Duo Security

Cloud-based user authentication vendor: authenticate with your phone, Duo mobile app, landline, or tokens with or without an internet connection

Work for Duo Security?

Learning about Duo Security?

Duo Security Reviews

Showing 79 Duo Security reviews
Duo Security review by Jamie J.
Jamie J.

"Unmatched security at incredibly reasonable prices"

What do you like best?

DUO offers us 2FA security without the considerable costs normally associated with 2FA. Rather than having to run our own 2FA server at significant costs and maintenance requirements, we are able to have a simple deployment for our users and get the security we need.

What do you dislike?

I have been using DUO for years now and haven't had any issues to date, I'm truly a happy customer when it comes to DUO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DUO is an industry leader when it comes to network security. They are currently being acquired by Cisco, another industry leader in this realm. I can confidently recommend DUO to small and large business who take security seriously.

We discovered DUO soon after our company was hit by a sever cryptolock attack. This was due to a user using unsecure and repeated passwords. Adding the 2FA layer from DUO solved the issue of allowing someone to remotely access a system, even if they were able to determine a password from brute force, phishing or other social engineering based attacks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Duo Security
Duo Security review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Streamlined MFA solution used at my company in combination with Okta SSO"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can send a push straight to my iPhone and then authenticate with 3D touch and touchID. Authentication is extremely fast compared to MFA through google, apple, etc

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could set Duo to always automatically push to my phone instead of asking me to select an option. I also wish that I could have Duo be already authenticated on my iPhone after restoring from an iCloud backup. I tried restoring on an itunes backup and it works if the backup is encrypted. On an iCloud restore you will need to re-authenticate the device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying it. I just found out that Okta has it's own MFA system that I'm sure would integrate well with Okta. However, Duo integrates very well and works very quickly. Highly recommend.

Duo has allowed us to set up MFA for our applications on Okta as well as for OpenVPN connect to securely authenticate sign in by users in the office and working remotely.

What Cloud Security solution do you use?

Duo Security review by Lorrie L.
Lorrie L.

"Due Mobile for Additional Security"

What do you like best?

I like that the app allows me to send a push to my phone to authenticate my email login. It is very user friendly and I feel like my email is very secure.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if I have poor cell service, I do not receive a push notification but I don't necessarily attribute that to the app itself, it's more of a minor inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone who is concerned about email security!

I have solved the problem of adding an additional layer of security to each email login and I use my school email daily. Each time I login I know that no one else is able to use my email because I would get notified on my phone.

Duo Security review by Kelly L.
Kelly L.

"Great But Not Efficient"

What do you like best?

Increased security which needs to be identified twice before logging into various accounts. Can be verified through mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Although this increases security, it is very hard to verify user when you lose your mobile device. It has to verify by a push through app, a code through the app, or mobile phone number.

One day, sister mistakened my phone as her’s and took it with her. I use my phone for Duo during my job. All my work application depends on Duo. Without my phone with Duo app,I wasn’t able to access anything on an unfamiliar device. Made my job very difficult that day.

Good concept, but needs more verification options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add multiple devices to verify!

Increases security in work applications

"Two-Factor made easy"

What do you like best?

Simple to implement, It provides secure authentication. It is easy to enroll and manage users. Support for Apple and Android devices. Easy to implement with most authentication infrastructures.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. All is working well. The fixed a minor issue several months ago where the screen would pause to display some text then adjust down slightly causing you to touch the wrong area if you used the app quickly (open app and instantly lookup your 6 digit number). All is well now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a trial period which can help determine if it is right for you. More than likely you will be pleased and decide to implement.

Using DUO to authenticate applications eliminates the need for password changes. This is a welcome change for most users and a welcome change for the Help Desk as people tend to put off forced password changes to the last minute, forget the new password, or not change it in time.

Duo Security review by Kylee V.
Kylee V.

"Very secure "

What do you like best?

Since duo is accessible from your mobile phone, it is very convenient and fast.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i dont like about the duo security is that when you are logging in it takes an extra step, however that assures no one else can access my information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Duo is very user friendly and I feel like it a very good way to insure that your stuff is secure

The benefits are solely security benefits, no one can get access to my work information or my emails with out having access to my duo and i get an alert every time i need a duo login.

