Picking a third party data provider from players at the enterprise level is like choosing between Coke, Pepsi or Dr. Pepper. They all offer a thirst quenching feeling and whatever you choose, your needs will most likely be met with the guidance of the 80-20 rule. With Avention, they work with you to ensure that you're not just purchasing products but solutions. They want to impact your company where it matters. I saw this shift when they re-branded from OneSource and became Avention. Here's what I like about them:
1) Browser tool - The business browser is very intuitive and empowering especially for Marketing and Sales business cases. It is instinctive to use and jam-packed with information. A user can perform research on company, contact, and Industry levels and also create reports with ease. They have included analysis summaries like SWOT, Industry analysis and other reports from various partners. The depth of data within enterprise companies is just staggering.
2) Agility - Avention takes customer success very seriously. This ranges from simple data questions to strategic data management solutions. My Avention Account team are both eager and solutionary in their apporach. The customer success team replying on the feedback button is no different. Within hours, they would have responded to your inquiry or data change request.
3) One stop shopping - Avention could easily be a single source of third party data and solutions. With Avention on board, I don't see them as vendors but partners and consultants to guide us with our data needs.
4) Technology and integration - Just ask about their "Mash-up" for your CRM.
5) Transparency - They know their strengths and do not shy away from their weaknesses as a company.
Like most data providers, Avention isn't a silver bullet solution to your data needs. Some opportunities Avention should take into heart are the following:
1) Contact population - Their company data far outweighs their contact prowess. There's a lot of contact data available out there. They need to catch up on the contact side. I believe the Doublle-OptIn laws are providing a hindrance at this progress but there needs to be action to enable data consumption that works with current policies.
2) Government details (US and International) - This can use improving and enrichment
We were looking for a third party data source to enable our Sales Operations and Business Generation teams as we evolve our data strategy as a company. Avention helped us march down that path feeding us data consumption models that are beneficial in the interim and in the long run.
There are solutions that we needed currently not available even with other vendors. Avention, took a team to help us device a plan and a possible solution for contact and org data management.