Drip

Drip is a marketing automation tool that allows user to craft every interaction with leads, trial users and customers like an artisan, send custom emails based on user behavior and automate marketing for a fraction of the price of the major players.

Work for Drip?

Learning about Drip?

Drip Reviews

Ask Drip a Question
Showing 215 Drip reviews
Drip review by Deb C.
Deb C.
View Original

"Very personalized and targeted"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Drip
Drip review by Brittany E.
Brittany E.

"Great automation! "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and great to automate messages customized to your company's processes.

What do you dislike?

The font options in the text built emails. Not being able to change font color, highlight, select size, etc. You can only choose from the preset options. Also, having to wait a full day to re-send unopened emails. I'd prefer you can re-send the unopened emails in half a day as well because some of the emails we send are more urgent like we are having a sale that day and we want it to get to everyone THAT DAY, not the next when it is no longer relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the tutorials!

Mass emailing, tracking data on opens, clicks, unsubscribes, etc. I know there is much more that Drip can be used for once we have our webstore up and running, which I why I chose Drip. It offers great scale-ability for us so we are ready to use the other features later.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Drip review by Jerry S.
Jerry S.

"Excellent CRM for advanced bloggers or eCommerce businesses"

What do you like best?

I've worked with multiple email marketing and CRM systems over the past 5 years (MailChimp, GetResponse, Aweber, ConvertKit, Active Campaign, Infusionsoft...), so I ahve a fairly good idea of what makes a good - or bad - platform. Drip is right at the top for me in terms of user interface, alongside ConvertKit, but that one is aimed more at pro-bloggers. Drip is really powerful when it comes to integrating with ecommerce (we use Shopify), and the automation options it offers are excellent, and campaigns easy to build. Reporting is done well, too, and they've recently added a new option to their dashboard showing just how much revenue each campaign has brought in.

What do you dislike?

There are tiny details that could be done better - like drag&drop functionality in the automation builder (there is none atm), and for some strange reason, the email template we use sometimes disables bold text, which is a bit of a pain, but nothing to get hung about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drip may be a bit advanced for first-time users, but if you are looking for an all-round CRM system that can handle your ecommerce, multiple customer groups, and multiple email automations, packed in a user-friendly interface, it's a very good choice... and if you happen to be using Leadpages, it should be a no-brainer.

We use Drip both for top of the funnel communication and converting website visitors into customers, as well as following up with existing and new customers after purchase - meaning we can target specific products with their own follow-ups, and tag customers accordingly.

Drip review by Chad F.
Chad F.

"The most robust automation marketing platform around"

What do you like best?

Drip does automation very well, it is one of the reasons I switched to using it from my previous email service which only had basic automation tasks. With Drip, the automation workflows are shown visually, so it is much easier to see how your conditional statements will affect the different parts of your campaign. Drip also integrates with a lot of third-party solutions, which makes it easier for me to take my user data and apply it to other tools and services to make the customer experience even better. You can also do very complex conditional statements within your email messages. Finally, I like that everything is based around tagging, so your users can be given various tags which are the most flexible way to segment your list.

What do you dislike?

Since being acquired by LeadPages, their interface changed and some sections became harder to navigate, but a lot of new features were also added. I'm still getting used to the new UI flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drip was one of the first to perfect building automation flows, and their tools and integrations are handsdown the most advanced at this point in time. Since they are now owned by LeadPages, they have a lot more resources now and I am confident that they now have a bigger team to build out more unique features and stay ahead of the curve.

I was looking for a solution to allow me to do automation flows for email marketing, as well as a CRM that lets me tag users. Drip offered both of these. Tagging has become critical to my business, and I have segmented my list by their interests, triggered tags based on what they have opened and pages they have visited on my website. It is very powerful.

Drip review by Jerica C.
Jerica C.

"Bigtime learning curve, but seems very powerful"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to integrate with my ecommerce site, and thus can become a powerful resource for communicating with my customers according to their behavior and interaction with my company.

What do you dislike?

I feel sort of lost getting started--it's hard to know where to begin. The system is super powerful, but to a newbie like myself with not a lot of monetary resources to throw at "experts," I find it almost overwhelming. There is a FB forum which is helpful for realtime advice, but it does seem like most of the users work for someone else and are already way above my level. Hopefully I'll catch on soon! I hope Drip will continue offering webinars and workflows for those of us who need help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read a lot and watch lots of webinars.

I anticipate being able to increase my customer satisfaction by communicating on a more personalized level with my customers. I like that I can analyze behaviors and track orders, etc, all in one place.

Drip review by Pete B.
Pete B.

"Simplifying complex email processes for massive gain"

What do you like best?

The UX is incredible. I've used plenty of different ESPs in the past and Drip is, far and away, the most intuitive to use.

It's a pleasure to actually write emails within Drip which is something I honestly cannot say for the competitors I've used in the past.

The way campaigns, workflows, and triggers are organised as well makes it super simple to set up really targeted campaigns that, if you can find the right words, are sure to convert.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see a couple of more integrations. I recently had some issues in integrating Typeform with Drip. Another integration I'd love to see would be one with Facebook Messenger.

I would also love to see some more options for opt-ins. the current selection is great, but I'd love to test more options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. What have you got to lose? You can sign up for a free account up to (I think) a few hundred subs.

Run a test of Drip against your current ESP and see which one is easier to implement and gets the best results.

I'm using it for my email marketing.

That includes everything from welcoming new subscribers on a B2C site I run, to selling products to those people through Drip's triggered emails.

I also use it for my client based business to keep in touch and keep my brand top of mind for when they need to hire a great copywriter.

Drip review by Justine P.
Justine P.

"Get your emails automated, across platforms, in a delightful way"

What do you like best?

I've used LOTS of email platforms in my work with clients - MailChimp, Active Campaign, HubSpot, Constant Contact, Mad Mimi, Infusionsoft, the list goes on. When I decided to take my email marketing to the next level, I chose Drip. It's smart, easy to use, FUN to use and has the best that email marketing systems have to offer these days. The price is good for the depth of functionality. They have a great knowledgebase and it's always easy to implement my ideas - with a quick search I find what I need to do!

