Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(216 reviews)

Drift makes it easier for people to buy from your business through real-time one-on-one conversations. When you connect Drift’s conversational marketing platform to your website, you will generate more qualified leads using our bots, and book more meetings for your sales team.

Work for Drift?

Learning about Drift?

Drift Reviews

Ask Drift a Question
Showing 231 Drift reviews
Drift review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"Very impressive website customer interaction solution"

What do you like best?

The Free version of the drift integration is very feature rich. Documentation is very exhaustive, I had to contact support with a query which was very quickly answered and the Drift employee that got in touch were very responsive and helpful.

The implementation of Drift is extremely easy to setup and hugely customisable (Both in terms of look and actions).

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints with my Drift implementation which cannot be explained by using the free version (Link to "Powered by Drift" in the chat window, no automated responses to key words etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure to set up the "Available" times otherwise you will be getting messages at all times of the day - Will work for some but as a one-person company this got me at the beginning!

Allowing my customers to get in touch via my Static website to ask questions on Articles etc. It hasn't been heavily utilised at the moment but I plan on adjusting my marketing to gear customers towards using it to get in touch with me (Possibly in a support portal format).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Drift
Drift review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Drift is fantastic and provides the support you need to learn"

What do you like best?

Drift is a very robust system and there are a lot of nuances to making sure it works correctly. The advantage of this is that it is highly customizable AND user friendly. Working in software myself, I understand the importance of this. There is a cost to this however, and it is that the system can be a little complicate. Not overly so but enough to make you wonder where to go next. THE GOOD NEWS is that drift uses their own product to provide you with outstanding support. As long as you do your due diligence and have intelligent and clear questions their support team will be your best friend.

What do you dislike?

Some of the support staff are more helpful than other to be sure but regardless of who you get they will be able to help you. The back end is robust so it takes some time to get used to navigation but they make it user friendly so I can't really complain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient and take the time to learn as much as you can on your own. That way when you have a question it will significantly increase your results and user experience.

With a small team Drift allows us to streamline our support and maximize our bandwidth on other projects.

What Conversational Marketing solution do you use?

Drift review by Adrian C.
Adrian C.

""Drift put money in my pocket""

What do you like best?

The other day, I asked an SDR for feedback on our investment in Drift. His response was to the point: "Drift put money in my pocket."

Drift was the single best investment in technology that my company made in 2018. In the middle of the year, I was tasked with refreshing our brand. The first order of business was to blow up our website and start over. I discovered Drift from a colleague, and immediately had a sales call with Hambisa after interacting with Drift's own bot on Drift.com. The sales cycle was smooth sailing, and the implementation took 14 business days. Had we not had to re-write every website page and refresh the creative, we could have implemented in one day - and in hindsight, I should have prioritized Drift's implementation.

Here's what I love about Drift:

* The Drift team. I have interacted with at least 12 people in the company, via chat, email, phone, or in person at conferences. I've chats with the support team on the weekend. I've emailed with the VP of Marketing. Our Customer Success Manager, Adam, meets with us whenever we need help by Zoom meetings. They care about my success as an individual, and they care about my company's success using their product.

* The product. Drift isn't a chat bot. It's a consumer-engagement channel. You get to learn about your audience, and your audience gets to learn about you. Drift won't write your playbook, but Drift will inspire your playbook - and the Drift community will inspire numerous applications of the technology. By way of example, Drift's VP of Marketing, Dave Gerhardt (also known as DG) gave a presentation at SaaStock a few hours before I did. He promised to email everyone a copy of the presentation if they went to a URL that had a specific Drift playbook that captured the users email, and automatically emailed a copy of the presentation minutes later. I took out my laptop, programed the bot, and before you know it I was on stage doing what DG did hours before. The support team also helped get this playbook over the finish line in short order.

* Drift reporting. The first thing I do every morning is look at who booked a meeting via Drift. Their integration with Clearbit reveal enables us to get such great visibility into who is booking meetings, and where they were on our website. There have been multiple examples of when we get a lead who is in some way connected to Smartling, and we use this intelligence to connect with other people at Smartling to understand as much as we can about the prospect before the call.

* The UI. It's *so* easy to use. It took less than a week to understand where everything is in Drift. New features and functionality - both big and small - are rolled out daily. The experience has only improved since launching the product in 3Q18.

* The results. We've increased our MQLs by 74% and have booked 2x more meetings via our website than ever before. It happens day and night. When we're sleeping, or when we're in meetings.

What do you dislike?

I'm bullish on Drift. I think it can transform my company's customer experience and one of the personal goals that I have is to figure out how we can integrate it more deeply with our sales process and customer experience. The challenge here is figuring out what will have the greatest impact, and dedicating the time necessary to ensuring its success. It would be helpful to work with Drift more closely on understanding the various use-case applications, how they use it themselves, how many FTEs are needed to administrate the product, etc. They recently put together a comprehensive on-site program that would help us to achieve this, and we may invest in this program in 2019.

For reporting purposes, it would be helpful to filter for weekdays only since we have much less traffic on weekends.

The only other critique I have of the product is the process for testing bots. I would rather have an in-app feature to test the entire playbook, rather than deploying it in a test environment outside Drift. It would enable me to more easily make adjustments as I see errors during the build process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop everything you're doing right now. Buy Drift. Put it on your website. And then get back to your other projects. It will be the best decision you make.

Also, start reading Drift's blog. They have a great team who are constantly creating excellent thought-leadership and enjoyable content for sales/ marketing teams.

Our investment in Drift is currently focused on driving inbound leads. We have a general Drift bot that runs on our website, and a special Drift bot that runs when the user clicks on the "Demo" button. We've increased our MQLs by 74% and have booked twice as many meetings via our website than we ever have.

Drift review by Lauren N.
Lauren N.

"Awesome bot that is already bringing in leads! Just wish for more personalized support..."

What do you like best?

The bot has so much functionality, between the different playbooks that we can have going at different times of the day or on different pages, the customization between types of companies (the fact that we're using this as a B2B company when it seems more fit for a B2C), the easy scheduling of calls with our sales rep (once we input the calendar feature, we immediately got 3 meetings scheduled), and how sleek it looks.

What do you dislike?

It is rather overwhelming at first, especially comparing B2B vs. B2C company experience and examples. And we were told upon signing up that we'd have customer service at easy reach to help us cater it to our needs. And instead, I feel like often times when we just want feedback or guidance, we are constantly directed to their existing webinars. The webinars are *fine* but they are very general, not much more helpful than what we could figure out on the surface, and seem more B2C focused, so I just felt like that was deceiving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be assertive in getting the support folks to make sure your Drift bot is truly doing the right thing for you, make sure all the paths of chat options are going the right way, don't cut corners.

Actually taking our website visitors and turning them into leads and getting them to *talk to us* rather than just downloading a piece and disappearing. We try to put forms on everything to gather info but this makes it much more direct to jump on a call with our sales rep within a day or two. We can both automate it and jump in to really talk to the person so easily too.

