone with the file can view or edit your diagrams! No software install or license required!

- It keeps getting more and more features

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Draw.io.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Draw.io a shot! It's amazing!

With Draw.io, I can send diagrams to anyone to view or edit regardless of their OS, what software they have installed, or what licenses they have purchased.

Draw.io review by Aitor G.
Aitor G.

"msiJ4vier2017"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Draw.io is that it doesn't need installation, it can be used from your own website (which its name indicates so as not to forget it) as well as we can install a small extension in our browser to use the tool in a much more comfortable way.

The tool supports many types of diagrams. Among the most common are the class diagram.

Another of the diagrams that stand out are the Entity-Relationship diagrams and in addition the tool also supports diagrams oriented to mobile applications.

What do you dislike?

What I like least about Draw.io is that it is not translated into other languages, but as it is a free tool you can't ask for more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Draw.io to anyone who needs to make any kind of diagram, it is as easy as dragging and dropping, in a matter of minutes you will do a simple job with a professional look.

Many times we need to use some professional tool when building UML diagrams, Entity Relationship etc. There have always been many options but almost all of them are payment options. Now, little by little, tools are beginning to appear in the cloud that offer quite a few free features, one of the most outstanding of which is Draw.io.

Draw.io review by Abhishek T.
Abhishek T.

"Not as good as ERD Plus"

What do you like best?

Being drawing ERD as the primary purpose, the software is a handy tool for a quick start with your analysis. Offered online as well as a standalone application, signing up to use it is not necessary. The application supports all required tools for professional templates from flowcharts to ERD diagrams. The tool allows exporting in jpg, png, vector file, pdf and interestingly as XML and HTML. One can also export with custom dimensions as required with an option to set the background as transparent.

What do you dislike?

The software still feels in the initial phase and sometimes pops with random error messages. The addition of relationships in your diagram can get tricky as the shapes can mess with its size and alignment. There is no option to highlight the primary key in the traditional way of an underline. Making the connections with the attributes can seem to be a herculean task for some people. It's just not there yet. The tool can end up being a frustration if things do not go well with the goal of the design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would prefer ERD Plus over draw.io if designing ERD is the sole purpose else, the tool does the job well to some extent. Be ready to spend more time in aligning the entity shapes and sizes and also making the connections with the attributes.

Draw.io allows creating flowcharts and ERD which very few drawing tools provide. ERD bring the primary purpose for the use of the product, the creation of flowcharts is also amongst the purpose for its use.

Draw.io review by Cy M.
Cy M.

"AMAZING diagramming application"

What do you like best?

Very well-designed, and super easy to draft up diagrams for any number of purposes. Also, the platform allows you to save your work to a variety of online cloud services, which is excellent since other vendors only allow one. I also like that the platform seems to be have been optimized for widescreen monitor use.

What do you dislike?

It's a little difficult to configure things on the platform. For instance, there is no personalization of tools or editing of what's available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product! It's a little difficult to get the hang of at first, but draw.io is a real game changer.

It's been very easy to draft up designs and share them for collaboration. A web-based app is also super affordable and easy to collaborate and design without having super expensive equipment.

Draw.io review by Khadiga R.
Khadiga R.

"Powerful Online Diagram Tool"

What do you like best?

I like Draw.io because it is easy to learn and it has many powerful features that will help you get your diagram done in a perfect way.

I also like the way it is flexible and full of many shapes that you can use to deliver what is in your mind and put it down in one diagram.

What I like the most is that it is compatible with online services such as google drive, so you can save your diagram where ever you like and get back to it whenever you like.

What do you dislike?

Overall it is a good tool, but sometimes I find some issues dealing with the arrows and the text inside the shapes.

Some work on this and it will be perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Draw.io to all those who are looking for a diagram tool, this tool will help you with your diagram, plans, charts, ... etc.

We use it to draw flowcharts to understand how the systems work.

This helps organising the work and it clear for all.

Draw.io review by INGRITH M.
INGRITH M.

"Very didactic interface!"

What do you like best?

This program has simplified the work of creating flowcharts, as well as other types of diagram that I have needed to design.

What do you dislike?

It has a small number of templates, among which I did not find one adapted to my requirements, so I think that they should expand the bank of templates to support the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has been very useful since it greatly facilitates the creation of diagrams.

It provides the forms and connections to make a great variety oficina diagrams.

I recommend it since it is easy, free and you can use it both online and offline.

Draw.io review by Alexandra M.
Alexandra M.

"Excellent, Free, and Easy to Use Software"

What do you like best?

The best things about Draw.io is that it is a free diagramming device via Google. Google makes Draw.io easy to use and collaborate with.

