Droplr

Droplr is a file-sharing tool for Mac and Windows users. Effortlessly share files, screenshots, and screencasts with friends, colleagues, and clients.

Work for Droplr?

Learning about Droplr?

Droplr Reviews

Ask Droplr a Question
Showing 366 Droplr reviews
Droplr review by Dyllan G.
Dyllan G.

"It's Great 75% of the time."

What do you like best?

It absolutely saves computer and cloud space no doubt. That's the main reason we use it at my work place. I like that you can save the links and refer back to them. They store them on a list that includes thumbnails so you don't have to click 100 different links to find the one you're looking for. I also like the feature that you can annotate the screenshots if you need to highlight a certain part of the screen. The video screen capture is really convenient. But it will crash on you if you record more than 8 minutes of screencasting.

What do you dislike?

It's not always reliable. There are times you use it and you get your link right away. Other times you wait 30 or more seconds for the link to generate. They lack user support and when you run into problems they just refer you to their FAQ's. Which is sometimes helpful, but they lack personable support. I would like to see them add more features to the annotate section like smaller text or different color fonts. Currently, they only offer red.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really only works in google chrome. You'll run into problems if you try to use it with Safari

We work with cloud space. So having links like droplr saves space and time. We use it for employee training especially. Attaching regular screenshots simply takes too much time and takes up too much space.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Droplr
Droplr review by Kenny M.
Kenny M.

"Complete Company Changer"

What do you like best?

It takes high quality screenshots without having to take up any space on my hard drive. It's a tremendous tool that really takes the strain off of having to worry about how much space is being taken up by needed screenshots on my computer. Since I work in video and design so often, I have to regularly clear off my hard drive. Droplr takes that problem away and lets me do better.

What do you dislike?

GIF feature. There's no way to adjust the frame rate, which creates very slow GIFs. GIFs often serve a tremendous value when trying to demonstrate issues going on with a client website or a certain video I'm editing. I don't want a problem to take 30 seconds to watch when the actual issue is less than 3 seconds. Yet that can very often happen with the GIF feature stretching out the length of the actual issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need fast screenshot sharing/file sharing, use Droplr. Once you set your custom shortcuts, then the product can be easy to use. The default settings are a bit wonky, but you can customize.

Simply put, we're solving storage space. When our design team needs to evaluate design options fast, instead of having to screen shot and upload, they use Droplr, paste the link, and can talk about the problematic element. This saves us time and space on computer, which increases efficiency because now our team doesn't have to go through and clean up space on their hard drives each month.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

Droplr review by Saniya R.
Saniya R.

"Easy to share than ever before"

What do you like best?

This application is extremely easy to use. These apps are designed to make sharing files easy, so missing this makes it dead on arrival. Droplr is also cheaper than a lot of other similar applications. Less than $5 us also worth the service this software has to offer. You can even use Droplr for free instead of paying for it as a trial for one week. Droplr is even cloud hosted.

What do you dislike?

A major drawback of this software is that Droplr doesn't work on Linux Operating System. Even though Droplr works perfectly on Windows and iOS, Linux has a major problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, a must recommended application especially for small and medium scale enterprises. As this is cheap application for sharing files, small scale industries can always benefit from such a deal.

I use Droplr majorly to share and store files for my work. Being in office, I always use Droplr to send my files to my colleagues and clients.

Droplr review by Daniyal K.
Daniyal K.

"My favorite way of sharing files and data"

What do you like best?

Droplr is one of the most advanced and innovative file sharing software which has made sharing files, screenshots and screencasts with each other very easy. The user interface is clean and easy to use. Along with this, signing up for this app is free which makes it even more desirable. Files that have to be sent can be easily dragged and attached and also, we can easily change the name or privacy status of each file

What do you dislike?

I've noticed that Droplr doesn't work properly on mobile phones. Or at least, I have faced issues while accessing this software on my mobile phone. A strong internet connection is even needed causing high bandwidth usage. One major disadvantage is the fact that Droplr doesn't have any free subscription, only a trial period is available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. Recommended to all professionals working in the corporate sector. A must have software

I use a MAC and Windows software at business and a lot of software don't support one of the two operating systems making my work more difficult. Droplr, on the other hand, works in both the operating systems. At my current company, a lot of my presentations are given to the doctors who recommend our products. With Droplr, I can not only send large files but also screenshots of my work so the doctors can understand and verify the information. My team is even sent soft copies of my data so Droplr even acts as a software for file storage.

Droplr review by Hans T.
Hans T.

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

I use Droplr since 2012, and it's interesting how little I have to think about it. It sits right in my menu bar, I move a file over the icon and wait for the "bing" to share the file. I tried other file sharing services, and nothing comes as close to the ease of use than Droplr.

Seeing how many times a file got downloaded is a big plus, since I can easily remind collaborators or students to download the file when they take too long. Thinking about it, this seems to be one of features I use constantly. ;-)))

What do you dislike?

Nothing, since it does exactly what I need.

File sharing, occasionally file storage for (a) files that I need to share in the future, or (b) to keep a quick backup of an important work-in-progress. Point is, that with the quick upload, it takes a few seconds to handle the upload, and with the self-destruct I don't need to think about it again.

Droplr review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.

"Overwhelmingly Helpful"

What do you like best?

I'm a designer and because of that I use it a thousand times a day. I love that I can just post links and it appears in Slack, that feature alone has saved me so much time. I love that the link copies immediately and that it's not also cluttering up my desktop with files (like Cloud does). I love it a lot.

What do you dislike?

If I'm honest... I don't like the design too much. I'm a very active use and rarely have to go to the site unless I wanna clean stuff up (which isn't too often, every couple of months). I rarely interface with the site or the app, I rarely have to, I normally just take screenshots and grab my link post it and go from there, but I don't love the site. It's very navigable and useful as is the app, they're just not that pretty!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the handiest tool in my tool belt for showing images. I love how easy it is to use with the short keys. It saves more time than you could ever imagine.

Sharing images with other designers to get feedback and just in that alone this has helped immensely

Droplr review by Nick Y.
Nick Y.

"Can't imagine working without Droplr again now.."

What do you like best?

I like it how I can send large image just by dragging my file to Droplr, get a link out of that, and send it to the client. I also love it how I can send comments & annotation just by a couple of clicks away. Pressing shortcut to screenshot, annotate, upload, and then just paste the link on email / Slack / chat. It really saved tons of my time.

What do you dislike?

One of the thing that I don't like recently is a bug that happens when I tried to create annotation. The bug appears when I tried to press "Upload" button (on Mac), and suddenly the arrow / shape I made just went crazy and misplaced. In the case of arrow, it's pointing to the "upload" button I'm trying to click. Made me has to repeat the process again.

And.. when the upload is failed. I got to repeat my annotation again which is annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sharing big files, annotating, video screen recording, and sharing it whether to your clients / teams has never been this easier. I guarantee it can save you TONS of time.

Sharing information whether it be large files, annotated image, has been a part of my working life lately.

In the case of large file, sending the attachment to client (large one) might resulted in bounced email - particulary email with limited inbox size. And that's really frustrating.

Now I can just Droplr it, paste the link in email, and send it. Without ever have to worry about it again.

And since I'm a UX designer, I annotate screens A LOT. And communicating the idea / revision to my employees was never easier.

Droplr review by Dane H.
Dane H.

"Droplr Review"

What do you like best?

Droplr is a great product that I use multiple times each day. I use it for personal use and business use. I originally started my subscription as a free customer, but quickly saw the benefits and became a paid user after a short amount of time. I've been a paid user for a couple of years now. Again, I really like the product and it helps benefit my team every day.

What do you dislike?

There really is not too much that I dislike about Droplr. It is very intuitive and easy to use. One thing that could be improved is that I wish the video sharing aspect was a bit faster in terms of developing the link. Not that it really takes that long, but if I had to pick an aspect that I think Droplr could improve upon, it would be video link building speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that anyone who reviews visual assets use Droplr when going through the reviewing process. Droplr helps provide added visual context that can help the reviewer express himself or herself better. I know, from my experience, that Droplr has helped me better express myself to my team.

From a business perspective, sharing my thoughts using Droplr links is very helpful. I am solving all sorts of issues by including the added visual context that Droplr can provide. Whether image or video, the benefits are numerous and have really helped my team.

Droplr review by Shelby D.
Shelby D.

"Great for sharing screenshots!"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to share screenshots with friends and colleagues rather it be an error on a site or just something I want to grab and send real quick.

What do you dislike?

I do with that I could set an expire time on each file type, eg links never expire, images expire in 7 days etc. That kind of control would be great. Right not the only setting for this was global which there are many cases, especially when sharing URLs I would love to keep those active for much longer.

Another thing would be a true API that plugins could use, my work includes a LOT of WordPress work. I would love to be able to use Droplr to shorten all URLs within my site or customers sites. Also sharing files from within WordPress to Droplr for file downloads would be an added bonus too!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend that people give Droplr a try, I have gotten a lot of other people to start using it when they have seen how easy it was for me to share files/images/etc from my Macbook

Working in a remote team, it has made it easy to share just about anything with my coworkers including code, links, and screenshots of issues that I may have seen.

Droplr review by User in Computer Software

"One of the best productivity apps I have ever used."

What do you like best?

This application/service has helped streamline my work to a level I did not expect. I have gotten several colleagues to sign up and it has been worth every penny. I would recommend it to anyone needing to share digital assets with coworkers or clients. The simplicity and support is hands down one of the best experiences I have had with a collaboration service. Droplr has focused on the essentials and improved it's experience in steady incremental steps which I appreciate as a user. The website, mobile application, and desktop application work in a seamless way, so I am never far away from either reviewing what I have sent a client, or sharing something new with them.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was the possibility to share a catalog/collection/album and not just a single item with a customer or colleague. Another feature I would like is sharing code snippets. You can share text snippets which is great, but I would love to store and share syntax highlighted code snippets as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the premium/pro service over the basic. It allows you to wire up both your domain name as well as brand the pages with your company logo. This really goes a long way to making even the smallest home businesses look and feel much larger and improves your professional presentation with polish.