Drift review by Bobby S.
Bobby S.

"Corporate use | Amazing Benefits"

What do you like best?

The ease of access to potential clients! I have access to speak with clients who are visiting my site who might not normally fill out our questionnaire. This is a chance to have a personal touch with a client. Extremely beneficial for any sales position.

What do you dislike?

Challenges i have seen thus far are; I wish I could secretively drop in to the conversation rather than notify the client that i join. I'd like to have the opportunity to show that notification when I am ready. Maybe giving the company a chance to get "pinged" to join with a question like, "Would you like to chat with someone from the company?" or something like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in a Sales Position and have an active website attempting to interract with clients, this is a product you need to try! I am sure you''ll be satisfied but you'll never know unless you try it! In a world where every interraction with a customer is important, Drift gives you even more opportunities to create forever clients and loyal customers with a touch of a button...or bot!

I am solving the loss of potential clients who visit our website without filling out their information. We received hundreds if not thousands of visitors to our website who go "unknown" and un-talked too. Drift gives us the ability to interact and connect on a personal level.

Drift review by Thomas B.
Thomas B.

"The interface and flow are well done"

What do you like best?

Drift has made it simple to build an automated chat bot. I appreciate the easy and the flow of the site in building out different playbooks. The site really helps create, change, and test different bots to get the best results out of the platform. I am extremely happy to have found this tool.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the reporting on the site was more intuitive. Changing details are easy, but seeing how those changes affect the conversion rate are not. There is some good reporting but finding specifics on users and how each user is doing isn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drift meets the majority of the goals I have with an automated chat bot. There are some added features that would be nice but only come in the upgraded package and for the small size of our company it didn't make sense to upgrade. But as a sales tool it works fine.

Drift was implemented to help convert more of our online visitors to customers. It is helping us do this. It engages visitors and starts them down the sales funnel.

Drift review by Alexander F.
Alexander F.

"A fan as an Agency Owner"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can conversationally request information from our clients and prospects to help them take high priority actions. By triggering specific questions and providing answers that they can select, I can guide our clients to take actions which are most likely to serve and support them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the rudimentary integration with Infusionsoft and would love something more tangible than Zapier. Although Drift allows me to ask our clients questions, it would be great if it provided the ability to collect answers to questions in a survey format which would allow us to weight the scores and then determine a next step based on those results. I would prefer that Drift did a better job at unifying users into single contacts as opposed to duplicating contacts in the system, which I understand they're working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Drift may appear expensive, the ease in which Drift empowers your prospects and clients to initiate a conversation with your clients has the potential to massively accelerate the qualification and sales process.

Our clients complete the application process required to book discovery calls with us and we've started using Drift as a way to support our clients in our private University (members portal). The benefits of the software so far have been to enable clients to instantly speak with a team members, ask questions, and get answers immediately.

Drift review by Andrew E.
Andrew E.

"No Assistance or Support. AI doesn't even function well for them"

What do you like best?

I like the concept of the product, but so far I haven't experienced anything that I like about it's actual functionality.

What do you dislike?

Dishonest sales process that promised a dedicated customer success team member to assist with the integration and launch. Instead, it's impossible to reach an actual person and the only onboarding assistance is a series of automated emails that don't even come in a sequential order, each containing several random links to things that may or may not apply to your use case. Reaching support on their website is also impossible after the sales process is over. Chatting with the bot offered on their website brings you to a dead end offering completely irrelevant information. If they can't get it right on their own site, it shouldn't make you feel too comfortable in the product getting it right on your site. The scheduling functionality is a big selling point, but it only works with Google calendar or Office 365. We don't use either, so the functionality is completely lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to implement 100% on your own with zero support. If you're not ready to take that on and know exactly what your plan is, don't bother.

Was looking to automate the chat process to help more website visitors without adding additional human resources. So far, we haven't realized that benefit and we're losing confidence after seeing that Drift can't get that right on their own website and don't offer the guidance promised in the sales process.

Drift review by Savannah R.
Savannah R.

"Next Level Website AI "

What do you like best?

I really like how tailored you can make each Drift conversation. They can be really complicated and tailored to individual pages on the website.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that I couldn't move the bot around on the page, perhaps have it pop up in the middle, top corner, etcetera. I'd have also liked to be able to embed a form into the pop-up vs just having the conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's best with a more conversational companies and techy/millennial focused comanies - aka if you have a target audience of luddites they will likely be scared off by the advanced AI.

We were trying to get more interaction on our website. Leading people to outside landing pages, CTA buttons that take them away from the page they're on and the content they're currently digesting poses a problem. We realized that Drift was really good at converting referral traffic -- referrals would typically go to very specific pages based on what they were referred for and we were able to get them on the schedule with a meeting faster.

Drift review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"A truly innovative tool with a great support and sales team"

What do you like best?

The people at Drift have been extremely helpful throughout the process. Any time we have new projects including Drift, their team has given us great guidance with the onboarding and campaign setup. As a marketer who is primarily focused on lead generation, Drift is a perfect tool for almost any site and landing page. It has increased conversions significantly on our Drift-enabled programs.

What do you dislike?

There are some functional limitations with the tool, like lead routing and email notifications. However it was nothing that a third-party integration with Zapier could not solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the Drift team and their marketing materials. Be creative when creating a playbook.

Drift helps us maximize engagement with visitors on our website. We are always looking for more leads and historically the only way to get more leads was through a form fill. Drift gives us the ability to interact with leads in real time and it gives site visitors a more favorable view of our brand.

Drift review by Seb v.
Seb v.

"Using Drift just makes sense...for almost all businesses"

What do you like best?

The ability to go really in-depth with your automated bots and having them change messages based on IP address, frequency of visits, keywords in answers, etc.) It really gets the creative juices flowing and helps you deliver a quality customer experience.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I guess there is a bit of a learning curve as you get started. However, the team is very supportive, and after you hit that curve, you're good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with your implementation team, and if necessary, reach out to businesses and leaders that have used Drift successfully in the past. They have a strong partner & client network that is very helpful and they do their best to get everyone the answers they need.

So many. Drift helps us engage with website visitors that we otherwise wouldn't have been, qualify leads quickly, speed up our sales cycle, even generate a lot more job applicants on our contact us page. If you have issues with any of those, Drift can help.

Drift review by Paul S.
Paul S.

"My favourite marketing tool so far"

What do you like best?

The mobile communication plus marketing automation. This platform sticks to what it is and integrates with other platforms rather than trying to be everything to everyone. A real leader and proper sales tool.

The fact that you can have a mobile sales team and still have access to live conversationas when the bot is online or jump in to start a conversation from live view make this portable, powerful and professional.

The combination of sales, marketing and customer support make the Drift platform a leading option for further qualifying leads after the inbound marketing has played out.

What do you dislike?

