Duo Security

Cloud-based user authentication vendor: authenticate with your phone, Duo mobile app, landline, or tokens with or without an internet connection

Work for Duo Security?

Learning about Duo Security?

Duo Security Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 56 Duo Security reviews
Duo Security review by <span>Eric B.</span>
Eric B.

Streamlined MFA solution used at my company in combination with Okta SSO

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can send a push straight to my iPhone and then authenticate with 3D touch and touchID. Authentication is extremely fast compared to MFA through google, apple, etc

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could set Duo to always automatically push to my phone instead of asking me to select an option. I also wish that I could have Duo be already authenticated on my iPhone after restoring from an iCloud backup. I tried restoring on an itunes backup and it works if the backup is encrypted. On an iCloud restore you will need to re-authenticate the device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying it. I just found out that Okta has it's own MFA system that I'm sure would integrate well with Okta. However, Duo integrates very well and works very quickly. Highly recommend.

Duo has allowed us to set up MFA for our applications on Okta as well as for OpenVPN connect to securely authenticate sign in by users in the office and working remotely.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Duo Security
Duo Security review by <span>Kelly L.</span>
Kelly L.

Great But Not Efficient

What do you like best?

Increased security which needs to be identified twice before logging into various accounts. Can be verified through mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Although this increases security, it is very hard to verify user when you lose your mobile device. It has to verify by a push through app, a code through the app, or mobile phone number.

One day, sister mistakened my phone as her’s and took it with her. I use my phone for Duo during my job. All my work application depends on Duo. Without my phone with Duo app,I wasn’t able to access anything on an unfamiliar device. Made my job very difficult that day.

Good concept, but needs more verification options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add multiple devices to verify!

Increases security in work applications

What Cloud Security solution do you use?

Duo Security review by User in Higher Education

Two-Factor made easy

What do you like best?

Simple to implement, It provides secure authentication. It is easy to enroll and manage users. Support for Apple and Android devices. Easy to implement with most authentication infrastructures.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. All is working well. The fixed a minor issue several months ago where the screen would pause to display some text then adjust down slightly causing you to touch the wrong area if you used the app quickly (open app and instantly lookup your 6 digit number). All is well now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a trial period which can help determine if it is right for you. More than likely you will be pleased and decide to implement.

Using DUO to authenticate applications eliminates the need for password changes. This is a welcome change for most users and a welcome change for the Help Desk as people tend to put off forced password changes to the last minute, forget the new password, or not change it in time.

Duo Security review by User

Great two factor authentication app

What do you like best?

The 30 day access option makes login on non-public desktops and laptops I use in my office, and on my own personal devices I use on campus quick. I don't ever have to worry about my phone not being charged to approve push notifications.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely hate when my phone isn't charged, or I don't have it with me while troubleshooting AV issues around campus. It takes a lot more effort to get logged in the websites without a phone or a chromebook that is recognized by DUO, and that's very inconvenient when I need to access university web pages that require my credentials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For organizations and institutions wanting to increase security that may be compromised through phishing attempts via email, this is a great option. It has cut down the traffic at our main support desk where users receive help recovering passwords.

Before requiring employees to use Duo, and really bringing awareness of the app to the rest of the campus community we used to waste a lot of time resetting passwords for people who fell for phishing scams. The section of our department responsible for user accounts spends a lot less time resetting passwords and is more available to address more complex issues.

Duo Security review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

Super simple 2FA

What do you like best?

It is a 2FA solution with easy management and compatibility with a good selection of vendors. There are integration tools that will let you add 2fa to a number of popular platforms that don't offer it natively. The dashboard is clear and simple. User management is a no brainer, and there are some nice little reports that give you an accounting of activity. There is even an apple watch client app that provides a one touch approval for multi factor logins. The directions for the integrations with third party products are clear enough that we have never had a problem tying them in to the Duo system.

What do you dislike?

Not much. It would be nice if they offered a tier with more security options, such as limiting access by geography or whitelist only ip ranges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is extremely simple to get up and running. If you already have products that authenticate using radius or ldap, you are halfway there. The back end service does have occasional and brief outages, which may cause a disruption for very large organizations with a constant flow of traffic, but for our needs, the downtime has been almost imperceptible. For authentication against local resources, you will need to host a proxy server in house to which requests will be forwarded.

We have been able to add multi factor authentication to several platforms where we did not have it before. The amount of security this adds for the price is absolutely worth it. We are able to better secure anything that authenticates through our active directory.

Duo Security review by <span>Thomas S.</span>
Thomas S.

Full feature 2FA Provider

What do you like best?

I like how well different integration topics are covered by Duo's knowledge base.

What do you dislike?

Automated emails from Duo's billing and sales team seem to go to junkmail because they use some service. While not the worst thing in the world it seems odd for a security company and wish I did not have to miss them. The billing emails don't seem to be able to even have a consistent rule applied to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check to see if other hardware and services you use in your environment support Duo. Chances are they do!

We're solving the problem of 2FA authentication on Windows across different services.

Learning about Duo Security?

* We monitor all Duo Security reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.