Duo Security review by User

"Great two factor authentication app"

What do you like best?

The 30 day access option makes login on non-public desktops and laptops I use in my office, and on my own personal devices I use on campus quick. I don't ever have to worry about my phone not being charged to approve push notifications.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely hate when my phone isn't charged, or I don't have it with me while troubleshooting AV issues around campus. It takes a lot more effort to get logged in the websites without a phone or a chromebook that is recognized by DUO, and that's very inconvenient when I need to access university web pages that require my credentials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For organizations and institutions wanting to increase security that may be compromised through phishing attempts via email, this is a great option. It has cut down the traffic at our main support desk where users receive help recovering passwords.

Before requiring employees to use Duo, and really bringing awareness of the app to the rest of the campus community we used to waste a lot of time resetting passwords for people who fell for phishing scams. The section of our department responsible for user accounts spends a lot less time resetting passwords and is more available to address more complex issues.

Duo Security review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Super simple 2FA"

What do you like best?

It is a 2FA solution with easy management and compatibility with a good selection of vendors. There are integration tools that will let you add 2fa to a number of popular platforms that don't offer it natively. The dashboard is clear and simple. User management is a no brainer, and there are some nice little reports that give you an accounting of activity. There is even an apple watch client app that provides a one touch approval for multi factor logins. The directions for the integrations with third party products are clear enough that we have never had a problem tying them in to the Duo system.

What do you dislike?

Not much. It would be nice if they offered a tier with more security options, such as limiting access by geography or whitelist only ip ranges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is extremely simple to get up and running. If you already have products that authenticate using radius or ldap, you are halfway there. The back end service does have occasional and brief outages, which may cause a disruption for very large organizations with a constant flow of traffic, but for our needs, the downtime has been almost imperceptible. For authentication against local resources, you will need to host a proxy server in house to which requests will be forwarded.

We have been able to add multi factor authentication to several platforms where we did not have it before. The amount of security this adds for the price is absolutely worth it. We are able to better secure anything that authenticates through our active directory.

Duo Security review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Full feature 2FA Provider"

What do you like best?

I like how well different integration topics are covered by Duo's knowledge base.

What do you dislike?

Automated emails from Duo's billing and sales team seem to go to junkmail because they use some service. While not the worst thing in the world it seems odd for a security company and wish I did not have to miss them. The billing emails don't seem to be able to even have a consistent rule applied to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check to see if other hardware and services you use in your environment support Duo. Chances are they do!

We're solving the problem of 2FA authentication on Windows across different services.

Duo Security review by Renée S.
Renée S.

"Duo Security "

What do you like best?

The Duo app makes logging on very easy and efficient. It's very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

If you do not carry your cell phone with you all the time, there may be times you cannot log in because you cannot access the Duo app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering a way to ensure your data/email/documents are more secure, Duo makes it easy to do so.

Duo is supposed to make it more difficult for hackers to access your email as well as other important websites that may contain sensitive information. I like the added security it brings and provides peace of mind, especially when you are dealing with confidential data.

Duo Security review by chris p.
chris p.

"best all in one SSO/2FA product i have seen so far"

What do you like best?

As an admin, this is super simple to install, configure and be up and running in no time.

What do you dislike?

That the trial version is only 30 days. You cant really get a true feel for a product in your environment in such a short time. the 30 days includes weekends, so in reality you may only truly get more like 20 days.

secured dual authentication and SSO for the various cloud services we use in house.

Duo Security review by Amy B.
Amy B.

"Very simple to use!"

What do you like best?

I use Duo Security almost every day, and I've always had good experiences with it. It's quick and easy to use. I have never had any issues at all. When using the app, I have them send me a push, which sends me a login code. Everything happens within seconds, which is great. There's no waiting time.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something to be annoyed about, I would say it's the fact that I had to download an app to my phone in order to use Duo Security. But overall, it's not that big of a deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not all employees will want to have the app on their personal phones.

It adds extra security when logging in remotely.