I think what I dislike is the fact that it's so easy to use that you can easily overlook the better aspects of the platform. It's something intuitive and should be respected as such, not taken for granted as I did initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A definite straight up buy. The easy interface, standard but adaptable playbooks make it very easy for marketeers and sales personnel alike to implement the system

I'm helping Real Estate customers automate admin processes as well as qualify the prospects needs and move them into sales or support conversations with the internal teams. I'm helping smaller 5+ employee companies build strategies to integrate chatbots into their marketing and sales stack.

Drift review by Cassandra C.
Cassandra C.

"Conversational Marketing At Its Best"

What do you like best?

The Drift team providing an amazing onboarding experience and were with me through all stages of the implementation to answer questions, solve problems and take ideas that I had to make the product better to their development team. The tool is easy to use and continues to grow to offer a wider variety of conversational marketing functionality.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that I don't have the specific ability to set my personal online and offline hours - other than that I have no complaints.

We are able to reduce the barrier of entry for schedule discovery calls with prospective clients by providing them with the ability to book right from our site. We are also able to nurture visitors before they become leads by providing them with content that is relevant to them. When the bot can't answer their question they are auto-routed to our team who can jump in to help.

Drift review by Zac K.
Zac K.

"Here is why I tell every business owner, marketer and entrepreneur they need Drift..."

What do you like best?

Drift is the best designed and feature packed chat tool that is sales and marketing-centric in nature. As someone who operates a sales enablement saas product, we are extra meticulous about the way software works or doesn't work for salespeople. My #1 reason for liking Drift is that it created real results that have impacted our conversions and improved the sales experience for both prospects and our sales team.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. The Drift team owns their product and creates great experiences for their users, clients and partners. I'm unusually satisfied with their product, service, and methodology. Occasionally, software companies like Drift come along that operate a world-class business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get using it, and spend the time to build a quality bot that is unique to each page on your website!

+ We reduced the work of having to follow up on leads for scheduling demos. All of our leads come into our salesforce instance now with an appointment already calendared with the right Account Executive assigned.

+ We reduced our sales cycles timelines. Cut out extra steps. Now we spend that time perfecting our Pinog Pong paddle control and closing more sales.

+Generated 50% more qualified leads for our company, which made our sales team WAY more efficient

+ made our sales department more scaleable while simplifying processes everyone has to master.

+ We use drift to book all meetings across our executive department as well. So we all use it to book and calendar meetings.

Drift review by Pete M.
Pete M.

"Awesome Product! Six Stars! ******"

What do you like best?

Drift is a great customer communication tool, and it's free to get started. For more advanced features, you can easily upgrade to a paid plan that will scale with your business. The company is run by a great team and is always very helpful and informative.

What do you dislike?

There are no glaring issues at this time. Drift really takes customer feedback to heart and is quick to correct any bugs that are brought to their attention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend Drift to any company that is, or is trying to become, customer-centric.

Using Drift allows us to interact with visitors/users of our website/app in real time. This is a tremendous help, as it enables us to assist people immediately and address their questions at the moment they arise. Using Drift's AI helps automate a lot of our interactions, too. This lessens the burden and allows our small team to service more people.

Drift review by Yitz F.
Yitz F.

"Best Sales Enablement tool ever"

What do you like best?

I think the Chatbots are one of the strongest tools there. You can cut back on SDR time in taking chats, by seeing who is qualified. Bots also answer a lot of the common questions you will have which will leave SDR time to hunting.

Drift also adds in other capabilities like email cadences, landing pages, intel on customers, lead routing, and ability to see if someone opened/read your email.

Drift allowed me to use one tool instead of 3 so obviously saved me money .

Plus my Account Manager. The support we get from Drift is really amazing. They are always there to help, and even if our AM is not around, someone from her team is there to help.

Bottom line, they have a customer for life

What do you dislike?

As with any SW companies there are bugs from time to time, but they are very quick and agile about fixing those.

I dont really like the calendar in email option, as you can only choose dates and not specific time slots on those dates which would make things easier as a sales exec.

Time and Money.

I am saving time, having the chatbots do the qualification for me. I can see who is serious from the answers I get and whether I want to engage the lead.

The data is then synced to SFDC where I can see the chat at a later point . I can also choose to have different bots for different pages, allowing me to be more dynamic and more specific in my messaging, resulting in a higher conversion rate

Drift review by Andy W.
Andy W.

"Product works well, support is excellent, they regularly share best practices"

What do you like best?

The chatbots are easy to set up but have a lot of advanced features that enable routing, different bots on different pages, integration with Salesforce, etc. There is an in-product support bot and they are quick to respond and help you while in their interface. They regularly host webinars that share best practices that help me constantly improve my chatbots.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes people interact with our chatbots that enter profanity, offer up pornography, or ask random questions like how to jailbreak their iPhone. We shut those conversations down quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was skeptical and tried Drift as an experiment to see if it works. It works really well and I'm very happy I made the decision to move forward.

We use this to set sales meetings. We set a few meetings every week. We also use it to engage people on our careers page and route to the hiring manager to sell the visitor on why they should apply.

Drift review by Morganne H.
Morganne H.

"Nice product but comes with a learning curve + hard to measure success"

What do you like best?

I love the design of the bot itself and the entire concept of the product, conversational marketing. It's caused me to think in new ways about marketing for my B2B company. I'm also a huge fan of the Drift brand (shoutout to DC & DG, love your podcast!)

They also roll out new features fast, which is really nice.

What do you dislike?

I have received poor response time and delayed follow up from the 2 account managers I've worked with at Drift. The second one is much better than the first, but it still takes several business days to get a response, oftentimes requiring me to nudge them for an answer.

The analytics/reporting features of Drift are also complicated and hard to navigate. I find it hard to get answers to simple q's b/c of the platform's navigation for reporting. I do like the new playbook analytics visualization, but the fact that that resets anytime you update the playbook is frustrating (i.e. I understand the point behind that, but I want to keep the analytics for very simple changes; at least save them historically somewhere!).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone on your team who has enough time to adminster Drift. I'm that person on my team, but with a ton of other hats/responsibilities, I don't think I'm getting as much as I can out of the platform because of a) my time and b) the complexity of the Drift platform.

I purchased this product in order to book more meetings for my sales team. However, this product has honestly required more work than results.

Drift review by Ted W.
Ted W.

"Human-Centric Chat Done Right"

What do you like best?

Intuitive to initially configure and set up led to a painless roll-out and fast internal adoption. The implementation of 'Playbooks' as the means to build conversation and automated lead decisioning trees is excellent. It's easy to craft excellent end-user experiences for both live chat and bot chat. The integrated intelligence capture is also excellent, as is the integrated meeting booking.

What do you dislike?

Cross-platform integration can be tricky. Everything is possible through Zapier, but a bit more effort is required to hook up the virtual cables between things like a CRM. Playbooks also display incorrectly in Safari browser (though Chrome is an easy solution). I also would prefer to be able to edit a lead's in-platform customer record without having to navigate to a completely different tab, while engaged in Live Chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a tool like any other, and you'll only get out of it what you put in. But it's been an incredibly effective tool for us, and hasn't required the time and headaches other platforms do, to help us realize its potential.