What do you dislike?

I think the only thing I dislike is the minimum amount of fonts that I can use in the emails themselves - a small gripe given everything that I CAN accomplish in this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need simple workflows, ease of integrating with your website and a simple tool that does advanced automation, Drip will be your friend!

Getting clients into on-boarding sequences

Lead nurturing

Event management

Lead magnet delivery

Online course communications

Drip saves me a ton of time and I've realized my investment several times over at this point.

Drip review by Cam L.
Cam L.

"A simple or complex as you need it to be"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to set up automations for just about anything. I push people in and out of Facebook audiences, trigger third party actions via the Zapier integration and also just use the basic campaigns and broadcast messages to build trust with my audience.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to navigate between different parts of the app and it can be a bit slow to use because most changes involve a full page reload to refresh stuff. Not really a big deal as it's not an app you need spend long periods of time in. Once you find your way around the various parts it's not a problem at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though their marketing is now targetted at online store owners it's useful for almost any type of business interested in marketing automation including software and offline service providers

Linking my marketing, my app integrations and my communications altogether.

Drip review by David M.
David M.

"Best Facebook Integration"

What do you like best?

Drip has learned from industry pioneers and then built a superior platform with tight Facebook Integration that I have not seen on any other platform. Their user interface is so easy to use. Love that it is built on ruby on rails as this MVC framework is mature, extremely well coded and respected as one of the best in the world. Tons of mature libraries meant that Drip will be able to add features easily. They are one of the newer kids on the block meaning they have learned from and improved upon the industry pioneers products. Looking forward to seeing what they do next!

What do you dislike?

Need to see feature by feature comparison charts with competitors in order to sell my clients. Wish there were more 3rd party reviews without affiliate links so I could share them with my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended! T

Personalized customer journey and integration with AcessAlly so members feel deeply supported.

Drip review by Kristin N.
Kristin N.

"Overly powerful for a small operation"

What do you like best?

The sending out of mass emails is pretty easy. I like the ability to use a pop-up on our website to start a directed conversation with people newly interested in our gym.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of options for how to sort contacts, work flows for online shopping and newsletters. Which is great if you need all of that, but makes interfacing very complicated. We're a small operation (a gym) that does all of our services in person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are definitely making strides in making the interface more "normal human" friendly. When I first started I felt like I needed an engineering degree to understand the work flow process.

Mostly using the pop-up widget for our website to make it easy for leads to reach out to us. The widget is more personalize-able than some others I have looked at.

Drip review by Naomi A.
Naomi A.

"My fave so far"

What do you like best?

I have loved almost everything about Drip so far, and this is coming from someone who has used almost all of its competitors at some stage. I feel I've finally found a home in Drip now. It's easy to use, the support team are helpful, and so far we've been able to do everything that we want!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is totally on me - I haven't had the time to research how to make the most of my Drip account. I suspect it has the power to do so much more than what I realise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you give it a trial and see if it works for you!

I mainly use Drip to house and be in community with my newsletter subscribers - with weekly broadcasts and lots of freebies.

Drip review by Tristin E.
Tristin E.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

We have been using Drip as an email sending service for quite some time now with great success. Over a year, we have worked with them to build campaigns and had great success.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the bounce rate is high when I import my contacts and the email builder is a little wonky but overall not much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to use to start building out marketing campaigns and email campaigns. When it comes down to the functionality, I would highly recommend this service.

We are creating a better visualized and personalized marketing funnel. This platform tracks the amount of people visiting your website and can help guide you with analytical decisions. I often export reports so I can take a high level overview look at my current marketing campaigns.

Drip review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Drip Customer Review"

What do you like best?

I love the workflows that allow me to see the big picture for my email nurture sequences. It really helps me to map out the process for taking my customer from initial contact to the sales email.

What do you dislike?

Drip has so many features it's not great for beginners. I would prefer a drag 'n drop style builder for the emails to make them easier to meet my design aesthetic. The great news is that Drip has a FANTASTIC support team who are amazing at pointing you at the right resources or walking you through specific solutions for you.

Creating amazing personalization and automation in my email nurture sequences. I really signed up for the workflows and the ability to personalize and Drip has definitely delivered on those aspects. I think I'm only using a fraction of its capability but I look forward to learning more in the future.

Drip review by Christie M.
Christie M.

"Drip Makes Me Smart!"

What do you like best?

Using Drip is super simple to use and their customer service is absolutely top notch. With Drip's built-in tagging, funnels, etc. I am much smarter in my marketing efforts and can really track my clients and where they are within my EatTrainWin host of products.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that people cannot resubscribe via a LeadPage after they may have unsubscribed from my mailing list. And what's even worse, is they think they have successfully subscribed and don't know of the failure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I encourage other entrepreneurs to start with Drip rather than using a lower-priced option they will outgrow. I wish I had gone directly to Drip.

Drip allows me to know exactly what stage each client is in at any given time. On one screen I can see their entire history which makes it very easy to segment my list and send only the relevant emails to each person.

Drip review by Elisa D.
Elisa D.

"Complicated email marketing made easy"

What do you like best?

The interface that Drip uses is one of the most user friendly that I've encountered in over a decade of using similar systems. You don't have to go digging for different areas, they are right where you'd expect them to be. When they aren't (or if you are having one of "those days" and can't find the answer) their support team is amazing. They've helped me build entire automation sequences when I was struggling.

What do you dislike?

If you don't have a developer on hand, some of the more complicated features that require some programming or scripts might be a challenge.

It allows us to keep in touch with our readers every other weekend, while also offering downloads and free courses that we can deliver direct to their inbox. I've recently used a campaign as well to match with Teachable so that I can send emails at 6 AM in my student's time zone, rather than only in US time zones.

Drip review by Bailey  F.
Bailey F.