Duo Security review by User in Higher Education

"A Necessary Evil, But I'm Thankful"

What do you like best?

Duo seems to be safe and ensure security, but the most important feature for users is ease of use and approval. I find Duo very easy to use and with an iPhone 7 with the haptic button, I can approve without having to find the Duo app and maneuver through the app to approve. Instead I can do it through the push notification and finger print ID.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that Duo is doing poorly, though I miss the days without dual sign in and extra security, but like I said, it's a necessary evil.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely would. Again, dual security adds another step in my day, but with the push notification and Apple Finger ID, plus one day sign in, Duo makes dual authentication a breeze. I would say that if you lose the ability to send a push and you have to use the phone call, it costs Clemson a decent amount of money.

Security and assurance that no one is discovering secure information. I have realized that hacked information is a serious problem and risk and Duo makes authentication easy.

Duo Security review by Hannah U.
Hannah U.

"Easy to Use Security Tool"

What do you like best?

It's so simple to get users signed up with Duo and the configuration steps are so simple, making it foolproof.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have issues where users don't always get the notification they have something awaiting their approval or it requests the approval more than once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a seamless integration that works on various platforms with a consistent design for ease of use among all users.

This allows us to troubleshoot remote connectivity issues based on if they're reaching the point in the process where Duo is being notified of a login attempt. This makes my job easier to see where the steps are failing.

"Great security measure"

What do you like best?

I love that you can access DUO from a mobile app - makes having a secondary security measure not be a pain, but still be effective. It's also very quick; the log in request comes up on my phone almost immediately when I try to log into my account from my computer. I also really like that after I approve on my mobile, it will automatically take me to the next log in screen on my computer (I only have to do the one submission).

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about this program! It is straightforward to use, and seems to be an effective security measure!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and understand -- we did not have any issues that I know of implementing this technology throughout our departments. People seemed to get the hang of it right away, and only a few people of older generations seemed to push back a little. Overall, using Duo for secondary authentication seems like a win-win choice.

It makes our employee accounts much more safe. While it works quickly so that it does not hinder everyday time sheet entries, it protects private tax information, etc. much better than having a single log in product. If anyone ever tries to log into my account -- I definitely know, no matter where I am or what I am doing!

Duo Security review by Gautham A.
Gautham A.

"Security at the "push" of a button "

What do you like best?

The way it gets integrated with any OS, ease of registration, installation on the mobile and 100% secured.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app can hang and push the requests multiple times (and may eventually throw you out of network). We'll be required to retrying. This can happen when the mobile phone hangs and when there is a delay in the push from Duo to mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are various features that come handy with Duo. It is ease to setup. Mobile app is very handy. You can either generate the token or use their push option from your computer and push the request to your mobile.

2nd factor authentication is now mandatory at our work place and Duo Security is our solution.

Duo Security review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Consultant's use of Duo Security"

What do you like best?

The code is very simple and allows me to quickly log in to my network VPN at home by using my phone. I also like that I can use the functionality offline and even on an airplane.

What do you dislike?

The connection can be very slow if using remotely. However, I am not sure if that is because of DUO Security or my computer.

Duo Security allows me to remotely access my company's network. The software not only utilizes efficiency by allowing me to log in and complete work from virtually any where, but it also protects the security of my company and my clients by keeping confidential and protected information off my desk top and within the secured network.

"Difficult to use"

What do you like best?

I like that my accounts are secured with two-factor authentication. Having an app for users is also very helpful. I have heard that there is also a plug-in for your computer, making logins much easier and efficient, but unfortunately my company has disabled the use of them for unknown reasons.

What do you dislike?

Logging into my school's website using Duo has been a thorn in my side. Each and every time I have to log in, I am redirected to my phone, wherever that may be at the time, and asked to confirm the login. This has been a frustrating experience as well as a massive time sink.

As of now, no perceived business problems have been solved, but I realize that having a more secure login is only to my benefit and is a dramatic upgrade from previously.

Duo Security review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Security perspective: good. Developer perspective: annoying"

What do you like best?

How fast it pushes notifications to one's smart-phone. They really do try their best to make it as non-annoying as possible, given how annoying spending that extra time on dual authentication is.

