Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Dropbox Paper

(3,463 reviews)

Paper is a lightweight, web-based, word processing tool from Dropbox.

Work for Dropbox Paper?

Learning about Dropbox Paper?

Dropbox Paper Reviews

Showing 3,577 Dropbox Paper reviews
Dropbox Paper review by Shawn T.
Shawn T.

"Ability to quickly create documents"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dropbox Paper
Dropbox Paper review by Fred A.
Fred A.

"My experience using Dropbox Paper at work"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Paper has been an excellent tool that helps us to do creative and team work. We can do collaborative work in real time and online, assign tasks, edit documents and everything from one place. In addition to being a good place to store files in the cloud. It also gives us the opportunity to create roles for work in the team, as Creators and Collaborators. It has a simple and minimalist style, when it comes to work it seems an eternal and infinite sheet of paper that accepts many types of content.

What do you dislike?

Dropbox Paper for the time being has been able to meet the needs of our company by working online and in real time with our team, but we believe that it can improve a bit in terms of storage, such as for free plans only offer 2 GB, while other companies offer a little more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We could recommend improving the storage plan in the free plans and for new companies that use this product.

We are sharing files, assigning tasks, editing documents in real time and as a team. Dropbox Paper offers everything in one place. One of the best points of Dropbox Paper is its support to embed multimedia content from 29 websites. For instance, if you’re a designer, you may find the InVision, Figma, Framer, Lucidchart or Marvel integrations useful. If you’re a coder, you might get some use out of its integrations with Gist and Github.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Dropbox Paper review by Emily N.
Emily N.

"Easy for everyone!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is for people to use and the consistency of the product. You can look at previously deleted files, you can edit, see your edits, see others edits, and being able to meet and go over our tasks for the day or the week even if we're not in the same place, city, or sometimes even country makes it easy and useful for all of us to stay up to date on what needs to be done.

What do you dislike?

Lots of updates too frequently, and if you have many projects on the go like we do, it would be nice to have easier ways to access those files rather than going into files finding a file and then clicking it to get into another file. One click would be more convenient.

As a team that is not always together this is useful for us to be able to get our information and updates to eachother without actually being together. It's easy for everyone to use, and we can manage our tasks for the day clearly and when we have due dates they can be assigned on there to a certain person making it easier for us to not have to go out of our way to find them to tell them when something needs to be done.

Dropbox Paper review by JOSE JR A.
JOSE JR A.

"Dropbox paper tool for collaborative work. "

What do you like best?

Paper is a Dropbox tool that I use constantly since it facilitates the editing and creation of text files, allowing me to manage documents and carry out projects individually or in groups through invitations.

It also offers a notification center that keeps me updated on changes in shared documents, with the option of being able to make comments which facilitates communication between people who are working through a chat.

It also allows the insertion of images, YouTube videos, Maps, Instagram files and Facebook within the document just by copying and pasting the link, I also have at my disposal the control bar by generated line to make any change in the document.

What do you dislike?

It is a tool oriented to the edition of text files so it does not allow uploading images, videos or any other type of format, besides I have not managed to upload a file already created from the computer, which delays the development of the project or work that is is doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The templates offered are a point in favor being innovative and practical but not only offers but allows me to create my own templates to facilitate the development of various documents in the future.

Being a tool oriented to text editing in a collaborative way allows streamlining projects especially when starting from scratch and having a template to manage projects we can set goals in time, assign specific tasks and detail the development of the project in question .

Dropbox Paper review by Stacy B.
Stacy B.

"Dropbox Paper"

What do you like best?

I love that I can now add things similar to google docs to my dropbox account. I can setup things sort of like spreadsheets and keep all content related to the project together. You can add notes and to do lists in a long running stream. I also like the mentions.

What do you dislike?

Downside is that there is not much aesthetically that you can change. There are no different fonts or colors to highlight so when you start getting a lot of information in there at once, things can get muddied and it can be overwhelming to look at. Don't think you can collaborate with users that have no dropbox though.... It requires a dropbox account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to manage a small scale project that can reference documents you currently store on dropbox or be able to mention people (who have a dropbox account) to let them know about things or ask them questions, Dropbox Paper does allow some level of collaboration that is nice.

It was a good way to collaborate with current dropbox users. I like the fact that you can mention people and it automatically emails them with a notification. On a small scale project, this would be perfect.

Dropbox Paper review by Ryan K.
Ryan K.

"Dropbox Paper: Better than Google Docs!"

What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate and the built-in organization is top notch. The ability to manage all of my documents that I'm using between a variety of collaborators and keep them all organized is a much needed feature that was not available in the previous software solution we were using.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to use a web browser. For data protection purposes, we are unable to install the Dropbox App, and we have been working with Informatics to enable us to use it on our hospital computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Try implementing it within your work group on a trial basis and you will be pleasantly surprised I think.

Collaborating with other people on writing a paper or presentation is a breeze. There is no need to worry about sending copies through e-mail and endlessly cluttering your computer and not knowing which one is the most current! It's simplified the process for co-authors of papers. It's also very easy to integrate new members and projects. Working with doctors, who have very little time, is a cinch as the software is so easy to use and readily accessible from anywhere.

Dropbox Paper review by Beatrice M.
Beatrice M.

"Dropbox Paper -Document creation made easier"

What do you like best?

This software is mainly used in the communication department .We use the software in creation of document.Earlier before installing the software we had really hard time in integrating data from outside in our document. Since using Drop box paper were able integrate external content and still maintain the document alignment. We are now able to easily copy and paste images from external sources comfortably.Another thing is that the software makes it possible for multiple users to work in the same document in real time.With the software i am able to make quick who in my team was supposed to receive certain information.

What do you dislike?

the software lacks the format to either underline, italicize or change the font of the document

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox paper is an easy to use platform that enabled me in documentation and communication in the office.Try the free version and you will see how good it is.

Dropbox paper helped us in document formation and team collaboration on working on same document in real time.

Dropbox Paper review by Alexe J.
Alexe J.

"Dropbox is Boss"

What do you like best?