What do you dislike?

While the software is free, the collection of templates are basic and there are better diagramming softwares for designers out there. But if you're in need of a basic, free software Draw.io is a decent one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely try this product. It's easy and free to use and great for experimenting.

I haven't had any issues with Draw.io except that some of the templates are too basic. When I started using diagram software, Draw.io was one of the first ones that I used and helped me understand other diagramming softwares more as a beginner. I would definitely recommend this software for someone who would like to learn how to create diagrams and make simple projects.

Draw.io review by Milissa C.
Milissa C.

"LOVE it!"

What do you like best?

It is so user friendly, and easy to figure out. I switched from Lucid and although it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, I can easily upload to Google or dropbox, which makes it super easy for sharing. The deliverable options are great too.

What do you dislike?

Not as many options as Lucid, but for the down and dirty quick things you need to do, this is still great. There isn't a lot that I don't like about this. It is free so if you are going to compare, you should compare apples to apples.

Creating learning spaces, designing courses. I create diagrams of course outlines to show my customers when am creating their courses for them.

Draw.io review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good free option for diagrams and flows"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of shapes and tools available. The interface is relatively smooth to respond to the mouse, and it doesn't lag was much as some other programs, like Gliffy.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything about this software that stands out; if you want something to draw simple / mid-level diagrams or flows, and quickly, then it does the job. But for more involved flows, I'm not sure if it has all the features required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using draw.io will take some time to get used to how it works, and the different symbols and diagrams available. Starting with one of its templates was an easy way to get familiar with it. Also, take a look at the templates to see if it works with diagrams that you'll be using.

We need a way to draw diagrams of the software and content that we create, and Draw.io was easy to learn and quick to use.

Draw.io review by Raphael H.
Raphael H.

"Draw.io - A handy tool"

What do you like best?

You can save directly to Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive, you don't need to invest too much time to understand how it works, has a good selection of templates, with few clicks you can start creating diagrams, and it's free.

What do you dislike?

The GUI can glitch sometimes and it can be difficult to navigate. For now, these are the things I didn't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you not sure if this program has all the tools necessary for you, I recommend giving a try. Since it's free, you have nothing to lose, and even a simple tool like Draw.io can be powerful in the right hands.

I use Draw.io to create algorithm flowcharts.

Draw.io review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Draw.io is an excellent free tool!"

What do you like best?

Draw.io is a powerful tool that is free for anyone to use. Most importantly it integrates into google drive! This is a phenomenal feature that makes it easier to share flowcharts, designs, concept maps, etc. with project collaborators and team members. The software definitely has its limitations but it's difficult to criticize the app since it's free to use.

What do you dislike?

While the tool is powerful, it's not very user friendly and it's difficult to locate all the features. I think this slows down the speed at which the user can make designs and can be aggravating at times. I've been able to get faster without practice, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Draw.io is similar to other online chart designing tools (like LucidChart) but it's free and it is already built to be integrated into google drive. One of the other great features of Draw.io is the numerous different templates they already have. They have several templates for things like flowcharts, engineering layouts, and concept maps. This makes it a lot easier to design your own charts when you first start using this product. You should definitely try it out since it's free to use!

Designing concept maps and flowcharts for clinical research projects and patient cases. I use this to create informational graphics for my team members. These flow charts and concept maps prove useful when our team reflects back on the project and the decisions made throughout the project.

Draw.io review by Ben M.
Ben M.

"Draw.io - A simple way to flowchart your ideas in the cloud"

What do you like best?

I like how simple Draw.io is to use. I'm not a particularly tech-savvy person so it's nice to use a cloud-based piece of software that is easy to use. Before switching to Draw.io, I used to have to manually make my flowcharts in Paintbrush (Mac's version of Paint). Now I save lots of time, energy, and frustration by creating neat and clean (organized) flowcharts quickly. It's also really cool that it automatically syncs up and saves to Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I wish that draw.io did was have the size of their boxes automatically readjust while keeping everything straight in line. If you adjust the size of one box it can force you to re-do the lines that connect all the boxes of your flowchart. This isn't a huge deal, but it's more visually pleasing when the flowcharts are connected by straight lines. Also, draw.io saves to Google drive but you can't open the preview on mobile because the file type isn't supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no reason for you not to try Draw.io. It's free and does exactly what it says it does. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you make something in draw.io and don't save it as a PDF, you can't access the flowchart on mobile.

Draw.io makes it easy to plan out the key actions I need to take in my business, and in what order I need to take them. It also really helps me to design funnels and campaigns that look really good (visually pleasing) and make my clients feel really confident.

Draw.io review by User

"Creating flowcharts with Draw.io"

What do you like best?

