Dropbox Plus

Dropbox Plus is a file storage tool that enables to users to store and share files across devices and users.

Work for Dropbox Plus?

Learning about Dropbox Plus?

Dropbox Plus Reviews

Ask Dropbox Plus a Question
Showing 106 Dropbox Plus reviews
Dropbox Plus review by Emma J.
Emma J.

"Excellent Online Cloud Storage"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Plus offers a good amount of storage for a reasonable cost. (It can get pricey though if you need a lot of storage.) It's easy to sync with your computer, and access things via their website. The best feature of syncing with your laptop is the selective-sync, which lets you choose which folders you actually need at the moment. It's a great way to keep backups of files, or just store projects that I'm not currently working on.

What do you dislike?

It can take a very long time to sync files sometimes. Many times I have to leave it syncing overnight, even though I have very hi-speed internet connections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Dropbox Plus for anyone looking to save backups long-term, and for selective-syncing files to your computer.

I have a small hard drive on my laptop, so using Dropbox Plus allows me to easily store files that I'm not using on a daily basis. It's easy to choose which items I want synced to my laptop, or just stored in the cloud. It's also great for sharing with coworkers and commenting on documents. I'm able to share a draft of things I'm working on and have multiple coworkers comment on various parts of the project so everyone can see everyone else's opinions. I find this part to be a huge benefit over Google Drive. It's far easier to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dropbox Plus
Dropbox Plus review by Erika B.
Erika B.

"Great amount of space and organization abilities!"

What do you like best?

The 1 terabyte of space available on Dropbox Plus is far more than enough for all of my business and personal needs. I am no where near filling it up! It also provides easy ways to organize and receive real-time updates on all important documents.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to organize access by subfolder within a larger folder, but seems you need to share an entire folder with someone to give access. It would be helpful to give certain persons only limited access to folders, but still keep the original organization structure of our folders.

The free Dropbox version did not allow enough space for business needs. We needed a way to share document updates in real-time with multiple team members. This allows all members to access important documents with the most up to date version. Using Dropbox has prevented colleagues from using outdated documents because they always have access to the most up to date versions.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

Dropbox Plus review by Mandy C.
Mandy C.

"My Go To for File Sharing with Clients"

What do you like best?

Dropbox is a fantastic cloud service for sharing files with clients and collaborating with teams on projects. I have also been using it for years to keep my files secure and up-to-date between my own devices such as my desktop, laptop, Wacom and smartphone.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when my clients have a dropbox that they have a minimum size account if I'm the one who's hosting. Since I pay for the space I host for my clients, I think they should be able to access anything I share with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get acquainted with how you share your files with your clients or teammates. Decide whether you want to give them editing privileges or just viewing and downloading.

I have more than enough space for my personal files as well as for my clients or teammates. I am able to access my files between all of my devices anytime, no matter how much space I have on my computers.

Dropbox Plus review by Raymond  D.
Raymond D.

"DROP on in! Great service!"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of this wonderful program would have to be the provided storage amount that is allotted for individuals. It currently offers 1 TB of storage, and for $9.99 a month, it is very much worth it!

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the fact that the professional option for service is double what you pay for the plus feature. I have not yet hit the maximum of what I am given to store information, but I feel that I will very soon. I will need to delete things if I do not upgrade to the higher paid plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great option for students, or those who do not think they will use all of the 1 TB that is provided.

Working in the communication field, there is a lot of video editing that happens. Video files, MP4s, usually are very large, and all of this data needs a place to go. I would normally say that Dropbox is the great place to do this, but again I stress the fact that if you are constantly working on many projects, you may fill up even with the 1 TB option.

Dropbox Plus review by GEM B.
GEM B.

"Dropbox is an easy and neat Storage for all your files to share with the whole team!"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Plus is elegant looking, its really easy to install plus the interface is great. I like that it has this history for like when you do things, like an activity log. Its nice to have this software.

What do you dislike?

considering its function and capabilities, Dropbox Plus maybe expensive, based on your use, if you have massive files and organizing is a hassle , you may really need this and it is worth it.

I have my files organized and secure in one place. Dropbox Plus is a secure storage for important files and other important things. It gives me access to my files from nearly anywhere. that is really helpful since I can work anywhere with Dropbox Plus.

Dropbox Plus review by Serhat U.
Serhat U.

"Worth every penny!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in any device. Just run the setup the installation file and rest assured.

What do you dislike?

Make sure that your system is qualified and strong enough to make the best use of Dropbox Plus. Otherwise, your hardware might be slowed down a bit. CPU use could go up to 60% from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Encourage your team to use it every time. Since it can be also used as a backup tool, you don't need to worry about the version history of any file. All actions are trackable and commendable.

I can build shared folders with Dropbox Plus. So that my clients can easily receive their worksheets. I generally share MS Office files so anyone can view the content without downloading.

Dropbox Plus review by Asher K.
Asher K.

"Great features but expensive"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy Dropbox is to use and how it syncs seamlessly between all of my devices. I also really appreciate that they have live editing capabilities and that it gives you a good document history. I have also taken advantage of their feature where you can restore deleted files many times.