Dropbox paper is easy to use and that is my favorite part about it! Also, it is really a fast way to collaborate with pretty much anyone with an email. And since Everyone knows dropbox, Usually everyone already has an email with Google and that is the best way to sign in. I like that everyone knows how to use it usually when I bring it up to them. I also like that Dropbox paper has templates that you can use to create your documents, like "Brainstorm", "meeting notes" and project plan. I also like that you also have the ability to create folders. There are also tabs that say "All", "Starred, "Docs" and "folders". There is also a feature in the Docs where you can add links to photos and videos, which is cool because you can't do that with regular Word or email or paint. They have a flowing format which is easy to use and they offer a lot of tools for working together, like inviting people to edit the doc!

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike the most about Dropbox Paper, is that the layout is very boring and the colors are not that great, in my opinion. I would like more customizable page features. Also, I am not sure if you can change text fonts and colors and size, but I can not find that right away. It is very simple and besides all those awesome features I mentioned before, there are not many other features, in my opinion. It allows you to do a few things but that's it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it if you are trying to do simple collaborations with one other person. Otherwise I think it gets confusing. I would recommend it simply because I do not know what else is available out there. I have used this product for awhile, at least regular dropbox, and I find most people find it easy to use. Maybe I am a bit more complicated than the average bear, who knows.

We are solving the issue of having to be together, send emails and have storage on our computers. The benefits are the ease of use in collaborating and keeping docs off of our personal computers. It's like the cloud.

Dropbox Paper review by Jeffrey B.
Jeffrey B.

"Dropbox is always solid"

What do you like best?

I use dropbox mostly with my band, and it's always been good to us. We can all access our band folders, make changes, save to our computer, pretty much anything. It is very fast and we can all view and listen to the tracks on our smart phones. Before we had dropbox we had to email each track individually and it took entirely too long. I remember times where emailing the album would take all day, now it's pretty much instant and that would have to be my favorite part.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could have more default space, I always have to delete saved files to save more. I like having all of my files. I am able to download the tracks onto my computer, but I really like having all of my files in the same place on my smart phone, and viewing them all at once. That would have to be my least favorite part if I'm being honest. I understand that everyone has to make money, so I understand why the limit is where it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give more default space, I really hate deleting files to make more space

Being able to all access the same files, rather than emailing. Before we used DropBox, we would have to email track at a time, and it took forever to accomplish small tasks, now we can all view the whole album before it drops to make sure its up to par with our standards.

Dropbox Paper review by Daniel H.
Daniel H.

"Drop box for blackboard"

What do you like best?

I am a college student at Kilgore Jr. college at Kilgore Texas. This semester I took 3 online class and we use Dropbox for our online blackboard classes. It liked that it was simple and integrated into the site and easy to upload to that program.

What do you dislike?

One problem I had was that I uploaded it and it didn't take so I had to upload it again. That was most likely not a programming problem with Dropbox but was a problem with either my internet, web browser or the college's website. Dropbox is geared only for MicrosoftWord and MicrosoftWord is a college requirment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend DropBox Paper since it is used in the highest of learning and tax paid learning institutions.

Business problems I am solving with DropBox Paper and the benefits that I have realized is that if I am teaching an online class then I may ask the students to write a summary or review and obtain it through that problem instead of through some other methods or e-mail.

Dropbox Paper review by Catherine A.
Catherine A.

"Great tool that's hard for luddites"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Paper is a great cloud-based document-editing option, especially for those who eschew using Google Docs for everything. It definitely has made Dropbox a more powerful and flexible tool for online collaboration!

What do you dislike?

For people used to working solely in Microsoft Word, Paper still seems to have a learning curve. I work with small teams of folks with varying levels of technological comfort and no matter how hard I try, we can't all seem to get on the same page when it comes to using Paper. I think it's because Dropbox gives you the option of using Paper or Word Online and options can be too confusing...

I work with small teams on collaborative documents such as grant applications. There's nothing worse than multiple versions of the same document, so a collaborative online editing tool is a must. Dropbox Paper offers a great way for remote teams to work on documents that take many rounds of editing and collaboration.

Dropbox Paper review by Mika R.
Mika R.

"Great for sharing information "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to share documents of all kinds with others. It's pretty intuitive as well. I need to communicate with people in multiple buildings away from my main building, and other forms of document-sharing programs don't work as well as this one. It's easy to use, and does take some getting used to, but I find that it's well worth it in the end and needlessly wordy tutorials aren't always needed, as shown by this program.

What do you dislike?

The website can feel somewhat bare-bones at times. I feel like there could be a wider range of features, which would make it seem more complete and sophisticated. Upon opening and using it for the first time, I couldn't help but feel like it was somewhat like an empty canvas, and I was at a loss on how to start. Tutorials on how to use the program initially didn't feel like they covered enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this program. It's great for communication.

Communicating across the company can be a bit of a challenge, but using this software makes it infinitely easier to send documents to others. It's much more modern and sleek looking than other websites, and I tend to enjoy using it over other programs such as Office 365. Everyone in my department is well-accustomed to it, and it has been much easier for me to be in the loop with everything that goes on.

Dropbox Paper review by Dmitriy U.
Dmitriy U.

"Dropbox for doing SaaS"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the application is free. Accordingly, I can give a link to the application to my colleagues and they can immediately use it.

I like the fact that I am using a Dropbox account for authorization and I do not need to register another account.

I like the fact that you can register through Google.

I like the fact that the application works according to the software as a service model and I do not need to install the program on Windows.

What do you dislike?

I’ll tell you what I don’t like and what I’d like to see in the product:

- Ability to select a language. I have been using Dropbox for a long time, I have 22.9 gigabytes, and in Dropbox I can choose a language. In Dropbox Paper, I could not find a way to change the language. It is not convenient for me to use the product version in English.

- The interface is not intuitive. For example, when I create a new folder, I see the inscription 'Invinte-only', but I can not change anything.

- It is very important that the interface is not adapted for different resolutions. Example:

1) I am creating a new document.

2) Click 'Update now'

3) The popup does not fit on my laptop screen.

- I like the fact that almost any action causes the page to reload. Well, if the site used technology push state.

- I don’t like the fact that managing files in Dropbox Paper is different from managing files in Dropbox. I would like to see a similar interface.

- I lack the ability to use the functionality of Drag-n-Drop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using the Dropbox application, then using Dropbox Paper to create documents is a good idea.

If you do not use Dropbox, then there is no sense in using the service.