What do you dislike?

It's very frustrating how much aggregated time I waste unlocking my phone to confirm via Duo that I want to sign in somewhere. As a developer, it seems to get in the way more than anything else. From a security perspective, I'm glad that we have it. I wish dual authentication wasn't so difficult sometimes, but I'd prefer more secure over less secure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's excellent in its function, but it's frustrating as a concept. I'd highly recommend using Duo Security if you are moving towards Dual Authentication.

The use of Duo is solving the risk of if someone's laptop or account is compromised. It provides a good user interface, and is easy to set up. It's intuitive to use.

Duo Security review by Abe B.
Abe B.

"Radically improved security on the cheap"

What do you like best?

It was easy to get up and running. We had it working with Remote Desktop using smartphones as the authenticators on the same day we decided to try it. The integration for OWA went even faster because we already had all the users enrolled for Remote Desktop; it was simply a matter of installing the software on Exchange servers.

Duo offers many authentication options, including push to a smartphone, text to any cell phone, call to any phone, and numeric codes generated by OATH keys.

The service has proven to be reliable and fast.

What do you dislike?

There are some tempting features at the more expensive plan levels, but not quite enough to justify the increase in price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Given the very simple setup and the availability of a free trial, there's not much to consider. Give it whirl.

Adding two-factor security significantly improves security.

Duo Security review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Great Two step authentication"

What do you like best?

It gives us that second layer of authentication we are looking for. Very easy and convenient for users set up, learn and adapt to. Very easy to manage users from an administrative perspective.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the push notifications for users do not come through. We have found this is usually due to the WiFi connections they are on, normally hotels, would have a specific port blocked. But DUO does have another method of authentication for this situation.

We are adding extra security to our network by adding a second layer of authentication to our VPN and other online portals.

Duo Security review by Chelsea S.
Chelsea S.

"Good Security"

What do you like best?

It is a more secure way to access personal information, such as banking preferences, paycheck stubs, and insurances.

What do you dislike?

When trying to use the app, it takes a while for the system to connect to the app for clearance.

Fraud.. it’s easy to check personal info with this app safely

Duo Security review by Nicole F.
Nicole F.

"duo mobile"

What do you like best?

it is easy to use and efficient for logging in to my websites when not in the office

What do you dislike?

there is nothing i have disliked so far about this tech

security and data privacy issues. It is easy to use when not in the office

Duo Security review by Aleksandr N.
Aleksandr N.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

How well it works with all services from Google to Github

What do you dislike?

How it breaks every Tuesday morning and does not send me a push.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an amazing option for security!

The issue of security. It is amazing at preventing unauthorized access.

Duo Security review by Tessa B.
Tessa B.

"Duo at westga"

What do you like best?

It sends me a notification on my phone so it is easy to sign into my account. Also it makes it so that no one random can access my account.

What do you dislike?

If I don’t have my phone with me I can’t get into my account

It makes sure personal information stays secure

Duo Security review by User in Higher Education

"Helpful for maintaining utmost security"

What do you like best?

Duo is an effective tool for two-step verification, especially in hospital setting while dealing with sensitive patient data. Its much easier than using the hardware security tokens, and typing out numbers. It allows you options between text, push notifications and security codes, which makes it easy to sign in with two-step verification anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Its an easy to use app, and has many options to choose from in terms of verification. It does drain phone battery though.

Dealing with sensitive data, and maintaining security.

Duo Security review by Sara C.
Sara C.

"2FA at its best"

What do you like best?

We love using Duo for our clients who need remote access. Much more reliable than just a VPN connection.

What do you dislike?

I wish you had the option to always push the notification not just use a code

Many of our clients use Terminal Services and this is helping add that benefit of added security while out of the office.

Duo Security review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Decent"

What do you like best?

The ability to get the push notifications.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t always call the person. You should use the push notifications if possible. The calls are not reliable. This is the only issue we experience the most. We are still trying to figure out why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up push notifications for whoever you can. They are most reliable.

We are making sure the correct person is logging on to our VPN and using our information. This has kept viruses and threats to a minimum.