What do you dislike?

I don't like their desktop applications settings options. I wish you could have a little more easy to use controls. I also wish their desktop application had a feature like Box where you could sync and access files without them taking up space on the local harddrive.

I am able to share files with my collaborators and access my files from my different devices.

Dropbox Plus review by Lisa T.
Lisa T.

"Excellent File Sharing Option"

What do you like best?

I have to say, I appreciate the the 1TB storage capacity. I can share across platform too.

What do you dislike?

The price. $10 a month is on the high side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is reliable and fast. I am able to upload from my phone (audio, video, pictures, or files) in a short amount of time and can share it with anyone. I appreciate they offer a free version so it helps as I share files. And it is easy to install and set up.

I am able to use it as a back up for photos, as well as file sharing. No worries of running out of space and it works on Andriod, computer and Apple products.

Dropbox Plus review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Amazing software that I trust as a business owner"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Plus features are great! I use it frequently on my business and love it. I can get things done, share with my peers and even send upload requests during a collaborative project.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing specific to dislike here. The software is great and so far has met all my expectations. They should keep up with the good work and continue improving all features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Dropbox Plus for every person that needs collaboration and files sharing made easy. Their features are awesome and you will never miss, forget or wait to receive a file again.

Collaboration got easier and enjoyable. The ability to access my files anywhere (among with the old versions of them) is also a must. The most useful feature for my business is the "Upload requests". Collaborating with others without worrying about receiving the files back by e-mail is awesome!

Dropbox Plus review by User

"Pain to Navigate, Too Expensive"

What do you like best?

You get 1 TB. You can organize with several folders.

What do you dislike?

We couldn't figure out how to share files. So I canceled, or so I thought. I was charged again next month. And finally was able to cancel my account after a few pages through the cancellation process. I thought, I might as well use this as much as I can if they will charge me for it. But you can't drag and drop files properly and if you want to upload, you can only upload one file or one folder at a time. So I canceled my Dropbox Plus account, or so I thought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great because you get a lot of storage space. It takes time getting used to navigation and can be a pain.

I got Dropbox so I could share audio files for my podcast work.

Dropbox Plus review by User

"A Good Program with Some Flaws"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Plus is great when it comes to storage space, and the ability to share files quickly with clients and colleagues. I upgraded from the standard Dropbox, and don't ever plan on going back due to the storage space Plus provides. As a photographer, I upload and share shoots with clients via Dropbox so the ease of use is nice because I never have to worry about a non-Dropbox user being unable to access the files.

What do you dislike?

My main gripe with Dropbox is that the photos I upload to the site tend to be lower in quality than I would like. I understand that some loss of quality will occur, but sometimes it's so bad that I have to send a disclaimer to clients alerting them to download before viewing. I really think this is something that could be easily fixed, and I do home they fix it soon. Also, creating new folders can get a bit annoying, and you have to refresh the site for the new folder to actually show. It just adds an unnecessary step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great if you want a simple, file storage/sharing system but be prepared to see your file quality compromised somewhat in the preview.

I share all my files/photos with clients via Dropbox Plus. The main benefit is that it's so easy to use, and most clients are already familiar with it. Some clients like to provide selects/comments on photo files for me, and Dropbox lets clients easily comment on files which was an unexpected bonus.

Dropbox Plus review by Piero R.
Piero R.

"Great Cloud Storage Service with Native OS support"

What do you like best?

As a designer and photographer, Dropbox Plus is a must-have tool for me. I get 1TB of cloud storage and best of all, I get to use their native client for Mac OS, so I can seamlessly upload and download files. Their support of iOS is great as well. I use to work on my iPad Pro while I'm on the go.

What do you dislike?

Files shared by clients or other collaborators take up storage space from my own account. Also, this is a minor inconvenience, but I do not like having to see ads for Dropbox Business on the web client when I'm already paying a fee for Plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, and consider using the desktop client if you find yourself exporting files from your computer to other devices :)

I get to save a lot of space that would otherwise take several GBs of space on my computer. I can sync files across devices. This helps a lot when I export photos from my computer into dropbox and then publish them on social media from Dropbox via iOS. Makes my workflow a lot more efficient.

Dropbox Plus review by Ann M.
Ann M.

"Dropbox has been a great business solution for us"

What do you like best?

Dropbox allows us to access everything we need whether in the office or out in the field.

What do you dislike?

Dropbox can cause delays in downloading or accessing larger files. It is not the solution for working on video files. They must be downloaded to the local computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox is a simple straightforward solution that is easily implemented by almost anyone. If you are looking for ways to consolidate documents and share them across both machines and platforms, dropbox is a great and affordable route.

Dropbox has allowed our remote consultants to access projects and benefits. It saves time, duplication and confusion with multiple versions of documents on different computers.

Dropbox Plus review by Kristen N.
Kristen N.

"User Friendly and Easy to Use! "

What do you like best?

Dropbox allows me to save so much space on my computer its ridiculous! I also love how inexpensive it is and I can even access files quickly on my phone when I need to. I love being able to share folders with clients to easily transfer files.

What do you dislike?