I use Dropbox Paper to create articles for my blog. I cannot publish a draft on my website. One article should be spent about a week to write it well.

Dropbox Paper review by MARIOXI M.
MARIOXI M.

"dropbox paper"

What do you like best?

dropbox paper is a very creative application with which we can count for the design or editing of any document in real time including images, mentioning people or even making comments ... it is very easy to use but you must be registered in dropbox first but this It is also very easy to do

What do you dislike?

It is important to know that we must first subscribe to dropbox in order to enjoy paper. I also find it unfair that if we are using business we can not use paper. tya that between them there are different things of which we can enjoy

Recommendations to others considering the product

to us as we are a student community we always like to be aware of everything that happens and we like to keep informed and updated to provide our students a great experience and dropbox is an excellent application to achieve what we want has a different capacity for file storage and that's very interesting

thanks to the universability that it shows, it is very easy to apply them in our work as a method for it since it is easy to use and has a great amount of availability and topicality to be always in sync with our surroundings. it is amazing everything we can do with it and being in contact with our co-workers

Dropbox Paper review by Rina M.
Rina M.

"Google docs competition arrived with dropbox paper"

What do you like best?

Although this in its initial phase this tool comes to help and improve the application dropbox, so that your team can work in real time and edit the document, you can attach images, videos, links, etc.. From your backup or dropbox account, adding legends among other things, is a good tool for team meetings, memos and documents to send to your team.

Within the same text you can mention people related to the topic of conversation or creator of comment with the @ key to mention anyone who is part of the team, as well as the creator or editor of the document in question has the possibility, to see all versions that have undergone changes if any detail escapes

What do you dislike?

This is an impressive application that well as it says in my research title comes to be the competition to important applications that handle this document editing system, from my point of view nothing negative to say.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the free trial and you will see that it is excellent for your work in question, to debate topics, create minutes, etc.

Once registered in the free version or beta since this in its initiation phase, I'm beginning to invite those who are part of my team in order to test the wonders mentioned in this sfotware, trying to use them all to see what help gives and what positive contribution brings to our company

Dropbox Paper review by Hailey R.
Hailey R.

"Love Dropbox"

What do you like best?

Dropbox keeps all my files safe, and allows team members to edit documents and see changes without writing conflicted copies. There are lots of different features that allow you to add media and external links -- it has all the features of Word, but you can see collaboration in real time.

What do you dislike?

I don't love integrating media because sometimes it can get a bit clunky in the software. Also, on slow networks, there is sometimes a bit of a delay especially with lots of users. The mobile version is also not something I would recommend - we prefer to use Slack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for at least a week -- there is definitely a learning curve.

Team members can work on a single document at once in Microsoft Word which increases efficiency. It allows for quick feedback from other members on ideas and proposals.

Dropbox Paper review by Richard K.
Richard K.

"Review of Dropbox Paper"

What do you like best?

By far what I like best is the ease of use when creating a document. With other products that are similar when I would copy and paste a picture it would mess up the formatting and I would get a headache trying to undo the image paste. This is not the case with Dropbox Paper. Images that I copy and paste from my files automatically get organized next to each other!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are some bugs in it. For instance I touched the screen to edit a certain line of text and then the screen scrolls all the way to the end of my text. This does not happen all the time, but enough times to be a little annoying.

When collaborating with other staff members Dropbox Paper is easier to use than Google Docs because it has less "bells and whistles" that can be confusing. One task that I am currently working on is committee work marketing our academy. Rather than hold weekly meetings (which matching up schedules is difficult) we work together using Dropbox Paper and are much more productive working on our own individual schedules.

Dropbox Paper review by Oriana D.
Oriana D.

"Dropbox Paper the best alternative to create content"

What do you like best?

I fell in love with Dropbox paper because of its functionality and speed, being able to integrate external content in a really easy way. It is an ideal tool to use in a meeting room especially for work teams that have members in different locations, as it works as a blackboard for the exchange of ideas, it also allows adding task lists with a verification date and assigning someone to be responsible for it. Its minimalist and personalized style makes workers feel comfortable using it.

For its simplicity Dropbox is one of the best platforms to create content, being this preferred by my colleagues and I

What do you dislike?

I could honestly say that I can not find anything that I dislike about this application

Recommendations to others considering the product

An excellent alternative to current services I totally recommend Dropbox Paper because it provides a personalized service for the creation of content that adapts to your needs, also thanks to its multiplatform function allows the user to access content from anywhere.

Since it has a very clean and simple interface it is easy to use, working perfectly with long texts or essays in this way you can add all the content you need to that service without any limit. And notoriously, you can synchronize it with all your devices so that you can continue working wherever you are.

Dropbox Paper review by Dariana C.
Dariana C.

"A crucial software to handle in your business"

What do you like best?

For me and my business, Dropbox Paper is very complete and useful. All its features make my work easier and more organized. First, this softwarer lets me create, edit and delete notes, to-do lists, files, images and boards in real time. Everything is in a collective enviroment so me and my team can be in different places but still be connected and express our ideas at the same time. Second, all the files can be organized by folders or projects, there is no chance to be messy. Third, I can sycronize Dropbox Paper with my Google Calendar and share files according to scheduled appointments. Also, I like that we can check progress and have control over who completed a task, so it is easier to know which is still undone. Finally, I like that this software is easy to use and is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

It is important to know that the perfect sharing software does not exist, a person or a business can find a software that matches almost perfectly, but still it can have some characteristics that do not fit with the person. That is my case, I really like Dropbox Paper, but I do not like that this software depends only on Dropbox to storage and manage all the files. That is a shame because I prefer using Drive to keep my files so I have to do some extra steps to use this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is very complete and easy to use. In my opinion, Dropbox Paper is necessary in any business to have a great communication with the team. The only problem I see with this platform is that you need to have a Dropbox account to implement it, so if you use other storage and sharing software, you have to think if you want to change from it.

I mainly use this platform for communicative purposes at work. My team and I share all the files and stuff we need to accomplish our daily tasks in order to have control over the thing we have done and the things that we still need to do.

Dropbox Paper review by Carly B.
Carly B.

"Review on Dropbox Paper"

What do you like best?

I like that you can share a document and have others contribute to it. It is helpful to be able to see a revision history.