When I began building out my marketing tech stack, I prioritized human experience over everything else. Every touch and interaction, automated or otherwise, that a lead or customer had with us needed to be positive, responsive, and had to 'feel' personable and as human-oriented as possible. There are many chat solutions out there, but Drift was the only one that felt well designed for creating interactions with other human beings.

Since implementing Drift, the quality of our engaged online leads has significantly increased. Online or offline, Drift is letting us provide a consistently positive experience that's driving great leads to us instead of driving them away.

Drift review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Drift is a GAME CHANGER!"

What do you like best?

Love their responsive customer success and dev team! There are few companies out their that truly have your best interests in mind (especially in growth mode). Drift takes a refreshing approach to sales, CS, and development and we have had an incredible experience over the last year while implementing their product (and removing forms!). The way they support their customers is also an inspiration to our team at Pixelz!

What do you dislike?

We've experienced a couple of bugs along the way but the Drift team as been extremely effective in fixing them in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No brainer!

We run a lean sales organization. With Drift, we're booking 50 qualified meetings per month for our inside sales team and collecting +200 emails per month for nurturing. We also having significantly more live conversations with leads while they're on our site - allowing your best leads to skip the SDR queue is win-win for everyone! ;)

Drift review by Edward F.
Edward F.

"Completely changing our marketing & sales model"

What do you like best?

Drift made us rethink our approach to how we do marketing and sales. One of the best things is that it gives our prospects a much more personal and quicker buying experience, and our sales lifecycle has reduced, especially from visitor to qualified lead. Their customer success team is amazing and there's always someone available from their support team on live chat to help you out despite our difference in time zone or if it's the weekend. There's always new products coming every month and the platform itself is getting easier to use all the time.

What do you dislike?

We are heavy HubSpot users and there have been some challenges with integrating prospects that have come in via Drift with our HubSpot. Customer support documentation (such as step-by-step guides) could be more comprehensive but then again there's always someone available from their support team to chat with.

From a marketing perspective it's mostly CRO and conversion of visitor to lead with Lead Bot or being able to discuss with prospects in real time. It's also had an impact on website visitors since we started creating more ungated content, and also moved our existing gated content to our blog, which is now pulling more people to our website. So in short, more website visitors, more qualified leads, and more sales opportunities.

Drift review by Ed M.
Ed M.

"Giving buyers their voice"

What do you like best?

Drift is really easy to implement - for marketing or even admin groups. The new visual bot builders make it easy to create effective bots. Their relentless push to find new ways to build more power into the tool takes it beyond a typical chat tool.

What do you dislike?

In the category of good problems to have, they're so frequently updating and expanding the tool I dislike the effort required to stay current. But that's my problem, not theirs! The only real challenge is the solely chat interface with tech support. Sometimes you really need a conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many different use cases that it's important to be clear how and where it will be used. It's fine to have multiple use cases in mind, but if you just start plugging it in without a plan, you'll miss opportunities and create bottlenecks in other places. Hire a company with expertise at applying it for business purposes vs. simply implementing it.

Increasing website conversions, simplifying meeting scheduling, delivering a convenient CX, providing a contemporary buyer experience as a differentiator

Drift review by John S.
John S.

"Great Product, Easy to Use, and Valuable Info"

What do you like best?

This is an extremely easy to use web and mobile application that allows you another connection to prospect inquiries. It is easy to setup and use, and it is robust enough at entry level to run on a trial basis for several months before you start to pay for it. Everyone knows the value of being able to ask a question without being bombarded with sales calls. Great App.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in this product that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product. Again, I like offering people a non-intrusive way to get in contact with us and answer questions that they might have.

My industry is full of salesmen who will bother you constantly just for trying to glean some information long before it is decision time. Drift allows some level anonymous contact for a company who really may not want to prospect.

Drift review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"50% increase in qualified leads!"

What do you like best?

We've seen a 50% increase in qualified leads coming in through our website after installing Drift. Drift allows our prospects to connect with us much more quickly (and makes it less likely for them to forget they filled out a form or potentially hear back from a competitor before us!)

What do you dislike?

No bot is perfect. We get much more spam inquiries into our chat box and somehow, despite our best efforts, they end up in SalesForce and need to be cleaned through. Though often times Drift is able to route inquiries to the correct GAM, many times we need to re-assign to a more appropriate person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've personally found that Drift works better if you have the buy-in from your sales-team to manage it. Also, designate one key Drift "owner" internally.

Inbound leads! Potential customers that may've been deterred by "long" Contact Us forms - or those who want to speak to us immediately are now able to connect with us quicker and more efficiently.

Drift review by Michael  N.
Michael N.

"It's all about conversation, NOW!"

What do you like best?

It qualify leads for your reps. You can setup the bot and ask the question you normally ask before booking a call. Then the bot do it for you. So you have meetings planned without having to spend time for it. You can fully concentrate on having meaningful conversation. We also use it on our pricing page to increase the self-serve purchase where the bot answer the most common questions. We replaced the "Contact Sales" form with a simple bot.

What do you dislike?

It still not that easy to optimize. You start by creating a playbook, but then, it's hard to optimize. I would love to have more analytics that help me improve the playbooks. For exemple, words that come often from the clients and an answer so we can create more automation. Same for questions that we should ask. There is not much to improves ourserlf. The sales analytics is also not very elaborated. You cannot specify where the revenu come from. Training is also pretty basic. If you want to improve, you need to spend a lot of times in Drift.

We really take advantage of Drift when it comes to help and have conversations with our prospects, now. It changed our way to work since we do not need to wait on a prospect to fill out a form and hope to be contacted by us in the next 24 hours. It's proactive instead of being reactive. We already had an amazing response rate. Now it cannot be better. We connect with our future client and can help them right away. Who doesn't love to have a meaningful conversation with a prospect that you help? Drift allows us to have a more meaningful conversation and establish the trust right away with our customer.

Drift review by Garrett B.
Garrett B.

"Good idea but buggy and almost impossible to cancel "

What do you like best?

I love the idea behind conversational marketing and creating a connection with the prospective client vs going back and forth before the conversion occurs.

The Drift support team was available and answered questions as they popped up.

The front and backend UX is solid. Very clean and pretty easy to use. The exception being you need to know that some areas autosave while others require the save button being pushed - ideally it would all be autosaved or at least uniform in design.

What do you dislike?

Drift's integration with microsoft office broke and made it so prospective clients could not schedule meetings. This was a core functionality that we needed for our business. After letting Drift know the integration wasn't working, it took them a week to fix it. The issue created delays and we ultimately chose not to go live.

Since the software had proven to be unstable we decided to cancel with Drift and asked them for a full credit. Rather than issue a full refund they tried to assure us the problem was fixed but in our mind, that ship had sailed. Then they offered to credit us for half of what we had paid as if it were something we could negotiate on. In my experience, if a product or service doesn't do what it is supposed to the customer should be credited in full.

