Draw.io

Draw.io Reviews

Showing 82 Draw.io reviews
Draw.io review by <span>Richard Y.</span>
Richard Y.

Free diagramming tool with strong collaboration.

What do you like best?

The best part of Draw.io is the collaboration features. It is offers saving files directly to services such as Google Drive or Dropbox along with saving to to computer. It's really cool that I can instantly save my works to my Google drive and open them later from anywhere to modify or to demonstrate it in a very clean and professional look.

What do you dislike?

Compared to the similar products that offer a wider selection of templates, Draw.io's selection of templates and shapes need to be improved. Importing from other file type often results in failure due to unknown reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Draw.io may not be the best diagramming tool but it is one of the best tools offering a free level of high-quality service. Draw.io is a great option if you only need this kind of software every so often. This tool will help you create diagrams with a lot more ease than if you were using other similar software.

Draw.io is a great diagramming app for those who occasionally need to make diagrams. It allows me to use a free diagramming service with strong collaboration features via Google without any additional costs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Draw.io
Draw.io review by <span>Maria R.</span>
Maria R.

I think that Draw.io is the best diagramming tool ypu will ever find

What do you like best?

After using many diagrim tools, I decided that my favorite would be Draw.io. And why is that? Firstly, because it is simple and easy to use: I like the way I can select from many pre-made diagrams and flowcharts so that I get suggestion of the best forms to use on my own chart. Secondly, I even like more that I am able to personalize the color and position of anything I place on my chart, from sizes and styles to colors!! Lastly, Draw.io is better than any other diagraming tool because it also allows me to place characters (actors) on my charts; I have not seen anyone else offering this feature.

What do you dislike?

This is a tricky question, but I will answer it right now. One of the cons I found when I started using Draw.io is that it might take quite a bit of time for the page to load properly; also, it's sometimes a bit hard to type up text inside the forms you choose because the default stting for text and fonts is big (something like a heading font size). But I firmly thing that these are minor details because I can easily change them, and that is the reason I am giving this software a grade of A+.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Draw.io has all the tools you needregarding making wonderful diagrams and flowcharts.

Everybody in this world need to make chrts, flowcharts and so on, especially those like me, who run a business on their own. Due to this situation, Draw.io gives me all the tools to make easy and colorful flowcharts, and to start making any type of diagrams so that I can keep my business in order and running smoothly.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Draw.io review by <span>Marcelo d.</span>
Marcelo d.

A Great Flowchart and Diagram App

What do you like best?

Works with many online services like Dropbox, Google Drive, Onedrive, etc.

Great selection of templates

Easy to start

Very flexible and capable of solving most cases

What do you dislike?

For some more advanced formatting, a knowledge of CSS is required

Sometimes there are glitches with authorization of online services

The interface can get a bit confusing sometimes. Part of this is due to the many functions the app present, but it still could be upgraded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many flowchart and diagram apps are crowded with functions that are not necessary for most users. I suggest you evaluating Draw.io for solving daily tasks in a quick, easy way.

Draw.io allows us to design quick diagrams and flowcharts and share them instantly. It is lightweight and far more usable than more expensive solutions. At my organization, we use it for idea mapping, creating website navigation maps, game flows, wireframe for hot sites and many other tasks where there is a necessity of a tool that is quick to use and easy to share. It is also an excellent support tool for groups of students who must work together as teams.

Draw.io review by <span>Scott S.</span>
Scott S.

Draw.io is super quick and easy for diagraming

What do you like best?

Tons of shapes already there for you, you can group items, drag them around, change arrows quickly when making connections, overall great software. I also love the fact that you can save your data to dropbox and other platforms very easily and it uses common shortcut keys so you can save, copy, cut, paste, etc. quickly. Also, the export options are excellent, PDF, JPEG, SVG, XML, HTML are all extremely useful, we will take the PDF and send it to the client, or use the HTML/SVG version to post a graphic on the website, it is vector so it's scalable and lossless which means you don't need to measure and resize a bunch of times.

What do you dislike?

When your editing your diagrams sometimes the system can get a little glitchy, the drag points will be off or you can’t quite make a perfect square if you accidentally move a corner, it would be nice if it was similar to illustrator where you can’t modify an object shape unless you use a specific tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple and easy to use diagramming software this is the one, there is no risk because it is free, they have tons of symbols, and the interface is very intuitive, kind of like a illustrator feel

We diagram all of our software workflows so that the team can all understand the big picture.

Draw.io review by <span>Ilia T.</span>
Ilia T.

Ideal site for diagrams / flowcharts of different types

What do you like best?

A lot of opportunities

Integration with Google Drive

A wide choice in the construction of sketches

Autosave!

Completely and absolutely free.

Full functionality is available, there is even more than necessary.

This is quite a convenient navigation.

Saves the schema in XML.

Supports layers.

While working on one project, all the tool sets are available.

What do you dislike?

With multi-layer files it may not be easy to work

Manual alignment

A little confusing interface

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to design complex projects, then it is better to not find the program. It can structure thoughts even at the stage of thinking over the project and help in fixing ideas on paper. Site map, routes, sales funnel, project structure .. you can display any structure. Cool stuff.

I use to build workflow diagrams with further import into HTML page and sending to the customer

Draw.io review by <span>Cy M.</span>
Cy M.

AMAZING diagramming application

What do you like best?

Very well-designed, and super easy to draft up diagrams for any number of purposes. Also, the platform allows you to save your work to a variety of online cloud services, which is excellent since other vendors only allow one. I also like that the platform seems to be have been optimized for widescreen monitor use.

What do you dislike?

It's a little difficult to configure things on the platform. For instance, there is no personalization of tools or editing of what's available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product! It's a little difficult to get the hang of at first, but draw.io is a real game changer.

It's been very easy to draft up designs and share them for collaboration. A web-based app is also super affordable and easy to collaborate and design without having super expensive equipment.

Learning about Draw.io?

* We monitor all Draw.io reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.