What do you dislike?

The formatting options are pretty basic. I think it would be helpful to have more options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. It is helpful and worth trying. If your company currently uses another method of document sharing try drop box first, it may surprise you. Having cloud sharing is very helpful when traveling and you are not nearby a computer you typically use. I have found that having the ability to pull this information up on my phone or tablet makes it very easy to access information on the go. I certainly recommend adding it to your resources to help your team. I have found using Dropbox Paper that there are not multiple copies of documents all containing different notes or updates. Everything is simply consolidated and easy to review. As mentioned earlier it is very helpful to use when you are traveling and do not have access to your usual computer. You can pull up the information from anywhere! If formatting is super important to you then Paper might not be your number one, but at least having all the information there for you in one place is a great feature. Give it a try!

Dropbox Paper is helpful because of the collaboration. You can see comments, revisions, etc. right away.

Dropbox Paper review by Barbara  W.
Barbara W.

"Pleased with sharing platform "

What do you like best?

The vast array of features that can be embedded in each document make for professional work that is superior to competing software in the higher education marketplace. Features such as timelines, tables, tasks, to-do lists, Dropbox files, media, bulleted lists and even code for programmers makes Dropbox paper a software program that can be utilized by anyone creating work to be shared.

What do you dislike?

Without the use of a set fillable template, the create a paper page is very stark and empty looking. It lacks a formatted appearance. Additionally, the lack of an "undo" button makes editing quite difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes quite a bit of time to learn all of the fantastic features available. Keep exploring and discovering all of its features to make the product work best for you.

Sharing document files, media, photos easily that can be edited between parties in real time.

Dropbox Paper review by User

"Dropbox Paper: Your team’s collaborative workspace"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Paper is an online collaboration tool. It provides very fast sync than google docs. It also provides MS Office Online Integration feature. Dropbox is designed both to increase your file storage capacity beyond the limits of your hard drive and to improve your productivity. Dropbox copy files to a network of remote servers, and lets you access them from different devices. It allows you to upload files by moving them into a special file system folder called a sync folder. Dropbox can be accessed through any supported browser or the Dropbox mobile app. It can easily connect as many devices as you want to your Dropbox account. The biggest feature oversight with Dropbox is probably no private encryption.

What do you dislike?

Till now I don't face any difficulties in using Dropbox paper. I like how it makes simple to work with docs. It provides only up to 2GB of storage, which should be increased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is user friendly and easy to use. Working with papers is time consuming but, with Dropbox Paper you can edit docs in real time, easily review and approve work, and even manage projects right where you’re working. In Dropbox Paper you can add video, sound, photos almost any kind of content. With everything in one central place, it’s easier to get into flow.

Switch to it, I bet you won't regret it.

With Dropbox, I can easily collaborate and work with my teammates on different documents and papers that all of us need. It provides us with the facilities of editing, sharing, uploading and accessing docs from anywhere on any device.

Dropbox Paper review by Christine S.
Christine S.

"Decent Product for Storing and Sharing Docs"

What do you like best?

Dropbox provides cloud storage for accessing documents more easily from different computers when I am on the run, in court, at depositions, or just meeting with clients or other counsel. It also provides a platform for sharing documents (especially larger documents) easily with other people spread out all over, and likewise allows collaboration on collections of documents. Very useful product and does far more than I use it for. It also seems more universally used internationally in comparison to other similar products.

What do you dislike?

I have found some people encounter problems accessing at times, I feel like I need to continually upgrade for more space, even though I have cleared it out and stopped the automatic storage of certain items that I had originally set up. Because of the space issues, I do not use it as much as I did initially, and I rely heavily on some other platforms that afford more storage free or more inexpensively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful product - but as with many, it has many features that are often understood and underutilized. Do some research so you can make the best of it. I am sure I don't use it to its full potential.

Dropbox is easier to access and work with than accessing our office server remotely. It allows me to upload and access numerous documents that I may need in the course of a trial or extended depositions when I am out of the office.

Dropbox Paper review by virginia berenis C.
virginia berenis C.

"I create my documents to work in distance with my group"

What do you like best?

What I like most is that the system is easy to use with simple tools, you can also share your work with whoever you want and work remotely with any of this application, plus I have protected my documents.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is a bit disgusting is that it is a little slow but a lot of the factors that intervene is the internet you have

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation would be to have good internet, as dropox will work normally and without complications

With Dropbox, I have solved many situations both in my work and in my university, because if they need some information or document I send it and the person with whom I share, besides in the case of the university many professors send researches and bibliographies through this medium and that has no limit in the weight of the files.

Dropbox Paper review by Joyce O.
Joyce O.

"Very convenient and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I really love the idea of being able to log in from any computer and accessing my files needed at any time. I can upload pictures, documents, music links. It's great. I can share with my colleagues all the info as well. It is easy interface and word-like interface.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about it. I have not encountered anything that I do not like about Dropbox Paper. If it is that I would encounter something I do not like, I would definitely contact customer service and they would probably work on it to fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great software. I definitely recommend it to any business. It is very useful, user-friendly and easy access.

It is much easier and faster to use Dropbox Paper than other software. I have been required to share documents with colleagues and this is perfect, so much easier. Everyone is on the same page now- everyone can see what we are sending, uploading.

Dropbox Paper review by Hope W.
Hope W.

"Dropbox paper"

What do you like best?

I love that it’s an easy way to store, create, edit, review and share documents in the cloud. It’s like a google docs 2.0 which is amazing because I used to be an avid google docs user for school and work. It creates an open space to collaborate and share ideas and documents with co-workers. You don’t have to always have internet connection to get things edited or done. Once you have internet connection again everything syncs and officially changes your docs to whatever was edited.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn’t say I truly dislike anything about Dropbox paper. I continuously helps the business I work for share, create, edit, save, and so much more. Dropbox paper honestly just makes life all the more simple, like it should be.

The benefits I am receiving from Dropbox paper is all behind the scenes work. We store, edit, and create contracts for customers and so many other things that keep our business simple and easy to run. You don’t need a filing cabinet or anything because everything is at the tip of your fingers with this app.

Dropbox Paper review by Moises H.
Moises H.

"Excellent for your team work."

What do you like best?

