D&B Hoovers

Anchored by Dun & Bradstreet’s powerful D-U-N-S® Numbering System, D&B Hoovers (formerly Avention) uses sophisticated analytics to deliver a sales acceleration solution packed with insight.

Work for D&B Hoovers?

Learning about D&B Hoovers?

D&B Hoovers Reviews

Showing 273 D&B Hoovers reviews
D&B Hoovers review by <span>Cheri D.</span>
Cheri D.

"Dubed by D&B/Hoovers"

What do you like best?

the list of a companies structure and locations was helpful.

What do you dislike?

No customer service, no training, no follow up, seems like a beta database service, but sold as a tool for salespeople. Emails are incorrect or at least 4 years old. Phone numbers are incorrect. They say you can send them back for credit - never happens. When you download the wrong list, no follow up to help you get the credits back. Expensive and NOT worth a dime for contacts or emails. Can Not cancel the contract, they have an "I got you clause"

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT sign the contract. Then they feel like they have you and that's it. No support, A lot of Money for old outdated info.

I tried using it to find and identify new clients. The information in the database is so old that the people who answer the phone have never heard of the people you ask for, again and again. LinkedIn has more updated info and the LinkedIn connection also comes up incorrect as the names are so old, they've already changed jobs several times.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about D&B Hoovers
D&B Hoovers review by <span>Erin S.</span>
Erin S.

"This provides a good system to target one-at-a-time sales calls/emails."

What do you like best?

You can search nearly any company in your industry, you can pull lists of whatever criteria you need. The data is there and mostly up-to-date.

What do you dislike?

You cannot pull email campaign lists without paying on top of your membership price. This is particularly annoying because we purchased the service thinking we could access those and run targeted email marketing campaigns from them. We still could, but it takes a lot of data entry - you can see the email in the web portal, but not on your list until you pay extra.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of your limitations and abilities before signing your contract. Make doubly sure the service you're paying to have is exactly what you need. We were unaware we could not download lists to include the email address unless we paid extra (.50 an email minimum of 5000).

Prospecting is much easier knowing who the decision-makers are in advance. This gets you directly to the person you're trying to reach - be it their direct line, their email, or just knowing their name and title.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

D&B Hoovers review by <span>Carie R.</span>
Carie R.

"Excellent tool for prospecting and market research"

What do you like best?

The "Build a list" function is very valuable. The wide variety of search criteria is incredibly valuable when I am looking for specific types of companies. It is a great time saver to scale the search to just what I am looking for rather than having to filter through big data on my own. I also love that my searches can be saved, allowing me to execute them again later. It would be nice if Hoovers would identify changes for me in the results since my last search so I could easily identify new opportunities or changes in the market.

What do you dislike?

The contact information is not reliable. When I look up companies where I know the contact names and info, I often find it's missing or is outdated. Because of this, when I am researching new names I never rely on the contact information provided. I supplement with the company website or LinkedIn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better contact information for companies would be fantastic! It would also be helpful to have insight into how the NAICS info was sourced. I often find conflicts between the NAICS in Hoover’s and what my company has determined through other resources; including company financials.

Hoovers helped me conduct research that allowed me to gain a greater understanding of my sales market. Knowing the industry makeup and average revenue size of companies in my footprint has helped me be more strategic in sales efforts. At a broader level, this insight has allowed our leadership to make better decisions about market coverage needs and sales goals.

D&B Hoovers review by <span>Kalib L.</span>
Kalib L.

"Dont waste your time or money"

What do you like best?

The fact that they lied to me into a contract and can make me pay continually even though Ive tried cancelling through my bank.

What do you dislike?

Bad data and they lock you in a contract before you find out how bad it is then they apologies when they continue to charge you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do business with D & B Hoovers. They will take your money and apologies at the same time.

I don't have time for this so it should say something. I'm dedicating my week to bad reviews so if you see a repeat that's why. I told them I was a startup and that it was important for us to have good information, especially at the price they offered. They took advantage and put us together on a CONTRACT. I brought to their attention the bad data when I first joined and they wanted US to correct the bad INFO and said there was nothing they were willing to do. Ive wasted thousands of dollars having my staff working on the data to find nothing in return and have been BOUND to a one year Contract when we shouldn't be. We are better off googling updated information for free than logging into hoovers to find the OLD info. This might work for someone, but the salesperson should of done a better job pre-qualing. It put us in a bad spot.

D&B Hoovers review by <span>Janis N.</span>
Janis N.

"Team Lead Greater China Regional Data Mgmt"

What do you like best?

large collection of corporate data for sales enablement

web based , can be use outside of corporate network

stable system , it is always accessible 24x7

friendly user interface, easy to view corporate families, allow customisable of filed display so that for example if I want to see by address location and the different SIC/Industry of the subsidiaries I can do so easily

What do you dislike?

have to keep log in throughout the day. There seem to be a license purchase require for other end users in SAP and thus it might prevent more users, overall should purchase all unlimited users license to have wider audience in SAP, also i lost the ability to have a D&B DUNS vs SAP CRM account family tree report that has been available on D&B 360 before, this function is useful validation account hierarchy correctness and completeness for our SCP (Top customers) accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product

plan for enablement sessions to different type of users. provide use cases esp to sales person

Account name address validation,

Account Corporate families

Account Industries SIC code

D&B Hoovers review by <span>Fadi A.</span>
Fadi A.

"I am a Sales rep at a Technology company."

What do you like best?

Easy access to company information globally and instantly.

It is a source of truth and provides me with account insights and contact information as well as industry wide insights.

Getting daily updates and changes in the industry and company landscape.

What do you dislike?

Data is not accurate sometimes. Company information is not accurate specially number of employees.

Sometimes we can see that data is being entered randomly on some accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it because it helps you prospect and understand industries.

I find Hoovers a useful solution as it helps me with Sales intelligence and provides me with insights on accounts i am prospecting into.

Easy access to company information globally and instantly.

Sometimes we can see that data is being entered randomly on some accounts.

some of the business problems they are solving are giving you the possibility to find the right contacts to target as well as learning more on industries and companies.

Understanding their business model, revenue operations.

Getting daily updates and changes in the industry and company landscape.

Finding the right contacts to target as well as learning more on industries and companies.

Understanding their business model, revenue.

Getting daily updates and changes in the industry and company landscape.

Smart insights being pushed towards their user.

Learning about D&B Hoovers?

* We monitor all D&B Hoovers reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.