Dwolla

Easily implement Dwolla’s platform to organize and scale your business’ payments process. With over 99% uptime, businesses are able to confidently facilitate payments to, from and between their users’ bank accounts within the ACH Network.

Work for Dwolla?

Learning about Dwolla?

Dwolla Reviews

Ask Dwolla a Question
Showing 13 Dwolla reviews
Dwolla review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"Use Dwolla for ACH Payouts to our Suppliers in our B2B Ecommerce website"

What do you like best?

Good support, good product, and great people. There is tons of documentation which is great.

What do you dislike?

I understand the goal of the API and its design, but it ends up being over engineered and hard to use. The Java support is also pretty bad. As a counter example, Stripe's API was extremely easy to understand and use for us. The documentation isn't as detailed as it should be in spots. Would like the dashboard to be more detailed and allow tracing through of all relationships with all available details for each entity. More searching and filtering options on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your developers properly utilize Dwolla's fantastic Slack support when building your integration.

We use Dwolla to make mass payouts to our Suppliers on our B2B ecommerce website. They have really dialed in making ACH easy from a regulation stand point. We have benefited from being abstracted from the complexity and antiquated-ness of the ACH system while still being able to realize the benefits of ACH.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dwolla
Dwolla review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Solid developer experience"

What do you like best?

Payments are hard without a robust, fully working and fully documented sandbox. Dwolla API documentation is fantastic and things like webhooks work, test cases for failure modes are well thought out, and the forum support is available and responded to quickly.

What do you dislike?

Really, nothing. ACH is not an easy infrastructure to cope with, but Dwolla makes it as easy as it can be.

We deliver the savings of ACH (vs credit card) as customer savings at the pump. Any fraud or process losses are extremely problematic for us, and Dwolla has been very helpful in working through the various issues that inevitably arise when you have hundreds of thousands of users. We have had no meaningful scale issues either, which is a big deal in this domain.

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

Dwolla review by User in Internet

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

Dwolla has partners such as MintVine that give you bonuses when you use Dwolla to receive payments from them.

What do you dislike?

When I initially set up the account, it asked me to answer some verification questions. I'm assuming that they pulled these questions from some public records somewhere but some of the questions were asking me about the birth dates of people I have never even heard of. In the end, I had to upload a photo of a government-issued ID. I think that they should either pull these questions from a more accurate source or just skip the questions and make everyone upload ID's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some customers or vendors seem uncomfortable when I ask them to use Dwolla since it's not as well known as some of its competitors.

It allows me to quickly send and receive money from participating vendors I work with.

Dwolla review by Rosalind W.
Rosalind W.

"Dwolla"

What do you like best?

It is safe and easy payment to send to anybody in the world web or mobile.

Dwolla Mass Pay you can make 1000 a payments at once and it comes with a down loadable report to keep your record keeping better.

Easy transfer to your bank account or credit union.

Custom Fee

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Dwolla

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to other people..

I used Dwolla for paying my bills for my business.

Dwolla review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Not bad in the youth sports world"

What do you like best?

Dwolla simplifies my ability to have my youth sports program received payments for registration directly through our website with the least headache.

What do you dislike?

The software works directly through my website and seems to be a one size fits all answer. I wish the Dwolla could store the CC numbers of our members who chose payment plan options and automatically charge their CC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dwolla is a nice choice for simplicity if it's part of your built in system. Otherwise I would do more research on what a product that specifically met your needs.

This software streamlined our process for online registration for as many as 300 youth athletes each year. It also interfaces with our site to help with managing payments.

Dwolla review by Jose Santiago C.
Jose Santiago C.

"Great experience "

What do you like best?

I like how Dwolla's API is easy to integrate with and sending funds through ACH is really easy.

What do you dislike?

Biggest dislike (so far) would be the time from setting up a bank account to checkout.

I am making rental payments easier, especially without having to write checks. Dwolla allows the end user to seamlessly connect their bank account and automate rental payments.

Dwolla review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Dwolla makes payment processing easy."

What do you like best?

The lack of transaction fees is great. The way that it works with ACH is also good. The api and code examples are all very concise and useful.

What do you dislike?

I think that the lack of SDKs outside of the 4 or 5 major languages that they provide via the dwolla github account is unfortunate. I would like to see a Golang wrapper eventually.

ACH payments was the problem, and with dwolla it was easy to solve, including recurring payments.

Dwolla review by User in Internet

"Dwolla"

What do you like best?

I had a great experience integrating with dwolla. It was trivial to get their rest API working with my app in a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

I didn't think there was great support for wrapper modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to understand exactly what you are looking forward!

I was working on a friend-to-friend transfer app when I used dwolla.

Dwolla review by L. Lynette R.
L. Lynette R.

"I received a direct deposit check from a research company that I worked for. "

What do you like best?

It was on time and they didnt charge fees.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing negative about the software.

direct deposit payments

Dwolla review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Great service "

What do you like best?

I like how I’m able to receive payments through dwolla.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing that I dislike about dwolla.

I haven’t been using the service for too long, but so far so good!

Dwolla review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"it was an easy to use product"

What do you like best?

The user interface and advanced features

What do you dislike?

The sign up and verification process. Also that it's only for US based businesses

Sending payments to consultants and developers, The benefits are cost savings and the time saved by going to the branch to do the same service.

Dwolla review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great"

What do you like best?

The simplicity was easy to maneuver through. I didn't have a problem figuring out my way.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Maybe the colors? It was fine as it is.

Increasing company size and the processing works great.

Dwolla review by Consultant

"Viable Payment solution"

What do you like best?

I've followed Dwolla for years and have always liked their service. Simple, easy, straightforward.

What do you dislike?

They required more personal information up front than other vendors I've tried.

Payment solution.

Learning about Dwolla?

* We monitor all Dwolla reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.