"Best automation software! Great business tool. "

What do you like best?

Drip is very user friendly and simple to learn. Email marking has never been more of a breeze. You can see your conversions and clicks to see what's really working in your campaigns. Making specific lists for different options is very helpful as well as things like abandoned cart recovery reminders.

What do you dislike?

I haven't actually found anything that I dislike about Drip yet. It took me a little bit to figure out formulating the email campaigns in the builder at first but after I figured it out it was a breeze.

We have solved the issues of connecting with our different customers as we work with both individuals as well as businesses. Being able to offer specialized marketing and information for each of our demographics has been exceptionally helpful. We can also see what information has the most interaction as well as what works and what doesn't.

Drip review by Mike W.
Mike W.

"An Automation Upgrade!"

What do you like best?

The tags and workflows within DRIP provide me with much more flexibility and creativity than my previous email software. The ability to integrate my lists with Facebook custom audiences is a marketing segmentation dream!

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more integrations with other software but I know this continues to improve

Recommendations to others considering the product

DRIP has incredibly powerful features compared to similarly priced email platforms. I've found DRIP to be much more straightforward than other platforms.

I can easily onboard new clients and seamlessly move them from one email series (campaign) to another. As a marketer, I LOVE the fact that I can easily compose a follow up series for a client without having to learn their email software...I can simply add an account for them in DRIP!!!

Drip review by Nikki S.
Nikki S.

"The perfect combination of simplicity and power "

What do you like best?

The powerful automation builder that allows you to visualise exactly what will happen, and there's a great range of triggers and actions.

What do you dislike?

The new interface colours. I thought I'd get used to it, but I still find the black and pink really harsh to look at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only thing Drip doesn't have compared to a really expensive marketing platform is a full CRM, but if you don't need that, then Drip is the perfect solution. And you can customise Drip heavily so ultimately you can make it do whatever you need it to.

I use it to ensure that anyone who signs up to one of my lists is fully introduced to me without any effort on my part and it works beautifully. I'm also now using it for follow-up emails after customers place orders.

Drip review by Courtney K.
Courtney K.

"Drip makes monitoring my list so easy!"

What do you like best?

I like seeing where my subscribers come to me from and knowing how many (and which ones) open my emails or even clicks on a link in my emails. This helps me decide if I'm on the right track with my content.

What do you dislike?

I am struggling with the broadcasts. I'd like it to be simpler to add an image or text with each new broadcast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drip has been easy to use and it has helped me monitor my content to best reach my audience.

Drip has helped me determine if my content is hitting my market. When subscribers are opening my emails week after week, staying subscribed and when they click links within an email, Drip tells me. This has been a huge help!

Drip review by Ryan I.
Ryan I.

"Very good, but specialized"

What do you like best?

They clearly have built this product with their particular customers in mind. There are certain features that other email providers do not offer, and in drip they're incredibly straightforward and easy to use. For example, I haven't seen website behavior triggers in a product at this price. Usually you need one of the big providers, or a quality API to do some of what Drip does out of the box.

What do you dislike?

Same--they built the product with their customers in mind, which means that there are other features (like pretty responsive email templates) that they just don't have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out their trial, ask questions of their support staff. There are things the platform does surprisingly well but also things they really haven't built in yet. It's great value for the money if these are the features you need. I would say they're kind of weak on reporting, and you can use another service for designing responsive emails and then just paste the HTML into Drip.

Marketing automation without using a developer, quickly building rule-based customer journeys, and their tagging system that makes segmentation extremely easy.

Drip review by Sami M.
Sami M.

"Fun to use software & very good customer service"

What do you like best?

The user interface of Drip is very nice to use and compared to other softwares, it's FUN. Intuitive user experience, good tools for automation, sending, drip campaigns and everything else a modern marketer would ever need. All wrapped into a pleasing and quick customer service, it's a perfect package.

What do you dislike?

Campaign emails are disappearing sometimes, some customers are reporting that emails don't appear in junk folder either. Though this is something that would occur pretty much in every tool, so it's not a baddie.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Automation of marketing actions, retention of our software and overall business model of our MVP. Personalization of user experience is a must nowadays and with Drip we're able to win that battle.

Drip review by Ben W.
Ben W.

"Should be better - too many clicks to get to information"

What do you like best?

I like that the workflows and segmentation options exist and seem to function properly. I like that there are analytics available. The tagging system is flexible.

What do you dislike?

It's way too hard to get to get to your analytics results. Why for an example cant I just click on opens in a broadcast and see the list of people that opened that email. It's way too many clicks away to generate a report in the analytics.

The stylized editor does not work well. I went through various attempts to generate the results I wanted (which was pretty straightforward) I eventually abandoned it and started over with the basic editor.

Also it seems weird to me that you can update the workflow while it's in progress and have an action effect a group of people if they have already hit the exit. That exit function should not automatically. You should be able to add steps as needed and have them apply to a subset of people as they move through the flow. Basically you have to have the workflow totally finalized before turning it on or any changes you want to make just becomes a mess of new targeted broadcasts or new workflows.

It's the system we are using for sending a newsletter and for a registration flow from a landing page using one of your forms. It's also the tool we are currently using to communicate with customers after they order a product.

Drip review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Drip for small business "

What do you like best?

Drip is user-friendly once you get the hang of it. Using tools like tags and segments, I'm able to give my customers the information and products they want. I'm also able to track my audience through analytics and tags to see what they're interested in to develop new and better products for my audience.

What do you dislike?

It can take a few tries to get the hang of the forms/rules/workflows if you've never used them before. It would be great if you could test workflows as a demo before they go live. Or watch a bot go through the workflow at an accelerated pace so you can see if it works properly before making it live.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Leave time to learn drips systems. It's a powerful tool once you learn how to use it. But it can be complicated if you haven't used a similar platform before

I'm using drip to engage with my community and to help introduce and connect them to my brand. This has been my first opportunity to use a welcome sequence and it has helped me keep my list warm.