Sharing assets through development and research processes. This has made it much easier to communicate with my customers and expedite the decision making process. Taking video of software interaction ideas and screenshots of designs has greatly improved the way I communicate with customers and my peers.

Droplr review by jaime b.
jaime b.

"Review on Droplr"

What do you like best?

What i like best is that i get rewards if you refer! it also supports large files and i can just drag and drop any file i need to work on. when i signed up they gave me the option to watch a training video if i wasn't sure how the website worked. you can see who has opened your sent drops and it is really friendly. and all the features i get are just too many. also the apps option is amazing. the email you receive from them at first is helpful and they are really friendly. overall i rate it an A and so far i been satisfied. the person i refer gets a free trial as well! it has the new draw in feature which a lady in a video shows how to use it to create your first drop. Thank You for the opportunity to try it and i will be buying the monthly subscription after the trial is over.

What do you dislike?

nothing really, so far i have had a great experience! thank you for all the hard work that has been put in the system to make it great. it seemed slow at the beginning but now the speed went up

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you obtain this service

i have been able to minimize the work time i spent each day because of this website! and it makes it easy to share with peers and family members.

Droplr review by Kacper J.
Kacper J.

"Fast and stable with no faults from day one!"

What do you like best?

Droplr is fast, simple and easy to use. The shortcut and snipping tool are very useful for a production environment where information, images and files have to be shared. It's also great that Droplr has the annotation option for taken screenshots, as well as the new addition of the blur tool. This is great when trying to hide some information such as sensitive data from certain clients.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more options for the self-destruct option. We use a paid version of Droplr, however, even there cannot decide exactly how many days or months this should be kept. This might be very useful in certain cases.

Lastly, there should also be an option to access the image directly. Even when using the "+" at the end of the link, to view the image directly, the URL that's generated cannot be used in code or programming for example due to the massive query at the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

Droplr has allowed us to share information with clients. Our customers see what we see, and we can annotate the images to point things out. This is very useful when talking about issues or changes in projects. We're able to share problems with clients, or show detailed guides as to how they can resolve these themselves.

Droplr review by Mike A.
Mike A.

"Droplr has always provided the most simple way for me to share files, links, and notes with clients."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly grab a screenshot and have it immediately ready to share. The ability to record a video or gif of part of my screen is something that I don't think that any photographer or designer can live without, once they have tried it.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I can say I honestly dislike. The iOS app can be a bit wonky at times. When view a file it will show nothing but a black screen and then a white bar across the bottom where the toolbar is. This is on iOS 10 on an iPhone 6s. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix it. However, waiting and coming back later seems to work.

When working on editing a photo or design, it's nice to be able to grab a quick snippet of what I'l working on and then sending it off in Slack or iMessage. Annotations help in this area as well.

Droplr review by Eric E.
Eric E.

"Super tool for showing work to clients!"

What do you like best?

It's fast and easy. Keyboard shortcuts + copied link to clipboard makes for speedy updates in design conversations.

What do you dislike?

Color shift. Hue and Saturation are always a bit shifted on screen captures. My monitors are color calibrated and will load a separate profile for display. There is always a slight but noticeable difference in color between Screencaps and display/saved-file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Droplr is very quick and useful. The price is reasonable, though you may be able to find similar packages that are free (though, I would not expect them to STAY free, and once you have an archive of your shared images, you will be compelled to hold on to them in many cases).

As a freelance illustrator and games artist I need to communicate visual ideas quickly with my clients. Droplr makes that happen easily for me. Communication is key, and Droplr makes that much quicker.

Droplr review by Mark Williams – C.
Mark Williams – C.

"Incredibly easy to use - makes collaborating in a team MUCh easier"

What do you like best?

Droplr is amazing in the fact that it creates a simple way to send screen shots and videos of important information back and forth amongst team members (or even to customers) quickly and easily. If one of my customers or employees has an issue, I can walk them through the issue with a video within seconds.

What do you dislike?

It's slightly more expensive than I think it should be. But theres no question that there's value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT. If you do any sort of communicating with your team online, it will definitely simplify your life.

Sometimes my employees or customers will have questions that are just easier to explain over the phone or in a video. With Droplr, I can record a quick video that walks them through step by step what they need to do. The video automatically uploads and they can get the help they need and be on their way in minutes.

Droplr review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"An excellent application for sharing work fast! A+"

What do you like best?

I love the speed at which you can share files or screenshots and that it copies your uploaded file to the clipboard...it is so much faster than using something like Dropbox! I love it! The ability to set items to auto-destruct after a few hours or days is also incredibly useful as it prevents you from ending up with a huge messy list of things you've shared. The recent addition of tagging is also great because it allows you to categorise and find previous drops really quickly.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the updates seem to get a bit broken on my mac at work, but that is probably something that is only a problem for me. It could be due to the configuration of our network or that I have a couple of conflicting installs. I've not got a lot to complain about to be honest, there is some occasional down-time or issues relating to the service being down but the support staff are also responsive whether it's via the in app messaging service or via social media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a lightweight fast approach to sharing screenshots and files fast, whilst keeping an archive of everything you've sent previously - then Droplr is perfect for you!

Being able to avoid sending massive emails with huge attachments on them is incredible... not only does it reduce the pressure on my colleagues inbox limits, but it also allows me to have a constant backup of everything I've sent via Droplr!

Droplr review by Dave S.
Dave S.

"Useful web storage tool."

What do you like best?

(Windows user) The ability to upload any file, executables and DLLs included, and having them easily accessible is great. Up and download speeds are very good from rural Ireland. I tend to use the web interface most and that's working well. The automatic tagging is very useful and always comes in handy after I've uploaded a file!

What do you dislike?

1. The web interface's large icons are a waste of screen space - redesigning the grey oversized icons would help, along with allowing user to decide how the interface should look - I'd be happy with an FTP style listing to be honest - File name, date created, owner, link, and tags would be enough.

2. The d.pr URI isn't allowed on some social networks. Only seen it banned by Steam chat, but suspect they're not alone.

3. Lack of a directory structure - I know the tags are to deal with this but ideally I'd like to put all VSTs and plugins (DLLs) into one directory, semi-finished tracks in another and mastered mixes in another. At the moment all tracks have to appear together unless I tag them.

4. Having to compress directories to upload ;) (I understand that it would not be possible to get round this without rewriting a whole bunch of internet protocols!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple, not very frilly or silly, robust file sharing platform.

Being able to share music files simply and directly with clients; Being able to share plugins (especially DLLs) without complaint - not possible with most web mail clients; Solving issue of limited downloads of licensed products.

Droplr review by Alexander E.
Alexander E.

"Team file collaboration & more at it's best ❗"

What do you like best?

The Dolphin's Voice (TDV) is using Droplr as a tool for communication & collaboration. We want to make our working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Droplr is really a simple way to share files & more with team members anywhere. One great features is the support for large files and the in-browser previews for Images, Video, Audio, Documents, Notes, Links, & more. Last but not least we like the "Collections" feature, so we can organise everything that we share with tags.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - can't wait to see additional features that the team behind Droplr will release in the future :-) Maybe also a Linux version ? :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give Droplr a spin and see how you will like and enjoy the tool that really saves you time in many ways!

With Droplr we solved the problems to easily share screenshots, branded links and files without hassles. We realised a lot of benefits working with Droplr. One outstanding features for us is to be able to create branded links that reflects our main url.

Droplr review by Chris Hull, W.
Chris Hull, W.

"Great way to send screeshots and screenshares"

What do you like best?

This tool has been huge for us as a team. We are constantly sending screenshots and video screenshares via Slack or email to our remote team. The fact that I can share the screenshot and video instantly via a link makes this tool invaluable. The simplicity of using Droplr is my favorite feature.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Droplr is the upload time on larger files. I understand that it takes time for larger items, so it's not a big deal, but it can be time consuming when you approach 30+ minutes on the upload.

We are able to get answers faster for questions because instead of describing the situation, we can simply send a screenshot and a video screenshare answer. It absolutely makes our team communication better and allows us to be more thorough with your support answers.

Droplr review by Lauren M.
Lauren M.

"Easy to implement and extremely useful"

What do you like best?

Quick file sharing and easy screen recordings; spending more time on my ideas and less on how to share them. As a digital marketer, it's also nice to create collections for creative tasks - they are like inspiration boards I can add to whenever something inspires me.

What do you dislike?

There is a lag before the drop is uploaded to the clipboard, and I find myself pasting what was previously copied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many great tools with Droplr - it's not just a screenshot tool. I am partial to the screen recordings feature, collections and GIFs. There are so many ways to use it in your workflow, and the hotkeys make it super simple to implement. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

As a digital marketer, I find it very effective when communicating issues or ideas to the development team. The screen recordings easily clarify what's going on so they can create a plan to fix it. Annotations for screenshots are also extremely useful when i'm conveying ideas to designers or clients.

Droplr review by Darian W.
Darian W.

"Great until I added more screens than it could handle"

What do you like best?

I loved how it worked, it was simple and intuitive and fit my needs appropriately. I especially loved the ability to use my own subdomain.

What do you dislike?

I went from 2 1080p screens to 2 4k screens and one 1080p screen. This isn't a terribly crazy setup, particularly for someone who works from home with computers. Unfortunately Droplr no longer works for me, and despite direct communication with their development team they've so far been totally unable to resolve the problem. I carried out exhaustive testing and emailed them the specific results, even offering to try out beta builds or give them access to my PC, but I don't think I've heard back from them in about a month now since we definitively established the issue was the sum pixel area. Disappointing, and I haven't been able to use the product since.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it if you have more than 2x4k monitor's worth of total pixels, it simply will not work (on Windows, at least).

Otherwise it's great.