Beyond this core functionality not working there were other bugs that support was able to solve but it seemed to always be something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful. On the surface, Drift felt great but the deeper we got the more bugs we uncovered. Ultimately we decided to back away but it has been like pulling teeth to get a full credit.

We wanted to make it easy for prospects to get info via chat and a bot and seamlessly schedule a meeting with an advisor. We were not able to go live with Drift because their integration with Microsoft broke

Drift review by Mark H.
Mark H.

"Our Customers Now Have A Better Experience"

What do you like best?

With a Drift chatbot, our customers have a significantly elevated experience.

First of all, our customers engage with us when it suits them. Rather than waiting for us to respond to our contact form, customers get answers to their questions immediately, while they’re in buying mode.

Plain and simple, this means customers spend less time being frustrated, and we lose fewer time-sensitive leads to our competitors.

Secondly, conversational marketing allows our customers to have a personalized journey through our website.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike would like to see an AB testing option for messaging so we can test how different messages convert.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really good product to get the most out of conversational marketing.

Looking at the difference between a year ago and now, the kicker for me was seeing how conversational marketing elevated the caliber of conversations we have with our customers.

Drift review by Alexandra B.
Alexandra B.

"Incremental Lead Flow & Incredible Customer Experience"

What do you like best?

Since installing Drift over a year ago, we've been able to add significant incremental lead flow month over month and year over year. Drift provides buyers with one more avenue to engage with us and ultimately allows them to talk to a sales rep in a quick and efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

There are small features that are not part of the product that would make bot building more intuitive. However, the team is so agile that they have added several features we have suggested.

Our business is complex and we have a lot of support-related questions that our BDRs used to have to field on a daily basis. Drift is able to service these individuals and only surface the quality conversations to the BDRs. The BDRs are now spending their time on opportunity-generating activities and our customers and prospects are getting answers quickly.

Drift review by Sandy E.
Sandy E.

"Persevere, it's worth it!"

What do you like best?

The chat bot is an excellent way to pre-qualify visitors to our website and once you get the hang of it is actually fun and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I'm still fairly new to the product so I haven't found anything I don't like yet. I have about 6 bots built and running perfectly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creating the first drift seems overwhelming at times but stick with it because it is so worth it. Once you create your first drift on your own, you will be addicted! And cloning is your best friend.

First we are able to prequalify leads which saves us time. Second we are able to communicate to the individual based on where they are connecting with us making it easier to meet their needs. Third, we are collecting lots of contact info that has never been possible before.

Drift review by Benjamin C.
Benjamin C.

"Neat idea, executed well, works better for some business models than others"

What do you like best?

Drift is pretty easy to set up and has a great customer success team to get you started and keep you going. Definitely some smart cookies over there. The base premise of their product (people are sick of forms and just want to talk) is logical and something marketers should embrace.

What do you dislike?

They seem to ship out updates pretty rapidly. This is both a good thing in that they add new things often but the flip-side is that a lot of them aren't particularly polished. Things like the email extension were pretty wonky when they came out. There are also a few things that would be great to see in the future, especially proper A/B testing.

This is also less an issue an issue with Drift and more with the concept of lead-gen focused chatbots, but I'd imagine Drift would be more effective for companies that target smaller businesses than larger businesses.

Mostly generating more qualified meetings/leads by making it easier for prospects to engage with our sales reps.

Drift review by Ramon H.
Ramon H.

"One of the most appealing, beautiful and expensive website chats on the market"

What do you like best?

- The design of the chat widget is gorgeous. It works on any browser and every mobile phone, I've tried, like a charm. With other chat widgets, I had lots of issues that it hasn't been displayed always correctly.

- Advanced bot and automation capabilities based on tags and other attributes

- Live view of prospects on your website with direct contact via web chat functionality

- Outbound marketing (sending sequences and tracking of emails) with their drift Gmail extension.

What do you dislike?

- Drift is quite expensive for what they offer. I'm one of the happy customers, which has gotten a startup license of the pro plan for a fraction of the normal price (500$ a month). Even with the pro plan, you have unnecessary restrictions like customization of the chat widget with CSS and using the smaller version. Most of the enterprise features as account-based marketing are great for any startup. Why isn't just the support by Drift and the quantity of usage restricted? Why do I have to see the restrictions within your account always and cannot just hide them if I cannot afford 1000$ a month for a year upfront? Are they in need of that kind of marketing?

- The calendar cannot be completely translated into the language of your choice and you can't use a custom domain.

- Help center is branded with drift, even if your plan support branding free chat widget.

- I've received lots of emails from Drift about their Hypergrowth Conference (at least 10 in the last few months), which is quite annoying, no matter how personal and funny they have been written.

- I receive quite some emails regarding extensions of the core product like Drift Signature and Drift Help Center, but I've never gotten an update what has changed in the core product. After a while looking into the bot creation section, I've been flabbergasted that the whole design of the visual builder has changed, without me receiving any message about the advantages the new design and process brings with it.

- Providing a beautiful and direct contact option directly on my website

- Direct targeting of specific customers groups with chat messages, emails and pop-ups

-> Increasing the number of leads & sales

Drift review by Alyssa O.
Alyssa O.

"Thinking about using Drift? Beware. "

What do you like best?

The actual software is very sophisticated and when implemented correctly could have a lot of value.

What do you dislike?

I began a contract with Drift back in May. What the system does is really incredible - IF they spend time to help you implement it. From the beginning, I had to be proactive in asking for their team's support over and over again (they'd rather send you to tutorials and make you do the hard work of figuring things out on your own time). This unfortunately is not conducive for me as a fellow small business owner in Boston who has limited time. You would think at such an expensive price point, they would have better implementation and care for their customers to ensure they make the most out of their investment. Between my busy schedule and their limited availability for training time - it took 3 months to get a playbook written and ready to go live. I was charged full price for the 3 months I didn't even use drift - and they didn't even have the courtesy to call me to check in on why implementation was slow and offer solutions for me. It then came down to me asking if they would apply my credits toward future months when I'd be operable (not a refund but application of credit to the future and a long term commitment thereafter) and they refused saying they don't offer refunds for inactivity. In the end, it's important to know this company chose to make $700 in the short run and lose a customer altogether instead of working with that customer to find a solution for the long-haul. Finally - just go to Drift's website and look at the brands they claim to work with. Over half of them no longer use drift and use other providers. This company clearly suffers in the department of customer happiness and retention. I highly advise you give your business to another company that deserves it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not for small businesses. Unless you have the time, ambition and money to waste on getting Drift implemented - I'd recommend choosing another provider.

They need better business practices and to care more about cultivating long term relationships with their clients that are MUTUALLY beneficial.

Drift review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"Drift - the best marketing investment Wicked Foods has ever made"

What do you like best?

Drift is a highly effective online conversion tool. It was easy to implement and learn how to use for our team members. The recorded live chat transcripts help us learn what works and improve continually. New features such as calendar and email integration are giving us new opportunities to deepen our customer relations.

What do you dislike?

