Do you work for Duo Security?

Duo Security Reviews

1-50 of 102 total Duo Security reviews

Duo Security Reviews

1-50 of 102 total Duo Security reviews
Duo Security review by Natasha F.
Logistics Coordinator of Short Term Ministry
Most Recent Duo Security Video Review
Duo Security review by Cate R.

"Keep your access safe with Duo Security"

What do you like best?

Duo Security is an application and program that is easy to use. We believe it is the best for two-step authentication access. From the moment you install the program, its use is very simple and when you set it up in your pages or devices you only need to show the pop-up window with your unique code to be able to access your pages or applications. It is the best in terms of security it is about!

What do you dislike?

This program complies with what it promises and we really do not have anything negative to say about it, just make sure you have your mobile phone with enough charge so that you can access the application and therefore your pages with double authentication. And if you do not have a good network, it may be difficult for you to get the access code, for the rest Duo Security is a very good security program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If in your company you want to improve the security of your workers or clients who need to access certain pages or platforms that require the use of a password, Duo Security is the two-factor authentication program (or Multi-Factor Authentication) that you should use and recommend.

Before using Duo constantly our workers and customers changed their password and thus be able to maintain the security of their accounts or pages with access, now since we use Duo Security the accesses and passwords are safer and can be conserved for a longer time. Finally mention that it also serves for third-party applications and personal use.

Duo Security review by Isaac B.
Director Of Information Technology

"Increase your security mechanisms"

What do you like best?

It is a software that has a fairly simple line of learning, that helps you to understand the operation of the system right away.

Something very useful is that it eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, the different passwords we have and other activities related to security and privacy. Duo Security allows all this to be integrated within your system and you do not have to be using and managing several applications for different aspects related to security.

It integrates easily with third-party applications, allowing you to integrate and manage various applications within your system.

What do you dislike?

If you have a phone linked to the application and have a problem with it, it takes a while to restore everything on the new phone. It would be good to simplify the change of phone and to dump the information within the new one does not take so long.

Push notifications sometimes do not go well, may take a while or arrive several at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Facilitating user access to the system and having more control over the privileges of each user accessing the system and the data entered in it is what this application provides. It is software that increases security in your company and control over your users.

Having the 2FA authentication for our passwords and applications makes the data much safer. It is important for us the information we have within our systems and this software makes us more certain that it will not be lost.

The users that we have within our system also have much easier to interact and enter information within the system, since it is very easy to authenticate through this tool and allows us not to waste time using other applications. In addition, you can easily manage and grant permits to new users, you have a lot of control over what you can or can not do.

Duo Security review by Mark M.

"Log in reliably with Duo Security"

What do you like best?

Duo is a program is an intuitive and modern program, very easy to install and use. Duo will allow you to use your free plan, manage 10 users at the same time, something that other programs do not have, besides, their payment plans for companies are excellent. In addition to allowing us in your free plan, administer 10 users at the same time, something that other programs do not have, also their payment plans for companies are excellent.

What do you dislike?

We have worked with Duo Security in more than two years and it has been great and above all it covered all our needs. However we can say that sometimes automatic notifications do not arrive instantaneously if the person who uses Duo does not have coverage on his cell phone or device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company definitely recommend this program 100%, it is extremely complete, modern and integrates very quickly with other platforms. It is a program where you will find everything it promises in terms of security. If you want to maintain the security of your customers, workers, personal and business data, this is the tool for you and your company.

We were able to install Duo Security easily in Android and iSO phones, also our clients and users could log in securely in their accounts. It offers comfortable prices in its plans. And it gives us alternatives to enter as text messages, pop-up messages and phone calls.

Duo Security review by Kevin K.
Consult

"The security that Duo Security has given us"

What do you like best?

Duo Security is a modern and intuitive tool with a very easy-to-use interface. Duo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA in several of our services, such as logging in securely, in addition to easily integrating with other services or third-party applications. Not to mention that you have a free plan where you can manage up to 10 users and other plans with excellent prices for companies.

What do you dislike?

Duo Security has worked very well for a long time and has been able to cover our needs and we can only mention a small detail that can be taken into account, such as the irregularity of automatic notifications if the user does not have a good reception on the cell phone. For the rest, we do not have any negative aspect to mention, it is a good security program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We believe that we have nothing to recommend, it is a complete, efficient, easy, modern program to use, install and manage, complies with everything it promises and a program that we recommend satisfactorily.

