Do you work for Dropbox Paper?

Dropbox Paper Reviews & Product Details

What is Dropbox Paper?

Paper is a lightweight, web-based, word processing tool from Dropbox.

Dropbox Paper Profile Details

Dropbox Paper Reviews

1-50 of 4182 total Dropbox Paper reviews

Dropbox Paper Reviews

1-50 of 4182 total Dropbox Paper reviews
Dropbox Paper review by Kristen H.
Customer Service Representative
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"The best Tasks organizer without doubts"

What do you like best?

I love the easy way to edit my documents from the comfort of my office since receiving thousands of messages from customers a day is a very complex job but Paper dropbox has been my salvation and it is very easy to create an account and customize the program to everyone's pleasure.

What do you dislike?

I do not have big complaints about the interfaces of the program, but I've noticed that, from the mobile application, the editing of documents is quite limited and gives a totally different impression and of lower quality than the desktop version. But this does not prevent it from being great, just ask Dropbox to dedicate more time to the application and come with an update that resolves those little details that the mobile version has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your work is customer service. Believe me that Dropbox web is the best Online Document Publishing program and you can assign tasks in an organized way to keep the documents as in an online hand shelf that simplifies the response time clients need to resolve their complaints. I recommend you try it and you will see that I am right

In my area of work, I am responsible for serving the public and providing a solution to their questions and problems, so this program helps me a lot in the organization of each document I receive and I have better control of each user and, therefore, For this reason, Dropbox Papernos helps maintain order in the customer service area, since it makes us more efficient to solve our clients' problems and to assign tasks and edit files without the need to very heavy programs that require time.

Dropbox Paper review by Chris B.
Customer Service Representative
(10,001+ employees)

"Good tool. But it lacks many improvements"

What do you like best?

Great tool of work, the system of update is almost in real time, the possibilities of generating different types of information immediately are very good. If you add a plugin to view files, SketchUp would be the standard tool.

What do you dislike?

II tried it from the web and it generated great enthusiasm, the incredibly basic app, practically works in single view mode, when from the mobile it is the place where it is most needed to have all the functions. Pity for the mobile part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not want to be hard because the tool, despite the minimum faults that it presents, has good potential if they are solved on time, so if you need a tool to help you with your documents in your office you should try Dropbox Paper web version

This tool in spite of having some faults that have to be corrected. It helps me to keep all the documents that I need to have up to date for my company since I receive many customer documents up to date and the easiest way to access them in a quick way is with this tool and that is why I have faith that it will be improved

Dropbox Paper review by Paola S.
Senior Media Manager

"With Dropbox Paper, managing projects is so simple."

What do you like best?

What I like the most is its notification center that lets me know when someone shares a text document with me. In the same way the service allows me to insert videos from you tube or from Facebook just by copying the URL of the file I want to show and paste it into the document.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it may seem a bit limited because it focuses mostly on text documents. However within the functions offered I think it meets the expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you search in simple file organizer and without many complications I think that DropBox Paper is the solution. It's worth trying. Encourage yourself

With Dropbox Paper we have a file archiver in the cloud thanks to which our records are safe. The time of the great physical filing cabinets that occupied space in the office was left behind. Today thanks to technology we can save space thanks to tools such as Dropbox Paper.

Dropbox Paper review by Steven B.
Software Engineer

"Dropbox paper, Work with your team"

What do you like best?

I found a good application for the creation of diagrams and to translate ideas that can be shared later with your team. The application works exclusively in the cloud, unlike the dropbox application for storing documents. I also liked the possibility it offers to connect to your google account, which avoids losing registration time and you can also import documents easily from google drive.

The application has a very simple interface (maybe too much) so it is not difficult to learn to use the application, with just a few buttons we can start creating and sharing.

The doucments synchronize really fast so when a member of the group has edited something the rest can immediately see the result on your screen with hardly more delay than the one that adds your connection to the internet.

What do you dislike?

Although simplicity is always appreciated in applications one has the feeling that even things or options are missing.

I also did not like anything that can not share my Paper Notes documents that are in my dropbox account when there are other applications that give this possibility, it seemed incredible that this option was not available being both services of the same company

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Dropbox paper only if you are looking for an easy way to share files in the cloud with other people without any security risk. You should also know that it is possible to add video, audio and images to the contrary than other applications similar to this one.

