Dropbox

Dropbox File Storage & Sharing. Always have your stuff, wherever you are.

Work for Dropbox?

Learning about Dropbox?

Dropbox Reviews

Ask Dropbox a Question
Showing 3412 Dropbox reviews
Dropbox review by <span>Rueben B.</span>
Rueben B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

About this program, I can say that I like everything. That is very open and big space of storage place for my documents. It is wonderful to work with all team and see all our working process. Also to manage whole folders is easy and very fast.

What do you dislike?

The program is really good but has some minutes. Time to time very bad sync with some folders. And not all files can upload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The useful platform which will make your work more effective. It is great sharing system for all your working group. You will have the opportunity to work on distance and control all your working routine just in one click.

Actually, with this platform, we can work distance. We can manage with all folders.Very comfortable tools for working process. The ability to attach images or any kind of documents. I like that I can keep all working in one place and do for them more clear and fast working task.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dropbox
Dropbox review by <span>T. D.</span>
T. D.

The Dropbox - Basic and Plus

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The ease of use with this cloud storage is really nice. Dragging and dropping files into your box when logged in online is great. Being able to select which files to sych with your computer is also a plus. Love the sharing option as well. Being able to share a file with a third party without giving them access to your box is a great security plus.

What do you dislike?

While synching and viewing your files on your computer is a plus, there are times when it is not. Basically you have two copies of your file as one still resides on your computer - that takes up space on your hard drive. That's the part I dislike. Being able to view your files while on your computer but not having it take up space at the Plus level would be good customer service. There really is no need for 2 copies of the file anyway. Would also like to see a mid-level option for users. The basic free program is great (2GB) but the next jump is for 1T which is a gob. A mid-level option would be nice for companies just starting out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Dropbox is one of the easiest cloud versions out there, it can be cost prohibitive for new companies or individual entrepreneurs at the pro level. There are other options, but do your research and only pay for the space you really need.

This is a super platform for sharing any type of file. We use Dropbox Plus for all sorts of company files from documents to photographs.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

Dropbox review by <span>Claire (Cyle) C.</span>
Claire (Cyle) C.

Share Docs Between Colleagues

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I really enjoy that all of my documents are stored in a cloud. I have a lot of work that I do from different computers and locations, and it's nice to know that I don't need to carry my laptop with me everywhere, or upload everything into a flash drive. It's very easy for me to share documents and files with coworkers from different cities and states.

What do you dislike?

It feels a little buggy sometimes. Occasionally I'll be trying to save documents to my dropbox and it will kind of freeze up. For the most part it is really simple to use, but will take a few minutes for the website to update with my new documents that I will add. Sometimes the change tracking will lag a little bit (by a few minutes) so a coworker might make a change at the same time as you and it will cause the site to lag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software to use to share documents, especially if members of your team have different types of computers and document preferences.

I love being able to share documents with people in different locations. Unlike other softwares, dropbox can unite users with different operating systems and email domains. Everyone can share their information and ideas through one system and update it with each other almost instantly. It's easy for you and your team to stay connected and updated within the different systems.

Dropbox review by <span>Allison S.</span>
Allison S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Dropbox is a collaborative and quite advanced software, you can store thousands of documents and file without any problem, since the storage space that offers free and in the paid plans is quite high, in a few words, store files in Dropbox is something without worries.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the prices, because to get more storage space, you have to pay too much in the Plus plans, I would like Dropbox to focus more on the fact that storing is something that many people do, and that prices, would have a significant progress and would be a better valued software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Dropbox to any person or company, because the storage space that it has is surprising and helps too much.

Dropbox has provided amazing changes, since in my company there are many employees who tend to travel a lot of time for work reasons, and to share files with them about business information, it has been made simple, with Dropbox. I hope you continue to provide me with those long-term benefits.

Dropbox review by <span>James G.</span>
James G.
Validated Review

Awesome tool for filing and sharing

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

What I like the most about Dropbox is that it is so easy to do and the sharing of files I think is a great tool to have. I also like that this account is also linked to my google account and my outlook account and that any changes that I need to make on it it will open to words online, or excel online. Such a smooth transition in editing!

What do you dislike?

I don't really have anything that I dislike about it. I think it is a great tool to have when collaborating with others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great online tool that is easy to share with others. You can share, file, edit, leave comments, and pick and choose who can edit, who can view and I think its just a great tool to collaborate with someone else or your team! Also it should be mentioned that you can take your files anywhere with you because dropbox has a mobile app that is easy to use as well! At least for Apple, I do not own an android but I'm sure there is an app for it as well.

I think the business problems we are solving is that it is much easier to share files with one another rather than sharing through emails which I think takes too long going back and forth. So the benefits is that the sharing, editing and viewing is immediate rather than the waiting of someone sending an email, someone looking at it, editing it then sending it back. That takes too much time.

Dropbox review by <span>Napoleon G.</span>
Napoleon G.

Online storage service

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Secure able to set up two factors of authentication. Possibility to store different types of files online. Been able to access my files from any location with having to physically carry them. Versioning feature allows me to go back and see changes or compare content. Ability to restore deleted files. Share specific files or folders with specific users. Integration with other apps allows me to keep an online backup of content. Automatically saves screenshots of my computer. Backup pictures taken with my phone. Platform is very handy to preview, share, or edit online Microsoft Office files. Open windows file explorer from web version. Allow different levels of permissions to user for the same file or folder. Able to work simultaneously on a file.

What do you dislike?

Not able to have a public folder. Free version contains ads to upgrade or acquire other Dropbox services

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and you will be happy.

Keep files secure in the cloud. Online storage instead of a local file server. Automatic versioning system for files. Easily restore deleted files by mistake. Share files fast and secure with people in other places. Integration service with other app allows to keep all the content in one place. work online with office files. Work simultaneously with other people with the same file.

Learning about Dropbox?

* We monitor all Dropbox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.