DreamHost

Shared web hosting is an affordable, quick, and easy way for you to get your site online. Inexpensive, reliable, and feature-filled!

Work for DreamHost?

Learning about DreamHost?

DreamHost Reviews

Ask DreamHost a Question
Showing 50 DreamHost reviews
DreamHost review by <span>Lucy A. R.</span>
Lucy A. R.

Good for Hosting

What do you like best?

I love their affordable pricing. You can host unlimited amounts of domains for about ten dollars a month. With that you have unlimited memory so you load as much information as you want. You also have unlimited email for your employees etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you can't talk directly to a person, you have to email them your problems. Instead of it taking minutes to walk through you have to go back and forth, they usually respond within 24 hours but still it can be annoying. Also sometimes the email service doesn't work, so you will get blips of no service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider dreamhost for your hosting needs, they have the best plans out there and if you search for promo codes you can get hosting for your first year unlimited domains for less than 40 a year. Thats incredibly cheap.

Unlimited website hosting for ten bucks a month, when I tell people how cheap it is for me to hosts all my website they find it hard to be believe, they usually think hosting has to be super expensive and also that they have to pay individually for each site, but you dont.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DreamHost
DreamHost review by <span>obai s.</span>
obai s.

A company that is really passionate about hosting websites.

What do you like best?

They are really passionate about hosting websites. Every week, i would wait for their weekly newsletter just to know what the next new feature is.

I have hosting account on 4 companies and dream host was the first to add Let's encrypt free ssl implemented inside the account panel.

They also provided free Privacy add on on each domain.

above all that, they have great and fast support.

What do you dislike?

Although they brag a lot about their in house custom made control panel. Which is really easy and well organized.

But I am a C-panel fan, and i would like to have the option to use c-panel on my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dream host is your best choice if you are starting up, and need a hosting with great introductory prices and a lot of premium features implemented for your account, for free!.

Like free domain privacy.

Free Let's Encrypt automatic implementation.

Free CoudeFlare automatic implementation.

And a lot more

They provide premium hosting solution and they realy like doing their job. They are one the best candidates for startups. Especially because they have numerous promo codes that would give you up to 85% discount on the first year, just google it.

What Website Hosting solution do you use?

DreamHost review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

Solid web hosting that works for me.

What do you like best?

I like that I was able to try the web hosting at a promo price to get a feel for everything. I am not a web designer or a programmer and/or developer, so a lot of what I needed was new to me as a Designer for my site. The price is good and they are updating the look and feel of the site, interface, etc (compared to when I first started). When I did have a problem I was able to reach someone in a reasonable time.

What do you dislike?

Ok, so for some reason when I was using Mail on my Mac for email and now Polymail, seems like there is always a problem or glitch with the mail server. Even when following the help tips I had to contact tech support to find the problem. After contacting both Dreamhost and Polymail I was able to come up with a fix, but it seems like there are issues every now and then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to check your mail options when using IMAP options (especially on a Mac).

I am able to host my site to where I can display my design work and services for clients who are in need of what I have to offer. Now I see that they have updated their Webmail, have to check that out.

DreamHost review by <span>Elizabeth U.</span>
Elizabeth U.

Helpful Web hosting

What do you like best?

They are quick to respond to issues and I like their chat support option. They've been working to help me resolve issues that I suspect are more a WordPress problem than on their end but they've continually worked on it anyway and answered all my questions.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been using them for very long, but being new to websites it would be nice if they had an easier way to speak on the phone. I've also had a recurring issue with updating digital downloads that they don't seem to know how to fix.

I was having trouble uploading media to my site and at one point my website crashed. I wouldn't have known what to do but they resolved it quickly.

DreamHost review by User in Design
User in Design

Dreamhost is a solid choice for a hosting company

What do you like best?

What drew me to Dreamhost was their really economical hosting packages. I believe I paid one penny for a few months of hosting, and then had the choice of paying by the year or month. I really liked the ability to manage many websites at once, without multiple logins.

What do you dislike?

I wish they used cPanel for their hosting management. I'm not crazy about their custom admin area. It's not the worst out there, but it's a lot more work to move client's Dreamhost sites to cPanel or vice versa.

They also had too much downtime during my time with them, though I hear that has improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was a Dreamhost customer (and still manage sites for clients hosted there), for several years. I ended up switching to GoDaddy for both my domains and website hosting. There was too much downtime that I experienced for very little traffic. However, they are great at fairly timely support response time. The company atmosphere is fun and they have a very humorous newsletter writer. All in all, they are a good company, but did not entirely suit my needs as to allowing me to successfully manage my websites.

They provided good hosting for not just my websites, but several clients as well. I had a client who hosted over 20 sites on Dreamhost.

DreamHost review by <span>David F.</span>
David F.

Fake it til you make it!

What do you like best?

Changing hosts has become a bit of a thing for me lately. As my site count grows, I demand more. Not in a rude way,, of course. Recently, I added an ecomm division and decided it was time to play in the big kids sandbox so I bid fare-the-well to the Walmarts of the industry and was warmly welcomed to Dreamhost. You see I probably don’t need the power that Dreamhost offers, yet. But I am sure going to act like I do. Dreamhost allows you to scale and that was important. They offer VPS and a managed cloud option. The interface is quite easy and the uptime has been spot on.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe was the load speed on the shared plan. Ok so easy fix, I upgraded to VPS and they migrated the sites for me. All in I was upgraded and migrated inside of 20 minutes. My thought is go for the VPS or Cloud plans and spend a few bucks more for a noticeable speed increase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No outlandish claims, no bait and switch offers, no nonsense is what they offer. They are honest and upfront about pricing and products. They allow you to grow into a product. One more note:!the billing method is amazing. They are very business literate and bill by invoice. So you don’t have to worry about downtime if accounting cancelled the credit cards.

Wordpress hosting for five sites, two sites with medium traffic the other three are developing. The benefit of a VPS plan with DH is easy management of a portfolio of sites and an interface that makes sense.

Learning about DreamHost?

* We monitor all DreamHost reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.