I needed an application to share and collect information in conjunction with my team and Dropbox paper we could do it easily and quickly. Besides we can share all the information with each other without problems.

Dropbox Paper review by Chelsey S.
Researcher

"Don't Drop Dropbox Paper"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to access, make and edit files. I can easily add student data and write reports. Its similar to google doc but I believe its easier to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of storage. There should be more storage to upload more files. I can only store a certain amount of files. And can only download a certain amount too. Anyone can easily buy more storage but its a problem to actually know how much storage you will need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox is great as theres an app to ensure easy usage on Mac computers.

Dropbox Paper, helps me write research report and easily send them to other to review. Its easy to add people to a files, so they can edit or view it with you. I can also set reminders for meetings. I have also realized the other features Dropbox Paper has like making templates and meeting notes.

Dropbox Paper review by fabiola e.
Supervisor de soporte de TI

" document editing tool s"

What do you like best?

It is a super useful tool for our academic studies because it allows us to edit documents easily and simply, I like it is a tool used on the web and therefore I can access from any computer with Internet connection, I like that I do not need to perform a complicated installation is very simple at the time of use, I like that I do not need a computer with higher resources with basic functions renders perfectly

I like that when you have a premium account the amacenamiuento and privileges increase and

I like that someone can be named or cited for that person to see a notification (if he has to review a document or a section, or if you have questions to consult him, for example). This is very useful especially if the document is shared with enough people and you need one in particular to review what you want.

What do you dislike?

Because everything that depends on the cloud, Dropbox Paper needs an internet connection to be updated for what you write or edit for others to see; as what others write and edit so that you see it is to say that this tool depends clearly on the connection to the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That they realize a version that allows me to have a local endorsement so to be able to accede to my documents of local way and when it has access to Internet to be able to raise them to the cloud

Add all the documents you already had in a moment and synchronize them.

Dropbox Paper review by Emilie  C.
Student assistant

"SO helpful"

What do you like best?

It keeps me completely organized. Paper's all around me give me so much anxiety and I love having them all in one place instead of scattered.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it is easy to use once you get the hang of it, and keeps everything in its place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I reccomend spending time using the product to get used to it. A lot of people may be warry of switching from paper to online, but it is very helpful in the long run. It is more environmentally friendly, it saves your items so you do not loose them, it organizes things in folders for you so you do not have papers everywhere, and it saves me from shredding. I would just suggest getting used to it and try and convert as many things as possible to dropbox instead of printing.

It helps keep all things organized within our office and it is so easy to share papers in the office and with other departments.

Dropbox Paper review by Charles M.

"Creative documents with Dropbox Paper"

What do you like best?

We love Dropbox Paper because we can create, edit and share our documents and presentations, and even integrate it with a cloud service with Dropbox, all in one place. In addition, it is an excellent tool to work and collaborate as a team. It is very easy to use and implement our work with this tool, in addition to exploiting our creativity by integrating third-party programs.

What do you dislike?

Of the things that we do not like we can mention the limited storage space, we believe that this can be improved since there are other programs that in your free plan can offer a little or many more and thus have more space to store our documents. The second thing we can mention is that the spelling correction tool is missing, this is FUNDAMENTAL for which we do not want to go through an embarrassing situation and finally, that in the mobile device you can not enable the edition of presentations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to work and collaborate as a team, edit, organize and synchronize your presentations and documents online, this is undoubtedly the program that we can recommend.

We have been able to benefit a lot with this tool, we have been able to work very well as a team and being in different places. We have been able to free our creativity by integrating different tools when working as Youtube, Trello, Spotify, Facebook and many more, which has allowed us to create unique and eye-catching documents and presentations for our internal business work.

Dropbox Paper review by Roberto Antonio P.
Business Analyst
Telecommunications
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Dropbox Paper is a reliable file storage service at a competitive price."

What do you like best?

I can say many positive things about Dropbox Paper. One of them is the ability to synchronize each of my files and folders. Its operation is very simple which allows any user to use it without major problem. The price is the best in the market.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when making an edit simultaneously with another user, conflicting copies are generated, which delays the work. For the rest I am pleased with Dropbox Paper

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a service that optimally improves your commercial practices at a fair price, I think that Dropbox Paper is the best alternative. Your technical support is acceptable. Try this service. Worth it.