It helped us to provide greater security to our users and customers of remote assistance with the 2FA for the start of session in a secure way, it can be easily installed in iSO or Android devices which helps us to cover a wide variety of users. They can be authenticated through push notifications, phone calls or text messages. And he offers us prices in all his plans.

Duo Security review by Jamie J.
Inside Sales Manager
Industrial Automation

"Unmatched security at incredibly reasonable prices"

What do you like best?

DUO offers us 2FA security without the considerable costs normally associated with 2FA. Rather than having to run our own 2FA server at significant costs and maintenance requirements, we are able to have a simple deployment for our users and get the security we need.

What do you dislike?

I have been using DUO for years now and haven't had any issues to date, I'm truly a happy customer when it comes to DUO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DUO is an industry leader when it comes to network security. They are currently being acquired by Cisco, another industry leader in this realm. I can confidently recommend DUO to small and large business who take security seriously.

We discovered DUO soon after our company was hit by a sever cryptolock attack. This was due to a user using unsecure and repeated passwords. Adding the 2FA layer from DUO solved the issue of allowing someone to remotely access a system, even if they were able to determine a password from brute force, phishing or other social engineering based attacks.

Duo Security review by Chris S.
Director of Client Services
(10,001+ employees)

"DUO authentication for MFA...it just works"

What do you like best?

Once a user has completed setup of DUO, using it for authentication to secured sites is easy and straightforward. The multitude of authentication methods available through the service ensures that even the most finicky of users will have a method they are happy to use.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup can be on the complicated side for end-users. It's possible that our own implementation of the product has led to some of the setup difficulties we see for users, but setup still seems more cumbersome than other MFA authentication products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DUO is a reliable and effective MFA solution. I've personally used others in previous positions, and DUP proves to be far easier to use daily for end-users.

We use DUO to provide MFA services for a wide range of secured sites and platforms.

Duo Security review by Sandeep K.
Senior Programmer

"Best Security app for login"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this software is that we can not login to our work station unless we pass through Duo Security. There is a mobile app for this which makes it easy to authenticate. We just need to tap "Approve" on the login request sent to mobile app. There are three types of login. One can choose any type based on their liking. One can login using passcodes, call on spot or just clicking approval system.

What do you dislike?

Adding account to Duo is time consuming. I had lost my mobile phone and wanted to configure duo again to login to my work station. I had to wait for the administrator to add my account. If he was on a leave then it would have taken another day and I would not have logged in to work station.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One must give it a try to if they want to secure their work stations. Will make work more. secure.

Using this software it makes sure no one else login to our work station except the authenticated user. Benefit of this software is that it makes our work secure.

Duo Security review by Eric B.
Software Support Engineer

"Streamlined MFA solution used at my company in combination with Okta SSO"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can send a push straight to my iPhone and then authenticate with 3D touch and touchID. Authentication is extremely fast compared to MFA through google, apple, etc

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could set Duo to always automatically push to my phone instead of asking me to select an option. I also wish that I could have Duo be already authenticated on my iPhone after restoring from an iCloud backup. I tried restoring on an itunes backup and it works if the backup is encrypted. On an iCloud restore you will need to re-authenticate the device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying it. I just found out that Okta has it's own MFA system that I'm sure would integrate well with Okta. However, Duo integrates very well and works very quickly. Highly recommend.

Duo has allowed us to set up MFA for our applications on Okta as well as for OpenVPN connect to securely authenticate sign in by users in the office and working remotely.

Duo Security review by User

"Convenient extra layer of security"

What do you like best?

Compared to other two-factor authentication platforms I’ve used, this one is more reliable and feature-rich. Every time I request a sign in, I immediately get a notifcation on my phone, whether the app is open or not—no delays or inconsistencies. I also like the multiple options for verifying a sign in. I mostly use “Push,” but I have occasional used “Passcode,” and that’s equally reliable if slightly less convenient. Finally, my initally registration with Duo took mere milliseconds, thanks to the option to scan a barcode provided by my company to add an account.

What do you dislike?

When my phone broke, I was unable to access my accounts because I didn’t have access to that device to verify my sign ins. Luckily, my replacement phone has the same number, and I got the replacement quickly enough to minimize my time without access, but I wish Duo would come up with a solution for registering a back up device to avoid this problem. Also, if my phone were stolen, I’m not sure how to remotely de-register it with Duo, so having a blurb about that in their “User Guide” that comes with the app might be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s the best dual-authentication platform in terms of user experience that I’ve used.