I love the ease with which you can use Dropbox Paper, previously used other applications for this type of work however they had many problems at the time of connecting, however this Dropbox application is stable and I fell in love from the first moment I made use of it, in the university it is necessary sometimes to discuss some results obtained from field tests that are made and through this application we can do it from the comfort of our homes without having to meet personally, I am also from Venezuela and many tutors and experts have migrated from the country, with this means we can access tutorials or corrections of mediating works the amount of word files, it is simply excellent.

What do you dislike?

in particular I have no problem with this application I like how simple it is and that is what makes it attractive to me.

Because of the current situation in which my country is mobilized, from one place to another is a problem and more in my case that I study marine sciences, through Dropbox paper I have been able to keep in touch with my colleagues to do our work fairly. and together.

Dropbox Paper review by Pedro  R.
Pedro R.

"Dropbox Paper para compartir documentos"

What do you like best?

Entre todas sus funcionalidades destacaría el centro de notificaciones de Dropbox Paper en el que se te indica de forma clara si alguien comparte algo contigo, cuando dejan un comentario en alguno de los documentos, o cuando te mencionen en algún proyecto o documento que no hayas creado tú. La facilidad de uso de esta aplicación se debe sobre todo a todas aquellas sugerencia que a modo de tutorial aparecen cuando inicias por primera vez sesión, algo que se agradece para no estar perdido al principio. Algo muy destacable es que Dropbox Paper también te deja insertar vídeos de YouTube, posts de Facebook, documentos de Google Drive, Mapas, y archivos de Instagram, Pinterest, Spotify o Twitter. Y finalmente todas las personas que invites al documento podrán editarlo.

What do you dislike?

A diferencia de otras aplicaciones Dropbox paper solo se limita a ofrecer domumentos de texto, la posibilidad de crear hojas de cálculo sería ideal para mejorar esta aplicación. El modo para borrar documentos es algo mas complejo que en otras aplicaciones. Si continuan desarrollando esta aplicación con el tiempo superará a muchas otras.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox paper es una herramienta hecha por y para la gestión de proyectos entre varias personas enfocada a gestionar tareas específicas como la recopilación de ideas, realizar informes de proyecto o gestionar reuniones.

Compartir documentos con compañeros de trabajo a través de esta herramienta y tenerlos archivados en un mismo lugar es el mayor beneficio que puedes obtener con esta herramienta.

Dropbox Paper review by Fabio C.
Fabio C.

"Collaborazione facile"

What do you like best?

Recentemente ho preso carta Dropbox per un test drive e anche se ha mostrato qualche promessa. Attualmente gestisco una valutazione esterna di un grande progetto dimostrativo e usiamo il dropbox per coordinarci con altri team che fanno parte del progetto. Paper sembrava un modo semplice per collaborare con gli altri team senza introdurre una nuova piattaforma. Mi rendo conto che siamo in grado di stat utilizzando carta direttamente dal nostro account dropbox corrente, in modo da ottenere l'accesso di tutti è stato facile. Era anche abbastanza semplice capire come iniziare. Mi piacciono anche le opzioni per essere in grado di aggiungere media e gallerie fotografiche.

What do you dislike?

Forse la barra dei menu e l'interfaccia stessa non è molto completa, avete bisogno di alcune funzioni che ad un certo punto penso che sia necessario, per essere in grado di personalizzare ciò che ho bisogno in base alle mie priorità renderebbe l'esperienza molto migliore. Tuttavia, tutto il software è davvero buono

Recommendations to others considering the product

E 'libero da usare per coloro che hanno un account dropbox e la creazione di documenti collaborativi semplici è abbastanza facile, tuttavia, sicuramente prendere il tempo per testare guidare e imparare ad accedere a più opzioni di formattazione suing scorciatoie da tastiera.

Finora stiamo ancora testando carta guida per vedere se ci permette di collaborare meglio con altri team di progetto che lavorano in organizzazioni separate. Il vantaggio dell'uso della carta è che fornisce una piattaforma per collaborare in tempo reale all'interno di un programma che già utilizziamo per condividere i documenti.

Dropbox Paper review by Benjamin C.
Benjamin C.

"Fast and collaborative work, ease of document editing"

What do you like best?

It is a very useful, easy and fast tool.

- It allows me to edit documents and share them, in this way it is easier to make joint changes in my work team, take all the constant progress and in this way develop great advances in important documents.

- I can also upload documents from my own computer that already has writings, to share them, edit them or to simply store them. The space is not much but I found it enough.

- The integration of Google and Slack makes all the work faster and easier.

- All the platforms of Dropbox are incredible, in my opinion Dropbox Paper even more, in all the time that I have been using it, it has seemed to me totally efficient and of quality, that without any doubt, it is an efficient tool in the administration and organization of files.

What do you dislike?

I would like Dropbox Paper to provide the opportunity to work a little more in the creative area, it only allows making small simple changes, which are certainly significant; but from time to time the documents must be more graphic and visual and in that aspect there are not many tools that contribute. The software seems very easy to use, I do not present any problem or inconvenience and that's great, because it allows me to develop every day my work and projects underway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Accessing the software is very simple, fast and powerful, with this, I want to use it even more. I recommend you try it and try to give it the best possible use, it's worth it.

It is amazing how much can be done, it is a fantastic tool that has brought us extraordinary benefits. We achieve many projects thanks to the fact that we do a follow up of all the documents in collaboration, in a shared way and in a united way facilitating all our work. We perform daily tasks much more easily with the review of documents that we constantly update and manage. It makes our work easier and that is what we most appreciate, and I feel, especially to me, that I have developed my career as a professional, a lot more in different aspects.

Dropbox Paper review by Emmanuel S.
Emmanuel S.

"A nice experience with Dropbox, is a very useful tool to store files in the cloud."

What do you like best?

Dropbox Paper is much that can be said, mainly is a growing software with constant updates that always seek the optimization of the product. Whether you use the basic version or the premium version, it has excellent features and great benefits.

The main feature that Dropbox has is the ability to dock with any device, that is, you can have your documents from any computer or smartphone with access to Dropbox. Also with Dropbox Paper you can take notes in a distista way since it has emojis, and other funsiones that with good ideas you can make personalized notes.

Another positive aspect of Dropbox Paper is that you can synchronize software similar to this without losing any information, that is, it will always be available on any of the platforms you use.