Dropbox Paper has saved us time and money. To be a collaborative service that is supported on a cloud, we can access it from any place which allows the whole team to make their contributions from different sites without having to travel long distances, for example.

Dropbox Paper review by Juan Ignacio C.
Analista de recursos humanos
(5001-10,000 employees)

"The best cloud to store and share files"

What do you like best?

What I like most about DropBox Paper is that it offers the possibility to exchange files and store them in a simple and simple way. The synchronization between the shared folders is effective. I can access the cloud from any device as long as I have access to the internet. Really DropBox paper is a very good service.

What do you dislike?

I think it offers a very small storage space in its basic and free version. No doubt the quality has a price, however I think it could be taken to at least 6 GB of free space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support the technical support before any problem that may arise. It really is very good and the attention is unbeatable

The biggest benefit that DropBox Paper has given us has been to strengthen teamwork as well as communication. There is nothing like having the opportunity to work online almost simultaneously on a project or work paper. With DropBox Paper this has been possible.

Dropbox Paper review by Socorro P.
Asistente personal

"editing of documentary equipment"

What do you like best?

What is an application that allows the modification of files or documents in real time is to say that you can edit it online and also you can share it with a partner in case you need a comment what I like most is that it allows you to work in team .another thing that I like is that it is not necessary to install some application to make use of the tool, it is important to know that it also has enough space in the cloud

What do you dislike?

I disguise that it does not allow you to upload single images or any format to your folders and that Paper is limited to offering text documents and does not allow the creation of spreadsheets or questionnaires to culminate I think that what I dislike most is that a file cabinet in which we can only have documents

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take from this tool the variety that offers a series of pre-generated templates such as meeting minutes, ideas session or overview of a project.

we have managed to solve the edition of reports, since we have worked as a team to place the file available and among several people we are adding and editing to meet the requirements, we have used the fabulous labels are very complete and the emoticons to give a little joy to activity and To culminate I also like that it is your notification center, where you will be told when someone shares something with you, when they leave a comment in one of the documents, or when they mention you in a project or document that you have not created yourself. In fact, when creating comments in documents, each one will generate a small chat box in which to hold conversations and not just make simple comments.

Dropbox Paper review by Miguel R.
Customer Support

"Storage of information through DropBox Paper"

What do you like best?

The dropbox is an excellent application to share folders one by one, it has an intelligent application to upload files, you can view photos online, it is easily integrated with the operating system that we have, a virtual hard disk in which we can work freely, in most of computers, we just need to have Internet. A very practical aspect is to share files with anyone without having them added, its interface is clean and we can send the files through a link, and that's it.

What do you dislike?

The dropbox can only be synchronized within the folder called My Dropbox, which is created automatically, when sharing files, we can not alter them in that same moment, because they can be duplicated, this network in the cloud only works with devices Iphone.Only we can access if we have internet, without connection there is no possibility of access to data and applications in the cloud

The dropbox is more focused on group projects than individual, subtract a bit, however if it is very timely and facilitates things when we want to do exactly that. A limitation of DropBox Paper is its limitation in only offering text documents. We have concentrated on using it, given that it has a variety of pre-generated templates for meetings, ideas or a project. The Notification center is a great positive aspect, which keeps us alert when an information arrives. When we create comments in the documents, a small chat box is displayed where we talk, without limitations.

Dropbox Paper review by Francismar V.
Avs

"One note makes the difference!"

What do you like best?

In the business environment it is important to be the number one, for this it is necessary to have the relevant tools to facilitate teamwork and ensure the greatest creative contribution by the entire team, in my case in the administrative department Dropbox Paper has been the solution to many problems, the simple fact of being able to take a file that has Dropbox and be able to edit it live with my colleagues at work is an immense help, each idea of ​​a partner is worth a lot and it is gratifying to have your opinion in each We work as a team, that's why I love Dropbox Paper and it's definitely here to stay. Up to the moment it is the best and I am sure that your technical team will continue to guarantee that.

What do you dislike?

The possibilities offered by platform is almost infinite for that reason there is nothing that I do not like about it, it is quite nice, I would like to have a little more storage capacity for those days of quite a lot of file traffic. Of rest there is no other site to see, you just have to use Dropbox paper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to grow and think about the comfort of the user, as they have been doing.