Duo Security review by Administrator

"Duo Authentication for Windows Remote desktop Authentication"

What do you like best?

Best Part about the duo is their documentation regarding how to operate its functionality.

What do you dislike?

Support needs to be quick. There is no 24*7 support team available for a quick call if we needs urgent help from them.

We need to sent an email to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This Product is useful to your environment if you considering about MFA.

For our Server MFA, we are using duo.

We can restrict the authentication to specified persons only and we can help the environment from intruders.

Duo Security review by Raven O.
Raven O.

"Great for 2 factor authentication "

What do you like best?

Like how easy it is to use from the admin portal

What do you dislike?

Don’t dislike anything. Very easy to use and intuitive.

Biggest benefit is the lock out on the user end. Helps them realize that it is secure.

Duo Security review by Marie H.
Marie H.

"Reliable Software"

What do you like best?

I was concerned that there would be issues when my company instituted two-factor authorization, but this software has been nothing but smooth sailing.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times when Duo has failed. Other than these few times, I have no complaints about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution. Easy to use. Reliable.

I feel better knowing that all of my accounts and information have an additional level of security. The options for authentication that Duo provides are secure without being inconvenient.

Duo Security review by User

"Extra layer of safety! "

What do you like best?

I love that there is an app for my phone and that I can save each device for 30 days

What do you dislike?

There is nothing bad to say about Duo. Product does exactly what it says

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

Two step factor authentification for University platforms such as email and conten management software. When trying to log into my school’s platforms from my computer and phone, I am required to verify my identity through the Duo app that sends me a push notification

Duo Security review by Administrator

"Easy to deploy and use, great for security"

What do you like best?

I love the push feature. I love the fact that it's easy to deploy without any issues. It works fine and secures the authentication process.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Everything about it works as i expect nd i have no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Support is good even if you won't really need it. Features are also greeat . It guarantees security for cloud infrastructure and equally hardens the authentication process.

Two factor authentication, compliance and security.

Duo Security review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Effective, efficient security"

What do you like best?

DUO is an extremely effective two-factor authentication platform, and one I would highly suggest. I have not found a better platform out there in terms of ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Other than an over-implementation at our company, the only real complaint I have is that DUO sometimes suffers from delays delivering the two-factor notification from your phone. These delays are usually trivial though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very considerate of where and how you implement DUO. i am a huge fan of security, but not security that sacrifices productivity especially for a useless cause. Make sure what you put behind DUO actually benefits from a two-factor authentication product. If it does, DUO is the best way to go in my opinion.

This has really helped us lock down our security while also making it easier to monitor usage and make the security process less of a hassle for our employees.

Duo Security review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Best double checked security management app"

What do you like best?

The best thing about th DUO is as soon as you try to login on sever which you are working, sometime it’s ask for DUO code . It’s Best way to keep your account secure.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about DUO. It’s just aweomme

At UVA school of medicine, when we try to login on the sever, we use duo code as a double security to login

Duo Security review by Surabhi S.
Surabhi S.

"Duo Security "

What do you like best?

It serves its purpose and is easy to use. It also has different options to keep information private.

What do you dislike?

I like the app as it is, I don't use it unless I need to log into my accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really fast and simple and easy to use

We use it to get into out accounts at work, it helps us keep our client's information safe

Duo Security review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"Great for user validation"

What do you like best?

The push, call, and code notifications are great so that im not searching in order to access my files.

What do you dislike?

requires and app on your phone to use and cannot validate unless you have a robot call you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't delete the app off your phone once you have it set.

Helps with security to make sure the person using my laptop is me and me alone.

Duo Security review by Scott A.
Scott A.

"Enhanced security at an extremely small usability pain point. "

What do you like best?

End client runs on everything. Allows multiple client devices. Authentication response times nearly instantaneous, End client can print out it's own key for systems that don't push the request to end devices.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my Android phone app needs to both authenticate AND confirm a login. Kind of annoying, not really an issue.

increased security through dual factor auth.

Duo Security review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Easy two-factor authentication"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of sending a push notification to my phone. The interface on my phone is quite simple, and the 2FA process is quick.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I hit "approve" on the push notification on my phone, and it doesn't register on the desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great!