Duo allows me to have another layer to ensure the security of patient information, further preventing possible breaches of health data beyond usernames, passwords, and other access restrictions. The Push notifications are convenient in that I don’t have to enter an extra passcode and would immediately be notified whether someone else were trying to access my accounts, even if the app were closed.

Duo Security review by User in Higher Education

"Tedious to set up, but generally quite user-friendly"

What do you like best?

We use Duo for logging into just about everything at work, and I could set it up to call me on my work cell, my personal cell, or my landline at work. This is helpful for days when I'm working remotely or left my work phone at home; no matter what, I can still log into everything I need to keep working. It's great.

What do you dislike?

The login requests time out pretty quickly. I know this is important for security purposes, but sometimes you get distracted or something else comes up and then you have to start the whole process all over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use this to manage a single sign-on with just about every website and application we use at work. It's nice to only have one username and password for everything, and Duo helps make that a possibility.

Duo Security review by Lorrie L.
Teacher
Education Management

"Due Mobile for Additional Security"

What do you like best?

I like that the app allows me to send a push to my phone to authenticate my email login. It is very user friendly and I feel like my email is very secure.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if I have poor cell service, I do not receive a push notification but I don't necessarily attribute that to the app itself, it's more of a minor inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone who is concerned about email security!

I have solved the problem of adding an additional layer of security to each email login and I use my school email daily. Each time I login I know that no one else is able to use my email because I would get notified on my phone.

Duo Security review by Kelly L.
IT Support Intern
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"Great But Not Efficient"

What do you like best?

Increased security which needs to be identified twice before logging into various accounts. Can be verified through mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Although this increases security, it is very hard to verify user when you lose your mobile device. It has to verify by a push through app, a code through the app, or mobile phone number.

One day, sister mistakened my phone as her’s and took it with her. I use my phone for Duo during my job. All my work application depends on Duo. Without my phone with Duo app,I wasn’t able to access anything on an unfamiliar device. Made my job very difficult that day.

Good concept, but needs more verification options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add multiple devices to verify!

Increases security in work applications

"Two-Factor made easy"

What do you like best?

Simple to implement, It provides secure authentication. It is easy to enroll and manage users. Support for Apple and Android devices. Easy to implement with most authentication infrastructures.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. All is working well. The fixed a minor issue several months ago where the screen would pause to display some text then adjust down slightly causing you to touch the wrong area if you used the app quickly (open app and instantly lookup your 6 digit number). All is well now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a trial period which can help determine if it is right for you. More than likely you will be pleased and decide to implement.

Using DUO to authenticate applications eliminates the need for password changes. This is a welcome change for most users and a welcome change for the Help Desk as people tend to put off forced password changes to the last minute, forget the new password, or not change it in time.

Duo Security review by Kylee V.

"Very secure "

What do you like best?

Since duo is accessible from your mobile phone, it is very convenient and fast.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i dont like about the duo security is that when you are logging in it takes an extra step, however that assures no one else can access my information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Duo is very user friendly and I feel like it a very good way to insure that your stuff is secure

The benefits are solely security benefits, no one can get access to my work information or my emails with out having access to my duo and i get an alert every time i need a duo login.

Duo Security review by User in Higher Education

"Great two factor authentication app"

What do you like best?

The 30 day access option makes login on non-public desktops and laptops I use in my office, and on my own personal devices I use on campus quick. I don't ever have to worry about my phone not being charged to approve push notifications.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely hate when my phone isn't charged, or I don't have it with me while troubleshooting AV issues around campus. It takes a lot more effort to get logged in the websites without a phone or a chromebook that is recognized by DUO, and that's very inconvenient when I need to access university web pages that require my credentials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For organizations and institutions wanting to increase security that may be compromised through phishing attempts via email, this is a great option. It has cut down the traffic at our main support desk where users receive help recovering passwords.

Before requiring employees to use Duo, and really bringing awareness of the app to the rest of the campus community we used to waste a lot of time resetting passwords for people who fell for phishing scams. The section of our department responsible for user accounts spends a lot less time resetting passwords and is more available to address more complex issues.

Duo Security review by Administrator in Financial Services

"Super simple 2FA"

What do you like best?