Many times we have to meet as a team to brainstorm or make suggestions among departments about future administrative activities, now we simply all meet via Dropbox from different sites and save time and guarantee quality in each project.

Dropbox Paper review by Wilmer P.
Investigador

"Dropbox Paper is the best tool to create content"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Dropbox Paper is that it offers a simple interface that allows any user to handle it with ease. Similarly, the possibility of adding images, links and tables is very functional. Another element in favor is that I can access Dropbox Paper from any device, which allows me to work from the office, the home or even the street.

What do you dislike?

I think that its main limitation compared to other alternatives in the market is that it only offers the possibility of creating text documents while the competition allows, for example, to prepare spreadsheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend 100% to DropBox Paper as the best alternative to other collaborative sofwares on the market. It is easy to handle and if there is any doubt in the way there are a few tutorials on the WEB that could help us as well as their technical support that is always ready to help us

Thanks to DropBox Paper, team work within the office has been greatly enhanced. In the same way we save time and money because we can work from different places in the same document.

Dropbox Paper review by Ankit P.
Student

"Dropbox Review"

What do you like best?

The convenience of dropbox and the ability to share documents with one another. It is easy to send and receive files as well as collaborate with others. I also like that I can log in with my google account and have everything tied together instead of having to create a separate account.

What do you dislike?

This product is very useful for professionals but is not utilized enough by them. Maybe try to target this specific demographic a little more and demonstrate to them the benefits that it can bring to their company or organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of use is hard to beat. Consider the benefits and the barriers stopping you from using it. It is very convenient as well and allows for not only ease on the users, but the final product will be better because of it.

Just the ability to collaborate with others allows not only for convenience and ease, but better communication and final product. We use this product within our school and class to share documents and files with each other to help us enrich our learning process. We share notes with each other as well as other study tools such as tables and charts some people make, spreadsheets, powerpoint slides. In addition, potentially also sharing lecture recordings from instructors so that we have access to the direct words spoken about topics. Being able to share a variety of file types has been crucial for us.

Dropbox Paper review by Cole D.
Pharmacy Intern
Hospital & Health Care

"Ease of Access"

What do you like best?

Just how smooth and accessible everything is. The organization is amazing, this is the easiest product to use with all your important material in one place. The ease of syncing material through my phone is a great feature. Collaborating on documents is so easy, there's no confusion about projects. It's great to be able to comment what needs to be finished and easily view edits. This is an amazing product that needs to be pushed forward to all large organizations. My collaborators, co-workers, and colleagues all believe this is much easier than the product we were using before.

What do you dislike?

That not everyone at my institution gets the value of Dropbox. I don't have a bad thing to say about the service. Nothing in life is truly free, but the only way this could be any better is if it were. I don't think there's much else that needs to be improved upon when it comes to Dropbox Paper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't consider Dropbox Paper, just use it.

Providing strong collaborative efforts on large projects. There's been a major increase in productivity and input by team members. I've seen team members contribute far more than before using Dropbox. The greatest benefit I've noticed has been the ability for collaborators to view edits, comment on what needs to get done, and just how smoothly each project gets done.

Dropbox Paper review by Amokrane T.
Marketing Consultant

"The old king is weakened, long live the new king "

What do you like best?

I switched from the old king Evernote -that I still use as my personnal note-taking app- to Paper as a beta user back then. As a Medium author, I was already accustomed to that writting experience so the transition was rather easy.

I like the fact that you can import all sorts of files and it also works with code snipets and import tag.

The best feature for me is the sharing options. You can share a file with your colleagues and allow them to edit a document. They can add contextual comments which is also very nice.

What do you dislike?

I would like to share my Paper notes in my Dropbox Files folders. When I work on a project, I share a lot of files: word, excel, ppt, indesign....so I put everything in the same Dropbox folder and share it. I would like to be able to add my Paper notes in that folder. Box.com lets you do it so why not Dropbox ? I also would love my tasks to appear in a kanban board rather than a list. If Dropbox doesn't do it, which is probably the case, it would be great to see a third-party dev do that if the APIs are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please, do not use Paper as a file deposit note. There is a cool tool called Dropbox for such things.

We needed something to gather knowlege and a tool for collaboration. Slite is a great tool but Dropbox Paper integrates seamlesly with Dropbox so we decided to useh Dropbox Paper.