As with any programs, it can be a little glitchy at times. I often will have to restart my computer to get Dropbox app to sync properly on my computer. It really isn't that big of an issue though. Just something to be aware of!

Recommendations to others considering the product

None that I can think of!

I am able to smoothly transfer files to and from clients with ease by using Dropbox!

Dropbox Plus review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"A central business hub for my small land surveying company"

What do you like best?

The ability for multiple users to operate in the same environment. Sharing folders and data access is crucial to be able to operate my business remotely.

What do you dislike?

When a user opens a file and makes an edit, then another comes into that file and makes and edit when the original user has the file open it causes a conflicted copy for the file. I wish dropbox would alert users as to if that file was already opened by another user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy the pro version. worth its weight in gold

We can completely run daily operations via folder sharing in dropbox. We increase efficiency by an exponential amount with this ability. The only thing that ever goes down on paper the entire year is our 1099 forms which of course is required by law. We love that we can be evironmentally sounds.

Dropbox Plus review by Peter W.
Peter W.

"The best cloud storage solution out there"

What do you like best?

Dropbox will seamlessly sync all of your files across all of you computers.

Very nice and clean user interface, allowing for quick uploads and downloads to Dropbox.

Brilliant integration with the Windows file explorer, which allows the user to designate one of their folders as a 'Dropbox' folder. So any files contained in there will be backed up in the cloud.

Dropbox are continuously offering extra upload space for free, just recently I received 10GB for absolutely nothing!

What do you dislike?

Uploading and sync times are rather long, you may have to wait a while if you're uploading large files!

The Dropbox icons that appear within the Windows file explorer are a bit clunky, and don't look good at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is by far the best cloud storage application out there.

Very easy to use and set up, with a clean user interface you really can't go wrong with Dropbox.

Installing it on your PC takes minutes, so it doesn't take long at all to get this set up across all of your machines.

And the use of icons (although they aren't nice looking) really helps you understand what state your files are in, and if they have been synced yet. So if you're new to the cloud storage scene, you'll get used to Dropbox instantly.

Easily share files between colleagues, reducing time spent at face-to-face meetings.

Much less time spent managing files across multiple computers, as any new / updated / deleted files are mirrored across all machines.

I have been using Dropbox with Spotify to control my local music across all of my computers, its been extremely helpful and I would recommend to anyone having similar problems.

Dropbox Plus review by Colin R.
Colin R.

"Dropbox use with Adobe Lightroom"

What do you like best?

It is so simple and easy to set up, and allows us to share our data is one of the most efficient platforms.

What do you dislike?

It is so simple that sometimes I struggle to find out how to do something (like restore a backup)

Recommendations to others considering the product

For our needs, it was better than google drive, as the syncing of lightroom catalogues were seamless in dropbox, but always threw errors in Google

We use Dropbox to synchronize our lighrroom catalogues and assets between us and clients to make sure all is up today. Effectively, we use only one catagoue, and making a small metadata change by one user almost immediately synchronizes it with all other catalogues.

Dropbox Plus review by Christopher L.
Christopher L.

"Enabling sharing and collaboration "

What do you like best?

DropBox Pro is very easy to use and manage. It works very well for file syncing and sharing of course but also acts as a great collaboration tool for our different business groups.

What do you dislike?

We do wish there was more security control around the data with DLP type features. Currently we cannot limit ones ability to access data on a none corporate device or prevent them from downloading files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent tool for File Syncing, Sharing and Collaboration.

Prior to our DropBox implementation we had numerous solutions for file sharing and collaboration. SharePoint, FTP sites, Old Network Shares. At the same time we were starting to have a large adoption of personal DropBox and other similar products. Through our deployment we were able to take back ownership of our data by getting rid of personal sync/share tools and we reduced our infrastructure footprint by getting rid of FTP sites and file shares.

Dropbox Plus review by Daniel P.
Daniel P.

"User Friendly Cloud Storage"

What do you like best?

Using Dropbox Pro has become an essential part of what I do as a designer. I like that it connects directly with my computer's hard drive to function like any other folder on the system. The features of file sharing and automation are a great time saver when set up correctly. Compared to other cloud file sharing options available, Dropbox Pro has, in my opinion, been the most efficient and easiest to use. Being in the cloud it is accessible 24/7 on any device, and the "pack-rat" feature that allows the user to restore deleted files has saved me multiple times. Plus the 1TB (terabyte) of space available is definitely worth the monthly cost.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few drawbacks to the Dropbox Pro system. One of the big ones is that it is not yet foolproof to uneducated users. For example, if I need to share a folder with another party and the other party takes everything out of that shared folder - they don't realize it takes it out for both parties. I've found it's better to just share a link to a folder/file instead of sharing whole folders. Another drawback I find is time having to wait for Dropbox folders/files to sync. But considering that Dropbox is syncing with the cloud, with current technology that's to be expected. Finally, again in reference to syncing, it slows down any other process that requires wi-fi when Dropbox has to sync.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about using Dropbox Pro, go for it. The free version of Dropbox is great, but Dropbox Pro provides with the extra amount of storage and other features that you will outgrow if you stay in the free version. Great file recovery options, ease of use and file sharing. With all of that it is certainly worth the price and great for personal use, freelancers, and small to medium sized business.