It is a 2FA solution with easy management and compatibility with a good selection of vendors. There are integration tools that will let you add 2fa to a number of popular platforms that don't offer it natively. The dashboard is clear and simple. User management is a no brainer, and there are some nice little reports that give you an accounting of activity. There is even an apple watch client app that provides a one touch approval for multi factor logins. The directions for the integrations with third party products are clear enough that we have never had a problem tying them in to the Duo system.

What do you dislike?

Not much. It would be nice if they offered a tier with more security options, such as limiting access by geography or whitelist only ip ranges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is extremely simple to get up and running. If you already have products that authenticate using radius or ldap, you are halfway there. The back end service does have occasional and brief outages, which may cause a disruption for very large organizations with a constant flow of traffic, but for our needs, the downtime has been almost imperceptible. For authentication against local resources, you will need to host a proxy server in house to which requests will be forwarded.

We have been able to add multi factor authentication to several platforms where we did not have it before. The amount of security this adds for the price is absolutely worth it. We are able to better secure anything that authenticates through our active directory.

Duo Security review by Thomas S.

"Full feature 2FA Provider"

What do you like best?

I like how well different integration topics are covered by Duo's knowledge base.

What do you dislike?

Automated emails from Duo's billing and sales team seem to go to junkmail because they use some service. While not the worst thing in the world it seems odd for a security company and wish I did not have to miss them. The billing emails don't seem to be able to even have a consistent rule applied to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check to see if other hardware and services you use in your environment support Duo. Chances are they do!

We're solving the problem of 2FA authentication on Windows across different services.

Duo Security review by Renée S.
Research Area Specialist
Research

"Duo Security "

What do you like best?

The Duo app makes logging on very easy and efficient. It's very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

If you do not carry your cell phone with you all the time, there may be times you cannot log in because you cannot access the Duo app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering a way to ensure your data/email/documents are more secure, Duo makes it easy to do so.

Duo is supposed to make it more difficult for hackers to access your email as well as other important websites that may contain sensitive information. I like the added security it brings and provides peace of mind, especially when you are dealing with confidential data.

Duo Security review by chris p.
Hardware - Network Tech

"best all in one SSO/2FA product i have seen so far"

What do you like best?

As an admin, this is super simple to install, configure and be up and running in no time.

What do you dislike?

That the trial version is only 30 days. You cant really get a true feel for a product in your environment in such a short time. the 30 days includes weekends, so in reality you may only truly get more like 20 days.

secured dual authentication and SSO for the various cloud services we use in house.

Duo Security review by Amy B.
Executive Assistant
Internet

"Very simple to use!"

What do you like best?

I use Duo Security almost every day, and I've always had good experiences with it. It's quick and easy to use. I have never had any issues at all. When using the app, I have them send me a push, which sends me a login code. Everything happens within seconds, which is great. There's no waiting time.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something to be annoyed about, I would say it's the fact that I had to download an app to my phone in order to use Duo Security. But overall, it's not that big of a deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not all employees will want to have the app on their personal phones.

It adds extra security when logging in remotely.

Duo Security review by User in Higher Education

"A Necessary Evil, But I'm Thankful"

What do you like best?

Duo seems to be safe and ensure security, but the most important feature for users is ease of use and approval. I find Duo very easy to use and with an iPhone 7 with the haptic button, I can approve without having to find the Duo app and maneuver through the app to approve. Instead I can do it through the push notification and finger print ID.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that Duo is doing poorly, though I miss the days without dual sign in and extra security, but like I said, it's a necessary evil.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely would. Again, dual security adds another step in my day, but with the push notification and Apple Finger ID, plus one day sign in, Duo makes dual authentication a breeze. I would say that if you lose the ability to send a push and you have to use the phone call, it costs Clemson a decent amount of money.

Security and assurance that no one is discovering secure information. I have realized that hacked information is a serious problem and risk and Duo makes authentication easy.

Duo Security review by Hannah U.

"Easy to Use Security Tool"

What do you like best?

It's so simple to get users signed up with Duo and the configuration steps are so simple, making it foolproof.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have issues where users don't always get the notification they have something awaiting their approval or it requests the approval more than once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a seamless integration that works on various platforms with a consistent design for ease of use among all users.

This allows us to troubleshoot remote connectivity issues based on if they're reaching the point in the process where Duo is being notified of a login attempt. This makes my job easier to see where the steps are failing.

Duo Security review by User in Sports

"Great security measure"

What do you like best?