Drip review by User

"Undecided if I will keep using Drip"

What do you like best?

Visual way to see workflows and easily tag subscribers. The ability to preview emails before they are sent and schedule broadcasts. Good ability to customize and segment audience. Interface made it easy to get started without a steep learning curve.

What do you dislike?

It costs 20% more than Convertkit and I don't think it's necessarily 20% better. It was also free up to 1000 email subscribers when I signed up, and then it changed to free for the first 100 only. So I ended up paying a lot sooner than I expected. I also have trouble with automations. I set up workflows so that new subscribers get a weekly newsletter tag after going through a welcome sequence, but for some reason not all my subscribers have the weekly newsletter tag and I can't figure out whether it's a glitch or if I made an error somewhere. The visual builder also needs some work. I also wish I could select an option to filter who is consistently engaged and who is not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare to Convertkit before you sign up for Drip and make sure it has key features you require; otherwise there is no point in paying more.

Growing email list, segmenting audience, and track how many opens and clicks each email gets.

Drip review by Paul A.
Paul A.

"Email automation on steroids"

What do you like best?

DRIP is the one and only service that offer a 100% FREE account and get to experience a complete ESP service account, on steroids, and I mean it ! You get to use things like automated workflows, lead scoring , tons of integration, analytics etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you only get 100 contacts free. :-)

It does not offer landing pages or social media integration but there is ways around it. But we may see these features very soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend start with free DRIP account is limited to 100 leads– which is more than enough to get you started. But if you have more its okay, just setup a trial period and move along, it will gives you time to learn and get to discover its full capbilities/great features on the free version before start paying to increase and build your audience. Plus side, it gives you time to setup multiple campaigns so you can try, test and improve.

If you're serious and want to take your email marketing to the next level, then you should seriously consider Drip. It offers you many blueprint options out-of-the-box which is (a bonus) great to get you up-and-running in less than an hour. Drip offers solid tutorials, docs, videos and it is totally versatile, flexible and not expensive for what you get.

You only need to plan, name your campaigns, and select one of the pre-design email templates.

Drip’s gets you (thinking) going even further with its segmenting capabilities allowing you to elaborate and/or craft out niche groups of people if you fancy offering a promo or limited time offer.

I would highly recommend Drip if you're selling consulting services, e-products and/or courses then do not hesitate as Drip offers a super intuitive visual builder allowing you to create marketing automations with just a few clicks - seriously is that simple. Add a superbe marketing automation solution to your business and expect a boost in your sales and conversions.

Also, Leadpages merge/acquire DRIP recently, so this also tells us that Drip is going to be here for the long haul.

Good luck.

I get to use email broadcast, sequences and workflows to promote my services. I have simply double my subscribers.

Drip review by Becky D.
Becky D.

"Marketing automation software that is fun to build in the intuitive workflow setup"

What do you like best?

Better than usual email open rates + ease of building workflows + trigger links

What do you dislike?

It's hard to move workflow pieces around, the CRM functionality is very light and unpolished

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is great with all the capabilities of automation and list management. I wish the CRM functionality was more intuitive and polished. But, having tried several other alternatives, including Infusionsoft, ConvertKit, and GetResponse, I will be staying with Drip for the foreseeable future.

I use Drip to deliver content to paid subscribers of a book club. The email open rates are better than I expected with Drip.

I also use Drip to deliver a lead generating marketing course via email + automation. This helps me segment and personalize my prospecting activities from leads generated.

Drip review by Emmanuel Q.
Emmanuel Q.

"Marketing automation for all scales of business"

What do you like best?

Drip is that rare tool that genuinely works well for both small as well as huge businesses. Super intuitive user interface means there's almost no learning curve, but powerful features are just around the corner when you're ready for them.

I'm also a huge fan of the team. They're very candid about what's going on and there's a degree of transparency and humility that is rare with Saas businesses. Engaging with them, you have the sense that they genuinely want your business to succeed. Support team, especially, is extremely helpful.

Finally, there's a super active and supportive Facebook group associated Drip where lots of people share ideas about making the most of the product.

I've introduced multiple clients to Drip and they marvel at what they can do with it. It's literally the beating heart of my digital marketing efforts - the rest of my stack hooks into it in one way or another - and it's pretty much where I'm planting my flag for the long term. I can't see myself looking for an alternative for a long, long time.

What do you dislike?

On the lowest paid tier, support team can take a day or so to get back to you, which is generally okay, unless something is a bit of an emergency. That said, when the support team responds, they're always extremely helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free tier to give a spin. Join the Facebook group associated with the product and ask for advice and recommendations.

I use Drip as follows:

- use Drip to store *all* my customer details, not just name and email, so it acts as my CRM

- I integrate all my other lead acquisition and lead gen tools into it (eg. Eventbrite, Instapage, CraftCMS, Upscribe, Zapier), so it's super easy to set up complex marketing flows

- use Drip for all my email marketing

- use Drip to deliver lead magnets

- use Drip as my lead scoring system

Drip review by Bhargav K.
Bhargav K.

"Drip is an Email Wonderland"

What do you like best?

The best part is the flexibility & advanced segmentation options which makes us more confident when we send an email.

We don't don't know what we would have been into without the Tags & Lead scoring features.

And, Ofcourse we love the email delivery quality which Drip has been so far.

What do you dislike?

We don't dislike anything in Drip but we would love to have drag and drop email builder which sometimes helps a lot in sending attractive newsletters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Come on in! You won't regret....

Email personalization is a great thing which we always admire & reaching the customer's primary inbox was a big issue for us and after Switching to Drip, we have seen a tremendous increase in the open rates & CTRs.

Drip review by S. Alexandre L.
S. Alexandre L.

"Great idea, falls short on delivery for more advanced scenarios. Terrible support experience."

What do you like best?

The workflow editor is simple, and its breadth of triggers is good. Emails are delivered within a reasonable delay, and are what you'd expect them to be. In short, I like the dream of Drip.co! If all its aspects worked, it'd be genius.