Dropbox Paper review by Gordon W H.
Digital Project Manager

"Slick, but limited collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

If Dropbox is your repository for files and documents, Dropbox Paper is a great tool to aide in the discussion, collaboration and documentation of edits, conversations and anything else that needs recorded.

What do you dislike?

While Paper is available as part of your Business Plan, I don't like that they are treated as two separate applications. That is, Paper documents cannot be saved within Dropbox folders. So if I want to have a single file structure in Dropbox, I need to apply that structure on the Dropbox section and the Dropbox Paper section of my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to become very familiar with what you want to get out of the product, because the limitations are there. If you are looking for Dropbox to become the only solution and not supplement any existing tools you might be using, like Google Drive/Docs or Office, then even the fledgling nature of Paper might be appealing.

Documenting processes, meetings and project conversations to encourage problem solving and increase productivity. Also documenting repeatable processes so that new folks have a resource for common questions they might have.

Dropbox Paper review by Anthony N.
Coordinador de soporte técnico

"Secure solution that users love to store and share files"

What do you like best?

That I can share my files, photos, applications, music, etc. safely in the cloud and besides that I can see them from my mobile device thanks to the dropbox application.

What do you dislike?

They only give you 5gb of free storage. Increase free storage capacity would attract more amount of public to finalize the tool.

Also the free version has no other additional function but only share and upload files, should add more features to interact more with the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Currently I have more than 4 years with files stored within this cloud and they are still there intact, reliability is what I like the most.

Dropbox is one of the best known and used solutions in the market since it makes obsolete the fact of keeping our files stored directly in our computer, the fact of keeping our files in the cloud gives us the advantage of keeping our computer cleaner with respect to the fact that with just a couple of clicks we can get those files out of local storage and host them in the cloud and view them from anywhere in the world.

Have the option to share and store files safely without risk that such information may be lost or manipulated by third parties without authorization. That other users can only see the files that I want to share.

Dropbox Paper review by Mark M.

"Dropbox Paper the best for document editing"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Paper is an excellent program that helps you create, edit and share documents and presentations in the cloud. It is ideal for working as a team because you can edit documents in real time with several people, you can also define editing roles and use this fabulous tool on your desktop, as in your phone through an application and so have everything at hand and synchronized.

What do you dislike?

Dropbox Paper has been very useful for us and has practically become our favorite tool for editing documents, so we can not really say that we do not like Paper, we can only mention that its free plan can be improved including more space (since this program works in conjunction with Dropbox), the rest is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many reasons why I recommend this program. It is simple to use, easy to create documents and presentations, you can instantly share your documents and files with other people and work with other collaborators. You can add sound, video and images, you can also implement other tools such as Youtube, Vimeo and many more. You can find the outstanding editing options such as bold text, numbering, add hyperlinks, underlined text, add comments, assign tasks, synchronize your files with the calendars and many other things.

This program has helped us to work faster and as a team, to share our creativity when creating presentations. You have to work in a simpler, integrated, minimalist and cleaner space, like Dropbox Paper. We can simply say that we find everything in the same place that allows us to work comfortably.

Dropbox Paper review by Dmitriy B.
Vice President
Higher Education

"A good tool, fast and easy for quick documents"

What do you like best?

The best is the clean interface that is not cluttered with any icons and menus. Take some time to get used to it, especially if you started with any Office suit or online google/msdocs or similar. Another nice feature is the keyboard shortcuts link; access to sharing is fast and is always there - but with options limited to view by all via link or limited to few by link.

Another nice feature is the ability to embed different media like videos or virtually anything from common formats that one can store on dropbox. Templatization is a handy one too for standard-format documents like letterheads and similar.

What do you dislike?

Limited formatting features is the largest noteseable drawback. While on one hand it makes an easy start for a new person using it, some 'advanced' outline may be a good idea for writing anything more then memos and letters. A good spell-check integration is also very useful tool, best would be some grammar suggestions as not everyone knows how to put those pesky commas and semicolons properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, may work for you better then alternatives!

Normally its the papers rotation within office, memos, letters, information and simple ad flyers. Another moment is the collaboration on the more complicated documents in terms of the context - after its settled, someone has to export as .docx and do the manual formatting required.

