Drip

Drip is a marketing automation tool that allows user to craft every interaction with leads, trial users and customers like an artisan, send custom emails based on user behavior and automate marketing for a fraction of the price of the major players.

Work for Drip?

Drip review by <span>Ryan I.</span>
Ryan I.

Very good, but specialized

Validated Review
What do you like best?

They clearly have built this product with their particular customers in mind. There are certain features that other email providers do not offer, and in drip they're incredibly straightforward and easy to use. For example, I haven't seen website behavior triggers in a product at this price. Usually you need one of the big providers, or a quality API to do some of what Drip does out of the box.

What do you dislike?

Same--they built the product with their customers in mind, which means that there are other features (like pretty responsive email templates) that they just don't have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out their trial, ask questions of their support staff. There are things the platform does surprisingly well but also things they really haven't built in yet. It's great value for the money if these are the features you need. I would say they're kind of weak on reporting, and you can use another service for designing responsive emails and then just paste the HTML into Drip.

Marketing automation without using a developer, quickly building rule-based customer journeys, and their tagging system that makes segmentation extremely easy.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Drip
Drip review by <span>Paul A.</span>
Paul A.

Email automation on steroids

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

DRIP is the one and only service that offer a 100% FREE account and get to experience a complete ESP service account, on steroids, and I mean it ! You get to use things like automated workflows, lead scoring , tons of integration, analytics etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you only get 100 contacts free. :-)

It does not offer landing pages or social media integration but there is ways around it. But we may see these features very soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend start with free DRIP account is limited to 100 leads– which is more than enough to get you started. But if you have more its okay, just setup a trial period and move along, it will gives you time to learn and get to discover its full capbilities/great features on the free version before start paying to increase and build your audience. Plus side, it gives you time to setup multiple campaigns so you can try, test and improve.

If you're serious and want to take your email marketing to the next level, then you should seriously consider Drip. It offers you many blueprint options out-of-the-box which is (a bonus) great to get you up-and-running in less than an hour. Drip offers solid tutorials, docs, videos and it is totally versatile, flexible and not expensive for what you get.

You only need to plan, name your campaigns, and select one of the pre-design email templates.

Drip’s gets you (thinking) going even further with its segmenting capabilities allowing you to elaborate and/or craft out niche groups of people if you fancy offering a promo or limited time offer.

I would highly recommend Drip if you're selling consulting services, e-products and/or courses then do not hesitate as Drip offers a super intuitive visual builder allowing you to create marketing automations with just a few clicks - seriously is that simple. Add a superbe marketing automation solution to your business and expect a boost in your sales and conversions.

Also, Leadpages merge/acquire DRIP recently, so this also tells us that Drip is going to be here for the long haul.

Good luck.

I get to use email broadcast, sequences and workflows to promote my services. I have simply double my subscribers.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Drip review by <span>S. Alexandre L.</span>
S. Alexandre L.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The workflow editor is simple, and its breadth of triggers is good. Emails are delivered within a reasonable delay, and are what you'd expect them to be. In short, I like the dream of Drip.co! If all its aspects worked, it'd be genius.

What do you dislike?

Their support staff are not rapid, and so far: unhelpful, and very generic. There are a lot of pitfalls in setting things up if you dig beyond email-only actuation (using their editor).

The web hook system delivers events with irregular delays; sometimes spanning as long as 15 minutes for a simple 'clicked link' type of event. What's more the webhook intermittently disables itself citing 'timeout' that's actually not possible. Hosted on AWS Gateway with a Lambda execution; we had zero downtime or errors in our Cloudwatch logs (serverless!). These considerations make testing complex flows quite a chore. Launching new workflows is not very simple as a result. I imagine once they're up and running this is a bit more of a non-issue.

We'd had trouble with their 'visited site' javascript-based tag. The tag was there, loaded via GTM as instructed in their knowledgebase -- but our workflows never reported the visit event. Having contacted their support via their support form, several days later, we're told "tag isn't there, try again" (when the tag is clearly there, something that could be identified with any browser tool). They actually maintained on two subsequent ticket replies, that the tag wasn't there...

To launch our workflow, we had to program all kinds of workarounds using their __s tag, firing events to their REST api instead of relying on their javascript tool. What a time investment.

I suspect that they have brilliant engineers, but that the success staff isn't quite as knowledgeable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your use case; if advanced, consider alternatives.

Simply trying to help our clients along a nurture path, to provide the best experience possible.

Drip review by <span>Emmanuel Q.</span>
Emmanuel Q.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Drip is that rare tool that genuinely works well for both small as well as huge businesses. Super intuitive user interface means there's almost no learning curve, but powerful features are just around the corner when you're ready for them.

I'm also a huge fan of the team. They're very candid about what's going on and there's a degree of transparency and humility that is rare with Saas businesses. Engaging with them, you have the sense that they genuinely want your business to succeed. Support team, especially, is extremely helpful.

Finally, there's a super active and supportive Facebook group associated Drip where lots of people share ideas about making the most of the product.

I've introduced multiple clients to Drip and they marvel at what they can do with it. It's literally the beating heart of my digital marketing efforts - the rest of my stack hooks into it in one way or another - and it's pretty much where I'm planting my flag for the long term. I can't see myself looking for an alternative for a long, long time.

What do you dislike?

On the lowest paid tier, support team can take a day or so to get back to you, which is generally okay, unless something is a bit of an emergency. That said, when the support team responds, they're always extremely helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free tier to give a spin. Join the Facebook group associated with the product and ask for advice and recommendations.

I use Drip as follows:

- use Drip to store *all* my customer details, not just name and email, so it acts as my CRM

- I integrate all my other lead acquisition and lead gen tools into it (eg. Eventbrite, Instapage, CraftCMS, Upscribe, Zapier), so it's super easy to set up complex marketing flows

- use Drip for all my email marketing

- use Drip to deliver lead magnets

- use Drip as my lead scoring system

Drip review by <span>Rony C.</span>
Rony C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It's very simple to use and let's you decouple marketing and development better, making complex automation problems simple to use. Live chat support is also great and helpful, even though sometimes not even they know the answer to some questions right away.

What do you dislike?

I have a hard time figuring out which events take place first when you have multiple triggers for the same event in workflows and rules. I have had to try out sometimes and use delays as workarounds to make sure my automation use case would work in the correct order. They could be clearer in the docs. I have also found some of their examples in their docs simply don't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drip is a great tool for automating your onboarding proccess if you have a saas product. You just have events get sent to drip and use workflows and rules to automate your onboarding proccess. It's much more simple than their expensive alternatives. Their pricing is great when you compare them to infusionsoft, where you get tons of features you will never use.

Sign up flow optimization for a saas product. It is like a 24h onboarding agent, implemented in a very easy to use and iterate.

Drip review by <span>Len K.</span>
Len K.

Drip is Amazing

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like how Drip makes it easy to send email campaigns that intelligently branch based on actions and tags, which in conjunction with Zapier allows for some really sophisticated automation. We use it to schedule consultations with Appointlet, and it lets us automatically add contacts based on emails I send and then react based on the booking being made or not.

What do you dislike?

The integration with LeadPages is a bit of a jump, I'd love it if it was all in one product. No real dislikes thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider using Drip if you want to do email marketing with an easy to use UI for implementing branching and decisions based on either email actions or actions in other cloud based systems that integrate with Drip either natively or via Zapier.

We're able to automate follow-up with inquiries that haven't yet resulted in a phone call being scheduled. Prior to using Drip, we sent an email and if a call wasn't scheduled, I might do a manual email to follow up on anything particularly interesting, but that was it.

Learning about Drip?

* We monitor all Drip reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.