What do you dislike?

Their support staff are not rapid, and so far: unhelpful, and very generic. There are a lot of pitfalls in setting things up if you dig beyond email-only actuation (using their editor).

The web hook system delivers events with irregular delays; sometimes spanning as long as 15 minutes for a simple 'clicked link' type of event. What's more the webhook intermittently disables itself citing 'timeout' that's actually not possible. Hosted on AWS Gateway with a Lambda execution; we had zero downtime or errors in our Cloudwatch logs (serverless!). These considerations make testing complex flows quite a chore. Launching new workflows is not very simple as a result. I imagine once they're up and running this is a bit more of a non-issue.

We'd had trouble with their 'visited site' javascript-based tag. The tag was there, loaded via GTM as instructed in their knowledgebase -- but our workflows never reported the visit event. Having contacted their support via their support form, several days later, we're told "tag isn't there, try again" (when the tag is clearly there, something that could be identified with any browser tool). They actually maintained on two subsequent ticket replies, that the tag wasn't there...

To launch our workflow, we had to program all kinds of workarounds using their __s tag, firing events to their REST api instead of relying on their javascript tool. What a time investment.

I suspect that they have brilliant engineers, but that the success staff isn't quite as knowledgeable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your use case; if advanced, consider alternatives.

Simply trying to help our clients along a nurture path, to provide the best experience possible.

Drip review by Rony C.
Rony C.

"Really easy to use once you learn it well."

What do you like best?

It's very simple to use and let's you decouple marketing and development better, making complex automation problems simple to use. Live chat support is also great and helpful, even though sometimes not even they know the answer to some questions right away.

What do you dislike?

I have a hard time figuring out which events take place first when you have multiple triggers for the same event in workflows and rules. I have had to try out sometimes and use delays as workarounds to make sure my automation use case would work in the correct order. They could be clearer in the docs. I have also found some of their examples in their docs simply don't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drip is a great tool for automating your onboarding proccess if you have a saas product. You just have events get sent to drip and use workflows and rules to automate your onboarding proccess. It's much more simple than their expensive alternatives. Their pricing is great when you compare them to infusionsoft, where you get tons of features you will never use.

Sign up flow optimization for a saas product. It is like a 24h onboarding agent, implemented in a very easy to use and iterate.

Drip review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Like the service... could be better"

What do you like best?

It has made sending email campaigns better. It has made life easier after the initial set up.

What do you dislike?

Getting my lists approved at times. Lack of options to customize the emails. Customer service has been pretty hit or miss. It can be really helpful and quick or kind of slow and not helpful at all. I told one customer service rep about the difficulties I was having and he offered directions for me to cancel my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe look in to others with less restrictions on the lists that get uploaded and more options.

A server than can send 50 or more emails at once and also more than 300 emails in an hour. Mainly saving time.

Drip review by Amy W.
Amy W.

"Great for getting really specific about your email automation"

What do you like best?

The visual workflows are great. This is the main reason why I switched from Mailchimp to Drip. While I was using mailchimp I felt like I had to draw my own road map to make sure my customers were receiving the right emails... Actually, I knew this was harder than it had to be and why I started seeking options that helped me to be more specific with my marketing campaigns.

Once you get used to the system, you will see how specific and versatile it is to accomplish pretty much anything you need it to do. The technical support is also good and they are available by live chat during the day to get instant solutions to your questions or concerns.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there are not a set of pre-set templates that can be used with a space for your logo and maybe links to your social media pages. It's not a drag and drop designer like Mailchimp was. However, I adapted to more 'text' based emails and stopped worrying about how flashy the emails looked.

I'm able to see where people are in the workflow and make sure they are receiving the right emails. I have seen an increase in my conversions because I am able to send regular emails that keep my subscribers engaged and interested. Also, I have been able to move them around to different campaigns based on their interests or the pages they have visited.

Drip review by Sylvie G.
Sylvie G.

"The best discovery this yeart"

What do you like best?

Everything is smooth and well organised to encourage us to keep a creative and productive conversation flowing with our students and readers. I like the design, the clean and clear interface, and the functionalities to follow the activities. This opens new possibilities in our ways to interact with our students. I'm still at the beginning of the venture, but I can already say that it is much more pleasant to work in the Drip environment than in all other emailing marketing services that I tried before.

What do you dislike?

The difficulty sometimes to know how things work. My feeling is that it is as a music instrument. I would really like to learn how to play better with it. The more I'll be able to figure it out, the more I'll be able to be more creative. Also, I have two accounts, for my French project, this is sometimes difficult to be able to translate some automatic message like, for example, the confirmation that subscribers receive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of course, and I would love, once I'm more advanced, to be an official affiliate. I don't have make any sales yet... so it was an expensive decision, I opened two groups of accounts (in french and in english) and I created a specific environment for each project, and I used it with my students at school (I'm a teacher) to test it... but eventually I hope to succeed with my online business and the pricing be acceptable if it stays reasonable for profiles like ours.

Attract new prospects (students for my online courses) and once they are enrolled keep them engaged during a course, leading different campaigns.

Drip review by Tsahi L.
Tsahi L.

"My email service of choice"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the rapid pace of improvement that Drip goes through.

Since I started using Drip two years ago, they have introduced a lot of small features that make using it easier and more powerful, many of them just appearing in the UI once every couple of weeks.

Drip was easy to start using with little in the way of training. The learning curve for getting things done is a quick one, while diving into the more complex features is possible, it isn't necessary in many cases.

What do you dislike?

The new colors, and the fact that at times it can be somewhat complicated for setting up rules and automation.

There aren't enough best practices available in Drip directly and you need to search elsewhere for example templates for some suggested automation flows to fit to your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go and use it. It is a great tool for managing newsletters and working with automation in a way that is simple and easy.

I am using it as a single person business and I know that it has a lot of additional tools what would make sense for larger companies (I simply don't have the time to use them to optimize my sales funnel).