Additionally with Dropbox you can design, in team meetings you can quickly create mental maps to capture ideas, for this you have excellent functions and as I mentioned earlier you have a series of emojis that allows a better and more illustrated personalization.

What do you dislike?

For the basic package has only 2 GB of storage, I suggest you can increase it a little more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good software, you can create documents and store files, all with the same Dropbox Paper.

The main benefit is to create a document or take a note on any device and download it to the cloud immediately, also with Dropbox Paper you can save files and always have availability of these anywhere in the world.

Dropbox Paper review by Timothy J.
Timothy J.

"Fascinating experience"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Paper is like Excel, but for text. The free-form canvas allows for the quick and easy creation of beautiful and inspiring articles. Last time I saw something similar was with Medium and you can see how the later one took the world by storm. Dropbox Paper allows you to quickly create formatted text, ready for publishing and very convenient for collaboration. The essence of the text editor is still there, yet the little things, like embedded media makes Dropbox Paper work flawlessly for us.

What do you dislike?

Well, it's obvious that the service is quite new and it has a long way to go. What I mean by that is bugs. Not that many and not that crucial, but you can certainly come across a few on your way to a completed text. Still, everything I've noticed so far was very minor issues which do not sway from the overall enjoyable experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creating rich and engaging content isn't a matter of which tool you chose to do it in. But why refuse yourself in a nice and beautiful app when you can get it for free and enjoy all of its added features. Dropbox Paper is worth of a test drive at least.

Dropbox Paper helps me and my team collaborate on text, create media content in an environment specifically tailored for these purposes and it also has an added benefit of being closely integrated with everything Dropbox related.

Dropbox Paper review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Connect everyone in one place"

What do you like best?

Dropbox is a kin to a similar idea as iCloud. The best part about it though is it can be shared with everyone and anyone - not just within your cloud. It is good for the business world because it can connect the office and keep all documents/needed information in one system.

What do you dislike?

Dropbox paper isn't exactly the most interesting software outlet. It is decently organized, but also can get very disorganized with a massive amount of people using the program. In my office, a single individual is in charge of keeping it organized and filed correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend making one specific and well organized individual in charge of keeping the Drop Box system up to date and efficient. The system can be organized in multiple ways - don't over organize/simplify the box. Just make it simple to find every document you need. Once set up, make a meeting for the entire company (or the individuals that will be using Dropbox Paper) to get them using the system and used to how it works. This will make the company more efficient and work together.

I chose to bring Dropbox Paper into the office to connect every individual on the team with different documents and papers that all of us need - budget layout, monthly inventory, sales goals, do's and don'ts, display set up, etc - so that people didn't continue to ask and search for these documents. It has had many benefits. People are more self-efficient and the company overall has improved in sales and numbers.

Dropbox Paper review by Naoh W.
Naoh W.

"The team work software."

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and start using all you in need is sign up or just use Google I used Google and started working immediately, makes it easy to share documents for example I use it to share with my fellow colleagues the budget and everyone can add their departmental budget which makes it very easy to formulate an all inclusive budget. Its web-based platform makes it accessible from anywhere anytime and share your documents or check on the progress of project formulation even when away from the work place. Its as well a great secure way to store team documents and restrict access only by authorized team members. Its free to use and its compatible with both PC and mobile phone. All I need is download the alp from the play store on my android phone and I can organize a meeting, have agendas formulated by a team and link to calendar to ensure I use the right document for every presentation. Its enhanced feature that allows one to even attach audio,photos and even videos on a single documents makes it very useful for meeting. A speech can be delivered by attaching it on the document.

What do you dislike?

No con. Everything is great its free to use. Its a digital way to gather feedbacks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is a great way to foster teamwork in meeting preparation, project formulation and management as well as monitoring and evaluation.

Team document formulation, paper meeting, file storage and insight collection from the team.

Dropbox Paper review by LeEdna T.
LeEdna T.

"Dropbox used in the past"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to save and send documents. It was much easier to send a link and add people to folders as opposed to sending countless emails. I'm happy that you can cancel at any time because i will definitely use dropbox again if i find that i have a huge project that involves a lot of contracts again.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing i really disliked other than the price. I feel like it should be literally cut in half I do like that they give you the option to be billed monthly as opposed to forcing you to be billed annually like a lot of other services. The comment feature is fine, but i would really like to see a chat feature to make communication easier in dropbox paper.

Drop box made submitting and completing paperwork so easy. I just sent a link to the customer where they could open and edit the contracts. Dropbox paper is a great collaboration tool because the "real time " editing feature lets you collaborate with others in real time. I haven't used the present feature yet, but i think its a great addition.

Dropbox Paper review by Cara F.
Cara F.

"Drop box is user friendly and intuitive for working on projects with a team and making edits"

What do you like best?

I find the editing and comments features to be most useful. I had experience with using the Google Suite in my last job which lends itself nicely to efficient collaboration. I was excited to see that drop box allows users to make comments and then when a teammate signs in, they can quickly see responses and last updates.

What do you dislike?

I find the editing features to be a bit clunky to use. On Google Suite it's easier to accept changes or comment back to people without editing the text.

We used drop box to create our policies and procedures documents. We were finding that many of our documents were being updated and not all members of the team knew about the recent changes. Drop box allows us to all have access to the latest versions without wondering or double checking with the content owner to see if it's the correct version.

Dropbox Paper review by Jacob L.
Jacob L.

"Dropbox Paper actually has helped within my small company. Simultaneous Editing."

What do you like best?

Dropbox paper has changed my daily workload. I work within a small company of just under 5 internal employee's and we all have been tasked with editing a multitude of documents. These documents range from thousand page excel documents to simple controlled documents that need updating daily. Dropbox Paper allows to all edit the same document, which was a total pain in the past; now is fairly simple.

What do you dislike?

The user interface was moderately confusing to start, as with all new changes. In addition it took some getting use to (I am one to not like changes done to a good thing). Everything turned out great once you get the hang of it.

Also, the amount of tips and tricks that appear at the very start of Dropbox paper is very frustrating. I fully understand there is a need to tailor this experience to the less tech savvy crowd, but my goodness there could be less 'tips and tricks.'