I work support for DigitalOcean, and the primary use is showing customers what I'm looking at or what they should be doing to achieve a desired outcome. Speed is key, so the ability to seamlessly take and upload screenshots is very important. Droplr solved all of these problems and even helped communication within my team.

Droplr review by francisco a.
francisco a.

"Wonderful software for sharing content"

What do you like best?

I use it daily. I use it to send captures, photos, videos to my friends and colleagues. I also use it to feed my social networks with new content. It's great. Easy to use, fast and reliable. For me everything is positive. In addition, you can set passwords for access to content and expiration to information, does anyone give more?

What do you dislike?

For me, everything is great, but I would improve only 1 thing: I need to be able to have more expiration options, because 1 week is very little (as maximum limit). You need to be able to have longer options: 1 month, 3 months, would be perfect. With that change, Droplr would be the best !!

With this unique change, Droplr would improve for more professional use. I also recommend that when you click Upload of any capture / content, Droplr's local application asks what is the expiration period you want (please include terms longer than 1 month, 3 months, to allow professional use)

Another suggestion is to allow you to choose (in Video Capture) HD and Standard encoding to reduce the size

Finally, a great improvement is: next to the Upload button, place another new "Save" button to allow to save to our local computer without uploading to the cloud (both captured videos and images etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Droplr everything is easier and faster. Nothing will ever be the same. It is an essential tool for any business, even for domestic users

Feed social networks with little effort. Share information among partners and partners

Droplr review by Bjørn Edvard T.
Bjørn Edvard T.

"Great, but expensive"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, the screencast to gif feature, the URL shortening service, the annotation features and the overall glitchless experience.

What do you dislike?

I wholeheartedly loathe that there are no options between the free service and the PRO subscription. I work as a teacher in the Norwegian public college segment, and even though I could have use for more than the free 10 drops per month, I really can't justify spending $120 a year out of my private budget just for the availability of a few more drops per month. There's absolutely no way that my employer would be able and/or willing to pay for it. I sincerely can't believe that I am alone in thinking that, and I thus think Droplr is missing out on a great opportunity by not catering for the professional with intermediate needs who would pay out of their own pocket for using this otherwise splendid service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service, but paid subscription sadly too expensive.

As a teacher in creative subjects like arts, design and architecture (including software), I share everything from internet links to images, files, designs and instructional screencasts. There is a huge gap between sharing 10 drops (free) and unlimited drops at $10 a month. I would consider it very strongly if a subscription of $5 per month for, let's say 150 included drops, 20 GB user bandwith and5 GB of storage were offered. For a third ($3.33), It would be no question. I have been offered free intro months, $10 gift cards and so on, but the thing is that I'm in it for the long haul and offers like that would be nothing more than wetting my pants to keep myself warm – I'd still end up freezing.

Droplr review by Darlanne D.
Darlanne D.

"Droplr is my most used app, period"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is what I like best. With a simple keyboard shortcut, I can select a screenshot from any area and I don't even have to take extra steps to copy and paste. The link is automatically copied. I use this feature literally dozens of times a day for my design work, and for mockups. It even has a wonderful built in feature for Photoshop, that whatever document I have opened, it will take a perfectly sized screenshot for me.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could bulk select items in my Home area to delete/manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have sent probably at least a dozen people over to Droplr. Most were clients, some were friends and family members who kept trying to utilize browser extensions to screenshot, or did not know how at all. My clients also see that I use the branded version of the product, and I receive questions and compliments about it. So yes, I definitely recommend Droplr!

I recently started taking advantage of the screencast feature. Just yesterday, I was able to screencast a difficult problem I was having with another app, to send to the developer. It captured the visible action of the issue, rather than my explaining. Dropl again saved the day!

Droplr review by Aubrey J.
Aubrey J.

"Excellent productivity tool"

What do you like best?

Droplr has and has always had an easy to use shortcut feature to upload screengrabs in a single action. Hit the shortcut key combo and the cursor immediately turns into a crosshair after you select the area it automatically uploads AND copies the URL to the clipboard.

Other companies just can't get that right and I love that Droplr has and always has it like this.

What do you dislike?

Their web UI used to be a little clunky and hard to search. It's gotten a lot better now though. I do not like their new branding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some people use Dropbox or Cloud, I like the specificity of Droplr. It's incredibly good at the thing it does. For that reason, I recommend it.

I save a lot of time and have effortless communication with this tool. I'm a designer so being able to communicate quickly before investing a ton of time into an idea is critical. Droplr facilitates that.

Droplr review by Jamie F.
Jamie F.

"Ease of information transfer is why I use Droplr."

What do you like best?

The feature I like best about Droplr is the simple ability to transfer a file, from one computer to the next, via the cloud by dragging and dropping a file or folder on the Droplr icon. I don't have to specify a location, name, or wait for it to upload, like I was doing prior by sending emails with attachments to myself, with Droplr, that all happens in the background without my intervention.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to download files directly from the Droplr desktop app. Instead, I am directed to the Droplr website, where I can download the files. It would save me time by being able to download files directly from the desktop app. The Window desktop app hotkey control panel would benefit from a make-over. My multiple attempts to use it have often yielded no results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Droplr advertises their collaboration tools most frequently, and I have used most of them to certain degrees. However, I find their best feature to be the way that it allows me to send files from one computer to another on my own terms, managing the logistics without impacting productivity.

My problem was file management between computers. My previous solution was using email to send myself file attachments, which I could then download from any computer. Using email was slow, hard to keep track of, and used up too much of my email providers inbox storage. Droplr helped me to resolve most of these problems.

Droplr review by James R.
James R.

"The tool you didn't know you needed. Use it for a week and you won't be able to live without it."

What do you like best?

I love how fast I can share things. That fact that I can bind Droplr to custom key binds is great - it's always available. Links are automatically copied to my clipboard as soon as I take a screen shot or record a video - just one less step I have to do myself that genuinely shaves time.

I like that I can set expiry dates on my drops. Notes is a great feature and I'm looking forward to using the new code snippets feature too.

The fact that drops are hosted via unique links eliminates the need for old school email attachments. It also removes any particular software requirements. As long as you have a browser - you're good.

What do you dislike?

The recent update to windows (3.3.3 I think it was) was just a pain. It promised so many new features, but in turn broke a lot of the old features.

I think the product is great - but what would make it better is features we're testing more thoroughly on ALL platforms. Don't ship something that's broken.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you share things often online, work in a team, work with customers online throughout the day, capture screen shots or record videos for guides and demos. This tool will genuinely save you a lot of time and turn you into an efficient sharing machine.

The biggest value for me is demonstrating things to customers. I work with a big CMS all day - often sharing a 30 second video so much easier and faster than writing a step by step email.

Droplr review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Screenshot sharing done easy :)"

What do you like best?

I like how its so easy to take a screenshot, annotate and send to a colleague. The ability to save shots and keep them somewhere safe is cool too since we might need them in the future.

What do you dislike?

One things I don't like about Droplr is the app view on the web. Its hard to differentiate between shots and I was confused with the interaction when selecting between multiple shots. I understand why I have to click on a drop and link to open a previous shot after using a couple times. Maybe have a side panel or differentiation between the shots view and details view. I also feel like when Droplr is used with the whole team, it might be overwhelming if a team of 5-6 start saving screenshots to one page. I would almost think that there would be an admin to manage the screenshots.. Would be nice if it was automatically categorized and organized. Please please please add a functionality where users can save the screenshot to their desktop or designated folder. It is a hassle to go to the web and download shots when I want the actual file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend if you want to easily take screenshots and save them. You can also take videos and share them which is awesome. I can always go back to the web to see previously saved links, photos, files, videos, and notes. Great job Droplr team and keep it up :)

The face that screenshots are safely stored on the web is a plus! When I have to go back and review some screenshots I took, I can always go back to the web and show my colleagues.

Droplr review by Tomasz S.
Tomasz S.

"A Simple Problem, Simplified"

What do you like best?

If you upload files mainly from a Mac, though, the Droplr Mac app will be a very nice surprise. It’s got the same drag-and-drop sharing convenience that CloudApp has, but with extra features. Hover over anything you’ve uploaded to Droplr in the menu, and you’ll see a preview of it, as well as an option to copy the link, share the file on social networks or by email, make it private, or delete it. The copy link option alone has saved me tons of time. Then, you can upload files or links directly from many apps to Droplr from the menu or by pressing Alt+D, or compose and upload a note directly from the app.

What do you dislike?

Hmmmm mmmmm mmmm mmmmm mmmm mmmm mmmmm.... I love Droplr :-)

Speaking of smarts - my files = my links.

I can add my domain, customize my drop background (a small extra, given), and I can see more detailed stats on my shared files.

Droplr review by Dominique-Alain J.
Dominique-Alain J.

"I use it everyday"

What do you like best?

Droplr doesn't leave the top of my screen. I like to capture the whole and long page of a website just with one click. Droplr is the tool I use to quickly make and send colleagues a screen copy/screencast and send for helping them to solve their IT problems. I am using Droplr to capture an note information on the screen and also Evernote to store information for the long term. Droplr + Evernote + Dropbox are the centre of my Personal Teaching Environment (PTE).

What I like with Droplr is the ability to crate either screen copies or screen casts. Before I was using two diffrents tools to do this and now I can decide on the spot what is better according to what I want to communicate with my colleagues.

I also like the fact that when a screenshot or screencast is saved on Droplr, you immediately get a link to it, link you can paste in an email or post on the forum/Skype/GoogleHandout, directly in the middle of the conversation.

I was initially sceptical with this service but since I have decided to use it, I don't know how I was doing it before when I was not aware Drpolr existing.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found yet something I can't do with Droplr. I wish having more tools or more options with the tools when anotating the screenshots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using the software with a trial and free account and then decide how and whether it is worth to invest in Dropl.

IT teaching support

Droplr review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Droplr is an essential tool in our Digital Agency workflow"

What do you like best?