-It is free and easy to use, Draw.io give you many alternatives to create flowcharts and you can create them from your own design. Platform with different languages. Able to make connections with Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive or your device to save automatic your design. The edit the flowcharts with many options and with an easy interface to create the graphics that you need. After you choose the chart you want or need then appears a new interface and then you can start editing what do you need. Draw.io gives you extra icons/images to change or add to your actual design. You can change the text, the colors, the background, the position of the text, the opactity, the text spacing, the sizes of the charts, angles, positions, you can save your charts or if oyu already have a created chart can open it and continue working with it.

Draw.io can be use in full screen for more comfort. Can add more pages to the chartflow with a simple click in the + symbol. Waypoints/connections between the icons in case you need it.

What do you dislike?

-How Draw.io fail to connect over and over with your OneDrive account.

-The chart designs are not precisely the most prettier.

- Is better just save in the device than use an account.

-Sometimes can be difficult to click and change specific icons on the design without manipulation of the background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more quickly and easy way and even fun to create flowcharts for your work or study. The diagrams are save as .xml document.

Creating easy and quickly flowcharts for work and co-workers in the Institution.

Draw.io review by Annissa C.
Annissa C.

"Useful tool for drawing flowcharts in Google Doc"

What do you like best?

Very easy and intuitive to use once incorporated into Google docs. When you move a certain box around, the arrow also moves, making it very easy and painless to edit and change as you map out your thoughts and organize it visually with draw.io.

What do you dislike?

It's basically like a canvas board. It's sometimes annoying to not see a page outlet, so I could have tried to have the chart fit within letter size for printing and/or sharing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better incorporate with Google docs and other cloud-based processing software if this is the direction you are going (i.e. an add-on feature to an existing platform). I think it has potentials to become a software of it's own but the features would have to be expanded further. That might be more beneficial to users, like a less technical version of Adobe Illustrator and/or InDesign where people can easy navigate without a steep learning curve.

Regardless of which direction Draw.io wants to head to, page setup/layout functionality was a major issue I had. The first step should be making that option available and/or more accessible.

I had to draw a flowchart following a meeting redefining our business strategy, envisioning the client experience and how each unit fits into the equation so we know how to support our clients and create a smoother experience for them.

Draw.io review by farhan k.
farhan k.

"Quick and easy to go online diagram tool"

What do you like best?

At some point we all need to graphically depict our works via flowcharts or diagrams.

Specially if you are working on database architecture, ER diagrams are must. Here this fantastic and easy to use online tool come to our use. You just need to have the right diagram in mind and just start playing with the drag and drop functionality. Resize it color it according to your needs.

What do you dislike?

Though it is good but sometimes arranging items and resizing becomes pretty annoying especially when you have to maintain the size identical to other item.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for some easy to start tool to create diagrams and ER diagrams then draw.io is a good try.

You will have multiple options as to where to save the diagram such as dropbox, google drive which will keep the diagram in sink with the other devices as well. Overall it is worth trying.

We use it frequently to make ER diagrams for the database architecture and to create flowcharts to depict the flow of some complex process during some presentations to clients or other team members.

Draw.io review by António P.
António P.

"The Best Free Diagram App"

What do you like best?

Free and Open-Source (Powered by MXGraph https://github.com/jgraph/mxgraph).

It's a complete solution filled with icon sets (you will find anything for your project) and allows you to upload your own images shall you need further customization (probably you will only need to upload your logo).

Very easy to use and to share the projects, PDF export works wonderfully (specially for a web-app).

The Google Drive integration is perfect (also syncs with DropBox, One Drive and other services).

What do you dislike?

The outdated interface could use a face-lift, but it's mostly cosmetic as it's very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of the templates and icon Sets. They really help starting up a project.

Wanted a Visio alternative to work online and tried a lot of apps, none came near Draw.io (even some commercial ones) - specially considering I am a heavy Google Drive user.

Draw.io review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"Easiest way to create mock-ups if you're not a developer "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create iPhone mock ups - you can take a screenshot from your phone, put it in an iphone frame, and use their pre-configured buttons to make it look exactly like you want it to.

What do you dislike?

I don't really use it the way its designed to be used, but for what I do I really like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, check it out

I use a development team in India and the language barrier in combination with their design flows cause a disconnect from what I'm describing vs. what I get - this app makes it very easy for me to give them a mock up of what I want it to look like so they can build it right the first time

Draw.io review by User in Computer Software

"Get started with diagramming with Draw.io"

What do you like best?