Keeping up with the new features - definite FOMO effect if I don't put the extra yards in to learn how to incorporate these in our marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any business with a website will benefit from implementing the Drift conversational marketing platform. It integrates well with other platforms such as Hubspot, Salesforce and even Gmail. The company is highly focused on continuous improvement/customer experience - I can actually see it becoming a full CRM platform in the medium term. If you want a taste you can also listen to the Seeking Wisdom podcast featuring the CEO and CMO - excellent general business and life advice in an entertaining format.

Also have frequent online demos and Q&A's to help flesh out how it can work for you. Test them out by booking a meeting using Drift on their website.

Qualifying and converting online leads to customers - running above 50% versus 2% for general website traffic

Making our customer experience much better by a) live help/website directions and b) learning their pain points and changing our website

Training our team using the communication techniques with proven results as shown by Drift data

Drift review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"We converted someone in less than 1 hour after implementation!!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to install and integrate into the site. It was easy for us to add additional members of our team. With both the app, site and Slack integration we are easily able to connect with our customers from anywhere immediately without feeling like we might miss something.

What do you dislike?

I was originally not thrilled we needed to upgrade plans to add an additional member, but after a few days Drift more than paid for itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at over 5 other competitors before going with Drift and felt that we made the right choice by far.

Originally we wanted to use Drift because we were worried there was a bottleneck in our checkout process and wanted to quickly identify and help answer our customers questions. What we found was that we needed to add information about products to our website that we had overlooked or thought was not important. By talking to our customers in real time we have been able to answer questions quickly and convert. In our first 2 weeks we have already converted 6 customers that were on the fence.

Drift review by Vitaliy V.
Vitaliy V.

"One of the best conversational marketing experience out there"

What do you like best?

Many localizations

Really interactive bot experience with various skills

Friendly support

Top notch UI/UX

Free Bot skill with automated, interactive Documentation insights

Free plan

Branded, customized documentation Drift page and Consultants profile pages

What do you dislike?

Few bugs related with Russian localization under Drift Help compartment (at least what i've recently faced).

Relatively expensive Bot paid skills. Would be great to see a suitable plan for early-stage startups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really want an automated conversational experience with your leads, I highly recommend Drift. A comprehensive playbook for your marketing scenarios. It really works.

Automated booking for product demo (integrated with business calendar).

Automated product insights for our leads (integrated with technical documentation and setup guides).

Automated engagement to help convert visitors into leads and help them take a decision.

One place to track and gather engaged visitors data.

Automated notifications and consultants routing.

Drift review by Josh M.
Josh M.

"Drift is absolutely brilliant."

What do you like best?

Drift's ease-of-use, design and pricing makes it whole lot better than other live chat platforms such as Crisp, Freshdesk and Intercom. The amount of features you get in the Free plan is amazing, so I would recommend to anyone who's on a budget but wants the same features you would expect from paid software. Drift Help is my new favourite feature of Drift and helps a lot of my clients.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the dashboard could possibly be slightly better, but apart from that, I have no concerns with using Drift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free plan is great to start off with.

Live chat allows us to communicate with potential clients in a much simpler way than joining our Discord server and creating a support ticket, which can sometimes take a while. The new Drift Help product also helps our clients get the help they need without speaking with a representative, which is one position we don't have many staff for.

Drift review by Jeanne Hopkins j.
Jeanne Hopkins j.

"When you need pipeline coverage, Drift will help get you there quickly."

What do you like best?

We tested Drift during Q4 2017 and deployed on our large English language site with one product range in January, adding a second product group in February. Then, we started Drift in Spanish and Japanese (on the specific language sites). In the 10 weeks since our start with Drift, Ipswitch sales team members have generated $629,478 in pipeline coverage via 63 MQLs and 48 opportunities created. With our playbook, the Drift chatbot has effectively dealt with 100s of questions for free products that do not receive technical support; 100s of questions about where to go for technical support; and 10s of questions about sales. Using Drift, we've been able to focus on the questions that matter - those that turn into opportunities and pipeline. Our IT team refused to help with the implementation, so our Digital Marketing team hooked up Drift with Marketo which automatically syncs with our instance of Salesforce. A hack-y way to do this, but we wanted to make it work quickly.

What do you dislike?

For some reason, Outlook does not recognize the notifications from Drift in its rules, and the sheer flood of inquiries via Drift were bloating my Inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you are looking to balance sales and marketing, leveraging Drift gives you the ability to see what sales team members are doing (or not doing). Oftentimes excuses between the two silos in any given organization lead to finger-pointing, but the real data is helpful in supporting conversations that can deliver revenue.

Moving. Faster. Our sales team had been using LiveChat unsuccessfully. With the implementation of Drift, we can track the level of interest in our products and follow up with sales team members in real time. We have leveraged Cloud Task to monitor Drift during regular business hours, and are now expanding into weekends and longer hours during the week. We find that our customers and prospects look for answers 24/7 and Drift helps us to answer them quickly and effectively.

Drift review by Gianni Q.
Gianni Q.

"CEo & Founder of Digitechy.com"

What do you like best?

I like that it's a user friendly back end and it's a powerful front end in terms of bringing a real speed to lead solution to any B2B website

What do you dislike?

I really can't say I dislike anything, could they have some additional bells and whistles like click to call on playbooks, sure but most of it's solution is right on point for b2b prospecting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a b2b company that needs every qualified lead that visits your website to convert to a marketing qualified lead, you need Drift and conversational marketing.

The buyer has changed and if you don't change the way you interact with them via Drift's conversational AI platform you're leaving money on the table.

Higher engagement on website traffic visitors, speed to lead, pipeline acceleration and appointment setting increases.

Drift review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"Best chat service on the market"

What do you like best?

We have increased our new chat requests significantly compared to other chat tools we have used in the past. I like the playbook feature that allows you to control when and where the chat pops up. Setup is straightforward and the customer support is amazing. The branding options on the standard plan are great.

What do you dislike?

If a chat is missed it leaves the customer hanging. I wish there was an option to auto notify the customer after a few minutes of no response that are offline and will follow up via email. You can toggle availability on and off if you remember to. Also, the pro plan is very expensive with no in-between options.

New project leads and quote requests. Very happy with the results so far!

Drift review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"Drift connects me to website visitors 24/7 and now I have it, I couldn't imagine going back"

What do you like best?

Drift integrated into my WordPress site and was up and running in 15 minutes. Setup couldn't be any easier! From then on it has given me a new communication platform that I now use in preference to email. Need to contact me? Go to my site and use Drift! I get a conversation rather than back and forth of email and it helps drive traffic. If I'm not there then we can use legacy email. The mobile app allows me to answer questions, generate leads, and get real-time feedback on my content no matter where I am. Now that I have Drift I couldn't imagine running a website without it unless I wanted to go back to not knowing what visitors think, need, and not being able to talk with them.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app on Android cycles back through conversations when using the back arrow after switching focus to a conversation, rather than taking you back to the main screen, which is annoying. It's either a bug or an odd design choice. Hopefully, they will fix this soon, but it's not a barrier just a mild annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drift is building a platform that is genuinely changing the way we do business to match modern expectations of a customer. You might compare it to any chat based solution today and try to make a choice, but you are doing yourself and Drift a big disservice. It's not that they can give you the same thing you might have already had but better, it's where Drift continues to expand on a monthly basis that is most important for me when choosing a solution.

