Droplr

Droplr is a file-sharing tool for Mac and Windows users. Effortlessly share files, screenshots, and screencasts with friends, colleagues, and clients.

Work for Droplr?

Learning about Droplr?

Droplr Reviews

Showing 366 Droplr reviews
Droplr review by <span>Dyllan G.</span>
Dyllan G.

"It's Great 75% of the time."

What do you like best?

It absolutely saves computer and cloud space no doubt. That's the main reason we use it at my work place. I like that you can save the links and refer back to them. They store them on a list that includes thumbnails so you don't have to click 100 different links to find the one you're looking for. I also like the feature that you can annotate the screenshots if you need to highlight a certain part of the screen. The video screen capture is really convenient. But it will crash on you if you record more than 8 minutes of screencasting.

What do you dislike?

It's not always reliable. There are times you use it and you get your link right away. Other times you wait 30 or more seconds for the link to generate. They lack user support and when you run into problems they just refer you to their FAQ's. Which is sometimes helpful, but they lack personable support. I would like to see them add more features to the annotate section like smaller text or different color fonts. Currently, they only offer red.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really only works in google chrome. You'll run into problems if you try to use it with Safari

We work with cloud space. So having links like droplr saves space and time. We use it for employee training especially. Attaching regular screenshots simply takes too much time and takes up too much space.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Droplr
Droplr review by <span>Kenny M.</span>
Kenny M.

"Complete Company Changer"

What do you like best?

It takes high quality screenshots without having to take up any space on my hard drive. It's a tremendous tool that really takes the strain off of having to worry about how much space is being taken up by needed screenshots on my computer. Since I work in video and design so often, I have to regularly clear off my hard drive. Droplr takes that problem away and lets me do better.

What do you dislike?

GIF feature. There's no way to adjust the frame rate, which creates very slow GIFs. GIFs often serve a tremendous value when trying to demonstrate issues going on with a client website or a certain video I'm editing. I don't want a problem to take 30 seconds to watch when the actual issue is less than 3 seconds. Yet that can very often happen with the GIF feature stretching out the length of the actual issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need fast screenshot sharing/file sharing, use Droplr. Once you set your custom shortcuts, then the product can be easy to use. The default settings are a bit wonky, but you can customize.

Simply put, we're solving storage space. When our design team needs to evaluate design options fast, instead of having to screen shot and upload, they use Droplr, paste the link, and can talk about the problematic element. This saves us time and space on computer, which increases efficiency because now our team doesn't have to go through and clean up space on their hard drives each month.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

Droplr review by <span>Saniya R.</span>
Saniya R.

"Easy to share than ever before"

What do you like best?

This application is extremely easy to use. These apps are designed to make sharing files easy, so missing this makes it dead on arrival. Droplr is also cheaper than a lot of other similar applications. Less than $5 us also worth the service this software has to offer. You can even use Droplr for free instead of paying for it as a trial for one week. Droplr is even cloud hosted.

What do you dislike?

A major drawback of this software is that Droplr doesn't work on Linux Operating System. Even though Droplr works perfectly on Windows and iOS, Linux has a major problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, a must recommended application especially for small and medium scale enterprises. As this is cheap application for sharing files, small scale industries can always benefit from such a deal.

I use Droplr majorly to share and store files for my work. Being in office, I always use Droplr to send my files to my colleagues and clients.

Droplr review by <span>Daniyal K.</span>
Daniyal K.

"My favorite way of sharing files and data"

What do you like best?

Droplr is one of the most advanced and innovative file sharing software which has made sharing files, screenshots and screencasts with each other very easy. The user interface is clean and easy to use. Along with this, signing up for this app is free which makes it even more desirable. Files that have to be sent can be easily dragged and attached and also, we can easily change the name or privacy status of each file

What do you dislike?

I've noticed that Droplr doesn't work properly on mobile phones. Or at least, I have faced issues while accessing this software on my mobile phone. A strong internet connection is even needed causing high bandwidth usage. One major disadvantage is the fact that Droplr doesn't have any free subscription, only a trial period is available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. Recommended to all professionals working in the corporate sector. A must have software

I use a MAC and Windows software at business and a lot of software don't support one of the two operating systems making my work more difficult. Droplr, on the other hand, works in both the operating systems. At my current company, a lot of my presentations are given to the doctors who recommend our products. With Droplr, I can not only send large files but also screenshots of my work so the doctors can understand and verify the information. My team is even sent soft copies of my data so Droplr even acts as a software for file storage.

Droplr review by <span>Hans T.</span>
Hans T.

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

I use Droplr since 2012, and it's interesting how little I have to think about it. It sits right in my menu bar, I move a file over the icon and wait for the "bing" to share the file. I tried other file sharing services, and nothing comes as close to the ease of use than Droplr.

Seeing how many times a file got downloaded is a big plus, since I can easily remind collaborators or students to download the file when they take too long. Thinking about it, this seems to be one of features I use constantly. ;-)))

What do you dislike?

Nothing, since it does exactly what I need.

File sharing, occasionally file storage for (a) files that I need to share in the future, or (b) to keep a quick backup of an important work-in-progress. Point is, that with the quick upload, it takes a few seconds to handle the upload, and with the self-destruct I don't need to think about it again.

Droplr review by <span>Matthew S.</span>
Matthew S.

"Overwhelmingly Helpful"

What do you like best?

I'm a designer and because of that I use it a thousand times a day. I love that I can just post links and it appears in Slack, that feature alone has saved me so much time. I love that the link copies immediately and that it's not also cluttering up my desktop with files (like Cloud does). I love it a lot.

What do you dislike?

If I'm honest... I don't like the design too much. I'm a very active use and rarely have to go to the site unless I wanna clean stuff up (which isn't too often, every couple of months). I rarely interface with the site or the app, I rarely have to, I normally just take screenshots and grab my link post it and go from there, but I don't love the site. It's very navigable and useful as is the app, they're just not that pretty!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the handiest tool in my tool belt for showing images. I love how easy it is to use with the short keys. It saves more time than you could ever imagine.

Sharing images with other designers to get feedback and just in that alone this has helped immensely

Learning about Droplr?

* We monitor all Droplr reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.