Dropbox Paper review by Jody E. S.
Freelance Proofreader
Publishing
(Myself Only)

"Fast and easy way to keep track of business notes!"

What do you like best?

Between desktop and app features, it's one click to get in and one click to select the page I want to add to (or simply create a new note). Super easy and I have full access on both platforms!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a tile or icon view instead of only a list view - it bugs me to scroll a long way down to find a note from last month (and half the time I zone out and miss what I was looking for, lol).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a powerhouse, but the ease of use is well worth utilizing! I may use another program for 5% or less of my note-gathering needs, but DBPaper is tops since I access it daily.

I started a new business last year and as I am learning the technical processes, marketing avenues, and other facets, I'm able to keep all my notes - quickly and easily - in one spot. I have also been able to share notes with collaborators and collect feedback!

Dropbox Paper review by Kevin K.
Consult

"Our great experience working with Dropbox Paper"

What do you like best?

Undoubtedly Dropbox Paper is an excellent simple, modern and updated program that allows our team to create, edit and share documents in real time. It is an easy to use program that allows us to work collaboratively and creatively from anywhere. It has excellent tools for collaborators, creatives and presenters, since it is a program that can be used in different ways or according to the need of each work to be done.

What do you dislike?

Dropbox Paper is a program with too many positive aspects to highlight, but something that we think can improve is free storage that offers only 2G compared to other similar programs that can offer much more, if Dropbox can improve this aspect would be a perfect program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only thing that we can recommend for Dropbox Paper to be a complete program and even better than other programs of the competition, is that they provide a better amount of storage in the cloud, since 2GB is not enough for the companies that are starting.

This program has given us the opportunity to work in teams simultaneously and in real time. We can easily integrate it with other tools such as Airtable, Youtube, Vimeo, Github and many more. In addition to that, we can assign important roles for editing, such as the role of collaborator and the role of editor. And we can not overlook that it is a useful tool to create presentations.

Dropbox Paper review by Fred A.
Consult

"My experience using Dropbox Paper at work"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Paper has been an excellent tool that helps us to do creative and team work. We can do collaborative work in real time and online, assign tasks, edit documents and everything from one place. In addition to being a good place to store files in the cloud. It also gives us the opportunity to create roles for work in the team, as Creators and Collaborators. It has a simple and minimalist style, when it comes to work it seems an eternal and infinite sheet of paper that accepts many types of content.

What do you dislike?

Dropbox Paper for the time being has been able to meet the needs of our company by working online and in real time with our team, but we believe that it can improve a bit in terms of storage, such as for free plans only offer 2 GB, while other companies offer a little more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We could recommend improving the storage plan in the free plans and for new companies that use this product.

We are sharing files, assigning tasks, editing documents in real time and as a team. Dropbox Paper offers everything in one place. One of the best points of Dropbox Paper is its support to embed multimedia content from 29 websites. For instance, if you’re a designer, you may find the InVision, Figma, Framer, Lucidchart or Marvel integrations useful. If you’re a coder, you might get some use out of its integrations with Gist and Github.

Dropbox Paper review by Emily N.

"Easy for everyone!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is for people to use and the consistency of the product. You can look at previously deleted files, you can edit, see your edits, see others edits, and being able to meet and go over our tasks for the day or the week even if we're not in the same place, city, or sometimes even country makes it easy and useful for all of us to stay up to date on what needs to be done.

What do you dislike?

Lots of updates too frequently, and if you have many projects on the go like we do, it would be nice to have easier ways to access those files rather than going into files finding a file and then clicking it to get into another file. One click would be more convenient.

As a team that is not always together this is useful for us to be able to get our information and updates to eachother without actually being together. It's easy for everyone to use, and we can manage our tasks for the day clearly and when we have due dates they can be assigned on there to a certain person making it easier for us to not have to go out of our way to find them to tell them when something needs to be done.

Dropbox Paper review by JOSE JR A.
ESTUDIANTE DE LIC. INFORMATICA
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Dropbox paper tool for collaborative work. "

What do you like best?

Paper is a Dropbox tool that I use constantly since it facilitates the editing and creation of text files, allowing me to manage documents and carry out projects individually or in groups through invitations.

It also offers a notification center that keeps me updated on changes in shared documents, with the option of being able to make comments which facilitates communication between people who are working through a chat.