Sending files should not really be a task, it should never be in the way of the actual work you're doing. Using droplr uploading files is just a keystroke away. With the feature to get a link even while its still uploading you just send the link and no time gets lost.

Amazing as well is the fact that you never have to worry about filesizes, we upload documents, images an videos aswell. The instant preview of certain types like images and videos also increased the rate of people consuming the contents since it's faster and easier to consume.

For bug tracking, the screengrabbing and annotation features have proven to be absolutely amazing, we couldn't live without them anymore.

What do you dislike?

A year ago the video/gif feature was very buggy but they fixed everything really nicely. Apart from that a simple restart of the app always fixed issues.

As a digital agency we have to quickly explain situations and deliver files hundreds of times each month. Droplr lets us cut time wasted in tedious upload forms and focus on the creative process instead.

Another benefit is that since shared files are not changed anymore, they nicely represent a certain snapshot of the file of a given moment. That means that even if you changed something on the source file, the link always retrieves the file of the moment you uploaded it. While this sounds naturally and super-basic, it's really something that enhances your workflow.

Droplr review by Joseph G.
Joseph G.

"I bought a copy for my whole development team."

What do you like best?

The annotation support combined with the fast uploading for a qualified shareable URL is extremely good. I probably take 20-30 screenshots a day for sending to remote workers.

The tools on the annotation are exactly what I need as well, simple and straight forward tools, I don't need or wants stars, emojis, etc.

The mac application runs in the system bar instead of cluttering up my dock. This is a huge plus for me.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan of the web portal - I simply don't use it that much, and the organization of the screenshots on a heavy user like myself wasn't great. However, I don't care about the web portal - as I'm not using that in any way.

I wish the screenshots were locally saved as well so that I didn't have to go to the website to get a screenshot file for this very survey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Skype, Basecamp and work with a distributed team and client you'll use it constantly after the first day and it will be indispensable when you need to go back and have a chat with a client regarding an issue.

The ability to take an annotated screenshot and send it to a remote worker, client, or contact is ridiculously useful. Having an arrow point at exactly what button, text field, or comment saves hours of time.

I make every bug report, issue, and QA resolution submitted include a screenshot.

We're much more productive and I softly push my clients into picking up a copy as well. It adds so much clarity to the process of "I'm seeing something wrong" that the time savings is worth it to me to purchase a copy for them.

Droplr review by Adam V.
Adam V.

"Review of Droplr"

What do you like best?

Screenshots and screencasts are super easy to use. I like being able to have a custom domain for my drops. It is very useful for me to be able to send a short URL to users and also have the statistics of if someone has viewed a Drop. The pricing options are very fair for the service and I have yet to find a better screenshot and/or sharing service out there that I could use.

What do you dislike?

Web interface is a little confusing and harder to use than the regular app. Because I work for myself I don't have a lot of need for some of the other more premium features offered (business size) so I don't dislike this per se, but I don't really need all of those features.

The GIF creation is a little flaky sometimes, especially if it is a little longer than what you might expect. Also, when doing the screencasting as a video, there aren't many controls for audio so it makes it harder to tell. If there was a way to make a video but not include audio, that would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There aren't many better services that I can find out there for sharing screenshots, other than something like Dropbox (which I do use but is a bit clunky and overkill for a quick one-off). I would recommend for sure.

I am a developer so I send screenshots for technical issues and/or explanations if a client needs help. The easy URL shortening and stats for who has viewed Drops is very useful.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who needs to use a service like Droplr - it's great for small businesses and individual developers.

Droplr review by Chad L.
Chad L.

"Droplr is perfect for what I do"

What do you like best?

The ease of sharing. I can share a link, text, picture or a file to download with virtually anyone and it takes them to a nicely designed minimal webpage. It's perfect for lots of things. Uploading is fast too, which is a plus.

What do you dislike?

As a designer, I just don't like Droplr's logo. But that's basically the only thing I don't like. I loved the old drop icon for the logo, not the weird "D." Just picky for me I guess. The service though is top-notch for me. The website is well designed as well as the app. I love the fact that I can use keyboard shortcuts or just drag and drop links and images into the menubar on the Mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a designer working with clients, Droplr is a must-have for sharing larger files like Illustrator and Indesign documents. The nice download page is easy for even the most un-techy person to navigate and I've never had anyone tell me something didn't work when I sent them a Droplr link. It's just so much easier than running your own server, and the price is great for the benefit.

Downloadable files on individual web pages that I can share easily has changed the game for me. Having no limit on file size is a huge plus, because I can share large files with links via email. Personal branding on my pages is a plus as well. I love sharing short links with people instead of large ones, especially in an email. It keeps things clean and not so messy looking with huge long links.

Droplr review by Josh G.
Josh G.

"Droplr Makes Communicating Easier"

What do you like best?

I love how fast and easy it is to grab a screen shot or capture a screen video/gif to communicate something to a colleague, friend, or family member. A lot of times, it's much more time-effective to simply grab a quick screenshot of something, annotate it really quick to emphasize a certain area, then send it off to whomever you're communicating with. Droplr makes that dead simple, and crazy fast. I can't even imagine how much time it's saved me, and how many paragraphs of text inside emails it's helped me avoid having to type out.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't much I dislike about Droplr. I've had some issues in the past screen recording or GIF capture, but app updates have fixed those issues. The only other thing I wish was better was the iOS app. I'd love to see 3D touch implemented, and other ways to more easily access links when I'm on the go. Other than that, however, I just really love Droplr.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best possible option out there for sending files, screenshots, and screen video captures. It doesn't have feature-bloat to make it more complex than it needs to be, and it gets the job done every time. I love Droplr.

I solve a lot of business problems with Droplr. I'm a filmmaker, and sometimes sending links to clients to stream or download their videos can be difficult for them to understand. I sometimes send them directly through Droplr (and that's super easy,) but if I'm sending through Google Drive, sometimes I need to instruct my clients on how to download/access their files. It's so easy to use Droplr to show people how to do things on the computer. Everything from basic tech support, to more complex step-by-step processes, Droplr makes things much simpler. There's other tools out there that have the same functionality as Droplr (Dropbox, Skitch, Evernote, etc. etc.,) but none of them are as fast as Droplr. It's so easy.

Droplr review by Kennon B.
Kennon B.

"A useful tool that I rely on daily"

What do you like best?

The stability and ease of use across platforms. I can login anywhere and have access to all of my drops and forward them on, or review them, etc...

What do you dislike?

There are really only two downsides I have about Droplr. #1 is the lack of keyboard shortcuts when editing a screenshot. I would love to be able to quickly jump between tools without having to use the mouse. #2 is the cost. It can be a bit hard to swallow spending $50/yr for storing / sharing files when you could just use Dropbox, or Google Drive, for free, but the storage isn't why I pay for Droplr. It's the tools they have built on top of that storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me, it was a matter of how much was my time worth? If you enjoy tinkering to create an experience similar to Droplr, then go for it, but for me I wanted a system that just worked and worked well. Droplr fit the bill.

Droplr allows me to control distribution of files across the internet. Whether I'm emailing, sending via Slack, Facebook, etc... I can make sure that the people I want to have access to my files are the only people seeing those files. I can also review the access and revoke it for any file at a later date.

Droplr review by Gabe A.
Gabe A.

"Love Droplr and use it daily!"

What do you like best?

As a product manager for a software company, Droplr makes it super-easy to share with my colleagues exactly what I'm seeing—and I can even annotate screenshots. Capture, upload, and copy to clipboard with a single keyboard shortcut!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. :) I find Droplr great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the keyboard shortcuts. The Chrome plugin is also great for capturing the entire page when there's a long page to share with colleagues.

Droplr is great for using in conjunction with Slack and other apps since you get a single link you can post in multiple channels, discussions, or Pivotal Tracker stories for working with dev... or share directly with individuals in Slack or email, too.

Easy to highlight important areas of focus or annotate, or communicate to dev through visual direction what changes I want to see on a particular page of our website.

Droplr has become an indispensable part of my daily workflow for sharing feedback and suggestions with design or dev, or conveying to stakeholders upcoming or new website changes.

Droplr review by Megan B.
Megan B.

"One of my favorite products"

What do you like best?

I love their Mac app and their iOS app and how they work flawlessly together. For instance:

1) With a few key clicks I can easily take a screenshot add an arrow to it and paste it into a ticket or slack chat

2) I can easily take a screenshot on my phone, upload it to droplr and have the link automatically pasted into my desktop clipboard. Saves me tons of time

3) Links never expire so we can use them in our ticketing systems

We work in a remote team so the ability to easily explain something to someone visually is HUGE and droplr is my #1 tool for that.

What do you dislike?

At my last company someone has a chromebook and wasn't as thrilled with the experience there.

* Easily communicate ideas visually

* Share design mocks between the team

* report bugs visually

* make sharing mobile screenshots easy

Droplr review by Sky E.
Sky E.

"Using Droplr for Design has been Great"

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about Droplr is the screenshot ability. It's so much easier to show developers or other designers what I'm designing with a link to a screenshot, than actually having to save the image or share my screen.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more color options when drawing on a screenshot. The only other thing is that sometimes the link will take a long time to copy to my clipboard. Sometimes, I go to paste and the link is an old link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with learning the tools—they come in handy! Also, the GIF capture is so fun.

It is a lot faster to share progress with designers or developers. The screen capture feature has significantly helped my work flow as well as the work flow of my team.

Droplr review by Momo F.
Momo F.

"Functionally working reliably, not fluent and responsive enough"

What do you like best?

I love that you can store anything, and it instantly makes it into a link. That I can store stuff forever, and offer my products and sheets as downloads publicly. I love that it does what it should do, reliably. I love that it instantly copies the link into my clipboard

What do you dislike?

I don't like that its sometimes hard to tell if its uploading - and how far it is. I would like to see instant feedback+percentage bars.