The need to communicate with the readers of my blog, prospective clients and actual customers.

Drip allows me to easily tag, segment and work with each group of people separately, personalizing the experience for them and limiting the amount of noise I generate for the rest of my mailing list.

Drip review by Dawson B.
Dawson B.

"Drip is the best email automation/conversion platform we have ever used"

What do you like best?

The flexibility is great - from rules for basic automation to workflows that automate complex flows - Drip allows you to set up simple campaigns as well as really involved campaigns.

The visual builder makes it easy to create workflows that you can actually understand.

The availability of ready-to-use workflow automation templates/scripts is a real time-saver, as is the library of ready-to-customize email series.

There are integrations for just about everything you could need - from customer relationship management systems and ecommerce solutions to membership management platforms and webinar services.

The Zapier inteqration is also great as it allowed us to easily replicate functionality a client had on a different platform within Drip, which, of course, allowed the client to enjoy all of the benefits of Drip without sacrficing anything he had already come to depend on.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve was a little steeper than I expected because there is a lot going on under the hood. A qjuick start guide that covers all of the main features (campaigns, forms, workflows) would have been great, but I was able to figure it all out - mostly as a result of simply getting in there and setting up campaigns and playing around with the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a quick start guide available

On one level, Drip helps us build relationships with prospects and existing customers. On another level, it allows us to get people moving along a pathway to purchase that's personalized to the individual. And since it's so widely supported by other apps, the personal experience can be extended beyond Drip and onto our websites.

Drip review by Steve P.
Steve P.

"Drip makes email automation easier than sending basic email."

What do you like best?

The best part about Drip is its flexibility to meet you where you're at. If you simply need to create an automated sequence of emails, it's as simple as writing them and ordering them. But if you need to create in-depth launch sequences or behavior driven campaigns, the visual workflow means even the most tech adverse person can get personalized emails running in no time.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more flexibility with time-based automation, so you could effectively create a set launch sequence and have a subscriber join in in real-time, this would be a huge win for Drip users. The only downfalls of Drip right now are in 'nice-to-have' features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a plan in place to make use of their automation from day one and don't let it distract you from building your email list. I believe they are the second email tool you use, when you're ready to upgrade, perhaps not the one to begin with.

Creating personalized nurture campaigns and saving time automating emails that send at the right time.

Drip review by Dave N.
Dave N.

"Very powerful system. Good support."

What do you like best?

The workflows seem to be capable of doing incredible things, once you've got your head around them.

A/B testing on various aspects of a campaign

Send time option to follow subscriber's timezone

Responsive and helpful support team

What do you dislike?

Although Drip's own form widget looks great, it is a bit limited. The option to add checkboxes, radio buttons or dropdowns is only available on embedded forms.

The embedded forms do not allow for any styling. Only the instruction "style yourself with CSS" is given. But there are no examples of CSS rules provided. You are left completely on your own to work that out. For someone like me, with very little coding knowledge, this makes implementing the necessary changes for the form to look any good a very daunting task.

The integrations with other platforms seem to be, in many cases, much more expensive than they should be. The WooCommerce integration, for example, is $79 USD and appears to be pretty limited. Compare this to the free integrations available for ConvertKit and ActiveCampaign (with ActiveCampaign, the free option is only offered to the second tier of pricing and up, however, there are 3rd party plugins offered which provide much more functionality than the Drip integration and at a lower price).

There are many other integrations available for Drip, almost exclusively to VERY expensive services. It would be great to be able to link Drip to something affordable, but I honestly can't find any options to do that. I am in the position that I really want Drip to help me succeed in ways that I hadn't before. Sometimes I get the feeling that it's designed exclusively for those who are ALREADY successful and that someone like me, who is hoping to get something off the ground with very limited resource would be better using a different system.

Tagging users based on the pages they visit should be very useful for us in the future. We still haven't quite realised that benefit, as we haven't quite worked out how best to use the information we've gathered.

Drip review by Stephen L.
Stephen L.

"state of the art email automation without the tech nightmare"

What do you like best?

granted its email automation, it's not an easy thing to pick up, at least not for me.

But Drip has made the user experience and interface as easy as possible, so that even a novice marketer can start using some really cool features in a short amount of time.

I feel like I still only use a small percentage of what's possible, but it's helped me streamline and automate a lot of my business, where I can run ads to the funnel and know that money comes out in the bottom, the autoresponders are all taken care of.

What do you dislike?

I guess if I have to say something, it's how workflows doesn't have a copy and paste or move block feature.

If I decided I want to put part of a flow inside a condition, I'd have to actually create that part again and delete the existing part.

I run webinars and need to send autoresponder emails to registrants, to confirm, remind them to come, and let them know about my offers. Drip handles this beautifully for me with workflows, conditions, goals, tags, and more.

Drip review by Dave O.
Dave O.

"Very powerful and great value for money"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Drip is its visual workflow designer. It enables us to easily configure Drip to take different actions (e.g. send email or subscribe to a campaign) based on quite complex scenarios.

I also like the API which enables our SaaS product to interact with Drip, e.g. to add a subscriber to a campaign when they've performed a certain action in our software.

It's also a very robust product. I can't remember every coming across a bug.

What do you dislike?

I would like there to have been some built-in email templates. Instead, I had to create my own. This is fine if you already know what you're doing with HTML and CSS.

Also, there is no way to know the status of a batch API - when our app calls the batch API (e.g. to update a whole bunch of subscribers at once) there can be a delay in that API call being actioned. In the interim, we have no way of knowing how long it's going to take to be actioned. If it takes longer than usual, we're left wondering if something has failed.

I also wish there was support in our timezone (Melbourne/Sydney). We often have to wait a day to get an answer to our questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thoroughly recommended if you're prepared to sacrifice ease of use for power and flexibility. Drip has been able to do everything we need, but we have needed to ask support for help quite a bit.