It also allows the insertion of images, YouTube videos, Maps, Instagram files and Facebook within the document just by copying and pasting the link, I also have at my disposal the control bar by generated line to make any change in the document.

What do you dislike?

It is a tool oriented to the edition of text files so it does not allow uploading images, videos or any other type of format, besides I have not managed to upload a file already created from the computer, which delays the development of the project or work that is is doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The templates offered are a point in favor being innovative and practical but not only offers but allows me to create my own templates to facilitate the development of various documents in the future.

Being a tool oriented to text editing in a collaborative way allows streamlining projects especially when starting from scratch and having a template to manage projects we can set goals in time, assign specific tasks and detail the development of the project in question .

Dropbox Paper review by Stacy B.
Graphic Designer

"Dropbox Paper"

What do you like best?

I love that I can now add things similar to google docs to my dropbox account. I can setup things sort of like spreadsheets and keep all content related to the project together. You can add notes and to do lists in a long running stream. I also like the mentions.

What do you dislike?

Downside is that there is not much aesthetically that you can change. There are no different fonts or colors to highlight so when you start getting a lot of information in there at once, things can get muddied and it can be overwhelming to look at. Don't think you can collaborate with users that have no dropbox though.... It requires a dropbox account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to manage a small scale project that can reference documents you currently store on dropbox or be able to mention people (who have a dropbox account) to let them know about things or ask them questions, Dropbox Paper does allow some level of collaboration that is nice.

It was a good way to collaborate with current dropbox users. I like the fact that you can mention people and it automatically emails them with a notification. On a small scale project, this would be perfect.

Dropbox Paper review by Ryan K.
Medical Physicist
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Dropbox Paper: Better than Google Docs!"

What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate and the built-in organization is top notch. The ability to manage all of my documents that I'm using between a variety of collaborators and keep them all organized is a much needed feature that was not available in the previous software solution we were using.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to use a web browser. For data protection purposes, we are unable to install the Dropbox App, and we have been working with Informatics to enable us to use it on our hospital computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Try implementing it within your work group on a trial basis and you will be pleasantly surprised I think.

Collaborating with other people on writing a paper or presentation is a breeze. There is no need to worry about sending copies through e-mail and endlessly cluttering your computer and not knowing which one is the most current! It's simplified the process for co-authors of papers. It's also very easy to integrate new members and projects. Working with doctors, who have very little time, is a cinch as the software is so easy to use and readily accessible from anywhere.

Dropbox Paper review by Beatrice M.
Communication Manager
Research

"Dropbox Paper -Document creation made easier"

What do you like best?

This software is mainly used in the communication department .We use the software in creation of document.Earlier before installing the software we had really hard time in integrating data from outside in our document. Since using Drop box paper were able integrate external content and still maintain the document alignment. We are now able to easily copy and paste images from external sources comfortably.Another thing is that the software makes it possible for multiple users to work in the same document in real time.With the software i am able to make quick who in my team was supposed to receive certain information.

What do you dislike?

the software lacks the format to either underline, italicize or change the font of the document

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox paper is an easy to use platform that enabled me in documentation and communication in the office.Try the free version and you will see how good it is.

Dropbox paper helped us in document formation and team collaboration on working on same document in real time.

Dropbox Paper review by Alexe J.
Photographer
Animation

"Dropbox is Boss"

What do you like best?

Dropbox paper is easy to use and that is my favorite part about it! Also, it is really a fast way to collaborate with pretty much anyone with an email. And since Everyone knows dropbox, Usually everyone already has an email with Google and that is the best way to sign in. I like that everyone knows how to use it usually when I bring it up to them. I also like that Dropbox paper has templates that you can use to create your documents, like "Brainstorm", "meeting notes" and project plan. I also like that you also have the ability to create folders. There are also tabs that say "All", "Starred, "Docs" and "folders". There is also a feature in the Docs where you can add links to photos and videos, which is cool because you can't do that with regular Word or email or paint. They have a flowing format which is easy to use and they offer a lot of tools for working together, like inviting people to edit the doc!

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike the most about Dropbox Paper, is that the layout is very boring and the colors are not that great, in my opinion. I would like more customizable page features. Also, I am not sure if you can change text fonts and colors and size, but I can not find that right away. It is very simple and besides all those awesome features I mentioned before, there are not many other features, in my opinion. It allows you to do a few things but that's it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it if you are trying to do simple collaborations with one other person. Otherwise I think it gets confusing. I would recommend it simply because I do not know what else is available out there. I have used this product for awhile, at least regular dropbox, and I find most people find it easy to use. Maybe I am a bit more complicated than the average bear, who knows.