I also don't think the design is the best. It should be super easy to copy the link - because thats what you want primarily. I would love a better android app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Drive is very similar - just more expensive for a lot of files.

It helps me give away products, pdfs and videos to download in membership pages.

Aswell as quickly share something with my friend.

Droplr review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Simple to use, integrates well in to daily workflow"

What do you like best?

I like the integration in to the mac menu bar as well as it can be used from a contextual menu (share menu). All the options I need for modifying the privacy of my shared files, changing the title, adding tags, and sharing options are quickly available from this menu. The ability to capture screenshots, screencasts, and other items is also very useful. Tech support has been good when I have a question.

What do you dislike?

You cannot search for past drops from the menu, instead you have to go to the website. Searching is not quite as robust as I'd like it to be on the website, but it works.

Saves me a ton of time sending large files to customers. Also I can post file links for download at my seminars I teach. Easy to manage the files I upload and share for re-use and re-purposing.

Droplr review by Jamain Freeman, D.
Jamain Freeman, D.

"Droplr Is an Amazing Software...LOVE IT!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and shortcuts for the different actions to create screencasts or screenshots. I also love the ability to be able to have one shortcut go directly to the drawing section so I can mock up the screenshots.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when a link is copied and posted on social media, the actual image doesn't show up. Someone has to click on the link and go to the droplr page in order to see the image. I hate that and feel like it should be like any other image link, they should the actual image. Normally when people are using droplr in my industry it's because they want to show errors or ask questions about a specific page. Being able to see the graphic right then and there saves time and energy.

Being able to support clients and providing tutorials, etc..

Droplr review by Carrie W.
Carrie W.

"Droplr Impresses My Clients While Saving Me Time"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing is being able to quickly capture part of my screen and annotate it. My second favorite is the ability to create a quick video of my screen that I can narrate. Add to that the fact that all of those uploads stay in my account forever, and it's the perfect tool for Account Management.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced anything negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, then try to live without it. #notpossible

As an SEO Specialist, I'm serving my clients by capturing and annotating internet search results. I'm also recording my screen and narrating "How To" videos that are specific to their websites. The "wow" factor makes a huge impact, all while saving me a TON of time. Anyone who has written an instruction email for a client knows that it can be a painful process. A quick video is MUCH easier to customize.

Droplr review by Jeremy T.
Jeremy T.

"Long time user, for a reason"

What do you like best?

It's quick and easy to use, has all the features I want, save one.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the web UI or even the apps organize drops. It would be nice if it would categorize the images alone even and suggest tags, then allow me to group them based on that information. I have literally tens of thousands of drops, maybe even a hundred thousand who knows, and it's hard/impossible to find things that I haven't just done, or previously saved short code info on somewhere else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously consider your options. You will arrive at Droplr in the end, I'm sure of it. The product is simple, but packs a lot of features you'll want. Can't recommend it enough.

All I can say at the moment is, working with machine learning on ways to change the nature of work.

Droplr review by Albert K.
Albert K.

"Why Droplr is better than Dropbox"

What do you like best?

With Droplr you don't need to force your colleagues or friends to have the same app to be able to get your files. You don't have a size limit and you don't lose your file while sharing it. Droplr is the best option for file sharing and one on one costumer assistance. Get it, use it, love it.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a hierarchical folder in your desktop computer. It would be great that you can have a folder inside your computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it first. Sometimes you are used to a way of work because of the tools you used. Once you're ready for Droplr you'll never go back.

I'm an audio producer and graphic designer. Both needs a good file sharing experience to be productive. With Droplr I can interact with client conplains and delivered in one step.

Droplr review by Josh H.
Josh H.

"Happy customer for years! "

What do you like best?

Being able to quickly access Droplr from the mac toolbar has been key. It's easily the fastest way for me to share something.

What do you dislike?

I don't have too many dislikes. keep my use case very simple in that I really only share existing files. I don't use Droplr for creating content like notes and screen recording so I guess you can say I just don't like those other things :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple. Embrace that. It doesn't need to solve ALL problems, but solves very clear problems.

Definitely the speed in file sharing as been #1 solve for me.

I've also at times used it as a historical reference for things. I've found myself digging for back in history to find something important. So this would be the "found" benefit.

Droplr review by Adam T.
Adam T.

"Droplr is one of my most used & beloved apps"

What do you like best?

The speed in which I can share annotated screenshots, screencasts, and files with my team. I also like that I can access all of this at a later date.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow sometimes, and seems more likely to crash than other apps I use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a way to quickly share screenshots and screencasts, and even annotate them, there are no tools superior to Droplr. This tool has revolutionized the way I share with my team.

As a designer I need to quickly and easily share annotated screenshots of work, and I have not found a faster, more useful way of doing that than with Droplr. Outside of the obvious tools (Sketch, etc.). Droplr has probably contributed to more productive work than any other.

Droplr review by Anatoli N.
Anatoli N.

"Cheap and reliable"

What do you like best?

Droplr is one of the best file sharing services on the market and had a huge improvement in the last few years, when switched to paid memberships only.

What do you dislike?

Good overall functions but some parts are still missing such as music preview (player) for audio files, but other filetypes have been added and it supports pretty well code and markdown files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Droplr has been doing good overall yet there are some little things missing such as the audio player for audio file which would be really handy if you want to share music with people.

Droplr does a really good job with both small and large files and allows us to quickly share them thanks to the desktop apps which allow you not spend much time with logins and just to do what you're supposed to do.

Droplr review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Droplr saves me hours of work and makes me look more professional."

What do you like best?

I look more professional because my clients are able to click on a branded link to download their reports and review screenshots from me. No more emails bouncing because the attached file was rejected or too large.

What do you dislike?

Not everyone understands how to use the URL shortened link that I send via Droplr. For some people they just don't get how to use the link, so I have to send an attached file in the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't know that you need it until you've tried it. It saves you tons of time you never knew you were wasting!

I'm solving the issue of not being able to send large files over email. And I've realized that my communication is much better because I'm able to create a short animated screen share to illustrate my email.

Droplr review by Tony L.
Tony L.

"Spend More Time Producing and Less Time Uploading and Editing"

What do you like best?

The quick upload feature that also produces a share link upon completion.

What do you dislike?

I wasn't sure if this was the recent update but I miss dragging and dropping things onto the Droplr icon.

During my time freelancing I have spent a lot of my time having to organizing my DropBox folder and remove items when they are no longer in use. The hassle of uploading and having to go through the trouble of finding the link or the file when it is done created a bit of a time consuming issue. After using Droplr I realized I didn't have to worry about this. I was able to create self destruct links and uploading was as simple as right clicking and hitting a button and what do you know? When it's done it even copied the link!

Droplr review by Angie H.
Angie H.

"Droplr is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Although it costs money, I really like that I can brand it for my company – it gives that extra air of professionalism. Additionally, I like how easy it is to use – just drag the image, text/code snippet, whatever to the menubar icon and it gives you the URL straightaway.

What do you dislike?

Although I don't do it often, when I log into my account on the droplr website, I really don't like the interface. Part of it is the way the drops are laid out I think. Not crazy about that "masonry" style in this scenario.

The biggest benefit is having an easy way to save screenshots so that I can send to clients without having to attach an image. And it doesn't fill up my drive (like it would with something like Dropbox).

Droplr review by Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.

"Quick, easy, and intuitive."

What do you like best?

This application is quick and easy to build into my workflow. I send a lot of screen shots for my work, and droplr makes it super simple.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any issues that I've run into. I use SnagIt for my recordings; perhaps it would be nice to have a plug-in to integrate directly there. Otherwise, this is my go-to application, and I don't know how I'd make it better.

I need to send customers screen shots and quick videos for the support of the software we sell, but I've always run into storage problems. Having the automatic retention set on these makes it very easy to send the info to my customers, but not worry about the data sitting around forever or needing to go clean up the old links.

Droplr review by Danny P.
Danny P.

"Essential service"

What do you like best?

Droplr makes it so easy to effortlessly share anything I want with anyone.

What do you dislike?

It's not the cheapest product in the world, but I still think it's worth it.

I use it as a remote employee to give my fellow colleagues context on a problem I'm having. I also use it to document defects that I find with the software that I'm collaborating on.

More and more, I use it to simply share any file I need to, or in a pinch transfer assets from my computer to a remote server because I can use wget on the URL that Droplr gives me.

Quick and easy screen casting is also a Boon. I really love the ability to capture a gif or video.

Droplr review by James M.
James M.

"Reliable and Useful in ways you don't expect"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ability to draw/edit the screenshots I take. Of course as soon as I finish editing, it uploads and converts it into a link within seconds. Very convenient.

Having the ability to turn a screencast into a gif is quite useful for sharing, since it doesn't require much bandwidth to play it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the screencasting can be unreliable, in-which you would record the screencast and it'll disappear without notice or uploading. Recently I haven't found this happening as much. I also find the way you start and stop the screencast to be a little cumbersome.

I find the lack of mobile apps for Droplr disappointing, particularly on Android. I would like the ability to access my drops quickly and re-grab the link to share quite a pain when on mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quite reliable and useful in many ways.

This software allows me to share and point out specific things I find without having directly link the source material and guide them to the point I'm referencing. The fact I can do this within seconds gives me unmatched convenience. Since it's so reliable I find myself using it for things I wouldn't have thought about.

Droplr review by Christian B.
Christian B.

"Great Utility "

What do you like best?

I like Droplr because it keeps my screenshots from clogging up my desktop. It's a must at my company for sending screenshots and saving them in the cloud. There are a lot of features that the software has that my company simply pays for and doesn't use. I like the fact that there is a tool bar experience. It's my primary interface with the app.

What do you dislike?

It feels like it takes an extra click or two to get going. Loading can be incovenient at times as well. Sometimes, I just bite the bullet and do an old fashioned screen shot. As I stated in my previous response, there are several features that my company pays for and doesn't use. We use it primarily as a tool for cloud hosted screenshots so that we don't have to clog up our desktop and hard drive. I should be able to get more familiar with the keyboard shortcuts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a cool utility. It's definitely helpful, but sometimes it isn't as easy to use as I'd like it to be for addicting use.