Draw.io's greatest strength lies in it's accessibility. I love that it's linked to Google Drive for easy sharing. But I also like the diagramming capabilities as well. It works similarly to Lucid chart and other mind mapping software, so if you are familiar with those, it's easy to pick up. I recommend using Draw.io if you need a basic diagramming and sharing capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There are several buggy situations - if I stack shapes close together with text, it makes it hard to select certain elements in my process. For this, Lucid was the more attractive option. Overall, the software just feels 'clunky'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Draw.io if you need basic diagramming needs. I had a hard time building complex diagrams, but it worked incredibly well for small processes.

I build several learning maps with Draw.io - as a content developer I love using it brainstorm. For my company, using the most scrappy tool is best. Draw.io got me started with basic diagrams.

Draw.io review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Excellent for Google Documents"

What do you like best?

Integration with Google Docs and ease of use for documenting process flows

What do you dislike?

The application seems to retain some memory which can be annoying when starting from scratch. If I selected a colour for a particular line then that colour will be retained for another diagram even when starting a new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unlike the old-fashion colours and drawings used in word this features customizable blocks, diagrams and visuals that make your documentation clearer. Not as customizable as something like photoshop/illustrator - but allows for much faster development of diagrams.

Documentation of processes and architectures

Draw.io review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Very easy to use flow-charting and diagramming software. "

What do you like best?

Excellent integration with G Suite and G Drive. It allows us to centralize our software and architecture flows and share them among our matrix'd team.The ease of collaboration and price point make it a no-brainer alternative to MS Viseo.

What do you dislike?

The web UI can seem a touch limiting at times, but there is usually a way to accomplish what you need with a bit of searching if it is not readily apparent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free to use so give it a try. Select someone from your organization that currently uses another tool and have them create a duplicate file using both for a comparison. It will become readily apparent that Draw.io is very powerful and easy for anyone that has prior experience with similar tools to pick up and run with.

Creating and sharing software and business process flow-charts. We have a matrix'd team of business analysts and developers spread out over a wide geographic area. Having a could based solution has made it easy for us to collaborate without having to resort to emailing files and manually tracking versions between stakeholders. Our project managers also like the ability to easily polish our internal versions for customer facing communications.

Draw.io review by Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.

"Draw.io helps me map my brain in the most efficient ways!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can let my brain go crazy, and empty it out using Draw.io.

I've got so much on my brain at any point, and I've been able to use Draw.io in order to mindmap business plans. Sometimes my business partners and I have a hard time communicating features, so we open up Draw.io and input our ideas in a visual format that everyone can understand!

What do you dislike?

I feel like the system for opening files (through google drive specifically) could be improved. I don't really have any problems with the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes! Try it! It's absolutely freaking fantastic!

If you want to explode your brain all over the page, especially if you need help mind mapping. I use it for mind mapping, site maps, and I even use it to find out my artist family tree (from the book "Steal Like An Artist".)

The biggest problem I'm solving is sharing my brain with others - especially complex ideas with multiple levels.

One benefit was in designing the sitemap for a friend, we had a hard time communicating our ideas in words. Once we started using Draw.io, we were able to clearly communicate our ideas to each other.

For my photography business, I was able to create a value delivery system from start to finish using Draw.io - I love that I can make the workspace as large as I need, just by stretching items out. And I was able to continually add things I forgot to my value delivery system, so I can see everything I need to do at a glance.

Draw.io review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"One of the easiest tools I have ever used. "

What do you like best?

The ease of Draw is so simple yet powerful. It allows you to draw process maps quickly without much hassle. The look and feel of the program even is very professional without having a difficult time altering things around like in MS Word. Users of any skill level can easily pick up the platform and understand how to use it within a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

Draw is good for what it's main purpose is and that's all that you can really ask of a program. If you're looking for something other than drawing processes or timelines and need something more complex, then I would not recommend using this program.

I wanted a program that was easy to use when it came to drawing different business processes for clients. Photoshop and Indesign and Word took too long. Draw does the job better than these programs in this specific realm.

Draw.io review by Jeanna B.
Jeanna B.

"Easy mapping tool"

What do you like best?

Integration with Google Drive makes it easy to share files across the team as well as request edits or comments on certain processes. I really like the way we can create all different types of charts within the same tool (instead of having multiple tools for multiple types of charts).

What do you dislike?

Front-end a bit laggy; I find myself not easily being able to adjust using the tools given

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's certainly not the most beautiful interface, but it truly gets the job done!

Workflow and other flowcharts within the office to share internally when the team needs to understand how projects are completed and who solves which problems. Since these can be stored/edited on Google drive, we can easily access them from any of our accounts.