Visitors would often get stuck on a question, spend extensive amounts of time figuring it, out or just give up, all of which are bad for business. I can now answer real-time questions from visitors that previously wouldn't have ever filled out a contact form (very rarely did I get any, I now get daily questions via Drift). This also allows me to see the gaps in the content on my website by the common threads of the questions I receive. Together, these 2 benefits are helping me to significantly expand my business and brand.

Drift review by Madeline L.
Madeline L.

"Excellent so far with more features to explore"

What do you like best?

The basics of the Drift platform are very intuitive and easy to use. Integrating with other systems is simple and if you have any questions the Drift team is always very quick to respond in their built-in support chat.

What do you dislike?

Understanding the additional/non-basic features is a little tricky. Like the email marketing etc. The help material is very good around the basics but misses a few key questions.

Because we are operating in more than one time zone, the "Automatic" hours often switch to manual which is very frustrating and often results in visitors being served the wrong playbook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have one person who is dedicated to managing Drift. Being the admin and also being in the chat require a lot of time and frequent interruption to other tasks. If you are the one manning the chat, (or supervising those who man the chat) you should expect a respectable decrease in productivity on other tasks.

We are trying to engage visitors to our website and eliminate any inflow of unqualified leads.

Drift review by Ryan D.
Ryan D.

"More revenue, a lot faster, from the same number of leads"

What do you like best?

Drift has allowed our sales team to communicate, qualify, and close leads without forcing everyone through the same funnel. Don't get me wrong, sales funnels are still highly effective, but we always knew there were leads who were ready to be sold to on day 1...we just didn't have a mechanism for allowing these sales-ready leads to "raise their hand." Drift made this "hand raise" possible, and as a result we're closing more leads much faster, and we haven't had to ramp up acquisition spend.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects of the UI weren't immediately intuitive. For example, adding goals took a few attempts, and I found out the hard way that clicking the "X" deletes a stage in a playbook as opposed to closing the window, but these are minor nuances that you learn pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drift is a great product and a great company. It gets my highest recommendation.

Faster sales cycles, and our sales team can now qualify and close leads while their still on our site as opposed to scheduling phone calls where no-show rates are brutal.

Drift review by Maximilian S.
Maximilian S.

"Drift helped us increasing our Sales funnel and get qualified Leads to our Sales Team in seconds"

What do you like best?

With Drift you can easily qualify Leads at a stage you are not even aware that they exist. Having Playbooks in place for all your different Landing-/Subpages guarantees that at each point of your funnel, the chat functionality can add extra value to your prospects. The conversations are 100% customizable, so you can always be sure that the right questions are asked at the right point in time. Furthermore, it gets easy for our Sales team to schedule calls with pre-qualified Leads. As we are based in Germany, but work together with a lot of companies in the US, Drift's calendar integration gets straight to the pain point: time tone difference and multiple emails back and forth until you find a suitable slot are gone. People can so easily pick a slot from your sales reps calendar and get the bridge for the call instantly - it is fascinating.

What do you dislike?

Drift can become confusing sometimes through the sheer endless possibilities that one gets. New features, options, and undiscovered functionalities. Yet, and that's the good part about this, their customer success reps do one hell of a job keeping you up-to-date!

Drift basically enables us to funnel prospects on our website and qualify them in a matter of seconds. If they can not be qualified by the bot itself, one of the Sales reps can easily jump into the conversation and qualify the leads manually. Herewith, sales conversations get a lot more frictionless and it is easier for our sales team to find out what exactly the lead is looking for. Furthermore, a lot of Leads that potentially wouldn't even bother writing you an email sometimes give the bot a shot - or you can directly ping them. This enables us to actually increase the size of our Sales funnel as well.

Drift review by Robert G.
Robert G.

"Drift has enabled Swipii to convert more web traffic into real conversations, leads and sales"

What do you like best?

Drift has enabled our business to filter out the huge volumes of traffic coming to our website so we can focus on prospects that are truly interested in Swipii. Using Drift we can ask those all important pre-qualifying questions that determine very quickly if a business is a good fit for our product - and once we identify these hotter prospects we can jump in and start having real conversations.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is in essence a positive - Drift are adding so many new features and refinements, and at such a pace, that there is the risk that we fall behind in using it to its full capacity. I think it would be beneficial to spend more time getting to know some of the newer features better before being overwhelmed with new updates and UX/UI changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For newbies, I would keep your playbooks simple to start with. Collect some good data. Analyse it. And iterate from there. Don't get to fancy with a lot of pre filtering questions.

Drift has allowed us to engage more effectively with our website traffic instead of losing leads for good. The speed at which we convert traffic to leads has improved greatly and once these leads are passed to sales they are much warmer than many of our other lead sources. A huge benefit is also the fact that Drift works seamlessly even when no one is in the office...so we are coming into new leads every morning which is always a positive for sales and marketing.

Drift review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"You have questions? Drift has answers"

What do you like best?

The platform is growing at an impressive rate, so are the available features and releases that occur on a monthly basis. We are an agency partner and love exploring the capabilities of the platform with our own clients, getting our prospects excited about engaging their website visitors to start a conversation. I have worked with industry competitive marketing automation platforms which require 10x the effort, for the same result.

What do you dislike?

There is an intermittent issue at times where playbooks and drift buttons take a bit longer to load, which creates an awkward situation where the user is forced to reload a page or wait for the bot to respond to an action. This has improved over time but can be added risk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with chat, upgrade as you learn the platform and understand where your need fits the platform and vice versa. I'd also recommend that you have a steady volume of web traffic (3-5k visits per month at least) before considering heavy implementation of the chatbot technology, as the costs will need to relate to closed deals and sales.

Creating minimal and engaging conversation opportunities throughout a website experience. Users are often faced with many questions when prospecting to solve a problem or look for a service that you offer, having an open door for the user to engage and communicate with you, and your team is crucial in the world where we all depend on some sort of instant messaging platform (Facebook Messenger, What's App, etc) We realize the benefits of "being there" and ready to answer someones question far outweighs the hundreds of blog posts and articles you expect your users have time to comb through.

Drift review by Mike V.
Mike V.

"Higher Engagement with Your Best Prospects"

What do you like best?

Being able to make sure the sales team only interacts with the best fit prospects makes sure we have more engagement with the leads that will become big deals, and at the same time being able to automate interaction with the lower value leads.

What do you dislike?

Needs to be more complete - they have branched out from just conversations to now email and added some reporting too... I'm looking forward to having even more capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is really nothing out there like it. So if you buy into conversational marketing (and you should), this is how you do it. You can start with a lower cost plan and upgrade over time, but most enterprises will probably just begin with the highest level plan because of the ABM and similar features.