We're a communications agency, so we pride ourselves on communicating as efficiently as possible on the behalf of our clients as well as across our agency. I've realized that having the ability to use mixed media in your communications enhances reader sentiment tremendously. Droplr helps us not waste our resources by sending cat gifs back and forth between each other.

Droplr review by Simon T.
Simon T.

"Extreme Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

This tool is amazing for quickly getting ideas to someone else who is not directly available in the room. From annotating screenshots to short videos, the process of creating simple media to share with someone else is simple and smooth. This is absolute must have tool for anyone who needs to convey ideas, workflows, or problems in a high speed environment. The keyboard shortcuts are a must use.

What do you dislike?

The only problems with it is the updating of the software resets short cut keys and the actual process that runs droplr idles taking up 7% of the cpu. So for cpu intensive work machines it can be a bit of a drain. BUT these prices are negligible to benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it

We are a SAAS platform for the tourism industry. I work in the development wing and use it to ask about UI/UX experiences to other people (IE Product Team). I receive droplrs from support about questions/problems in the system. It is a great way to show a workflow problem. Lastly, ill use it as instructions for how to do something using the annotated screenshot

Droplr review by Lino R.
Lino R.

"JS Developer"

What do you like best?

Its easy and fast ... really fast

We do not hesitate when sharing images and videos almost in real time.

Emails and data interchange became really really easy

What do you dislike?

The tool is really good. I do not find clear weak points in how it is supposed to be used. With a fast internet the flow is solid.

The upgraded color choices is really good but it would be really good to enhance that part of the product. I mean I'd like to choose the thickness of the lines as well as add curve arrows too.

It would be really good to crop + resize pieces of the screenshot too. I can imagine that making zoom in real time would be really useful to point out pixel perfect feedback.

We interchange designs and feedback 24/7 and the edit tools within the screenshot tool is amazing to point exactly what you are looking for or to add specific comments on what needs to be addressed.

Droplr review by Koen A.
Koen A.

"Works fast and unobtrusive"

What do you like best?

Tried several of these services over the years, but Droplr just works the best for my intended use: sharing files. Just drop them onto the icon and immediately you get the share link onto your clipboard. Send that over to your recipient and done. The whole process is just a matter of seconds.

Want to explain something, just make the screenshot or screencast with Droplr, paste the link and done.

Files stay always available.

I've saved A LOT of time using Droplr. Happy paying customer for several years now.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I'm stretching this sentence to meet the minimum characters needed for this answer. Yes, really nothing I dislike. I highly encourage you to support great software like Droplr.

Sharing files with clients, give more insight with screenshots/screencasts, ...

Droplr review by User in Higher Education

"Droplr Makes File Sharing Awesome "

What do you like best?

Droplr is simple, intuitive and extremely easy to use. I like the ease of file sharing with many different options: I can share a link, text, picture or a file to download with virtually anyone.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Droplr. The cost is bit expensive and cost can be reduced for academic users. Also the upload time for larger files is bit longer than I anticipate.

Using Droplr allows me to better communicate my research findings and problems, because instead of describing it I can simply send a screen shot. The ease of file sharing allows me to spend more time on my ideas and less on how to share them. With Droplr, I find it easy to manage my files.

Droplr review by Jimmy W.
Jimmy W.

"Super easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love that I have an automatic link to share whatever I've just screenshot, since this makes sharing INFINITELY easier (via Slack, text messaging, etc.) Editing/marking up screenshots to share is also dead simple and well worth having the product for.

What do you dislike?

I can hardly complain because although the price is the only barrier to use for Droplr – and it's not much of a barrier at that – I was able to get it for a great price.

With Droplr I'm able to quickly, easily, and efficiently share screenshots of whatever I'm seeing without taking up space on my desktop and without needing to search for and upload my most recent screenshot. Marking up screenshots for emphasis is incredibly simple and intuitive. It's an all-around slam dunk.

Droplr review by Evan S.
Evan S.

"Using it for our marketing department and its great!"

What do you like best?

Screenshot, video capture, and note taking are all engineered to be a single keystroke away. This means when I need to get something communicated with clients or team members, they can see it without me having to use words to describe my problem.

What do you dislike?

Droplr is a fantastic software to quickly communicate ideas. The learning curve is quick, but getting your whole team

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have affordable rates that are competitive and a rockstar support team dedicated to improving your product. Other, similar cloud-based services can't quite offer the speed and flexibility, so I would consider going with Droplr for your cloud based file sharing service.

Faster client communication, better problem solving, and creative brainstorming have all been enhanced by the friction of gathering visual information to reduced somewhat.

Droplr review by Steve L.
Steve L.

"droplr as a simple means to share files"

What do you like best?

Most people who will be interested in this already use dropbox, which is fine for folders of material. But droplr has several advantages, even if you upload folders. The "self-destruct" timer is a great way of keeping it clean. The other features such as screenshot, drawing, screencast etc are fantastic for quickly explaining how to do something and you just send a link, no hassle signing up or trying to link accounts etc.

What do you dislike?

I did have some problems at one point with droplr clashing with Avast web protection - however this is not just droplr, I had the same problem with other file sharing platforms. Once I switched off that bit of (unnecessary) virus protection droplr uploaded fine.

Quick and easy communications.

Droplr review by Justin L.
Justin L.

"Droplr is a must have for any business "

What do you like best?

I use Droplr on a daily basis... The ease of use is amazing. I love that I can go in and select a section of the page or the entire page in seconds with a click of the mouse, rather than pushing multiple keys. They also release information and tricks on a weekly basis that improve my knowledge and how I can use the process. Their customer service is top notch, we were running into an issue, reached out to their support and in less than an hour, we had an answer. Great company with a great product.

What do you dislike?

At this point, there is nothing that I dislike. It is much easier to use than any screen sharing on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I sell software and the ability to go in and take a precise screen shot in a matter of seconds is something that helps me on a daily basis.

Droplr review by Doug J.
Doug J.

"Droplr is a huge time saver!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to quickly grab a screenshot and paste the pre-copied link into Slack to share with my colleagues. No saving of files. No need to find a file and go through the process to upload. Just click, paste, send. Easy.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were a little easier to get to my history, perhaps filters/links to browse "yesterday", "last week", date range, etc. I use this a lot for work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. You won't regret it.

I am a web developer and share screen shots with my team constantly. This makes that process of sharing super simple and efficient so I am not wasting time on useless activities.

Droplr review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Great product - lots of features"

What do you like best?

The markup tool and screen capture are power. Very easy to quickly capture an experience, document it, and share it via a link in whatever communication system you use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the screencast does not record my voice or allow me to provide a markup. Typically, I have to provide additional context when sharing a screencast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great suite of features, some better than others, very easy to get your team onboard and setup quickly.

An easy way to communicate changes, issues, or anything with our SaaS system. We do this on web and would like to do it on mobile as well.

Droplr review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"Simple tool for easy sharing of screenshots."

What do you like best?

It's a simple non-obtrusive tool that I use regularly to share images of my screen. It's easy to copy and share the pictures or share the link Droplr provides.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that if I want to save a screen shot on my computer I have to follow the link, and then save as a picture. It would be nice if I could set up as a default option that screen shots are saved to a file on my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really easy tool to use. If you're looking for a way to share screen shots via URL this gets the job done and it's free.

I want to show coworkers what I'm seeing. Often this could be a product bug that I want to send to a developer so that they can see exactly what I'm seeing.

Droplr review by User in Internet

"I love this app"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use! One time it wasn't working on my computer for a few hours for some reason and I was FREAKING out because I use it so much.

What do you dislike?

I feel the screen recording functionality is a little clunky. I haven't figured out a quick way to stop recording, so it would be nice if there were better shortcuts there

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my office people use a lot of various screenshot softwares, but everyone is jealous that I was able to get one of the company accounts for this service.

I'm constantly training clients how to do things, so being able to easily grab a screenshot of what I'm talking about is imperative. I work for a web development company so being able to send a screenshot of what is or isn't working to a developer is absolutely necessary.

Droplr review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"My go-to link, file, screen recording software"

What do you like best?

Droplr lives in the menu bar and is super easy to access and use.

What do you dislike?

That I can't customize the links. I've got a custom URL, but not being able to customize the extension is a bummer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a solid product. No crashes that I can recall. The UX is a little rough in some spots, but overall, it's a fantastic little product.

Quick file sharing is a breeze. Drag and drop and I've got a custom link.

When I share a link with a friend, college, or client, I know whether or not they've used it—it's like a read-receipt for filesharing.

I love that I can make the file expire within a certain amount of time.

Droplr review by caleb t.
caleb t.

"Droplr - great for uploading docs, but has had a ton of outages recently."

What do you like best?

Love love love how easy it is to upload large and small documents. It's stupid simple.

What do you dislike?

Searching for past drops is pretty brutal. Especially when files have a similar name. For example, if I have a pricing sheet named, "EventPricing". It's hard to tell what's in the PDF vs another one. Maybe a quick preview of the doc on hover or something so it's easier to see if the version is updated/recent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The downtime is the biggest issue. When your service goes down, it completely stops certain aspects of our business.

Being able to quickly share large documents is the huge droplr win I think. Easily sharing oversized decks and large video files is phenomenal.

Droplr review by Josh B.
Josh B.

"Droplr makes it easy to share content with anyone"

What do you like best?

I like that it's incredibly easy to grab a screenshot or even a random file or text snippet and shoot it over to a colleague or anyone. The shortcut keys are painless and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

From a business and client confidentiality standpoint, I'd like more features to know that I've got the best possible protection for content I upload to Droplr's servers, plus a way to know that Droplr themselves cannot access my drops. I wouldn't need this on everything, but the ability to switch it on as needed would be helpful. This is beyond what is available with 'private' drops, though I think it gets close.