I love that you can access DUO from a mobile app - makes having a secondary security measure not be a pain, but still be effective. It's also very quick; the log in request comes up on my phone almost immediately when I try to log into my account from my computer. I also really like that after I approve on my mobile, it will automatically take me to the next log in screen on my computer (I only have to do the one submission).

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about this program! It is straightforward to use, and seems to be an effective security measure!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and understand -- we did not have any issues that I know of implementing this technology throughout our departments. People seemed to get the hang of it right away, and only a few people of older generations seemed to push back a little. Overall, using Duo for secondary authentication seems like a win-win choice.

It makes our employee accounts much more safe. While it works quickly so that it does not hinder everyday time sheet entries, it protects private tax information, etc. much better than having a single log in product. If anyone ever tries to log into my account -- I definitely know, no matter where I am or what I am doing!

Duo Security review by Gautham A.
Integration Lead
Computer & Network Security

"Security at the "push" of a button "

What do you like best?

The way it gets integrated with any OS, ease of registration, installation on the mobile and 100% secured.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app can hang and push the requests multiple times (and may eventually throw you out of network). We'll be required to retrying. This can happen when the mobile phone hangs and when there is a delay in the push from Duo to mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are various features that come handy with Duo. It is ease to setup. Mobile app is very handy. You can either generate the token or use their push option from your computer and push the request to your mobile.

2nd factor authentication is now mandatory at our work place and Duo Security is our solution.

Duo Security review by Consultant in Management Consulting

"Consultant's use of Duo Security"

What do you like best?

The code is very simple and allows me to quickly log in to my network VPN at home by using my phone. I also like that I can use the functionality offline and even on an airplane.

What do you dislike?

The connection can be very slow if using remotely. However, I am not sure if that is because of DUO Security or my computer.

Duo Security allows me to remotely access my company's network. The software not only utilizes efficiency by allowing me to log in and complete work from virtually any where, but it also protects the security of my company and my clients by keeping confidential and protected information off my desk top and within the secured network.

"Difficult to use"

What do you like best?

I like that my accounts are secured with two-factor authentication. Having an app for users is also very helpful. I have heard that there is also a plug-in for your computer, making logins much easier and efficient, but unfortunately my company has disabled the use of them for unknown reasons.

What do you dislike?

Logging into my school's website using Duo has been a thorn in my side. Each and every time I have to log in, I am redirected to my phone, wherever that may be at the time, and asked to confirm the login. This has been a frustrating experience as well as a massive time sink.

As of now, no perceived business problems have been solved, but I realize that having a more secure login is only to my benefit and is a dramatic upgrade from previously.

Duo Security review by User

"Access to computer in University"

What do you like best?

I like how it automatically gives me a push notification to accept the connection.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how I have to redo it every time connection is lost, if they can have a remember me like function that would be great

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you download the app instead of using the pin it makes it much easier to gain access

I was able to connect to the computer in my lab without physically being there, saved me the time and allowed me to access things when I needed at the moment

Duo Security review by User in Restaurants

"Security perspective: good. Developer perspective: annoying"

What do you like best?

How fast it pushes notifications to one's smart-phone. They really do try their best to make it as non-annoying as possible, given how annoying spending that extra time on dual authentication is.

What do you dislike?

It's very frustrating how much aggregated time I waste unlocking my phone to confirm via Duo that I want to sign in somewhere. As a developer, it seems to get in the way more than anything else. From a security perspective, I'm glad that we have it. I wish dual authentication wasn't so difficult sometimes, but I'd prefer more secure over less secure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's excellent in its function, but it's frustrating as a concept. I'd highly recommend using Duo Security if you are moving towards Dual Authentication.

The use of Duo is solving the risk of if someone's laptop or account is compromised. It provides a good user interface, and is easy to set up. It's intuitive to use.

Duo Security review by Ashley V.
Physical Therapy Aide

"Not bad but terribly annoying for users"

What do you like best?

I like that this is a great program to protect safety and security of students.

What do you dislike?

This is very difficult for people without smartphones so in a way it's a huge hassle.

Nothing currently. But this does increase the level of security between large companies and their users.

Duo Security review by Abe B.
Director of Information Technology
Law Practice

"Radically improved security on the cheap"

What do you like best?

It was easy to get up and running. We had it working with Remote Desktop using smartphones as the authenticators on the same day we decided to try it. The integration for OWA went even faster because we already had all the users enrolled for Remote Desktop; it was simply a matter of installing the software on Exchange servers.