The team and support are awesome, they are very personal and responsive. They are constantly improving the product and sending customer updates about new features and enhancements.

Their entry level product is cheap and a great deal. On the other hand their enterprise version has a lot of great features for companies who do ABM, but it can get pretty expensive. The ROI is there for sure, it is just not a small investment.

Drift helps us engage with more Fortune 2000 companies (which is our target market) which is extremely valuable because of how big those deals are. We have booked multiple demos with Fortune 500 companies using Drift.

It also allows us to have an automated but personalized interaction with lower value leads.

Drift review by Joseph J.
Joseph J.

"Our review after having 800 conversations using Drift"

What do you like best?

We were among the first to use Drift. It didn't replace an existing chat client for us. And there is good reason for it. Drift was free. Plus we didn't need any onboarding to use the chat program or the playbooks. It is probably the easiest software we've ever relied on so much that has been so easy to use in the beginning. We've now grown with the product and are using more features.

We make lots of websites that help companies and primarily their sales teams connect with prospects viewing the site. A website doesn't answer every question for a prospect and you have so many people on your site ready to buy, but they still might not want to talk to someone in sales. Drift solves this for us and our clients for these reasons not ranked in any order:

1. Anyone can use it. It's easy.

2. It has an app and a slack integration so you can have conversations as easily as you can texting someone.

3. The screen takeover is awesome for the end user. It is extremely user friendly on mobile. This means it's just as easy for your visitors to chat. As easy as it would be for text messaging.

4. You can set messages and "playbooks" to behave in a unique way for targeted pages. This allows your messaging to be contextual. This is helpful to your visitors and the members of your team. Contextual conversations are critical. Everyone comes into the conversation informed.

5. The same context can be set using personalization. You can setup rules for specific contacts. This is amazing. You don't want to greet a long time customer the same way you would a new visitor.

6. Drift respects the visitors privacy. Conversations are not gated by an email. This allows the visitor to choose their own level of engagement. No one trusts that giving an email is used to help them. Everyone expects that giving their contact information invites a pushy sales conversation. This is huge b/c the entire product is built around this philosophy. By removing the gate, so many more people are willing to have conversations.

7. You are able to take your conversation offline and outside of the chat window. By having such a visitor friendly and user friendly interface it leads to a lot of dialogue and the visitor will ask to take the conversation to a meeting, a call or an email.

8. You can match contacts to team members. If a member of your team is already connected to a contact, the contact will see that member of your team and not a new face greeting them on the site.

9. You can match pages to team members. This allows you to match expert members of your team on the subject matter related to the page.

10. Playbooks and bots. I was reluctant to use the bots. However with playbooks, bots are super helpful in guiding visitors through things like FAQ's or answering standard questions. It is also super helpful setting up a meeting or booking a time. It is so much more helpful combining the bot as a helper to the person on the team.

11. The most important thing! Funnel Compression: Traditionally funnels have been setup to create engagement. Content is gated through a form. Then an email is sent out (sometimes to another form). Then the prospect is put into a nurture sequence or drip campaign. The goal is to continue to work the prospect through the funnel until they are ready to buy. But this in reality is often unnecessary and misused. With Drift you can take a top of the funnel browsing visitor and let them engage on their terms. Often what seems to be an FAQ discussion leads to a sale very quickly eliminating all of the other stuff that gets in the way.

There are many more advanced features and new features that I didn't cover. My best suggestion is to take a look at the Drift website to see them all.

When you get there use the program as an end user.

And then with a few clicks try the free version of Drift.

In full transparency, I run a partner company to Drift. However the partner program is brand new and to date I have not done any paid work with that program. We were among the first users of Drift and this review is based on our own business experience with it. We've recommended it 100 times not even knowing that they'd even have a partner program.

What do you dislike?

Drift has become so relied upon for our visitors and our team, I would love it if the product team made an even better way to notify our team. Like the bell that rings on a shop door. We can never be annoyed enough by the sound of a new visitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My best suggestion is to take a look at the Drift website to see all of the features to consider how Drift can help your business in the long run.

When you get there use the program as an end user.

And then with a few clicks try the free version of Drift.

It is extremely easy to get started unlike some other freemium products.

Drift reduces friction from being easy to use for the visitor and the user on your team.

We're currently at 799 conversations. I'm sure by the end of the day we will be at over 800. Many of those conversations have created sales we would never have had otherwise. And it has also made things so much better and faster for our buyers and our team.

Drift review by Markus P.
Markus P.

"Drift helping our pipeline"

What do you like best?

The best part is that after setting up the bot, our lead conversion has skyrocketed. With constant development of the bot, we are able to serve our leads and customers with a more personalized grip and more importantly when the visitor wants to be helped.

Giving space and time for the lead to work out the problem through conversation in their time schedule has been found profitable.

For someone who works in sales, I have been able to help people in right time after the time spent on qualification and data input have decreased.

What do you dislike?

So for, I have no complaints. I get help from the support when needed and it works as wanted (all minor bugs have been fixed quickly).

As mentioned, the best part is the lead qualification. Sparing my own time and sparing leads time. Cutting down the timeline between the initial touch and the problem solved / guided towards right direction.

Drift review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Drift drives real-time conversations"

What do you like best?

I love the way Drift enables our organization to interact with web visitors, even when we're not present. More than a chat solution, Drift is a conversation generator. The ability to seamlessly integrate bots, live chat, and scheduling solutions makes it easy to take a quick question all the way through to a sales meeting.

What do you dislike?

I'm looking forward to the development of additional integrations with other software platforms we use. Existing integrations are great, but they need more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's super light to implement and trial, so go for it. Once you give it a try you'll love it. It pays for itself in no time.

We're having conversations with a much larger percentage of our web traffic. The primary benefit has been more leads in less time. The efficiency gain for our prospects has made engaging with us easier. We've cleared the path with Drift for both our prospects and our business development reps.

Drift review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Drift is so much more than just live chat"

What do you like best?

With a community of over 300,000 RapidMiner users, there's no way that a legacy live chat box was going to work for us. We use Drift bots to engage our users, answer common questions, and offer human help when needed. Behind the scenes, the bots ask some qualifying sales questions so that we know where to invest our limited resources. The end result is that we're able to help our users 24/7 while uncovering users who are ready to have a sales conversation with us.

I also love that Drift is a great development platform. I've created a few simple Drift applications, for example one of our bots allows the user to search the RapidMiner knowledge base right inside the conversation window.

Drift releases new products every month, and I can't wait to see what they deliver next (and next, and next, and...)

What do you dislike?

I wish Drift had better support for the Microsoft ecosystem. Sometimes they release new products that only work with Google at first.

Drift influences over 33% of the new sales pipeline we create each month, and it has been the source of some of the largest deals that we've closed at RapidMiner in the past 12 months. I can attribute well over seven figures of ARR to conversations that started on Drift.

Learn more about Drift

Drift Videos

Learning about Drift?

* We monitor all Drift reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(216 reviews)