We are solving the issue of having to be together, send emails and have storage on our computers. The benefits are the ease of use in collaborating and keeping docs off of our personal computers. It's like the cloud.

Dropbox Paper review by Jeffrey B.
Audio Director
Religious Institutions

"Dropbox is always solid"

What do you like best?

I use dropbox mostly with my band, and it's always been good to us. We can all access our band folders, make changes, save to our computer, pretty much anything. It is very fast and we can all view and listen to the tracks on our smart phones. Before we had dropbox we had to email each track individually and it took entirely too long. I remember times where emailing the album would take all day, now it's pretty much instant and that would have to be my favorite part.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could have more default space, I always have to delete saved files to save more. I like having all of my files. I am able to download the tracks onto my computer, but I really like having all of my files in the same place on my smart phone, and viewing them all at once. That would have to be my least favorite part if I'm being honest. I understand that everyone has to make money, so I understand why the limit is where it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give more default space, I really hate deleting files to make more space

Being able to all access the same files, rather than emailing. Before we used DropBox, we would have to email track at a time, and it took forever to accomplish small tasks, now we can all view the whole album before it drops to make sure its up to par with our standards.

Dropbox Paper review by Daniel H.
Company Owner
Automotive

"Drop box for blackboard"

What do you like best?

I am a college student at Kilgore Jr. college at Kilgore Texas. This semester I took 3 online class and we use Dropbox for our online blackboard classes. It liked that it was simple and integrated into the site and easy to upload to that program.

What do you dislike?

One problem I had was that I uploaded it and it didn't take so I had to upload it again. That was most likely not a programming problem with Dropbox but was a problem with either my internet, web browser or the college's website. Dropbox is geared only for MicrosoftWord and MicrosoftWord is a college requirment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend DropBox Paper since it is used in the highest of learning and tax paid learning institutions.

Business problems I am solving with DropBox Paper and the benefits that I have realized is that if I am teaching an online class then I may ask the students to write a summary or review and obtain it through that problem instead of through some other methods or e-mail.

Dropbox Paper review by Catherine A.
Founder and Principal
Non-Profit Organization Management
(Myself Only)

"Great tool that's hard for luddites"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Paper is a great cloud-based document-editing option, especially for those who eschew using Google Docs for everything. It definitely has made Dropbox a more powerful and flexible tool for online collaboration!

What do you dislike?

For people used to working solely in Microsoft Word, Paper still seems to have a learning curve. I work with small teams of folks with varying levels of technological comfort and no matter how hard I try, we can't all seem to get on the same page when it comes to using Paper. I think it's because Dropbox gives you the option of using Paper or Word Online and options can be too confusing...

I work with small teams on collaborative documents such as grant applications. There's nothing worse than multiple versions of the same document, so a collaborative online editing tool is a must. Dropbox Paper offers a great way for remote teams to work on documents that take many rounds of editing and collaboration.

Dropbox Paper review by Mika R.
ITSS Computer Lab Assistant

"Great for sharing information "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to share documents of all kinds with others. It's pretty intuitive as well. I need to communicate with people in multiple buildings away from my main building, and other forms of document-sharing programs don't work as well as this one. It's easy to use, and does take some getting used to, but I find that it's well worth it in the end and needlessly wordy tutorials aren't always needed, as shown by this program.

What do you dislike?

The website can feel somewhat bare-bones at times. I feel like there could be a wider range of features, which would make it seem more complete and sophisticated. Upon opening and using it for the first time, I couldn't help but feel like it was somewhat like an empty canvas, and I was at a loss on how to start. Tutorials on how to use the program initially didn't feel like they covered enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this program. It's great for communication.

Communicating across the company can be a bit of a challenge, but using this software makes it infinitely easier to send documents to others. It's much more modern and sleek looking than other websites, and I tend to enjoy using it over other programs such as Office 365. Everyone in my department is well-accustomed to it, and it has been much easier for me to be in the loop with everything that goes on.

Dropbox Paper review by Dmitriy U.
Project Manager at MegaIndex