We're Drip to send onboarding and educational emails to the users of our SaaS product (www.cio-pulse.com) based on where they're at with our product, e.g. they've just come on board and need lots of help, or they've taken an action for the first time, or they've been with us a while and just need the occasional 'how to' tip.

We also use Drip to send out one-off broadcast emails, e.g. to announce new features or planned outages.

Drip is a little more complex to use than other email marketing tools, but we've found it far more powerful. It has enabled us to automate some complex scenarios that just weren't possible with our last tool

Drip review by Patrick O.
Patrick O.

"I'm a raving fan"

What do you like best?

Drip is full-featured at a great price -- Besides all the email list mailing stuff you could possibly want, we use it like a CRM -- when clients and prospective clients do things (like contact us, or click a link, or fill out a form, etc) it all gets updated in Drip. And then, in most cases, we have Drip automatically do something -- start a timer then email, send an email right away, link a file to them, etc.

We actively use the liquid programming in Drip to personalize things and we use a lot of the drip automation tools.

One of the huge benefits with Drip is quick, accurate, very helpful client support team.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike -- seriously I recommend it to everyone I know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drip is powerful and not overly complicated, but does require comfort with software set up. If you're not comfortable with that, you should find someone who is who can do it for you (they don't have to know Drip, they just have to be able to play around and try it -- it's intuitive once you dive in).

Bulk email -- we send out our blog posts every two weeks, etc. We also use it like a CRM and automated marketing, automated responder, automated client follow-up.

Drip review by Jason V.
Jason V.

"Drip completely automates sales rep activity"

What do you like best?

I currently use Drip to run automated messages that help our sales team of 20+ engage and nurture relationships. We integrate Drip with PipeDrive Sales CRM through Zapier which has allow me, as a Marketing Director, to focus on the architecture and results versus handling minuscule tasks. Due to the fact that Drip's API covers a wide array of calls, I'm able to send business intelligence data directly back into PipeDrive and even notify sales reps on key actions so they can make timely follow ups.

Drip's integration with Zapier makes it possible to trigger actions from PipeDrive to Drip. This has given my sales team the ability to control their own marketing activity at their fingertips.

Another aspect of Drip that I love is it's ability to handle workflow automation with outside marketing platforms such as Facebook. We can push and pull subscribers into Facebook Custom Audiences to handle awareness, attraction, engagement and nurturing campaigns that all support conversion. Drip's feature of allow you to add the additional or removal of a subscriber from a Facebook Custom Audience at different points in email workflows allows us to make sure the Facebook Ads they are receiving or both relevant and timely. For example, when a sales rep moves a opportunity into a 'Proposal Delivered' stage in PipeDrive, we are able to push the prospective client into a Facebook Custom Audience that is attached to Facebook in-post video ads with client testimonials for that specific service the sales rep is presenting. Clients have even mentioned this to me. This type of integration inside Drip's workflow automation allows for smart, timely and impactful messaging which are all important components to get people to take action.

Drip has worked so well for ourselves that we now offer it as a service to our clients.

I could write a book on all the benefits I see from Drip, but overall Drip's ability to integrate and be customized has enabled me a marketing professional to do my job better and focus on what matters most.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish Drip had is a way to share email content back into PipeDrive Sales CRM. Right now you can see this in a subscriber's activity stream via a link, however I can't create a link that I could share with sales reps so they can see the content of emails being opened and clicked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to drill into their blog to learn about all the different integrations possible with Drip (i.e. Zapier, Facebook, etc.).

Drip has solved the problem of inconsistent engagement and nurturing that clients need to maintain a conscious awareness that drives them to take a desired action. Speaking from a marketers perspective, it saves me time by allowing me to play more of the architect and strategist, versus being stuck in the weeds with tasks such as manually importing, exporting and sending campaigns. Drip handles the process so I can focus on ways to improve campaigns.

Drip review by Heidi R.
Heidi R.

"I love Drip!"

What do you like best?

The ease of adding subscribers. I love that my clients think that I am personally emailing only them.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike. There was one time, shortly after we began using Drip, that our account was turned off, but I was not notified. It took me days to realize that happened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish I had signed up for Drip long before I actually did. I realize now how much new business from existing clients that I missed out on.

We needed a way to email our clients that was easier than writing a newsletter every week. Drip was perfect for what we were after. Almost weekly, I get a reply to one of my Drip emails from one of our clients. They always think that I have personally emailed only them about the contents of that email. I give them a mixture of helpful information they can use as an author and selling them something.

Drip review by Zach S.
Zach S.

"Excellent - Best Email Marketing Software I've used"

What do you like best?

Drip has such easy-to-use workflows that you can serve automated emails to a huge range of customers without too much development work. This was an absolute necessity for us and starting Drip solved many of our customization headaches in one stroke.

Other than that, the ability to quickly change the workflow that a customer sees is dead simple, which makes customization very simple for any member of the team.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes figuring out where a user is from isn't clear. In other words, sometimes there will be customers have signed up for the service but there is no clear information about where they came from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple newsletter, Drip isn't a great option. If you need custom responses and workflows, Drip is the best.

We needed multiple ways to automatically reach out to customers. With our old email marketing software, we would have to manually follow up with 50% of all submissions because there was no simple way to deliver a customer message

Drip review by Sarah P.
Sarah P.

"Great if you cashflow is soon"

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up. You can use the templates and save yourself time, support was spot on, and it was easy to see the flow of what your customers are doing. For marketing automation, it's my go to. There are so many ways to setup if/then scenarios for customers. Which when doing education products across a wide variety of topics is essential. I love the way I could just pick a five email campaign and mad-lib style fill in the emails. It made it super easy to do something that otherwise would have taken hours of research.

What do you dislike?

If you have a bit of a list, but not regular cashflow the price is a bit steep. For clients just starting out, I tend to recommend MailChimp and then encourage them to switch over when it's time to maximize their lists. Because I signed up for a side-project and then life happened, I ended up paying more for Drip than I made because we didn't launch when expected. It's definitely worth it if your cash flow is ready to go, just something to consider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you know that you'll be able to bring in more money because of it. Or that your time is worth the time not spent on it. We were doing products on the side that were not bringing in enough money to justify what we spent over 18most.

