Duolingo

(85)
4.7 out of 5 stars

Learning with Duolingo is fun and addictive. Earn points for correct answers, race against the clock, and level up. Duolingo's bite-sized lessons are effective, and we have a study to prove it.

Work for Duolingo?

Learning about Duolingo?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

Duolingo Reviews

Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • User Industry
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
User Industry
Showing 85 Duolingo reviews
LinkedIn Connections
Duolingo review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Organic
Reviewed On

Buena experiencia, aún se puede mejorar.

What do you like best?

1. Es gratis

2. Existe la app para dispositivos android

3. Fácil acceso, se puede entrar con la cuenta de Google, Facebook o crear la propia cuenta con el e-mail

4. Múltiples idiomas para aprender al mismo tiempo

5. Mejoras en las lecciones, recordatorios básicos que antes no habían.

6. Guarda el progreso

7. Opción de exonerarse de las lecciones.

8. Practicas traduciendo artículos dentro de Duolingo.

9. Certificación de inglés, la cual es aceptada por diferentes instituciones y organizaciones.

What do you dislike?

1. Aún presenta algunos problemas con las traducciones básicas de inglés a español.

2. Las unidades extras les falta pulir en la traducción de inglés a español.

3. Traducciones muy literales

4. Español muy "mexicanizado"

5. Hay algunos problemas con el audio, muchas veces no se entiende bien.

6. Debido a su diseño y formato, puede llegar a aburrir rápido.

7. El costo del certificado final; muchas persona usan Duolingo por ser gratuito, y cuando llegan al punto del certificado final y que tiene valor, decepciona mucho.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una plataforma útil para aprender nuevos idiomas, sea por necesidad o por diversión. Es práctico, fácil de usar, online y gratuito y te permite tomar un test final para acreditar lo aprendido.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Estamos aprendiendo nuevos idiomas en la institución. Seguimos en la búsqueda de la herramienta óptima para nuestro tiempo libre durante el trabajo, Duolingo no fue la primera opción, pero debido a la facilidad de uso, aún la usamos y nos ha traído resultados.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Duolingo
Headshots
Duolingo review by <span>Shea B.</span>
Shea B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

A fantastic tool for learning languages

What do you like best?

Duolingo is a fantastic resources for people who are currently learning and language and need a tool to revise, those who have learnt a language in the past and do not wish to forget their skills, or even those who want to pick up a new language. The course content is easy to process and fun to work through, and the daily reminders and steak system ensure that the learner can stay engaged and not forget to complete some language learning each day.

What do you dislike?

While Duolingo has excellent support for a wide range of languages, there are still some languages which have not made their way into the online curriculum. While this is understandable for a free and extremely well developed tool, it does restrict the audience Duolingo can be used by and recommended to.

Additionally, while Duolingo's course content is very well structured and organized, it is not as perfect as a specific revision tool, as it lacks the functionality to specify a certain topic or group of words to revise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the process of learning a language, Duolingo is an invaluable tool. Completing or strengthening a few tasks daily can have an enormously beneficial impact on a language learning experience.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

When learning a language, only so much can be learnt in the classroom. It is the time outside of the classroom which is crucial to memorising and immersing oneself with the language they are learning. Duolingo is an extremely valuable tool in this regard, as its easy-to-use and friendly interface make using the product and fun and enriching experience. The streak system with its daily reminders provide an effective means of staying engaged with the product.

What Language Learning solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
Duolingo review by <span>Daniele S.</span>
Daniele S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Organic
Reviewed On

Improved English and learned Esperanto

What do you like best?

Easy to use and the lessons are organized in chapters.

What do you dislike?

For specific languages to others there aren't a lot of courses and this is a big problem of keep using this application if you want more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do at least a lesson every day and in 6 months you will finish without losing a lot of time (usualy round of 20 minutes are the best to memorize)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Improve english and learn more languages for fun

Duolingo review by <span>Gerardo Esteban C.</span>
Gerardo Esteban C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Organic
Reviewed On

502 Day streak! I love Duolingo, I learn French there, I am now learning German, Portuguese, Italian

What do you like best?

I love the Daily Goal, the day streak, ant the variety of exercise that has Duolingo. It is a complete, free, utopic system, the mobile app is incredibly fast and just weighs 16MB in my mobile if that is not awesome I don't know what it is. I use this app every day of my life since 502 days ago. My dream is to be able to develop an idea application, that be very useful, that people love to use if I can't to that I would like to work on Duolingo. I am studying every day to be capable and acceptable of working with them or developing a good idea.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I can't say anything wrong about Duolingo, I am very sorry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you to start now whatever language you want, then when you were learning with Duolingo desktop app or Mobile App:

*Practice every day.

*if a skill is abstract or costs you to learn, give the skill a week, over that week practice it and practice it until you can do the time practice with 2 minutes of remaining time.

*Read and listen Podcasts, Videos, and talk to yourself, it doesn't matter if at the first time goes with a wrong accent.

*Find other people who like and love to practice a language.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I want to be able to communicate with people who don't speak my native language. I can know listen, take courses, be able to ask about coding problems in slack or other comunities.

Duolingo review by <span>Amarillis S.</span>
Amarillis S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Organic
Reviewed On

Great Start

What do you like best?

What I like most is to being able to pick it up and learn anywhere, anytime and for free!

It is also entertaining and progressive, which motivates me to keep on track with the path they give and to not give up easily.

With Duolingo's methodology it's possible to learn in an almost seamlessly way.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say I dislike it, but I believe it helps more as a starter guide to learn than a complete platform to master a new language.

Actually, it is even a good point for me now, as it can be coordinated with other activities (together or consecutively).

It doesn't require more effort than you can make in a daily routine.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I haven't applied my knowledge on business or studies, but it has been nice to be able to understand some words and try brief introductions.

I intend to use it as a starting point to learn a new language, as it is easy to conciliate with the daily routine and provides a progressive knowledge.

Duolingo review by <span>Aimee H.</span>
Aimee H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

Duolingo Review

What do you like best?

I love the lesson structure -- it is short enough that it doesn't take much time, and tests your language ability from multiple different angles.

What do you dislike?

No overarching grammar syntax is given. Sometimes it takes me a while to learn concepts because of that. A short introduction to new grammar principles would be nice.

Also, if I am retaking a previously passed "lesson", to refresh my skills, sometimes it gives you the same sentence over and over again just in a different way. While this may be beneficial if you are just learning a lesson, when I am relearning a lesson I tend to remember the sentence, instead of trying to understand the words that make up the sentence.

Also, more lessons that focus on understanding what you hear would be helpful. For me that is much more difficult than understanding the written word..

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I haven't really used this in a business setting yet.

Kate avatar
Kate from G2 Crowd

Learning about Duolingo?

I can help.
* We monitor all Duolingo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.