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cut down on the amount of tips and tricks at the start of Dropbox Paper, it was highly frustrating to see so many icons appearing when all I wanted to do was get started.

Simultaneous document editing. Master Device Records, controlled documents that need peer review and daily edits can now be done between the <5 employee's in my office. Very simple.

Other than that I haven't explored or used Dropbox Paper to its full extent, but I have every intention of doing so.

Dropbox Paper review by John A.  P.
John A. P.

"Great for Collaborations in the Office!"

What do you like best?

I love how my team has integrated this nicely into their routine. Working together on a project that requires a lot of editing from various people is a breeze. The dashboard they have on all their dropbox products is clean, simple, easy to use, and aesthetically pleasing. When you would like to edit something you don't have to move trough various pages the options are right there on the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

For the most part the application is fluid and stable but there have been times where my team and I have experienced a lag, or the edits don't show up as quickly as we would like for it to appear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox paper has a free version, so there is no harm in trying it out. Dropbox has great features on their regular app and this is a great addition and very similar in use. So if you are used to regular dropbox then you will find this product easy to use as well.

Dropbox paper has been used as the main app when it comes to collaborations on documents that need excessive editing and management. Using it the team can brainstorm and share information at a very fast pace, and it keeps everyone on the same task and tasks can be done much faster since everyone is on the same page. It has been invaluable to my team.

Dropbox Paper review by Akshat P.
Akshat P.

"A good product for all your office needs"

What do you like best?

The best part of dropbox paper is that it is very easy to use and really affordable with good features.

My team is using it affortlessly and very easily.

So best thing is its dashboard which really looks amazing and cool.

Easy to use and every single thing is there so that you can see the things on board without shifting from one tab to other.

What do you dislike?

Dislike is nothing just the pricing is little higher but everything is cool for my team and company.

So my recommendation is to use it to its fullest and go ahead with this product without hesitation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to each and every owner of company and to each and every team who works for good of their company. So go ahead for a free trail and you will fall in love with it.

Take my words and go ahead with what you love.

Here with dropbox paper we collaborate share and solve our issues on single dashboard with no hassle.

Benefis are alot and really we mean it. I work and my whole team work but thier servers habldes everything and works very smoothly. We are happy with this product.

Dropbox Paper review by Lorenzo B.
Lorenzo B.

"Some fresher integration than Google Sheet"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the integration with google docs, as well as the non dependance on google accounts, that some companies bar per policy network due to privacy policy of google. In addition, it allows you to use your own existing email accounts as per normal with Dropbox, allowing a better integration of non Microsoft or Google run email addresses of work domains. Co-workers are more inclined to use without entering the Google ecosystem, which for some companies is a no go.

What do you dislike?

At the moment it is my favourite solution for spreadsheet and document collaboration. The guidance process often times appears even more distracting to actually doing it and it can be come quite annoying. Having said that the pros exceed the cons and there are no other particular features that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The flexibility that it offers over the most popular Google Sheets is way better.

Collaboration work

Dropbox Paper review by Laura M.
Laura M.

"A unique doc management environment"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Paper turned out to be a pretty unusual twist on Google Docs, Microsoft Office and similar tools. You get the usual Dropbox experience - clean, swift and very intuitive - plus all that one might find in an app similar to Notion. Paper gives you a canvas that you turn in what you need - it can be a traditional word document, an excel-like spreadsheet, a media canvas with embedded videos and pictures all with a layer of team collaboration spread across. Overall, it's a pretty unique tool with no restrictions or limitations of a traditional paper.

What do you dislike?

Dropbox is a relatively new app. Because of it, there are occasional bugs and errors when trying to reach/open the embedded media files, i.e. pictures and video. This doesn't happen very often and other than that the app is very fluid and stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox Paper is a really cool app you need to try in order to appreciate. I suggest you move at least one of your departments to Paper to test the waters but be prepared to make it your new documents hub.

Dropbox Paper has become a collaboration hub for all our team. Using it, keeping my team mates on the same page is a very simple task and brainstorming has become significantly more creative when we can log all came up with.

Dropbox Paper review by Jose manuel A.
Jose manuel A.

" To work as a team"

What do you like best?

It is an easy and intuitive, collaborative interface tool that facilitates teamwork, since it allows us to share documents among several people and edit them and with the option to see the changes that have been made in the document or file and if necessary You can go back to an earlier version, we can also examine the comments added by each one and it is absolutely private because we control who can access them, they tell you when they leave a comment in one of the documents or when they mention you in some document. .

What do you dislike?

It offers little space in your cloud with respect to other sites of the same characteristics. You must have good communication when editing the documents at the same time because, you run the risk that two copies of the file or document are created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox Paper allows you to insert YouTube videos, Facebook posts, Google Drive documents, Maps, among others.

You can export documents created in .docx or markdown format.

It allows collaborative work, which facilitates the realization of the company's projects within the established time and this application also allows to manage specific tasks such as the collection of ideas, make project reports or manage meetings, in preset format.

Dropbox Paper review by Marien M.
Marien M.

"Storage tool, focused on group projects"

What do you like best?

It is a free tool, which offers 2 GB of storage, very useful, easy to use, that allows me to share documents with colleagues or other authorized people, which facilitates collaboration in work or assigned projects regardless of the location of collaborators. When changes are made in the files or documents, the folders are automatically updated in addition, it is ideal for saving heavy files that may occupy space on the disk of my pc, that is, it is my virtual hard disk and it is an option to make backup copies of files safely and easily accessible and I can synchronize with my google account. Offers applications for Windows operating systems, Linux among others..

What do you dislike?

You need to have an internet connection to access the files and this platform has problems to play audio or videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent tool for project management among several people.

It is ideal for backing up files safely and easily accessible so, if the personal PC or the company's PC fails for any reason, you can access all your files on Dropbox.

Dropbox Paper review by Praveer M.
Praveer M.

"Love to use dropbox paper"

What do you like best?

it is simlple software for quick note taking. it has basic function for note taking. I can make table, put videos and pictures, make section headings, number points, bullet points. My first impression about drop box was wow. it has very simple process to install. It is aslo easily avaliable for android developers.