Dropbox Pro has provided me with the ability to store and backup client projects and files and share them with clients easily. Even when the file size is large. It has also allowed me to have all of my clients' files easily accessible at any time I need them. Overall, it is a great user friendly file storage, sharing and collaboration tool.

Dropbox Plus review by John S.
John S.

"Worth the upgrade"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of Dropbox anyhow but the added safety functionality makes me feel more secure keeping documents and especially photos in the cloud.

There are two things that I really like: the graphical interface / drag & drop usage and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. It's easy to use so it might be easy to lose things.

One other thing that is worth mentioning is that it is a touch expensive compared to something like iCloud. But it is much more easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's much easier to use (for me) than iCloud - which I also use for personal information. Excellent really. The only thing I'd say is that it is quite expensive compared to something like iCloud but it is significantly easier to use.

Sharing documents with team members easily and keeping version control managed.

Keeping things backed up in a highly convenient manner.

Dropbox Plus review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Excellent Archiving and Sharing Tool"

What do you like best?

Dropbox Pro makes it really easy to have ALL of my files shared between multiple computers, instead of just sharing a few files (2 - 5GB worth). I can quickly and easily share files with friends, family, and co-workers by copying the Dropbox link and sending in whatever method is easiest (e-mail, iMessage, text, etc.). I love the ability to control sharing of folders, allowing people to access but not edit or have full editing privileges. The mobile app is great, as well!

What do you dislike?

There are some instances where files have not been uploaded correctly due to unique symbols in the names. Not a huge issue, but it would be nice if I was notified so that I can correct it right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore your options (if you have everything in the Google universe, it might make more sense to use Google Drive, etc.), but Dropbox Pro is a great piece of software. If you have multiple computers/devices that you constantly need access to your files on, it's an absolute timesaver.

Constant access to my files from anywhere in the world. With 1TB of space, I don't have to worry about "archiving" old files or space limitations. I can keep copies of everything and have access to it from multiple devices, as well as anywhere that I can get on a web browser. This file access has saved me many times!

Dropbox Plus review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Best File Sharing Platform"

What do you like best?

I love DropBox plus because it makes it so easy to drop files into folders, and allows the user to share those folders very easily.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much that I dislike! Took me a few times before I knew how to share specific folders, but once you're acquainted it is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DropBox plus is great for transferring files that happen to be on the larger size. This made something that was such a hassle so much easier!

We are solving the problem of not being able to send sensitive, large files to our clients easily. This has made life so much easier - now we don't have to upload to external hard drives and have them messengered to the clients! This also takes half the time to upload!

Dropbox Plus review by Aris A.
Aris A.

"Although stable, the bandwidth limits are a no-go for those who want to frequently share content."

What do you like best?

The interface was simple enough for everyday users, the service was reliable with minimum downtime.

What do you dislike?

The daily bandwidth limits were crippling us. We bought a second dropbox account to balance our load but in the end it wasn't meant to be used like that (content sharing). We have then changed to a different product.

In addition, their support was (at that time) cumbersome and slow. We had to fight our way through a system of "previously answered topics" and after finally dismissing all of them, we got to send an email describing our issue. The response time was slow so most of the time we googled it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is mainly for file syncing, not for file sharing. It is mostly suitable for SOHO type of companies. It can do file sharing up to a certain level but once you hit that 200 GB per day limit, your public links will be suspended for a short time at first and for a longer time period if it happens again.

So, if your main goal is to sync files across a small group of users on or off premises, it is a viable solution. If you are having an rapidly increasing amount of data and/or want to share it with many clients, better look elsewhere.

We are movie theater owners, movie producers and movie distributors with numerous partners. We wanted a simple and cost effective method to transfer assets to our clients so a cloud based solution was our first choice.. Dropbox worked ok for a limited time but as the amount/size of assets and partners grew, Dropbox could not follow. In the end we chose a different solution.

Dropbox Plus review by Emma M.
Emma M.

"Wonderful File Sharing Tool"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the user interface for the most part. It is easy to use, simple to navigate, and works effectively. I have peace of mind knowing that my files are all backed up and accessible no matter what computer I am using. It is also great for file sharing between group members.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the file organization setup on the homepage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox Plus is worth the $10/month investment. Our office could not function so smoothly without it. It is wonderful for file sharing, backup file saving, and organization.

It is easy and convenient to share files among group members. It makes group project work more streamlined.

Dropbox Plus review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Great file sharing and cloud storage program"

What do you like best?

Works well with multiple platforms like Windows, Apple, Android, etc. It is reliable cloud storage that makes it easy to share large files with others. Free Version starts out with decent storage space and can be increased if additional accounts are added. Dropbox has become the standard for file sharing. With file sizes getting larger everyday due to the quality of software available email rarely can handle the load. For my job I have to routinely send files larger than 1 or 2 GB and the only way that is possible is with Dropbox. The program that can be installed on devices helps when collaborating between multiple users or just multiple devices.