Sharing content quickly is always a need in business.

Droplr review by User in Higher Education

"I really like the idea of droplr and with a few additions it would be perfect!"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the ability to transfer and store large files and videos. I was forced to use cloud services like dropbox or Box.net before where the receiver had to sign in and take the files I was sending. Now it is so simple because I can send a link via email. It is intuitive and the receiver doesn't have a learning curve.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can only name the files after and retrieving them is difficult because they are poorly named. i have to spend a lot of time organizing files after the fact. I like the file folder idea in Box.net where I could drag and drop documents or video files into a pre-named file that was easy to retrieve.

I use dropplr to mostly transfer transfer video corrections and document to students. As some of these video files are larger than the allowed email limits, it saves my life to be able to do this anyway in a simple and effective way.

Droplr review by User

"The best service for sharing any kind of data. Easy and Fast "

What do you like best?

The easy way the files or data can be uploaded to be shared and the link shortening of course. You can share any kind of data from your PC or Mac and from your iOS Devices and always having total control of the information and data you upload to Droplr.

La manera tan sencilla de subir los archivos para ser compartidos y por supuesto el acortador de enlaces. Ya que puedes compartir información o datos a través de tu PC o Mac y desde tus dispositivos iOS, siempre manteniendo el control de TODO lo que subes a Droplr.

What do you dislike?

I have a PRO account so I really like it very much. I'am really glad with this service.

Tengo una cuenta PRO y realmente estoy muy a gusto con el servicio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must have to considerate the promotion in LATAM because this products are totally unknown outside USA, and if you can adjust your prices because of the exchange rates.

And please build an Android App ASAP.

You can solve any kind of problems, from sending a big size file to share a private image and having control when the other person have seen your information through the links.

All my customers are impressed when I share a very huge kind of information through a very short link.

***

Realmente puedes resolver cualquier clase de problemas desde compartir un archivo de gran tamaño hasta tener el control de cuando la persona ha visto tu información a través de los links.

Mis clientes se impresionan cuando comparto con ellos gran cantidad de datos e información y todo a través de un enlace corto.

Droplr review by IL JUN H.
IL JUN H.

"This is the best way to share what you want to show!"

What do you like best?

Sharing on the cloud automatically enables many options to share! Sharing as an url or just an image or a file is what you can choose. The short url also provides confidence that this is droplr only domain too :)

What do you dislike?

The short period of sharing on cloud is somewhat disappointing. But, I always download what I need, so that's not a big dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to businesses and companies more than personal uses if you are planning to subscribe on the monthly plans. However, if you are one of the case where you can get the lifetime subscription, personal users are greatly welcomed to this world! I strongly recommend if you are going to use these kind of cloud based screenshot services :)

Sharing as an url made it easy to share what I want to let people know. No need to crop any images on my phone just to share a screenshot and then send the image directly as a MMS. Using droplr saves both the sender and the receiver the time and data :)

Droplr review by Ivan P.
Ivan P.

"Good but may be the best!"

What do you like best?

I like that the Droplr link goes to the page with no interface. I like the Editor, I like that I can transfer any file using Droplr. That is really good!

What do you dislike?

I don't like the interface of the app! CloudApp looks much sexier. It has much more functionality when recording gifs and movies((

I HATE WHEN TRY TO MAKE A SCREENSHOT IN SAFARI I NEARLY ALWAYS HAVE SPARE TOOLTIP OR I DON'T KNOW WHAT APPPEARING (IT HAS THE SAME TEXT I HAVE IN ONE OF MY TABS) HERE YOU GO http://d.pr/i/6ea0

I HATE THAT I CAN'T DOWNLOAD A SCREENSHOT I JUST MADE FAST. I ALWAYS GO TO THE LINK, WAIT WHEN IT GOES LIVE AND DOWNLOAD IT.(((

I am also upset that another user can not listen the audio file I sent him, he must download it.

And it will be good to give a option to comment link.

I make screenshots, make movies and share different files! And it works good

Droplr review by Brian E.
Brian E.

"Very efficient way to transfer files and documents without e-mail complications"

What do you like best?

I can upload documents and large files such as videos to Droplr and then e-mail the link. I work a lot with photos for my websites and can store these photos on Droplr for someone to pick up easily. Also lets me keep track of what documents and files I have e-mailed and can setup a time limit on how long the files should remain in Droplr.

What do you dislike?

Not much, except have issues sometimes when I drop a file it does not always go to the file section I wanted it to. Also would like the tray app to have more functionality such as quick shortcut to folders in Droplr

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solves e-mail issues for sending large files or sensitive documents

E-mail of files is so much easier. Mail systems flag zip files as a threat and delete them from e-mails. Now I can put the zip files in Droplr and send the user a link. I also need to send sensitive documents many times and again just a link gets the document to the user.

Droplr review by User in Information Technology and Services

"An efficient way to share any file, screenshot, screencast without fuzz"

What do you like best?

Droplr is really great tools thanks to a complete bundle of related features. This is not just a simple file sharing solution. It allows much more like taking screenshots, or even better screencast, and you can directly enhance them with drawings. But where it is really shining is its very simple, out of the way, but very intuitive UI. Just drag and drop, or copy/share, and your clipboard contains the URL you need to share with anyone you want to share with. Just as easy as a simple copy/paste but allowing to share anything with the world. Other very nice features are the abilities of any shared document to be password protected and to self-destruct after an hour, a day or a week. And best of all, you can customise droplr to your taste with your logo, which make this file sharing solution looks very professional. Finally, you can check statistics on shared documents, so you know if third parties are really using what you share.

What do you dislike?

Well, almost nothing... but there is still room for improvement. While already very efficient, the UI could probably be improved even more. I would also like the screencast feature conversion to gif be more tuneable in order to create smaller gifs. And there is still plenty of room to improve the kind of document supported by the viewer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your need is easy and secure sharing of any kind of files, and in particular screenshots and screencasts, Droplr is definitely a very nice and efficient solution. What you share is not limited in time (with Pro) and not accounted against a maximum space.

If you need to collaborate on documents, Droplr is not the way to go, you might want to use Dropbox, Google Apps or iCloud for that.

Before Droplr, I was sharing files using Dropbox public folder, but the inconvenience was that the shared file was synchronised on all my devices, and this was not my goal. What I'd like to do is sharing the file with others, not with me. Dropbox has all kind of advantage when you really collaborate on documents, but it requires much more involvement from the third party in that case. With droplr, you can put online anything you need without any time loss, neither from you, nor for those accessing the file. It is just fast and simple. And when you are busy like I am, this easiness has a great value.

Droplr review by User

"Great media sharing tool for macOS. Beats other solutions."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and ability to get out of my way. Droplr does not tax my system resources, nor does it frustrate in ways other tools can.

What do you dislike?

The app occasionally crashes without warning, which can cause the upload process to fail.

Also, I had to setup a custom Hazel (macOS automation app) rule/workflow to ensure system screenshots would upload. I wish the macOS system screenshot upload hotkey would automatically upload via Droplr.

Clicking through to the Droplr dashboard from the macOS menubar app appends an extremely long URL. This really could be cleaned up. I realize most users, however, probably do not care about this at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloudup and CloudApp are good tools, but Droplr was the one that stuck for me. It's not a frustrating tool, provides a great web dashboard, and makes it easy to share media.

Easily shared media—screenshots, clips, gifs—are no longer difficult. Can share via social media or in Slack or email. Making it easy for others to access content is essential.

Droplr review by Consultant

"An efficiency tool I now use every day and it saves me a ton of time overall."

What do you like best?

The feature set AND easy of use. It's a tool I always recommend to anyone that works on a computer, period. It WILL save you time and energy. Effortless sharing of ideas, annotate, share quick screen recordings (as gifs or video), I mean it's all wicked!

What do you dislike?

I think the Mac app can be better for management of assets from the Mac app (ie tagging <-- critical, and other features). Also ... adding shortcuts to use other features quickly. Adding a self destruct ability, password ability, tag ability, etc etc to the annotate window so you can quickly add that feature to a Drop without clicking through the menu bar app AFTER uploading the Drop. At the end of the day this is an efficiency tool and that is one example of it not being very efficient. All the features of the entire platform should be easily accessible on all mediums of that platform (whether the web app, Mac app, iPhone app, etc). There are other UI + UX type improvements that come up BUT I DO LOVE this tool and recommend it to clients+colleagues all the time. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It will work it's way into your daily workflows. Everybody needs an improvement to the standard way of taking screenshots and sharing them (doesn't matter what OS or Platform you're on). Then add all the additional features, quick screen recording (video or animated Gifs), quick annotation of every screenshot, link quickly copied to clipboard. It makes the whole process better AND saves you time.... you can't go wrong! Just try it.

Sharing work and collaborating with other people in the Digital Marketing space. I also use it for personal sharing but the real benefit is when sharing/communicating with people I work with. It helps us work faster and smarter as well as communicate in a more effective way.

Droplr review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Simplifying our communication and improving our productivity with Droplr"

What do you like best?

It's easy to share screenshots and screencasts with our vendors, customers, and partners. Because of this our communication has gotten a lot better and between that and the file sharing, our productivity has also shot up because of Droplr. Because of all of that, it's pretty rare that I send an email any more that does not have a Droplr screenshot link in it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it crashes after you record a screencast. I haven't figured out exactly what causes that and it only happens sporadically, but it is definitely frustrating when you get done recording a screencast and it just vanishes entirely.

Unfortunately, that isn't unique to just screencasts. We have had that happen during big file uploads and screenshot generation as well. In all cases, the Drop has to be recreated in order to be able to share what we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful when uploading extremely large files or doing long screencasts that you want to share as sometimes the app crashes when you do those. But otherwise it works flawlessly.