What do you dislike?

there nothing in this software to dislike. It is very easy to use and quick note taking and make easily word file etc. Paper is for note taking to put your ideas and to share your notes with others. I would suggest to every one to use this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes, I would strongly recommend to every one for using this software

I can easily make notes and wordfiles. I feel while using paper. it is useful & beautiful. it is beautiful interface to work with this. It will help us to save more papers. it is better than the latex and google docs which are difficult to use. It is best software. It help to make presentation notes. Like if we are travelling or we dont have copy or pen that it helps us a lot make quick notes. if I am using in my andriod mobile. this automatically access the all the avalible documents. this is help us to recvoer the docs very easily. there is one more option , for making your list of "things to do"....

Dropbox Paper review by Greg G.
Greg G.

"Dropbox Paper is probably my favorite editor, but as no one uses it, I don't either"

What do you like best?

The design is by far the best on the market because Dropbox realized that creating content is more important than spending your time on how it looks. They take care of all of the formatting and all you have to do is login and start writing.

What do you dislike?

No one uses it. Sure, some businesses do, but I find I use it more because I like the environment and how it works - not because my boss told me too. It's great for small papers, but the (admittedly fantastic) collaboration tools are useless if you don't have someone to collaborate with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great when others use it - it's okay otherwise. The design makes me wish I could stick around, but Google Drive has everyone beat on collaboration. I suppose it is worth trying - it's not all that expensive.

I've used it to edit documents, but not much else.

Dropbox Paper review by Frank R.
Frank R.

"The next generation of productivity apps"

What do you like best?

Dropbox paper is just amazing!

I was never a fan of Dropbox as a filestoring and sharing solution. But our team gave a try to Dropbox paper adnd are loving it. Paper is everything you need and want it to be - from simple text docs, to complex excel-like spreadsheets and rich media canvaces. We've using it for nearly everything and I can't state enough how good and polished the app is!

What do you dislike?

Not much. Paper is generally an awesome all-in-one service, but it gets a little bit complicated when it comes to the products design and features. At the moment it's probably too novel, so not many people can use its potential to the fullest. There was some natural resistance when we've decided to move to Paper, but it was worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give a try to the new way of managing your documents and you're never going back!

Keeping, storing and managing virtually any kind of internal documentation we have inside our team.

Dropbox Paper review by YULIMAR T.
YULIMAR T.

" It is a tool for the safekeeping of documents in an easy-to-use digital way"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent option to protect documents digitally and images and videos

You have an option to edit the documents stored in the cloud online, you do not need to download the document. It has a mobile application that allows you to synchronize the cloud from your cell phone

Safe and reliable

What do you dislike?

Despite being one of my first options for safeguarding my personal documents, it has a capacity limitation to protect the information, for example if I want to upload a video that occupies a space of more than 2GB it would occupy all the space of my cloud according to my free basic package

Recommendations to others considering the product

They must evaluate all the packages that dropbox offers before buying, according to the needs of backing materials

In this cloud I have the backing of all my text documents as well as the scanner backup, of all my personal documents

Dropbox Paper review by Ale P.
Ale P.

"Great for Collaborative Documents!"

What do you like best?

I just started using this and I must say its very easy to do collaborations. So multiple people can change the documents. So if you are working on a project with multiple collaborators then this is a great tool, one it's easy to share the files and easy to change the documents. It handles frequent changes with ease. It's more informal and great for throwing around ideas with a group of people. A good way to view it is how wikipedia is, multiple people can edit a page and change things accordingly.

What do you dislike?

It's not a page editor like Google Docs or Microsoft Office, I wish it had a little more to it. You can't really change much to it, especially if you are trying to jazz up a document and work in the creative field, presentation is key. It's very boring to edit since it's very streamlined and simple. You can't change the font, or paragraph styles, or headers, or footers, or spacing. It's mainly for simple doc changes and memos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and it works if you are a current dropbox user. So all you have to do is login into your dropbox and you can access your dropbox paper from there. I love having things in one place instead of accessing different programs.

Everyone can work on their projects and also collaborate and add their input on their own time, so the pressure is off. It's great because even though you can't change much, with a document that a lot of people can collaborate and change that's a good thing making it easier for everyone when it's super simple and straight forward.

Dropbox Paper review by Alyce B.
Alyce B.

"Thorough, easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ability to have files stored and anyone can work on them from anywhere. We had someone that was out of the country while we were designing our booth setup and she was able to log in and give her opinion on the project.

What do you dislike?

if there is a problem, you have to email customer service, you can't contact them on the phone to get an immediate answer. At one point we had a scenario where documents seemed to have disappeared that were uploaded, and we had to submit an email to get help, it would have been better if I could have just called and talked to someone in tech support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Affordable software that meets most small business needs. Is also a great option for network marketing teams to collaborate on sales strategies because each individual promoter can easily afford the subscription and work together from wherever they are located on projects. In some cases, smaller teams can even work together with the free 2GB of storage, but the $100 annual subscription is affordable to just about all independent contractor teams or small business owners. The number of people on Dropbox also make it one of the best because it is easy to connect with thos eon your team and others.

We have had no business problems, the benefits allow us to work collaboratively in a virtual setting so everyone can work on the project remotely at their convenience.

Dropbox Paper review by Erin O.
Erin O.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

ropbox is a great solution for sharing files via the cloud, but in terms of providing a set of collaborative editing tools, it’s lagged behind rivals Google Apps for Work and Office 365 for some time now.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t compare with Google Docs or Microsoft Office. It doesn’t have anything like the control over formatting or pagination needed for a document you intend to publish. One font. No paragraph styles. No headers or footers. No section or multi-level paragraph numbers. No cross-references. no indexes or TOCs. No diagrams, just images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The main problem about Dropbox Paper, Google Docs and almost everything else is that they are stuck into an old-school hierarchy for storing data. They are based on files and folders.

What Dropbox Paper should be compared to, is a Wiki, where it is a real alternative. No need to learn Markdown or WikiText, just edit right on the page. Drag an image onto the page - no need to upload it to a library first. Supports easy linking to other pages, and external documents (e.g. in Dropbox), images or videos. Simple searching across all pages. It also allows you to add review or to-do notes alongside the text. It displays a snip of your linked PDF or Office document, but does not attempt to be a substitute for them.

Learning about Dropbox Paper?

* We monitor all Dropbox Paper reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.