Aside from the benefits of dropbox for syncing or sharing Drop could be used as just a backup for your computer. You can save all your files locally in the dropbox folder once it is installed and everything will be saved on the cloud as well. So if your hard drive crashes or anything like that your data is all backed up.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes at this time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for file sharing

I can share files with customers that are too large to email

Dropbox Plus review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"perfect for archiving in cloud"

What do you like best?

The best thing is how you can share your project folders with other users , so make it perfect for project workflow.

An other perfect feature is how it is connected to all the devices..phone tablet and computer

What do you dislike?

What i dislike is that with pls account they only give you 5tb so for big productions you need to ask them for more space

Also a really bad thing is that you only can share easily projects that are on the main root , once you share a project that is inside folders and folders you need to share the main folder to make it possible or send a download link

The benefits its the workflow - easy to add files and work in folders with other members of the team

Dropbox Plus review by George O.
George O.

"I love my Dropbox Plus."

What do you like best?

First,I think Dropbox plus prices its storage space at a fair rate for small and medium sized businesses.Intuitive user interface design,easy to use and navigate.It provides me with peace of mind because I can backup my files from any device and also gain access to my files,from any device too.

Dropbox plus has been a perfect way to share files between different teams in my organization.

What do you dislike?

Poor file organization is my only reservation with Dropbox plus.

Dropbox makes it convenient to share files amongst team members in my project group at work.Therefore leading to an improved workflow for group projects we handle.

Dropbox Plus review by Chelsea S.
Chelsea S.

"Great tool, easy to set and forget "

What do you like best?

I like that I can set up auto synching as needed and never have to worry about space on my devices.

What do you dislike?

The price and I would like more mobile prompts to set up automation on new devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great as a set it and forget it tool. If I have my docs backed up to Dropbox plus it helps me feel confident that I can get to my critical items quickly from anywhere.

I can sync from all my devices seamlessly.

Dropbox Plus review by Buddy O.
Buddy O.

"Easy Easy Easy file delivery"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to host files for my clients with relative ease. I frequently have to deliver large image files to clients for print and further editing projects and dropbox pro is super easy and very reliable. My favorite feature is the desktop application and integration to my computer. I know with confidence that anything that i put in that folder is going to be available for me and will be easy to access from wherever I am. The mobile app is great as well.

What do you dislike?

The biggest drawback is that the folder sync can be limiting if you do not have a huge internal hardrive. I have 1 TB of storage on my iMac and 1TB on dropbox pro, so that works fine. However I also use a MacBook Air without that storage capability and it often fills up when trying to sync the dropbox folder. This is not a major problem, as i just have to adjust the sync settings, but I would not recommend trying to put the same sync folder on two computers with varying storage capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upgrading to Drop Box Pro is a great option for anyone who is sending large files on a regular basis. I would also recommend it to anyone who travels and enjoys having crucial files at their fingertips. It is very freeing for my workflow and truly is an asset for me everyday.

I am able to deliver large files to my clients in a secure and efficient way. I have used other cloud based file storage solutions, but the ease of use and great UI of dropbox sets it apart.

Dropbox Plus review by User

"Dropbox clouds storage the best!"

What do you like best?

i like it works everywhere, i have it on my phone and all my computers, i can simply just login on their website and get my files.

What do you dislike?

it only can transfer files to my business coworkers, and that needs a business account too. that mean i cant transfer my files to my friend something like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the product works on every platform, android, ios and PC, just need a browser.

i used to have a file server at home to store my files now i dont need. so dropbox helps me eliminate my need to have a file server.

Dropbox Plus review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Dropbox Business Gets Job Done"

What do you like best?

Great storage space, automatically updates multiple users on the account, easy to store and access files from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not as intuitive or user-friendly as similar products. I wish there were a simpler way to access and edit documents and save them directly back to Dropbox, and I would like to see an easier navigation menu, especially with moving between folders at various levels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that Dropbox Plus provides the business solutions you need. Dropbox customer support is excellent and will work with you to determine what level you require. Also be sure to take the tutorials and make sure that all users are up to date on how the software functions!

Dropbox Plus gives my company the storage it needs to access our files from anywhere. It's great to have everything accessible and stored in the cloud so that we can all edit and access needed files and save computer space.

Dropbox Plus review by Ben K.
Ben K.

"Proven Solution for Sharing, Backup, and Security"

What do you like best?

I've used Dropbox both as an employee of an advertising agency and as a freelance motion graphics designer and have nothing but praise for the product. After a few years of using Dropbox, a number of features have ended up being big time savers, including Dropbox sync, versioning, file sharing, and the integration of the product with websites like Vimeo.

During my time as an agency employee I was often traveling between two offices in two different cities. Dropbox sync allowed me to sync my work on machines in multiple locations, saving me the hassle of manually copying files to a hard drive and physically transporting my work back and forth. The added benefit of this feature was that I always had backup copies of my work accessible from virtually anywhere. If I ended up needed to work while traveling I could login to my account from my laptop and quickly access the files I needed.

On a few rare occasions I realized a project file had been deleted by accident from a shared work machine, but due to the sync feature, I knew I had at least a few versions of the same file stored in the cloud, allowing me to login and retrieve the lost file in a matter of minutes.