Duo offers many authentication options, including push to a smartphone, text to any cell phone, call to any phone, and numeric codes generated by OATH keys.

The service has proven to be reliable and fast.

What do you dislike?

There are some tempting features at the more expensive plan levels, but not quite enough to justify the increase in price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Given the very simple setup and the availability of a free trial, there's not much to consider. Give it whirl.

Adding two-factor security significantly improves security.

Duo Security review by Michael S.
System Support Specialist

"Great Two step authentication"

What do you like best?

It gives us that second layer of authentication we are looking for. Very easy and convenient for users set up, learn and adapt to. Very easy to manage users from an administrative perspective.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the push notifications for users do not come through. We have found this is usually due to the WiFi connections they are on, normally hotels, would have a specific port blocked. But DUO does have another method of authentication for this situation.

We are adding extra security to our network by adding a second layer of authentication to our VPN and other online portals.

Duo Security review by Chelsea S.

"Good Security"

What do you like best?

It is a more secure way to access personal information, such as banking preferences, paycheck stubs, and insurances.

What do you dislike?

When trying to use the app, it takes a while for the system to connect to the app for clearance.

Fraud.. it’s easy to check personal info with this app safely

Duo Security review by Nicole F.
Account Manager

"duo mobile"

What do you like best?

it is easy to use and efficient for logging in to my websites when not in the office

What do you dislike?

there is nothing i have disliked so far about this tech

security and data privacy issues. It is easy to use when not in the office

Duo Security review by Aleksandr N.
Help Desk Consultant
(Myself Only)

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

How well it works with all services from Google to Github

What do you dislike?

How it breaks every Tuesday morning and does not send me a push.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an amazing option for security!

The issue of security. It is amazing at preventing unauthorized access.

Duo Security review by Tessa B.
Bridge teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Duo at westga"

What do you like best?

It sends me a notification on my phone so it is easy to sign into my account. Also it makes it so that no one random can access my account.

What do you dislike?

If I don’t have my phone with me I can’t get into my account

It makes sure personal information stays secure

Duo Security review by User in Higher Education

"Helpful for maintaining utmost security"

What do you like best?

Duo is an effective tool for two-step verification, especially in hospital setting while dealing with sensitive patient data. Its much easier than using the hardware security tokens, and typing out numbers. It allows you options between text, push notifications and security codes, which makes it easy to sign in with two-step verification anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Its an easy to use app, and has many options to choose from in terms of verification. It does drain phone battery though.

Dealing with sensitive data, and maintaining security.

Duo Security review by Sara C.
Systems Engineer

"2FA at its best"

What do you like best?

We love using Duo for our clients who need remote access. Much more reliable than just a VPN connection.

What do you dislike?

I wish you had the option to always push the notification not just use a code

Many of our clients use Terminal Services and this is helping add that benefit of added security while out of the office.

Duo Security review by Administrator in Medical Practice

"Decent"

What do you like best?

The ability to get the push notifications.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t always call the person. You should use the push notifications if possible. The calls are not reliable. This is the only issue we experience the most. We are still trying to figure out why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up push notifications for whoever you can. They are most reliable.

We are making sure the correct person is logging on to our VPN and using our information. This has kept viruses and threats to a minimum.

Duo Security review by Administrator

"Duo Authentication for Windows Remote desktop Authentication"

What do you like best?

Best Part about the duo is their documentation regarding how to operate its functionality.

What do you dislike?

Support needs to be quick. There is no 24*7 support team available for a quick call if we needs urgent help from them.

We need to sent an email to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This Product is useful to your environment if you considering about MFA.

For our Server MFA, we are using duo.

We can restrict the authentication to specified persons only and we can help the environment from intruders.

Duo Security review by Raven O.
GSD
Internet

"Great for 2 factor authentication "

What do you like best?

Like how easy it is to use from the admin portal

What do you dislike?

Don’t dislike anything. Very easy to use and intuitive.

Biggest benefit is the lock out on the user end. Helps them realize that it is secure.

Duo Security review by Marie H.
Content Editor

"Reliable Software"

What do you like best?

I was concerned that there would be issues when my company instituted two-factor authorization, but this software has been nothing but smooth sailing.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times when Duo has failed. Other than these few times, I have no complaints about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution. Easy to use. Reliable.

I feel better knowing that all of my accounts and information have an additional