Between our customers and some of our remote workers, we do a lot of remote communication. Before we started using Droplr, it was often very difficult to communicate what we were referring to or to explain a situation. Between phone tag, word pictures, miscommunications, and other problems, conversations that would otherwise be very simple and short became complicated and drawn out. When we switched to Droplr, we were able to simplify all of that because we could just send annotated links to screenshots or screencasts that would explain everything in pictures or video+audio. Communication has consequently gotten a LOT easier.

"Good cloud sharing"

What do you like best?

Easy to throw documents, photos, screenshots and zip files of folders in the cloud and share. It saves time to just drag them to the menu icon on my Mac and have it automatically copy the URL from the cloud so I can paste it where I need to send it. Saves time finding files as I don't have to look across hundreds of emails to find what I sent someone. I also like that I can obfuscate the URL to make drops private so it's easy to share but I don't have to worry about someone finding out the URL and downloading the file.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything bad. Might be nice to have a shortcut key to switch the last drop to private so it eliminates steps when sharing semi-confidential material. Maybe if the server was faster for uploading, but it just might be limited by my slower internet connection at work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has everything you need in a simple to use cloud file sharing application.

Easy sharing files with team members and clients. It's nice to be able to send large files that can't fit in an email attachment so I don't fill up my email so quickly on our server. It saves time having to look up files that I sent to someone in the past. For my freelance use of the product outside of my regular job, it makes me look more professional to customers because I can have it branded with my own custom URL as well as my logo so they can feel secure in knowing that I sent them the files.

Droplr review by Consultant

"OK, but old bug reported not yet fixed"

What do you like best?

Easy access to screenshots and drawing, fast upload. I like best how the link is copied before the upload is complete, allowing for fast pasting.

What do you dislike?

- When uploading images (screenshots), the copied link is not a direct link (i.e. a .png file) but to the webpage where the image can been seen. This is annoying because it adds a lot of unnecessary stuff (for example in slack preview).

- No way to crop an image

- No way to draw on an image that already exists (i.e. I want to draw on a .png I have on my Desktop, can't figure out how to do that)

- Buggy (makes dock disappear).

Sharing bugs (screenshots), code, and weird behaviour (screencasts) in apps with colleagues (I'm a developer).

I realize I'm sharing much more, much faster than before. The cycle of "create-upload-share-link" is so short now I don't have to make the decision whether it'll be worth it or not anymore. I just do it. Sharing things becomes really low-threshold.

Droplr review by User in Computer Software

"Droplr has etched themselves in as a necessary tool in my workflow."

What do you like best?

Easy to use and the new service integrations (Slack) are nice.

What do you dislike?

The product quality has been dipping significantly over the years. There were times in past builds where common tasks in the iOS mobile app just flat out didn't work. The web UI suffers from a terrible experience issue: Scroll deep into your history, then click on one of those items. Why did the website just scroll me? Now close the details panel. Why did the site just put me back at the top of the page?

Based off the way the web UI works, Droplr is telling me that users don't need to scroll through history, and if they do, it's not important that they maintain their spot as they go through old 'drops' without utilizing tags or search.

Biggest problem Droplr solves is me not having to figure out where or how to share something. Keeps me focused on doing my actual work.

"Very impressive product"

What do you like best?

Our main use of Droplr is as a secure file sharing platform and it functions much better than I expected. Unlike various encryption and communication products, I can share information with anyone I want, regardless of whether or not they already have Droplr. Bottom line, if I need to send a file internally or externally, I know that with Droplr it can be done quickly and painlessly, without any worries of anyone being able to access our communications.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major dislikes and if I did I would probably just look for another solution. Like any application I use, I have opinions on added features but in the way I use Droplr it works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to read about all the features. I didn't realize exactly how much I could do until I read further into the application.

My main use as for sharing files quickly with other members of my team and our external clients. Recently I have used the screen capture for demo videos of our product as well.

The biggest benefit I have noticed is that it's extremely secure yet didn't require some massive implementation from our IT guys or additions to current services.

Droplr review by Shavanna P.
Shavanna P.

"Makes Life A Little More Convenient"

What do you like best?

It makes it easy to share files and screenshots with clients and colleagues The links that can be created with droplr also can be branded, so there's also no confusion as to where the files are coming from.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found much to dislike, the only thing that comes to mind is that recently when viewing a file in my browser from the droplr link, if the image is too wide to fit on the screen, the option to scroll left and right has disappeared.

I find that it reduces confusion when presenting files to clients. It also saves time when we have to pass along files to our project managers to send out. We give them a simple link as opposed to having to upload them, then the project manager has to download them to send them to clients.

Droplr review by User

"Convenient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I use Droplr almost daily when conversing with colleagues and with one element of our product. It is very easy to drag, drop, and copy. I love that it takes me just a few seconds to grab a link.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the default setting were to keep an image. A few colleagues and I have been sorely disappointed to have images disappear because we either didn't know that they self-destructed or we forgot to keep a particular image. Additionally, it would be nice to be able to obtain a direct link from the web app since not everyone wants to download an extension.

I primarily use Droplr to discuss projects with coworkers and to upload images to a particular part of our product. I enjoy being able to grab screenshots while discussing an issue with a coworker because an image is worth a thousand words!

Droplr review by User in Internet

"Indispensable!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up and makes sharing images, files and shortening links very easy. User experience is simple and doesn't have any bloat...it does what you need it to do and it's all very clean. Keystroke, highlight what you want and you're done!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like sharing things for personal and business reasons this is the product for you

Sharing screenshots over email is always a hassle, and doing it with droplr links that don't expire makes it a breeze. the ability to annotate through droplr is awesome too, streamlining the process; you'd otherwise have to save the image, go to it, open it in preview on a Mac, then save, then do whatever you need to do to share. all those steps are removed by droplr and it makes it all a very smooth and quick process

Droplr review by Robert Jan d.
Robert Jan d.

"Great tool, using it for over 2 years"

What do you like best?

Great product, works good, andwith paid subscription more or less unlimited file size.

What do you dislike?

* Sometimes Droplr crashes.

* With unstable connections (in the train, I am travelling a LOT), it can't upload the screenshot, and just gives an error TIME-OUT. So then I have to make the screenshot AGAIN, but most of the time I already continued my work. So PLEASE PLEASE DROPLR, fix this, so even when connecition is unstable, put this screenshot in a queue.

* Lastly, screenvideo's work great, but file size is HUGE.

Sharing screenshots and sometimes screenvideos to colleagues for pointing them to software problems.

Droplr review by Aleksandr Z.
Aleksandr Z.

"The most user-friendly feature-rich premium URL shortener on the market"

What do you like best?

Great iOS app with full integration with the iOS, exclellent Mac OS X app, ability to add expiration time and password-protect the links. File upload option, which is unique to Droplr and provides a great value. Great support.

What do you dislike?

Currently, the only issue rather than a "dislike" is lack of some 3rd-party integrations with Droplr. For example, Buffer does not have Droplr as a URL shortener option. This is, however, as much if not more a Buffer issue as it is of Droplr.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider overall integration options and a wider range of features offered by Droplr

Branded URL shortener

Private storage for easy branded file sharing

Access analytics

Droplr review by Administrator

"Wonderful"

What do you like best?

Its by far the easiest, most convenient way to handle files sharing between clients and friends. It's been a lifesaver on some occasions and is often the easiest way to get files onto my iDevices for sure.

What do you dislike?

On the iOS app music playback is cut off when the display goes to sleep which drives me crazy because I use it to reference music flies on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is easily the most stable, simple way to share files online today. Truly.

With my photography and design work it is the easiest way to send clients their photographs and files for review and to deliver end products. Its such a simple service, I'm not sure what there is to add, I don't often use some of the special features but often feel like I should at times when I remember they are there and available.

"Droplr is amazing"

What do you like best?

I like the fast way to upload and the possibility to put my logo.

Like to snag images or videos in my screen and have them share-ready in a few quick clicks and seconds.

An image anywhere in my devices, or record activity as a gif or video, pop a link in chat or email all in a couple of clicks. I love it.

Thats why i have a plan with Droplr. Make my day easy. >(

What do you dislike?

I like all, but maybe a good option is if the users can move the desktop (in web version) to have our own setting. Like a window management, a layout or workspace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is very easy to use, and give you the opportunity to send links with your archives.

The benefits are all: fast, elegant, corporate.

Droplr is easy to capture, easy to communicate, and is very simple!

Droplr review by Hinman D.
Hinman D.

"Significant timesaver!"

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use; the best part is saving time by not having to take a screen shot and then searching for the file to attach to an e-mail.

What do you dislike?

Deleting links must be done one at a time. There needs to be a function whereby one can highlight as many links as possible and delete at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to view the instructional videos - doing so will save time later.

Handling customer service issues via e-mail already is quite time-consuming. The fact that Droplr saves time by eliminating a few extra steps is the single most important benefit I have realized.

Droplr review by Brett T.
Brett T.

"The best file sharing utility on my Mac"

What do you like best?

I use a lot of file sharing tools, but Droplr is my favorite. With the screenshot annotation features, analytics for views (and when sharing links on Twitter), movie capture, even Markdown notes published as HTML pages, it's the complete package. Easily accessible from anywhere on my Mac, and I've been using it for years without a single issue.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints. I'm not even sure I can fill 40 characters with all the problems I've ever had (0).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it.

Sharing large files via email, hosting downloads with temporary links, tracking views on files, screenshots, and links.

Droplr review by Seung Yeon Y.
Seung Yeon Y.

"Great for small files and screenshots"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to share files with colleagues and friends, and even on forums. And also, storage options are unlimited so I never have to worry about deleting files. Also, I can make them auto expire so I never have to worry about deleting files again!

What do you dislike?

It's most likey to fail upload when I'm trying to share big files (over 2-6gb).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very different product (often compared to dropbox or g drive but that's just wrong droplr is not a cloud storage...) and very focused on what matters & what they can do

Simple screenshots /screencasts with comments. I send them to my client