As a freelancer I utilize the file and folder sharing features on every project I have the pleasure of working on. This makes collaboration between teams a breeze. I primarily work as a remote freelancer, so having the tools to share work and quickly exchange files in a shared folder is a crucial tool for my business.

Another feature worth mentioning is the ability to pause and resume uploads or downloads. There's nothing worse than using an unreliable browser-based upload tool only to have a large upload stall after a few hours of uploading. I have Dropbox installed on every machine I work on to make sure I never risk losing time or bandwidth. When working remotely from countries with poor connectivity, it's very helpful to have the option to pause a file transfer while I have a Skype call or change locations.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see the option to merge Dropbox directories on a local machine. Currently I find myself manually merging directories if I have to move my Dropbox directory to a new hard drive or a temporary folder on an external. I'd like the option to leave existing files in the local directory without syncing, rather than have to choose between syncing or removing files from the primary folder. Selective sync can be very useful and I utilize it often, however it would be great to see some more advanced options for those of us that end up having multiple Dropbox folders that want to organize and merge the contents with a little more control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox Pro is an affordable, fast, and reliable way to backup your files, share your work, collaborate with teams, and access important files from anywhere at any time. For a few bucks more a month you can increase your peace of mind with one year version history. Desktop integration works like a dream, and the web-based file manager is great for accessing files on the go. If you're a freelancer or creative professional looking for a way to share your work, collaborate with agencies and other creatives, or just need a backup service that won't fail you, Dropbox Pro is a great solution. I've used the product for years and it has saved me time, money, and worry. Check out Dropbox Pro, you'll be glad you did.

In some instances I work from countries with a metered internet connection, meaning the more bandwidth I use, the more I'm charged for my connection at the end of the month. Coming from the US this is hard to get used to, and being a freelancer in the video and motion graphics world means I'm often working with and sending large files to clients around the world. This is where Dropbox integration with services like Vimeo really saves me money. I can upload my final files to Dropbox, send them out to my clients, and use the integration with Vimeo to send the files right to my Vimeo account, no need to re-upload or waste bandwidth. Total time and money saving feature right there.

Shared folders make collaboration a joy, allowing me to work with people all over the world without the hassle of figuring out what email had what link to which document. Totally streamlines the collaborative process to give everyone on the team the ability to work from the same files in a cloud-based location that shows up as a folder on your desktop.

Did I mention that the cross-platform functionality means my Mac-using art directors don't have to deal with Windows-formatted hard drives and vice-versa? Keeping clients happy and focused on the creative process is very valuable and Dropbox makes it easy.

Dropbox Plus review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Best Cloud Storage"

What do you like best?

Dropbox is simple to use and works flawlessly. The storage is generous, the mobile apps work, and there wasn't much of a learning curve. Set it up once and you're done. I can work from practically anywhere and change devices constantly without even having to think about it. If I write out a few ideas on my phone when they come to me, they're available on my laptop when I sit down to work.

I've found the Dropbox service invaluable for editing photos and doing other digital artwork as well. I quite often start on my laptop and then move to the iMac/Wacom combination in my office later on. I can seamlessly go back and forth without it ever being an issue.

What do you dislike?

I initially paid for the service through iTunes and have had some issues renewing. The customer service staff has always responded to requests for assistance, though, so it's not an insurmountable problem - just an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a solid service that's easy to use and reasonably priced. I have no qualms whatsoever in recommending it.

I save all of my work files to Dropbox and can access them anywhere. If a client loses a file and texts me in a panic, I can send it from my phone regardless of where I am. I sent website graphics from a rest stop on the New Jersey Turnpike once.

Dropbox Plus review by Fernando G.
Fernando G.

"1 year user, I'm afraid to ever have to leave it"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is the seamless integration with both my computer and my cellphone. It uploads all of my pictures to dropbox, it has just the capacity that I need, and never in my life has it failed me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike to go into dump folders with thousands of files and for the web app to crash every single time. It makes looking for old backups a true nightmare. Also there should be a better way to organise what is stored in my computer and what is only in the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you decide upon any file storing service remember that if at anytime you need to migrate to other service it could be a pain in the ass.

Also be sure to use the advanced options to keep the bigger and not commonly used folders not syncing with your devices and just with the cloud.

I'm solving an easy way to keep an archive for my clients, while still being able to not saturate my computer or my network.

Dropbox Plus review by Seth H.
Seth H.

"I loved Dropbox for years but Google Drive is a close competitor."

What do you like best?

I love that you can share folders so easy with folks and it has been my experience that sharing is easier than on google drive. I also love that it's cloud-based and I can see my files anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it does not work well with google docs or that the person has to have the same program, like word to open docs. I also wish I could roll back changes on files if I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure if this is better than google drive or not.

I no longer am dependent on my hard drive. I can access all my files from anywhere.

Dropbox Plus review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Better Every Day"

What do you like best?