This is keeping my information more secure.

Duo Security review by Pierre L.
Pierre L.

"Strong TFA for Enterprise"

What do you like best?

DUO setup was clear. It seems that every time I add a new service or app, it almost always has a DUO SSO integration.

What do you dislike?

Actually configuring for the first time. Although the documentation and support are good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to other TFA solutions, DUO was by far the best choice for our org (under 1000 people)

Okta is our Enterprise TFA solution.

It allows us to centrally manage passwords, and allow for secure TFA VPN access.

Duo Security review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Duo Security"

What do you like best?

Duo Security provides a crucial way to keep your business accounts secure. When dealing with important and sensitive information, it is important that users feel protected.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Duo Security has you verify every time you log into a website through the same user account/computer. There should be a way that only has you log in once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you download the application for easier use.

The benefit of duo is that you feel an extra sense of security, and everyone's data will be further protected in the databases.

Duo Security review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Simple two factor authentication product"

What do you like best?

I love the app capability and the ease of using the product especially for our technically challenged users. Very quick to setup accounts and for users to setup the app.

What do you dislike?

The cost for when users need to use the sms or call feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product adds that easy to use second form of security when accessing the firm resources. The product is also a less expensive option than RSA product and does very similar job.

Adding a second layer of security when accessing our remote systems.

Duo Security review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Awesome software!"

What do you like best?

Duo has been a breeze to use. Set up was straight forward and it has been easy for users to adopt.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This software "just worked" out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is easy to implement and to manage. Users have adopted it easily. Great ROI.

This has helped us realize our goal of 2 factor authentication, which was needed for certifications.

Duo Security review by Kara L.
Kara L.

"Experience using Duo Security"

What do you like best?

Duo has an extremely simple interface and is useful in enhancing security. It’s two-factor authentication system easily verified the identity of users before they are granted access to applications and resources.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any specific dislikes about Duo.

A clear benefit is ensuring the trustworthiness of user devices and protecting user login authenticity.

"Best Security App Ever"

What do you like best?

I like best that I have to sign in every single time I need to check my work email & I have to have a verification code sent to me via text. It’s a secure way to keep my information private & protect private information in my secured email safe.

What do you dislike?

While it is a pain to sign in every single time, I understand it’s importance. It would be convenient to have like a PIN number or Face ID setup on my iphone

Security, protecting patient rights & enforcing HIPAA

Duo Security review by User in Internet

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to get started using duo. I'm an intern at a Silicon Valley company and had to quickly get set up with lots of security features, duo was ready within a minute. Great mobile integration.

What do you dislike?

I have gotten in an auth loop before, kind of frustrating but rare enough that it's not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend checking it out, very simple setup and mobile use. Security is so important just go for it.

Provides 2-step security, easy to use on mobile

"Does the job "

What do you like best?

The set up was very easy. A notification to download the app was pushed to my phone.

What do you dislike?

The notification prompt for whenever I try to log on and authenticate myself is hit or miss. It doesn’t show up some times.

Security and authentication of users for our company sensitive data.

Duo Security review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Duo Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for our end users. While using it on an iPhone is really is a 3 factor authentication.

What do you dislike?

The notification on the iPhone with the updated iOS is hard to use. It might just be a iOS issue but before it was easier to accept the notification without unlocking the screen and opening Duo

We needed to have 2 factor authentication in order to access our network. This allows us to meet those requirements

"DUO user experience"

What do you like best?

The double authentication for logging into account is great for protecting accounts with sensitive information.

What do you dislike?

Need an additional application on my phone which takes up some internal storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and definitely increases the security for account holders.

Protect our university accounts to prevent phishing attacks.

Duo Security review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Simple and Well Worth The Investment"

What do you like best?

Very simple for end users to use, and not terribly complex to implement for most popular apps (SFDC, SharePoint, Remote Access, etc...)

What do you dislike?

Could be a little more cost competitive, but its a per user model so not too bad.

we are using this to partially mitigate compromised credentials.

Learning about Duo Security?

* We monitor all Duo Security reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.