Draw.io review by User

"Draw.io is a good way to make quick diagrams and flow charts easily"

What do you like best?

draw.io has a great multitude of different drawing styles for different purposes in different fields - whether you want to build work-flow, a UML or even circuit diagrams. This program acts as an all encompassing design tool that meets most needs in the work place.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes during the authorising phase the authorising animation keeps running even when you return to the previous screen. I found it hard to find specific components in the vast number of engineering folders - although these components were there, searching for them slowed me down slightly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

draw.io is an all-encompassing monolith of drawing design tools.

In the field of electronics, draw.io allows for both the creation of UML diagrams in software design and schematic diagrams when doing a hardware design presentation.

Draw.io review by Edo M.
Edo M.

"Simple and good online solution for mind maping"

What do you like best?

As it's online solution, is available everywhere on any platform whenever You need it. User interface is simple to understand in few minutes. Available options are always visible. Interesting feature is use of plugins, this option is not so common. There are plenty of design options regarding objects. Also multiple choices for saving documents (cloud/s, local device,...) is a nice touch.

What do you dislike?

Many options are not fully operational, to say so, as is missing something to be complete. Image loading, importing and anything file or hyperlink related is based on copy / paste.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect online solution for flow charts, tables, mind maps and similar drawings. Perfect for students and SOHO environments.

Simple and easy to use, available everywhere, universal file format, price is excellent. Perfect for flow charts and simple info graphic.

Draw.io review by Mike K.
Mike K.

"Great for flow charts, and it's free!"

What do you like best?

It does a comparable job to tools like Microsoft Visio, but it runs directly in the browser, exports very well to the GSuite, and is free.

What do you dislike?

Some of the bulk operations could be better. Allow multi-selecting items and applying style changes, resize all, send all front/back, etc...

I use it exclusively for data model diagrams, process flow diagrams and system architecture diagrams. Since it integrates with GSuite I can share diagrams with co-workers and embed them in document s and slide decks with no trouble.

Draw.io review by Kentleigh E.
Kentleigh E.

"Quick and easy flow-graph and diagram tool"

What do you like best?

The cloud support for draw.io has to be one of it's best features, if not that, the ability to run the Chrome app locally is the next best.

There are times where I found myself working in the field, with no access to the internet, and I had to draw up diagrams, draw.io made it possible for me to quickly put together a good looking diagram that helped me to plan out my work.

The best thing is probably that it is free to use; no cost at all, unlike most high quality diagram applications available.

What do you dislike?

I'd say the drawbacks of Draw.io rest in some of the interface drawbacks; it is difficult to consistently get a specific style, as the object stroke and fill styling often only remembers the last object, and it's difficult.

If I want to make a change to the colouring halfway through creating a diagram, I often have to go through quite a tedious task and redo much of the diagram.

I also find that it is quite lacking for any wireframe design purposes; the grid snapping is unhelpful in that respect, and the icon libraries do not give you much to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Draw.io is great if you're looking for a tool that's easy to use across multiple platforms and devices.

One of the best things about it is that there is no price gate, you can use draw.io without any cost, for that reason, there is no reason to give it a try.

I have used Draw.io in many different aspects.

The first was for planning a massive PHP and MySQL system that required creating data associations tables, site map structures, and flow block diagrams; Draw.io made this possible.

The second usage was with lighting design and programming; while managing the lighting at a music festival, I needed to program a MIDI controllers to manage the lighting, and I needed to ensure there was no confusion with my lighting team for using the controllers; so I used Draw.io to mock up a quick diagram of the controllers and indicated what each button controlled.

In both uses, Draw.io made the tasks significantly easier to understand and manage.

Draw.io review by Georgia T.
Georgia T.

"Easy to use and helpful for all diagrams."

What do you like best?

Draw.io is a great tool, it's super easy to use the web app and make great flow charts and diagrams.It's also free and it saves to Google Drive so you don't have to worry about having another account.

What do you dislike?

The export feature could be made easier also u have to have internet to use this to tool, which means you cant use it if there is no internet which is a big inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spectacular diagramming tool yes i would recommend it.

It allows me to create diagrams easily and without having to install any software since it is a web tool.

Draw.io review by Leisy V.
Leisy V.

"Online diagrams made easy"

What do you like best?

Draw.io makes it very easy and accessible to create a large variety of business diagrams online with ease. It is a great competitor to the Microsoft Suite.

What do you dislike?

The diagrams look out of date and dated, like an old MS Publisher design. It would be nice to see newer, modern graphics on there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its good for internal purposes but not for presentations on a design related scale as they seem a bit outdated.

We used it to create diagrams for internal presentations, but not for client reveals as it looks unpolished and outdated in comparison to other tools.

Learning about Draw.io?

* We monitor all Draw.io reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.