Dropbox's UX (User Experience) is simple, straightforward, and no-nonsense. The only thing I didn't like about the free version was the limited space. Now with Pro, I don't have that problem any more. All things considered, it's competitively priced, not that much per month, and provides incredible value when storing/sharing files - esp. among large teams.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could pick/choose which items and/or folders I wanted to sync on a per-machine basis. It's not so much a problem of disk usage, as it is not necessarily wanting work items synced to my home computer, and vice versa.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at OneDrive, Google Drive, Oxygen Cloud, AWS, as well as setting up our own NAS. At the end of it all, Dropbox seemed to satisfy all of our needs, with none of the cruft, and a decent price point. I also use Google Drive at another company and like it too - for me DB and GD are a toss-up. If you've already got one - stick with it. But using both is easy enough too.

Through Dropbox Pro, my startup team has been able to pool all of our assets and files into a common place where they're backed up and safe, and easily accessible by anyone - including the luddites in the group. We even had a situation where our CEO gave his credentials to his wife (we're still not sure why), and she accidentally deleted all of our files - around 15 GBs at the time. I got a call from the CEO in a panic, that all of his work was GONE! I was able to quickly view the Dropbox logs, see who did what and when, then restore all the files from Dropbox's archive. It was a great learning moment, and fairly painless.

Dropbox Plus review by Gil L.
Gil L.

"An Excellent Repository Solution"

What do you like best?

The ability to connect anywhere from any device is the most useful feature, particularly in an enterprise that has all flavors of OSs and access modalities. This is greatly appreciated when conducting business overseas and across various time zones.

What do you dislike?

Sync can be an issue if many users have edit access to files. It can be managed by policy but an implementation similar to that of Google docs would be a welcomed feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare features with similar offerings. Dropbox offers many features that make a difference, yet many could go underutilized or unused. Do explore its capabilities as it may bring about benefits that were unplanned if you "think outside the box". For example, deploying company standards for templates, or proofing tools, accessible in a read-only format, with periodic updates.

Interconnectivity and collaboration between teams deployed across many areas, time zones and disciplines. Efficiency and version tracking is achieved through proper management, saving time and server space.

Dropbox Plus review by Victor K.
Victor K.

"Dropbox allows me to access every single file, right on the device where I need it"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ease of syncing and the well thought through MacOS, iOS & Android app, as I use all of them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes syncing clogs my connection. And I don't like the way it lets me collaborate with others while working in the same document

Small business here. Living on a shoestring and Dropbox allows me to handle all my personal and business file needs in one place

Dropbox Plus review by Benjamin W.
Benjamin W.

"Still the king, but slow to integrate new technology"

What do you like best?

Obvious brand recognition; the ability to use file requests; the large storage space; virtual host capabilities (although somewhat limited more recently); the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

no way to see file sizes; bad upload capabilities for whole folders with subfolders; slow new tech integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does it do what you need it to do? Google drive s superior for when you need collaboration and multiple users need to update documents on the fly; for virtually everything else, Dropbox is king.

storage/access for cloud needs

Dropbox Plus review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Competitively Priced Cloud Storage with Seamless Integration "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Dropbox Pro is that is available on all of the platforms I use and I don't need to worry about where my files are. If I update a file on my laptop, it syncs to my phone and iPad. Dropbox feels native to me in that it acts like a part of my MacBook and syncs files without me even having to think about it.

What do you dislike?

Dropbox Pro pricing is more geared towards teams. If you want more than 1TB/month, the only option is unlimited storage but with a mandated 5 user minimum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When comparing cloud storage options, $/capacity was my metric for comparison.

Dropbox handles version control, collaboration, and file accesibility. With Dropbox, I can share a deck, design, or spreadsheet effortlessly. I no longer need to rely on bulky email attachments and flash drives for moving files.

Cloud storage will be the universal technology. It no longer makes sense to rely on physical storage options alone. Dropbox offers me the best of both worlds--files store locally on my computer harddrive and upload simultaneously to the Cloud.

Dropbox Plus review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Great Tool for Sharing Files to All of Your Devices"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use Dropbox between my iPhone, iMac, and laptop, while also sharing files with numerous clients. The ability to have a folder on my computer also makes it easy to use outside of the web browser.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to not have the space my clients are using to upload to my folders take away from their own storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to use file transferring program, Dropbox Plus is the way to go. I am able to transfer large files to 6-8 clients using separate shared folders throughout the week in an incredibly easy way.

Easily transferring large files between clients and myself.

Dropbox Plus review by Nathan L.
Nathan L.

"Just Started - happy with space"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to ever think about deleting stuff or getting rid of things in my dropbox. The amount of space in Dropbox Plus is perfect for my work. And the price point is doable. I like the one-time payment for the year.

What do you dislike?

I find it a bit hard to navigate around the dropbox--it doesn't seem to be as intuitive as it could be. Or maybe I'm just confused.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the plunge.

I used to not be able to accept dropbox invitations and be able to share things freely. Now I can, and it's been a stress-reliever.

Dropbox Plus review by User in Information Technology and Services

"My go-to for cloud storage"

What do you like best?

Finally a decent solution for only syncing the files you want on the devices you want. In the past it's always been an all or nothing solution, but now I get to choose what files I want access to while at work and home.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to determine which files and folders I wanted on each device. Right now it's hidden in a menu and I have a hard time finding it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are several competitors that try to do what Dropbox does, but no one does it better.