Getting a list up quickly, I wanted to do a complicated workflow for my education product and Drip helped simplify the process.

Drip review by Administrator

"All the features you need, and no fluff"

What do you like best?

The best part for me is UNLIMITED custom fields and wide open API integration, not to mention as many native integrations as possible. This is huge; Drip isn't looking to just lock you in on their platform. The second thing I love about Drip is the ability to create dynamic, changing content with snippets and liquid verbiage.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting could use some easier UI, and if you clutter up your account with unnecessary tags/other parameters, sometimes it can take a good amount of manual effort to clean it up. Also very frustrating for us that Content Snippets do not work in notification emails (this is a fine detail but would make a huge difference for our association). One major limitation is that you cannot "compare" two custom fields against each other as a parameter. For example, "IF [custom field a] CONTAINS [custom field b] OR IS GREATER THAN [custom field c]"

We have finally been able to create workflows that help us message customers & follow up in real-time versus reacting well after the fact. Timing is everything with prospect & customer follow up.

Drip review by Lisa H.
Lisa H.

"5 Email Autoresponders later I've finally found THE ONE that works for my company's goals"

What do you like best?

Hands down, customer service and support. My tech questions don't just get answered... they get SOLVED and I learn how to do it myself.

What do you dislike?

I'm still trying to understand how to use the "workflow" with all the components. I'd like more videos breaking down the process using REAL LIKE examples so I can see it from the front end and the backend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not for people who can't think through the goals of their business. There's a learning curve.

I am just getting it up and running but I can see it will help me with list building, lead magnet delivery, and the biggest thing that I'm creating right now is online program delivery. I love the way Drip uses tags and workflows (which I'm still trying to figure out) to segment people based on behavior. Case in point... I'm glad I can stop marketing to those customers who already purchased.

Drip review by Dustin O.
Dustin O.

"Drip has really come a long way! It's the best bang for the buck!"

What do you like best?

Some of the best things I like about Drip is that it works and it's a widely used platform that allows me to hire a marketing assistant who can get up to speed fairly quickly. It's not overly complex or cumbersome.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything I dislike about Drip. I wish their API was a big beefier which more functionality, but we're pushing the limit of what Drip was meant to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In 2017, Drip was acquired by LeadPages, and as far as I can tell, it's been a good thing for me as an end-user. I don't consider myself a user of LeadPages or need to us it, but the infusion of cash into Drip has meant that I get support tickets answered more quickly, and I can do Support Chatting instead of doing it via email.

The workflow feature for marketing automation is also quite powerful. There are a variety of online resources that help with you learning to use it as well.

I have got three different problems I'm solving with Drip. One is communicating with current customers through email newsletters. A second is to do email follows up for leads who asked for quotes. And third, which is something unique to us, is using Drip to send a series of email sequences to ask new current customers to fill out a variety of gravity forms during their Onboarding stage.

Drip review by Violeta P.
Violeta P.

"A robust platform with so many key features"

What do you like best?

I love how powerful Drip is. Once you get the hang of it, it's soooo easy to use! It has incredible list culling and pruning features, as well as tagging, and trigger links. Plus setting up new forms and opt-ins was a breeze. The visual funnel and automation builder was the best! Drip also has some of the BEST customer service ever! Their technicians are so thorough, patient, and helpful. They stayed on chat with me for as long as it took to solve my problem and always followed up with me via email.

What do you dislike?

At first, it took some getting used to, so it's not the best tool for people who don't have patience with software. Some of the features are difficult to find, and it isn't the prettiest looking of all the options. The thing I had the most trouble with was timely emails. Sometimes the send time was so delayed. A problem that I'm told they're fixing.

It made it really easy to have a robust tool that any business could easily grow into. Drip was my first software after Mailchimp, and it showed me the light! After Drip I could never go back to something so clunky as Mailchimp, I don't care how cute their graphics and branding is. Drip is a robust tool for people who need room for their business to grow. It's great for people who are in it for the long-haul.

Drip review by Kory W.
Kory W.

"Great email marketing platform for business owners"

What do you like best?

No downtime so you don't have to worry about whether or not your emails will actually get sent. It's also incredibly easy to use once you get everything set up. I like that the email template was really easy to customize to work for my brand, and I love that you can customize the email address responses get sent to as well as the footer for every email that you send instead of it being one thing for all emails.

What do you dislike?

It's a little complicated to setup in terms of figuring out exactly which workflows will work the best and how to best set them up; however, that might be due to my lack of experience in using workflows effectively. I wish it was a little cheaper based on the number of subscribers I have, but I think if I worked to grow my email list and effectively use the tool to market my products and generate sales the cost would totally be worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you aren't sure if it's right for you, it's worth checking out. It's not nearly as complicated to setup as some other platforms out there, and there's a lot less to worry about once you're setup and running. I've really loved using this platform out of the 3-4 email marketing platforms that I've tried and definitely see myself sticking with it for the long haul.

I really love using Drip to setup a more sophisticated email marketing plan. I don't have to worry about spam subscribers getting through to my email list or the constant worry about whether or not the platform is down and if my emails will actually get sent as much as I've worried about those things with other platforms.

Drip review by Stephen L.
Stephen L.

"Fast and awesome support for novice marketers"

What do you like best?

Friendly and helpful customer service. Enough features for anyone.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier onboarding process. Maybe a guided tour for a basic setup? Also, workflow templates that will help new users with having something to start with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an automation marketing for email, Drip is definitely the one you should consider. You can be a novice or an advanced marketer, Drip will do everything you want it to do once it is set up.

Automated email marketing. Drip can handle almost anything that would have been in Infusionsoft.

Learn more about Drip

Drip Videos

Learning about Drip?

* We monitor all Drip reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.