I do a ton of freelance on the side and I don't want those files showing on my work-issued computer. Dropbox has made it easy for me to keep those two things separate.

It's also allowed me to work seamlessly with my freelance clients allowing them to add and exchange files via Dropbox.

Dropbox Plus review by Scott P.
Scott P.

"Great features, fair price"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to link to any computer to look like any other file folder. It allows me to have multiple computers running off of the same "hard drive". I have every photo and video automatically backed up from my phone. It's a very simple solution to the problem many people struggle with, storage.

What do you dislike?

I have heard concerns about the security and my company has expressed discontent with me using DropBox as my primary file storage medium. I have not heard any legitimate breaches and I don't see it as being any less secure than other similar products like Box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare to similar products like Google drive and Box. They are all very simple and comparable.

I love the redundancy of data back up. I love having my files accessible from any location with an internet connection. It makes me feel secure and comfortable that I will never be without my important files.

Dropbox Plus review by Kim W.
Kim W.

"Great product at a reasonable price!"

What do you like best?

I'm obsessed with Dropbox Pro. I love being able to use all of the great features and back up all of my files. I don't have to worry about losing anything. Additionally, when you "delete" something, it doesn't actually go away until you essentially empty the trash. That's really helpful if you're doing something on your phone and fat finger a file and realize later that you actually need it. I would honestly pay twice the price and still feel happy with my subscription.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike a single thing. Dropbox Pro is so easy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth it-- the price is reasonable, the service is great, and the product stands up to rigorous use.

This is a great solution for sharing files, storing large numbers of files, and accessing files on the go. I really hate having to use a VPN to get into my work files. With sensitive stuff, that obviously makes sense, but for general work items, Dropbox Pro fits the bill and allows me to utilize sharing features with anyone-- not just those who have access to internal company servers.

Dropbox Plus review by Scott C.
Scott C.

"Dropbox solves many data needs quickly and simply"

What do you like best?

Dropbox helps to solve many of my data needs in a very intuitive and friendly system. I'm able to sync files across multiple computers and mobile devices without a problem, and am able to share files with family members and coworkers alike. The Dropbox UX is excellent, and their quality and dependability of service has so far been impeccable.

What do you dislike?

The crux of my issue with Dropbox is centered around link sharing - I typically don't want to give full access of my folders/files to someone, so I prefer to send a link for them to access. The problem is that if I move that file in my Dropbox, it changes the link since the link is based on the location of the file and not a pure static link. Especially annoying when sharing something as simple as a screenshot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it! There is nothing else on the market with such ease of use - my mother even figured out how to use Dropbox without my help, but that doesn't make it any less powerful or useful, which is incredible to me!

For my personal Pro account, I use Dropbox for sending proofs back and forth with my clients for a photography and design firm I run. It's great to move and share large files like I have. I also have a business account through my work that we use for company file sharing.

Dropbox Plus review by Doug E.
Doug E.

"Dropbox reliability"

What do you like best?

I have used Dropbox plus for many years for both personal and business use and I have found it very reliable and useful from my PCs, servers and smartphone.

What do you dislike?

I have not found much to dislike, if anything.

Having access to my documents from anywhere has been the most beneficial in support of my customers, especially when on site.

Dropbox Plus review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Best cloud-based storage"

What do you like best?

Dropbox has seamless computer and phone integration. Easily allows me to access, edit, and save documents wherever I am as long as I have some sort of device on me, even if it's not mine.

What do you dislike?

I wish dropbox had the ability to share and edit documents real time.

Dropbox is not the preferred method of cloud storage at my company so I am unable to use and share documents with my coworkers. However, Dropbox is an easy way for me to bring non-sensitive information from work back home. I believe that Dropbox is a great platform for any company considering cloud-based storage systems.

Dropbox Plus review by Ariana F.
Ariana F.

"DropBox Pro a must for graduate students writing theses"

What do you like best?

The capabilities, how easy it is to use, how I can access it from anywhere.

It is a tool that I need , because I deal with hundreds of documents for my reserach, pictures, pictures of maps, and I want to have peace of mind and know that 1) I can access it from anywhere 2) that it updates automatically 3) that I have all my documents in one place 4) that I can share with anyone if I want to.

What do you dislike?

Having too many folders...I get lost....

Again, knowing that I have 1TB of space makes me accumulate all the articles, documents and pictures that I want without having to carry multiple USBs or worry about running out of space.

Dropbox Plus review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for teams and your own stuff."

What do you like best?

I had maxed out my own personal Dropbox and then my new position used it exclusively. So I upgraded to Dropbox Plus and it works great for sharing files with team members as well as keeping my own stuff separate. I like how well it's organized and I love how much space I have.

What do you dislike?

There's really not a lot I don't like about it. I think maybe the internet interface could be a little more user friendly. It's a bit clunky to navigate.

Team file sharing and collaboration. Also keeping everybody on the same page with client information.

Learning about Dropbox Plus?

* We monitor all Dropbox Plus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.